How to get heritage armor?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shovel Face.4512

Shovel Face.4512

So what I was thinking was buying Eye of the north expansion (Can I just buy the expansion or do I have to buy GW1 and then the expansion?), creating an account and then linking it to my Gw2 account. This apparently should give me 3 HoM points. Since I just want 2 pieces from the heritage armor medium set, will the 3 HoM points for linking accounts be enough the get just the 2 armor pieces I want? I read somewhere you need 6 HoM to get the full set but I just want 2 pieces.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

You will need one of the non-expansion games besides having EOTN. If you can tell us what pieces exactly we can tell you more accurately what you would need to do.

Shovel Face.4512

You will need one of the non-expansion games besides having EOTN. If you can tell us what pieces exactly we can tell you more accurately what you would need to do.

Heritage Jerkin and Heritage Boots. And Heritage armguards if 3 HoM points equals 3 armor pieces? They’re all from medium set.

And what do you mean non expansion game?

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: Chrury.4627

Chrury.4627

Heritage Jerkin and Heritage Boots. And Heritage armguards if 3 HoM points equals 3 armor pieces? They’re all from medium set.

You will need to buy Prophecies (the original), Factions, or Nightfall plus EotN to gain the bonuses.

If you just want the Jerkin and the Boots, the 3 points will be enough. You’ll gain access to the skins for boots, chest, and pants for all three weight classes. If you want gloves, you’ll need an extra point.

Depending on the version you get, you might get a free minipet that would give you one more point. Otherwise, you’ll need to actually play the game for a bit.

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

also to note. if you have trouble with your GW2 game recognising that you have those points, you will need to play and get to the actual HoM within GW1.

it doesn’t take much to do that, but I thought I’d tell you anyway because it sometimes happens.

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

CMM.6712

Prophecies, Factions, or Nightfall are the stand alone games. You will need to have 6 points to have the skins you want. 3 for the jerkin and then 3 more for the boots.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Heritage_armor

I see that ^^^ and https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hall_of_Monuments are not synched up with what points get you what.

(edited by CMM.6712)

Shovel Face.4512

You will need to buy Prophecies (the original), Factions, or Nightfall plus EotN to gain the bonuses.

If you just want the Jerkin and the Boots, the 3 points will be enough. You’ll gain access to the skins for boots, chest, and pants for all three weight classes. If you want gloves, you’ll need an extra point.

Depending on the version you get, you might get a free minipet that would give you one more point. Otherwise, you’ll need to actually play the game for a bit.

Ok so I found this

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Guild-Wars-Heritage-Armor

So in the thread, Mercury says you don’t even need eye of the north to get the 3 HoM points, just the base game. True?

Shovel Face.4512

Prophecies, Factions, or Nightfall are the stand alone games. You will need to have 6 points to have the skins you want. 3 for the jerkin and then 3 more for the boots.

I see that ^^^ and https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hall_of_Monuments are not synched up with what points get you what.

Ohhh I see. I thought the HoM points were a form of currency. So just getting the 3 HoM points for linking will be enough to get the boots and jerkin.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You need only 3 points total for the Boots and Jerkin. You will also get the Legguards.

If you find you need to visit the Hall of Monuments in Guild Wars to unlock your rewards, you will need to level a Guild Wars character to L10, travel to the Hall of Monuments in Guild Wars, and either talk to Kimmes the Historian, or place a Monumental Tapestry in a side monument, or both.

Here is the FAQ page: https://hom.guildwars2.com/en/faq/

Good luck.

CMM.6712

Ohhh I see. I thought the HoM points were a form of currency. So just getting the 3 HoM points for linking will be enough to get the boots and jerkin.

Correct, it’s been so long since I had done that I forgot, and was going by what the first wiki page I posted said.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I understood you needed HoM and 1 tapestry to actually access any of the rewards though.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I understood you needed HoM and 1 tapestry to actually access any of the rewards though.

You do need the EotN. If a tapestry is needed there’s one easy one to get in the first questline that takes you to the HoM where you get to Boreal Station. Talk to jora outside. Get to the HoM and speak to Gwen and look into the Scrying device for the first vision. You get a tapestry for that.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Monumental_Tapestry

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: JustACat.1086

JustACat.1086

And could I ask for some tips about playing GW1? Would like a full heritage set and would love to know the story (why I’m playing from the first released game) but it’s so… very slow :P

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

Eye of the north is a guild wars 1 expansion that you use to expand your existing guild wars 1 game/campaign.

In other words youw ill need to buy 1 campaign (prophecies, factions,nightfall) and then buy eye of the north expansion.

After that you will need to do various things (there are no real achievements or a list of stuff to do like in gw2) and that way you will earn titles. After beating the expansion you go to the eye of the north (the fortress in shiverpeaks) and add your titles inside th hall of monuments.

Each title brings you 1 HoM point (if the 2 games are linked via an account)

Besides titles, adding a hero equiped with elite armor, adding a unique rare pet fully leveled, Compleating elite zones, adding very rare unique weapons and adding certain amount of minipets also grant you HoM ponts.

Most of the titles and “things” require significant time investments ,specially as a new player but im sure there are some guides to get quick titles or something just enough for a full set of HoM armor. (tho some of them cost a lot of gold such as the drunkard/sweettooth title)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Each title brings you 1 HoM point (if the 2 games are linked via an account)

It’s actually much more complicated than that. It’s better to read the wiki article , the guide , and/or see the reward calculator (requires a character name, so you need to have one already, or know/guess someone else’s)

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

And could I ask for some tips about playing GW1? Would like a full heritage set and would love to know the story (why I’m playing from the first released game) but it’s so… very slow :P

If you just wanna plow through prophecies, start to finish, probably just make a fire ele. Stack build with aoe dots.

If you want to appreciate guild wars combat system, starting in prophecies, make a Mesmer. Transition from a domination Mesmer (empathy/backfire/power leak/shatter hex) early game (those skills available easy in presearing/old ascalon) to an illusion mesmer late game (droknar’s forge and on) running:

12 fast casting, 14(12+1helm+1rune) illusion, 4(3+1rune) inspiration

clumsiness
ineptitude
sympathetic visage
arcane conundrum
distortion
leech signet
illusion of weakness
resurrection signet

It will teach you a great deal about energy management, denial, defense and appropriate skill use in general. If you fail to use the skills properly you will be punished, if you use them properly you will be well rewarded.

JustACat.1086

Thank you. I don’t much get the builds there but yeah, taking (on a hunch) ele as a second proffesion sped up things a lot.

Justine.6351

Thank you. I don’t much get the builds there but yeah, taking (on a hunch) ele as a second proffesion sped up things a lot.

what is your primary profession?

JustACat.1086

Primary is actually mesmer out of curiosity though now I’m mostly using ele’s abilities – I just hope that this primary mesmer will be able to save my behind in tough times.

Justine.6351

Primary is actually mesmer out of curiosity though now I’m mostly using ele’s abilities – I just hope that this primary mesmer will be able to save my behind in tough times.

nah that ok.

At end game and if you go hard mode you will probably start looking at Mesmer lines because they tend to offer more dual nature skills.
I said ineptitude
https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Ineptitude
as an example because martial classes are used as filler mobs but really they can hit very hard endgame/hardmode because of how chance to critical hit works. lvl 28 melee are scary for caster classes if you don’t have blocks/blinds. If you are playing fire magic mostly try to pickup ward against melee anyhow and aim for ~5points into earth magic. That can save you and your team against stone summit mobs.
https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Ward_Against_Melee

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Main_Page

JustACat.1086

Thanks, will remember!

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Just to weigh in, as a GW1 Mesmer player myself, I usually stick with Domination Magic and entrust the Illusion Magic/enemy melee shutdown to a Mesmer Hero like Gwen. Domination Magic has access to more interrupts, and being able to recognise and interrupt certain dangerous enemy skills is something I trust myself with more than an AI follower which won’t stop mid-autoattack to use skills. And a human player can use skills like Complicate more intelligently to shut down enemy groups.

Posted by: Najten.2418

Najten.2418

So what I was thinking was buying Eye of the north expansion (Can I just buy the expansion or do I have to buy GW1 and then the expansion?), creating an account and then linking it to my Gw2 account. This apparently should give me 3 HoM points. Since I just want 2 pieces from the heritage armor medium set, will the 3 HoM points for linking accounts be enough the get just the 2 armor pieces I want? I read somewhere you need 6 HoM to get the full set but I just want 2 pieces.

You’d have to buy atleast 1* Campaign* (Prophecies, Factions or Nightfall) and the Expansion.

That depends on what pieces you want.
3 HoM points will unlock Boots, Legs and Chest.

4pts: Gloves
5pts: Shoulders
6pts: Helmet

JustACat.1086

Noob question: is there a way to control what henchmen do?
Is there any official forums forums for GW? I feel uncomfortable asking questions here. :P

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Is there any official forums forums for GW? I feel uncomfortable asking questions here. :P

No, you can’t control what your henchmen do. The only thing you can do control-wise is use Hero Flags to tell them where to stand; if you mark a spot on the terrain or mini-map with a Hero Flag, they will stay on that spot until you remove the Flag.

Now, Heroes have skill bars that you can customize based on the skills you have unlocked on your account. You can also tell Heroes to be Passive (not attack), as well.

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Xiahou Mao.9701

You can go to https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars/ which, though not official, is usually receptive to posts from new players asking for help, because there’s not a whole lot else to talk about.

Just a flesh wound.3589

You might look into buying mercenaries from the game store. Mercenaries are heroes that are your alt characters. The nice thing about that is you can have exactly the combination of professions that you want as your NPC team instead of using only what the game gives you. I had a group of mercenaries I used to get exactly what I wanted. You have to gear them up and get them the skills but it’s a nice setup.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Mercenary_Hero
A Mercenary Hero is a special type of hero that players can create after purchasing a Mercenary Hero Slot at the NCsoft store. They behave exactly like any other hero, but are copies of your own character

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I"m late to the party, but if all you want is the army buy Platinum, it’s Prophecies and EotN, then find someone willing to dump a bunch of minis on you. Hit me up and I’ll give you whatever I’ve got.

You’ll need to actually play Guild Wars for a while cause you need to actually get to EotN which is level 20 content. Then you need to play a bit of EotN to “activate” the Hall of Monuments. Once that’s done you can actually place statues.

I personally recommend playing a Ranger and bringing a pet with you the whole way, leveling it to 20 also. Make sure to pick up M.O.X. along the way. With a bunch of random minis, a level 20 animal companion and M.O.X. you should easily have enough to get all the armor and then some.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Kal Spiro.9745

No, you can’t control what your henchmen do. The only thing you can do control-wise is use Hero Flags to tell them where to stand; if you mark a spot on the terrain or mini-map with a Hero Flag, they will stay on that spot until you remove the Flag.

Now, Heroes have skill bars that you can customize based on the skills you have unlocked on your account. You can also tell Heroes to be Passive (not attack), as well.

Eye of the North Heroes give you a lot of control over their skills. You can tell them not to use certain skills and you can activate them yourself when you want them to go off.

The original companions don’t let you do kitten, but then they basically had no skills anyway.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

Xiahou Mao.9701

I personally recommend playing a Ranger and bringing a pet with you the whole way, leveling it to 20 also. Make sure to pick up M.O.X. along the way. With a bunch of random minis, a level 20 animal companion and M.O.X. you should easily have enough to get all the armor and then some.

M.O.X. requires you to have all campaigns unlocked, so a player with just Prophecies and Eye of the North wouldn’t be able to acquire that hero.

Kal Spiro.9745

Final bit of information. You don’t need any tapestries to get the first three points. You don’t even need access to HoM in GW to get them. You don’t even need to be level 20. Linking the accounts gets you the three. Technically you don’t even need EotN to get the three, but you do need it to gain access to HoM in GW2.

Just having the minis doesn’t get you anything. You need to place them in the Monument. Until the statue has been added you don’t have anything.

Kal Spiro.9745

M.O.X. requires you to have all campaigns unlocked, so a player with just Prophecies and Eye of the North wouldn’t be able to acquire that hero.

Ah, I didn’t realize that. I had them all by the time I reached that point. I thought he was just part of EotN

Justine.6351

You might look into buying mercenaries from the game store. Mercenaries are heroes that are your alt characters. The nice thing about that is you can have exactly the combination of professions that you want as your NPC team instead of using only what the game gives you. I had a group of mercenaries I used to get exactly what I wanted. You have to gear them up and get them the skills but it’s a nice setup.

A Mercenary Hero is a special type of hero that players can create after purchasing a Mercenary Hero Slot at the NCsoft store. They behave exactly like any other hero, but are copies of your own character

mercenaries are not for new people.

Justacat,
People will say heros/mercenaries are better than henchmen but in truth if you don’t know much about the games combat then henchmen will be better as they have ok skill bars. The other problem with heros/mercenaries is that they are still limited by what campaigns’ skills you have unlocked. Prophecies does have a lot of great skills though so that is good. The problem you will run into with just prophecies/eotn is 5 of the 11 available heros will be mediocre compared to henchmen because they are classes from factions/nightfall. That’s not too bad though as you still have 6 you can make awesome. The other 5 arnt completely lost causes as you can utilize secondary professions on them to make something unique.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Justacat,
People will say heros/mercenaries are better than henchmen but in truth if you don’t know much about the games combat then henchmen will be better as they have ok skill bars. The other problem with heros/mercenaries is that they are still limited by what campaigns’ skills you have unlocked. Prophecies does have a lot of great skills though so that is good. The problem you will run into with just prophecies/eotn is 5 of the 11 available heros will be mediocre compared to henchmen because they are classes from factions/nightfall. That’s not too bad though as you still have 6 you can make awesome. The other 5 arnt completely lost causes as you can utilize secondary professions on them to make something unique.

Mercenaries are heroes with your characters face and armor. If they can use heroes, they can use mercenaries as they are the same. The difference is cosmetic and the ability to get exactly what set of professions you want.

In addition
A quick way of creating mercenaries of any profession would be to create a PvP-only character (already at level 20), give them appropriate armor, costumes and/or hats, and register them. Delete that PvP-only character and create a new one in the profession of choice using the same character slot. With enough mercenary slots, you can create several heroes with the same profession and similar names using this method, without the need of making extra permanent roleplaying or PvP-only characters.

ANet may give it to you.

Justine.6351

Justacat,

Mercenaries are heroes with your characters face and armor. If they can use heroes, they can use mercenaries as they are the same. The difference is cosmetic and the ability to get exactly what set of professions you want.

In addition
A quick way of creating mercenaries of any profession would be to create a PvP-only character (already at level 20), give them appropriate armor, costumes and/or hats, and register them. Delete that PvP-only character and create a new one in the profession of choice using the same character slot. With enough mercenary slots, you can create several heroes with the same profession and similar names using this method, without the need of making extra permanent roleplaying or PvP-only characters.

my point was why buy mercenaries when they will have access to adequate heros and henchmen from eotn anyhow. For the price they would be better off buying nightfall campaign for more heros AND more skills.

even buying factions would be better than mercenary slots as you get access to crazy good ritualist skills like signet of spirits.

(edited by Justine.6351)

Just a flesh wound.3589

Justacat,

In addition

my point was why buy mercenaries when they will have access to adequate heros and henchmen from eotn anyhow. For the price they would be better off buying nightfall campaign for more heros AND more skills.

even buying factions would be better than mercenary slots as you get access to crazy good ritualist skills like signet of spirits.

Yes, the ones available are adequate. It’s the ability to get exactly the mix of professions that you want that the mercenaries offer. I had a mercenary team of necros/ritualists to do death magic, minions, ritualist healing that allowed me to roll right over most content. A profession combination that’s impossible with only in game heroes.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

If you plan to buy just 1 standalone campaign + Eotn

Then i recommend to buy Nightfall

You will have access to customizable Heroes (you define Skills, Weapons, Build etc) to help you on your Quests & Missions

You have access to Henchmen (premade Build by Anet) in all campaigns and those can be enough if you just plan to get the 3 points and not more

But if you plan on ever investing some more time to get more than those 3 Points you should chose Nightfall since it

1) is the easiest to get Points in the HoM
2) gives you access to many of those customizable Heroes

Tbh i found Nightfall to be the most newcomer friendly GW2 campaign too

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

JustACat.1086

I have all the campaigns. I’m starting from Prophecies because uh… in GW2 I was jumping from story to story and that left me severely confused so now I want to do it right. My two main goals are:
1) Get to know the story, in the right order.
2) Earn all the heritage skins. Would also like few others but if they’re too much trouble I’ll pass.

A bit poor for mercenaries now, I’ll see how it goes with henchmen.

Just a flesh wound.3589

I have all the campaigns. I’m starting from Prophecies because uh… in GW2 I was jumping from story to story and that left me severely confused so now I want to do it right. My two main goals are:
1) Get to know the story, in the right order.
2) Earn all the heritage skins. Would also like few others but if they’re too much trouble I’ll pass.

A bit poor for mercenaries now, I’ll see how it goes with henchmen.

Well, take your time and enjoy the game. It’s pretty good. Totally different from this one playwise, but you’ll learn a lot about the lore by playing it.

Have fun in game.

ANet may give it to you.

Justine.6351

Justacat,

In addition

Yes, the ones available are adequate. It’s the ability to get exactly the mix of professions that you want that the mercenaries offer. I had a mercenary team of necros/ritualists to do death magic, minions, ritualist healing that allowed me to roll right over most content. A profession combination that’s impossible with only in game heroes.

I’m not really sure how you cannot manage a competent hero setup with 3 necro and 2 ritualist (3now with factions beyond). But I guess I didn’t lameway… I mean sabway my way through the game.

looking over prophecies/eotn hero possibilities,
you not only get the core profession skills from prophecies and eotn, but can also signet of capture faction/nightfall regular and elite skills from eotn bosses aswell and prophecies:beyond bosses for hero use. Well I think it works that way anyhow. No special hero setup is required to complete the game in hardmode regardless. I vanqed 2 of the hardest areas in prophecies with prophecy/core skills and only henchmen if that says anything.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/images/4/43/User_Justice_Gw090.jpg
https://wiki.guildwars.com/images/0/04/User_Justice_Gw091.jpg

If you think that’s nothing go and try it yourself. Hard but doable.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Justacat,

In addition

I’m not really sure how you cannot manage a competent hero setup with 3 necro and 2 ritualist (3now with factions beyond). But I guess I didn’t lameway… I mean sabway my way through the game.

looking over prophecies/eotn hero possibilities,
you not only get the core profession skills from prophecies and eotn, but can also signet of capture faction/nightfall regular and elite skills from eotn bosses aswell and prophecies:beyond bosses for hero use. Well I think it works that way anyhow. No special hero setup is required to complete the game in hardmode regardless. I vanqed 2 of the hardest areas in prophecies with prophecy/core skills and only henchmen if that says anything.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/images/4/43/User_Justice_Gw090.jpg
https://wiki.guildwars.com/images/0/04/User_Justice_Gw091.jpg

If you think that’s nothing go and try it yourself. Hard but doable.

“But I guess I didn’t lameway”

And here I thought we were having a civil discussion about heroes and mercenaries….

I gave my opinion and you gave yours. The other person can make up his own mind based on what we said about the comparative advantages.

Have fun in game.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Relair.1843

Relair.1843

GW1 is actually ridiculously fun. Think of it like an old single player rpg that is going to give you the backstory of gw2. You’ll get so many hints and references in reverse if you’ve played gw2 for a long time. You get npc party members you can equip and level up with you that help with quests and stuff, its freaking great.

Posted by: Fremtid.3528

Fremtid.3528

Actually none of this is true for the first 3 points, you just need to link your account and then visit the hall of monuments in gw2. You must visit log out of both accounts for like an hour. Because you get the points for simply linking the accounts.

Posted by: Fremtid.3528

Fremtid.3528

But if you have somehow gotten to the hall of monuments and gotten a tapestry message me ingame i have some extra minis i can give you.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

You won’t have ritualist mercenaries with only prophecies and EotN. You might have a single ritualist hero, but without access to factions’ (and nightfall’s) rit skills she would be severely underused.

If you have additional money to invest, it’s better to start with Nightfall and Factions for the heroes and skills (and lore, and additional HoM points opportunities), instead of going straight for Mercenaries.
The standard player+3necro/2mes/2rit setup will afk-steamroll 99% of the normal difficulty content anyway.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November