How is this considered a sale??

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Chaoz.7941

Chaoz.7941

“Check in every day for 21 days for big discounts” Ummm all they did was bring back weapons we ALL know they will bring back regardless of it being their anniversary for the exact same price??? Didn’t they give these weapons a discount before so why aren’t they at least discounted? Anet stop being so god kitten cheap. We have enough over price kitten in this store already.

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

Why would they discount a returning item that was previously unavailable to purchase in the store? Surely making the item available again would be considered a “sale” on its own?

I would only expect there to be discounts on items that are already currently available to purchase. This is how ArenaNet’s anniversary sales have worked in the past, and it is how they will work for the present and future.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Why would they discount a returning item that was previously unavailable to purchase in the store? Surely making the item available again would be considered a “sale” on its own?

I would only expect there to be discounts on items that are already currently available to purchase. This is how ArenaNet’s anniversary sales have worked in the past, and it is how they will work for the present and future.

Regardless. The phrase, “check in every day for big discounts” strongly suggests that there will be big discounts, every day. To open up the Anniversary sale with no discounts at all is making that phrase look like click bait.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

They’re likely calling the Jump/Bump packages “discounts” even though they debuted before today and have never cost more than they do at the present time.

However, saying “all they did” on the first day of 21 days is, at best, premature.

(sorry. Had to reference that line).

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Regardless. The phrase, “check in every day for big discounts” strongly suggests that there will be big discounts, every day. To open up the Anniversary sale with no discounts at all is making that phrase look like click bait.

Only if you choose to stop reading at the comma.

Check in every day for 21 days for

• big discounts (and/or)
  • returning old favorites (and/or)
  • exciting new items!

And since I believe this sale is additive and not one day only, by the time we get to the last day, all three of those categories will be well represented.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Posted by: Auroran Legacy.9452

Auroran Legacy.9452

Anet anniversary sale is implying a discount so for there not to be one….

Also those weapons were on an actual sale at an reduce priced before so shouldn’t you ask why anet why they reduced the price then when it was previously unavailable???

One more thing are those boosters at a reduced price? I can’t tell because 30g (20g if you bought gems with money) for 2 hour of a booster is um…. enough said. I never really looked at them before since I could tell that was just a bad deal from a glance.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

“Check in every day for 21 days for big discounts, returning old favorites, and exciting new items!”

That’s the sentence. I wouldn’t assume there’s a discount every day, though it can be taken that way. I’d say that some days you’ll get discounts, some you’ll get new items, some you’ll get old favorites.

It doesn’t mean everything that comes out it going to be all three.

Just a flesh wound.3589

• big discounts
  • returning old favorites
  • exciting new items!

And since I believe this sale is additive and not one day only, by the time we get to the last day, all three of those categories will be well represented.

Yeah. No doubt.

What I wouldn’t give though for a Guild Wars 1 style real anniversary rather than the “let’s sell you more stuff” anniversaries they have in this game. :/

/sigh.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Arietta The Broken.1875

Arietta The Broken.1875

• big discounts
  • exciting new items!

Yeah. No doubt.

What I wouldn’t give though for a Guild Wars 1 style real anniversary rather than the “let’s sell you more stuff” anniversaries they have in this game. :/

/sigh.

Unluckily for you and me. It seems the majority of the community on the forums/reddit (the vocal minority that is seemingly steering anets thoughts) is that:

Hey! We get to spend our money on the game? Great!
Skins anet discontinued? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!
Just spend $50/£35 on an xpac without a release date? NP I can spend more in the shop!

You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse.

Behellagh.1468

They should have a least thrown a bash under the Jellyfish in LA full of real good Food Boosts for free. Show up, snag a bite, run off to the portals.

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Obviously, they want you to log in every day to check for sales. Gotta fluff those numbers! My goodness. Are people unhappy with the game right now?

Imagine that.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

Just a flesh wound.3589

After all, why have this

The party is on for the anniversary of Guild Wars! Starting April 22nd at Noon Pacific (-7 GMT), we open Shing Jea Boardwalk, Dragon Arena, and the Rollerbeetle Races. In addition, Birthday Cupcakes and many other special items will drop all throughout this week long event.
PvE
The Shing Jea Boardwalk is open.
Complete cooperative missions to receive Proofs of Legend.
Ceira, Sworn to Fire offers to unlock the Hound of Balthazar.
A fifteen-minute fireworks display occurs at the beginning of every hour (UTC) in Great Temple of Balthazar, Lion’s Arch, Shing Jea Monastery and Kamadan, Jewel of Istan.
Kaineng Center and Shing Jea Monastery are decorated.
PvP
The Dragon Arena, and Rollerbeetle Racing are open.
The Pilgrimage to the Hall of Heroes quest can be acquired from Anzhaer, Hammer of Balthazar.

For more information, visit Anniversary Celebration

When you can have this

big discounts
returning old favorites
exciting new items!

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

my personal favorite is the black lion pack on sale from 2000 gems down to 1600 gems… at a reported 44% off discount……………… maths not they strong suit I guess

Posted by: Arietta The Broken.1875

Arietta The Broken.1875

The thing that shocks me the most is the communities acceptance of the lack of content/events/everything..

I used to stand by anet in all their decisions, i’d defend them to the hilt. But I just can’t do it anymore and can’t see how anyone can..

I get that gw2 is a totally different game from gw1 but does that mean we can’t have events?

f2p games like AionEU/Tera have events ALL THE TIME
Valentines day
Spring events
Easter
Summer
..random double exp. random double drop rate.. random special drop events..

The mobile phone game I am playing is getting skill balancing/new content/events every single week.. Every weekend there is something different to do..

Gw2.. for people that have played since launch and are above even 10k AP will be struggling with things to do by now. After LS2/Achievements we’ve had nothing to do except 1 jumping puzzle. I’d love to go back to standing by Anets descisions and playing the game I love. But at this rate, I’m going to move to another game.. and by the time I come back.. kitten price tag is going to seem way too high given that it might be followed by another 7 month content drought.

You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse.

Posted by: ham.8209

ham.8209

• big discounts
  • exciting new items!

Yeah. No doubt.

/sigh.

so very well said and so very true . and not only that but to have the drops like they used to have in gw1. now that would make this game the real bomb

Just a flesh wound.3589

• big discounts
  • exciting new items!

Yeah. No doubt.

/sigh.

so very well said and so very true . and not only that but to have the drops like they used to have in gw1. now that would make this game the real bomb

The birthday cupcakes. The victory tokens that dropped from mobs and you could use them to buy holiday items. The special events. The unique mini pet you could get each year during the New Years celebration that didn’t have soul crushing RNG attached. The decorated towns. Fireworks. And more. Much more.

ANet. ANet. How far you have fallen.

• big discounts
  • exciting new items!
ANet may give it to you.

Behellagh.1468

my personal favorite is the black lion pack on sale from 2000 gems down to 1600 gems… at a reported 44% off discount……………… maths not they strong suit I guess

Nope, that was 2880 down to 1600 so it was 44%. Since the before price has a strike though, the 8s looked very much like a 0. But you see the 8 is narrower than the 0.

Attachments:

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

Nope, that was 2880 down to 1600 so it was 44%. Since the before price has a strike though, the 8s looked very much like a 0. But you see the 8 is narrower than the 0.

hah! all this time hehehe touché! my bad then, it always looked like 2000 gems on my screen… was always like “wtf… its been a year and they still haven’t fixed that?” lol man I feel silly!

Behellagh.1468

hah! all this time hehehe touché! my bad then, it always looked like 2000 gems on my screen… was always like “wtf… its been a year and they still haven’t fixed that?” lol man I feel silly!

Plus the wiki states the “normal” price is 2,880 but your first one is only 1,600.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Black_Lion_Introductory_Package

RIP City of Heroes

ham.8209

• big discounts
  • exciting new items!

Yeah. No doubt.

/sigh.

The birthday cupcakes. The victory tokens that dropped from mobs and you could use them to buy holiday items. The special events. The unique mini pet you could get each year during the New Years celebration that didn’t have soul crushing RNG attached. The decorated towns. Fireworks. And more. Much more.

ANet. ANet. How far you have fallen.

• big discounts
  • exciting new items!

flesh so very well said and so true and the things you got from them was the best . The unique mini pet you could get each year during the New Years celebration was the best as well as the fire works with the towns nicely decorated and with out all that soul crushing RNG attached. at all sigh yes

ANet. ANet. How far you have fallen. so badly so far down the pipes sigh

far as the sales stuff goes iam just going to hold my gold for crafting and some for hot if i like it :P

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

After all, why have this

The party is on for the anniversary of Guild Wars! Starting April 22nd at Noon Pacific (-7 GMT), we open Shing Jea Boardwalk, Dragon Arena, and the Rollerbeetle Races. In addition, Birthday Cupcakes and many other special items will drop all throughout this week long event.
PvE
A fifteen-minute fireworks display occurs at the beginning of every hour (UTC) in Great Temple of Balthazar, Lion’s Arch, Shing Jea Monastery and Kamadan, Jewel of Istan.
PvP
The Pilgrimage to the Hall of Heroes quest can be acquired from Anzhaer, Hammer of Balthazar.

When you can have this

big discounts
returning old favorites
exciting new items!

Yep that’s where I’ll be all weekend. Grab my log in reward, and bounce to the party in GW for wayfarers revive.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Vayne.8563

Obviously, they want you to long in every day to check for sales. Gotta fluff those numbers! My goodness. Are people unhappy with the game right now?

Imagine that.

Except that they did the same thing last year, when people weren’t unhappy with the game. /conspiracy theory

Behellagh.1468

But to be fair Vayne we had the 4th chapter of LW 2 as distraction.

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

LOL, I didn’t even notice that; I just thought Anet couldn’t do math. Ah, but it certainly isn’t worth that huge amount of gems though.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Vayne.8563

But to be fair Vayne we had the 4th chapter of LW 2 as distraction.

You’ve proved my point. Absolutely proved it.,

Someone in this thread made the comment that Anet is having this anniversary sale because they want to draw people back in because people aren’t playing.

I commented that even when people were playing, they STILL had the anniversary sale, so assuming that’s the reason they’re having it is illogical and unprovable. You saying that there was new content a year ago, means that people were playing…but they still had an anniversary sale.

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

LOL, I didn’t even notice that; I just thought Anet couldn’t do math. Ah, but it certainly isn’t worth that huge amount of gems though.

At the release of drytop there was a zephyrite… something or other pack, which included 15 (or maybe just 10) BLKs for less than the price of that many keys on their own.
That one i actually bought.

Just a flesh wound.3589

After all, why have this

PvE
PvP

When you can have this

big discounts
returning old favorites
exciting new items!

Yep that’s where I’ll be all weekend. Grab my log in reward, and bounce to the party in GW for wayfarers revive.

You know what. That’s even more sad. They have an event in Guild Wars 1 for the release date of Guild Wars 2 but they don’t have anything in this game.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Wayfarer%27s_Reverie
" Wayfarer’s Reverie is a special event that occurs annually from August 25, 19:00, to September 1, 19:00 UTC (source), coinciding with the Guild Wars 2 original release date on August 28. It is comprised of four quests which take players throughout memorable locations related to the main plots of the Guild Wars campaigns and expansion. PvE foes drop Wayfarer’s Marks during this event, which can be traded to Reverie Prize Distributors."

I don’t even know what to say about this. Guild Wars 1 gets events and prizes. We get to buy stuff.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I will not complain there being ‘nothing’ until after Tuesday.

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I can understand if all hands are on deck to finish HoT, so this doesn’t bother me this year.

Ardenwolfe.8590

Why would ANet string along a sale for over near-month period? And release new items or rare re-released items over that time? Could it be to draw people into logging and buying those items? Draw some of those players back? Anyone who thinks the population is as healthy as it was last year is just not paying attention.

I’m no Sherlock Holmes, but in the real world we call that common sense and observation. Don’t know why that’s suddenly a ‘conspiracy’ theory, but far be it from me to tell anyone to otherwise.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

Why would ANet string along a sale for over near-month period? And release new items or rare released items over that time? Could it be to draw people into logging and buying those items?

I’m not Sherlock Holmes, but in the real world we call that common sense. Don’t know why that’s suddenly a ‘conspiracy’ theory, but far be it from me to tell anyone to otherwise.

Probably because it has happened every year so far, with or without content drought, so yeah… The reason why people called your last post a “conspiracy theory” was because you implied that they did this sale just because there’s nothing to do, which is false, since they do this sale every year, even when there is new content jsut released (ex lv s2 chapter)

And yes, sales usually are intended to sell stuff.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I don’t even know what to say about this. Guild Wars 1 gets events and prizes. We get to buy stuff.

It is of course worth pointing out that it is an old event that they just put back on every year, and it contain very little actual content. It is mainly just: Go visit all these old places in the game and get some stuff for it.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Ardenwolfe.8590

Probably because it has happened every year so far, with or without content drought, so yeah… The reason why people called your last post a “conspiracy theory” was because you implied that they did this sale just because there’s nothing to do, which is false, since they do this sale every year, even when there is new content jsut released (ex lv s2 chapter)

Let me ask you this. Reread this thread, with all its negative responses. Then read all the threads on the forum begging ANet to add some kind of event, or to redo or repost prior events, and tell the community again that they have plenty to do.

I’m not implying anything. I’m telling you there is nothing to do. And a glorified sale is not an event. It’s a poor man’s attempt to get some of those players to come back and buy items they otherwise missed. And this will no doubt include new items like minis.

If that’s a conspiracy, well pass out the tin foil hats, friends, the show’s just starting.

Gone to Reddit.

Just a flesh wound.3589

It is of course worth pointing out that it is an old event that they just put back on every year, and it contain very little actual content. It is mainly just: Go visit all these old places in the game and get some stuff for it.

It’s also worth pointing out that
1) it’s events to commemorate the launch of Guild Wars 2 (something we don’t have)
2) it’s an annual holiday event for this (something we don’t have)
3) it has mobs dropping tokens to buy event rewards (something we don’t have)
4) it’s in a game that the devs have essentially abandoned yet they were able to set up this holiday and it’s rewards to celebrate a completely different game, Guild Wars 2. It’s not even in the game that the event is celebrating.

I can tell you however one thing that Guild Wars 2 has that Guild Wars 1 does not. The option to buy stuff (and only buy stuff) on what should be a major festival in game.

Well, color me excited and impressed. /s

ANet may give it to you.

dsslive.8473

Let me ask you this. Reread this thread, with all its negative responses. Then read all the threads on the forum begging ANet to add some kind of event, or to redo or repost prior events, and tell the community again that they have plenty to do.

I’m not implying anything. I’m telling you there is nothing to do. And a glorified sale is not an event. It’s a poor man’s attempt to get some of those players to come back and buy items they otherwise missed. And this will no doubt include new items like minis.

If that’s a conspiracy, well pass out the tin foil hats, friends, the show’s just starting.

Let me ask you this, reread my post and tell me where i said there is anything to do?

I’m not talking about people wanting events, i’m not talking about what there is and isn’t to do. What i AM talking about is the fact that this sale happenbs every year, whether there is content to complete or not.

You are implying that because there is nothing to do, they are having this sale to keep people logging in, which is false since this sale happens every year regardless of whether there is content for people to complete. AGAING, no where do i say there is anything to do ingame right now.

It’s said to be a conspiracy by other posters (note: i was jsut explaining why they said so since you asked) because you’re saying this sale ONLY exists to keep people logging in due to the content drought, which is proven false since this sale happens every year, even when there are content releases at that time (ex the living story chapter that released last year during that time)

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

It’s the first day of three weeks. Is it so hard to believe that there might be more exciting things ahead?

Ardenwolfe.8590

The reason why people called your last post a “conspiracy theory” was because you implied that they did this sale just because there’s nothing to do, which is false, since they do this sale every year, even when there is new content jsut released (ex lv s2 chapter)

If that was not your intent, you need to structure your sentences better. The nearest modifier, ‘which is false’, modifies the clause before it. That’s English 101.

And your argument is illogical. This is like saying so what if the stores have Christmas sales again? That happens every year. They’re not trying to draw a crowd of people to the mall. People who otherwise wouldn’t come around for sales. Oh no. We’re just having a Christmas sale every year because . . . well because it’s tradition. We do it every year!

It’s not like they’re trying to draw more people back with the sales. Heck no. We’re doing it for the pretty lights.

I hope you realize how ridiculous this argument sounds.

Gone to Reddit.

dsslive.8473

The reason why people called your last post a “conspiracy theory” was because you implied that they did this sale just because there’s nothing to do, which is false, since they do this sale every year, even when there is new content jsut released (ex lv s2 chapter)

If that was not your intent, you need to structure your sentences better. The nearest modifier, ‘which is false’, modifies the clause before it. That’s English 101.

Well excuse me for not having english as my first language

The “which is false” is about the implication you made that the sale only exists because there is nothing to do. When the sale is instead a yearly event regardless of content released. The part that comes after it, makes that pretty clear.

And your argument is illogical. This is like saying so what if the stores have Christmas sales again? That happens every year. They’re not trying to draw a crowd of people to the mall. People who otherwise wouldn’t come around for sales. Oh no. We’re just having a Christmas sale every year because . . . well because it’s tradition. We do it every year!

It’s not like they’re trying to draw more people back with the sales. Heck no. We’re doing it for the pretty lights.

I hope you realize how ridiculous this argument sounds.

And did you not at all read the very last sentence in that post? Ofcourse a sale is to actually pull in people to SELL things, i say it right there.

The difference is , you implied it to be BECAUSE of the content drought, not because it’s a yearly thing. Which is quite a difference. You are saying that if there was content we wouldn’t have a sale (which was alrdy proved to be false) and is quite different than just being obvious over the intent of a sale.

Yes, they are trying to sell things by doing a sale but it’s not because of a content drought as you suggested. (i think i’ve repeated myself enough for now)

(edited by dsslive.8473)

lordkrall.7241

1) it’s events to commemorate the launch of Guild Wars 2 (something we don’t have)
4) it’s in a game that the devs have essentially abandoned yet they were able to set up this holiday and it’s rewards to celebrate a completely different game, Guild Wars 2. It’s not even in the game that the event is celebrating.

I can tell you however one thing that Guild Wars 2 has that Guild Wars 1 does not. The option to buy stuff (and only buy stuff) on what should be a major festival in game.

3: Mob drops that are not specific for this event, but rather just a collection of drops from already existing events.
4: A holiday that contains very few new things. And thus wouldn’t really require much work at all.

It is of course also worth pointing out that it is almost a week until the actual anniversary and there is one regular patch-day before that and another potential one just a few days after.

We also know that there will be multiple announcements during the weekend of the Anniversary. Sure, they will most likely not be playable at that time, but it is still something.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Ardenwolfe.8590

I’ve answered your question. I pointed out how your sentence structure implies the opposite of what you intended. And I even gave you an example of why your argument makes no sense . . . at all.

Don’t know how much clearer I could be, but I see the wheels on this bus aren’t going to stop anytime soon so I’m hopping off. But for the sake of my own curiosity:

Obviously, they want you to long in every day to check for sales. Gotta fluff those numbers! My goodness. Are people unhappy with the game right now?

Imagine that.

Show me where I implied the sale is happening because of the content drought.

Gone to Reddit.

dsslive.8473

I’ve answered your question. I pointed out how your sentence structure implies the opposite of what you intended. And I even gave you an example of why your argument makes no sense . . . at all.

Don’t know how much clearer I could be, but I see the wheels on this bus aren’t going to stop anytime soon so I’m hopping off. But for the sake of my own curiosity:

Imagine that.

Show me where I implied the sale is happening because of the content drought.

I must have gotten the content drought from some other thread or post on this topic, but i think the “Are people unhappy with the game right now?” still implies that the sale isn’t a yearly thing regardless of whether people ahve things to do or not.

So ye, i’m msitaken on the specific’s (content drought) for which i apologize, but the implication is still there that it’s because of how the game is now, disregarding that it’s a yearly event.

Also, my argument did make sense if you didn’t shift the focus from the argument “why the sale is happening” (because apparantly people are unhappy now?) to “what’s the intention of the sale” which was never in doubt, at all.

but anyhow, consider the bus stopped.

Happy anniversary

Just a flesh wound.3589

3: Mob drops that are not specific for this event, but rather just a collection of drops from already existing events.
4: A holiday that contains very few new things. And thus wouldn’t really require much work at all.

It is of course also worth pointing out that it is almost a week until the actual anniversary and there is one regular patch-day before that and another potential one just a few days after.

We also know that there will be multiple announcements during the weekend of the Anniversary. Sure, they will most likely not be playable at that time, but it is still something.

You are completely missing the whole point of the argument. It’s like trying to point out a forest to someone and all he can see is the trees in front of him.

It’s not important that that event is small and the drops generic. What is important that Guild Wars 1 has a holiday and events and fun drops and special PvP and fireworks and decorated towns to celebrate the anniversary of Guild Wars 1 and all we get is stuff to buy for our anniversary.

I don’t share your optimism at all. There was no holiday for the first anniversary. There was no holiday for the second anniversary. The odds of having a holiday made up brand new, when they are so busy working on the expansion they haven’t hardly given us any new content since January is vanishly small.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Considering the number of these threads that are popping up, I just have to ask…. wtf happened to “reading comprehension”? Just ugh. Schools everywhere are obviously failing.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

ham.8209

10+ for truth and right on point as well as i agree with you fully GW2 has got noting sadly to say like GW1 does . you would have thought they would have held to the core of GW1 for GW2 more then they did . and buying stuff is not that fun at all . i will take the drops any old day of the week !!!:)

ham.8209

You are completely missing the whole point of the argument. It’s like trying to point out a forest to someone and all he can see is the trees in front of him.

It’s not important that that event is small and the drops generic. What is important that Guild Wars 1 has a holiday and events and fun drops and special PvP and fireworks and decorated towns to celebrate the anniversary of Guild Wars 1 and all we get is stuff to buy for our anniversary.

I don’t share your optimism at all. There was no holiday for the first anniversary. There was no holiday for the second anniversary. The odds of having a holiday made up brand new, when they are so busy working on the expansion they haven’t hardly given us any new content since January is vanishly small.

40+ very well said oh what i would only give to have events like we did in GW1 . and even tho we try hard to point out the forest to someone and all he can see is the trees in front of him. tells me they should maybe get GW1 and just see what real mmo is like and see how much more fun it is . but that is like asking for Dawn to be given to every player for free . and we both know that ant going to happen sadly to say

ham.8209

Considering the number of these threads that are popping up, I just have to ask…. wtf happened to “reading comprehension”? Just ugh. Schools everywhere are obviously failing.

Considering the number of thos who can not get the idea or concept of these said posts . should maybe stop complaining and crying about them . and get gw1 and see what fun you are missing. but we already know that answer to that question . so maybe you should get GW1 and see what a real mmo is like what guild wars is all really about .

BrotherBelial.3094

Isn’t that what all yearly events are? I really don’t see the point you are trying to make.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

lordkrall.7241

Isn’t that what all yearly events are? I really don’t see the point you are trying to make.

The difference is that it wasn’t really new event from the start.
Sure there were a couple of new rewards (from already existing models), but the only actual thing to do was a quest that was visiting places that had been in the game for years.

Let’s say they did the same here: “Visit each of the racial capitals, the place of Zhaitan’s defeat and [insert x amount of other important locations here]”, would people really accept that as a Anniversary Event or would they just whine about ArenaNet being lazy?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Just a flesh wound.3589

Sure there were a couple of new rewards (from already existing models), but the only actual thing to do was a quest that was visiting places that had been in the game for years.

Let’s say they did the same here: “Visit each of the racial capitals, the place of Zhaitan’s defeat and [insert x amount of other important locations here]”, would people really accept that as a Anniversary Event or would they just whine about ArenaNet being lazy?

Forest. Trees.

To repeat what I said above.

ANet may give it to you.

BrotherBelial.3094

I’d do it, and be grateful that we have something to do, no matter how small, while we wait for HoT, also they added a summon ally that looks like Rytlock as a reward from it, but yes most are recycled, but then the Rytlock was added last year.