I am glad!

I am glad!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Huggywuggles.2814

Huggywuggles.2814

There are, in my humble opinion, two things that make a good game great. That is community and a relevant over world. The game I come from after playing there for eight long years (though worthwhile) has apparently decided to neuter both so I packed my juiceboxes and bendy straws and went searching for a game that fit my needs.

Upon entering Tyria, first as a Mesmer and now, my new main-an Asura Warrior (2h weapons and dual-wield 1h weapons), I have to say that thus far, Anet has done an astounding job of creating both.

There is a point to the jumping puzzles. There is a point to each and every action that my characters take and even those choices have ramifications and reflect my personal tastes. In addition, there are rewards (who doesn’t like those) to wandering around the world, being an active participant in the world, and enjoying the world.

The community has been MORE than welcoming. At almost all times of the day there are vast groups of players of all levels running about tackling all the challenges that Tyria has to offer and they are a tremendous bunch.

A prime example of this: I dinged 80 on my Mesmer and was trying to do the Personal Story line where I had to take down Zhaitan. I’m not real familiar with the LFG tool and I’d leveled solo the entire way. Upon asking in world chat if someone could help, they suggested the LFG tool. So I did use it. This person joined my group and proceeded to fine tune my group with the proper listings and in no time, I had a great group who was informative and helpful. In no time, Zhaitan was a goner.

I cannot WAIT to experience all that Tyria has to offer as an Asura Warrior. I cannot WAIT to be an active participant in the world. I cannot wait to be an active participant in these forums as I learn more and more about the game, it’s world, it’s mechanics and all that makes Guild Wars 2 the game I can now proudly call “Home”.

I am Huggywuggles, Asura Warrior. I bring you cool, refreshing, delicious juiceboxes…WITH BENDY STRAWS!!! for my fellow Tyrians and bring death, destruction, and misery and pain to the minions of the Elder Dragons.

I am glad to be HERE.

I am a Juicebox Hero. I poke straws in Risen Eyes.

I am glad!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Welcome to Tyria, and happy adventuring!

I am glad!

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Have fun playing ^^ And don’t read the forums. Reading the forums can be like drinking lemonade without the sugar. Lol.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

I am glad!

Huggywuggles.2814

LOL@Fleshwound. Actually, I ENJOY the forums (I did so with my last game as well). I think they offer a great deal of insight to not only the players but also a great deal of fun and a fantastic source of making new friends and accquaintances.

I am glad!

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

LOL@Fleshwound. Actually, I ENJOY the forums (I did so with my last game as well). I think they offer a great deal of insight to not only the players but also a great deal of fun and a fantastic source of making new friends and accquaintances.

Lol I’m glad you have such a positive outlook on the game and community. I wish more people like you would post and let Anet know they are doing something right for at least some part of the population. I feel the same way about the game, but I tend to get very cynical with some parts of the community.

I am glad!

Huggywuggles.2814

Lol I’m glad you have such a positive outlook on the game and community. I wish more people like you would post and let Anet know they are doing something right for at least some part of the population. I feel the same way about the game, but I tend to get very cynical with some parts of the community.

I’m the same way, but in the end, I think that I’ve most definitely found my ‘home away from home’. I couldn’t be happier, at least at the moment lol.

I am glad!

Posted by: Lindelle.3718

Lindelle.3718

Big welcome to the game!

Lindelle Ulfsvitr – Norn Ranger
“Walk with the pack. In the eyes of Wolf, we are all brothers and sisters.”

I am glad!

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Very much big welcome to the game!

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

I am glad!

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

a.. positive post.. on the forums!? BLASPHEMY! THIS IS THE REALM OF COMPLAINTS! BE GONE!

but seriously, welcome! I don’t log in much but if you ever have some questions or need something, feel free to mail me in game.

also, if you don’t know about it yet, this topic might be really helpful
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/OMG-If-you-only-knew-this-tips-for-new-players/first

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

I am glad!

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

welcome and have fun!

I am glad!

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Welcome to GW2. Don’t forget to dodge. Hope you enjoy your stay

I am glad!

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Welcome Huggywuggles – glad you joined us

I am glad!

Posted by: Hanayatori.3764

Hanayatori.3764

Welcome to Tyria. I hope you’ll enjoy your stay.

Are you, or rather, were you also the most fearsome Gnome warrior in all of Azeroth?

I am glad!

Just a flesh wound.3589

Are you, or rather, were you also the most fearsome Gnome warrior in all of Azeroth?

This guy? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/antonidas/Huggywuggles/simple

I read that forum occasionally, and that name does seem familiar.

ANet may give it to you.

I am glad!

Huggywuggles.2814

I was. I am now Huggywuggles, Tyria’s most Awesome and Awe Inspiring Asura Warrior and purveyor of cool, refreshing, delicious juiceboxes…WITH BENDY STRAWS!

(Let’s just hope my reputation doesn’t precede me, eh?)

I am glad!

Just a flesh wound.3589

I was. I am now Huggywuggles, Tyria’s most Awesome and Awe Inspiring Asura Warrior and purveyor of cool, refreshing, delicious juiceboxes…WITH BENDY STRAWS!

(Let’s just hope my reputation doesn’t precede me, eh?)

I hope you enjoy this game as much as you enjoyed WoW. Though I’ve always wondered if WoW players would like this game, seeing how different it is from that one in how the two are structured and the differences in what you can do in the two games for fun.

ANet may give it to you.

I am glad!

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Welcome to Tyria! Have fun and enjoy the game. The first time seeing all of the beautiful world anet has created is the best.

The forums can sometimes get a bit gloomy but pay them no attention. Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 are both enjoyed at ones own pace. Both games succeed in delivering a great experience and best of all (for both games so far), you can always take a break and come back having not lost anything (unlike most other mmos with powercreep where you start almost from scratch gear wise after a break).

Burn out does happen (especially since no raiding and constant gear grind) but many people return regularly when new content gets added. That being said, really try to find a nice guild since many of the fun events (guild missions, dungeons, fractals, wvw, etc.) are even more fun with people you know.

I am glad!

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i hope you necro this post in a year with your thoughts again~

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

I am glad!

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

The game is definitely fun, just bear in mind that most of the people complaining (like me) are just a bit salty that we have had next to no new content in quite a while simply because the team is focused on getting HoT ready (and that’s understandable, the team isn’t as big as a particular other MMO).
That and we’ve been doing pretty much the same thing for the past 3 years now.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

I am glad!

Posted by: Photonman.6241

Photonman.6241

If you like the personal story (like I did) then I definitely suggest getting the living world season 2 on the store. It costs a little but is super fun. It was free if you were playing at the time the episodes came out but I wasn’t playing at the time. Still I was able to save up over two weeks or so and pay for it with the exchange.

I am glad!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Welcome to Tyria and the forums. A bit more positivity here is exactly what we need.

I am glad!

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Gald you like it here! Find your own fun, and as long as you don’t worry about gear or wearing certain gear types, and form your own parties and play with those you wish to play with, you’ll enjoy the game much better by not worrying about gear or any of that stuff.

I’m in a guild called The Tarnished Coast Crusaders, who share my philosophy in working together and not worrying about superficial stuff like gear or stats or playing a certain way.

Feel free to ask me for an invite. You only need to be in a NA server.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

I am glad!

Huggywuggles.2814

Gald you like it here! Find your own fun, and as long as you don’t worry about gear or wearing certain gear types, and form your own parties and play with those you wish to play with, you’ll enjoy the game much better by not worrying about gear or any of that stuff.

I’m in a guild called The Tarnished Coast Crusaders, who share my philosophy in working together and not worrying about superficial stuff like gear or stats or playing a certain way.

Feel free to ask me for an invite. You only need to be in a NA server.

I will surely consider it, though I’m also considering rebuilding Juicebox Heroes (my old guild name) here in Tyria. Our mission? Will be to punch Elder Dragons straight in their juicebox and poke their eyes out with bendy straws!

And thank you all for making me feel more welcome in a new community than I have in…much, much longer than I can recall. I feel like I finally found a place I can feel at home!

I am glad!

Posted by: Pyro.4765

Pyro.4765

Hey there, welcome to the game! The community can be really swell, and I’m glad you’ve had a good experience. If you’re ever feeling lonely in the game, I can’t recommend getting into a guild enough. There are some great groups of folks out there always on the lookout for new members.

This game is really special to me as it’s the only one I’ve played where striking up conversations with and becoming friends with random strangers is a real thing. I’ve met some amazing people and had some really great times just by joining groups of roamers in WvW or small posses of event completers in the Silverwastes.

I am glad!

Posted by: Prototypemind.4026

Prototypemind.4026

Welcome. My only suggestion is to pace yourself. If you’re very PvE focused and used to putting in lots of time you can actually run yourself through a mass amount of the content in a short time and find yourself lacking for things to do. That’s just the current state of the game and something to be aware of. There isn’t by any means a WoW level of content here so bide your time and I think you’ll appreciate it more rather than getting burned out.

I am glad!

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Have fun playing ^^ And don’t read the forums. Reading the forums can be like drinking lemonade without the sugar. Lol.

LMAO +1

Necromancer Main

I am glad!

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Plus one plus sign.

I am glad!

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

Welcome to Tyria! I’ve been playing since just after launch and still feel exactly like this about it!

It’s a great big weird silly heartwarming ridiculous amazing adventure, and it’s full of people having a blast There’s everything from rainbow unicorns to tales of heartbreaking heroism, worryingly inept asura bomb-disposal experts to unbelievably deadly chickens, cow-flinging machines to secret kittens, and a laboratory in the sky that will make you get very, very cross with gusts of wind

Advice:
Go everywhere, especially places it looks like you’re probably not supposed to go
Don’t kitten off the moas, and…
When you see a pink circle on the ground, jump in and click F! …don’t forget to tip your Mesmer

Maybe we can meet up and jump off high places together sometime! I can supply a Fiery Greatsword if ya wanna do it with panache

I am glad!

Huggywuggles.2814

Welcome to Tyria! I’ve been playing since just after launch and still feel exactly like this about it!

It’s a great big weird silly heartwarming ridiculous amazing adventure, and it’s full of people having a blast There’s everything from rainbow unicorns to tales of heartbreaking heroism, worryingly inept asura bomb-disposal experts to unbelievably deadly chickens, cow-flinging machines to secret kittens, and a laboratory in the sky that will make you get very, very cross with gusts of wind

Advice:
Go everywhere, especially places it looks like you’re probably not supposed to go
Don’t kitten off the moas, and…
When you see a pink circle on the ground, jump in and click F! …don’t forget to tip your Mesmer

Maybe we can meet up and jump off high places together sometime! I can supply a Fiery Greatsword if ya wanna do it with panache

Sounds like a RIOT. I do have to ask because I’ve seen the phrase on the forums quite often…what is with the word ‘kitten’? I like kitties. I have one. But I’ve never seen it used in this way!

Edit:

My Mesmer has seen the evil chickens. I have to say this about Zhaitan…you have to love a bad guy that uses everything in his toolbox…including poultry!

I am glad!

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

a.. positive post.. on the forums!? BLASPHEMY! THIS IS THE REALM OF COMPLAINTS! BE GONE!

but seriously, welcome! I don’t log in much but if you ever have some questions or need something, feel free to mail me in game.

also, if you don’t know about it yet, this topic might be really helpful
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/OMG-If-you-only-knew-this-tips-for-new-players/first

It’s not that surprising. I actually know what game he left to come here, and yeah, I suppose this game must seem like paradise to anyone coming over from that train wreck.

@OP: “kitten” is the inappropriate word filter taking effect.