The New Dailies -- Feedback welcome

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Okay, when I saw the dailies changed I was annoyed. Generally I jump in game for about 40 minutes and get the dailies and log off. A buddy I play with is deployed so I play solo

Played through 2 of the 3 PVE quests and was done i no time. Figured I’d try the last one in Silverwastes (had never been there), so I had to Google it and find out where it;s located.

Played there and had a ball. I’d have never gone to that area if this change was not instituted. So, while I am plesed with the change so far, I’m not passing judgement on this change until I play a few more days and see if I can do the dailies with my characters.

The one question I have ( since I have six level 80 toons going to an area like Silverwastes ins not a problem, but what about new players with lower level characters?

Would be nice if they added another couple of PVE options for the dailies sine so many of us play just for the PVE content and not WvW, PvP or Dungeons or Fractals.

As i understand it there are 3 types of Tiers.And the dailies are different in every Tier.I don’t remember exactly what were the levels for the different tiers,but here is how i think it works:

1. If you are between 1-30 then you will have only 1 daily and it will be in the approriete for your level zone.
  2. 30-79 is 2nd tier
  3. 80 is 3rd tier
TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

(edited by moiraine.2753)

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

As i understand it there are 3 types of Tiers.And the dailies are different in every Tier.I don’t remember exactly what were the levels for the different tiers,but here is how i think it works:

1. If you are between 1-30 then you will have only 1 daily and it will be in the approriete for your level zone.
  2. 30-79 is 2nd tier
  3. 80 is 3rd tier

From the patch notes, based on highest level character on the account:

Levels 1 – 10: 1 achievement per category
Levels 11 – 30: 3 achievements per category
Levels 31 – 80: 4 achievements per category

Posted by: Anyandrell.6238

Anyandrell.6238

mtpelion
“You don’t HAVE to do anything you don’t want to, these are just a carrot on a stick for people who are willing to do something they wouldn’t normally do.”

If people wouldn’t normally do something it is because they don’t like doing that thing. Forcing them to do what they don’t like will definitely not make them want to stick around for a long time.

It’s not rocket science.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

mtpelion
“You don’t HAVE to do anything you don’t want to, these are just a carrot on a stick for people who are willing to do something they wouldn’t normally do.”

If people wouldn’t normally do something it is because they don’t like doing that thing. Forcing them to do what they don’t like will definitely not make them want to stick around for a long time.

It’s not rocket science.

How are you being forced?

Posted by: Subdue.5479

Subdue.5479

mtpelion

It’s not rocket science.

Obviously if you fail to do the dailies they start deleting your characters.

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

Can someone define forced for me in this forums context…

Are people actually playing this game against their will?

Are people suffering the threat of violence for not completing their daily?

You see a reward that is given for a set objective but don’t want to do the objective? This doesn’t qualify as being forced. If you don’t like it don’t do it. If you want the reward do the objective. These are your two CHOICES.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

mtpelion

It’s not rocket science.

Bad choice of word, i admit. But the core of the argument remains unchanged – the new dailies are there to make players do the content they normally wouldn’t do. So, to do content they don’t consider fun.
If people are not enticed by it, then the new dailies failed in their goal. But if they do make people change their routines, it’s not good either – because for lot of those people it will make the game as a whole less fun. How can this be a good thing?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

mtpelion

It’s not rocket science.

Obviously if you fail to do the dailies they start deleting your characters.

The rewards from those chests for people who are able to do dailies are simply so amazing that people who cant do them will be left behind and never able to catch up, and will thus delete their characters in shame.

I mean, one of them gave me TWENTY FIVE dragonite ore AND a tome of knowledge. How else are people supposed to get that kind of loot?

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Can someone define forced for me in this forums context…

Are people actually playing this game against their will?

Are people suffering the threat of violence for not completing their daily?

There’s an Evil Skritt that hops out of their closet, points at them and glares angrily every time they miss a daily.

Posted by: OtakuDFifty.2965

OtakuDFifty.2965

I love the new system, but I also agree with the sentiment that they’re too specific. Instead of, say, “Daily Queensdale Events,” “Daily Kryta Events” would have been better. Just a little more freedom would have been great. Similarly, slaying the Jungle Wurm could have been expanded to any World Boss, or any World Boss of its tier (Svanir Shaman, Shadow Behemoth).

But I can EASILY live with the current specific goals. Why? Because it’s no different from Zaishen Missions in GW1. There were dungeons and story missions I absolutely HATED going to, but if I wanted the reward, I’d have no choice but to go or skip out until the next day.

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

I’m pretty indifferent to this change, but I never really cared for achievement hunting either; played since release and I have only 11k. I also don’t know Anets long term goal/vision that wraps all these changes (npe,gemcon,Ach,daily,etc..) into one package since they don’t share their vision with the community.

JQ Druid

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

I dont do WvW and PvP, so lets see, todays PvE dailies.

One of the 4 is something Fractal and another is Silverwastes Event(s).
I care not about doing either, and dont like being forced to do either if i wanna get the daily AP.

More choices is what I, and others in this topic, r asking for.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I care not about doing either, and dont like being forced to do either if i wanna get the daily AP.

Then guess what? You don’t DESERVE the AP because you don’t WANT to put in the effort.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Subdue.5479

Let’s be honest here. Clicking on trees, rocks, plants, talking to Laurel vendors, and and most of the old dailies were not “fun.” It was not the action of doing those things which you enjoyed. You saw the activity, and the associated reward, and decided okay this is worth my time. If it really is the skill-less time consuming clicking you find fun, I invite you to play cookie clicker instead.

(edited by Subdue.5479)

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Forcing them to do what they don’t like will definitely not make them want to stick around for a long time.

“Optional Reward” = “Forcing”

This explains a lot about MMO complaining…

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Ayrilana.1396

mtpelion

It’s not rocket science.

Bad choice of word, i admit. But the core of the argument remains unchanged – the new dailies are there to make players do the content they normally wouldn’t do. So, to do content they don’t consider fun.
If people are not enticed by it, then the new dailies failed in their goal. But if they do make people change their routines, it’s not good either – because for lot of those people it will make the game as a whole less fun. How can this be a good thing?

Again, I ask, why do you do those achievements if you do not find them fun? The achievements are to get players to experience other content and they are rewarded for it. Sometimes this content may be things that they normally do anyway and other times not. Sometimes these may be things they end up enjoying and other times not. However, players have a choice as to whether they want to go for these achievements or not.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Again, I ask, why do you do those achievements if you do not find them fun? The achievements are to get players to experience other content and they are rewarded for it. Sometimes this content may be things that they normally do anyway and other times not. Sometimes these may be things they end up enjoying and other times not. However, players have a choice as to whether they want to go for these achievements or not.

Great post, sums things up nicely.

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

from what i have seen there are 2 daily achievements that can be done in a few minutes (cut 10 logs in kryta, visit one vista in ascalon) one medium length one (4 silverwaste events) and 1 longer/special achievement one (fractals or worm from yesterday). PvP is divided into 2 categories easy (50 rank points, capture a point) and specific wins (win with necro/guardian). WvW also has solo (spend 25 badges, capture 1 sentry point), zerg (capture tower), and whatever this should classify as (defend 1 point)

I completed today’s in roughly 10 minutes with the following:
*Queensdale-chopped down 3 trees near claypool (got lucky and one stayed up for the full 10): 3 minutes
*Black Citidel- Vista above the glass ceiling (near norther section): about a minute
*Borderlands- bought 5 flame rams: about 2 minutes (got 10 badges for doing this)

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i hate the change, period.
i first had a choice of around 10 dailies and i always had just enough dailies to enjoy my self, now i can’t even do half of them because i don’t enjoy them.
ad at least 5 extra PvE dailies that are done in every day play, don’t spread it out this much.

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

Then guess what? You don’t DESERVE the AP because you don’t WANT to put in the effort.

I dont want to do things in GW2 that i dont like/enjoy doing.
Putting in effort is not the point.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I dont want to do things in GW2 that i dont like doing.

So they should just give you all of the WvW AP’s because you don’t like to do WvW?

That’s basically what you’re asking ANet to do. To give you the AP for not doing the requirements to achieve it. Because that’s all you get for doing 3 of them is 10 AP. There’s no other special reward for doing that.

mtpelion.4562

I dont want to do things in GW2 that i dont like/enjoy doing.

You don’t have to do things you don’t like or don’t enjoy doing.
If, however, you do decide to do things that you don’t like then you’re going to get some bonus items and AP. Or you could wait until tomorrow for a different selection of activities.

If the little bonus chest items don’t outweigh your dislike of the things needed to get them, then don’t do them. You aren’t missing out on anything of value by skipping the daily, and by skipping things you so abhor that the trinkets won’t sate your hatred, you’re going to only be doing things that you do enjoy and thus have no reason to be angry.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

the design philosophy behind the previous dailies was that you get them as you play, playing whatever you want… as long as youre playing for like an hour, youll get enough of them to get your laurel.

the design philosophy behind this iteration of dailies seems to be to get us to do things we might happen to do, but normally probably wouldnt. so completing the new dailies means i have to go out of my way in order to get them at all, much less in a timely manner that doesnt feel onerous. there is no concurrency, because each piece requires gameplay that does not coincide with any of the others, so we cant even work on several at once by doing a single run of something.

overall, i dislike this iteration because of the isolation of each daily. i think its a good paradigm to offer only a set amount of cheevo points upon completion as opposed to 1 for each piece. i think its really really good to offer tomes of knowledge for some of them. i think its really good to add in more variety to the pool of dailies that exist, but that there are too few options available each day. i liked being able to just play how i want and get my dailies. now i cant do that as much. i have to try for them.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

PvE-only players: i hate this system
all around players: there is nothing to hate

you see the problem here?

mtpelion.4562

the design philosophy behind the previous dailies was that you get them as you play, playing whatever you want… as long as youre playing for like an hour, youll get enough of them to get your laurel.

the design philosophy behind this iteration of dailies seems to be to get us to do things we might happen to do, but normally probably wouldnt. so completing the new dailies means i have to go out of my way in order to get them at all, much less in a timely manner that doesnt feel onerous. there is no concurrency, because each piece requires gameplay that does not coincide with any of the others, so we cant even work on several at once by doing a single run of something.

overall, i dislike this iteration because of the isolation of each daily. i think its a good paradigm to offer only a set amount of cheevo points upon completion as opposed to 1 for each piece. i think its really really good to offer tomes of knowledge for some of them. i think its really good to add in more variety to the pool of dailies that exist, but that there are too few options available each day. i liked being able to just play how i want and get my dailies. now i cant do that as much. i have to try for them.

You now get the daily rewards for simply logging in, so the “going out of my way to do stuff” annoyance is being offset by rewarding you with additional items that you were not getting under the old system.

Ayrilana.1396

Are you sure that was the intent of their design philosophy?

This is from near release where they stated their intent of the daily system.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/colin-johanson-on-guild-wars-2-in-the-months-ahead/

Please show me where they said that their intention had changed as I do not remember it.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

This^
/15char

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

Posted by: Valkyrie Scion.6395

Valkyrie Scion.6395

I don’t like the idea of this being my first forum post after a year of playing, but I’m not a fan of the new and restrictive daily system at all. Honestly, I prefer the old one where completions didn’t feel so isolated from each other.

I can’t stand PvP in any way, shape, or form, in any game I play. Additionally, I refuse to create alts that meet the class requirement for some of these dailies, especially when I don’t even care to play them. Neither do I have any interest in joining WvW activites, as those appeal to me even less than PvP.

Though this might only pertain to me, I liked being able to complete my dailies at my leisure via progressively questing in a region I haven’t finished or explored. Now I have to travel across the world to do event in a zone that I haven’t entered, usually because I’m not even remotely near it. Like today? I have go to the Silverwastes in Maguuma when I haven’t even finished exploring, questing, and discovering everything in Kryta. I’m not even going to bother because, frankly, its too time consuming and inconvenient for someone who works on this game one zone at a time.

This is not an encouraging system. Instead, I feel dissuaded to work on the dailies. I only get an hour or two of game time, and if I have to jump around the map the way the new system expects me to, I won’t feel like I’m progressing at all.

(edited by Valkyrie Scion.6395)

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

Why rework something for a third time, when there are dozens of far more crucial things that need attention, I’m looking at you trait system. I can’t even say for sure if they’re better or worse I’m just sick that they spent more time fumbling through a third go around on something as trivial as dailies when the real issues go untouched. Someone needs a priority check over there, k thanks.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Posted by: Inexor.7804

Inexor.7804

After one day with this new system I have to say I still hate it.
The single chests for each achievements are nice.

But instead of getting the daily with generic achievements while actually playing the game the way I like to, I am forced to travel around hunting stupid specific achievements in order to get AP.

Porting around the map only to execute a specific action in a specific region is just absurd.

Srsly, add the old generic options or revert the change!

No more “Lose a match 500:49 on Skyhammer, while dancing on a floor panel and beeing shot in the back by a female Charr Thief wearing a purple Mad King’s Outfit”.

Mireles Lore.5942

Are you sure that was the intent of their design philosophy?

This is from near release where they stated their intent of the daily system.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/colin-johanson-on-guild-wars-2-in-the-months-ahead/

Please show me where they said that their intention had changed as I do not remember it.

They intended to change the purpose of daily as stated in this article.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-new-daily-achievement-system/

They stated that they wanted more content specific objectives and rewards and wanted to drive players to content the would have not otherwise tried. They wanted move away general objectives and rewards from all modes and make the rewards relevant to the content being played.

Which from PvP you could see that happening. Out of the 3 matches I played you can tell that alot of people went there not having PvPed before. One match everyone on the team but me went to home point to cap it for daily and you can tell they brought PvE builds. Why? because it was much easier and quicker then the fractal or silverwaste daily. We ended up winning that match and the guardians and necros completed their daily in one match.

Now does it mean those people are going to stay and PvP? Maybe/Maybe not, but it did get players to atleast enter and play PvP for one match and some might find they enjoyed it. It did intise some people to enter pvp that would have never have entered it under the old system.

That is the entire point of this change. The only people that are going to be disadvantage or upset with this change are people that are to stubborn or afraid to try new things and WILLINGLY exclude themselves from objectives rewards. It really doesn’t get any easier than capping a point and earning 50 rank points for a pvp loss or capping a single sentry and spending badges in WvW.

Anet encouraging a wide spectrum of play is going to benefit the community more than catering to players with a very narrow and specific play preference. I am glad Anet is atleast starting to put more focus on promoting the other playstyles but still has a long way to go.

(edited by Mireles Lore.5942)

mtpelion.4562

After one day with this new system I have to say I still hate it.
The single chests for each achievements are nice.

But instead of getting the daily with generic achievements while actually playing the game the way I like to, I am forced to travel around hunting stupid specific achievements in order to get AP.

Porting around the map only to execute a specific action in a specific region is just absurd.

Srsly, add the old generic options or revert the change!

No more “Lose a match 500:49 on Skyhammer, while dancing on a floor panel and beeing shot in the back by a female Charr Thief wearing a purple Mad King’s Outfit”.

You are not forced to do anything.

You are choosing to do these activities in order to get AP, which is not required for anything.

Posted by: Pourekos.5032

Pourekos.5032

I do both PvE and sPvP and I hate this change because it completely changes the philosophy behind dailies. So try again?

Ayrilana.1396

I do both PvE and sPvP and I hate this change because it completely changes the philosophy behind dailies. So try again?

What philosophy would that be? Please link where specifically Anet has stated what you believe to be their philosophy.

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

They stated that they wanted more content specific objectives and rewards and wanted to drive players to content the would have not otherwise tried. They wanted move away general objectives and rewards from all modes and make the rewards relevant to the content being played.

Which from PvP you could see that happening. Out of the 3 matches I played you can tell that alot of people went there not having PvPed before. One match everyone on the team but me went to home point to cap it for daily and you can tell they brought PvE builds. Why? because it was much easier and quicker then the fractal or silverwaste daily. We ended up winning that match and the guardians and necros completed their daily in one match.

Now does it mean those people are going to stay and PvP? Maybe/Maybe not, but it did get players to atleast enter and play PvP to one match and some might find they enjoyed it. But it did intise some people to enter pvp that would have never have entered it under the old system.

That is the entire point of this change. The only people that are going to be disadvantage or upset with this change are people that are to stubborn or afraid to try new things and WILLINGLY exclude themselves from objectives rewards. It really doesn’t get any easier than capping a point and earning 50 rank points for a pvp loss or capping a single sentry and spending badges in WvW.

Anet encouraging a wide spectrum of play is going to benefit the community more than catering to players with a very narrow and specific play preference. I am glad Anet is atleast starting to put more focus on promoting the other playstyles but still has a long way to go.

I don’t care what they’re trying to encourage, I do PvE only and that’s what I enjoy, so no I don’t want to try WvW or PvP because it doesn’t interest me and that’s never going to change. They’re doing this as a way to maximize the end use of the currently developed product as it’s a cheaper alternative than adding more, not for some altruistic expand your gaming experience mantra and to claim otherwise is laughable.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

So what’s all the fuss about? Simple: something many people enjoyed was removed, and replaced with something they enjoy less. No amount of arguments or counter-arguments are going to have any bearing on that simple truth.

The game has become less enjoyable for some people, and they will post about it here. Their arguments are unassailable. They are right, because their experience is the only one that matters. Your reasons for liking this better are just as important to them as a raindrop falling in a faraway land. Maybe less so, if they enjoy rain.

I’m not being sarcastic here, this is just the essence of what happened. ANet hollowed out the game some more.

Speaking for myself, these new dailies and log on rewards have the effect of disincentivizing me from playing. I’m one of those players who just logged in for dailies, for lack of content I consider worth (re-)playing. Doing the dailies was a game in and of itself for me. I’d add the ones I’d consider doing to the watchlist, and then looked at the watchlist to find the best place I could go to, and the best thing I could be doing to finish at least 5 of them. Very often, while I was doing my dailies this way, things would happen to make me play other things. Guildies wanting to do something, running into players, being reminded of something and thinking “let’s have a go at that for old times sake.”

What no incarnation of the dailies ever did is offer me any incentive to go do something I have no interest in doing in the first place. PvP, WvW, not a snowball’s chance in hell. Tried both and decided they weren’t for me. A measly extra reward isn’t going to change my mind.

And now, these dailies… They don’t engage me at all. They’re simply terrible. Am I expected to feel the urge to play some more after spending 5 minutes on the painfully inane tasks of gathering a few nodes in one specific area and clicking on a vista I’ve already visited with most of my characters, in another specific area? The ridiculous pointlessness of the tasks combined with the lack of my own personal mini-game of figuring out how to do 5 dailies at the same time doesn’t accomplish anything other than to make me wonder what I still like about the game.

(edited by Manasa Devi.7958)

Posted by: Dark Jericho.8609

Dark Jericho.8609

Wow, surprised how much hate this change is getting. This is one of the better changes they have done IMO. I cleared the 3 PVE dailies so fast for an easy 10 AP and get a little extra rewards on the side; not really seeing the negatives here.

I really appreciate the vista and boss ones though it’d be nice if there were an in-game schedule reference for world bosses because sometimes I forget what times they show up, as I don’t do them often enough.

Posted by: SHM.7628

SHM.7628

I argue it is not. I never asked for log in rewards. Rewards should come from killing mobs, beating bosses and opening chests. In other words play how you want and get properly rewarded.

So wait, you said “play how you want”, and then you cite “killing mobs, beating bosses, opening chests”.
Which of the two? Play how I want and still get the rewards, or do specific things which I may not want to do, like you listed?

those are examples of how I like to play. You may wanna do different things than me.

What if I just want to PvP for an hour a day? Would my hour be rewarded less than yours? What if I only like doing fractals? Should I just not get daily rewards? It is very rare under the old system to complete even five dailies in a fractal run.

Why should the dailies be structured around what YOU want to do at the expense of others instead of quick and easy but requiring a tiny amount of additional effort from everyone?

Moot point. Fractals/dungeons already get their own reward. Frankly, they are rewarded much better than PVE already. (ascended) This is an ancillary part of the game so it’s an absurd request to make. But hey, ask for it if you want. I hope you get it. It won’t effect me one way or the other.

mtpelion.4562

So what’s all the fuss about? Simple: something many people enjoyed was removed, and replaced with something they enjoy less. No amount of arguments or counter-arguments are going to have any bearing on that simple truth.

The game has become less enjoyable for some people, and they will post about it here. Their arguments are unassailable. They are right, because their experience is the only one that matters. Your reasons for liking this better are just as important to them as a raindrop falling in a faraway land. Maybe less so, if they enjoy rain.

I’m not being sarcastic here, this is just the essence of what happened. ANet hollowed out the game some more.

Speaking for myself, these new dailies and log on rewards have the effect of disincentivizing me from playing. I’m one of those players who just logged in for dailies, for lack of content I consider worth (re-)playing. Doing the dailies was a game in and of itself for me. I’d add the ones I’d consider doing to the watchlist, and then looked at the watchlist to find the best place I could go to, and the best thing I could be doing to finish at least 5 of them. Very often, while I was doing my dailies this way, things would happen to make me play other things. Guildies wanting to do something, running into players, being reminded of something and thinking “let’s have a go at that for old times sake.”

What no incarnation of the dailies ever did is offer me any incentive to go do something I have no interest in doing in the first place. PvP, WvW, not a snowball’s chance in hell. Tried both and decided they weren’t for me. A measly extra reward isn’t going to change my mind.

And now, these dailies… They don’t engage me at all. They’re simply terrible. Am I expected to feel the urge to play some more after spending 5 minutes on the painfully inane tasks of gathering a nodes and clicking on vistas I’ve already visited with most of my characters? The ridiculous pointlessness of the tasks combined with the lack of my own personal mini-game of figuring out how to do 5 dailies at the same time doesn’t accomplish anything other than to make me wonder what I still like about the game.

No one enjoyed dailies. No one.

They either enjoyed the activity involved (killing enemies, harvesting plants, etc.) which they are still free to do, or they enjoyed the reward, which is now given to them simply for logging in.

Nothing is stopping you from doing the old daily activities and absolutely nothing at all is stopping you from getting the old daily rewards.

This means that your sudden lack of enjoyment is completely irrational.

Posted by: Nusku.3941

Nusku.3941

hgfvc bhjygvbc yujd chjfdjguiuohudsfufhdfdsuisdduidshjdsfhudhujchbcfhjidfhiohdeihijhifdhijfdfdhijofhijfdhjhjfdhjhjsdfjfsdbjsdfjbkbdbjhjosdiosdfjoksdjkosdajidfiojhfhjofdbjksdfbjsdfhjsdfjhsdfjbdfsbjfbjfchjiojhjhiosjhiosdsdsdhdfihjodfiopufihjweiopjhdifopjhihnihnfewsbljogbvlobolfbv ofvbbfvbfvbbfjkkjnsgewuytv, and everything is still easy. Please cease these mediocre complaints, really, dailies are stupid easy to do.

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

I argue it is not. I never asked for log in rewards. Rewards should come from killing mobs, beating bosses and opening chests. In other words play how you want and get properly rewarded.

So wait, you said “play how you want”, and then you cite “killing mobs, beating bosses, opening chests”.
Which of the two? Play how I want and still get the rewards, or do specific things which I may not want to do, like you listed?

those are examples of how I like to play. You may wanna do different things than me.

What if I just want to PvP for an hour a day? Would my hour be rewarded less than yours? What if I only like doing fractals? Should I just not get daily rewards? It is very rare under the old system to complete even five dailies in a fractal run.

Why should the dailies be structured around what YOU want to do at the expense of others instead of quick and easy but requiring a tiny amount of additional effort from everyone?

Moot point. Fractals/dungeons already get their own reward. Frankly, they are rewarded much better than PVE already. (ascended) This is an ancillary part of the game so it’s an absurd request to make. But hey, ask for it if you want. I hope you get it. It won’t effect me one way or the other.

Fractals/dungeons have terrible rewards. You’re rewarded more for simply joining a champ train and mindlessly pressing 1.

Dungeons do not give you ascended gear, and fractals it’s all RNG…Unless you just want ascended rings which are practically everywhere.

Fractals gives you a meager 1 gold for a 40minute minimum task, whilst you can easily farm 8-10gold an hour doing open world content. Dungeosn are a bit better with g/h but they’re still inferior to PvE unless you have a very organized group. And yet, while I won’t say dungeons are particularly hard, they take a lot more understanding of game mechanics than anything open world has to offer.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

Manasa Devi.7958

I did. You lose.

They either enjoyed the activity involved (killing enemies, harvesting plants, etc.) which they are still free to do, or they enjoyed the reward, which is now given to them simply for logging in.

Don’t care about the reward, don’t particularly cared about the activities involved with them. I killed enough monsters in this game. I enjoyed figuring out how to do them efficiently. Well, lately the answer to that was “spend 30 minutes in Silverwastes” so the fun had begun to fade before this update.

Nothing is stopping you from doing the old daily activities and absolutely nothing at all is stopping you from getting the old daily rewards.

Lack of interest in the specific activities is stopping me.

The only irrational thing on display here is your utter failure to realize that not all people are like you, and some enjoy different things than you. You’re either severely lacking in empathy, or maybe you should get out more.

(edited by Manasa Devi.7958)

Manasa Devi.7958

Please cease these mediocre complaints, really, dailies are stupid easy to do.

Exactly! That stupidity is unforgivable. Why would I want to play a game that presents me with such stupidity?

Posted by: SHM.7628

SHM.7628

And now, these dailies… They don’t engage me at all. They’re simply terrible. Am I expected to feel the urge to play some more after spending 5 minutes on the painfully inane tasks of gathering a nodes and clicking on vistas I’ve already visited with most of my characters? The ridiculous pointlessness of the tasks combined with the lack of my own personal mini-game of figuring out how to do 5 dailies at the same time doesn’t accomplish anything other than to make me wonder what I still like about the game.

I enjoyed them. I liked the added fun it gave to my gameplay while I was doing what i wanted to do in game. It was sort of like a fun sidequest. It added a little spice to the mix if you will. I liked the fun of seeing which ones popped first. I liked picking among the catagories. Sometimes I liked popping multiple catagories at once.

It didn’t feel like a chore list. I didn’t have to usually be anywhere too specific to finish it. I didn’t have to camp out a boss.

It’s rather presumptuous of you to say what other people like or don’t. When did you become the authority on that?

Subdue.5479

First of all, dungeons and fractals are pve content. They’re not wander around aimlessly content, but they are still pve. Second of all, they’re rewarded proportionately to the effort and skill required.

That aside, are you saying because there are already other rewards, people who prefer to only dungeon or fractal don’t deserve ap in the form of dailies?

Ayrilana.1396

Create your own dailies then and track them on a piece of paper. If you use the dailies from before the update, it’d be as if nothing has changed for you.

Mireles Lore.5942

Don’t care about the reward, don’t particularly cared about the activities involved with them. I killed enough monsters in this game. I enjoyed figuring out how to do them efficiently. Well, lately the answer to that was “spend 30 minutes in Silverwastes” so the fun had begun to fade before this update.

Lack of interest in the specific activities is stopping me.

So you are just here to complain for the sake of complaining? You were already unsatisfied with the game before the update. The only thing you said you enjoyed was the tick of the daily in the old system…. not in the game itself… you should be wondering why you still log.

(edited by Mireles Lore.5942)

Manasa Devi.7958

Create your own dailies then and track them on a piece of paper. If you use the dailies from before the update, it’d be as if nothing has changed for you.

Or maybe find a game that does the game design for me, so I don’t have to and can just play, hmm?

Manasa Devi.7958

So you are just here to complain for the sake of complaining? You were already unsatisfied with the game before the update. The only thing you said you enjoyed was the tick of the daily in the old system…. not in the game itself…

The “tick of the daily in the old system” was part of the game, was it not?

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

Personally I think the changes are an overall improvement but they are problematic as well.

I like that we have more options for doing the dailies and we get better rewards from them.

I don’t like that the PVE rewards are so specific. They changed from being filled through playing what/where I wanted to something I have to actually seek out. While there was an element of it before, now it’s just been pushed over the edge into grind territory.

If they made the dailies a little more generic such as: Gather anything in kryta or Gather logs anywhere, then I’d be satisfied with it.