How many people here still kill the dragons?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

I Can’t, Lag. ALOT of Lag. Not more than the Karka Event, but Lag.

Thoose are High End PC Events!

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: TabMorte.5297

TabMorte.5297

If you turn your graphics to ‘best performance’ during the event the lag will stop (but it’s not so pretty any more).

I kill the dragons when ever I see them spawn in the area I’m in but I don’t hunt them down actively anymore.

Golemancy 101: total and complete catastrophic
failure is still a monumental success, assuming
losses remain within acceptable parameters.

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

There are Dragons รณ_0

I didn’t know this. I’m guessing they are in the high-level zones?

Lvl 50 area
Lvl 65 area
Lvl 80 area

my post above gives their names and rough locations.

Nice. I am trying to avoid learning too much about laters zones (I’m only level 25…), but you just got me excited now.

Don’t forget the one in Godslost Swamp… if you can get him to spawn. Shadow Behemoth, level 15. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shadow_Behemoth

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: karma.8763

karma.8763

I don’t believe anyone who says they get 2 rares and sometimes a corrupted lodestone from each dragon.

I have gotten 2 lodestones in about 30 Jormags (actually 1 was underwater so that was apart from him). And rares are less common in chests. I’d agree with the 50% chance to get a rare overall including adds. Never gotten an exotic ever, even with about 130% mf.

This lol, i show up at each dragon once per day with 177% MF, and i’ve never seen a rare drop from a mob or chest(yes i know MF doesnt help chest loots). Let alone an exotic. out of 667 hours of total playtime, and all the chests ive opened……the kakra event chest is the only chest that has ever gave me anything useful.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

I’ve gotten corrupted lodestones from Jormag’s adds. Quiet regularly I must add. I get rares from them occasionally also. I have gotten rares from all three dragon chests before. More often though, just blues and greens.

And there was the one lone time I got an exotic from the Shatterer’s chest. I figured that was just an accident.

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

I got Zaitans Reach the first time I did Tequatl. Also gotten a few lodestones from Jormag, they drop just not very regularly.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: thefounder.2074

thefounder.2074

dragons??! oooh you mean the fall asleep loot pinatas? the loud annoying salamanders i can tickle with a stick while blindfolded and loot falls out. ooooh we should have a new abbreviation inspired by GW2!!

TE:TB:DC
Too Easy, Too Boring, Dont Care

spread it around!

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

I stopped bothering after a week or two of doing at least one or two of them each day only to get 2x blues 1x green every time.

It’s not worth going there to just get the same horribly bad rewards every time. The event was cool and “fun” by itself the first four or five times. I’ve done it dozens, so I want something halfway decent for spending all my time there. Since it doesn’t actually give you anything decent, I’ve stopped bothering.

Posted by: Reaver.9256

Reaver.9256

I stopped bothering after a week or two of doing at least one or two of them each day only to get 2x blues 1x green every time.

It’s not worth going there to just get the same horribly bad rewards every time. The event was cool and “fun” by itself the first four or five times. I’ve done it dozens, so I want something halfway decent for spending all my time there. Since it doesn’t actually give you anything decent, I’ve stopped bothering.

It actually sounds you’ve never done a dragon before. I’ve done countless and I’ve never gotten only 3 items from one.

Posted by: Debsylvania.7396

Debsylvania.7396

I don’t do them on any sort of schedule. If I’m in their respective zones I’ll go do them because I think they’re fun. Most of the time I get an item or two that one of my alts can use or at the very least stuff I can sell on the TP or vendor for a handful of silver. I don’t see any problem here.

Deb ~The Chewbacca Defense [TCD];
Waiting For Death [WFD]
@ Borlis Pass Server

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

I don’t believe anyone who says they get 2 rares and sometimes a corrupted lodestone from each dragon.

I have gotten 2 lodestones in about 30 Jormags (actually 1 was underwater so that was apart from him). And rares are less common in chests. I’d agree with the 50% chance to get a rare overall including adds. Never gotten an exotic ever, even with about 130% mf.

You can believe anything you want. Just because it hasn’t happened to you, doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Yea, they really need to do something about these dragon events. Either make it harder but higher reward. I.E a high chance of exotic, I mean we don’t need GUARANTEED exotic and or a significantly higher chance for precursor. We just need something to feel that the effort was worth it. I’ve kill usually the dragons at least 2 times a day since release. thats like at least 200-400 dragon kills for me and I am sad to say, i’ve never gotten anything better than the odd rare and heaps of blues. I mean if I wanted to farm blues, I could kill a few mobs in a smaller frame of time for the same result. Nevertheless, this would bring in a valuable source of precursors/exotics in the game to help balance the economy but also make the effort worth while to the players.

Posted by: Assassinin.4963

Assassinin.4963

I never bother about the dragon. The only time I killed it is when it stands in the way of our heart quest completion in the zone. Got a uninspiring rare item as an apology from the dragon for blocking our quest progression. Quite a smart dragon for not dropping better loots which otherwise, we would have gone back to kill him over and over again.