How many of you been brought by Angry Joe?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tomer.4098

Tomer.4098

This guy’s review literally doubled the amount of players in this game

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

you mean his review pf the game like 3 years ago?

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

´Not only doubled! I guess 99,99% of all players only here cause of Angry Joe . Maybe its even 99,99999%

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

´Not only doubled! I guess 99,99% of all players only here cause of Angry Joe . Maybe its even 99,99999%

It’s not that low. I saw an official estimate of 99.999999999% of players came over because of him. Unfortunately the Internet ate that quote so I can’t show it to you.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Exxcalibur.6203

Exxcalibur.6203

Bwhahaha..no.

Only decent review I saw on this was:

“Skritt, I’m hit!"

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

GW2 made me aware of Angry Joe… does that count?

Posted by: Tasida.4085

Tasida.4085

Never heard of em tbh. But I’ve been around in GW’s since 2005 guess that’s why. And I never follow the reviews of anyone outside circle of friends on great games anyway. GAME ON

Noble Dragons (NOBL) rocking GW’s since 2005 now rocking the Sorrow’s Furnace Server!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Angry Joe wasn’t on my radar at all until his Guild Wars 2 review. I wonder how many people found out about Angry Joe by following Guild Wars 2.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Yeah, his review was pretty convincing to be honest. A friend tried to get me into GW2 for a while but that Angry Joe review really sealed the deal. Didn’t quite live up to the hype but I’m glad I joined.

Posted by: Miss Lana Too.5794

Miss Lana Too.5794

I started playing gw2 because of gw1.

I learned about Angry Joe from his review of Fable 3 (which I feel is completely true). Then I learned he did a gw2 review. His raging at Fable 3 will always be my favourite.

45 characters, 20 level 80s, 11 impersonal story completions and counting.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I played GW2 because of the awesome Beta I played of Guild Wars I played 10 years ago. And I played Guild Wars daily till the launch of GW2. I play GW1 at least once a week. So it was GW1 that got me to play GW2. some you tube “star” did not.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Takoyakii.2146

Takoyakii.2146

To be honest, 30% of my reason to play this game because of his review.

He’s really good at hype things up .

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

Will see what angry joe will say about Gw2 HOT.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Angry Joe wasn’t on my radar at all until his Guild Wars 2 review. I wonder how many people found out about Angry Joe by following Guild Wars 2.

Puts hand up

I found out about him after playing GW2. Basically just after they launched the game I entered in “GW2 review” or something into google to see what other people thought of the game. I watched his video and thought “wow this guy has it spot on”. You can be sure if anything it only enforced my view of the game and kept me going even tho we were having teething issues at the time (no working TP etc).

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Same, seems to be a typical game locust, never felt the need to find out more.

Posted by: DavidGX.7240

DavidGX.7240

Angry Joe couldn’t bring me to water if he dropped me in the ocean. Forget him. I started playing because of official info and playing the beta.

“Those who go mad are merely thoughtful souls who failed to reach any conclusions.”

Posted by: Rinn.2375

Rinn.2375

Who is this Angry Joe guy? Is he in a POI i missed?

Ad astra per asperas

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Angry joe got almost the same taste and opinion like me if it comes to games so i usually watch his reviews before i buy a game, saves me money and frustration if it blows…or if it just seems i might like it and its not what i expected. As for gw2 though.. gw1 brought me here. Played that game for quite a long time and eventually stopped cause of work and other things going on. Bout 2 years ago i decided that its time for me to dive back into the gw universe….and here i am…still going strong, bitter and very frustrated at days cause of certain issues a-net doesnt care about and things a-net does… but still there.. waiting for HoT…

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

I’m probably some kind of weird person for thinking for myself, but I came here after hearing that “Guild Wars 2” was the name of a game, checking out the gameplay on youtube, and liking it.

Its not as modern a approach as “doing something because someone says so”, but I feel it has a certain old-world smartness to it that is just lacking in the world today.

c:

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

why is this relevant?

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Posted by: Ragmon.6350

Ragmon.6350

Its more like, most people playing GW2 today played GW1. Then another good portion play due to those players telling their friends. And some other part is from reviews and YT personalities.

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

Who is this Angry Joe guy? Is he in a POI i missed?

Angry Joe is a popular Youtuber who primarily focuses on game reviews of all platforms. He is well known for giving a straight forward no BS reviews of a game, and rates it. He also tell consumers if it is worth the price to buy. He also does some funny satire, skits in his videos

Joe played a lot of MMO’s and gave GW2 a 10/10 with his seal of approval back at launch. What is funny is if a game sucks or has aspects of the game that suck he will let you know and does not hold back “hence why he is known for being angry at times” He also reviews horrible games and tears them to shreds. He has a healthly amount of viewers so his opinions weigh heavy with the community. I know he has saved me some money in the past on some games I was on the fence on. I watched Joe since around 2011-2012

His Guild Wars 2 review has over 3 million views and over 69k likes.

(edited by Linfang.1087)

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

No,i ’m able to make my own decisions without some reviewer telling me to Go Buy This Game.I bought gw2 based on my own experience i had with gw1.

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Never heard of him? I bought gw2 because I played gw1.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

No,i ’m able to make my own decisions without some reviewer telling me to Go Buy This Game.I bought gw2 based on my own experience i had with gw1.

but but but its chuck norris äääh angry joe!!!

Posted by: Jan nD.9453

Jan nD.9453

I wasn’t really into MMO and I used to think that every MMO has the same formula.
Watching his review of GW2 convinced me that I was wrong and I finally decided to get this game.

2 words: worth it

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

Well, not me. I started with GW2 because a friend (that came from GW1) talked about the game (and how the game kills his graphics card) and I took a look at GW2 and I liked it.

Will see what angry joe will say about Gw2 HOT.

It is not important for me what he and other reviewers will say. I already bought HoT, so I can see by myself what I like and what I dislike.

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

I liked his review, but I was a fan of Arena Net and Guild Wars long before it. I have been playing since the start of Guild Wars 1.

Joe gets very excited about games, but I find he has little attention span and quickly runs off to hype the next thing that interests him. I have vague memories of him getting fairly excited about Elder Scrolls Online and we all know how bad that game turned out.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

Dangerous strategy I think, we’ve seen how totally different games can be from their predecessors, I never played GW1 but I’ve heard so many negative things about GW2 in comparison from those who have.

I’m more than happy to hear reviews from others in regards to something, you get a flavour of a reviewers likes and dislikes and you can see if they match yours. “Oh, he’s like MMOs, he likes this this and this, I also do, he doesn’t like this and neither do I”.

I never pre-order a game no matter how excited I am for it as you just don’t know what you’re getting until you’ve seen it in action. My GOTY and now Fave of all time The Witcher 3 had me crazy excited but I waited until the reviews to make sure I knew I was getting the product I deserve for my money.

We need to keep ourselves safe as consumers, pre-ordering is getting crazy, just look at what’s happened to Deus Ex! and people think Pre-ordering HoT doesn’t have an effect in the industry lol

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

I liked his review, but I was a fan of Arena Net and Guild Wars long before it. I have been playing since the start of Guild Wars 1.

Joe gets very excited about games, but I find he has little attention span and quickly runs off to hype the next thing that interests him. I have vague memories of him getting fairly excited about Elder Scrolls Online and we all know how bad that game turned out.

He gave ESO a 5/10. I wouldn’t call that fairly excited.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I don’t know. Who is that Angry Joe, by the way?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

eisberg.2379

lol at all these people pretending to not know who Angry Joe is. I find that when ever someone makes a thread like this about a Youtuber on any forum, that anybody who comes to the thread to say “Who is this person”, or some other remarks in the same vain of “Angry Joes, is that a POI” actually know who that Youtuber is.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I don’t know. Who is that Angry Joe, by the way?

I think it’s like a Sloppy Joe with jalapenos?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

lol at all these people pretending to not know who Angry Joe is. I find that when ever someone makes a thread like this about a Youtuber on any forum, that anybody who comes to the thread to say “Who is this person”, or some other remarks in the same vain of “Angry Joes, is that a POI” actually know who that Youtuber is.

Maybe it’s because I’m older, but I really didn’t know. I don’t really hang out on Twitch and I don’t really do You tube much. I tend to read print instead of video. Videos take more time than scanning a written review.

Posted by: Mesada.1723

Mesada.1723

Must admit I bought the game After his review. If I remember correctly the review was like forty minutes of my life . His Review was accurate imho

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I’m not pretending.

I don’t follow those people with dumb pseudonyms.

The closest I come to that is checking out Dulfy’s site, because it’s actually informative instead of farming views for lulz or spiteful criticism.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

He gave ESO a 5/10. I wouldn’t call that fairly excited.

The difference between his review after release and his opinions coming up to release. If I remember right he moved his entire Angry Army over to ESO thinking it would be great, it was not. My point still stands, he is fairly trustworthy but some times gets a bit too excited about a game.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Mesada.1723

Mesada.1723

Hillarious when he loses the plot in PvP ordering the Angry Army to charge so funny

Posted by: Lantesh.7680

Lantesh.7680

I can admit it, his review is what made me buy the game. I never played GW1 and never cared for it. I was on the fence about trying this out when it went on sale a while back for $10. I watched his review and then promptly threw that money at my screen. So yeah, I’m here because of him. :x

Posted by: StrangerDanger.3496

StrangerDanger.3496

I dunno not a big fan of angry joe. He usually puts out stuff for games that are highly hyped and sensationalizes the general opinion the majority of people have, rather than really digging deep and bucking the popular opinion.

For instance, he hated ESO and pretty much tore it a new one. I agreed with him initially with that game, it was akward to get into, didn’t seem like a TES game. However once I got past the “tutorial” mini instance and got into the story, I quickly forgot that it was a mmorpg with mmorpg combat rather than an TES game.

I actually really loved that game as a TES experience, glad I stuck with it…though for long term play…it was like SWTOR, good story and leveling up experience, endgame was so standard issue. But it actually turned out that the early game awkwardness wasn’t the game at all, and watching that guys review, seemed like he just didn’t bother once his subscribers went all kitten y “we over hyped the game and it didn’t live up to expectations” which is sort of a pet peeve of mine when mmorpg’ers do this then get mad about it.

Theres a few other games I remember watching him review and I was just like “did this guy do an online poll as to what his reaction to the game should be? Doesn’t he really do anything else other than megaphone the already established opinion?”

eisberg.2379

Maybe it’s because I’m older, but I really didn’t know. I don’t really hang out on Twitch and I don’t really do You tube much. I tend to read print instead of video. Videos take more time than scanning a written review.

let me ask you this? If you didn’t know who Angry Joe is prior to this thread, would you have come onto this thread just to say “Who is Angry Joe?” or would you have done what any reasonable person who truly does not know who someone is and web search the name? I know I take the reasonable route, and just look up the name to find out who someone is. People kittenpond with “Who is XXXX” in threads like this already know who that person is, they just do not like the person for what ever reason and trying to devalue their popularity.

eisberg.2379

I’m not pretending.

I don’t follow those people with dumb pseudonyms.

The closest I come to that is checking out Dulfy’s site, because it’s actually informative instead of farming views for lulz or spiteful criticism.

This is your first post in this thread and it was in response to my post, so when I made my post I wasn’t talking about you.

With that being said, given the content of your post, I am pretty sure you know who Angry Joe is.

Posted by: Tomer.4098

Tomer.4098

or, how about, you special snowflake, watch a reviewer you trust before you buy a game, cause as a person like me, who don’t spend much (100$ MAX on gaming a year, and even that is rare) I will not buy 60$ game based on few mere gameplays

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

No Angry Joe did not cause me to buy GW2. GW1 caused me to buy GW2 and yes they are different games. I knew that going into it. I actually read what would be different and stuff. I had no clue who Angry Joe was until I searched for reviews and found that one. I showed it to both my sons and that plus me hyping it up got them playing with us.

See they did not just want to take their mom’s word for how the game would be they needed to hear more than me talking about it. They still play off and on but with real life it’s sometimes a little hard to get all of us together playing at once. 2 birthday’s ago I had the best present a gamer could have —- I got to play all day (about 14 hrs) with not only my husband but both our boys even while they were in different states. The granddaughter even got on daddy’s account for a little while to play with grandma …. good times that are hard to coordinate when everyone lives in different states and time zones.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I didn’t even know who Angry Joe was until after the game came out. I did like his review once I watched it, but I can’t say I’ve watched any other of his videos since then. :\

I got GW2 because I played GW1, and then I enjoyed the GW2 beta events.

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

Played all of GW1 expansions, so GW1 made me want to play GW2.

Here is an interview, with Angry Joe and Colin Johanson that made me cringe at 7.55—8.10 (enough said>>).

Posted by: Artorius.6178

Artorius.6178

While I know who AngryJoe is, hell, I watch his videos on a daily basis, he actually wasn’t the reason I got the game, I needed a new MMO, was tired of TERA, STO and SWTOR, and knew I wouldn’t have much money to throw at a F2P title, so I got GW2 HoT instead, which off course came with base GW2 included.

Luciana Aventius – Ranger – Gandara

Posted by: Countess Aire.9410

Countess Aire.9410

I didn’t even know who Angry Joe was until after the game came out. I did like his review once I watched it, but I can’t say I’ve watched any other of his videos since then. :\

I got GW2 because I played GW1, and then I enjoyed the GW2 beta events.

I was already to play before I saw his review. Beside he stated he hasn’t played for a long time. His Angry army is active but he is not.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

You got the data backwards. His GW2 review literally doubled the number of GW2 players that follow him.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

eisberg.2379

Played all of GW1 expansions, so GW1 made me want to play GW2.

Here is an interview, with Angry Joe and Colin Johanson that made me cringe at 7.55—8.10 (enough said>>).

What made you cringe about that? It was Joe asking a very valid question. Joe isn’t the only one that felt Zhatain fight was anti climatic, it was actually a common negative critique about this game.