How much gold do you spent in mystic forge.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

I am a new player so i don’t know a lot played for 7 months.I have spent 500 gold on mystic forge the last 3 months.I know for sure my rng is not good(or flaged) or the way they calculate it anyway it is not good.I still have a 1000 gold but i am not inclined to risk it in mystic forge.My question is how much gold do you spent and how many precursor do you get.Are you lucky or unlucky.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Zero. I’m not into gambling and RNG has not been kind to me. Some people call it the Mystic Toilet for a reason. That flushing sound is what happens to your gold.

Edit: Forgot about Mystic Forge Dailies. In that case, 4 silver for the cheapest armor. Usually boots.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Never spent a copper on the Mystic Forge. I have, however, gotten a few neat items from it, but nothing worth more than, say….20 Gold?

Of course, I don’t have 500 Gold, much less 1500! Lol.

Good luck.

Posted by: feelingood.2106

feelingood.2106

Yesterday i bought exotics worths 80 gold, and after several tries i got precursor worth 400 gold.. One time mixed 4 rares and got dawn in the second try.. After playing this game almost for 3 years i spend maybe 400-500 gold total..Maybe less.

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

Around 200 gold about year and a half ago after i heard fantastic stories about precursor drops from my guildies. I flushed it, got nothing but a bitter taste in my mouth. Then about 3 months ago i threw some crafted rares in mf and got precursor for torch that was around 85 gold.

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

I was bored once. I spent around 1g for a pair of boots, two rings and a mystic stone. Got Howl. That’s the only time I ever gambled at the MF.

moiraine.2753

I was just curious good to know thanks.Obviously i hoped for the best and got nothing aha.

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I have probably spent about 50g on the forge. 99% of that was trying with rares to get my precursor before I finally saw sense and bought it. Only thing I use the forge for now other than crafting some of the expensive skins is buying 4 basic rarity pieces of armour, whatever is cheapest at that time, and throwing those into the forge for the daily. I try not to use it because I know I will become addicted if I do.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

Posted by: Spartacus.9743

Spartacus.9743

I’ve spended almost 5k, earned 20 prec, 11k+ gold earned (don’t remember the exact amount)
I’m feeling lucky, but one of the most common gambling rules is: get out of that game when you are winning

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

1-2 years ago I tried to get the legend and earlier dawn. I spent about 2’000 gold back then and never got anything. I want to mention that precursors – especially dawn – back then was around 250-300g. I ultimately bought it for 300g from the TP. Gold had a higher value though.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I throw in level 80 greens to get rares or light armor and usually make some profit doing that. I also occasionally put in cheap rare or exotic weapons when I get 4 or them. I actually got a precursor doing that but I was more trying to make a small profit or get any skin I don’t yet have. I don’t spend gold buying or crafting rares/exotics to do this. I use loot or exotics from dungeon tokens.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

80 copper whenever there is a Mystic Forge daily .. to buy 4 cheap runes / sigills

Else i only use it to promote cores to loadstones.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

None, aside from badges of honour for some flame rams to make superior rams every so often when there is a daily mystic forger. RNG is just too random for the risk.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’ve never bought rares or exotics to throw in the forge to try and get a precursor.

I have occasionally put in items I got from other places, mainly story and levelling rewards and karma gear which I can’t salvage or sell. I’m not sure what the potential profit would have been from the ones I could have sold but didn’t but certainly no more than 20g at most. (These were crafted rares.)

I mainly use the forge to make Mystic Salvage Kits, which (since I use Mystic Forge Stones I got for free) actually saves me money in the long run. And occasionally for recipes with 100% success rates to make special skins or when I was making my legendary.

The only ‘gambling’ I spent any time on was making Mystic Clovers, but since the other outcome is T6 mats, which I also needed, that wasn’t much of a risk.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

None. I throw my rare weapons from loot/bosses. That has netted me 2 precursors in the last 9 months and cost me no money in doing so.

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Gold? 0.

Still, I tossed way more rares/mats than I can imagine, but ONLY the ones I drop on playing. It feeld much less frustrating when you just toss there what you drop, instead of buy-it-to-drop. Got myself 3 precursors on the course of 3 yars, trowing rares almost every day (1-5 tries per day maybe).

moiraine.2753

When you mentioned the rares i remembered something.I too put a good number of them in the mystic forge between 500-1000 just from drop(loot).The 500 gold was only on exotic items so it is even more lost gold.

Posted by: Roquen.5406

Roquen.5406

Since I’ve started playing, I’ve spent well over 15,000g on the forge (that I can recall). Obviously not all at once, usually 200g-1000g at a time, 1500-2500 crafted rares or 200-400 exotics. I always use level 80 weapons, rare or exotic, I use 4 of the same weapon type unless I use rares collected from open world stuff.

I have forged a few precursors (dawn/dusk/spark/the legend) but with the amount of gold I’ve lost gambling…I’m definitely deep in the hole. It wasn’t profitable for me and since I’ve sold pretty much everything I had of value and stopped farming / grinding for gold, I have no more to gamble with.

I found that the precursors I did forge came from exotics, though I have heard other people claiming they’ve had much better luck with rares. At one point I went through 6000g with no precursor…so yea be wary it’s referred to as the Mystic Toilet for a reason.

(edited by Roquen.5406)

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Ive personally thrown in about 25,000-30,000 gold, ive had my fair share of pre’s out that ive sold and thrown the gold back into it, and a few legendary’s that I made and then sold so I could throw it back in,

My last streak was about 3000g without return, so I haven’t played the forge for a few weeks now.

Posted by: Morpeth.5318

Morpeth.5318

Not even 1 copper.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I think the highest amount of gold I’ve tossed in (as far as trying to forge precursors or gambling with sigils/runes goes) is around 200g. And that’s being very generous in my rounding up. I’ve gotten two precursors from the forge; one when I was actively trying and forging exotic maces (about 20g worth of maces), and the other was when I was just forging my guild mission rare armor/weapons together (got chaos gun).

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Zero. I’m not into gambling and RNG has not been kind to me. Some people call it the Mystic Toilet for a reason. That flushing sound is what happens to your gold.

Edit: Forgot about Mystic Forge Dailies. In that case, 4 silver for the cheapest armor. Usually boots.

^ This.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

None. I throw my rare weapons from loot/bosses. That has netted me 2 precursors in the last 9 months and cost me no money in doing so.

No money?

What about the value of those rares? Would you have destoryed them otherwise?

It’s called opportunity cost.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I have never spent a copper on items to specifically toss in the flusher and I never plan to.

I toss in some Rares (that I don’t salvage for ectos) and use it keep my upgrades to a minimum (sigils, runes, gems and marks). Other than that it gets very little of my attention. (A Mystic Salvage kit or 2 when I scrounge up enough MF stones).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

If I have to make a guess, I would say maybe 3000-4000

but my howl, zap, the chosen one, the colossus, dawn, dusk, another dusk, rodgorts flame, tooth of frost fang, chaos gun, and zap again says hi

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Not including other types of currency, I’ve spent around 200 gold on the MF. But, this wasn’t gambling for a precursor. I use it mostly to get money via crafting and promoting materials.

So I’ve gotten, like, 280 gold from the forge.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Nah there’s plenty of other stuff for me to waste my gold on.
I’d rather just wait for the legendary mastery track in HoT.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

80 copper whenever there is a Mystic Forge daily .. to buy 4 cheap runes / sigills

Else i only use it to promote cores to loadstones.

Aww, you stole my estimate! XD

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632