Huge ruins spider overscaling?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

I don’t know how long this has been going on but it seems that the huge ruin spider from the event at Mount Maelstrom is overscaling. Has anyone else completed this event in the past and remember if it always had so much health?

Posted by: Xan Thav.5369

Xan Thav.5369

It’s been like this since launch. The spider isn’t over scaling, it just isn’t a normal boss right from the start.

Even though the game says it’s normal, the Huge Ruins Spider has more HP than a champion-tier foe, without taking into account the amount of people actually trying to kill her. That’s why it’s so hard to kill.

I kitten love kittens! :3

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Certainly always seemed to be a Champ level enemy to me. Not sure about the scaling as I’ve never taken her on with more than half a dozen others in the area.

I’ve soloed her on every character I have….her patterns make her very predictable and her high HP just make the fight with her longish.

Now if they have changed her with some recent patches…..(it’s been a month or so since I took her on).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

There’s a thread over in the Bug subforum about this, and apparently they’re looking into it.

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

It’s been like this since launch. The spider isn’t over scaling, it just isn’t a normal boss right from the start.

Even though the game says it’s normal, the Huge Ruins Spider has more HP than a champion-tier foe, without taking into account the amount of people actually trying to kill her. That’s why it’s so hard to kill.

This. The reason people are now taking notice of it is because of the larger pool of players on the same map due to megaserver.

Add event scaling on top of the spider’s already broken non scaled stats, and you get a mob that has an exponential amount of health.

I recall fighting the spider alone just a few months after release and giving up because of the sheer amount of HP it had. I knew to avoid it from then on.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

I don’t know how long this has been going on but it seems that the huge ruin spider from the event at Mount Maelstrom is overscaling. Has anyone else completed this event in the past and remember if it always had so much health?

That’s not overscaling, she’s bloody invincible.

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

This. The reason people are now taking notice of it is because of the larger pool of players on the same map due to megaserver.

Add event scaling on top of the spider’s already broken non scaled stats, and you get a mob that has an exponential amount of health.

I recall fighting the spider alone just a few months after release and giving up because of the sheer amount of HP it had. I knew to avoid it from then on.

Yet, maybe 2 months ago, I remember my at-level character beating her and she felt no worse than a comprable champ. I think she got fixed, but broke again somewhere along the line.

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I seriously remember from longerish ago that yes it took longer to defeat the spider. But not to a degree that the HP bar did not budge a bit for (what feels like) minutes.

Now when I encountered it a week or two back again there was no zerg at the spider, maybe 5 people, that should not result in such a drastic form of up-scaling.

But who knows, maybe it’s a combination.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

I have happily soloed the spider earlier this year a few times. Then experienced it megaserver style (lots of other players around the ruins), and it became a bit more of a challenge. That particular time I was playing on my engi, which I’d not looked at in any serious way for about a year, so it could explain a little clunkiness. It wasn’t especially dangerous, just seemed to have extra XP to account for the other players.

Then I came across it whilst alone once more (I think it was last week). I could hardly scratch it with my main character, and it didn’t even have its little friends with it (I suspect someone else had a go and got them out of the way ahead of my being there). I actually had to run away from it! Have never had to do that before, even if it was something of a back-and-forth kind of fight previously. I didn’t see anyone else in the ruins at all, but I suppose they could have all been nesting on the rich platinum node, twiddling their thumbs and watching me bravely run away from the oversized arachnid.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

I killed her with another guildie – took something like a half hour.

Although, I think she was fixed at one point. When I first ran across the spider, the fight wasn’t something exceedingly memorable and I forgot about it.

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Spider is fine. Main problem just is that killing these things really isn’t worth it. Bosses who nobody bother kill should drop better loot. This would make players scatter around world and actually search mobs that have been alive long time.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch