How to spot a bot if you didn't already know

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

When you see a group of characters standing on top of each other. Their skills always doing something.
That is a bot.

When you see someone running around with several people following (especially of the same profession).
That is a bot.

Please report them

Also if you have any other examples please list them.

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

I see the knobs spamming afk when nothing there to be spammed at. If Anet employed active bot terminators we’d see a decrease.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Characters that continually run from a waypoint to the same DE area, usually naked is another good indication.

Posted by: Cloudwalkernz.1328

Cloudwalkernz.1328

Lol A lot of people run in a group particularly in Orr where there is safety in numbers against random mobs that seems to appear from no where. I run naked all the time because I suxed at dieing – that make me a bot? or just a noob?

If you report everyone in a group then you will be reporting just about everyone.

I have a better system to spot cheaters than that:

1) If anyone kill me in PvP must be a cheater.
2) If anyone has more gold than me must be a gold farming bot.

Hope this helps

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

Makes you a noob

Nuff said

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Button-pressed-by-object-on-keyboard-for-auto-attack isn’t technically a bot, but most game companies consider it cheating.

The true bots in this game will suddenly “teleport” to the next mob and begin attacking. When it is dead they “teleport” to the next. There is no clear line of travel, and at first you may think you or they are lagging. Just spend a few dozen seconds watching and you will see other players run by without exhibiting this sort of almost lag appearance, yet the botter keeps doing it.

Most of the botters use a signet warrior build, can be greatsword, bow or rifle. However I see other professions lately including engineers and even necromancers. The recent necro I saw was actually 3 characters, identical char in identical gear with different names standing on the same waypoint in Gendarren Fields, with minions. They would attack a portion of the Dynamic Event that came their way. These necros never moved but strangely once I mentioned I reported them in local chat, they began logging out and back in periodically.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Moderator.9532

Moderator.9532

To discuss bots or how to report them, please refer to https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/On-Botting-and-What-We-re-Doing-About-It. This topic is locked.