How many of you have 100% map completion?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Laurelinde.4395

Laurelinde.4395

4 characters, 3 80s, 2 map completions.

Laurelinde & Cookie/Beorna Bearheart
[TWG] – Gunnar’s Hold
Always remember Wheaton’s Law

Posted by: Voreo Sabrae.5416

Voreo Sabrae.5416

6 characters, 2 80s , 1 map completion
2 lazy

Rawr?

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

9 toons
4 level 80
Only my main has world completion because I only needed it on one.

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

8 characters
8 level 80
2 World Completions, 1 other at 50%

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

7 Characters.
5 80’s
62% completion is my highest.

I have no reason to get 100% because I don’t enjoy it, and I can’t see myself getting the money or obtaining the patience for a legendary anytime soon.

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

8 characters
8 level 80
0 have 100% because i don’t like to complete Hearts and PoIs, but 3 of them have all WPs, SPs and Vistas.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

11 characters, 2 MCs, deleted my gifts of exp since none of the Legendaries as much as raises an eyebrow with me.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

11 characters, 2 MCs, deleted my gifts of exp since none of the Legendaries as much as raises an eyebrow with me.

Meh, I don’t really like the current legendaries either, but I still keep my gifts because you never know when they might release new skins. Can’t get them back once deleted. I have one gift of exploration and one gift of battle and many obsidian shards just sitting in my bank and waiting…….

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

15 characters (2 don’t count, one’s a shill, 1 will be deleted as boring). 12 80’s, 13th on the way. 2 map completions: Once because my main had to achieve it (thief) and once because my guardian had RP reasons to explore everything.

Not interested in doing it again (say no to multiple copies of WvW maps), extraordinarily unlikely ever to make a legendary.

(edited by Donari.5237)

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

6 characters
3 are 80
1 is 100% complete.

I have a hard time having the mindset to do anything on an alt. The reason I managed to get two more to 80 is because I went out of my way to get exp from like daily achieves/those exp scrolls. So they have very little map completion at all.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

One 80, 100%.

Posted by: Stalvros.9217

Stalvros.9217

I know a lot that has trouble getting 10% map completion due to wvw >_<

If you put your mind into it, you can accomplish anything.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Seven level 80 characters, 86% is the most I’ve completed.

This thread kind of motivated me to try again, but I gave up after about two minutes of putting slime into containers for some deranged little Asura in Brisban Wildlands, and went back to dungeon runs.

Posted by: Lydia Solace.1348

Lydia Solace.1348

8 toons
5 lv.80’s
only one with map completion though. I have run all my other 80’s thru the world for the sake of waypoints but after realizing how unrealistic it is to obtain a precursor for a legendary I lost the motivation to do any more maps it just seems like a real time sink…and in reality silly because just to make one lend these days is insane and honestly I be happy just to have one but thats not happening it seems until they make a fair non RNG based system.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

This thread kind of motivated me to try again, but I gave up after about two minutes of putting slime into containers for some deranged little Asura in Brisban Wildlands, and went back to dungeon runs.

lol.. come on.. come on.. you can do it !

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Puffershark.2489

Puffershark.2489

- 5 characters
- 2 80’s
- 1 100% map completion The second one’s getting close!

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

8 characters, 7 80’s, 0 map completions.

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Five Level 80 with three having map completion. Changed up how I did it second and third times by running and getting waypoints first, then going back to fill in hearts and POI and complete dailies doing that and getting known areas I needed as I went.

WvW first time oh so hard since I never had gone in there. Second and third times got them under a week because I was doing WvW by then and running with groups. Otherwise you sneak in where you can (run past the guards where you can especially in north parts of the borderlands), run with zergs to get into ones you want (make sure you get POI AND View otherwise it can be a major pain to redo especially if it a contested area and you forgot one or the other). WvW is doable even if you don’t particularly care for WvW but may take some effort especially depending on the match going on at the time and how many of the opposing servers are out and about at various times. It is worth it to watch for their slow times to get to those areas you want without getting hammered by their roamers. Some stuff you have to either be there when they take it or keep an eye out while you are online to see if it gets taken so you can get there and get it….good resource for WvW area is http://mos.millenium.org/na (you can pick EU as well from the dropdown)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

The sad part is I know exactly what heart you are talking about and where that part of it it is on the map. I’ve been working on area completions, PvE only, and it’s very tedious to do alone. Having someone to do it with you makes all the difference in the world. If you have to solo, it helps a bit to set a timer, maybe half hour or so. It’s easier to keep going when it’s a short, fixed amount of time.

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

15 Characters currently
Plenty of 80’s
0 Map completions.

Will never do it until World Completion is made to be completion of the actual Tyrian World Map and no longer forces players into WvW to chart the same areas over and over and over again (fake areas that don’t exist on the long-established Tyrian World Map) simply because they want to try to force players into modes of the game that they may otherwise have no interest in just to get it. They can keep their carrot, I’ll stick to the modes of play that I enjoy to get the things I want. If I can’t get the things I want while playing how I want, then I don’t get them…simple as that. Not getting it doesn’t bother me…it’s just disappointing that they would cheapen what that achievement used to stand for by tying it to their agenda of forcing as many players as possible to take part in their pet project of a game mode when it has nothing to do with what that achievement is actually for doing.

Can we all refuse to do the painstakingly boring 97% PvE world completion because it forces us into your game mode?

Isle Of Janthir

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

15 Characters currently
Plenty of 80’s
0 Map completions.

Will never do it until World Completion is made to be completion of the actual Tyrian World Map and no longer forces players into WvW to chart the same areas over and over and over again (fake areas that don’t exist on the long-established Tyrian World Map) simply because they want to try to force players into modes of the game that they may otherwise have no interest in just to get it. They can keep their carrot, I’ll stick to the modes of play that I enjoy to get the things I want. If I can’t get the things I want while playing how I want, then I don’t get them…simple as that. Not getting it doesn’t bother me…it’s just disappointing that they would cheapen what that achievement used to stand for by tying it to their agenda of forcing as many players as possible to take part in their pet project of a game mode when it has nothing to do with what that achievement is actually for doing.

Can we all refuse to do the painstakingly boring 97% PvE world completion because it forces us into your game mode?

Absolutely. WvW only players shouldn’t have to enter PvE either, but to get this achievement, one would.

Forcing WvW players to do OW-PvE to get that achievement is unfair and illogical due to it being a PvE achievement, just as forcing PvE players into WvW to get it is.

Perhaps WvW can have their own title and icon on their name for mapping all of WvW. Do both WvW and PvE’s world completions and you have two different star-like icons on your name.

I feel more achievements should have a visual icon on our names when selected or highlighted. Would really help to make it readily apparent what this character/account has achieved.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

8 level 80s
1 newbie up and coming
All explorer achivements finished
Map completed 3 times including WvW
Watched all the Vistas every single time, no skipping like most

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

Posted by: JCROY.5730

JCROY.5730

5 chars, all 80, 2 completions

“see cow, grab bundle, feed cow?”

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

2 characters
2 Level 80
1 at 100% and the other at 66% but that includes WvW.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Harvest.2506

Harvest.2506

10 Characters
8 level 80s
1 100% map Completeion

Just finishing off getting them all their asended accessories and weapons
only my Main has Asended amor (full set)

No legendaries, just still collecting mats for Eternity.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

8 Characters
7 Level 80
2 100% map

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Ishmel.1308

Ishmel.1308

12 Characters
7 level 80
3 4 100% map completion

(edited by Ishmel.1308)

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Suggestion 2:
Add a fourth color force to the WvW for non-participating observers. Call it the white force. They are present in the WvW areas but cannot attack or be attacked by other players. This allows players to experience the area without being forced into “fight or flight” tactics.

Just my opinions.

That I could get behind!
Still sucks to have to map, 3 WvW maps, that are EXACTLY the same. But hey, at least we could avoid all the WvW shenanigans. We wouldn’t be able to aid or harm other WvW’ers.
Wish anet implemented something like this.

Posted by: iFruit.6190

iFruit.6190

8 chars
5 80s
1 – 100% 1 – 50%

Posted by: Stalvros.9217

Stalvros.9217

I don’t get why anet puts champs on some of the SP -_-
(Tough luck to those who wants to solo)

If you put your mind into it, you can accomplish anything.

Posted by: mhamilton.3095

mhamilton.3095

9 Characters all level 80 ,

Not one map completion , as I Will not be forced into PVP

the main reason i hate this game , pvp should have it’s own achievments and pve
should theirs .

Posted by: Kestrelle.8165

Kestrelle.8165

5 level 80s, 4 map completions and currently working towards map completion for character 5

(I just don’t feel I’ve “finished” my char until she’s completed exploring)

Posted by: therapite.3645

therapite.3645

13 characters
8 level 80s
1 100% completion.

Ayla Tyrsdottir | Melsande | Rowan Cabot | Joxa | Phedra Nyx|Ephiny Tyrkin
Eternal Clarity [Ankh] /Archivists Sanctum [Lore]
A quaint dye collector with a lore problem.

Posted by: Magnus Godrik.5841

Magnus Godrik.5841

5- 4@80 2map completion. With the new mega server ima do them all since it’s more fun that more people are around.

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

Characters: 9
Lvl 80 Characters: 5
Characters with 100% Map Completion: 1

Been there and done that, once was enough. I love exploring but after doing it once unless a POI, heart, SP, or vista is in my path I don’t actively search them out anymore. Waypoints are a different story.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Posted by: Eleri Tezhme.3048

Eleri Tezhme.3048

And here I had been feeling a little silly for having so many characters…

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

4 lvl 80s. 1 has map completion and another is 80% of the way thru.

I don’t get why anet puts champs on some of the SP -_-
(Tough luck to those who wants to solo)

With Mega servers chances are at least one other person is going to be after the same SP anyway or there will be others willing to help.

(edited by Demented Sheep.1642)

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

9 Toons, all lvl 80’s

3 Map completions

Posted by: Heimdallr.7021

Heimdallr.7021

- 8 characters
- 5 to level 80
- 2 characters with 100% map completion

I don’t plan on doing it one more time but who knows, maybe with the ranger.

norn warrior

Posted by: qarinus.3869

qarinus.3869

10 characters
7 at 80 (one of everything but engineer at 80, engi is 30-odd)
3 map completions.

Have another one at ~78% with WvW done so I might go for him soon. Ish. Once I can step into Ascalon and Shiverpeaks zones without cringing again. Look, I just mainlined Iron Marches, Diessa, Lornar’s, Dredgehaunt, and Timberline in a couple of days finishing up that 3rd completion… it’s going to haunt me for a while. >_>

Posted by: WasAGuest.4973

WasAGuest.4973

8 Characters total
4 80’s (had 5)
Only 1 has 100%, the rest have up to where they need the WvW areas; at which point I call it done as I didn’t enjoy WvW the first time as it was and have no desire to suffer through it again. :P

Posted by: TheJokester.4672

TheJokester.4672

11 Characters
6 Level 80s
4 100%
2 legendaries crafted and 3 more in progress after almost 1 year break from the game. missing 2 fortunes for completing 2 the other just started.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Just finished 6th the other day. Almost done with 7th. Just parts of Fireheart and and Frostgorge.

Doing completion now is a bit more rewarding than it used to be. It used to be that if you got lemongrass for completing Straits of Devastation it was one of the crappiest things. Now … not so much. There also seems to be a higher chance for BL keys. Not particularly exciting but they can still have some useful stuff.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

9 toons
8 80s
1 key farmer
2 100% completion

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Only one, and that’ll probably be it, unless I get it by chance on another.

Posted by: PattyCakeChamp.5268

PattyCakeChamp.5268

15 Characters currently
Plenty of 80’s
0 Map completions.

Absolutely. WvW only players shouldn’t have to enter PvE either, but to get this achievement, one would.

Forcing WvW players to do OW-PvE to get that achievement is unfair and illogical due to it being a PvE achievement, just as forcing PvE players into WvW to get it is.

Perhaps WvW can have their own title and icon on their name for mapping all of WvW. Do both WvW and PvE’s world completions and you have two different star-like icons on your name.

I feel more achievements should have a visual icon on our names when selected or highlighted. Would really help to make it readily apparent what this character/account has achieved.

This guy still beating that poor dead horse, its just a pile of bones. I like to view it as you’ve explored the whole guild wars “universe”. The mists is very much a part of that universe (don’t give me the language semantics shtick). I cant recall if heart of the mists isa requirement, but i feel like it most certainly should be for that matter. Also, fractals should have their own completion as well, and the dungeons.

Back on topic, 8 characters, 5 80’s, 1 total completion (that i finished this morning so i can finish bolt). I am the type that only needs to explore something once, but still enjoy going back once in a while, so before i had explored all the map, just across different characters. If I ever please RNGeesus again and receive a 2nd precursor I’ll do 100% again.

Posted by: MrDmajor.7084

MrDmajor.7084

1 character 98%. Can’t get the other 2% from WvW. Don’t give a kitten anymore. Moved on.

ArenaNet does NOT play Guild Wars 2. This can’t be.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

16 characters.
15 80s.
1 100% completion. 85% of the next one, the rest are all over 50% and have at least their home city 100% explored.

I’ll probably try to get at least 5. But I will eventually get them all, if there’s more personal story hiatuses like this one giving me time to actually do the things I want to do, or the next season doesn’t have as many grindfest skilless farmodromes that require you to stick there endlessly if you are to have even a chance to get one of the unique rewards that are unlikely to ever come back.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Mac.3872

Mac.3872

6 Characters.
5 level 80s.
0 world completion.

Posted by: Carbon Footprint.3421

Carbon Footprint.3421

9 80’s
Working on 3rd map comp currently even though I only have 1 legendary.