How many exotics do you find in a week?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Two or three so far (as I recall). Not per week, total.

Couldn’t use any of them.

(edited by Ashen.2907)

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Ex…o…tics?

Those exist? In the game?

j/k

One a month maybe though. usually in WvW and its way random. Sometimes its off an NPC mob in a tower, others is off an enemy player, and one time it was off a moa.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

Last one was from a champ bag in January I think. best chance I have of seeing exotics is from others pinging or on the TP.

(edited by Paul.4081)

Posted by: mage.3570

mage.3570

About 1-3 exotics (armor or weapons) per fractal run.

Assuming I do multiple runs and some world bosses here and there, I should expect to get around 100 exotics per month.

Been there, done that. What’s next?

Posted by: Condutas.3580

Condutas.3580

1 exotic each 2 days.

I am sitting at 112% personal magic find at the moment, in the last 3 weeks I have done one fractal run 20-39, AC all paths, COF 2 paths, tequatil kill as MINIMAL DAILY gameplay.

Hope that helps you.

(edited by Condutas.3580)

Posted by: Alloy.2839

Alloy.2839

I play WvW almost exclusively. My MF is 206%. I am almost always in a party of 4 or 5 and I have heard that improves MF a bit. I find 1 exotic every 6 to 8 hours of play, some from enemy players, some from NPCs. Given my play schedule I usually get about 2 exotics a week.

Posted by: Porsche.1043

Porsche.1043

Well I found two today, one from shatterer world boss other from teq
Usually ill get about 5 per week, depends on how often I can play ( goes up to 15 on good weeks)

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I assume we’re talking strictly armor, weapons, or trinkets:

Maybe two or three a month. I can up that to 10-12/mo if you include exotic essences of luck or inscription recipes.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

None of this seems odd to anyone that there seems to be a pretty obvious divide?

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

None of this seems odd to anyone that there seems to be a pretty obvious divide?

Attachments:

Posted by: Curse Drew.8679

Curse Drew.8679

I think it’s because some people are refering to MF dropped exotics from mobs, and others giving thier total found exotics including chests.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

The question is incorrectly worded as no player is actually performing actions that could result in an Exotic drop for the same amount of time during a week as any other player.

It’s like comparing how often 15 drivers speed when 5 of them ride the train and 3 of them commute 100 miles everyday while the rest drive less than 10 miles….

I also find it hard to believe there is not a better “tin-foil” hat picture available on the internets….. (that’s not a personal comment, just an observation).

Found one….

Attachments:

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Posted by: The Kape.3672

The Kape.3672

302% MF here 1or 2 per day if lucky more max i had was 5

[WHAT] http://gw2what.shivtr.com
Your Home Hardcore PvE Guild focused in doing Speed/Record Runs & Guild Missions!

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

I do all temples daily and my average is 1 or 2 exo a night (either from kill drop or magic forge)
sometimes I get more. I also got 2 pres from Risens the past 3 months

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

Depends if you count Southsun Settler’s trinkets. My usual farming there got 0.5333/hour based on drop stats that I kept. Probably your best bet for cheap dark matter. (~250% MF)

Other exotics – I’m lucky to find one a month. Usually from a jumping puzzle chest .

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Saturday and Sunday I play through most dungeons and at least 1 fractal 20-30. And maybe 3 cumulated hours in WvW.
The rest of the week, I barely play and when I do it’s to do a daily fractal 10-20 or 20-30.
And I barely do any meta event per month.

I have around 1 exo/hour (or more, I’ve gotten a dozen in a night, and I don’t pull all-nighters). I don’t bother paying attention to where that exotic came from (dungeon chest, drops or champ bag. Although I know that “drops” are my lowest source).

And each and every time I get one, I get sad and a quaggan dies. Because that’s my luck. Some people rarely get exotics and when they do it’s a precursor.
I’ve gotten so many Truth that sometime I’ve had to check my TP history to see if it was a new one or one I forgot to sell.

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

Other than Gilded Boxes with greens and blues inside, none.

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

I play around 20 hours a week. 114% luck without any buffs/consummables.

Depends on what I am doing….if I am getting a lot of champ bags and chests from what I am doing…maybe 3-4 every couple weeks. If I am just doing map exploring, dailies, etc…..maybe 1-2 a month if I am super lucky. I don’t really pay a ton of attention to it, as it is not that important to me, and I almost always end up salvaging/tp’ing it, unless it’s something that I can really use. /shrug

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I have to stop reading this thread because it makes me extremely angry at the stupid RNG in this game. If it’s not broken… then I don’t know what broken is. One person gets 1 exo per HOUR. Others get them all the time too; one per day, several per week. Yet here I am, as are many others, barely ever seeing one in a month. And I kill mobs. Tons. High level. And do WvW. This is just … anger-inducing.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Teon.5168

I have to stop reading this thread because it makes me extremely angry at the stupid RNG in this game. If it’s not broken… then I don’t know what broken is. One person gets 1 exo per HOUR. Others get them all the time too; one per day, several per week. Yet here I am, as are many others, barely ever seeing one in a month. And I kill mobs. Tons. High level. And do WvW. This is just … anger-inducing.

If it’s any consolation, I have rarely gotten any exos from killing regular mobs. Probably less than 10 in the entire time I have been playing the game(started 2 months after release). Almost all of my exos have come from champions of one kind or another….WvW and/or PvE. Over the last 4-5 weeks I have maybe gotten 1, as I have been doing a lot of leveling of my lowbies…so doing lots of regular dailies, mob killing, map exploration……my exo rate goes way down when I am doing that kind of stuff.

And when I know I will be doing some champ stuff, I always make sure to have my magic find buffed as best I can…..not sure if that makes much difference, but seems to help me.

But yea, the rng seems to vary wildly. There are weeks where I won’t get any for quite a while(month or more), and then I will get on a streak where I average around 2 a week for a few weeks……the luck for me on them is all over the place…..my above thread was the best guestimate I could come up with.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

While my post made the claim of one every two weeks or so, I didn’t separate how I got them. As a drop from killing mobs, over the course of almost 2 years of playing daily, probably less than 5. Almost every exotic I’ve gotten was from champ bags or chests. The chests are either the ones spawned by killing Meta event bosses or the chests located around the world at jumping puzzles or other places.

I strongly suspect that this is true for most of the people posting here.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Well i do kill lots of champs also. When the old Frostgorge train was running i was there. Now i do events and temples in Orr. Since the megaserver rolled out i’ve gotten TWO exotics. I play daily. My magic find is a base of 188 plus i use foods and boosters and banners. I sure would love to see anything other than green garbage for a change.

Wow. This really does make me think i should delete my whole account and start a new one that maybe gets the LUCK ROLL. I’m angry, frustrated and thinking the developers should have a better reward system.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Dark Dark Binks.8210

Dark Dark Binks.8210

The only exotics I get are from the forge. Hopefully, I’m lucky and I usually get 1-2 precursors every week for less than 500G invested.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Well i do kill lots of champs also. When the old Frostgorge train was running i was there. Now i do events and temples in Orr. Since the megaserver rolled out i’ve gotten TWO exotics. I play daily. My magic find is a base of 188 plus i use foods and boosters and banners. I sure would love to see anything other than green garbage for a change.

Wow. This really does make me think i should delete my whole account and start a new one that maybe gets the LUCK ROLL. I’m angry, frustrated and thinking the developers should have a better reward system.

Think about this : with all the exotics I get, not a kittening precursor.

I have friends that very rarely get any exotics yet in under a year they got 2 precursors.

It’s like almost winning the lottery every day. Except that you are always missing the last 2 numbers. Over and over again.

I tried the MF. I gave up. Because if 50 major sigils can’t even give me 1 superior, I don’t think I have any chances with obtaining a precursor…but I did get a level 78 weapon from 4 level 80 >.>
Luck in this game is everywhere. And it sucks. You are either really lucky and can buy whatever you want or your not and have to “farm”.

(I have 144 MF, and barely ever use MF foods and buffs)

Teon.5168

That’s exactly why I don’t let it concern me. For me, getting frustrated over something that I have absolutely no control over just isn’t worth my time wasted. I just concentrate on getting enough gold where I can buy the exotics I want……farming gold, and/or buying some occasional gems is a much more controllable option for me, and keeps me smiling more. Salvaging the stuff that I got off of several pavillion gold runs has got me enough gold now where I don’t have to worry much about drops(except for salvaging for more gold)…. plus have never had the legendary or ascended stuff in mind, so don’t have to worry about mats and such.

Plus, there is just so much stuff to do in this game, so many things to explore, so much dialogue to listen to, interaction with npcs, etc…….that I pretty much have fun in whatever I am doing in game. But if I were a hardcore player and had specific legendary/ascended goals and such……I could see where I might be quite frustrated at times.

Being a true casual player has it’s benefits.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

Teon.5168

Think about this : with all the exotics I get, not a kittening precursor.

I have friends that very rarely get any exotics yet in under a year they got 2 precursors.

It’s like almost winning the lottery every day. Except that you are always missing the last 2 numbers. Over and over again.

I tried the MF. I gave up. Because if 50 major sigils can’t even give me 1 superior, I don’t think I have any chances with obtaining a precursor…but I did get a level 78 weapon from 4 level 80 >.>
Luck in this game is everywhere. And it sucks. You are either really lucky and can buy whatever you want or your not and have to “farm”.

(I have 144 MF, and barely ever use MF foods and buffs)

I don’t know many other players who have gotten a whole lot of precursors while playing. At least with guildies I know and other players I have known…..I haven’t been in direct contact with anyone that has gotten good precursor drop rates. I only hear about it here……

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

z__z i have capped magi find and i think on a good week maybe 2.. i pick up lots of yellows though.. 5k hours and no precursors

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: Lamir.6702

Lamir.6702

I think I had a startling revelation. The more time you play per week, the more exotics you will get. Some people play more than others or spend their time that would result in a greater quantity of loot so they get more.

Posted by: Niii Yu.4572

Niii Yu.4572

I get 2-3 a day when i farm,i farm champs in FGS for 3-4 hours, farm karka vets in Southsun which if you farm them for 2 hours will more than likely drop exotic trinket, Farm Mobs in Orr they can drop sometimes too. If you farm mobs/champs for 6-7 hours you will get 2-3 exotics a day easy.

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

1- 2 a month if i’m lucky.

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

About 1 each Fotm. So can get up to 10 a week.

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

This is the most useless topic ever. Everybody throws in some numbers with total disregard of hours and content played.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

This is the most useless topic ever. Everybody throws in some numbers with total disregard of hours and content played.

Hehe .. yeah .. even more than the usual “x gold per day”. Next somebody asks how many gold you make in a month or year

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: krisztian.6513

krisztian.6513

I got 68 just today. (1000rare down the toilet :P)
I’d say the forge creats lots of exos what u see in the tp, also even if one is unlucky and only gets an exo direct drop once a week or so if u count that for everyone who actively plays lvl80ish chars it becomes a lot :x

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Not to mention memory isn’t perfect and people dont’ always remember what happend last week, let alone two months ago. Unless you’re actually keeping a written record, I don’t see how we can take results seriously.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Not to mention memory isn’t perfect and people dont’ always remember what happend last week, let alone two months ago. Unless you’re actually keeping a written record, I don’t see how we can take results seriously.

Remembering exact number of drops is hard except when it is 0.
There is the issue of considering how various sources are supposed to be considered.

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

luckily i get one in a month.

Sad.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I still remember my first 2 exotics .. since they were after around 1000 and 2000 hours.
First was from a Svanir in Dredgehaunt Cliffs when i wanted to kill the Svanir Shaman at the Event near Hoelbrak. Next was from Claw of Jormag after i already killed him maybe 200 times

After that .. don’t know .. the next maybe from the Scarlett Zone Events .. and later the most i got from chests i farm for empyrial fragments

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Neko Dudley.2495

Neko Dudley.2495

I get between 0 and 1 per week. I haven’t had any since the end of the wvw season, so my average is going down.

I regards to foil hats, if they are not grounded properly, they work more like antennas. What you want, is a Faraday cage to keep out the mind control rays.

Gate of Madness [MAL] EB
Yarr! I be keeping me pirate runes, Matey. Yarr! You’re welcome. Yarr!

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

No, because without extra data like actual hours played per day (most people say they play less than they actually do) and exactly what are they doing that time, we can’t really reach any conclusion.

For example, if someone plays 5 hours a day, but does almost exclusively high level fractals with a good group during those 5 hours, of course will get more exotics than someone that does dungeons, who in turn will get more than someone killing world bosses, who will also get more than someone that just goes around the world exploring and doing events as they pop up.

Just like in WvW, someone that does roaming or that plays in massive zerg Vs. zerg battles will get less exotics that someone that’s doing a karma train capturing easy targets and avoiding combat.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

(edited by locoman.1974)

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

No, because without extra data like actual hours played per day (most people say they play less than they actually do) and exactly what are they doing that time, we can’t really reach any conclusion.

For example, if someone plays 5 hours a day, but does almost exclusively high level fractals with a good group during those 5 hours, of course will get more exotics than someone that does dungeons, who in turn will get more than someone that does only dungeons, who will also get more exotics than someone killing world bosses, who will also get more than someone that just goes around the world exploring and doing events as they pop up.

Just like in WvW, someone that does roaming or that plays in massive zerg Vs. zerg battles will get less exotics that someone that’s doing a karma train capturing easy targets and avoiding combat.

Ahh but not everyone posts just a number. Many post have things like hours, type of content, and mf included.

We know accounts are not all treated the same b/c of past occurrences. What we don’t know is if that still* has any bearing on rewards (still* denotes that past account bugs did have an effect on rewards).

I’m fairly confident that players that have continuously played with the same people over the course of the game will attest to knowing others that either have what seems as continuous luck or continuous misfortune. For many it becomes an ongoing joke b/c its predictable to who will get or not get what.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

I think I get barely 1 Exotic.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’d say one every 2 weeks if I’m lucky.

And they’re usually not valuable ones, most go for 1 or 2 gold which means they’re not very memorable. If I didn’t look through my ‘sold’ list on the TP every so often I’d forget I even had that many.

(The last 2 weeks I’ve had more, but that’s all been the Adventurer’s items from the chests in Dry Top so I’m not counting that as representative.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Simon.3106

Simon.3106

Reading through all your messages, I am wondering now if Magic Find really works. I actually haven’t gotten a single exotic for quite some time… over 2 months already. Perhaps because I’m always in WvW?

~Way of the Ranger~
Legendary Ranger, Simon

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Reading through all your messages, I am wondering now if Magic Find really works. I actually haven’t gotten a single exotic for quite some time… over 2 months already. Perhaps because I’m always in WvW?

Before account wide magic find I ran with zero magic find. Now I have ~130(something) magic find. Truthfully, while I do seem to be getting more rares, I haven’t noticed a difference in exotics from killing mobs (essentially close to zero). This suggests to me that the drop rate for exotics from drops is so low that magic find has to be very high, much higher than 130, to make a difference.

Posted by: Vakrir.4829

Vakrir.4829

I average 1 every 2 days.

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

If we’re not counting the ones you get from reward tracks which are account bound. (I also think they are rigged not to yeild any good forge drops ><!)

Maybe like… 1 every two weeks if I’m lucky?

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

When doing the QD champion train, 1 per 2-3 weeks.
After QD train was killed, doing other GW2 things, 0 sofar.

(edited by dagrdagaz.4913)

Posted by: CathShadow.9507

CathShadow.9507

1 every few months IF I’m lucky…

That said, I got a rabid stat ascended in drytop 2 weeks ago

Hounds of Hades [HH] – Contact us for raid training!