I do not like the Feb monthlys

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

No WvW. I get to do my monthlies again. Life is good.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I think I have only missed a couple dailies since launch, but have never gotten a monthly achievement. Dailies have been largely around open world PvE and monthlies include WvW and dungeons. Anet knows that not all players do WvW or dungeons and yet have designed the monthly achievement as if those players don’t exist. They really need to offer options around monthly to include all players as it’s a significant reward that people who do play the game are missing. All they need to do is ask whether these players are able to play it their way or not. A simple alignment with their own philosophy is all that is needed.

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

The OP’s point is why do dungeon mobs play considerably different from the Open World vs an Instance? Why not have it scale to team size? The person responsible is passionate about Dungeons, why have they not taken leasons from the dozens of MMO’s prior to understand you need things like Scaling, Dungeon Difficulty. LFG Tools (in-game) and scaling rewards based on difficulty? That is what is missed here, this isn’t a player thing, this is a development over-sight. GW2 is under performing up to industry standards here. What we look is for all of the standards…. then something more as we progress in gamings future.

DDO has six difficulties per dungeon, GW2’s singular difficulty is equal to or still even more difficult then DDO’s highest Epic difficulty. If DDO only offered Epic, they’d been bankrupt years ago. And just to note, they have one difficulty called solo.

And if things are being worked on, it’s moving at a glaciers pace, very little in the grand scheme is changing, big patch to big patch.

Posted by: BioFringe.7945

BioFringe.7945

Not a direct response to the OP in particular but to some of the replies…

I feel really bad for anyone that thinks that they are “forced” or “need” to do anything in this game. Seriously…that is all.

This sentence is false.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I don’t really get it. You guys seem to hate dungeons so much, yet I consider them the best content in any mmo. Dungeons are loads of fun and in GW2 they’re actually very accessible. In WoW this monthly would be Kill Ragnaros twice.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: tic.7425

tic.7425

I don’t really get it. You guys seem to hate dungeons so much, yet I consider them the best content in any mmo. Dungeons are loads of fun and in GW2 they’re actually very accessible. In WoW this monthly would be Kill Ragnaros twice.

Not everyone enjoys the same thing??

Posted by: Totbot.4583

Totbot.4583

Instead of the general smug attitude most of this thread has had so far, maybe we could actually get some decent advice in it?

For those of us who just do not like dungeons, especially GW2’s often less than stellar dungeons, what would be the easiest way to get 5 done? I’ve done a total of 2 dungeon runs. Both of which occurred during the first month of the game. Which dungeons should I look for when people are asking in trade chat? Which are usually pretty fast and fun? Stuff like that.

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

I didn’t mind missing the monthly at first, but now with Laurels, things are different. Just posting to say that I agree with the OP about instances. (If you’re wondering what I do in game)

DE’s
Dragons, shadow behemoth, etc
crafting (whenever I have the resources)
material gathering
/dancing in the middle of nowhere
leveling new characters.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Horrorscope.7632

Here is your answer, peoples brains are developed differently which totally affects their being. Hence they are different than you. Your brain is doing the same thing to you, but on the other end. Since we know people are different, respect it, not just say it. And give us difficulty choices. Why do some people not like them beyond science… the mobs have many times more health and hit harder in a dungeon vs their same counterparts in the open world, end of story there. What works in 90% of the game may very well not work in the other 10%.

Other games get it, they have long made difficulty a choice so everyone, not just you, enjoy the content. I do feel with your skills you should get a better reward, that is how I would satisfy your level. I do not find GW2 dungeons accessible in general. I see certain builds needing to be used, also dying a lot and beating a dungeon, brings no satisfaction to me, it feels cheesy.

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

Haven’t checked the monthly but it sounds like it includes dungeon running again, so no monthly for me. Dungeons/fracs for the loss.

Maid Of The Coast

Horrorscope.7632

Instead of the general smug attitude most of this thread has had so far, maybe we could actually get some decent advice in it?

For those of us who just do not like dungeons, especially GW2’s often less than stellar dungeons, what would be the easiest way to get 5 done? I’ve done a total of 2 dungeon runs. Both of which occurred during the first month of the game. Which dungeons should I look for when people are asking in trade chat? Which are usually pretty fast and fun? Stuff like that.

That is a good question, I’d like pointers as well. As much as I find them un-fun, the monthly overall seems to be within reach for me and I can embarrass myself through 5.

So what are easier one’s, including FOTM’s? Thanks.

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

I was awaiting the new Feb. monthlys hoping you would get away from forcing players into open world pve and into participating in wvw. But, alas, NO ! Just like WoW you seem bound and determined to force us toexplore and wait for DE to happen. Well, if that’s what I wanted to do I could have stayed on WoW.

I liked doing the monthly the first couple of months. Then you discovered you needed to force us into open world pve since you made them, but lots of us are not interested in them. You can scale our toons up or down to an area why can’t you let us do it in one location or in town instead of instead of insisting us on going out into maps and exploring running into DE’s, some of which can’t be completed solo!

I’d like to be able to do the monthlys again!!! But as long as you insist on part of them beingrequiring random amount of people do finish them I’m out. I don’t even like the dungeon runs but it’s more fun than being bored going around hopingto stumble upon a DE and it at least has a dynamic aspect to it.

I know some people like this stuff but there are a lot who don’t. Perhaps you could give us 7 monthly options and we need to complete 5 of them. That way the people who like the open world pve could do them and those of us who would like more wvw could do that too.

I just switched up the item points. Food for thought?

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

I did all 3 AC paths last night in like an hour. A CoF path1 run takes like 10 minutes. Right there you have 4 of the 5 done in less than 2 hours. Also FotM 1-5 is extremely easy and does not take long, but I am not sure those would count as dungeons.

Dungeons to not run if you don’t like dungeon running: CoE, CM p2/3, HotW, Arah

The others are somewhere in between.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

(edited by Ruprect.7260)

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

its the best monthly since launch. all extremely easy and for once im not forced to do freaking wvw and most importantly youtube/google 30 puzzles (which i didn’t do and that was my first monthly uncompleted)

…or you could do the same three ones, every day, for 10 days.

You could?? I had no idea lol self owned.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

So…I completed the dungeon part of the monthly in ~ 1hr by doing CoF p1+p2 runs. Again, how hard is this monthly supposedly for you?

Do you expect ANet to cater to EVERY player with monthlies? Live a little. Take a break an try a different aspect of the game. Hell, you should be doing CoF runs anyway if you want gold. I don’t really see validity in your complaint.

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

its the best monthly since launch. all extremely easy and for once im not forced to do freaking wvw and most importantly youtube/google 30 puzzles (which i didn’t do and that was my first monthly uncompleted)

…or you could do the same three ones, every day, for 10 days.

You could?? I had no idea lol self owned.

You can do them all in one day if you want. If you do the three in LA. Just find the 3 in LA, then WP to another zone and WP back to LA and you will be in a different overflow. You can do all 3 again and get credit.

Unless they fixed that.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

I don’t like WvW, this zerg-infested culling hell. But I still did the achievement every month. Even without the laurel rewards.

What’s so hard in it? Just choose some time to do something different aside from your usual routine. If you aren’t doing anything beside X and Y in-game, then it looks terribly like a grind, that everyone is so much afraid of.

So stop your grind for a moment and do something different. That’s why monthlies are there.

EU Aurora Glade

Posted by: moirweyn.9872

moirweyn.9872

We have:
Daily – Laurels
Monthly – Laurels
Daily PvP – PvP Reward
Monthly PvP – PvP Reward

We need:
Dungeon Daily – Dungeon Coins
Dungeon Monthly – Dungeon Coins
WvW Daily – Badges
WvW Monthly – Badges

Normal Daily and Monthly should be Open World.

“There are two types of people in the world…and I don’t like them.”

Posted by: Evelynddra.9265

Evelynddra.9265

What do you people like?

TC doesn’t want to do anything that requires him to work with a PUG. That rules dungeons and Fractals out. Johny doesn’t want to do any form of PvP. That rules sPvP and WvW out. Timmy doesn’t like crafting. That rules crafting out. Billy hates spending money on gathering tools and salvage kits. So there go those objectives. Susie plays a strictly-supportive elementalist, so asking her to kill stuff isn’t fair.

Keep going and there’ll be nothing left. If all you whiners get your way, we’re either going to automatically complete the Monthly Achievement by virtue of logging on or we’re not going to have Monthly Achievements at all. Whoo-freaking-hoo!

Nail, meet head. You’re spot on.

All I gather from people complaining about the daily/monthly is that they don’t like…anything apparently. The crafting one took seconds. Seriously. I have 0 crafting. I grabbed some ore and BAM crafted 10 set of ingots. You can knock out revive/daily kills/dungeons/veteran/variety/dodge just by doing a couple runs. Events, hey look! You can complete revive/daily kills/veteran/dodge also! Harvesting? Spend 5 min in any zone (I like Orr, and trees/ore count as 3-4!). Underwater kills (also works towards daily kills/variety!), go to any lowbie zone and kill them easy peasy. Go talk to the laurel guy. One time. that’s the easiest one ever. I can’t imagine anyone would complain on that one.

I haven’t seen the monthly for this month yet, but last month’s one was hardly difficult. You didn’t even need to do the JPs, just find them (LA + overflow + alts = easy). Fractals…definitely more annoying with the d/c bug. I managed to finish it in a day, with little to no difficulty (even though I couldn’t do ANY until the 28th). WvW kills is beyond easy. Find a zerg/group, play for a bit and BAM kills (and karma!). Events, super easy (and ties in with dailies!).

When they add in selecting the tasks, well that’ll be even easier.

Evelynddra.9265

Sometimes i wish we’d go back to forced grouping to even level.

This would weed out everyone that refuse to be social and actually do stuff with other people.

Go back to?

really…

I don’t remember ever needing to be forced to group in any early MMOs.

You don’t remember having to be in a group and finding a camp to pull mobs to you as the only form of leveling? MMO’s existed before 2005.

Players were more like minded then and went out of their way to help others because they had to, otherwise they’d get nothing done. While i don’t miss the huge time sinks, i do miss this aspect.

2005, heh, i was playing them back in 1994 with Neverwinter Nights, then on to Ultima Online in ’97. I was never “forced” to group. Star Wars Galaxies, DAoC…

You could group to force pull mobs, probably helped you level faster, but you werent “forced” to. Which of these games were you playing that “forced” you to group?

I just commented, but I HAD to reply to this. Any game that wasn’t made in the West. Basically. Ragnarok Online, Maplestory, Shaiya, Priston Tale, Silkroad Online, Astonia 3 (I freaking loved this one, shoutout to anyone who may have played it!), EQ (not sure on this, correct me if I’m wrong), Runescape, Aion (at launch, unsure of grind status now). I am positive there’s more, but I can’t remember them all. Keep in mind, some of these may have changed since I played. Also some do have quests; leveling was mainly done by mob grinding though.

tic.7425

This would weed out everyone that refuse to be social and actually do stuff with other people.

Go back to?

really…

You don’t remember having to be in a group and finding a camp to pull mobs to you as the only form of leveling? MMO’s existed before 2005.

Players were more like minded then and went out of their way to help others because they had to, otherwise they’d get nothing done. While i don’t miss the huge time sinks, i do miss this aspect.

2005, heh, i was playing them back in 1994 with Neverwinter Nights, then on to Ultima Online in ’97. I was never “forced” to group. Star Wars Galaxies, DAoC…

You could group to force pull mobs, probably helped you level faster, but you werent “forced” to. Which of these games were you playing that “forced” you to group?

I just commented, but I HAD to reply to this. Any game that wasn’t made in the West. Basically. Ragnarok Online, Maplestory, Shaiya, Priston Tale, Silkroad Online, Astonia 3 (I freaking loved this one, shoutout to anyone who may have played it!), EQ (not sure on this, correct me if I’m wrong), Runescape, Aion (at launch, unsure of grind status now). I am positive there’s more, but I can’t remember them all. Keep in mind, some of these may have changed since I played. Also some do have quests; leveling was mainly done by mob grinding though.

Interesting, can safetly say i don’t believe i played any of those games other than Aion (i remember levelling solo at times in that game), they weren’t really my speed.

The original person i commented on, gave (at least to me) the impression that back in the day, the only way to level in MMOs was forced grouping, which i thought simply wasn’t true, and definetly not in any games i played, thats why asked for examples. I wasn’t completly doubting it, just doubting thats the only way it used to be.

Though i was never a fan of korean grinders, so that might explain some things. Regardless, i can go back to ’94 with no forced grouping.

/shrug

Horrorscope.7632

Mentioned above: Does a FOTM run count as a dungeon? Thanks.

Posted by: Chasan.3521

Chasan.3521

Another monthly I’ll be skipping, I cant stand doing dungeon/fractals and so I’ll just skip this monthly like I’ve done all the others. I really wish they would just let us pick X number out of Y tasks like they said they were going to.

Texas – warrior SoR
Kalima – ranger
resident rally bait

Blacklight.2871

I feel really bad for anyone that thinks that they are “forced” or “need” to do anything in this game. Seriously…that is all.

The rewards are too substantial to exclude cross-sections of players, wholesale. Karma to you maybe meaningless (good for you, by the way), but I’d rather not be stuck grinding karma on events for the next six months for the gear I want, when I could have it in a matter of weeks. ESPECIALLY when the majority of the player base is able to use that fast track without a problem.

Stuff your superiority.

Blacklight.2871

All they need to do is have multiple qualifying tracks for monthlies, like they have planned for dailies, and let players choose the tracks that appeal to them. Pushing them to do activities they don’t enjoy, breeds resentment. People can make their own decisions as to how they spend their time. Give them the ability to do so and end the complaints on the subject.

Posted by: Frellin.6318

Frellin.6318

The only aspect of this game I do not play is PvE dungeons. I have not stepped into a single one. I do everything else: WvW, sPvP, open world content, jumping puzzles, and crafting. I also need to be on equal terms with my opponents in WvW. This dungeon requirement for the daily is forcing me to do something I have never done since the launch of the game.

What they need to do is give you a choice. Do one of the following:
- PvE dungeons completed.
- WvW requirement.
- Kill event dragons (or something similar).

Mix the above requirements with other monthly requirements and we are good.

And for PvE players complaining about not completing monthlies do to WvW requirements. I have completed less monthlies then you because I do not do dungeons. What is your point? Neither of us should be forced.

Posted by: BioFringe.7945

BioFringe.7945

The rewards are too substantial to exclude cross-sections of players, wholesale. Karma to you maybe meaningless (good for you, by the way), but I’d rather not be stuck grinding karma on events for the next six months for the gear I want, when I could have it in a matter of weeks. ESPECIALLY when the majority of the player base is able to use that fast track without a problem.

Stuff your superiority.

Not about my superiority but rather your entitlement issues. You’re so caught up in it that you can’t even see the trees from the forest.

But of course, as usual, the personal attacks come out when someone doesn’t have a leg to stand on.

BTW: in case you can’t tell…I bolded the single word that you used that completely negates your own argument. Well done.

This sentence is false.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Part of the promise about Ascended items was that they would be available in other ways than through the Fractals dungeon. This was presumably to accommodate players who prefer doing something other than dungeons. This is the first monthly after the new laurel-bought Ascended items have been introduced. Given all of the above, I find it ironic that one of the requirements is dungeon participation.

Can you spot the 5 glaring flaws in your non-argument yourself or should I point them out to you?

Go ahead, knock yourself out.

1/ you have to do dungeons, not fractal dungeons at high level
2/ you can even do a single path 5 times. I would recommend AC exp1
3/ laurels aren’t even needed for ascended. There’s other ways
4/ It was not to accommodate players who don’t do fractals, it was to vary the game in general. Don’t feel so entitled, this update wasn’t specifically for you.
5/ finding a dungeon group is not difficult. It takes less than 5 minutes to get into any dungeon path you want.

So I have no idea why you’re even QQ or what you’re QQ’ing about. Some people want to remove monthly from the monthly so they can do the monthly. Well … they’re a set of objectives you can go for. No one is forcing you, not even to get ascended items.

As of yet, monthly/daily are the easiest way to get ascended. Not only that but the current monthly is probably the easiest we’ve seen since launch. Apparently puppykittenly easy isn’t nearly easy enough for some people.

And here I thought you were going to educate me. Color me disappointed. Sorry it took so long to respond, though, as rl interfered.

1) and 2) This is really just one point, and I don’t see how it is a flaw in my non-argument. FotM IS a dungeon, more than a few don’t like any dungeons.

3) So, other than laurels and fractals, those ways would be?

4) Perhaps you don’t remember the kitten-storm caused by the introduction of FotM and Ascended, and ANet’s reaction, which was to promise to make them more generally available. It seems you believe that FotM was part of the plan all along because ANet assured us that Ascended was contemplated before launch. I think ANet reacted to negative player feedback about nothing to do, and then reacted to the negative feedback about Fractals. You are free to disagree.

5) Ease of entry is not always the issue for people who dislike dungeons.

The fatal flaws in your post?

1) Why is a comment that I find something ironic QQ? You seem to be assuming that anyone who does not defend the dungeon monthly is against it. I’ll admit, my “non-argument” was cynical, but hardly a complaint. Good catch on it being a non-argument, though. I am indeed not arguing, though you assume I am.

2) The whole “forcing/need” thing is tired, meaningless rhetoric. Some people may believe they are being forced, others may believe they need something in a video game. Doesn’t make them right, nor does it mean mean everyone who expresses a want is making those assumptions.

Both 1 and 2 seem to indicate you are viewing the discussion as having only two sides, pro and con. Which brings me to the real flaw in my post, which was pointing out shades of gray. I should have realized there is no place for such on the internet.

Cheers.

Posted by: Distilled.9041

Distilled.9041

The bloated sense of entitlement surrounding these threads is absolutely astounding.
A game is performing a task under a set of specific rules for specific rewards – deal with it.

Posted by: Katai.6240

Katai.6240

Ironically, the monthly achievement that I don’t like is the salvage 500 items. I typically make more money just selling my junk to NPCs (usually around 1-2 silver) than trying to sell the materials I get from salvaging (about 40 copper for mithril). Basically I’m losing money for this daily.

Posted by: Sericenthe.5310

Sericenthe.5310

Considering I’ve never done the monthly before because it was impossible for me the way “I play” the game I’m happy about February because I will get it done and it’s just in time for the new Laurels.

NOTE: I never complained about not being able to do them before.

Seri Kali [Me] – 80 Necromancer -Yak’s Bend

Horrorscope.7632

The bloated sense of entitlement surrounding these threads is absolutely astounding.
A game is performing a task under a set of specific rules for specific rewards – deal with it.

It’s called varying opinions. If there is something in life you don’t like… I guess the answer is deal with it, no lip service. People are just expressing their concerns, it’s called feedback. People paid to handle this… will. No reason to squelch them.

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

I see 50 DEs in the first tier of the monthly. What more do you want?

Edit: And where’s my 1-hour-to-completion WvW kills achievement?

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

I think the word entitlement has been a bit overused in the last few years.

The main issue is that some people don’t want to participate in an area of game play they normally do not participate in for the sake of achieving a monthly. Why? because people play games for enjoyment, and that area of activity is not enjoying to them.

Hopefully this sill be alleviated when they are able to give people an option of choosing which task they want to complete, but until then, people are going to complain.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Hopefully this sill be alleviated when they are able to give people an option of choosing which task they want to complete, but until then, people are going to complain.

They’ll complain after it’s released. 4 out of 6 and people will complain that there are 3 they don’t like to do. Meaning they’ll have to do one that they don’t like.

And there’s probably someone that will complain that it is choose 4 of 6 and not do all 6.

Horrorscope.7632

They’ll complain after it’s released. 4 out of 6 and people will complain that there are 3 they don’t like to do. Meaning they’ll have to do one that they don’t like.

And there’s probably someone that will complain that it is choose 4 of 6 and not do all 6.

So be it.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

And you’ll get the complaint that out of the 6, they only like doing one of them things.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Evelynddra.9265

Go back to?

really…

Interesting, can safetly say i don’t believe i played any of those games other than Aion (i remember levelling solo at times in that game), they weren’t really my speed.

The original person i commented on, gave (at least to me) the impression that back in the day, the only way to level in MMOs was forced grouping, which i thought simply wasn’t true, and definetly not in any games i played, thats why asked for examples. I wasn’t completly doubting it, just doubting thats the only way it used to be.

Though i was never a fan of korean grinders, so that might explain some things. Regardless, i can go back to ’94 with no forced grouping.

/shrug

Ah, I read his comment as more of a “these types of games have existed for ages, a good amount of them were grind only before 2005 (or before quests became the norn)”. When I first started playing MMORPGs (around the 2000s), I definitely mainly played ones that were grind only. I honestly never played one that wasn’t grindy until I started WoW when WotLK came out. A few were solely Korean types (Silkroad/RO), a couple were Western (Astonia3/Runescape), and some were Westernized Korean ones (Aion/Shaiya). Grindy games are definitely something commonly found in Korean MMOs, but there are some Western that do. Just far less.

Posted by: Suddenflame.2601

Suddenflame.2601

Go back to?

really…

/shrug

A better comparison for forced grouping is GW1. You were forced to group to do most of the content. Sure you had henchies and heroes but they AI wasnt very good and you always needed people to do DOA and missions. So i would expect that some of the forced grouping continues in the sequel.

Ranger; Warrior; Mesmer; Elementalist; Guardian; Engineer
[GWAM] and [LUST]
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Posted by: Debsylvania.7396

Debsylvania.7396

I’m excited about this one… no WvW…. I finally won’t have to wade into PvP that I prefer not to do.

We all have preferences, no one is forcing you to do the monthly. I missed it all but one month because I don’t PvP….

You don’t want to do what’s on the menu this month? You don’t have to!

Your comments seem ironic given your excitement over PVP requirements being left out of the monthly. Those of us who have no interest in fractals/dungeons would appreciate the same consideration.

For the record, I’ve missed all but one monthly (the single one before fractals were added to the game) because of fractal requirements.

Deb ~The Chewbacca Defense [TCD];
Waiting For Death [WFD]
@ Borlis Pass Server

(edited by Debsylvania.7396)

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I’m excited about this one… no WvW…. I finally won’t have to wade into PvP that I prefer not to do.

We all have preferences, no one is forcing you to do the monthly. I missed it all but one month because I don’t PvP….

Your comments seem ironic given your excitement over PVP requirements being left out of the monthly. Those of us who have no interest in fractals/dungeons would appreciate the same consideration.

For the record, I’ve missed all but one monthly (the single one before fractals were added to the game) because of fractal requirements.

This month requires dungeons, not fractals specifically, and there were two sets of monthlies before fractals were added, although October did have a “dungeon” requirement. If you substitute dungeon for fractal in your post, you are correct.

Oh, and talking about irony doesn’t seem to go over well.

Debsylvania.7396

This month requires dungeons, not fractals specifically, and there were two sets of monthlies before fractals were added, although October did have a “dungeon” requirement. If you substitute dungeon for fractal in your post, you are correct.

Oh, and talking about irony doesn’t seem to go over well.

I said fractal/dungeon… they are the same in my book. And there was a month without requiring either dungeon or fractal completions. The post I quoted was distinctly ironic. I’m sorry you didn’t appreciate it.

Waiting For Death [WFD]
@ Borlis Pass Server

Posted by: Mayhem.5324

Mayhem.5324

Can’t please everyone. I personally never did a monthly until now because I don’t particularly enjoy PVP anymore. Dungeons on the other hand? I can rip through that part of the Monthly in about an hour with CoF speed runs.

One person’s loss is another’s gain.

Posted by: dRiZzLe.2089

dRiZzLe.2089

Hey Anet, just give us 10 Laurels every month without doing anything. We’re lazy. While your at it just give us a Legendary and some exotic/ascended gear too. I mean I payed for the game so I should get these things for nothing.

/end_sarcasm

Guild: Assured Mutual Destruction [ICBM]
World: Isle of Janthir (NA)

Debsylvania.7396

Can’t please everyone. I personally never did a monthly until now because I don’t particularly enjoy PVP anymore. Dungeons on the other hand? I can rip through that part of the Monthly in about an hour with CoF speed runs.

One person’s loss is another’s gain.

In this case, I don’t think it would be especially difficult to please the vast majority by simply replacing any dungeon and/or pvp requirements with something else.

Waiting For Death [WFD]
@ Borlis Pass Server

tic.7425

Go back to?

really…

/shrug

Ah, I read his comment as more of a “these types of games have existed for ages, a good amount of them were grind only before 2005 (or before quests became the norn)”. When I first started playing MMORPGs (around the 2000s), I definitely mainly played ones that were grind only. I honestly never played one that wasn’t grindy until I started WoW when WotLK came out. A few were solely Korean types (Silkroad/RO), a couple were Western (Astonia3/Runescape), and some were Westernized Korean ones (Aion/Shaiya). Grindy games are definitely something commonly found in Korean MMOs, but there are some Western that do. Just far less.

Well, theres a difference between grindy, and being forced to group to level, which is what he mentioned.

Like i said, i never played those, but were you unable to even level unless you had a group with you? I find that pretty odd.

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

I’m actually happy for the PVE players that they don’t have to go into WvW if they don’t want to.

Unfortunately, the opposite is not true. For WvW players, this is turning into early WoW all over, where you have to PvE to keep up with PvP progression. It’s totally against everything they sold this game as and their design philosophy.

They promise more options down the line but its been months since fractals have come out and no love for or paths for WvW players to get this progression in their game mode, worse, they are introducing even more new items to increase the gap between PvE and WvW players, with the only way to quickly acquire them, by doing monthlies that force you into dungeons.

How long is it going to take for Anet to stay true to their intentions? Really hoping the February patch solves this for WvW or it will begin to look like they just don’t care about keeping this part of their playerbase.

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

Are you that desperate for virtual interaction with anonymous strangers that your ideal is for the game developer to force other people into doing things with you even if it might be against their will? I’m sorry, but that sounds like a personal problem.

Not to mention that GW2 isn’t that game. So, if that’s what you’re looking for I’m sure there are plenty of less “casual” MMOs our there to fulfill this need of yours.

Posted by: InfamousBrad.5879

InfamousBrad.5879

… finding a dungeon group is not difficult. It takes less than 5 minutes to get into any dungeon path you want. …

It took me closer to an hour. Admittedly, half of that was trying to figure out how to use gw2lfg.com and how to join an open party once I found one through it; the other half was trying to find a party that wasn’t already full or canceled, because nearly all of the ones listed there either were already full or the person who listed it had given up and logged off after 10 minutes or so.

I’ve waited longer to get into a raid or dungeon or whatever they called the group content in other MMOs, but the process was a lot more transparent. Anet has already said that they intend to eventually include a group finder tool in GW2; part of me wishes they’d waited until that was done before putting any group-mandatory objectives in the dailies or monthlies.

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I don’t like dungeons, why do I need to do them to get dungeon tokens?