How many Chars will you gear w/ ascended?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

None. I don’t have a single piece of ascended anything on any of my characters.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

none.
I have 4 80’s with not a single ascended piece between them.
that will not change-I never agreed with the introduction of ascended

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

I will gear my warrior and my guardian in ascended armor that’s about it.
my other 5 80’s will have to make do with exotics.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I will gear up all 5 of my characters. (Eventually. Check back with me in 1 – 2 years. Yes, I’m serious. That’s how relaxed I am about getting Ascended gear.)

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I just looked at the price of quartz… it is going to cost a fortune to craft to 500 and then get a full set of celestial armor.

I was thinking armor will be cheaper than weapons. More pieces to discover using which ever material is cheaper.

Posted by: Zoia.3678

Zoia.3678

If leveling armour crafting is anything like it was with weapon crafting, then I don’t think I’ll bother. I mostly play my ranger and in WvW, but I also play my guard and ele a bit. That’s three different armour crafting professions….

My ranger has 3 ascended weapons(Sword, dagger and axe). A torch would’ve been nice too, but then I need huntsman and I can’t stomach the thought of leveling another profession to 500.
The other level 80s i have (guard, ele and mesmer) don’t have any ascended weapons at all. I’m sure my ele would love a scepter and focus, but that would mean yet another another crafting profession to 500. If only I could find the will to farm more dragonite, I have enough of the other mats to make a couple of weapons for my guard with my weaponsmith.

Ascended gear is the worst thing to happen to this game, imo.

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

Every time I see this thread I think it says Charr.

Posted by: Theundersigned.4761

Theundersigned.4761

One character…one day…in my dreams.

Or, you know. If I’m feeling particularly ambitious :d

Posted by: Fuzion.4193

Fuzion.4193

I have 2 80’s, a necro and ranger. I -want- to acquire the sets for the visuals, since I’m a RPer first, but the grinding / farming is becoming so monotonous that it’s getting hard to log in if I don’t have anything planned.

Since grinding has become very much a part of the game, I wish they would develop some way to make it not so mind-numbing and not fun. That’s what’s going to kill my ability to grind out ascended gear. There’s lots of new MMOs coming out in the next year. I know most things are a grind one way or the other, but at least many of those grinds were wrapped in “fun”, even in mediocrity.

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Two, my Guardian & Ranger. Maybe my Necro down the road but I doubt it.

JQ Druid

Posted by: oloap.9765

oloap.9765

I’ve been chasing twilight legendary GS since a year, when ascended weapons rolled out i was gonna make one for my main but as i saw the enormus amount of cash required i suddenly decided to keep on saving for twiligt and i had it at the end.

everything started with ascended thinkrets, grind grind grind.. now next to rollout is legendary thinkrets, Always best in slot, swappable stats.. i’ll w8 legendary armors.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I have 8 level 80’s and the number that will have ascended weapons/armour, with the current situation is exactly ZERO…

If nothing changes in 2014, regarding ascended weapons/ armour, then unless I have extreme luck, 1 in a 1,000,000 chance with a drop, then I expect by the end of next year I will still have zero characters with ascended weapons/armour.

I am hopeful of getting all 8 characters with full ascended trinkets, Amulet, 2 Rings, 2 Accessorys. I may also be able to manage 8 ascended back pieces as well. Would love ascended aqua breathers but do they actually exist?

Btw…since I am unlikely to ever get a ascended weapon/armour can Anet make ascended materials sellable on the Trading Post, otherwise they are useless to me. Equivilant to zero reward atm…

(edited by Meglobob.8620)

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Crafting as the only realistic means to obtain a weapon whose stats I’d want, and afaik armor, is one of the three reasons that GW2 no longer appeals to me. So, while several of my 8 80’s have Ascended trinkets, none of them will be getting weapons or armor.

Posted by: Solus.3926

Solus.3926

I’ve been a crafter in many games, but soon found that enjoyment whittled away in this game …

short answer.

NO!

I am the menace. The one whose will is done. The haunting chill upon your neck. I am the Conundrum.

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

One. Hopefully.

Because that’s the character out of 19 level 80’s that I have had to choose to take to WvW. Already has ascended trinkets, backpiece and one ascended weapon. All of my other 80s are in exotic, 1 has ascended trinkets/backpiece (for dungeon play – including Fractals), 6 more have bits and pieces of ascended trinkets/backpiece. They are probably just going to stay that way. Won’t even bother with the 5 extra Vials of Condensed Mists Essence just sitting in my vault because I will need to focus my materials and gold leveling crafting plus the ascended armor pieces.

Sitting here laughing at the irony of ANet adding ascended armor just as they are opening WvW ranks back to account-wide instead of limiting to one character. :p

-Wondering if their right hand knows what their left hand is doing or if that’s just another way to get players to spend more resources…

PS: If I was going to stick with this game for years, I could see leveling the rest of my weapons crafters and armor crafters to 500. I’d have to believe I’d be investing for the future. I’m not confident enough in this game, nor trust the developers enough at this point to do that.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

I’m only planning on doing one, my Guardian. I want to make one really sweet character, the rest of my alts will get or remain in exotics.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Probably none. Not because I hate crafting but because I really don’t see the need.

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

Likely just my guard. GS, Staff, Shield and likely full armor set (reskinned).
Then just an ascended staff on my mesmer.
My engi, still a long ways away.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Posted by: username.4932

username.4932

Same as for weapons none. I don’t like crafting so as long as it is the only way to get them none.

And if i feel i am underpowered with my exotic stuff in wvw then i will just stop playing, not a big deal.

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Zero. I have 5 level 80s which I play for WvW. Each has 2 to 6 armour sets and different weapons. The cost for me would be 600g for armour crafts, 600g for weapon crafts and 60g per piece… I have 20g.

No thanks Anet, no thanks.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I wasted what, 400 gold or more in my ascended staff? And it wasn’t worth it. The skin is cool, but nothing special. The money sink was hilarious. And I don’t even use a staff much – the only reason I crafted it, was because I rather waste gold on a two-handed weapon than both a MH and an OF.

I was kinda hyped for it in the first day, and banged all my money for it there, until I realized how absolutely soulless and ridiculous ascended weaponry was. I ultimately decided to not let my investment go to waste and finish it, but I’ll probably won’t touch crafting for as anscended it any soon, if ever. If I could go back to time, I would have told myself to save that money.

And now I’m left with 4 gold, and the game wants me to get not one, but five pieces of ugly skins for the sake of more stats? What a wonderful game GW2 turned out to be.

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

None… I don’t play a Charr…. (just kidding)

I can’t say whether I will gear up any of my characters or not. Right now, I don’t feel the need, as there is nothing in the game that requires the small boost to stats except maybe WvW, and then that’s even debatable to me.

At some point down the road, I might.

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Lexy.3912

Lexy.3912

Over time I plan to gear all of my level 80s (currently 7, soon to be 8 ) with ascended, but for the time being I’ll focus on my ele main and probably my guard or warrior. If I ever need a project to work on I’ll pick the next in line and start their gear. I see this very much as a long term project.

My GW2 Project 365 – building a picture of a year in Tyria
The #GW2Project365 on Twitter
Proudly representing The Legion of Honour [XIII] on Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

None, barring some change that makes the stuff actually drop at a reasonable rate.

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

None

An Error Prevented Saving:

Message Body length must at least be 15.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Doesn’t sound like ascended armor is too popular here.
I returned to the game a few weeks ago. Im vastly behind in the ascended weapon department, I don’t even have a single ascended weapon yet.

However, if I am lucky, I’ll craft one complete set before this spring (which at this time would determine if I stay with GW2 or finally move onto other releases).

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Between 1 and 5.

In theory I’m planning to get it for all 5 of my permanent characters eventually, but it will be a very long time coming – I’ve only just gotten 2 ascended rings on my main and I haven’t gotten close to levelling any of my crafting professions enough to make weapons or armor. I might never actually get around to getting it for the 5th character, but that’s the plan at the moment.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Doesn’t sound like ascended armor is too popular here.
I returned to the game a few weeks ago. Im vastly behind in the ascended weapon department, I don’t even have a single ascended weapon yet.

However, if I am lucky, I’ll craft one complete set before this spring (which at this time would determine if I stay with GW2 or finally move onto other releases).

I wouldn’t say you’re really behind. A lot of people don’t have ascended weapons, including some who have been playing since launch.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Smith.1826

Smith.1826

If things keep going the way they are, then I’ll be stuck with only having ascended trinkets. I earned those back when I hadn’t done every dungeon nor every event in the game world. I burnt myself out on the gear grind once I earned my quiver and got a set of TA armor (20+ runs of the same dungeon, jesus…)

On the “plus” side, if they keep going down the path of content made for zergs – where the % of your contribution ends up being a small and single digit – then ascended gear and any other VP bonuses will be pointless.

Of course, this means when we do get small scale and demanding content, better gear is going to matter.

It does not help that the design of the gear does not match what they’ve previously created, so I get to look forward to a buying a handful of transmutations on top of it all.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I’ve been chasing twilight legendary GS since a year, when ascended weapons rolled out i was gonna make one for my main but as i saw the enormus amount of cash required i suddenly decided to keep on saving for twiligt and i had it at the end.

everything started with ascended thinkrets, grind grind grind.. now next to rollout is legendary thinkrets, Always best in slot, swappable stats.. i’ll w8 legendary armors.

Are you saving to buy twilight or craft? Ive always wondered, is it easier to just sell off every single thing you get for your legendary, or save and craft?

Really thinking about it, I could probably have like 800 or 900 gold saved up by now (and I don’t buy gems to convert to gold. I might have done this with maybe 100 gems that I had left over at one point…but thats it).

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

probably 1, my main…

This game went from invest to divest in my book… I will no longer place effort in long term goals until Anet set their goals first… at the moment they are clueless on what they are doing.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Probably zero. I have 8 characters, 4 of them 80s, and only 1 of them fully geared out with multiple sets of exotics, and exactly no ascended/legendary weapons. I have almost all crafts to 400, artificing at about 425.

Unless they make it much cheaper to acquire ascended armor than it is for the weapons, I don’t see myself having any. The grind for a single ascended weapon’s mats (plus what was needed to get to 500) was a bit much for a game with supposedly very little vertical progression. And I can’t see crafting 6 armor pieces being a walk in the park.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Probably zero. I have 8 characters, 4 of them 80s, and only 1 of them fully geared out with multiple sets of exotics, and exactly no ascended/legendary weapons. I have almost all crafts to 400, artificing at about 425.

Unless they make it much cheaper to acquire ascended armor than it is for the weapons, I don’t see myself having any. The grind for a single ascended weapon’s mats (plus what was needed to get to 500) was a bit much for a game with supposedly very little vertical progression. And I can’t see crafting 6 armor pieces being a walk in the park.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Geoffroy.3685

Geoffroy.3685

The game is 100% enjoyable with exotics. I will leave it that ever change.

For my part, I don’t think I’ll go full ascended until there’s some separation between the cosmetics and the stats (transmutation crystal are not sustainable).

In any case, I’ll stay clear of the headstart insanity of mats price jumps and gear grind that is sure to happen next week.

Amelia Ivardottir — Falconeer (Greatsword & Bows Ranger) — Volcanus
Emmeline Ivardottir — Duelist (Sword & Focus Mesmer) — Sunrise / The Anomaly

Posted by: HidiR.6712

HidiR.6712

Only my warr , because it takes too much time and grind. Imagine that 1 piece of the armor takes 9 days. So for whole armor it will take like 6×9 =54 days its just an estimation

Posted by: Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

Just my main character will get ascended armor. The other toons have specific looks, take my Charr Ranger, he is set up with all CoF gear, armor and weapons and I wouldn’t want to have to transmute 7 alts to get the looks I want with ascended stats. IMO that would be a waste of time and resources.

Posted by: Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

I have about 300 stacks of various materials squirreled away for this in hopes I will be able to finish the professions and finish 2 sets, 1 for my warrior main and 1 for my thief for wvw. Had I not been sitting on all these resources though there’s no way in hell I would make more than 1… if that.

(edited by Magnus Steelgrave.6580)

Posted by: Funset.7893

Funset.7893

Look at all that vocal minority that wont craft a single ascended item

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I have all the professions at 80 and don’t expect any of them to be geared in Ascended. I tend to alternate my characters and play each for a week or so at a time. I have doled out ascended trinkets to them, but no Ascended weapons. I don’t even have one character with full ascended trinkets. And, I can already see the handwriting on the wall, that it will be impossible to gear them all, and so have chosen not to pursue the weapons and armor. I will probably continue to play occasionally until the power level of the game makes that impossible.

Posted by: CaboSoul.1204

CaboSoul.1204

Zero because the armor looks butt ugly and the higher stats won’t make any difference to how I play this game and even if it did I still wouldn’t get ascended armor cuz they are very, VERY ugly!!!!

(edited by CaboSoul.1204)

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

1 max. Depending on the price. If it’s like weapons, where you have to craft 6 armor pieces @ 50g each, then I’ll highly consider skipping ascended armor all together.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

Ascended weapons or armor? Zero. I have 4 chars with 10 builds in total. To get a single ascended weapon you take 6~9 days (if not spend a lot of gold). This is dumb.

With the ascended armor coming up, I’ll feel even behind. They really should consider keep the base atk from weapons and base armor from armors equals to the exotic version. In this way the ascened versions will only have more status and infusion slots, keeping them better but ot insane better than exotic ones.

This game is becoming more and more painful to play becouse you need to grind more and more with every update they bring. I don’t think I’ll last enough in this game.

Sorry for my english.

Posted by: jsduke.6537

jsduke.6537

I’ll do full Ascended gear on my main first.

After that, I’ll probably do a few cosmetic pieces for alts (there are a few good looking pieces in the ascended armor sets).

If I do any more after that depends on what the ascended crafting process was like. If it feels horribly grindy, then probably none. If it wasn’t so bad, then I’ll gradually kit out my alts whenever I accumulate enough mats through my normal gameplay habits.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Eventually…. all of them. I’ll get there in time. No rush though.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

It makes me laugh how everyone is mostly saying zero. I remember everybody complaining about the ascended weapons at first. Now that’s all I most people have. Everyone screams for end game content and when they get it they don’t want what they get. No matter if it ascended items or living story updates.

I will be gearing my main with fully ascended zerker gear for the fun of it. I actually wish they had ascended runes and sigils. I personally enjoy setting a goal and trying to accomplish it. I guess what it boils down to is people are not wanting to do the work that goes with getting items. Where If anet was saying everyone is getting a full set of ascended trinkets, accessories, weapons, and armor everyone would be all for it because it would be a hand out. Nothing in this world worth getting is easily obtained.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I actually wish they had ascended runes and sigils.

We will like see this over time. Considering they have said that there will be some VP, and a shallow power curve, but also that they see no need for another gear tier, they can only accomplish this VP thru upping the available levels on runes, sigils, and infusions to ascended.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

It makes me laugh how everyone is mostly saying zero. I remember everybody complaining about the ascended weapons at first. Now that’s all I most people have. Everyone screams for end game content and when they get it they don’t want what they get. No matter if it ascended items or living story updates.

I will be gearing my main with fully ascended zerker gear for the fun of it. I actually wish they had ascended runes and sigils. I personally enjoy setting a goal and trying to accomplish it. I guess what it boils down to is people are not wanting to do the work that goes with getting items. Where If anet was saying everyone is getting a full set of ascended trinkets, accessories, weapons, and armor everyone would be all for it because it would be a hand out. Nothing in this world worth getting is easily obtained.

I don’t know a single person with an ascended weapon and not everyone considers grinding for stat updates endgame.

I also like setting goals for myself but they are my goals and they don’t include ascended gear at all.

As for not doing the work- you realize this a game right and most people have rl jobs?

Just because something eats up all your game time and your gold doesn’t necessarily make it worth it to obtain- sorry to say but from where I am sitting Ascended gear looks like a massive waste of my time

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Yellya.3147

Yellya.3147

I don’t care about the grind, so I’ll get a full set for my elementalist and engineer.

Yellya Aalana | Level 80 Elementalist
Adelia Aalana | Level 80 Engineer
Clan of Elders [CoE] – Blackgate

Posted by: McSlappy.1372

McSlappy.1372

Probably just one. I have an Ascended sword on my war. But given that the WvW season is ending tomorrow and I don’t see the grind vs. reward = worth my time to be very favorable, here I’ll be returning to Warcraft this weekend and will not be wasting time grinding out Ascended.

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

2 – One for my main (engie) and one for my secondary WvW toon (ele). I expect it to take me about 3 months because after grinding for my weapon I’m just going to let the armor happen as it happens.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]