How to start the flame and frost story?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mystogan.5689

Mystogan.5689

Just started checking the areas and dont see anything standing out. Just wondering where to go first?

Posted by: Skybourne.4831

Skybourne.4831

I am wondering the same thing. I’ve been looking in both places for an hour.

Posted by: Mystogan.5689

Mystogan.5689

Yea, been looking for quite a while

Posted by: Aoshi.4785

Aoshi.4785

Hate it when new content is dropped but no clear statement about how to start it off. That sense you get that you are missing out or falling behind because you haven;t started it yet, lol.

Really though, at least let us know where to start it off at.

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

After wandering around Diessa Plateau for a while and asking about it in map chat, a player pointed out to me that the “world event” icon is there, but the text seems to be blacked out.

I tried the Black Citadel, Lion’s Arch, but the text is still hidden.

Maybe it’s not "activated’ yet?

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Posted by: Kalrisver.2679

Kalrisver.2679

After wandering around Diessa Plateau for a while and asking about it in map chat, a player pointed out to me that the “world event” icon is there, but the text seems to be blacked out.

I tried the Black Citadel, Lion’s Arch, but the text is still hidden.

Maybe it’s not "activated’ yet?

According to a dev post, the empty star graphic/thing has nothing to do with the world event, it has to do with the week long paid PvP tournament thing.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Clarification-on-the-Star-icon-UI/1310131

Posted by: Sam.9157

Sam.9157

I too was looking for the event, the patch notes are as follows:

When I asked on various map chats about the event, people said that it hasn’t started yet, but the patch note indicates that it has started;

“Events

New Living Story events have been added to Wayfarer Foothills and Diessa Plateau."

So I’m confused :s

Posted by: Eddard.2930

Eddard.2930

In the update notes it says that there are event heralds in several cities to keep people up to date.

Maybe check out the cities to find out?

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming like the people in his car.

Tanith.5264

Well, I was just in Diessa and the sky is not falling. :P

Gate of Madness server

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

I think it’ll be one time world event like ancient karka. So it’s added but there’s a question when it’ll be activated. Though it’s just my own suspicioun not backed by anything.

Aoshi.4785

Or they could just, you know, tell us where it might start at ^__^

Posted by: birdiegirl.2463

birdiegirl.2463

with the servers crashing i guess it is a moot point to try to find the start. and how are we to find a player that tested on the PTR??

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

I dont think they even know.

Posted by: Loybo.2018

Loybo.2018

Unless I’m mistaken, there is no Public Test Server, and EverythingXen’s comment served as dry satire as to a way to improve patch stability and player acceptance of content.

EverythingXen.1835

I like my satire extra dry.

Posted by: Saverin.4165

Saverin.4165

there actually is a hidden alpha behind the scenes.

Loybo.2018

I’m aware of the so-called “Alpha Team” but I wasn’t sure as to the details; I thought it was an internal team of players, and not necessarily in the pool of regular players with everyone else — or, if they were in there with us, bound by non-disclosure as to their findings in the Alpha Team test runs.

But as to the subject at hand, I want the heralds to show up…

EverythingXen.1835

That implies testing of any sort…. which flies in the face of months of Arena Net GW2 patching history.

Posted by: birdiegirl.2463

birdiegirl.2463

everthingXen, consider me satired

Tanith.5264

Ah, new build. Maybe this is the F&F stuff.

Gate of Madness server

Posted by: Saverin.4165

Saverin.4165

Nope server crash stuff

Loybo.2018

@Asglarek, I suspect the term “Alpha Team” refers to their (assumed) pinnacle-level of skill and discipline, rather than the “alpha” stage of development.

Edit: “(assumed)”

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

•Starting shortly after the January 28^th^ update, heralds will begin appearing in cities across Tyria. Their task is to keep adventurers apprised of the events currently underway that are driving the Living Story forward. Be sure to check in with them if you need direction.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Next

Check in with the heralds for updates.

There are hints of things to come already in the game.

The playable Living Story content will start appearing tomorrow (January 29) at around noon Pacific Time in Wayfarer Foothills. You will see refugees requiring your assistance along the path, around Breakneck Pass.

Later on that day, there will be events in Diessa Plateau. You’ll be sent an in-game mail letting you know about the events in Diessa Plateau. If you’re already logged in when that happens, you need to change maps to receive that message.

In Diessa Plateau, you will see refugees just north of the Black Citadel, and along the path north towards Wayfarer Foothills. You will see signs along some of the paths in the area.

EDIT: I apologize for the lack of clarity. I have updated the information above.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

(edited by Regina Buenaobra.6193)

Posted by: PinkFlyingPig.8249

PinkFlyingPig.8249

Only thing iw been able to find currently is that the mountain next to the path between Diessa Plateau and Wayfarer Foothills (Warmspring Grotto PoI) seem to have some heat ventilation on it, lots of warm air coming out of cracks. That being said, cant honestly remember if they allways have been there or not, but it dosent look familiar.

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

Yeah that’s new, Pink. I recognized it, too.

Though ANet have confirmed we’ll face no dragons during this arc, I think Primordus has had some involvement in vents spewing ash and smoke everywhere.

Posted by: Sam.9157

Sam.9157

Check in with the heralds for updates. There are hints of things to come already in the game.

The playable Living Story content will start appearing tomorrow (January 29) at around noon Pacific Time in Wayfarer Foothills and Diessa Plateau. When the events start in Diessa Plateau, you’ll be sent an in-game mail letting you know about it. However, if you’re already logged in when that happens, you need to change maps to receive it.

Would be great if that was in the patch notes, and where are these heralds anyway? I’ve searched LA and Hoelbrak, asked in chat… then i gave up.

Posted by: OceanPhoenix.7023

OceanPhoenix.7023

I have not seen the Healds

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

Check in with the heralds for updates. There are hints of things to come already in the game.

The playable Living Story content will start appearing tomorrow (January 29) at around noon Pacific Time in Wayfarer Foothills and Diessa Plateau. When the events start in Diessa Plateau, you’ll be sent an in-game mail letting you know about it. However, if you’re already logged in when that happens, you need to change maps to receive it.

Why do events always start at Noon when most people are having lunch or at work / in class?

Why not have it later in the day, during peak hours when more people are free?

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

(edited by DreamOfACure.4382)

Posted by: Arizone.3614

Arizone.3614

I agree with the above, these details should be shared outright and not leaving players wondering.

Posted by: Cathbadb.6079

Cathbadb.6079

Why do events always start at Noon when most people are having lunch at work or in school?

Because they need to debug the new patched content before they release the event by throwing their customers to the Wolves of Disconnection Errors and the Clan of the Bugged Events.

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

I’ve had a quick check, too. I can’t see the heralds. Anyone found them, or are they something that’ll also appear officially on the 29th PST?

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

Because they need to debug the new patched content before they release the event by throwing their customers to the Wolves of Disconnection Errors and the Clan of the Bugged Events.

Two great guild names right there!

Posted by: mechanicalman.8645

mechanicalman.8645

so were looking at the 29th then. I guess what their saying is the patch get released on 1/28 in preperation for the actual event on 1/29. my guess there will be another giant build release at that point. And I went crazy looking for something that would point me in the right direction.

Grenth’s Agent of Death

Posted by: LinkR.6190

LinkR.6190

Will we be at any risk of missing out on any of the world events hitting the server around that time if we are unable to attend it when it starts? I won’t be getting home from my classes till like 5 Pacific Time.

Posted by: Zahara.3842

Zahara.3842

If you go into Hoelbrak, there are Charr standing around with the nameplate, Traveler, have they always been there?

Posted by: Xuro.5861

Xuro.5861

Is it a one time event or will it repeat infinite times afterwards?

Posted by: Jezath.7395

Jezath.7395

OK, heralds will have the name heralds i suspect and they will appear prolly tommorow.

As for the information, i think its best if thats in the patch notes. Bit silly to have the whiole player base being confused and staying up till 3am to then come on forums and fin out they been wasting there time. anyway you got next patch to get that right i suppose.

Tis not what they can do for you
Tis only what you can do for all

Posted by: toafarmer.8401

toafarmer.8401

Why do events always start at Noon when most people are having lunch or at work / in class?

What makes you think everybody is in the same timezone you are?

Posted by: Scar Rufo.7935

Scar Rufo.7935

I was on Diessa Plateau finally doing my dailies and I saw what appear to be “campfire” locations. There is a new tab on my Hero panel that says I should lit campfires, gather mementos and aid the migration; but thanks Anet for the notice that there is nothing happening til tomorrow. I guess it will be a lot like Punkin carving, as the tab lists 4 tiers…

Posted by: bluejay.6739

bluejay.6739

Just for future reference, something that starts on the 29th doesn’t really start on the 28th… I didn’t think I needed to spell something like this out…

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

Its not a one time event and it’s not a race. So what is the issue with when it starts? Regardless of what time it is, there will be people at work, school, or busy with other obligations.

Also, it was in the patch notes:
“Heralds
Starting shortly after the January 28^th^ update, heralds will begin appearing in cities across Tyria. Their task is to keep adventurers apprised of the events currently underway that are driving the Living Story forward. Be sure to check in with them if you need direction.”

So there you go.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

They aren’t one time events, are they?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Aoshi.4785

Regina, appreciate the heads up, really do.

Thanks ^__^

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Question, will this be a one time event or we can do it anytime?

Loybo.2018

They aren’t one time events, are they?

I of course can’t be sure, but I suspect they’re trying out a new storytelling medium that finds happy-medium between One-Time Map Events and incremental static map/world changes, by having those incremental static changes occur over the period of a week or two. You wouldn’t miss anything specific, though you might miss as much as you’d miss your first time through a map.

Or I’m overly-optimistic.

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

To clarify, the “Prequel” starts on the 29th? Or the prequel has started now, and concludes tomorrow when the actual event begins?

Posted by: Stormdancer.4972

Stormdancer.4972

Heralds? What heralds? Where heralds? I haven’t seen anybody who’s heralded anything, anywhere!

Posted by: cainejw.7142

cainejw.7142

What makes you think everybody is in the same timezone you are?

What makes you think everybody can stay home at 12 PM Pacific (1 Mountain, 2 Central, 3 Eastern) to play this game then the time is clearly geared to, say, GMT where it just happens to be 8 PM.

It’s becoming clear that they gear their events to Europe.

Posted by: CosmicChopsticks.2876

CosmicChopsticks.2876

Does it really matter when these events start? They stated before that there won’t be any one time events like in Lost Shores, so what’s the fuss? You get just as much time to play it as everyone else, just can’t start until you would normally start playing.

No time they chose would suit everyone, and there would always be some childish people complaining on the forums, so why bother trying to make everyone happy when they can’t do anything right?

Crazy (Jess/Dave/Chuck), The Karma Initiative [rddt]
Aurora Glade