I don't understand

I don't understand

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

I have a question : I’ m a solo roamer in wvw
Let’ s say i have 1200 condi damage and i apply on average a maximum of 10 stacks of bleeding but costantly.
Will i do more or less damage when the patch goes live?

I don't understand

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

If it’s just you on your own, no change, If it’s a team fight and you hit 25+ stacks of bleed combined, you’ll do “more” (in reality all the damage you should have been doing will now actually count as opposed to some of it getting lost).

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

I don't understand

Posted by: DaMunky.6302

DaMunky.6302

The change to stack limits won’t affect you while solo, but the change to condi damage scaling with the corresponding stat will mean that anybody with 700+ condi will do more damage post-patch than they are currently.

Dear lord, what have I done? – Matthew Medina, Gw2 Content Designer

I don't understand

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

I basicly always solo in wvw…
That’ s what i can’ t understand : 10 stacks of bleeding applied by only 1 player ( Me)….will do more damage after patch or less damage?^

I don't understand

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

I basicly always solo in wvw…
That’ s what i can’ t understand : 10 stacks of bleeding applied by only 1 player ( Me)….will do more damage after patch or less damage?^

That depends on what the value for Condition Damage is for you. If this number is greater than 700, you will do more damage. If it is lower than 700, then you will do less damage after patch.

I don't understand

Posted by: Neox.3497

Neox.3497

Nobody can say. It could deal more, it could deal less. If you have some vulnerable I could imagine it will be higher.

However with the changes to condition AND the trait system there will be a LOT of balance and “meta” changes.

I don't understand

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

My guess is, the more Cond.dmg you have the more dmg you will have, but those builds that had less than 700cond.dmg will see their conditions deal less and those who focus on condi.dmg and have more than 700+ will see their dmg the same and more.

The important stuff is that players who focus on cond.dmg can nowget back into the game, and finally be viable to dungeons/bosses etc.

But all these are speculations until the patch is finally hit and we see the changes by ourselves.

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

I don't understand

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

Assuming the 700 condition damage makes you on par with current damage, you should be seeing higher numbers if you run 1200 condition damage.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

I don't understand

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

No body but the devs and insiders know. The trait-attribute splits screw up everything not to mention all coefficients are susceptible to changes as well. But if the sum of all attributes stay fixed (which is unlikely), you’ll get about 1104 extra attributes from gears to distribute among your stats, so yes your condi damage would likely rise.

Note: 70 1087 745 + 745+100 x14 + 4 × 926 – 4 × 1000 = 3751 attribute points to add from gear. The current gear system gives you: 70 + 1087 + 745 + 745 = 2647 attribute points from gear. 3751 – 2647 = 1104 points increase if the total attribute points is to be unchanged.