How many Chars will you gear w/ ascended?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ping.5739

Ping.5739

Already have full set of ascend trinkets on all my 5 toons. Not going for weapon and armor.

This useless bar doesn’t make you awesome. However, stuff above does.

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

I have five level 80 characters, working on sixth, use several builds on each (especially my necro, where the specs range from carrion condi, go through PVT juggermancer, and end all the way at well glass cannon). I also hate crafting.

So yeah – exactly zero.

Same here (working on my sixth). My bank is filled with various sets of exotic gear for each character, and I have purchased multiple extra bank tabs.

I’ll probably only play my elementalist from here on out, and only because celestial works so well with the profession.

I’m just not happy playing with characters that don’t have everything upgraded to best in slot. I know I’m type-A, but this thread evidences that I am not alone in my thinking.

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

Well I suppose I will have to gear my WvW main asap, however we don’t know if Solider’s insignia are going to be available or not…

The hard part will be choosing a 2nd character to work on after that. 4 alts, all with different roles.

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

I don’t like the idea of ascended in what this game was suppose to be, especially the ways they choose to provide them, where’s the wvw alternative? Five 80’s with multiple weapons needed for each? and soon armor sets? and maybe legendary armors after? yeah I’m not grinding the gold out for that. I also haven’t done Tequalt since like the first week of his revamp and likely never will again so that route is also out.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

MrSilver.5269

Has anyone crafted an ascended piece yet?

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I don’t like the idea of ascended in what this game was suppose to be, especially the ways they choose to provide them, where’s the wvw alternative? Five 80’s with multiple weapons needed for each? and soon armor sets? and maybe legendary armors after? yeah I’m not grinding the gold out for that. I also haven’t done Tequalt since like the first week of his revamp and likely never will again so that route is also out.

I dont many people have done Teq. I missed that update, was on a break. I came back a month or so after, and Teq just sits there flapping his wings. I haven’t done him yet. One poor design decision after another. Wasted and unused content.

About ascended armor: Not doing it. finishing up ascended weapons hopefully before the end of this month for my fractal toon. I just hope that in a year we dont have ascended sigils and runes that go on ascended armo only. I’ll probably make a quick exit of the game.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

My three humans. The rest will stay in exotics.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

Probably just my main, and maybe one of my alts if I really want to. However I don’t think I’ll outfit all my characters into a full set until the means of acquiring the gear become more flexible. Right now with only having crafting for armor and weapons, and the array of random methods of acquiring accessories, I don’t see myself continuing doing this on all my characters.

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

Posted by: dusanyu.4057

dusanyu.4057

0 I have no intention of leveling crafting oh that and the acceded Skins look like Donkey Kitten

MrSilver.5269

Has anyone crafted an ascended piece yet?

MrSilver.5269

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

Most likely 0

unless it starts to become mandatory to have ascended gear to play the game

right now I’m just logging in to play some of the special events like the wintersday holiday. the grind associated with ascended gear has really taken some of the joy out of the game for me.

MrSilver.5269

I got myself to 450 tailoring over the weekend… it is going to take months, or hundreds of gold to get to 500.

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Currently only have jewelry. Until they add Ascended armor/weapons for badges, I won’t have those.

/shrug, WvW is what I do. We have been waiting Anet to catch up on WvW rewards for over a year.

I have no intention of doing crafting (which I never do in any MMO really sans Rift) even for BiS items. It’s just not worth the amount of time it takes to get them as I don’t enjoy most PvE content or crafting. It’s too boring for me.

I will gear out all of my characters through WvW when it becomes available.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

MrSilver.5269

I will gear out all of my characters through WvW when it becomes available.

And this is the question I, and many others, want an answer to.

When will ascended armor become available with badges and/or laurels?

Arenanet, please give us an answer, even if it is only to say it never will be.

Posted by: jweez.7214

jweez.7214

At the moment none. And I love that I have that choice. No one can peek into my gear or do a stat check to make sure.

If I kind of just stumble into having the mats and stuff then I will of course use them. But I have no plans to actively pursue them.

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

all 9 of them eventually, but I’m in no hurry.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

None!! The only way I’ll wear ascended gear is if I can buy it cheap, such as rings and amulets, or if it drops. I don’t like what ascended has done to the game and it’s insult to all those who spent big money attaining ultra rare exotics to be the best.

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

isn’t the skin the only real difference between “ultra rare” exotics and regular exotics?

if so, you can transmute that skin over to your ascended equipment, that’s what I plan on doing for my Anomaly

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: ShiningMassXAcc.4735

ShiningMassXAcc.4735

I have 8 toons, only 1 left to hit 80. I’ll probably go for some ascended jewelry and some ascended weapons, no armor.

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

my guardian and i’m guessing my new, still-leveling warrior because i accidentally made too many vision crystals. i’m smrt.

Posted by: FuriousPop.2789

FuriousPop.2789

Most likely none…. I have 16 level 80s, that’s 26 builds. Can’t make that much armor….. Now do I play all of those? Not as much anymore, but I still run about 7-8 builds…. 7-8 sets of ascended armor and weapons? Yeah right…. that will never happen.

16 lvl 80s!!!! my god man! get a hobby! oh wait – its prob gw2… lol

I can relate – 10 chars – 6 lvl 80’s

I still haven’t gotten asc weap let alone the new armor. it will take time ofc.
Maybe in the long run if anet makes it more accessible to attain – eg; from world chests with better chances than 0.00005% then yea maybe one day.

For the time being as most of u stated – not grinding it out….

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

1, because by the time it happens I will be leaving the game on a full time basis.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

Huge investment for mediocre reward, play with math and you’ll change your mind about ascended stuff and how you are spending your time and effort

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

Weapons yes, armor there’s no way, Anet made sure you would need 6 transformation crystals for each armor by creating the crappiest armors yet. They darn well know of our dislike for butt capes and trench coats and yet they are still ignoring us. Since I cancelled all support of gems for 2014 it’ll be impossible for me to get them.
So my max for armors is exotics and even with those most of my 8 characters armors are mixed sets.

MrSilver.5269

I hit 499 artificing this morning, and was shocked that when my last discovery only gave me 3 ranks and I needed 4. The cost for mats has simply made crafting prohibitive.

Leamas.5803

Weapons yes, armor there’s no way, Anet made sure you would need 6 transformation crystals for each armor by creating the crappiest armors yet. They darn well know of our dislike for butt capes and trench coats and yet they are still ignoring us. Since I cancelled all support of gems for 2014 it’ll be impossible for me to get them.
So my max for armors is exotics and even with those most of my 8 characters armors are mixed sets.

I like butt capes, at least on Asura. I find they look too goofy otherwise. But yes, the ascended stuff if ugly. What I dislike is that nearly all heavy armor for human women has an integrated miniskirt. It just makes no sense and is ugly to boot. Luckily, for my human guard I found some that I like that won’t break the bank.

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

Most likely zero. I hate vertical grind.

Posted by: Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Myst Dawnbringer.9138

I’ve not decided yet. I have 9 level 80’s and a level 40. But the armor is just a tad better than exotic, and not really worth it. I would be interested to know if there are any plans to add areas and levels in the future. Because outfitting all these toons would be very expensive and then if they added levels to do it again boring. But where are they going to go with the game. If they add new areas is it all going to be level 80 content or will they finally go to level 100.

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

I have 8 80s. Only gearing up my main, because of the Dragonite Ore requirement… Maybe as the time goes on, I’ll gear up another one. But not anytime soon.

Posted by: epborden.7492

epborden.7492

Still as of today I have not and will not gear any of my characters with ascended gear. The time sink is too much to warrant the return on investment. In all practicality you are investing a ton of personal time and money into something that generally has almost no return accept for a 5% increase in stats and of course appearance should you keep the skins. In all of my gameplay experience I have not encountered any situation where 5% was what changed a win to a loss. That same 5% is generally targeted towards the player’s skill level, meaning that 5% of extra stats can be completely negated by the skill of a player. In this regard I feel the system has been poorly implemented and is simply an after thought as they try to work off the popularity of the original legendary items. They don’t want everyone to easily get ascended gear of any kind, which is understandable because that would create yet more expectations of vertical progression which is a never ending battle. However, simply creating more gear that takes an enormous investment to obtain is not really a solution it is just a paltry method to obtain player satisfaction. So I am really not surprised to see many players responding with the same thoughts and the fact they will not be taking it upon themselves to work with this system. If the system doesn’t work people won’t do it, and it doesn’t, so they aren’t.

(edited by epborden.7492)

MrSilver.5269

I finally hit 500 artificing this morning, and hope to make a staff over the weekend if I have all the ascended materials. I’m stuck at 450 tailoring with a depleted bank and few materials left to get to 500. At this rate it will be at least a month, likely 2-3, before I am able to get to 500. I haven’t even looked into what I need to do to actually craft the ascended armor.

What I do know is that the moment I craft ascended armor for one character I will most likely only use my other 5 80s to farm nodes. Kinda defeats the whole purpose of having 6 80s, but it is what it is.

Posted by: Maethril.9586

Maethril.9586

None of my characters wont ever get weapons nor armors, couple had jewelry and back pieces though. Left this game bit over month ago. Probably come to check out those new wvw “queue” maps when they add those and those wont exactly require ascended gears.
Hated Ascended grinds to the guts.

Lvl 80 Warrior – Ranger – Thief – Elementalist – Mesmer – Guardian.
Switched Anet to Square E and haven’t regretted it even once.

Posted by: Toroxus.9256

Toroxus.9256

Zero. I’m not going to sacrifice or waste my game time, effort, gold or cash crafting. Until I can earn them as rewards through regular gameplay of my choosing without an unreasonable grind and purchase them off the bltc,

I agree 100%. I hate grinding and wasting time. Luckily I don’t have to do that in this game, so I’ll probably get 2 complete ascended armor sets over the next few months.

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Still zero. I can’t even gather the money for the craft, let alone for the weapon. Sorry Anet, I like GW2 but this is too far a boat for me.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Leamas.5803

Zero. I’m not going to sacrifice or waste my game time, effort, gold or cash crafting. Until I can earn them as rewards through regular gameplay of my choosing without an unreasonable grind and purchase them off the bltc,

I agree 100%. I hate grinding and wasting time. Luckily I don’t have to do that in this game, so I’ll probably get 2 complete ascended armor sets over the next few months.

This isn’t considered grind? WOW, it’s like we’re playing different games. ;-)

Posted by: mage.3570

mage.3570

I already have a complete set of “First Generation” level 80 characters – one of every class leveled during the first year of play. The characters spanned all races.

I am now casually leveling the “Second Generation” of level 80 characters – which are mostly Asuras. I level them using dungeon experience (alt swap), dailies and some WvW.

My goal is to run COMPLETELY different builds for each generation.

Been there, done that. What’s next?

MrSilver.5269

I just can’t get over the cost of mats to make a single item, not to mention the time gating for the glob of elder spirit residue.

I will be getting a single ascended weapon for one character. PERIOD.

I was planning on doing ascended armor for one character as well. Forget it it. I won’t even consider it now, unless they introduce alternative ways to get the items.

Posted by: Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

I just can’t get over the cost of mats to make a single item, not to mention the time gating for the glob of elder spirit residue.

I will be getting a single ascended weapon for one character. PERIOD.

I was planning on doing ascended armor for one character as well. Forget it it. I won’t even consider it now, unless they introduce alternative ways to get the items.

This very much. While I have collected enough basic mats to level my crafting from 0-500 (been collecting since release but never crafted, don’t think it’s fun), I’m still way behind ascended mats. I came back a week prior to the ascended weapon update and in all that time I only collected around 350 Dragonite. PvE champion zerging is not very appealing to me, nor is WvW zerging. But as a roamer or scout I am basically stuck with getting Empyreal Fragments from camp flipping. The occasional tower my party captures isn’t enough to get the mats I need.

(edited by Elmo Benchwarmer.3025)

Posted by: E Tan.7385

E Tan.7385

Exactly ZERO ! i’am a player that like to change build / do test. ( coming from GW1, not surprising liking change a lot the build ) and since builds are hardly dependent on stuff, and since its already ask quiet many money / time for just one set ( if you dont want play with default ugly stuff ) i see no fr***ing reasons to waste month grinding craft, and tons of moneys and moneys just to have ONE stat set.

Sure, its annoying me not having the best stat in game, so in long therm be weaker tham many others players just because of stat.

But i dont play video games to do ANNOYING things.

( and even if one day Anet only choose to allow you to change ascended stat like you want, i’am not even sure i would waste that many time for a such armor, its too annoying and time consuming )

For me spending month hunting gear to finaly play the game, is not playing and not fun.

“we leave the grind to other MMOs.”
Mike Obrien
Legen – Wait for It – dary joke

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

2, max 3. For my main Ranger, for my primary alt Mesmer and if I feel like it then for my second alt Guardian.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

0. Not very wise choice Anet

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Zero.
I have 11 80’s .. i play 7 of them regulary and also crafted at least one weapon for them, but i rather craft more weapons for their second slot than crafting any piece of armor.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

between 1 and 0. I would like my sylvari, that’s a fractal runner, to have extra ascendeds for extra infusion slots, but she isn’t even my main, so I don’t really know whether I could be bothered that much or not.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

All 3 toons. Ill just collect the mats over months and worry about it long term. Its too grindy just to get it straight away for them, but over a long time, I’ll have the mats just by playing.

Posted by: Arondrinor.5307

Arondrinor.5307

I have 5 level 80, 11 exotic armor sets, 12 exotic trinket sets. I won’t craft any ascended. No time, no need, not worth. In my opinion ascended is totally unnecassary. Wrong step by developers. This game doesn’t need any grind content.

(edited by Arondrinor.5307)

Posted by: George Steel.1804

George Steel.1804

So happy to see others who share the common feelings – who hate crafting and really don’t have any interest in pursuing the current design of vertical progression. Add some others ways to do it, sure. Say, tough world bosses (Tequatl), high level FotM, drop chance in high level dungeons (Arah) etc, etc..

But crafting, no no no! I’m siding with the dredge on this one. My Guardian who was once the best geared for the game will now fall behind. I too have lost most interest in WvW with roamers running around with ~10% stat increases and 5 stacks of each buff (I don’t GRIND WvW, I roam, so I’ll never achieve this either)…

So, exactly ZERO.

Platinum – Guardian
Technical Strength – Engineer
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

One, it’ll be whichever character I want to main fractals on. I won’t need any ascended gear for infusions until I’m past level 14 or so in fractals (currently 7). I’m not planning on gearing out ascended anytime soon though, because I do fractals maybe once or twice a month.

Added:
It does feel kind of annoying that I’ll only be able to do high level fractals on one character.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Posted by: Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

But crafting, no no no! I’m siding with the dredge on this one. My Guardian who was once the best geared for the game will now fall behind. I too have lost most interest in WvW with roamers running around with ~10% stat increases and 5 stacks of each buff (I don’t GRIND WvW, I roam, so I’ll never achieve this either).

I couldn’t agree more. The power creep has come to a point where it’s really no fun anymore to go to WvW with a small party of 2/3/4 people if you don’t sit in your grinded ascended gear.

It’s a shame really.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

1, if any.

I don’t think I’ll live enough for more than that.

The sun will only last about 5000 million years more, you know?

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!