I feel scammed.....

I feel scammed.....

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

I just spent $10 on the trickster light armor skin, and applied it to my level 11 necro. Afterwards realized my stones were missing. I bought thing assuming it would be like heritage armor with unlimited uses. I would not have spent $10 on a skin knowing it cost money every single time I want to keep applying it. How can I get a refund?

I feel scammed.....

Posted by: Beorn Saxon.4762

Beorn Saxon.4762

The skin is now perma unlocked in your wardrobe so you can re apply it forever going forward on any light armor wearer. It will cost transmutation charges to apply it, like all other skin unlocks.

Next time read descriptions more indepthly so you know how they work.

You can submit a trouble ticket for a refund.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

I feel scammed.....

Sylent.3165

Heritage armor is unlimited uses without any stones required. That’s where I figured a paid skin would be the same

I feel scammed.....

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Paid skins are not the same. The only things that you get unlimited uses from are the heritage armours, and skins unlocked from achievement points like Zenith, Radiant and Hellfire skins.

That said, Transmutation Charges are really not hard to come by. You get one from completing a map, even a city, and you also earn them when participating in PvP, gaining one charge for each ten games you win (progress is also made by losing, just a bit slower). You might not earn enough charges to keep the skin on your necromancer as you level it up, but by the time you reach 80 you should have enough to reapply the skin to your chosen level 80 armour set.

I feel scammed.....

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Heritage armor is unlimited uses without any stones required. That’s where I figured a paid skin would be the same

The item descriptions say “once per slot,” with no mention of “unlimited uses,” so it’s pretty obvious how they work. It’s not Anet’s fault if you don’t read the description.

I feel scammed.....

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

If you’re new and you didn’t know, contact customer support and get a refund. You’ll know for next time.

I feel scammed.....

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I can see from your earliest posts, you are not new (you mentioned having played at launch, but took a break until a few months ago), but you may be able to get a refund, regardless. Top of Page – Support – Submit a Request.

Good luck.

I feel scammed.....

Sylent.3165

Yea I’m not new. I’ve spent hundreds however none for a skin though, hopefully they’ll help out

I feel scammed.....

Vayne.8563

To me skins are worth more than they used to be because you could use the on multiple characters. In the old days before the wardrobe if you wanted to do that, you’d have to buy more than one skin. And people did.

I feel scammed.....

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

To be fair, it’s perfectly reasonable to expect a skin that you paid 1/5th the retail price of a full game to be reusable without additional costs, so I wouldn’t blame Sylent for making the mistake; that being said, wardrobe is a massive improvement in that we don’t have to pay full price for a set each time we want to use the skin (or part of the skin) on another character.

Of course, the problem is ANet makes no distinction between gems purchased with money or converted from gold, so there’s no way to flag a skin as “bought with real money, infinite use” or “bought with gold, ‘encourage’ them to spend real money”.

I feel scammed.....

Vayne.8563

To be fair, it’s perfectly reasonable to expect a skin that you paid 1/5th the retail price of a full game to be reusable without additional costs, so I wouldn’t blame Sylent for making the mistake; that being said, wardrobe is a massive improvement in that we don’t have to pay full price for a set each time we want to use the skin (or part of the skin) on another character.

Of course, the problem is ANet makes no distinction between gems purchased with money or converted from gold, so there’s no way to flag a skin as “bought with real money, infinite use” or “bought with gold, ‘encourage’ them to spend real money”.

I didn’t blame anyone for making the mistake. I’m simply pointing out that it got to be a better deal on April 15. Everything I said in my post is true. At what point do you see me blaming the OP? In fact, I suggested he contact Anet and get a refund if he’s not satisfied.

I feel scammed.....

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

U get transmutation stones by completing random hearts/map completitions. You are lvl 11. This topic…………….

I feel scammed.....

Vayne.8563

You also get transmutation stones for PvPing, FYI.

I feel scammed.....

Posted by: Susulemon.3204

Susulemon.3204

Tip: Don’t waste good skins and transmutation charges on characters that are not lv80 yet.

Back in the day it was rather cheap to dress up none 80 characters due to the lower level transmutation charges, but nowadays there aren’t that many good ways to dress yourself up pre 80, you simply upgrade gears too fast (every 5-10 levels).

I feel scammed.....

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

Tip: Don’t waste good skins and transmutation charges on characters that are not lv80 yet.

Back in the day it was rather cheap to dress up none 80 characters due to the lower level transmutation charges, but nowadays there aren’t that many good ways to dress yourself up pre 80, you simply upgrade gears too fast (every 5-10 levels).

The only way to dress a pre lvl80 is to use radiant/hellfire skins as they cost no transmutation charges.
I too was unsure if the skins that are purchased from the gemstore were unlimited use like those in the achievement rewards. I held off from purchase until I found out for certain.
Sometimes the descriptions in the BLTC are a bit vague. I tend to research exactly what an item does through other sources before considering a purchase. This alone has saved me some gems and disappointment on a few occasions.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

I feel scammed.....

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

I didn’t blame anyone for making the mistake. I’m simply pointing out that it got to be a better deal on April 15. Everything I said in my post is true. At what point do you see me blaming the OP? In fact, I suggested he contact Anet and get a refund if he’s not satisfied.

Oh, I wasn’t saying you were blaming him, was just making a general statement that his mistake is pretty understandable.

I feel scammed.....

Vayne.8563

Oh, I wasn’t saying you were blaming him, was just making a general statement that his mistake is pretty understandable.

Yep I agree. I think the description should be altered to better explain what you’re getting.

I feel scammed.....

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Thing is, from Anet’s point of view, there’s no difference between “bought with real money” and “bought with gold”. Each gem available in the exchange market to purchase with gold has been put there by someone that purchased it and then exchanged it for gold. There are no free gems, at some point each and every gem used (regardless of whether it was bought with gold or a credit card) was paid in real money to Anet.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

I feel scammed.....

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

It would be nice to be able to earn them in some way across all game play types/choices on relatively equal footing.1 WvW should have a way. Dungeons, open world PvE (world bosses, DEs, Dry Top-esque), other play styles I can’t think of.

1 And no, paying $10 for a character slot solely for the purpose of running city discoveries and then deleting them is not something I would consider equal to, say, winning some PvP games. It barely qualifies as playing.

P.S. – Your [sup] doesn’t work for young cats.

I feel scammed.....

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

If you’re new and you didn’t know, contact customer support and get a refund. You’ll know for next time.

I wouldn’t bet on that as I don’t think they have the ability to REMOVE anything from the wardrobe and I doubt they are going to give him the skin for free (tho, he can try).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

I feel scammed.....

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Yep I agree. I think the description should be altered to better explain what you’re getting.

The description states that the skins are one-time use, and activate the wardrobe.

I feel scammed.....

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

That would be frustrating for sure. However, it is only $10, and it’s a pretty sweet skin that you can use as much as transmutation stones will allow, which aren’t terribly hard to come by as others have said.

To minimize having to reskin too frequently, I only re-gear at 35, 60, and 80. And on my alts I don’t even bother with 80 gear unless I plan to run FoTM or something, so I get level 60 gear, put skins, then when they hit 80 I typically park them somewhere for some kind of specific farming or to do PvP.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

I feel scammed.....

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I usually re-gear at the Masterwork crafting points (20, 35, 50, 65), but will ONLY use 0 cost transmute skins prior to 80.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

I feel scammed.....

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

You didn’t read anything about the skins and how they work and now you feel scammed. I see an uninformed person throwing money down a rat hole. It is not A.Net’s fault you don’t know who to read.

I have no sympathy here at all.