How has the game gotten this broken

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: dpnz.4539

dpnz.4539

Have had a bit of a break from the game over the last month or so (just doing daily’s etc) and came back last night to play a bit, this was my experience last night

Played pvp. Played 7 unranked games and 5 of them were 4v5s because people keep getting disconnected or couldn’t join the game for some reason (joined half way through). had 1 good game and 1 bad game where a guy just akitten in base the whole match. rage quit pvp.

Went to wvw. trying to find an active map, got dced every 10mins and had big skill lag spikes. lots of weird bugs in wvw that other people have talked about from the patch. left wvw

Went to do some dungeons. Did SE p1 & 3, path 1 the npc bugged out at the start the first 2 times. did p3 worked fine then went back to p1 and it worked this time.

Went to eotm to do dailys (and just bored). keep getting this weird roll back thing where everyone would get kicked out of the map and all the stuff that got capped in the last 5mins would be neutral when we came back in. got sick of having to run back.

Played D3.

A lot of people in map chat were saying that the new patch was really buggy which might be most of the problem but if the game totally breaks every time there is a patch then why would we want to buy HoT, what’s guna happen when that comes out is the game even going to work? Seems like anet is going overtime into making new content (and changes for no reason that make the game worse) but the fact that all the existing stuff doesn’t really work or needs major work is the reason most wont play the game not because there is no new content.

Posted by: Exeon.4358

Exeon.4358

Some of the more recent patches have had a tendency to break stuff, like the april’s fool’s patch, this one broke some things again, but at least Anet usually gets most bugs fixed in 24 hours so it’s not that big of a deal.

I do think when HoT launces We’ll be seeing patches all the time for a couple of weeks, not only bug fixes but balancing and other things till everything is set right.
I also assume we won’t play the game much the first 24hours on HoT release due to bottlenecks happening with all the returning/new players.

But I have no doubt Anet will work around the clock fixing everything.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Because you came back on patch day and sometimes patches have unintended consequences.

Usually by the day after the patch everything is relatively stable again.

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

EOTM will always rollback. if everyone leaves the instance, it will close. When you logged back on, it likely put you in a new map.

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Patches break stuff. It happens in MMO’s. I remember when Anarchy Online used to have a week of patches fix after every major patch. Became a running joke after a while.

The thing to focus on is that Anet generally are extremely good at fixing major bugs introduced very quickly. 5 patches since Tuesday to fix gamebreaking issues, whilst trying to re-build LA and produce HoT. That’s not bad work imo.

Of course, I’m still disgruntled over the necro axe change, but that’s a different story