Hype is real again!!!!

Hype is real again!!!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

After the Legendary “promises,” it will be a while before I’m excited by coming attractions.

No hype for you ANet.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Hype is real again!!!!

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Raid portal high up in the air and a waypoint inside the aerodrome. Sounds like a raid lobby.

Hype is real again!!!!

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Yay more content aimed at a small percentage of the player base.

Well, if it’s moving the raid portals out of VB, then it’s actually just the opposite. It’s getting that small percentage of players out of the way of anyone else that is wanting to do VB events.

Given that they’re supposed to be making the HoT zones more relaxed (my words, not theirs), this is actually a good step.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Hype is real again!!!!

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Hype is worthless.

Hype is real again!!!!

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Hype is worthless.

On that I’ll agree.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Hype is real again!!!!

Posted by: MoarChaos.8320

MoarChaos.8320

New raid lobby would be a great thing, don’t know why there are so many Debby Downers. Whether you don’t like raids or want to talk about the legendary weapons until the end of time there’s no need to belittle any progress that happens. Progress of any kind is always a good thing. I only do pvp daily rooms occasionally, and sometimes guild pvp missions. It’d be ridiculous to complain about updates that are heavily pvp based just because I choose not to do them. So just enjoy the game as normal and if you can’t enjoy the game because of something that was never there, take a healthy break until you can enjoy it again.

Hype is real again!!!!

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

New raids to me is whatever the opposite word for Hype is. ;/

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Hype is real again!!!!

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Discouraged is probably the word you are looking for.

Got to say with the teaser video and the new image indicating a connection to raids, I am not exactly filled with hope for the Spring update.

I have got my fingers crossed they have something amazing up their sleeves, but I really doubt it. If they had something great to give us they would be showing it off already.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Hype is real again!!!!

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Well it looked quite good till i saw a raid portal… then all hype lost, i have no interest in raiding sadly.

Agreed completely.

Hype is real again!!!!

Just a flesh wound.3589

There was a Reddit post 9 days ago where someone made predictions based on dev sources. The original has the links to the sources.

Predictions for April update

Lemony800

First off, I want to say that most of this is speculation. However, these are my predictions for what we may be getting with the April Update or at least what they have been working on.
To start, will we be getting any sort of preview of this update in a blog just like the blog we got for the January Update? I think the answer is no. We will be getting the patch notes on the day of the update and I doubt we will be getting a preview. This is based off a few things:
First that the information regarding the WvW updates with this patch will be coming with the patch notes rather than a blog. Source
Then, that Mike O’Brien says that he wants to make us happy with what they ship, not what they promise. He wants to focus on actions not words. Source
What will this patch contain? (Speculation, I know) Sure, it may not all happen but this is an idea of what may come.

Particle Effects
We will see the addition of particle effects options and the restoration of older more flashy skills for those that want to use them. Source

HoT Stuff
We will see most if not all adventures be open most if not all the time. Source
We will see Hero Points become soloable. Source
More spaced out rewards that won’t come at the end of an hour plus long event. Source
We will see the Mastery grind become significantly shortened. See above.
We will see HoT meta events become independent of timers. See above.
This one is a big maybe but HoT Dailes may come as well. Source
Improvements to obtaining HoT gear. Source
Megaserver changes are coming. Source
Scribing cost reductions. Source
Raid LFG and LFG changes in general Source
Also Colin on LFG Source

SPvP
Reworking existing maps. Source
Skyhammer rework was discussed. Source

Dungeons
Rewards may be restored to some level. Source

WvW
Proof of Heroics become account bound. Source
Live beta test of Rewards and Population balance. Source
Layout improvements to Desert Borderlands. Source
Rework to Stability Source

Legendary Weapons
1 new Legendary Weapon with collections. Source

Fractals (these seem more tentative than other ones, we know some stuff will come but not what exactly)
Maybe finish Legendary Backpack Source
Maybe daily rework. Source
New incentives to do fractals other than swamp. Source
New instabilities and reworks to make fractals more mechanically interesting at higher scales Source
Another post on the same topic Source

Balance Update
There will be a balance update. There will be balance updates every quarter. Source

Other Stuff
Chris hints at a buy interface update. Source
So, then what day will the update occur? Again, we are left in the dark but we can surmise that since both SAB and the PvP season are both ending on the 19th that it seems most likely that they will ship then. If not the 19th, then the 26th.
(Edit) Server Crashes
Fixing Server Crashes Source

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Hype is real again!!!!

Aedelric.1287

Should we be going off speculation now?

Personally I prefer to go by facts, and unfortunately what we know for fact is not impressive. If they have an extensive list like that Reddit user suggests then they should be telling us it all now, rather than disappointing everyone with an eleven second teaser that shows nothing.

Hype is real again!!!!

Just a flesh wound.3589

Should we be going off speculation now?

Personally I prefer to go by facts, and unfortunately what we know for fact is not impressive. If they have an extensive list like that Reddit user suggests then they should be telling us it all now, rather than disappointing everyone with an eleven second teaser that shows nothing.

They not going to tell us ahead of time anymore. As Mike O’Brien already said, he wants to make us happy with what they ship, not what they promise. He wants to focus on actions not words. So, at this point and probably from now on before any update, speculation is all we have or will have.

ANet may give it to you.

Hype is real again!!!!

Aedelric.1287

They not going to tell us ahead of time anymore. As Mike O’Brien already said, he wants to make us happy with what they ship, not what they promise. He wants to focus on actions not words. So, at this point and probably from now on before any update, speculation is all we have or will have.

Well, not like they were an open book before, getting information from them in the past was like getting blood from a stone.

I hope Mike can make us happy with what they ship, but nothing they have shown us is giving people hope that it will happen. If the teaser is showing all we are getting then they probably would have been best not showing it as the video killed a lot of peoples enthusiasm.

Speculation helps no one, especially Arena Net. Last thing they need are people thinking up what might be in the update and other spreading that information around, it is a sure fire way to get a lot of people disappointed.

Hype is real again!!!!

Just a flesh wound.3589

Well, not like they were an open book before, getting information from them in the past was like getting blood from a stone.

I hope Mike can make us happy with what they ship, but nothing they have shown us is giving people hope that it will happen. If the teaser is showing all we are getting then they probably would have been best not showing it as the video killed a lot of peoples enthusiasm.

Speculation helps no one, especially Arena Net. Last thing they need are people thinking up what might be in the update and other spreading that information around, it is a sure fire way to get a lot of people disappointed.

Oh well. If there’s no facts to talk about and speculation isn’t allowed, then it’s going to be a pretty short thread.

I just put it up there. It’s speculation but it’s based on things the Devs have actually said about what is coming and each Dev quote is cited on the original. I think people are smart enough to read it, check the dev sources listed and see if it’s worth considering, even if you don’t.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Hype is real again!!!!

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

you know how we can portal trought…well portals to get into dungeons,fractals and raids and how we killed mobs there? well plot twist, now mobs can get trough and will hunt us like karkas did and if you get killed by a portal mob you lose money!

Hype is real again!!!!

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Hardly hype. But saying the Heart of Thorns maps will get some kind of overhaul is a safe bet.

Gone to Reddit.

Hype is real again!!!!

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Well… Actually it feels to early to release another raid part. It was not that long ago that Sloth came. Probably (This is what I hope) they may have moved the Raid instance but there is a LS Prologue baked in to this, something that this small Legendary weapons team has been working on a little while before the news about legendaries. May not be much but it could be something small to do while waiting for the true LS.

They where not doing this kind of Hype last time they did a raid wing, I think that they think this will be something special for most players, not just raiders. (I am keeping my hopes up, not hyping)

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Hype is real again!!!!

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

Maybe a portal to experience raid in casual way to only discover the story tied to raids?

Hype is real again!!!!

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

They said they are not developing easy mode for raids. What I think is that they will ship LFG tool 2.0 and some tools to learn raiding easier.

Hype is real again!!!!

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

By the way, raids are awesome and I bet majority of their haters are people incapable of making friends in game to raid properly.

As someone who hasn’t raided yet I’d say many of the “actively distrustful dislikers” have poor experiences of similar content in other games. Casting aspersions on people like this is pretty poor.

Okay, maybe it wasn’t nice to say 90% percent, but from my experience I know there are many people hating it just for that reason. If you didn’t try raiding in GW2 you definitely should! It is very different to WoW raiding. And actually not even that hard. The last raid night with my guild we killed the first two bosses on the first try and the last boss on like the third. I must tell you it is extremely rewarding seeing how you and your friends get better and better until you are actually able to finish the whole wing before the 1 hour long food consumable runs out

Yeah, I’m sure there are people hating raids “just because” but there are many reasons. Amazingly enough, and honestly you didn’t strike a nerve, but I was thinking just during the week that I’ve been playing this game for over three years now and haven’t met anyone in game that I’ve wanted to know for more than the conversation I had with them. Doing the raids is something I want to try at some point but I have a load of things to do in game. What you’re experiencing with your guild is something I love about MMOs. Nice work.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Hype is real again!!!!

Posted by: ApO.1498

ApO.1498

I’ll wait here until the release

Attachments:

Hype is real again!!!!

Posted by: Frediosz.2718

Frediosz.2718

This only means don’t promise things we can’t deliver – like Plebeian weapons.

But hey! Gem store crud keeps popping out (mostly outfits which look like … nevermind…) and there is an X-pac being worked on… and let’s pray to all gods that mankind ever had it will be better then HoT (a DLC…)