I dislike immersion-breaking accessories

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: rollnb.8346

rollnb.8346

These pilot glasses, chef’s suits and so on. I do love ur game. But those things don’t fit the setting! And the cap with gw2 logo at the game start?! Really guys you are doing perfect work, but these things just out of the game I think. Trying to be objective.

[Moderator note: thread title edited for clarity.]

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Blissified.8369

Blissified.8369

I agree they ruin immersion for me, but that was one of my main problems in gw1, they had similair things by the end of gw1’s life cycle half the people where walking dinosours, wearing gi joe army uniforms, dressed as fireman, walking teddy bears.

I hope gw2 doesnt go that way, too, (they already have some stuff i disagree with)

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

They’ve had those items since release.

And the game hasn’t died.

So no, that doesn’t ‘kill’ the game.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

Lol the baby quaggan backpack really reminds me of my daughter’s pikachu backpack. Not totally immerision busting for me.
I will agree that the Store needs more variety in town clothes and skins. Something people will be willing to pay RL money for and yet not take away from the skins that are increasingly difficult to obtain (ie. those that require lodestones to acquire not dungeon skins).
Pilot glasses aren’t too bad if you consider a good portion of the game has a ‘steam punk’ kind of feel to it. There is just too little variety for most everything in the store. Pet armor skins, weapon skins, weapon dyes, etc. <- these kinds of things will sell if they are done right.
Just look at the Wintersday skins. They seemed to have one winner out of the lot, the princess wand. But it was a winner and people were willing to pay the gold to get it. Something with themes that fit with the lore. Branded weapon skins would be kind of cool or ascalonian skins. I will shut up now since I’m sure you all get the gist.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Posted by: cloudysan.4397

cloudysan.4397

na what will kill the game is a lack of skills…

THIS!
I need my Build Wars again =/

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

To be honest I’ve never seen(or at least noticed) any of those items out in the world.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Toxyn.9608

Toxyn.9608

To be honest I’ve never seen(or at least noticed) any of those items out in the world.

Same here. I literally have not seen a single person wearing one of these vanity items, not even the basic town clothes.

“The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy.”

Antonius Duarte – Elementalist – Kaineng

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

These pilot glasses, chef’s suits and so on. I do love ur game. But those things don’t fit the setting! And the cap with gw2 logo at the game start?! Really guys you are doing perfect work, but these things just out of the game I think. Trying to be objective.

Immersion from what? As far as I know they’re cosmetics and you can only wear them in town, so I don’t see a problem.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I don’t personally like them much either, but I am not going to let it spoil my fun. Let other people wear whatever they like, be it cheff hats, pilot classes or chainmail bikinis. I don’t care as long as they are not the only option.

I do find the quaggan backpack very cute, but I cannot see any of my characters wearing it in public. I have one that might keep one under her bed and only take it out when no-one sees to ‘Coo!’ to it. :P

Posted by: Toxyn.9608

Toxyn.9608

I just hope the Quaggan backpack is considered a town clothes item. I may sound mean, but I really hate the whole “teenage scene girl” look.

“The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy.”

Antonius Duarte – Elementalist – Kaineng

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

I agree they ruin immersion for me, but that was one of my main problems in gw1, they had similair things by the end of gw1’s life cycle half the people where walking dinosours, wearing gi joe army uniforms, dressed as fireman, walking teddy bears.

I’m honestly curious as to which items you are talking about.

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

You should have seen my mesmer rocking the sunglasses he got in Rata Sum in GW1.

Not having these things would “break my immersion”.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

I’m honestly curious as to which items you are talking about.

I am as well. None of those items they mentioned were in GW1.

The only one I could see was the G.I. Joe army uniforms, and that was from an April Fools joke where you could play as the Commando. And that was for one day…

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]