How many here are playing less? And why?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

Seems like everything is pigeonholed into doing fractals. Can’t even get a decent drops anywhere else so i’m feeling like i could take a break and continue again when/if the whole game isn’t about playing one silly dungeon for the best drops/loot and leave the rest of pve and wvw out to dry.

All is vain.

Posted by: Essarious Quw.8946

Essarious Quw.8946

1. I do and I don’t fully know why.

2. Just after Halloween ’cos I had a whole bunch more work to do IRL, but now that I have free time again I am not as enthused for some reason.

3. I honestly can’t put my finger on it. I know why I stopped playing WvW so much, I know why I abandoned going after a legendary, but I don’t know why instead of logging into GW2 I am doing other things like browsing the forums here.

I stopped playing WvW because I realised that the Invader Armour wasn’t a unique skin and it took away one of the motivations for playing my WvW pure, and also because I got sick and tired of the whining in map chat because of clipping issues.

I abandoned the quest for a Legendary because the gameplay to get the materials and the precursor and everything else I needed just wasn’t fun. Yeah I get that Legendary weapons should have Legendary requirements but I was expecting things more along the lines of “gather fire essence from the very heart of a volacano using a hazmat suit” or “bathe this catalyst in the heart blood of a mighty giant” or “take this reagent and shove it down a demon’s throat before stabbing them in the face”. Not… farm gold item drops obsessively for a month to buy a precursor then flip mats on the TP till you get everything you need to make something that immediately looses all it’s value when you equip it.

I’m not sure why I am not playing so much at the moment though. I like the new update, now that it’s been explained, Ascended Gear doesn’t make me feel like I absolutely need it, and although my friends play less I still have fun when I am online. -shrug-

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

My entire guild, which has been together for years (big fans of GW1) all pretty much decided, on our guild forums, to quit GW2. Most feel that ANet lied to them. None like the gear grind. None like being pigeonholed into dungeons. Most think the economy went from broken to destroyed. All think the game wasn’t ready for release. All are astounded that they dumped a bunch of broken Lost Shores content on us before fixing the game to begin with.

And all think that ANet doesn’t listen, doesn’t care, and doesn’t really want to get involved with the community.

Most believe that ANet panicked when the game started losing players because the content wasn’t finished, and was broken. So they released Lost Shores before IT was ready, and pulled a bad gear tier idea out of the blue. Now they’ve driven away their GW fanbase, too.

So GW2, something we anticipated eagerly for years, has really, really let us down. ANet won’t admit it, won’t try and fix it, and is completely ignoring their fans and community.

That’s why we don’t play anymore.

Posted by: Turkman.1089

Turkman.1089

I’m waiting a few weeks until the fractal-mania wears off and hopefully ANet introduces the promised adjustments so that the rest of the game is again equally rewarding and desirable to play.
Until then I’ll have a go at SWToR’s story mode again

Abaddon’s Mouth
Renth/Eirik
[DP] Diamond Pirates

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

GW2 has made me sick to my stomach. with the recent introduction of gear treadmill, WvW neglect, and disappointing mismanagement of spvp, i havent logged in for 3 weeks.

partly, it’s my fault. ive been waiting for the game for 4 years, so i invested about 600 hours in it since its release. so it could have been burnout in general. it’s week 3 now and i have even less desire to log in than before. sad to say, but im likely done with the game.

most of all though, like others, i feel like ive been lied to. i was under the impression that ANet would pay most attention to keeping the entire world alive, meaning they would make constant tweaks to all zones, adjust and add rewards, etc. instead, they chose to pander to the “waaah-there’s-no-endgame” babies by adding dungeon grind and a gear treadmill. all the while spvp has gone from bad to worse.

so in summary, i thought id be playing GW2 forever for its dynamic world (not dungeons), WvW (which has been neglected since release), and pvp (which has been horribly mismanaged). instead, i may be finished with the game just 3 months into its release. im back in dota2 for its superior and balanced pvp, and playing PS2 as it’s better than WvW in every possible way. havent looked back yet.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

(edited by nerva.7940)

Posted by: NastyPiggy.2046

NastyPiggy.2046

If xfire’s small sample size is any indication, this last big patch that introduced ascended gear and a grinding dungeon was very bad for keeping players in game.

http://beta.xfire.com/games/gw2

Right now Guild Wars 2 is barely holding on to the top 5 in hours per day for games(PC) on xfire, by next week Assassin’s Creed, Black Ops II and Diablo III may surpass it on a weekday basis.

There was a big bump in the live event weekend but since then it’s been a much quicker decline then the previous weeks, the after effects of these changes look to not be a positive thing for the population.

(edited by NastyPiggy.2046)

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

I’m playing a lot less than i did, at the moment i pretty much log in to do a quick daily run for the karma jug and that’s it. I hit Metrica for the different kills and mining in 1 chain (about 10 minutes) and then go strait to Cursed Shore for a single Plinx run for the 5 events and 60 kills (about 15/20 minutes).

I just don’t see the point right now due to the openworld loot nerf/bug, i don’t like dungeons so i don’t want to do FOTM just to get decent drops. Basically i don’t like the idea of playing for hours on end doing DEs etc and barely getting anything for it.

Soon as they un-nerf/fix openworld loot, i’ll be back full time.

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

Posted by: Ska.7943

Ska.7943

I play the game about as much, and these forums are as bad or possibly worse than Diablo III’s forums. Congratulations.

Fractals are great, Southsun Cove has the best farming in the game, and with world completion done and my alt complex out of the way I’ve found a new love for my main; I have been making at least 20g a week for the last two weeks, had a reason to actually use the mats I’ve been hoarding (quiver), and have been doing a lot more dungeons.

I guess the difference is I play the games I have, not pine for the imaginary games that others want.

(edited by Ska.7943)

Posted by: chuckandme.8753

chuckandme.8753

Stopped playing with 2 characters at level 26 when i realised that the game is all the very same from level 5 to lvl 80. I couldn’t motivate myself to level anymore.
That, plus
-how the state of classes/balance, traits/lines and classes’s bugs are handled is outright unprofessional and lacks any sense of direction. Period. But then, what do i expect from 2 people probably drowning in this overall mess.

-State of communication (or lack of) is borderline insulting to a customer.

-Farming DR (on top of GW2 being a grind heavy game) plus in case you actually try to farm a bit, loot is being crap and the same ALLOVER the place.

-Economy is non-existant except for crafting materials.

-basic mechanics like the condition systems don’t work out in the long run. (some conditions last like 1 sec or 1,3 secs specced…what!? is that even worth the processing power?)

Add to that discouraging respawn rates (with mobs falling into your back again as soon as you loot your 3rd kill) and you have me stop playing until ANet (“Under New Management”?) get their act together.

(edited by chuckandme.8753)

Posted by: DevonPaul.7495

DevonPaul.7495

Yes I am playing less, reasons;

1. Loot, doesn’t appear to be any. Being level 80, completed personal story, would like to set myself in a zone and plough away, day after day, to earn the gold for mats (or get the crafting materials myself) to explore new armour/rune combinations, but extremely poor loot percentages, just leave me (and my bags) empty

2. Have ascended gear (three rings) and back piece (cheapest book to make (Ancient Bone one)). Fractals have become a bore, and as I mainly Pug, the hangout of rude and offensive people, level 15 Frac Runner now, probably go to 20 and stop (maybe, I haven’t done one for a few days)

3. Poor quality level 80 zones, nothing interesting about them, Mobs are annoying, not difficult (Knock down, knock down, knock down, it just makes me go meh.)

4. Crafted 4 professions up to 400, now the price of materials has sky rocketed, it seems a waste to get 400 leatherworking (I am an elementalist), just for a few achievement points and the cost of many gold pieces

5. Tried to work on some Alts, but with 100% map completion on my main, all Jumpy jumpy things done etc…. It feels like a chore (personal opinion, I am sure some find it interesting)

6. I can only find one giant for that slayer achievement (if anyone knows of anymore, I would be grateful)

7. Achievement “farming” is now blocked due to so many players in Fractals.

there are many other reasons, but I just don’t feel I am progressing (No loot, no gold, a penniless hero, woop). To expensive to progress crafting. I have done some WvW (even swapped to a server that was getting owned, just to be the underdog), mindless zerg dominated by 1 or 2 classes

The new area appears to have ZERO story line……. Sorry I missed the event, my fault, I guess, playing a persistent online world, should have a place in my diary and make me choose between real life and “entertainment”

At the moment my main is parked outside a dungeon, which I will run everytime I go on (and find a group), until I have the full armour set and then I will move on to the next one – Thats my plan for the next month or so, if I can’t find a group in 30 minutes or so, will log off for the day

Posted by: astrocanis.3195

astrocanis.3195

Funny. I didn’t want to like this game. I loved the original GW when it was in Beta, but changes they made to the game prior to going live just left me cold.

I’m actually playing more. How people can get so bent out of shape about a few pieces of marginally better gear is beyond my ken. Truth is, I think the game will not suffer for gear increases as long as they are 1) marginal and 2) have significant tradeoffs.

I’m enjoying the game quite a bit. Guess that makes me flameworthy.

NastyPiggy.2046

Funny. I didn’t want to like this game. I loved the original GW when it was in Beta, but changes they made to the game prior to going live just left me cold.

I’m actually playing more. How people can get so bent out of shape about a few pieces of marginally better gear is beyond my ken. Truth is, I think the game will not suffer for gear increases as long as they are 1) marginal and 2) have significant tradeoffs.

It’s a great game. The ascended gear just poisoned it for me. I think if you didn’t follow it’s development and what it was suppose to be you’d find that this is a great game.

I have NO PROBLEM with people liking the game, like I said it’s a great game but I do take offense to the people who attack the people who are upset at the game for taking a different direction then what they’ve said they were going to do for YEARS. I believe people who have followed the development of the game do have a reason to gripe when there’s a pretty big change in the direction of the game, they didn’t just invest 60 dollars for a copy of the game, they invested a lot of time reading and believing what a company was saying about the development and direction of this certain product.

Posted by: astrocanis.3195

astrocanis.3195

Perhaps I just expect less. I take the “Game experience may change” disclaimer to be the most truthful and quotable statement by any company. So, while I confess that I can be very disappointed in a game (Rift and their severe nerfs to classes on a regular basis, for example), and I did follow this game closely because a lot of the areas they were gleeful about in terms of design, I believed would be disasters. In some cases, I was right (I think), but in many more, I was incorrect.

And, for some reason, I’m enjoying the game. I almost feel guilty about that.

It’s a great game. The ascended gear just poisoned it for me. I think if you didn’t follow it’s development and what it was suppose to be you’d find that this is a great game.

I have NO PROBLEM with people liking the game, like I said it’s a great game but I do take offense to the people who attack the people who are upset at the game for taking a different direction then what they’ve said they were going to do for YEARS. I believe people who have followed the development of the game do have a reason to gripe when there’s a pretty big change in the direction of the game, they didn’t just invest 60 dollars for a copy of the game, they invested a lot of time reading and believing what a company was saying about the development and direction of this certain product.

Posted by: Arysta.9530

Arysta.9530

1. Who here, still come to forums but play the game much less?

I stopped playing after the Lost Shores event, but still poke my head in to see if things have gotten better. Seems just the opposite.

2. When did you start playing less?

Lost Shores, but I basically was going to quit anyway. I figured if that event was fun the game would have some hope. It was the antithesis of fun, so I lost hope.

3. Why / What caused the decline in time spent?

Economy was a big factor. I like feeling like drops are worth something. I like feeling like I can farm things and make money. The only thing worth anything are prereqs which is no fun if you like to work the trading post.

I also felt that legendary weapons were 100% out of my grasp. All the gold and rare items you need are up in the nonsense levels. Getting 500 tokens from WvW seemed impossible. I’ve played WvW for what seems like a ton of hours, and only have like 50 tokens. Screw that.

Posted by: Ace.1726

Ace.1726

I see some people taking issues with Ascended gear, I dislike gear progression in MMOs but this really is a non issue because Ascended gear isn’t very powerful but more importantly it doesn’t stop you from experiencing content at all.

I’ve played a ridiculous amount of GW2, more than any game I’ve ever played and I’m still playing as much as ever.

GW2 is the only game I’ve played where I can just log in and play, normally it takes me a long time procrastinating until I get around to playing a game.

GW2 is still one of the most played games out there right now. Even with the launch of some very good titles.

(edited by Ace.1726)

Posted by: Nero.4706

Nero.4706

i got the all gear and weapon i wanted from dungeons. now i see no point in doing them anymore. nxt on my agenda is gettin a precursor ‘the lover’. however, there is no clear cut way of gettin it. ran heaps of fractals but didnt get anything useful. feeling a lack in progression…now i startin to lack the motivation to continue playing this game…

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

I play the game about as much, and these forums are as bad or possibly worse than Diablo III’s forums. Congratulations.

Fractals are great, Southsun Cove has the best farming in the game, and with world completion done and my alt complex out of the way I’ve found a new love for my main; I have been making at least 20g a week for the last two weeks, had a reason to actually use the mats I’ve been hoarding (quiver), and have been doing a lot more dungeons.

I guess the difference is I play the games I have, not pine for the imaginary games that others want.

I found the fractals the worst gaming experience I’ve had in many years. I have yet to see when the benefits will be available outside fractals, and I am disappointed that anet invested so much in a facet of the game that I personally abhor.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

1. Uninstalled game, still visit forums because I had great fun with the game while it lasted.

2. Lost shores ascended gear announcement, tried dungeon once then didn’t log in again, just wasn’t feeling it anymore.

3. Don’t really like the gear treadmill type of MMO. Better games out there that do the same thing if I wanted it.

For a game marketed as a PvP MMO this didn’t deliver, it has about the same quality or less PvP than WoW does and that’s not a good comparison to be making if you set out to make a PvP MMO.

NastyPiggy.2046

I see some people taking issues with Ascended gear, I dislike gear progression in MMOs but this really is a non issue because Ascended gear isn’t very powerful but more importantly it doesn’t stop you from experiencing content at all.

For someone who just found out about the game and decided to try it, sure, it’s not an issue. If you were following it’s development for multiple years because they talked about not wanting to be like other MMOs where you grind for stats, then there’s a problem for those people who wanted the game for what it was being billed as for YEARS.

It’s a great game, but what they did was poison the water for the people who waited years for this game and expected this to be their long term game.

I’m sorry, if your girlfriend(or boyfriend) was nearly perfect but then they told you they just now decided to become a stripper because they could make more money in their spare time… that may change how you feel being with that person(maybe not though).

Posted by: Czar Peter.7961

Czar Peter.7961

I’m still playing WvW as it’s great fun but I may quit if Anet introduces more and more ascended gear. Not because I’m against progression and hard-to-obtain gear but because it compromises PvP gameplay which is GW2’s main selling point for me. I had full obsidian armor in GW1 but I would not want it to give me any extra advantages in PvP because if I succeeded in PvP, I wouldn’t know if my success was attributed to better skill or just having better gear.

Engineer – Thief – Warrior

Posted by: Daevinia.9184

Daevinia.9184

raises hand .. since fractals it’s all gone to hell..

1. Loot drops are non-existent & there is no sense of reward for time spent.

2. Lag & skills not firing in wvwvw is killing even my enthusiasm for that.

3. LA is now just a fractals lobby & I hate dungeons..

4. GW2 was sold to me as ‘no grind’. Now even if I do grind there is no reward.

~ nothing is constant but change~

Currently: 3619 kills ~ all for Piken Square

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

I play only about half as often as before. The only thing there is to do is fractals, so I usually do one and log off.

I feel like ArenaNet destroyed the game I waited 7 years for and has replaced it with something unrecognizable to anyone that believed their design vision.

Posted by: Teep.5376

Teep.5376

1. That is me in a nutshell. I have pretty much stopped playing. Before Lost Shores, I would spend 3+ hours each night on GW2 since launch. I am just popping in to see if Anet has said anything about having more exclusive, one-time events (which I hate).

2. I stopped playing after Sunday of the Lost Shores event. I was annoyed that I missed out on loot and experience because I had family obligations.

3. I am not playing GW2 anymore because I do not invest time in games that do not respect my time and money. I consciously spend money on transactions partly to support Anet financially (and get more bank space). But, if they are only catering to people who are online at Friday and Sunday afternoons (Pacific Time) then I am not meant to experience these events and will move on. I am not rich in-game and a 20 slot bag and exotic earring just rubs salt in the wound as well. I wish Anet told us in advance that they were going to do these types of events. Had I known, I would not have bought the game at all.

Posted by: Ludacrits.3857

Ludacrits.3857

Seriously people, quite your kittening already. What is the problem with having to put in a little work to get a reward. Shall everything just be handed to you regardless of how little work you put in? If you play this game with any kind of regularity, ascended gear shouldn’t be an issue. I like to get my hands dirty and come out the other end feeling better for the effort. Socialism works like that. It sounds like a great idea until the people who work their kitten off get the same thing as those who do nothing. Then, the hard workers quite working cus why should they? I understand that some of you are pissed because you work so hard for something and then poof, its crap or can be had for much cheaper then next week. Ever drive a new car off the lot? Guess how much it’s worth now? Point is, people need something to work toward or they get bored and stop trying/playing. Quit looking for hand outs, pull up your sleeves and get your hands a little dirty. My only suggestion is to find a way for players to get the ascended gear through WvW because not everybody is into dungeon grinding AND since WvW is such a huge part of the game, it should be possible. A large percentage of you have blown this ascended gear thing WAY overboard. The stats aren’t even that much better anyway. If they do offer newer gear they can always nerf the criteria for the older stuff, making it easier to get to the new. They have to do something to keep people playing, unless you enjoy walking around Lions Arch listening to NPC’s and well, nothing.

Posted by: Shooopa.5632

Shooopa.5632

Seriously people, quite your kittening already. What is the problem with having to put in a little work to get a reward. Shall everything just be handed to you regardless of how little work you put in? If you play this game with any kind of regularity, ascended gear shouldn’t be an issue. I like to get my hands dirty and come out the other end feeling better for the effort. Socialism works like that. It sounds like a great idea until the people who work their kitten off get the same thing as those who do nothing. Then, the hard workers quite working cus why should they? I understand that some of you are pissed because you work so hard for something and then poof, its crap or can be had for much cheaper then next week. Ever drive a new car off the lot? Guess how much it’s worth now? Point is, people need something to work toward or they get bored and stop trying/playing. Quit looking for hand outs, pull up your sleeves and get your hands a little dirty. My only suggestion is to find a way for players to get the ascended gear through WvW because not everybody is into dungeon grinding AND since WvW is such a huge part of the game, it should be possible. A large percentage of you have blown this ascended gear thing WAY overboard. The stats aren’t even that much better anyway. If they do offer newer gear they can always nerf the criteria for the older stuff, making it easier to get to the new. They have to do something to keep people playing, unless you enjoy walking around Lions Arch listening to NPC’s and well, nothing.

How about they make some incentive for higher level players to revisit zones instead of just farming Fractals like bots?

Oh wait, sorry. You’re just here to miss the point. My fault.

User will be infracted for this post.

Ludacrits.3857

I do not deny the fact that this games so called end game leaves a lot to be desired. I’m trying to remember what wow had in the first few months after launch, oh ya, pretty much nothing. Give them a chance for christ’s sake. As I previously stated, there needs to be something else besides farming the same boring kitten dungeon. That much I agree on, but there is a larger majority here that doesn’t think that anyone, should ever have to work for gear in this game period. That is what I have a problem with. You get what you put in, in life, and this game should be no different. If you feel like it is a waste of your time, I am sure there are far more productive things you could be doing with your time. I find the game enjoying, and I enjoy working toward a goal. Must be this newer generation of spoiled kids who have to have everything handed to them on a silver platter or it’s just not fun.

Posted by: LOCO.1785

LOCO.1785

Are you playing less? Yes

Why? 16th Nov patch

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I am still playing this game a ton. ArenaNet has put a ton of content in and I love it. I don’t think I would be on these forums if I didn’t. If I was playing a different game, I would be on those forums not these.

Also: ArenaNet didn’t break their promises. Those of us that don’t want gear progression can still play the Fractals. I don’t care to get to “X” level of the Fractals. Why? Because they are raising the level cap just like they ALWAYS said they were going to and the gear that people are getting in there will be obsolete when that happens. Why grind for gear in a game that doesn’t require it? It’s in there for people that want the illusion necessary gear progression, and the content is there for people who don’t care. Who doesn’t care about gear progression? Me.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

I’m playing less because many of my friends are playing less. They’re playing less because many dynamic events have a tendency to break down within days (if not hours) of a server reset, which makes for very dull and repetitive game world when only a handful of dynamic events remain available in any given zone most of the time.

Less fun = less logging in.

Ludacrits.3857

I’m playing less because many of my friends are playing less. They’re playing less because many dynamic events have a tendency to break down within days (if not hours) of a server reset, which makes for very dull and repetitive game world when only a handful of dynamic events remain available in any given zone most of the time.

I think a lot of people are harshly judging because they have come from World of Warcraft, which to be fair, has had years to fix past mistakes, make improvements and, despite years of development, still manage to screw things up. When wow finally introduced raid finder, my initial reaction was, why the hell did it take them 5 years to realize this was a good idea. I think Anet should implement something similar to be honest, its just that good of an idea. Point is, the game has barely been out, you can’t expect perfection in 3 months, mistakes will be made, failures will be admitted (hopefully) and the game will continue to thrive.

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

Sorry if i answered already. i was hoping i could add to my post if i had one, but i thought i would just make a new rely, instead.

i come to forums to see if there’s any new new items about state of game stuff, or fixes. read gem store opinions, and try to contribute to cultural forums

when the bots started going away, because i think DR is still bad, or even worse now without them (can’t confirm, just making money the same way i was before is not as great anymore).

dungeons are the possible “new” endgame, and i find them too difficult for my simple mind. i play hours and hours over the weekends, but never really get good enough for higher-level things, where everyone else is playing.

i do not feel powerful enough to go and replay content @ lv80, or help more players, because i feel like i would let them down instead of being helpful. i dream of the day i can afford certain items to get me up to snuff/par with the rest of the dungeoneers, and other elite player base. still chasing that dream. my ele has what i think is good armor, but dungeons and the associated player base still scare me. i am scared to play dungeons, overall.

i do dailies now and then spend 2 hours/night looking for action to just take part in, then i go to bed. if i pull an all-nighter, i run around the zone aimlessly looking at trees and wildlife, and trying to talk with guild or people, which doesn’t usually happen much. i try to res players in lower zones, or some nights i just go anti-social and not help a soul.

dungeon elitism, because that is the area i feel like i could have or add some more variety. but i cannot find groups because i am a dungeon noob. originally did not want to level 2 more characters, but did hoping the “variety factor” would keep me busy. it did not after both characters hit level 23 and 35. then it was a lonely leveling process through repeated content until both were lv80.

heart objectives are the same every play-through. their locations don’t vary, the NPCs are the same, and say the same things. they are auto rewarding fetch and kill quests, with zone-appropriate gear (i think appropriate). same with dynamic events. i think that after doing a few repeatedly, they just seem like they are some kind of rotation timer, which isn’t really dynamic, unless it breaks halfway or after 3 waves of enemies. even the dragon events there’s an internet timer, i heard in chat last night at jormag and blazeridge (shatterer).

time spent on ranger has been shelved unless i am in a party, because players assumed i was a bot while leveling from 35-80 a few times. i am now paranoid to play my ranger, and i am now trying to figure out how to get max armor by not using TP, and going through the world to get it. i am scared to play my ranger.

i sometimes go back to Orr, but since i have done most of the events hundreds of times already, after breaking from that area and coming, back, i lost the willpower to do anything there anymore. when doing dailies, the karma i get goes to guardian, so that maybe one day when melandru’s temple is uncontested, i might have enough karma to complete my dream set for it. then i can think about branching with my guardian some more.

i would work on achievements for my slayer titles (kill 1,000 of somethings) but i feel like it’s going to lead to problems when i start camping in spots to kill say, bats or harpies. i don’t want to be pinned for botting by agitated or otherwise profiling players who think i am encroaching on their “favorite” hot-spots out in the world just to make a buck.

i tired to enter WvW once, but it said all the portals were full, so i stopped trying (mentioned earlier in forums, somewhere). and i am the kind of player that would rather play WITH others then against them, if given the choice. but pve seems easy to solo (as it stands) with the right skill level, and the enemies are consistent enough for me to learn BASIC patterns (because i am simple-minded, after all)

(edited by rgrwng.4072)

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

I think a lot of people are harshly judging because they have come from World of Warcraft, which to be fair, has had years to fix past mistakes, make improvements and, despite years of development, still manage to screw things up. When wow finally introduced raid finder, my initial reaction was, why the hell did it take them 5 years to realize this was a good idea. I think Anet should implement something similar to be honest, its just that good of an idea. Point is, the game has barely been out, you can’t expect perfection in 3 months, mistakes will be made, failures will be admitted (hopefully) and the game will continue to thrive.

I feel they’ve had enough time at this point to resolve this particular issue, and can no longer fault friends and other players for leaving over it.

Dynamic events are the primary form of PvE content players are expected to level up on. The fact that these events are still problematic and breaking down on a massive scale three months after launch has reached a point of no longer being understandable to many players. Myself included.

This was something that needed to be fixed with urgency.. like the “we can’t launch the game until this bug is squashed” type of urgency, not the current casual pace where it’s stretching out into months with zero signs of improvement. Whatever their current method for attacking this problem is, it’s not working. I feel fair in saying that because we are nearing 100 days now and dynamic events continue to break down without fail. If anyone doesn’t think this has reached the point of being silly, I would love to hear what that “number of days” has to be before you also label the progress on this particular problem as “ridiculous”.

I would love to be “it’s all good” about this, but the fact is this problem more than any other has caused my friends and guild members to move away from this game. So, it’s not “all good”.

If I seem to be directing frustration at the person I quoted, I’m not. I am, however, directing it at the problem and the continued failure to resolve it.

(edited by Edge.4180)

Posted by: kineticdamage.6279

kineticdamage.6279

I cannot find the will to play more than an hour per week now, if not less.
And now I won’t even come back to the forum until there’s an AMA about class mechanics future.

Combat is clearly too simplistic.
I don’t give a single kitten about gear superiority, or grind, as long as the way I’m reaching it is not boring. Which is not the case currently.

(but I’m rather keeping more hope in ANet than other studios for making it evolve quickly to interesting grounds)

(edited by kineticdamage.6279)

Posted by: Vorsakan.8259

Vorsakan.8259

I am playing rather less, for a fairly simple reason – there’s very little end-game content for solo & duo players.

The open world itself is very impressive and it was a lot of fun to play through, but there’s only Frostgorge Sound and Orr (I’m counting those zones as 1 big homogeneous map) to play in at L80 with any eye to productivity – and there’s no loot lottery to speak of, since the 3 solo end-game sets (1 craft, 1 karma, 1 loot) are quite readily available then everything else is restricted to 5 person content or insane Mystic Forge recipe grinds.

As someone who doesn’t enjoy teaming beyond the minimum (seeing every story mode & fractal map) and certainly wouldn’t make it the focus of my gaming, there’s really nothing to aim for between events beyond amassing materials & currencies in the hopes of future content – that isn’t very compelling day after day.

It’s also in the back of my mind that karma, ectoplasm & orichalcum won’t feature for any end-game rewards in the future anyway – because they are so readily available people would simply buy them the minute the rewards went live – so I don’t really think there’s any great point to end-game solo play besides watching my bank balance rise…
(money being the only constant resource)

If there’s ever Celestial attribute loot, level 85 gear or what-not I expect there’ll simply be a corresponding new token/drop/node (e.g. admantium ore) to start chasing anew – in which case there’s not really any difference between ‘building up’ my character/account now and simply dropping the game to pick it up again when there’s new content.

Posted by: Kurakura.7281

Kurakura.7281

I played GW1 for over 6000 hours. I quit GW2 after 100 hours… BWE playing time included….

There is simply nothing fun, new, exciting to do…

Posted by: Theplayboy.6417

Theplayboy.6417

I really like this post. I have to admit I’m a huge fan boy of Guild Wars and the game but I do feel completely betrayed by the “Gear Grind” direction they’ve decided to go in. I know that everything I’ve worked towards is all just going to go away and be useless at some point in the future. I don’t want to grind for a Legendary or for ascended gear. Yet that’s the only way to get max stat items. I understand that Exotic items are currently on par with Legendary items but they soon won’t be. In time every weapon, every dungeon run, every piece of armor you’ve purchased or created, every chest drop and dragon loot spawn is all going to be useless vendor trash.

Maximum stat items with zero grind with a super fun game to play is what I bought into. Guild Wars 1 was that game for me and I never grinded for anything. I explored and had fun and was rewarded for it. I PvP’d endlessly and was rewarded for it. I had great times in that game. I now feel like I’m playing Lotro 2. This unacceptable and not okay. I do love this game and I will continue to play in my free time but I’m seriously considering splitting my video game time between all the games I want to play such as PlantSide 2, AC3, CoD: BO2, etc…. There are a lot of great games out that I’m missing because I spend all my available video game time in Tyria. If I make the decision to leave I know that if I decide to come back I will not be at the same level as my peers and that I will be so far behind that I will never be able to catch up.

(edited by Theplayboy.6417)

Posted by: Aurorablue.5163

Aurorablue.5163

I stopped playing, but always check the forums every morning to see if anything has changed or improved.

After lost shores event.

I was sick of limited one time events that Iam not able to participate in as they happen at 4am my time, they should not exclude anyone in what is considered a global game. I get the impression Anet don’t care about customers they lie, lack communication and don’t show that they are improving the game in anyway. The game is still full of buggy broken events.

Posted by: Sui.2586

Sui.2586

Further to my previous post in this thread, I have now somewhat revised my opinion and reasons for no longer being the active GW2 player I was a month ago.

I no longer believe that ANet is in sole control of its’ own or GW2s’ destiny. And that Nexons’ 14.7% majority shareholding in ANets’ parent company NCSoft, is wholly responsible for the notable change of direction.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/06/08/nexon-invests-6-8m-in-ncsoft-becomes-largest-shareholder/

Majority shareholders may not have outright control of a companies day to day operations but they do exert significant influence in the boardroom and can be almost guaranteed a place on the board.

Without too much guesswork, it seems understandable that Nexon are looking to make a substantial return on their $687 million dollar investment. Who wouldn’t?

There is enough evidence to suggest that;

Guild Wars 2 was released earlier than ANet had originally intended because of Nexon pressure to recoup some of their substantial investment in NCSoft as quickly as possible. Ready or not!

The ANet design philosophy (as per the original manifesto) of horizontal progression, no gear grind etc. is not in keeping with the Nexon profitable business model of F2P, P2W, grind based gaming.

Now, for the more speculative part of my post.

Diminishing loot drops (despite claims to the contrary), more grind, vertical progression, expanded gem store, the seeming abandonment of the ANet manifesto within months of launch etc. all point to the Nexon influence in the boardroom having prevailed as the new corporate philosophy within NCSoft and ANet.

He, who pays the piper, calls the tune!

“Puts on tinfoil hat " ^^ This ^^

The game is going down the same street that Warhammer and SW-TOR did.

God forbid they actually listen to their player base. They are to busy listening to suits from NCSoft / Nexon.

Generation Gaming
Isle of Janthir

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

I’m logging in less and less. I skipped the Lost Shores “event” and now I’m actually angry at the loot nerf specifically the unid dyes. I think Anet drank the Kool Aid of the monetization monkeys and is gunning for gem sales, so whatever. If they don’t back off of the nerfs, I won’t buy expansions, and will just move on.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: Backward Sass.6791

Backward Sass.6791

I’m playing less now because I’m gainfully employed.

We’ll see about how much playing I’ll be doing on Christmas break.
Hint: A lot.

Posted by: Volomon.9147

Volomon.9147

I’ve pretty much quit playing.

I might pick it back up when it gets closer to Wintersday. The reason I’ve quit is I’ve already have two 80s, not sure if I want to work on another three I might. Seems like when I hit 80 with my characters though I feel like I’m forced to grind to get their exotics, and that just puts me off almost immediately.

I think the sense of progression in this game is ultimately been ruined. GW1 had an amazing number of skills, a great capture system and a much wider variety of combat.

GW2 the combat progression is defined by how much instant kills and control abilities a mob has. I miss messing with all those skills and with all the dieing as everyone can attest to in the lovely Lost Shore event. I’m starting to miss the Trinity.

Posted by: sixfeetunder.6508

sixfeetunder.6508

i havent played in over 3 weeks and here is why.

Long before lostshores was even talked about i was busy pimping my warrior out in exotics until i got bored of doing that so he sits at like 80% done then i finished my ranger from 60-80 and once i got her to 80 i was like meh this is dumb.

Then i went onto elem and had a blast from 1-80 and along the way i was getting my dailie karma jugs. Once i got to 80 lost shores was coming on in a couple days so id figure id hit cursed for some grinding. Nope not gona happen cuase its empty with the nerfs they did to timers and to make it worse every stupid wp was constested.

Then lost shores hit and day 1 into the event i get home from work have a beer relax then log on and only short lived to log out due to yet another event thats bugged in the endless list of bugs on this game. So the entire weekend i barely logged in and to make it worse the patches they did caused me to lag realy bad.

Havent played the game since and wont be back because ive seen the trend this game is heading towards and dont want anypart of it. Devs are getting greedy with each patch they do and dont give 2kittenabout fixing things that realy need to be worked on. Already went through that with blizzard.

Posted by: dissonance.1673

dissonance.1673

I only log in now to help my server in WvW. Seeing that’s all a Mesmer is really good for.

I understand that Mesmers were “oh so godly” in pvp (still pretty good), but it feels like a nerf every patch. Every. Patch. That’s totally demoralizing for someone who mains one. Doesn’t help that all these nerfs feel like Anet is blindly throwing the darts at the board: “Are they not OP yet? Oh well then let’s nerf this next”.

Even worse is how much these nerfs hurt the PVE aspect of things. More than half the stuff nerfed did almost NOTHING to my pvp capabilities. Except for this last one allowing illusions to be blocked/dodged/blinded etc. (when so many abilities rely on illusions being up ~_~). Oh and the “accidental” GS nerf. Which I have no idea how long it’ll take for that to be fixed, if at all.

Balance is good, but how many more times do I have to retool my Mesmer (which, btw, entails a lot more than reforming traits)?

I don’t even want to get into the bugs…

Lumière Noire – Argo – 80 Mesmer
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Aoshi.4785

Aoshi.4785

I was playing less because of FPS issues. No help from the devs, and the tech support forums seem to be ran by 3 or 4 players (which, imho, is very cool, but sad on Anets part) who are doing an amazing job on helping us out.

I rolled my OS back from 8 to 7 pro 64bit, and my fps is back up in the 100’s, no lag whatsoever and even in wVw I am getting steady 50’s.

So yeah, I’m playing more now ^__^

Posted by: Metafrank.9017

Metafrank.9017

Doing 1 run of lvl 10 fractals + PvE dailies nowadays, then quit the game (Hoping for a ring, but not getting any since about 10 days or so).

Ascended gear made everything else feel completely without value to me.

The Spirit of Guild Wars
† November 16th, 2012

Posted by: Aerwyna.2541

Aerwyna.2541

I havent been playing because of health reasons, but now I am gravy and will play until I die.

Renoria Blackheart loves her kitty Kronos. <3
Proud member of the Blackgate community.

Posted by: sixfeetunder.6508

sixfeetunder.6508

actualy i just gave away my account to a guild mate and deleted this trash.

Posted by: nysta.6713

nysta.6713

stopped playing after seeing the introduction of endgame grind. i’ve purposely been taking it slow to reach 80. was enjoying the ride. now, i feel the opposite of those who said there was “nothing to do at endgame” in that now i feel i’m playing a game with the hope of grinding just to be able to get into those dungeons or pvp.

so i pretty much stopped. playing the game of wait and see to see if anet do a big rethink on this one. but if they’re going to turn gw2 into another wow-clone in regard to endgame, i’ll just log and wait for the next game which might decide the fun is more important than the grind. and that all players should be welcomed to all the content. not be gated out so a few can have some kind of bragging right.

the whole concept, for me, of mmo is that it encourages a multitude of playstyles without punishing you for it. aesthetic items to grind for was the perfect solution to those who love to grind these things.

this solution is just sad.

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

bad WoW clone is bad. and a giant fcuk you to the moderators.

Yes it is a poor wow clone now. Dont hate on the mods they are just doing what they are told. It is the management that deserve the pitchforks here. Front line staff dont get paid or deserve the crap they get. I am now in management and enjoy watching lemmings get it lol.

Posted by: Orissa.1872

Orissa.1872

After the Lost Shores update I’m doing usually daily, eventually trying to level alts a little, then leaving. My guild is nearly disbaned, everyone left soon after this update, the only remaining person is only interested in fractals. I wanted to farm some dungeons, since the rewards are greatly increased, but it’s dead feature of this game now. I never liked WvW, sPvP isn’t magnetic like MOBA games, open world became plain boring

DR left after bot invasion is killing my RPG hobby, crafting. I was collecting all materials since the game launch and it was enough for maxing only 5 disciplines so far. Guess for crafting I’ll go back to Loki, at least there’s nice gear customization

The game lore and universe… Except for few zones, I can’t really feel it. Sure, we got dynamic enviroment, tons of lore-related NPCs and events, but still, something’s missing here. Shiverpeak and Ascalon feel empty, Kryta is just too normal, Maguuma is polluted by sylvari plague, nothing purely asuran left, and asura are the only race with soul here
Dark jumping puzzles/dungeons are for children, they’re not as half creepy as open terrains in Diablo II or Darkeden (which are pretty old, 1997-2001), not talking about dungeons in both of those games. It’s not that we need some gore scenes to make it creepy, it’s about lights, dirty/old/rusty enviroment, some little accesories, specific ambients and noises. Graphic filter used in occupied areas (mostly in Orr) would be also nice for dark places

What I really dislike about this game is same music everywhere, all the time. Every other game I’ve played (either single or MMO) had specific tracks bound to places and events, it was creating unique climate for every location. It was motivating me to come back to some low level zones, just to enjoy the soundtrack (tho I could easily extract it from the game files) and mostly enviroment as well. Here we’ve got possibility to create our own playlists, but for me it’s not working (tried few times), also it’s not bound to places but general situations. So, no matter what, I can’t even try to create a very custom soundtrack