I am EXTREMELY offended.

I am EXTREMELY offended.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I rate this troll post 3/10 just cuz it pointed out something slightly amusing that I wasn’t aware of, but goes a bit too far and ruins the humor.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Posted by: zerorogue.9410

zerorogue.9410

As soon as I saw the female asuran pit fighter armor I knew this thread was coming…

Whoever made the female asuran armor really wasn’t thinking when they did it. (or more likely just copy/pasted the male armor.)
There are actually multiple armor pieces that have the asuran go “topless”

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

For anybody who is saying Asura are not mammals

http://guildwars2.pl/about_lore_and_mechanics_with_eric_flannum_guildwarspl_exclusive,a545

Interview with Eric Flannum, lead content designer at Arenanet, he is asked about Asuran biology and blatantly states they are mammals, complete with mammary glands.

I think this settles it. They have mammary glands with a biology extremely close to humans. There are NIPPLES and they are THERE. They need to be COVERED.

Make a petition for pasties.

At this point, it would be better than this full on nudity.

I would answer you, but I am busy being offended by my dogs nipples. She has short hair and I can see them clearly. I’ll get back to you as soon as I get them covered up. Plus there is a personal area that shows clearly. O.o

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

As soon as I saw the female asuran pit fighter armor I knew this thread was coming…

Whoever made the female asuran armor really wasn’t thinking when they did it. (or more likely just copy/pasted the male armor.)

It’s the same with female charr’s too :P. I do not find it extremely offended, but only just lack of creativity on their part. So I hope they can come up with some cool armor sets for those asuran / charr girls

Pineapples

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Posted by: Bearcats.2340

Bearcats.2340

It’s the same with female charr’s too :P. I do not find it extremely offended, but only just lack of creativity on their part. So I hope they can come up with some cool armor sets for those asuran / charr girls

That would be a best case scenario I think. I think that both females of those races deserve their own cloth sets.

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Posted by: Torpian.9142

Torpian.9142

I’m extremely offended that the Norn, who are not human, are forced to wear clothing. I know a few Nornies and they hate wearing clothes, especially the female variety. Let the Asura have all the clothing the Norn no longer need.

Wardens of Myth, Tarnished Coast

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Posted by: Bearcats.2340

Bearcats.2340

I’m extremely offended that the Norn, who are not human, are forced to wear clothing. I know a few Nornies and they hate wearing clothes, especially the female variety. Let the Asura have all the clothing the Norn no longer need.

This is a splendid idea! As long as all full on nudity is contained.

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Posted by: Archmortal.1027

Archmortal.1027

I am extremely offended and disappointed with what I am seeing here. My friend, who happens to have a female Asura, put on their new armor set. I viewed the set on the Asura and my Norn was nothing but ashamed. There is BLATANT NUDITY with this armor set and most likely some others due to negligence on Arena Net’s part. Last I checked, there was no full on nudity warnings with Guild War 2’s ESRB rating and I demand that something be done. Not for my sake, but for the community. This could also be considered degrading to females because it forces female Asura to wear male Asura clothing, as to say that they have no choice in the matter, even if it does cause nudity. I’m disappointed Arena Net, I had more faith in you. You had my trust, but it’s starting to slip. I think it’s time to step up your game.

Whoa man, slow down. How did you get the game to look like Minecraft?! I need to know!

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

This is clearly an injustice. That poor asura is going to get some terribly uncomfortable cuts and scratches next time it enters combat…

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Yes, I am offended I’m not seeing MORE armor like this.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/48009-asuras-and-nudity/
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/18244-asura-male-and-female-appearance/
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/49039-female-asura-use-male-asura-armor-models/

Heres a small piece from one of those links:

“yeah, asura females use the male armor models. Also the charr females. Why?
Basically because those armors were designed for male and female humans first, so the male/female version of armors does only make sense for having different female/male appearances (means: different anatomy). Female Charr and Asura do not have a different anatomy (charr females have a different tail, different head-options, but no different body build, asura females do only have different hairstyles and face options).
And because the armors were designed for human models first (except racial armor), they are designed for characters with human anatomy differences between genders. If you have now an armor model designed to show breasts, and give it to an asura or charr, it would look absolutely silly. This is why they wear male armor models, what is completely fine. "

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

(edited by Geotherma.2395)

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

1. female asura in pitfighter is weird

2. extremely offended? prude much? no seriously, it’s 2013 get out and smell the fresh air outside

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Brutalistik.6473

If you have now an armor model designed to show breasts, and give it to an asura or charr, it would look absolutely silly. This is why they wear male armor models, what is completely fine. "

So they need those to have different armor sets huh? Go figure…..
Still be cool if they get something different than just the blatant male armor copies. It could be similar to the female human, sylvari or norn armor sets, but just happens to be flat…know what I’m saying? At least it will be different which brings them some on another level.

Pineapples

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Posted by: Salt.4621

Salt.4621

I am extremely offended and disappointed with what I am seeing here. My friend, who happens to have a female Asura, put on their new armor set. I viewed the set on the Asura and my Norn was nothing but ashamed. There is BLATANT NUDITY with this armor set and most likely some others due to negligence on Arena Net’s part. Last I checked, there was no full on nudity warnings with Guild War 2’s ESRB rating and I demand that something be done. Not for my sake, but for the community. This could also be considered degrading to females because it forces female Asura to wear male Asura clothing, as to say that they have no choice in the matter, even if it does cause nudity. I’m disappointed Arena Net, I had more faith in you. You had my trust, but it’s starting to slip. I think it’s time to step up your game.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I do not play an Asura so I wasn’t aware of this blatant and vile smear against female Asuran’s and players of Guild Wars 2 in general.

I am done with this game until this is fixed.

Disgusted!

“Your face is funny. All squished and weird.”

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Posted by: Archmortal.1027

Archmortal.1027

If you have now an armor model designed to show breasts, and give it to an asura or charr, it would look absolutely silly. This is why they wear male armor models, what is completely fine. "

Still be cool if they get something different than just the blatant male armor copies. It could be similar to the female human, sylvari or norn armor sets, but just happens to be flat…know what I’m saying? At least it will be different which brings them some on another level.

Disregarding that the OP was obviously joking and people seem to be taking him seriously (not you specifically)… it would actually make less sense to give female charr and asura flat-chested female armor models. It doesn’t suit their culture or lore at all. Female charr especially would probably be EXTREMELY offended by the notion at this stage of their climb on the social hierarchy ladder.

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Posted by: Salt.4621

Salt.4621

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I do not play an Asura so I wasn’t aware of this blatant and vile smear against female Asuran’s and players of Guild Wars 2 in general.

I am done with this game until this is fixed or at the very least floral tassles are applied.

Disgusted!

“Your face is funny. All squished and weird.”

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

I kittened.

1+1 = potato

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Posted by: GamerToukotsu.4219

GamerToukotsu.4219

I’m going to put this as nicely as possible.

There is nothing wrong with this style for Asura as they are not humans. They do not have breasts therefor they are not showing any nudity at all. The same can be mentioned about Charr, see above.

Next time you want to complain about something learn about it before you post.

Illusory Ally [TFD]
Illusionary Ally [TFD]
Devona’s Rest

I am EXTREMELY offended.

LameFox.6349

If one type works for both sexes in their species/culture, why would you still consider it ‘male’?

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Brutalistik.6473

Disregarding that the OP was obviously joking and people seem to be taking him seriously (not you specifically)… it would actually make less sense to give female charr and asura flat-chested female armor models. It doesn’t suit their culture or lore at all. Female charr especially would probably be EXTREMELY offended by the notion at this stage of their climb on the social hierarchy ladder.

Oh boy here comes the reality versus fantasy / oranges and apples speech. Aye yai yai

Pineapples

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

@ OP:

Charr female:
http://a.images.blip.tv/Gbtvnewsbreak9-GuildWars2CharrFemaleCharacterCreator178-918.jpg

Uncovered where right breast should be.

Who says Asura even have nipples? Who says they are even mammals? They may not even be meat-animals? Who knows? They could be made out of tofu

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Posted by: Schwarznebel.5693

Schwarznebel.5693

Yeha and that charr top cloth is just a decorative item. Their nipples (they have much more than two, too) are hidden under the fur anyways.
And honestly…. if you hate that armor, get another skin for your Asura! xD
(I’m already surprised we don’t have any femenist posts in the forum who cry about women being so skinny, beautiful and showing much skin. Usually you always get some female trolls who think they get reduced and need to make drama about it…)

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Posted by: FenGuild.1097

FenGuild.1097

This thread was funny and cool until it drifted off into boring topics like crappy lore etc. Oh well the thread derailers are here once again. If they want different armor sets for the female asuras and charrs. Then give it to them to put smiles on their faces. I like creativity.

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

ANet needs to put pasties in the gem shop for the female Asura and the Charr, as well as for the males wearing this armor. Only this way can the game be saved.

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Posted by: Sharpoon.8197

Sharpoon.8197

Are we living in the 19th century of something? I’m guessing the op thinks that exposed ankles are the devil’s work!

I am EXTREMELY offended.

LameFox.6349

Are we living in the 19th century of something? I’m guessing the op thinks that exposed ankles are the devil’s work!

Who did turn out to be responsible for that?

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

I can’t see a thing, are you running GW2 on a potato?

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

Funny, sunday morning entertainment. And tomorrow we get offended because Rata Sum is floating above the ground which is giving our children a completely twisted sense about gravity and the worlds order which can not be tolerated. xD

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

10/10 would read again

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Posted by: Curae.1837

Curae.1837

Oh dear… :’D
This thread is just… hilarious.

Anyway OP: Not only do the Asura have a different culture, they’re an entirely different race.
They lived under the ground (so no contact with humans and their culture) and find themselves superior. They have no need to cover their ‘breasts’ or better said, flat chests.
Honestly I do not think a single child will be offended, or ‘scarred for life’ or anything by seeing an Asuran flat chest.
You argument that they’re mammals is invalid imo. All the playable races are mammals… And not all mammals in real life wear clothing.

Are you offended that there are so called ‘lost tribes’ in the real world too who do not wear clothing at all? Who actually have human anatomy? gasp boobies.

“When we remember that we are all mad.
The mysteries dissapear and life stands explained.”

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

I do not see anything wrong with your picture. Mine on the otherhand…

Well, the bug was fixed after over 4months.

I am writing a letter to MY OWN congressman. I am HIGHLY displeased with Arena Net for not fixing this right away!

You have your own congressman?

omg. We shouldn’t trifle with this one…

Sarcasm aside, please tell us what is the congressman’s name and response to your letter.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Posted by: nowitsawn.1276

nowitsawn.1276

I am offended by OP’s choice of dyes.

I shot the seraph~
But I didn’t shoot the thackeray

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Can I just point out that the real-life taboo on showing breasts/nipples has nothing to do with whether or not they’re used to rear children. There is nothing controversial about feeding your kids in public. (Well, except when they start running around a restaurant screaming, but that’s a different issue.)

It’s because breasts are a secondary sexual characteristic – something an animal shows off to attract a mate. You don’t actually need them to feed kids, most mammals do perfectly well with the mammary glands hidden inside their bodies and only the nipples showing (and sometimes even the nipples only show when they’re lactating).

Having spent thousands of years evolving breasts so women can show off that they’re mature, fertile adults that would do a totally awesome job of raising kids to every man who happens to see them from the front or side most societies in the last few centuries have done a big about-face and decided this is something that should only happen in certain times and places, preferably in private and after most of the courtship has already happened. It’s weird but that’s biology and/or human society for you.

So whether asura are mammals or have nipples is really a moot point. They quite clearly don’t have boobs so the same attitudes and conventions simply don’t apply.

And on another note if anyone is really serious about this, or other perceived nudity, it’s really the ESRB or PEGI or your countries rating board that you should be annoyed at because they’re the ones who are responsible for deciding this game is suitable for teenagers. (It’s rated 12+ in the UK, Teen in America and I assume similarly in other countries.) Whilst developers can choose an age rating to aim for and can decide to adjust content to get the one they want they aren’t actually responsible for making sure their game conforms to the requirements. They make the game they want and if they’re told everything in it is suitable for teens they have no reason to question that.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

LOL

Lost it. Lost so hard.

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Posted by: FourthVariety.5463

FourthVariety.5463

To quote Jeff Grub:
“the Asura tend to have a traditional human-style relationship – parents have children.”

Source Interview:
http://www.wartower.de/artikel/artikel.php?id=622

p.s.: I am offended by the OPs lack of texture resolution.

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

The first thing that came to my mind when I saw this thread:

Attachments:

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

Is that a Predator out of cloak mode just above the middle of your minimap?

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Pirlipat.2479

Asuran females are not naked they just wear invisible underwear. :P

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Posted by: Arawn.3674

Arawn.3674

The first thing that came to my mind when I saw this thread:

Agreed.

Dekk Under The Wind
Aurora Glade – Thievery Corporation [iSpy]

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

I think you should play TERA instead.

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Is this really happening?

Are the troll of the year awards coming up?

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Gotta love low moderation presence on weekends.

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Asara is like a Animal. How many animals do you see naked?

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Pirlipat.2479

:O We are clearly not humans but we are NOT animals. goes and writes to *her arcane council member -.-

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Onshidesigns.1069

ANet needs to put pasties in the gem shop for the female Asura and the Charr, as well as for the males wearing this armor. Only this way can the game be saved.

I want small flower pasties for my Sylvari

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Posted by: CoRtex.2157

CoRtex.2157

I can understand why this game can be pretty disturbing towards children. In the past i’ve seen pretty much full nude characters. If the character would have underwear etc on the base model, this wouldn’t have happened. I don’t mind it, but i can see why some people are really offended by this.

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Onshidesigns.1069

:O We are clearly not humans but we are NOT animals. goes and writes to *her arcane council member -.-

You look like food to me.

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I want small flower pasties for my Sylvari

You do know what flowers are right? I always blush when I go past a flower shop. Can’t believe how brazen and disgusting some people can be. I mean right there out in the open!

I am EXTREMELY offended.

Pirlipat.2479

You look like food to me.

Ha! Beware you don’t bite off more than you can chew. We have pretty sharp teeth and.. you know that other stuff golems and such… xD