How do you get a lot of gold?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Has anyone noticed yellow Items are not dropping as much.

I got 2 rares from Tequatl’s chest today. Got a rare from a jump puzzle chest yesterday.

Seems pretty random to me.

Posted by: jdkentucky.2871

jdkentucky.2871

I normally get a rare a day but I only play a hour or so go figure got other games I play.. And the ones I was getting was not in a chest…

Posted by: Graill.8596

Graill.8596

There are several ways to get gold in this product.

1. RNG, these usually result in big payouts for those finding the “right” people to buy the high ticket item or group of items.

2. Be a Farmer/Grinder. Anet states their game does not have farming or grinding but it requires more farming and grinding than some of the older MMO’s, if you choose to spend hours and hours and hours farming or grinding you will make lots, read lots of gold. Warning, some of these folks are gold sellers that /farm/grind for a real world living, dont let this stigma become attached to you.

3. Play the market. This is something i do. I watch for the mistakes or low post bids and then purchase and sell at the proper time. Do not always list an item right away. Example, This Wintersday i purchased 55k (initial funding coming from some poor sap that posted a precursor for 12 gold a while ago) locked chests at 8 copper each, then, 12 hours before the official kickoff i sold them for 14 copper, the number sounds high but i made a nice little profit as they all sold out in 3 hours, something i was amazed and worried about. As you know the locked chest tanked that Wintersday because they did nothing to them and they dropped to 5 copper in about 4 hours. Seeing some folks listing thousands more i know they lost out. It takes timing and knowing what Anet is going to do and their track record, all make for decent investments.

4. Use the forums to try and manipulate the market. You can see this daily. I look for these posts and shut these people down almost at once. One example is the drop rate of some T-6 mats, person A buys x amount of material Y then posts on the forums that Anet has nerfed the drop or this happened or whatever so they can sell high when the foolish people following these false trader alerts flock to the market and buy up overpriced junk that drops just fine.

All kinds of ways to make gold, just find your niche.

There is no worse feeling than that during an argument, you realize you are wrong.

Posted by: Greenthumb Legacy.6549

Greenthumb Legacy.6549

The intent is to get folks buying gems with real money and converting to gold. Farming has been nerfed.

This is misleading, farming got nerfed because of exploits and bots, not because players were legitimately earning too much and Anet wanted to force them into their wallets.

There has to be check and balances or the economy will fail.

I wished you people with your tin foil hat theories would stop with this drivel.

Wait so they punish honest players just to get their point across? Awesome thats such a great position to take.

Except honest players aren’t being punished. There are so many ways to make gold it’s a complete joke.

Well in less than 30mins(1 omnom bar) I go from blues and maybe a green to only Trophies in Orr. I have 130% MF with OmnomBar. Without MF armor/Bar its worse. Feels like I’m being penalized for killing in one zone for <30mins.

Posted by: Czar Peter.7961

Czar Peter.7961

You can get 2G an hour running dungeons with MF and a good party. Don’t know what people are doing to get “6-7G” per hour like you say though.

Engineer – Thief – Warrior

Posted by: Dabrixmgp.4758

Dabrixmgp.4758

I am thinking they made a new drop adjustment or maybe its just me.. Has anyone noticed yellow Items are not dropping as much. As for the person that says they only need 50 silver that’s good for you but not all the players would agree. I merch all the drops for my gear and you will need good gear and foods if you plan on advancing to far or you will be a ko farm and paying for repairs 100s times a day.. The game is like most games of this type getting needy for cash.. This is not the only MMO I play and others are like me we have and are seeing the changes that are going on industry wide.
The game is like life adapt and change is everyday..

I heard they adopted Diablo 3’s loot system where you play for 50 hours a week and end up owing gold.

Posted by: Snowy.9580

Snowy.9580

Except honest players aren’t being punished. There are so many ways to make gold it’s a complete joke.

Can you report people for being blind fools?

We’ll stop to sleep when the game is the best possible game we think it can be.
We’ve been awake since March 2007! Please help!
“GW2 the game with more rolls than roles!”

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

I shouldn’t have to farm gold to buy mats for things I want to craft. I should be able to go out and farm the mats on my own with out being punished by DR and the terrible drop rates. I have been farming onyx loadstones for a month every time the rock eles are up in Orr and I have managed to get 3…. Something is very wrong with that.

To the OP run dungeons until you want to stab your eyes out that is the only way to make gold.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I am thinking they made a new drop adjustment or maybe its just me.. Has anyone noticed yellow Items are not dropping as much. As for the person that says they only need 50 silver that’s good for you but not all the players would agree. I merch all the drops for my gear and you will need good gear and foods if you plan on advancing to far or you will be a ko farm and paying for repairs 100s times a day.. The game is like most games of this type getting needy for cash.. This is not the only MMO I play and others are like me we have and are seeing the changes that are going on industry wide.

Read around. The issue has been widely documented since early November.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I heard they adopted Diablo 3’s loot system where you play for 50 hours a week and end up owing gold.

That’s been my experience for about a month now. Thus the reply to the OP.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

i made 18g today in 4 hours of play. none of it included ac exp, but if i managed to fit 2 of those runs in, i would be at 26g.

gold is readily available in many forms. most people happen to complain about any/every method as it’s not to their liking. well…it’s like real life, right? i can’t say i know more people who enjoy their jobs than people who don’t.

Posted by: Lutharr.1035

Lutharr.1035

i made 18g today in 4 hours of play. none of it included ac exp, but if i managed to fit 2 of those runs in, i would be at 26g.

gold is readily available in many forms. most people happen to complain about any/every method as it’s not to their liking. well…it’s like real life, right? i can’t say i know more people who enjoy their jobs than people who don’t.

difference is this is a game, not a job. game ya dont enjoy you quit. jobs you stick with since ya need to eat and pay ya bills. MASSIVE difference.

Go back to WoW. Most overused brainless arguement 2012-2013

Posted by: holska.4127

holska.4127

But when I find youtube guides for level 80 farming people are bragging about making 6-7 gold per hour. Is that even worth your time? Is that some kind of joke or do you just not need gold at all in this game?

So your just looking at the amount and then asking if it’s a joke compared to other games?
Not every game has the same level of inflation or worth of its currency. What’s a silver here worth in game and how much time you need to acquire it might be the same as gold or platinum in another game.
In WoW indeed you calculate with thousands of gold, and when I was still playing lotro there were not too many players with over 500G in total on their account and the rarest raid drop sold for around 350G, a few years before that 100G was already considered a huge amount of gold.

Posted by: jdkentucky.2871

jdkentucky.2871

All these games tend to be a full/part time job for many players.. I cant do that too many games and i have friends in all of them.. I give each of them a little grind time then its off to do real life stuff. All the MMO’s are so different in cash gathering . On one of them I cashed in most of my RS bank spaces to ready it for non subscriber bank and had 450 mil while on my wow account I had 100 gold GW2 I have upgraded my 80 to exotics and have about 10 gold leftover not much considering to what many others do a day. People want gold to buy better items and that last step of items are very costly and all MMO’s have those