The New Dailies -- Feedback welcome

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Reposting to un-break the topic.

Awful. Bad enough that they restricted the choices, but now the rewards are tailored to the activity, so wvw completion means you get..wait for it..BADGES (like we haven’t already got 20-100k of them sitting in wh doing sod all as they are pretty much useless) and half a wvw rank.

So basically it’s forcing players to go do things they don’t want even more than previously if they want anything other than useless wvw rewards.

Thanks Anet.

Based on todays daily achievement rewards none of the items you get from them are unique. So if you don’t want to do the dailies you can just get them from somewhere else.

For example, today’s PvE dailies award the following:

• 25 dragonite ore
  • 6 XP scrolls
  • 1 rare item
  • Various plants (cooking mats)
  • 1 mystic coin
  • 1 sip of karma

If you’re doing EOTM you’ll be getting XP and karma faster than most people playing PvE anyway and getting dragonite ore from champions. You could gather the plants while you’re there, or buy them from the TP. So that leaves the mystic coin, which you get 2 of just for logging in.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Pulgogi.7619

Pulgogi.7619

What sucks about the PVE dailies is now I gotta go to specific areas to do 4 events, gather, kill a champ, etc.

Im still doing map completions, but now I gotta port to a 100% map to finish up a daily, when before I could work on a map AND finish dailies at the same time.

It’s nice that all you have to do is complete 3 dailies, but c’mon. What happened to “Complete 5 events” anywhere or “gather so-and-so” anywhere I want?

Posted by: Cyrill Faust.9340

Cyrill Faust.9340

Okay I’m gonna breakdown each of the categories and how long it took to get each.

PvE

Mystic forge- use the mystic forge once (just throw in some random greens/blues) if this is difficult for you just uninstall the game you fail at life.

Maguma Forager- gather five plants in the maguma region (again soooo difficult)

Queensdale events- people where calling events out in map-chat took 10mins at the most.

all together it took about 15mins if you include load screens

WvW

I went to an enemy borderland i walked to a close camp took it then the one next to it after that I got the sentry outside and walked over to the blood lust circle and stood there for 30 secs(Standing in a circle is probably the most difficult thing I’ve ever done :p) I only encountered 1 enemy player between the camps and they ran away(but i caught them and spiked em cause I’m a kitten) altogether about 10mins

PvP

I joined a hot join game on my thief got all 3 in one game. Even if you don’t have the class or lose every game you should still get 2 of them in the 1st match. The match took about 5mins.

The point of this is to prove that even if you exclusively play one game mode you can get 3 dailies in about 15mins at most. Anet did a great job introducing some variety and rearward into the daily system. If you actually have difficulty of it takes you a significant amount of time to get 3 of them you kinda suck at…… well basic cognitive functions.

Proud member of [BANK] my bank guild and [BANK](2) my other bank guild

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

Horrible change for the part concerning the categories. We need more generic dailies.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

Posted by: DeathSpank.9501

DeathSpank.9501

Are you kidding me? ???Why are you making do PvP and WvW do get my dailies? Seriously, Jungle Worm is my PVE option? gzzz… At least list 3 things can be done in 1 hr in PVE.. not have me jump around

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Are you kidding me? ???Why are you making do PvP and WvW do get my dailies? Seriously, Jungle Worm is my PVE option? gzzz… At least list 3 things can be done in 1 hr in PVE.. not have me jump around

You don’t have to do PvP or WvW. Just 3 of the 4 PvE dailies. Jungle Worm was one of the 4 options in PvE.

The Burninator

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

We need to wait to see what the daily rewards are just for logging in. We never got rewards like this. For the achievement point hunters, let them play to get their achievement points. It took me the same amount of time to do the daily today as it usually does. 20 minutes.

At reset you’ll get a reward just for logging into the game, which will progress as each day of the month goes on.

From what I can see so far (and it’s still early days) I really like this change.

There’s no need to defend it because a lot of people seem to like it.

Posted by: Syzygy.5031

Syzygy.5031

The point of this is to prove that even if you exclusively play one game mode you can get 3 dailies in about 15mins at most. Anet did a great job introducing some variety and rearward into the daily system. If you actually have difficulty of it takes you a significant amount of time to get 3 of them you kinda suck at…… well basic cognitive functions.

Whereas most days it took precisely no time, as I got them for free just doing what I was going to do anyway.

My cognition is just fine.

They turned it from a pleasant, zero effort, daily freebie into an annoyance, albeit a fairly minor one.

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

It takes about 10-15 minutes to get the three achievements needed for the daily, and it gives a free 10 AP, instead of grinding 10 achievements to get the 10 daily AP. Are we seriously kittening about simplified dailies that take less time?

Vayne.8563

Whereas most days it took precisely no time, as I got them for free just doing what I was going to do anyway.

My cognition is just fine.

They turned it from a pleasant, zero effort, daily freebie into an annoyance, albeit a fairly minor one.

And now you’ll get those rewards just for logging in, which takes even less work. The rewards for the new stuff were never in the game before. It’s more than we had before not left (providing the daily rewards for logging in tally with what we had before anyway).

Posted by: Kheo.2504

Kheo.2504

Really. They’ve been out for a DAY. Less, actually. How can you have formed an opinion on this day-by-day feature when it hasn’t even existed for a day? After completing my Maguuma Forager daily, I got a bag of cooking goodies. I killed the Caledon Wurm as usual and got even more loot.

The dailies now reward you even if you don’t meet the Daily meta-achievement. The only reason you’d need to complete 3 is to get the 10 achievement points. If you’re an AP grinder, you were doing way more than this in the old Daily system for less rewards.

As for negative aspects, the biggest one I can see from my single day of experiencing the new system is that it’s made all the whiny, self-entitled people rear back up after they were ignored in the April update. The Queensdale events daily brought back traumatic memories of level 80s dominating the starting zones in the days before the train was put down.

Overall, this is a positive change, on day 1, at least. Once all the grouches “give up on GW2” again, the rest of us can enjoy our new dailies and be rewarded more for doing much less grinding.

Life doesn’t give me lemons anymore, not after what happened last time.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Wow people are really defending this change… I didn’t realize the game had sunk so low that something like this is actually defensible….

+ 1 all I can say.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Nevemind, I see why people don’t like it. I guess it has its ups and downs. Now people will be forced into very specific things if they want to complete the dailies. Some people won’t mind it and some will hate it.
The only reason I was logging in was for the daily laurels, I couldn’t care less about the achievement points. I wonder if this will leave me not playing at all in the future. Besides just logging in and out, of course.

Honestly, Anet made a mistake by making dailies reward achievement points. Just one of many reasons that the achievement point system will never be as good or competitive as some other mmos.

(edited by Fernling.1729)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It takes about 10-15 minutes to get the three achievements needed for the daily, and it gives a free 10 AP, instead of grinding 10 achievements to get the 10 daily AP. Are we seriously kittening about simplified dailies that take less time?

They don’t take less time. That’s the point. Every minute of doing them is a minute playing content i wouldn’t have been doing otherwise, while the previous dailies (excluding WvW/PvP specific) all could have been done doing things that I wanted. And i still got more AP on monthly basis than i will get now.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

They don’t take less time. That’s the point. Every minute of doing them is a minute playing content i wouldn’t have been doing otherwise, while the previous dailies (excluding WvW/PvP specific) all could have been done doing things that I wanted. And i still got more AP on monthly basis than i will get now.

So you’re saying it takes more time to do 3 achievements compared to 5? You’re also saying it takes more time to do achievement that now require you to do less than they used to such as gathered?

The time that it takes out of your personal time is a matter of personal preference and does not dispute that doing the daily now takes less time and even less time to get 10 AP than before.

Posted by: npast.5608

npast.5608

I think new dailies are not as good as before. Now it took me much longer to complete them. Especially the one with 4 events in QD. Looked like the entire server was there hunting for events; as soon as an event appear it would be instantly done. Then I traveled to Caledon Forest and waited 20 mins for the stupid wurm. So it felt like an annoying grind, whereas previously I could just play, doing events in Silverwastes and my dailies would naturally happen.

However, since the main reason I was doing dailies before was to get a laurel, now I don’t need to do them at all! So thats the only good part about the new dailies.

Blude.6812

If you’re intent on only doing PvE, then you’ve got a self-imposed restriction that is making it more difficult than it needs to be for you.

I’m not going to speak against this new system until I tried it. However, I never agree with the content cross references.

It’s a bit like telling a MYST player to go play Call of Duty because it builds character.

Not everyone feels like doing competitive things every day. I personally enjoy PvP more when I don’t have to do it.

The thing is though, the entire point of dailies is to incentivize players to participate in different content. They weren’t very good at doing that before, so this change improves their ability to perform their purpose at the cost of removing the ease at which they were formerly completed (the ease which was the main reason they didn’t achieve their purpose).

Sorry but having to go to Queensdale and follow/ protect the pack bull or gathing plants in the jungle(for example)are nothing but forced manipulation by Anet to complete mediocre activites that that take you away from the game you wish to play.
Of course they are optional, but thats not the point.

Astralporing.1957

So you’re saying it takes more time to do 3 achievements compared to 5? You’re also saying it takes more time to do achievement that now require you to do less than they used to such as gathered?

The time that it takes out of your personal time is a matter of personal preference and does not dispute that doing the daily now takes less time and even less time to get 10 AP than before.

It’s 20-30 minutes dedicated to doing stuff i don’t care about, as compared to doing 0 minutes doing stuff i don’t care about. See the difference?

Also, if we compare straight times, yes, doing those 3 events will often take more than doing 5 on previous system. What you are forgetting is that those new dailies are completely separated, while on old system you quire often could work on 4-7 dailies at the same time. It was a “bad dailies” day when i didn’t get meta on Tequatl alone.

Actions, not words.

Ayrilana.1396

If you’re intent on only doing PvE, then you’ve got a self-imposed restriction that is making it more difficult than it needs to be for you.

I’m not going to speak against this new system until I tried it. However, I never agree with the content cross references.

It’s a bit like telling a MYST player to go play Call of Duty because it builds character.

Not everyone feels like doing competitive things every day. I personally enjoy PvP more when I don’t have to do it.

The thing is though, the entire point of dailies is to incentivize players to participate in different content. They weren’t very good at doing that before, so this change improves their ability to perform their purpose at the cost of removing the ease at which they were formerly completed (the ease which was the main reason they didn’t achieve their purpose).

Sorry but having to go to Queensdale and follow/ protect the pack bull or gathing plants in the jungle(for example)are nothing but forced manipulation by Anet to complete mediocre activites that that take you away from the game you wish to play.
Of course they are optional, but thats not the point.

Then don’t do them? All you’re losing out on is AP and if AP mattered to you then I’d be surprised that you wouldn’t jump at the fact you get 10 AP for much less work than what was required before.

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

It’s a good change.
It rewards people who enjoy all areas of content, incentivizes players to try other forms of content, and is possible for people who refuse to expand their horizons.

The game is more than 2 years old now. If people don’t enjoy all areas of content, it’s because, so far, the game failed to make those areas enjoyable. Punishing players for the faults of the game is ridiculous.

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

Already done with today’s dailies. Literally took me like 10 minutes.

Ayrilana.1396

It’s 20-30 minutes dedicated to doing stuff i don’t care about, as compared to doing 0 minutes doing stuff i don’t care about. See the difference?

Again, that’s your personal preferencd on how you allocate your play time. It holds no bearing on the fact that you can complete the daily much quicker than before and also get more AP than before.

Also, unless you farmed all of the available AP every day, the loss of monthly AP is moot.

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

You get 10Ap for doing 3stuff,before you just got it without thinking it was way to easy.
New system is lot better and 2x the reward

Posted by: particlepinata.9865

particlepinata.9865

Have you seen the new dailies for pve. One is do a fractal, one is complete 4 events in the Silverwastes. So much about the NPE as a new player and rolling out a new char. 2 full level 80 achieves, 20 minutes time and really easy to obtain kuch? In a very restrictive pool, thats promoting forced gameplay.

Blude.6812

Thank you. That’s what I had read in the blog post and seen.

So the only incentive to do the daily is for the 10 AP. You only have to do 3 daily achievements now to get 10 AP compared to before where you had to do 10. I can tell you from experience that getting all of the daily achievements before the update took between 30-60 minutes depending on your luck with a few.

Calling you out on that one—-30 – 60 minutes? Maybe 5- 10 minutes on some days sometime a bit more but NEVER EVER 60 minutes unless you weren’t actively trying.
There is no luck with the old daily system—only the ability/skill to complete them is a timly manner.

Ayrilana.1396

Thank you. That’s what I had read in the blog post and seen.

So the only incentive to do the daily is for the 10 AP. You only have to do 3 daily achievements now to get 10 AP compared to before where you had to do 10. I can tell you from experience that getting all of the daily achievements before the update took between 30-60 minutes depending on your luck with a few.

Calling you out on that one—-30 – 60 minutes? Maybe 5- 10 minutes on some days sometime a bit more but NEVER EVER 60 minutes unless you weren’t actively trying.
There is no luck with the old daily system—only the ability/skill to complete them is a timly manner.

I was talking about all available daily achievements. I bolded the part you missed.

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

Let’s see:

4 events in Silverwastes = maybe 8-10 minutes or so, since there’s always an event happening
Vista in Ascalon = Maybe 2 minutes at the most / more likely 30 seconds
Gathering wood = Probably around 5 minutes worst case scenario

Posted by: Pourekos.5032

Pourekos.5032

Pretty much this. The new system sucks purely because of this change.

Ayrilana.1396

Let’s see:

4 events in Silverwastes = maybe 8-10 minutes or so, since there’s always an event happening
Vista in Ascalon = Maybe 2 minutes at the most / more likely 30 seconds
Gathering wood = Probably around 5 minutes worst case scenario

Keep in mind that those three could be done at the same time.

Astralporing.1957

Also, unless you farmed all of the available AP every day, the loss of monthly AP is moot.

I was consistently getting 8 ap daily, without the need to go out of my way, just playing as i would have been playing if dailies didn’t exist. Sometimes i hit 2 more, if i felt like doing WvW, but we can ignore those for the sake of simplicity. The same with the monthlies. I didn’t farm them. Farming is what the new change tries to make me do.

Actions, not words.

Ayrilana.1396

Pretty much this. The new system sucks purely because of this change.

Then AP likely wasn’t an important factor for you when doing dailies. All of the rewards such as laurels and been move into the login reward system.

Ayrilana.1396

I was consistently getting 8 ap daily, without the need to go out of my way, just playing as i would have been playing if dailies didn’t exist. Sometimes i hit 2 more, if i felt like doing WvW, but we can ignore those for the sake of simplicity. The same with the monthlies. I didn’t farm them. Farming is what the new change tries to make me do.

So if you hit 8 AP daily then that mean that you missed out on 4 AP per day. At 365 days a year that’s 1,460 AP you lost out on whereas monthly AP only rewarded 1,200 per year.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

The only reason people don’t like the new dailies is because you need to do effort on them. Previously no one really cared because dailies didn’t entail anything.

They turned from meaningless activities you would do anyway, to an activity you could choose to do. Which means in the latter there is more "meaning"to do them, and you need to allocate time to do them.

Personally I don’t think it’s such a bad change. Then again I never had a problem with any areas in the game too much, and these dailies are simple enough. Plus we get the rewards from just logging in now anyway.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

(edited by FrizzFreston.5290)

Astralporing.1957

So if you hit 8 AP daily then that mean that you missed out on 4 AP per day. At 365 days a year that’s 1,460 AP you lost out on whereas monthly AP only rewarded 1,200 per year.

…yes, your point? It’s still more than in new system.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

While they could really use more options, I think it’s a good change.

Now, you only have to complete your dailies if you want AP. Previously if you didn’t complete them, you’d get no laurel and begrudgingly do the ones to get it. Since AP from dailies is capped, there will reach a point where you don’t need to complete them at all, but you can choose to do whatever dailies you want for a reward, rather than having it count for nothing, or just count for a silly 1 AP.

Also, the rewards from some individual dailies might even be better than the old completion… I got a few omnomnomberries from one of them.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Ayrilana.1396

…yes, your point? It’s still more than in new system.

No. Unless you farmed AP, you’re not really losing out in the new system, even with the loss of monthly AP.

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

The thing is though, the entire point of dailies is to incentivize players to participate in different content.

Just wanted to point out that this is wrong. The “entire” point of dailies is to have the player log in every day to earn a time gated currency (laurels). It creates a minimum investment to the game, and the metrics are tracked to show total player investment to the developers.

Posted by: mosselyn.5081

mosselyn.5081

I think login rewards are BS in any game, but I guess I’m glad they added them because I doubt I’ll do the dailies much now, which is OK, but I’ll miss the old, loose framing of my play time.

Previously, I thought the GW2 dailies were the best I’d seen in any game because they were so unstructured. I usually got my daily finished organically, by just running around doing whatever I felt like. Worst case, I’d end up 4/5 and have to pay attention for 5 min. to finish up. On nights when I wasn’t feeling particularly goal directed, I could use the daily to add a bit of structure to something like map completion on an alt.

The old system fit my play style like a comfy sweater. The new one is more like a tight shoe. Fortunately, I don’t have to wear them since ANet hasn’t tied the dailies to anything compelling to me. I still think it’s a shame, though, that they wrecked what felt to me like a near perfect system.

[OTG] The Old Timers Guild of Yaks Bend
www.oldtimersguild.com

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

funny, because I got my 10 ap in less than 5 minutes whereas before it would take me at least 20. rofl at this whining. mod edit if needed.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Okay, so I spent 25 minutes doing dailies for AP and experience for alts instead of playing the new patch.

What should I like again about that change?

At least experience is bottled and can be passed…

You got 10 AP instead of 3 AP and in less time than it would have taken to get 10 AP.

Sounds like a win to me. 7 more ap than before, and in a lot less time.

Sigh. Let me repeat the math for you:

Earlier:

• 6-8 AP in 0 minutes of dedicated grindning. I play the content I want and get rewarded for playing.

Now:

• 10 AP in 20-30 minutes of dedicated grindning or nothing. I have to play the content I couldn’t care less about to get rewarded AT ALL.

I don’t know about you, but I consider 20 minutes (if you scale it to the previous 6-8 AP) of my playtime (which is part of my limited life actually) to be a considerable amount of time to spend on things I do not like. I already have daily timegated crafting, gathering and charging (as well as other timegated stuff like dungeons and fractals which I can’t simply save for weekends), and I despise another forced daily grind.

And don’t even start talking about “achieving”! Beating Liadri was an achievement, collecting 4 plants in Maguuma, tagging 4 events in QD and looking for stuff to MF on multiple characters (all clean sold and salvaged, as always) is nothing more than grind.

ANet wanted to force us into content we didn’t want to play to boost metrics; they definitely succeeded in it. What they failed to see though and what they will feel in the long run, despite their perfect metrics, is that once again they killed my will to buy any amount of gems with real money despite the good content they recently released – which happens again, over and over, with traits, NPE, fixed GEM exchange and cheap F2P daily systems.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Widowmaker Z.4802

Widowmaker Z.4802

Don’t like the changes, well at least there is no reason for me to login daily now if I don’t get laurels with the dailys.

Posted by: jdkentucky.2871

jdkentucky.2871

it needs to be broken more than what it is now…Some players are not going to do PVP WVw . Before most of the player could do the daily on 2 maps. Now you gotta hop around it seems ..And from the looks of it we might not get the laurels we was getting daily. From the looks of it 17 laurels for the month.. I dont know I am going to give it the benefit of the doubt and most likely will not do it. The last time they pulled this was they was trying to push more players into the fractuals.. I left the game and put my money on other gaming.. when it changed I came back..Time will tell if it dont suit me there are plenty other games to play…

(edited by jdkentucky.2871)

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

The only reason people don’t like the new dailies is because you need to do effort on them. Previously no one really cared because dailies didn’t entail anything.

Effort? Are you kidding?

Events in Queensdale, using the mystic forge, gathering 4 plant nodes. Effort? Wow…

The problem is that they’re too specific. I’d rather have to do 10 events anywhere than 4 in kittening Queensdale. I’d rather gather 50 plants anywhere than 4 in Maguuma.

This isn’t about effort, the effort involved is ridiculously tiny, verging on the non-existant. The problem is the ridiculous specificness and inanity of the achievements. I’ve never felt as stupid for playing a game as when I was doing the entirely brainless ‘effort’ of gathering my 4 plants in Maguuma. This new thing is infantile.

Now excuse me while I go click on a vista in Ascalon.

Posted by: Spook.5847

Spook.5847

Wow people are really defending this change… I didn’t realize the game had sunk so low that something like this is actually defensible….

You always get this sort of fanboi BS in every game. Personally, I find the new dailies extremely limited, and liked to do the ones we used to have. Adding more options for dailies would have been fine. What really sucks is this edition of Wintersday, as it expands on the “Less is more” BS theme they rolled out. No snowball fighting this year, and the bell controls are screwed up too (used to coincide with my number keys, and now has unusable #1 and #0). – not to mention not getting credit for “participating” in the bell choir at all.

But yeah – Anet does stuff I dont like, then I just wont play. Fanbois are happy, and anet gets less cash. Win-win, right?

Ayrilana.1396

Oh. I just did the daily (3 achievements) and finished it in 2.5 minutes. Such a grind and out of my way.

I did:

• Ascalon Vista
  • Krytan Gatherer
  • Badge of Honor Spender

I’m sure there may have been quicker ones. The PvP point capturer one would probably have been quicker than the lumber/gather one.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

There’s obviously a lot of misunderstandings going on in this thread due to each players’ specific idea of what the word ‘dailies’ encompasses. Some are just talking about the actual activities required, others are adding in the time factor required and even more are lumping in the rewards.

When reading the OP, it would seem the thing s/he dislikes and is discussing is the actual activities we must now do for the dailies. There was no mention of time spent or rewards. The OP’s dislikes echo my own.

I’m not very concerned if the new dailies are faster or not. I do find the AP change to be very welcome. I also enjoy the little additional rewards that come along with them.

But what I absolutely do not like is the specific nature of the dailies. We had this before and many people didn’t like it then. Why ANet do you think we’d like it now?

Personally I don’t want to be tied into going to specific areas, no matter the small time cost. I see no reason why the achievements cannot be more generic. Why must I go to Kryta and specifically gather wood? What’s wrong with gathering anything anywhere? Why can’t I visit a vista anywhere in the world? I’m happy to do a world boss, just maybe not specifically the Jungle Wurm that day. I’m also happy to complete events, but please don’t make go specifically to Queensdale.

Even if the new dailies are quick, the specific nature of them will turn them quickly into feeling like a chore, rather than something that is completely organically through one’s normal play time. The new system regarding rewards is great. Just make the achievements much more broad. That’s a happy middle ground for everyone.

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

Yeah, not fond of these dailies.

I used to be able to get it all done while doing whatever, recently while running events in the Grindwastes.

Now I have to go all over for it.

What does it add to the game to make me run to an ascalon zone to look at a vista I’ve already done? Or go chop wood I don’t need in Queensdale? How about needing to drop what I’m doing to go hit up something like the worm when its timer is up?

All it does is waste my time and inconvenience me. Its certainly not fun, exciting, or rewarding.

But I’m stuck with these if I want the AP, since I despise PVP in all its forms.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Effort? Are you kidding?

Events in Queensdale, using the mystic forge, gathering 4 plant nodes. Effort? Wow…

The problem is that they’re too specific. I’d rather have to do 10 events anywhere than 4 in kittening Queensdale. I’d rather gather 50 plants anywhere than 4 in Maguuma.

This isn’t about effort, the effort involved is ridiculously tiny, verging on the non-existant. The problem is the ridiculous specificness and inanity of the achievements. I’ve never felt as stupid for playing a game as when I was doing the entirely brainless ‘effort’ of gathering my 4 plants in Maguuma. This new thing is infantile.

Now excuse me while I go click on a vista in Ascalon.

Effort busywork, whatever you call it. I still don’t care. It’s just dailies, it wasn’t anything meaningful. The only difference really is is that now it’s more obvious that it was meaningless.

It does take more effort, although I agree that these dailies are fairly simple to do even so. It’s still time spend, hence I call it effort, business, stuff to distract you from what you want to be doing. Get over it.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Vayne.8563

Keep in mind everyone, that one of the WvW dailies doesn’t require you to fight players at all. Most achievement hunters have some badges of honor hanging around.

Go into WvW, you’re perfectly safe in your base, and spend a few laurels. Takes a minutes. Then you only need 2 dailies.

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Prize for the worst one so far: complete a level 11-20 fractals. The sheer terrible thought process that decided that should get anywhere near a list shows how out of touch whoever thought of it is.

People who say ‘collecting x in y’ is easy are assuming players have even unlocked that area, whereas many people haven’t, as they tend to only play the bits they want to, especially if they are no longer playing their first toon.

The new system isn’t completely terrible as far as dailies go, but the choice needs to be expanded so players aren’t forced into doing things they don’t want to do- which leads to resentment and eventually some players quitting.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.