How long do you see yourself playing GW2?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Deepcuts.9740

Deepcuts.9740

Hello there fellow Guild Wars players.

I would like to start by saying I am not anymore an avid MMORPG player as I used to be, so I might have a “weird” approach on how a MMORPG should be.

In the past, not so long ago, I have played a Sci-Fi MMORPG for almost 5 years.
It had a subscription but I still played it. It had many problems, as all games do, but I played it for 5 years.
Would still play it, but it seems the developers give no kitty cat about it.

So, one of the questions comes:
How long do you see yourself playing Guild Wars 2?

I am looking forward for a title that can hold itself together for a long time.
I hope Guild Wars 2 can be that title.

Please do not take temporarily problems into consideration. Most will smooth out.

Also, do you think better and faster rewards are welcome?
I do not think better and faster rewards help with longevity of a game, specially a MMORPG game.
Why?
I think if you get all the best gear, all the money you need and all dungeons and events done FAST, you will loose interest in the same way; FAST.
I know getting rewarded for your efforts is nice and makes you feel good about your 30 minutes run into a dungeon, but does it really help in the long run?

I remember in the title I mentioned earlier, we did raids 2-3 times a week for the “world boss”.
We all knew chances for success are slim and chances for good gear even less slim, but we still did it because of the fun it was raiding with almost one hundred players at a time.
And even if good loot dropped, we knew we had to do a lot more runs, during many months for a chance to actually GET the loot for ourselves.
And we DIDN’T mind.

Now I see most players want instant rewards, fast leveling and fast coins.
I see this as a deal breaker, as all those who get their wish will soon get bored to death.
I mean, once you have everything you need, what is the thing that will still drive you to play?

I also see players that complain about how hard some instances/dungeons are.
I also felt a bit, well sorry about myself when I saw the dungeon changes, but when I think of it a bit, I realize that: WAIT! The darn game has been out not even one month and I want to play and succeed in some of the hardest areas of the world?
It does not seem right for me.
If developers allow everyone to complete everything in just one month, I really do NOT see a bright future for ANY game.
I bought the game to have fun and not to finish it in one month for…bragging rights.

In the end of course, I would like to be able to finish high end scary dungeons with decent ease, but most certainly NOT in one month after the game has been released.

What is your approach on this?

Posted by: Takoyaki.2148

Takoyaki.2148

Until Final Fantasy XIV 2.0 launches, at least for me.

I am now slowly finding all the jumping puzzles to clear…

Posted by: Zora.8437

Zora.8437

Probably forever until they take the servers down or create GW3 because its free….I will atleast always log in to see content and am currently having a blast (i will try FFXIV 2.0 also but i doubt itll be good i trusted them once they are just not worthy anymore)

Fan with a plan,
Zora

Takoyaki.2148

1 of the main reasons for me to leave will be the WvWvW server queues.

I have my friends all in the same server, guild as well, why is ArenaNet recommending me to change servers? Weird proposition.

Posted by: sixfeetunder.6508

sixfeetunder.6508

couple more weeks…my warrior is 60 now..once i hit 80 ill see what gamers are complaining about and agree as im allready seeing boring stuff at my current lvl..and has been boring since lvl 40.

All the quests are the same thing. Same thing different zone. Devs got real lazy on the leveling aspect of gaming imo. Now if killing monsters yeilded decent xp then it would be different seeing how main xp comes from completing events in such. Heck crafting nonsense gives more xp then killing mobs.

Sure i havent pvp’d yet but for the way pve is going..pvp isnt going to help at all. Thats my opinion.

Posted by: TwistedWarrior.8613

TwistedWarrior.8613

I’m done. The buff to dungeon npc’s was too much for me. I just tried to go through CM with 4 completely different PuG’s and failed every time. It’s always the same, we get to second boss kill him then get zerged by trash and repeatedly pummeled about 3-4 times in a row. Then i quit because at that point I pretty much know how it’s going to be the rest of the way. Repairs are also a pain.

In my opinion the dungeons where already a bit of a mess but they were still doable with a PuG.

Deepcuts.9740

Anyone read my post?

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

I’m done. The buff to dungeon npc’s was too much for me. I just tried to go through CM with 4 completely different PuG’s and failed every time. It’s always the same, we get to second boss kill him then get zerged by trash and repeatedly pummeled about 3-4 times in a row. Then i quit because at that point I pretty much know how it’s going to be the rest of the way. Repairs are also a pain.

In my opinion the dungeons where already a bit of a mess but they were still doable with a PuG.

EXPLORABLE DUNGEONS ARE END-GAME CONTENT. it’s supposed to be challenging. very challenging. what are you complaining about?

anyway, i see myself playing gw2 for years to come….my main is in mid-30’s, ive got 2 alts, and im rank 13 in spvp. ive done a bit of WvW as well. i feel like ive barely scratched the game. i can see dynamic content in future content updates and xpacs being amazing, and as long as they keep coming up with new content, i’ll be playing it! enjoying my guardian, mesmer, and engie currently. having tried all profs, i gotta say i like them all.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

nerva.7940

Sure i havent pvp’d yet but for the way pve is going..pvp isnt going to help at all. Thats my opinion.

you’re not exploring the world. if u were, you’d see the amazing amount of detail they put into the PVE. im actually blown away by the quest variety. i guess you have to have a certain kind of mentality to enjoy gw2 long term, i.e. be immersed in the world. or you have to love its pvp, like myself for example. it just may not be the game for u.

this may not apply to you, but people who have voraciously devoured 300+ hours of content, and are not enjoying the “endgame”, should probably…leave…instead of plaguing these boards with drivel relating to self-entitlement, instant gratification, lackluster rewards, etc. it’s a fresh MMO, end game will be sketchy because it would naturally be undergoing tons of tweaks. you should be ecstatic to have gotten so much endgame from such an ambitious game. not to mention all the amazing pvp =S

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian

(edited by nerva.7940)

Posted by: DirtyHoudini.2917

DirtyHoudini.2917

1. There is no raiding in this game.

The reason raids took so long in other games was because you had to have good enough gear to even qualify. Gear takes not long at all to get in this game and all exotic is the same..
So what is your point? You say that you had the most fun in 100 man raids, with slim chance to get the good items..and then you say people are complaining that they can’t do the dungeons yet..All in all you’re making a comparison to the dungeons of this game to the raids/dungeons of others which is inaccurate.

How long do I see myself playing? Depends on how long it will take them to actually meet their goals; this game was undoubtedly released early, pushed out because time frames were met. Their plan is to just keep patching and updating to get it to it’s standard that it was suppose to be at launch.

Posted by: Zora.8437

Zora.8437

Sorry it was TLDR went by the topic bro….make it shorter next time still is TLDR

Fan with a plan,
Zora

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

I read your post.

I see myself playing GW2 for a long time because I am working toward getting a legendary weapon. In a lot of ways I can feel the GW1ness in the endgame of GW2, and GW1 lasted me from release until GW2. Off and on of course.

When it comes to dungeons, I do agree with them making changes right now. While I am more motivated than my friends to do dungeons, I would have to agree with their reasons for being reluctant to start one. Right now most of them have two modes: boring or nerve-wracking.

To do them all once would be one thing. Unfortunately, the rewards for story mode are very lacking.

However, I am enjoying the rest of the game. The Mystic Forge itself is a great addition that contributes to longevity.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Posted by: Rock.7324

Rock.7324

For months probably. Possibly even years.

Unlike WoW which I felt I have an obligation to play a certain amount of time monthly to not feel like I threw away the money, GW2 I can play slowly and even skip a few weeks and then come back (if I’m “tired” of the game).

* ’Ko leži ne beži! *
Rockbaby – Asura Guardian, Desolation EU :)
Rockavenger – Dwarf Paladin, Bronzebeard EU :D

Posted by: Daour.1437

Daour.1437

Leaving soon, I don’t like the way the game is going now, it was fun from 1-80 now its very bad, the last update made it worse, I like to get back from work and play, or play at midnight, so PUG is the only choice for me, now they totally ruined that.

FFXIV was a grind, WoW was a grind but still you have fun in doing them, in GW2 it’s not.

Posted by: Pony.3256

Pony.3256

I honestly did read your whole post, but my friends have already uninstalled the game after yesterday’s update and are already back on another game.
Look I really don’t care if people disagree, but this company doesn’t seem to care about it’s customers.
In EVERY single MMORPG that I have played (which is many), the dungeons have always had a decent reward.
Now I’m not saying I want my end gear within 2 days.
The fact that you go into a dungeon and spend around 2-7 silver on repairs and only get 80copper-1 silver as an end reward is just plain absurd.
I have NEVER seen this in a game.
Dungeons that make you lose money. Wth?

Then a dev responds by saying “changes were made, end of story.”
Of course everyone went mad when they saw that response.
What company doesn’t listen to it’s players opinions?
This is the first time I’ve seen this and with the current state of the game and seeing how many people are already upset, it’ll only be a few more days until i too join my friends.

Posted by: SarahTV.6470

SarahTV.6470

I’ll be playing till a) I finish every starting Race Staring Quests (that’s 15 characters, at least), playing through each of their Order Recruiting Segments, and doing things that I would do in other MMO’s. I’ve got patients and I’m willing to suffer my lack of wvw guild.

OR

b) NCSoft puts some ridiculous login scheme like they did with GW1, which made me just give up playing the game in frustration.

nerva.7940

I honestly did read your whole post, but my friends have already uninstalled the game after yesterday’s update and are already back on another game. Look I really don’t care if people disagree, but this company doesn’t seem to care about it’s customers.

i dont think they care for powergamers/raiders who devour content and expect to grind for purplez at endgame (even though they gave it to ya anyway). im glad they dont care for those customers because the game wasnt exactly made for such peeps. sorry. hope you and your friends enjoy the pandas. just another 6 days!

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian

Posted by: Gareth Porlest.7209

Gareth Porlest.7209

I’ll probably be logging on to it for a year or more. But actively playing it? 2-3 months. There’s just not enough fun to be had after you get to a certain point. Guild Wars lasted me 2-3 years (with a few breaks) on the actively playing scale. Few games do that, I don’t feel like GW 2 is going to do that. I enjoy the game but I don’t know if I’ll be able to enjoy it more than once over with the way that things are right now.

Posted by: Holesale.2640

Holesale.2640

Sorry to see so many people wanting to leave already, but in the long run this will help with the gold inflation problem and WvWvW ques.

Have fun in your game of choice people.

Posted by: melkathi.5203

melkathi.5203

Casual gamer, so probably stick with this for quite a while.
I am not as rich in-game as you are and, having played SWTOR at launch and before that CO, two gams were you could really get rich fast, I feel constantly broke in GW2.

Pony.3256

I honestly did read your whole post, but my friends have already uninstalled the game after yesterday’s update and are already back on another game. Look I really don’t care if people disagree, but this company doesn’t seem to care about it’s customers.

i dont think they care for powergamers/raiders who devour content and expect to grind for purplez at endgame (even though they gave it to ya anyway). im glad they dont care for those customers because the game wasnt exactly made for such peeps. sorry. hope you and your friends enjoy the pandas. just another 6 days!

First of all, don’t assume things.
I like how everyone just gets this idea in their head that WoW is the only game out there.
I honestly hate WoW and have never even played it.
The characters look awful and it looks dull to me.
Second of all, I run dungeons with my friends to have a good laugh.
When we have major fails we can laugh for hours and I always have a good time.
I’m a casual player, but when I do run a dungeon, I expect to have a decent reward.
The dungeons in this game are pointless.

Also, even if I were a raider, you best bet that I’d expect the company to care.
I bought the game and I expect ANet to care for it’s customers.
Common sense.

Posted by: Hieronumous.3541

Hieronumous.3541

I dunno. ANet’s done fine by me, Pony. And that’s REALLY the only person that matters, in my world.

Rock.7324

Just want to comment on this…

Do tell me one that does. Seriously, just one. Say Blizzard and I’ll do everything in my power to make a program that will make me able to slap you through these monitors. No matter how many years it will take me to achieve that, but so help me god I will achieve it and kittenslap you.

Anyways… let’s think this through for a second…

With 2 million players in this game, and each and every one of them having a different opinion of what the game should be like, how do you think ANet should make this happen?

Basically, they have to make a stand somewhere (draw the line as ppl say). Some things they can “fix” so you might like it, but how many people will there be that won’t like it? Did you ever consider that?

With that out of the way tho, I do agree with you about this particular “problem”. You do have to understand that this is still a work in progress.

* ’Ko leži ne beži! *

Posted by: TwistedWarrior.8613

TwistedWarrior.8613

EXPLORABLE DUNGEONS ARE END-GAME CONTENT. it’s supposed to be challenging. very challenging. what are you complaining about?

anyway, i see myself playing gw2 for years to come….my main is in mid-30’s, ive got 2 alts, and im rank 13 in spvp. ive done a bit of WvW as well. i feel like ive barely scratched the game. i can see dynamic content in future content updates and xpacs being amazing, and as long as they keep coming up with new content, i’ll be playing it! enjoying my guardian, mesmer, and engie currently. having tried all profs, i gotta say i like them all.

I wasn’t talking about explorable dungeons you twit. I’m doing story dungeons – understand? fyi, I wouldn’t do explorable dungeons with a PuG thats just silly.

Also, I personally try not to get too excited about a game because from experience, I’ve found that it can lead to disappointment further down the road.

(edited by TwistedWarrior.8613)

Posted by: Razorface.2714

Razorface.2714

I began this thinking I would play this game until they shut the servers down, but they seem to be doing a quite efficient job of ruining my gaming experience. I want to play for hours on end, and they are ruining that by limiting what i can do.

I amkitten off man for real, who the heck do they think they are putting limits on me?!

If they do not lift the limits on items i can while i grind(for any amount of time i choose) I will leave this game and go back to where I came from. You try to tell ME how to play? Yeah you can stuff that where the sun doesn’t shine. I don’t even care what the reason is. Bots or not, I don’t care, I am a full grown adult and I will NOT be told what or how I am to play my games.

This is a message to you ANet, You don’t revert that RIGHT NOW, I am out of here and I will take everyone I turned onto this game(they feel the same way) with me, and I will not be spreading the good word, I will spread a bad word instead.

Fix that or ELSE.

Hieronumous.3541

I began this thinking I would play this game until they shut the servers down, but they seem to be doing a quite efficient job of ruining my gaming experience. I want to play for hours on end, and they are ruining that by limiting what i can do.

I amkitten off man for real, who the heck do they think they are putting limits on me?!

If they do not lift the limits on items i can while i grind(for any amount of time i choose) I will leave this game and go back to where I came from. You try to tell ME how to play? Yeah you can stuff that where the sun doesn’t shine. I don’t even care what the reason is. Bots or not, I don’t care, I am a full grown adult and I will NOT be told what or how I am to play my games.

This is a message to you ANet, You don’t revert that RIGHT NOW, I am out of here and I will take everyone I turned onto this game(they feel the same way) with me, and I will not be spreading the good word, I will spread a bad word instead.

Fix that or ELSE.

Watch out, we got a bada@@ over here.

Pony.3256

Do tell me one that does. Seriously, just one. Say Blizzard and I’ll do everything in my power to make a program that will make me able to slap you through these monitors. No matter how many years it will take me to achieve that, but so help me god I will achieve it and kittenslap you.

With 2 million players in this game, and each and every one of them having a different opinion of what the game should be like, how do you think ANet should make this happen?

Basically, they have to make a stand somewhere (draw the line as ppl say). Some things they can “fix” so you might like it, but how many people will there be that won’t like it? Did you ever consider that?

With that out of the way tho, I do agree with you about this particular “problem”. You do have to understand that this is still a work in progress.

You want one?
En Masse. The company behind TERA.
They have live support and support via telephone.
Live support is available 24/7.
If something is bugged, they’ll restart the server with a 1hr notice.
All you have to do is let them know.
If people feel a class is too unbalanced, make a post on the forum and what do you know?
Next patch they added new things to a class.
Granted their playerbase is in no way as huge as GW2’s, but they knew how to respond and they still keep their players happy.

Razorface.2714

Do not mock me, I just tell it how it is, they need to revert it or i am going to leave and take people with me, and smear this game at every oportunity i got. That isn’t kitten, that is business. REALITY

Hieronumous.3541

Do not mock me, I just tell it how it is, they need to revert it or i am going to leave and take people with me, and smear this game at every oportunity i got. That isn’t kitten, that is business. REALITY

Trust me, I don’t NEED to mock you.
For every 4 people you take out, I can bring in 8. And as for smearing the game… So? Lots of people do that already; anyone who can’t think for themselves is probably not someone I really want to game with anyways.

Hieronumous.3541

You want one?
If people feel a class is too unbalanced, make a post on the forum and what do you know?
Granted their playerbase is in no way as huge as GW2’s, but they knew how to respond and they still keep their players happy.

Not really my experience at all. But that’s fine, Tera wasn’t really my kind of game.

Rock.7324

See that’s the main problem.

Imagine if ANet listened to everyone (myself included)… just go check some profession forums. In the same time there are profs that are, according to our fellow players, UP and OP… sometimes even both. So, let’s nerf guardian, but let’s buff guardian, and let’s not make and changes because guardians are ok…

Do you see where I’m going with this? There HAS to be a line somewhere. What you and I can do is either adapt, or leave. (Or hope for changes)

* ’Ko leži ne beži! *

Hieronumous.3541

Imagine if ANet listened to everyone (myself included)… just go check some profession forums. In the same time there are profs that are, according to our fellow players, UP and OP… sometimes even both. So, let’s nerf guardian, but let’s buff guardian, and let’s not make and changes because guardians are ok…

Do you see where I’m going with this? There HAS to be a line somewhere. What you and I can do is either adapt, or leave. (Or hope for changes)

Hooray for sanity.

Takoyaki.2148

You want one?

Game still did not work out though…

Razorface.2714

For every 4 people you take out, I can bring in 8. And as for smearing the game… So? Lots of people do that already; anyone who can’t think for themselves is probably not someone I really want to game with anyways.

This ain’t no competition fool. I don;t care what the heck YOU do, I was telling what I AM GOING TO DO. This ain’t no competition. And yes you were, by definition, wether you knew it or not. mocking me

Razorface.2714

This ain’t no competition fool. I don;t care what the heck YOU do, I was telling what I AM GOING TO DO. This ain’t no competition. And yes you were, by definition, wether you knew it or not. mocking me

Hieronumous.3541

Actually, what what that statement meant was, I have no need to mock you, because you do it yourself.

What you do is, for all intents and purposes, your own business. The minute you post it on a public forum, I have every right to look at it and say, ‘Well, that’s childish and stupid’ and laugh.

Pony.3256

Hooray for sanity.

Fine.
I won’t argue ‘cause that’s not why i posted anyway.
I do see what you’re saying as I did understand it, but I don’t like the way the game is going so far at all.
Now that doesn’t exactly mean that I’ll stop playing.
My friends already stopped, but GW2 is quite fun and I love the little details towns have.
I like the human town with the little merchant stalls and the confetti flying through the air.
I love how there are little hidden jump quests and I LOVE the little side conversations NPCs have.
I enjoy noticing the little things, I just don’t like the updates they’ve been dishing out.
So honestly, I don’t know how long I’ll be playing. :o

Hieronumous.3541

Hooray for sanity.

Fine.
I won’t argue ‘cause that’s not why i posted anyway.
I do see what you’re saying as I did understand it, but I don’t like the way the game is going so far at all.
Now that doesn’t exactly mean that I’ll stop playing.
My friends already stopped, but GW2 is quite fun and I love the little details towns have.
I like the human town with the little merchant stalls and the confetti flying through the air.
I love how there are little hidden jump quests and I LOVE the little side conversations NPCs have.
I enjoy noticing the little things, I just don’t like the updates they’ve been dishing out.
So honestly, I don’t know how long I’ll be playing. :o

The only answer to that is: Okay.
Seriously, I don’t know what you want people to say. Some people like the changes. Some people don’t. And some people don’t care because it doesn’t really affect them. I fall into the ‘I can’t farm? Okay, didn’t do that anyways’ portion, in case you couldn’t tell.
I like GW2, so I’ll play until it ceases to be fun.

Posted by: sixfeetunder.6508

sixfeetunder.6508

you’re not exploring the world. if u were, you’d see the amazing amount of detail they put into the PVE. im actually blown away by the quest variety. i guess you have to have a certain kind of mentality to enjoy gw2 long term, i.e. be immersed in the world. or you have to love its pvp, like myself for example. it just may not be the game for u.

this may not apply to you, but people who have voraciously devoured 300+ hours of content, and are not enjoying the “endgame”, should probably…leave…instead of plaguing these boards with drivel relating to self-entitlement, instant gratification, lackluster rewards, etc. it’s a fresh MMO, end game will be sketchy because it would naturally be undergoing tons of tweaks. you should be ecstatic to have gotten so much endgame from such an ambitious game. not to mention all the amazing pvp =S

ive been playing a week since launch. Taking my time to take in the game..weeks laters ive come to realized how lame this game is. Every event/quest is the exact same. defend,kill or gather. Ontop of that npc targets can 1 shot down you no matter what hp, or defense you have..I so hate that. ill be in a fight then for no reason at all im on the floor tossing rocks…….

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

I’ll keep playing the game so long as it stays fun and they keep putting out expansions – the thing I worry about most in any game is stagnation. There are ways to avoid stagnation, though, and ways to cover it up. Everquest 2 released a bunch of new starting zones and races, but none of those ever felt new … they were still boring and if you’d played the game once, you felt like you’d done it all. GW1 on the other hand made each new game exciting and engaging; the mechanics and focus changed a little, but also the world became richer and more unique. You could play the heck out of Prophecies, (and I did!) and Factions was still a new and exciting experience! (as was GWEN, the only actual “expansion”, though I don’t know anyone who bought Factions and Nightfall without buying Prophecies first)

But, and here’s another great thing about GW as a franchise, if I ever get a little bored I can always walk away for a few months and come back again without losing any money because there’s no subscription. So, where I might stop playing something like SWTOR after two months (and never go back) because it wasn’t worth paying for any more, I can do the same with GW, then get excited all over again with the next release and play that for a few months, then wander off until the next release gets me jazzed all over again.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

Posted by: Xocolatl.6890

Xocolatl.6890

If they ever fire up SEA/Oceania server (and somehow make it work with WvWvW thing without crazy latency on OUR side of the pond) then I think I’m going to stick around until the turn the lights off.

Deepcuts.9740

Please, do keep this civilized.
I asked some questions because I really DO want to hear other’s opinion.
Leave your bad attitude and language somewhere else and discuss on topic please.

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Youd think better rewards would be a welcome or rather basic incentive to doing a hard dungeon wouldn’t you? But not in areneNet apparently.

So yeah Ive actually no longer bothered with the PVE world, made me 2 level 80 toons a thief and a ranger and I’m done.

And some of the voice acting could really do better work, That pirate women Merry and the Priestess of grenth and captain jayne, Same person.

Posted by: Synn Dinalt.7251

Synn Dinalt.7251

Not much longer – and I’m nowhere near lvl 80.

I can only answer the question from my own prespective, so please nobody take offence.

GW2 just hasn’t captured my imagination at all – the PvE seems more of a grind than GW1 ever did, and that’s probably because there are no heroes, no henchmen and not a lot of storyline compared with other games.

Again that’s only my view – others may well love the new system.

But for me, the gameplay can be measured in virtually single figure hours. The combat system seems way too simplistic, the skills (compared to other games) seem very limited and the MMO side in PvE doesn’t encourage any social interraction – run around with other players and kill things – then move on seperately.

(edited by Synn Dinalt.7251)

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Not much longer – and I’m nowhere near lvl 80.

I can only answer from the question from my own prespective, so please nobody take offence.

GW2 just hasn’t captured my imagination at all – the PvE seems more of a grind than GW1 ever did, and that’s probably because there are no heroes, no henchment and not a lot of storyline compared with other games.

Again that’s only my view – others may well love the new system.

But for me, the gameplay can be measured in virtually single figure hours. The combat system seems way too simplistic, the skills (compared to other games) seem very limited and the MMO side in PvE doesn’t encourage any social interraction – run around with other players and kill things – then move on seperately.

It does doesnt it?
The grindy bit, the only difference between GW and GW2 is that in 2 you grind with other people.

And the weapons skills, meh, kinda limited, as they said traits dont add to much much really so… Pretty soon every profession is going to learn the best optimal way of playing their profession an it becames a meta method.

What they could have done was linked more skills to the weapon types so you’re free to change them when the situation calls for it.

Posted by: kenk.6537

kenk.6537

I might log in occasionally, but as far as hard-core playing, I’m pretty much done.

Reasons:
1. I expect for my character to become more powerful vs the mobs I’m fighting as I level. The opposite has occurred.
2. Tired of the constant aggro and mob zerging, which becomes more prevalent in the higher level zones. Getting from point A to point B should not be such a hassle.
Roads/paths in a zone should be relatively aggro-free, NCSoft takes it to the opposite extreme.
3. Not soloable – at least not for a casual player.
4. The “events” do not show much variation – defend an area from incoming zergs, follow a patrol, collect some item, pretty much the same ol same ol.
I just dont see much that is revolutionary in the game design. Filling out hearts at certain locations is inferior to traditional quests.
5. No quest lines beyond your personal story.
6. I’ve done two lower level dungeons – not fun. If a PUG cannot do a dungeon without umpteen wipes, I’m not that interested.
7. The personal story is becoming less soloable as I progress in level. Also, I didnt care much that “My” story turns into Trehearne’s story with me as a sidekick.
8. No grouping from what I’ve seen. The game is a solo fest with occasional people that you run into as you advance through a zone.
I prefer to group with people before joining a guild, which just hasnt happened.
I’ve received quite a few random guild invites, which shows they have no criteria beyond getting thier numbers up.

Posted by: Mightylink.3816

Mightylink.3816

In my honest opinion if nothing changes from here on out, I see myself quitting very soon.

For one the waypoint costs are killing me, they are starting to cost more then my quest rewards which is rediculous, they need to redo the system and base it off distance and not level. I dont mind paying a lot to travel large distances, but when the waypoint right next to me still costs almost 2s thats a slap in the face.

Performance issues are out of control, people with the highest end hardware still having problems shows the game needs to get optimized and fast. I can not live with these framerate problems forever and so far there hasnt been a single patch to improve it. Im almost at my quitting point with this issue, if the game is never going to get fixed then I cant bare to live with it much longer.

Then the gameplay itself, why anti farm code, its only hurting people who are just playing normally. Im just playing with my friends helping them out in low level areas, I get some nice items for about 5 minutes then BAM! nothing but low level items for the rest of the day, wtf…

Then I also heard boss doors in each dungeons are on timers now, what are you ganna do when your group gets their early, take a break? No thats ganna make everyone wanna quit, people have no patience, thats a fact with todays generation, you put a timer on boss doors and groups are ganna disband. Was this suppose to prevent farming? What about the rest of us just trying to play normally, eventually where all ganna get better and run these dungeons faster, its not something I wanna have to deal with for the rest of this games lifespan…

Finally mods, I know arenanets official stance on them is not to have them but thats not stopping anyone, Im starting to see them pop up, ui tweaks and new mouse combat and sound effect replacers, you cant stop it so just please allow them, people are starting to get pretty aggrovated over trivial things that could easily be fixed with addons, like removing the border around the screen. So please add modding support, with xml or lua or html or whatever, its a lot better then forcing people to hack their game files and potentially get banned…

Mightylink – Norn Necromancer
Mythiclink – Asura Engineer

(edited by Mightylink.3816)

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

Wow, kenk, you’re experience in the game has been almost exactly the opposite of mine – I don’t want the play the game you’re playing.

2) I can usually run around mobs, or outrun a random aggro, so I only have trouble if I’m in an area way higher level than me.

3) I solo all the time

4) Every event, in every game is going to boil down to “protect, defeat, kill, find, go to, deliver, etc.” it’s not about whether it’s different, it’s about how well it delivers those same missions and I feel GW2 delivers very well. I just had a fun mission where I had to protect kegs of beer from some drunken Skrit … sure it was just a “defend” mission, but the dialogue and the settup were great. You get out of a mission what you put into it, too, I guess.

5) You mean besides the quest lines for your Order, or the Chained Dynamic Events you find all over the place?

6) Your pick up group was meh … I usually have good luck with PUGs, but sometimes you get a raw deal. Can’t blame the game for bad groups – make some friends.

7) My last few quests in my personal story, I did need to bring a friend along … I just worked it into my rp; lied to the character about why I needed them, that sort of thing. I made it all about me … again, you get out what you put in. BUT, yeah, the personal stories really should all be soloable, just because … well, they’re your personal story.

8) I run into flash mobs all the time, hitting dynamic events and group challenges – ALL THE TIME. It’s pretty rare when I have to do an entire event without other players jumping in. And if you want more grouping – instead of flash mobbing – make friends; I’ve got a dozen friends easy and I don’t try that hard. (I’m just lovable)

9) Don’t join those guilds. You’ve got this big thing called the internet, with a feature called “search”. Use that to find guilds and check them out; read their forums, ask the leaders if you can join them for a get together before you make a decision … Let me help make it easier for you: http://www.gwrpc.org/community/viewforum.php?f=12&sid=1b8b68b9c9997f6096d149b3289e7b5f (bunch of guilds here)

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

(edited by Jack of Tears.9458)

Posted by: metaverse.6821

metaverse.6821

People are just impatient and also entitled.

They want what they want and they want it NOW! If they do not get it then Anet is not listening to their customers.

Yeah some things could be better, that’s ALWAYS the case. I’m enjoying the game though and not just going to bail on it. All this mess about how Anet doesn’t care, the devs don’t care, I see the exact opposite. I’ve seen a dev apologize here and then get ripped. What the kitten is that? That certainly promotes the communication that so many here ask for.

Posted by: Wintyre Fraust.6534

Wintyre Fraust.6534

Until the sun goes all supernova on us.