I am against new colors of Meteorologicus

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

I’d like to point out nobody here has definitely seen the updated Meteorlogicus. That screenshot could easily be an old screenshot of it with some sort of profession/environmental effect.

The white sun and blue glow around it never changes no matter where you’re at. I can provide screenshot evidence of that.

Anyway, I’m just going to wait and see. A day/night cycle could be cool, but one of my favourite things about the weapon is its blue glow. All I wanted was some cloudy footsteps and perhaps a bit of a glow aura for the user like other legendaries have and not changing anything else about its look. But, we’ll see.

Posted by: Hamartia.3421

Hamartia.3421

I’d like to point out nobody here has definitely seen the updated Meteorlogicus. That screenshot could easily be an old screenshot of it with some sort of profession/environmental effect.

The white sun and blue glow around it never changes no matter where you’re at. I can provide screenshot evidence of that.

Anyway, I’m just going to wait and see. A day/night cycle could be cool, but one of my favourite things about the weapon is its blue glow. All I wanted was some cloudy footsteps and perhaps a bit of a glow aura for the user like other legendaries have and not changing anything else about its look. But, we’ll see.

The Sunrise aura would have been perfect with almost not weaks, just a bit of blue/yellow glow.

Hamartia.3421

I really hope Anet doesn’t go through with this.

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

I’m with Evon on this one.
shrugs

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

Unlike the OP, Meteorlogicus’ blue was the only reason why I STOPPED being a TA armor charr.

If it turns purple I will be forced to don the wedding dress again so my outfit matches both legendaries. And I’d have to stop using a Zodiac Dagger and get Peacemaker/Nightmare.

Before and After Meteorlogicus entered his life:

Attachments:

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

Evans.6347

Unlike the OP, Meteorlogicus’ blue was the only reason why I STOPPED being a TA armor charr.

If it turns purple I will be forced to don the wedding dress again so my outfit matches both legendaries. And I’d have to stop using a Zodiac Dagger and get Peacemaker/Nightmare.

It’s like watching an extreme make-over show.

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

You know one update the weapon needs badly: to not clip so much with skirts. I had to give up wearing my TA armor as the skirt obscures it.

Posted by: Lokki.1092

Lokki.1092

I think people are exaggerating, it’s not really going to ruin anybody’s look and it does look nice indeed, I don’t have a metoerlogicus but I think it looks awesome, then there is also the fact that it makes sense, the stars are also a nice addition

You don’t have a Meteorlogicus.

The stars are nice.

I mean c’mon. What weapons do you have? How would you feel if Anet just completely went and changed the color?

Sure, if your Volcanus suddenly turned blue it would be awesome, but some of the people with Volcanus wanted Red. That’s why they made Volcanus.

My mystic spikes once turned from red lightning effects to blue… I feel for the OP. It is never fun to have the graphics on the gear you work for to just suddenly be changed espeicially if they now clash with your outfit.

Many MMOs have an exchange system for times like this. If you want the new skin exchange yours for the new skin at an NPC, if you want to keep the old skin then don’t. All items going forward will use the new skin. Very simple stuff here.

Posted by: iriyabran.6218

iriyabran.6218

Well I know I don’t have a goal anymore :/
I was going for this look but now I might sell my precursor since it’s gone up.
Or I can still make it but if it’s night/day effect I should avoid night like the plague…like not ever doing TA and stuff like that >_>

Attachments:

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

what is it with people and coloring themselves white with this weapon?

you can hardly even tell where armor ends and the weapon begins. i dont think you guys even want to know youre carrying a legendary. you just want to be eyesores in dark places…. or blend in to frostgorge.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Gburzak.7035

Gburzak.7035

Yep you got it, we all want to blend in Frostgorge. And we definitely don’t want to blend in Blazeridge Steppes.

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

I’d hate to play hide-and-seek in the Shiverpeaks with some of you people!

iriyabran.6218

Uh oh someone’s using max post processing. Turn that kitten off man it’s bad for ya.

Evans.6347

Everyone should be white and shiny and nobody can possibly be hurt!

(edited by Evans.6347)

iriyabran.6218

Assuming you didn’t see the post right above yours I have doubts who’s blind but hey as long as the topic gets bumped.

edit: Evans I am happy. I think it’s hilarious that you edited out your post.
For me it’s the biggest proof that you acknowledge me as the person who’s right in the argument after you decided to flamebite me first for no reason.

(edited by iriyabran.6218)

Evans.6347

Happy now? Now go shine your light and bright up someone else’s world.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I still think the OP’s character looks like a fluffy Charr cloud. Suits the weapon.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

zencow.3651

It’s like watching an extreme make-over show.

For the first 3 days of getting BiFrost and that outfit, I felt very nauseous from all the rainbow.

Hamartia.3421

what is it with people and coloring themselves white with this weapon?

you can hardly even tell where armor ends and the weapon begins. i dont think you guys even want to know youre carrying a legendary. you just want to be eyesores in dark places…. or blend in to frostgorge.

Doesn’t matter. People chose Meteorlogicus with a specific look in mind— a look that did not include Purple.

Posted by: Xaielao.8510

Xaielao.8510

You know, since you can change the dye on your gear at any point, it’d be easy to just work up a ‘day’ and ‘night’ color scheme. Once you get it down it’d take seconds to switch it up.

Hell, people’d probably think your cool for changing with your weapon.

Hamartia.3421

Anet hasn’t mentioned Purple in any of the dev previews, and the new textures look great.

Footsteps are bleh, but as long as its not purple— thank God.

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

Anet hasn’t mentioned Purple in any of the dev previews, and the new textures look great.

Footsteps are bleh, but as long as its not purple— thank God.

https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/0c6a807-Legendary-Weapons.jpg

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

Take a look from anet’s point of view, people have been asking for more effects for the meteorlogicus for months now, and foot steps would’ve ruined it for even more people, give it sunrise aura and people would start saying anet is so lazy it gives the aura of legendary GS to meteorlogicus, honestly, you guys ,like I said, are overreacting, purple and blue are very similar and it doesn’t ruin anyone’s look, most of you are even using celestial, white and purple come together, only look that will slightly get worse is hamartia’s and it can easily be solved by changing dyes…

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Hamartia.3421

Purple and blue are not similar. It’s not a remotely complimentary color to the existing look of the weapon.

And I do not want to change my dyes. ]

Let’s just make all the legendary purples then, if its such a non-issue for people.

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

Hi,

I planed carefuly my colors and style. In my case is white+light blue (NOT VIOLET)
I am owner of Meteorologicus that now perfectly fits my style (My zephyrite cap has same light blue effect).

Changing colors to violet/purple will ruin everything!
Do not do it!

/more animations https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTn6RlNLbJQ

OMG, that’s the most hideous charr I’ve ever seen, if they force you to change those colors, they will be doing you a favor!

Posted by: Septimus.2714

Septimus.2714

Hi,

I planed carefuly my colors and style. In my case is white+light blue (NOT VIOLET)
I am owner of Meteorologicus that now perfectly fits my style (My zephyrite cap has same light blue effect).

Do not do it!

OMG, that’s the most hideous charr I’ve ever seen, if they force you to change those colors, they will be doing you a favor!

Blah blah blah blah.
Say that to your mirror.

I am famous and loved on my server, your char is realy nothing worth mention.

Posted by: SeNoZinD.9874

SeNoZinD.9874

Hi,

Do not do it!

Blah blah blah blah.
Say that to your mirror.

My god your color combination burned my retinas. In my personal opinion, those really don’t suit a charr. However, I will say that the meteorlogicus looks good with those colors, and I’m sure it would be really different once they change it to the new one.

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

Hi,

Do not do it!

Blah blah blah blah.
Say that to your mirror.

Are you famous because any time you run by someone has a seizure? o.O it’s very…white and a funny looking charr (but I don’t prefer charr, so I’ probably say that for any charr! LOL).

That being said, is it that hard to get new dyes? o.O I too carefully dye my armor for my weapons, etc…but if I have to get a new weapon (for a new build in case of a nerf, etc), I just re-dye. It’s not like dyes are that hard to get…(I own them all on 1 character, and like 1/2 on another)

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

As a world fist Meteorlogicus http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWVT9sQLQrM, I humbly Anet please put back the blue/purple trails thing w/ the new effects.

R.I.P Kumu <3

Hamartia.3421

As a world fist Meteorlogicus http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWVT9sQLQrM, I humbly Anet please put back the blue/purple trails thing w/ the new effects.

Wow, congrats!

zencow.3651

I only made mine last week with fundings from Deadeye Dunwell but I wish it not to be purple too since I wasted a weapon token for a Zodiac Dagger to match it and everything…

Hamartia.3421

Can’t believe they did it.

Hamartia.3421

I only made mine last week with fundings from Deadeye Dunwell but I wish it not to be purple too since I wasted a weapon token for a Zodiac Dagger to match it and everything…

That’s awful.