I had high hopes for week 3...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

Today we got some UI shuffling for minis and finishers… Meh. Not breaking anything afaik, but underwhelming.

And the other announcements this week are “collections” and “trading”. They’ve already announced some small crafting changes, so maybe there will be other UI changes to collections tab. Trading will be AT BEST 1:1 secure trading and changes to the TP (armor type filter, etc).

So with that, we have an end to the feature pack. Lets run down the features again, shall we?

The Good:

Short 4-week WvW tourney. Pretty cool.

Account-bound color-coded commander tags. Ok I guess.

Balance changes- some good, some bad.

Fixing mega servers- right on.

No more dungeon owners- no more d/c restarts.

Crafting UI improvements.

MAYBE trading post improvements.

The Meh:

UI shuffles that don’t do much.

Leveling weapons.

Yet another set of back pieces.

Another wvw trap no one will use.

The Bad:

Balance changes (again, some good, some bad).

New leveling system nobody asked for- no downed state until level 5? Really?

Profession loot- more useable loot is a GOOD goal, but this is not the way. (All classes are equal, but some are more equal than others…)

And let’s not forget we’re not getting:

-fixes to the precursor market (precursor crafting)

-removal of hobo sacks

-the SAB (just turn it back on as-is!)

-a real fix to cloth prices

-various camera fixes and/or first person

Overall, the update is more good than bad, but probably not 3-week-announcement worthy. That said, these next 2 days may hold surprises…

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

(edited by Piogre.2164)

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

i sort of agree with what was stated but you stated another backpack it sounds to me like its a crafting backpack instead and you get it for maxing out crafting one for each crafting profession. still not sure what it means but dont think its just another backpack but i may be wrong. also the trading update might be the bright spot but yeah i think the entire feature pack is kind of meh from what they announced so far

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

Kinda underwhelming in its entirety yes.
I do like the thing about minis, but that is it.

I am completely baffled by the “making it easier to lvl” it was never really that difficult in the first place… very simple learning curve… is it really needed to make it even easier? How helpless do they think the playerbase is?

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

snip

I +1’d your post. It was well put and not aggro. I like that you looked at it objectively. Thanks.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

snip

I +1’d your post. It was well put and not aggro. I like that you looked at it objectively. Thanks.

I didn’t think is was all that objective. But I appreciate your +1.

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

Posted by: Zelanard.5806

Zelanard.5806

Seriously… what did you expect? its a feature pack… Not an expansion.
I completely disagree with your idea abut Bad stuff. its not new stuff none asked for, its needed stuff everyone expected.

Balance changes is always a good thing. at least, in opposition to before, we get a chance to see them now.
The profession loot is a direct response to what the community is saying. maybe not on the forum but toss an ear in the game and see what people are saying.. I hear nothing but “WHY DO I GET LOOT I CANT USE RIGHT NOW?” from new payers.

And the UI Stuff is supper cool. No more searching for stuff for hours without end without being able to find it. No more “I ONLY NEED ONE MORE POI” searching he map for hours and hours and giving up… its just hit the button and run there.

And no, you don’t get precursor market fixing. they announced that a long time ago… they fixed some unintended stuff about it, but said they were not going to do more about it. Frankly, that is a good thing. weather you like it or not we don’t need anymore legendary items out there.

Don’t expect fixes to thing that are working, and working well…

When commenting on a suggestion:
Leave it to A-net to decide whether the suggestion is possible or not.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Actually all classes just as all chances are not equal, more balance and more loot rewards and less RNG is necessary before they actually make this game rewarding again.

I’d prefer they convert all world chests into those you have to use in game keys for like Dry Top with no keys in Shop even that would be an improvement over getting a mountain of grey skulls every week.

so balance pve more, add more weapon types with new skills (like a staff for engineer with lighning abilities, cattleprod style), make rewards more fun and useful, and even throw in some fixes for the problems in combat like CC being useless in PVE and condition damage stacking in large groups and I think this game would be awesomesauce again.

I hope these will be on the list for the future feature pack

From where I’m sitting they are on the right track.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

-fixes to the precursor market (precursor crafting) -
My Thought: Would be neat but they have said they were having trouble getting this just right. Probably so that it doesn’t ruin the market as it stands currently.

-removal of hobo sacks
My Thought: I have No Idea what this even is?

Content and NOT a Feature, also we don’t know why it didn’t come back only speculation abounds as to why it is.

Was Stated That the Silk thing was intended, otherwise not certain what you mean by this either.

Also, something nice, unknown reason why its not implemented either.

As for the Leveling Changes that were made, personally I find them awesome. They are targeted changes that obviously ANet has reason to change they have numbers and information we don’t (A lot of it from my previous experiences with developing things on my own). They care about new player retention as should any and everyone out there. New Players are the lifesblood to an MMO, even if you don’t like the idea, they are in some cases even more important than the veterans of a game.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

DC restarts don’t exist. The instance is held open for 15 minutes if the instance owner leaves (not the party), disconnects, logs off, or fatally errors.

Within that time, if the instance owner gets back and into the instance, it is refreshed and held until his timely withdrawl (again).

The only time an instance will close on you is if:
Instance owner leaves party.
Instance owner is kicked.
Instance owner kicks only party member (or vice versa, see above).
Instance owner is out of instance for 15 minutes.
Instance owner changes characters.

During any of that time, assuming the instance owner does not do one of the aforementioned do not do things, the instance owner is free to enter another instance, go to WvW, relog, log out, close the game, and more.

After the change, if the instance owner is the only person in the dungeon and disconnects, he must start over from the beginning.

So yes, the dungeon changes are great. But they also forget about a small community.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

-removal of hobo sacks
My Thought: I have No Idea what this even is?

“Hobo sacks” refers to the way Engineers have a big ol’ backpack-thing appear on them when using certain skills. Some people find it unattractive, and others are just frustrated that it hides their chosen backpiece, which is pretty significant considering how many event rewards were backpieces. I’m not really sure what the best solution is there, and I barely play Engineer, but it’s a reasonable gripe.

Anyway, I think the minis update is a good way to kick off the third week. The preview titles for the upcoming blog posts don’t sound super exciting, but I think people might as well wait a couple more days before getting riled up about them. The feature pack ship doesn’t turn sharply enough for a couple days of earlier complaining to make a difference, and it’s easier to judge the situation when all the cards are on the table.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Ykfox.3825

Ykfox.3825

Considering a way to use Miniature’s from anywhere on any character without taking up bag space has been one of the most asked for features practically since launc, I find it funny you listed it as ‘meh’.

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

Ah, thanks Redekitten play an Engi but I never really noticed a hobo sack. Ah well, reasonable enough I guess.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

The #1 thing I am disappointed about was all the leveling changes they announced in Week 2. I never felt it was that difficult in the first place and they allocated resources to make it even easier? Seemed kind of wasteful.

Everything else are features people have been asking to get for a while. Could’ve done without the 3 week drumroll rollout though.

ricky markham.8173

Considering a way to use Miniature’s from anywhere on any character without taking up bag space has been one of the most asked for features practically since launc, I find it funny you listed it as ‘meh’.

i used to buy minis via the gem store and sell them when the collection was done as in achievements for me i dont want a ton of minis that i cant sell so i wont be buying anymore just the ones i like look of so i wont be getting achievement points either so this update to minis hurts me and anet in the wallet and gives me less achievement points in the end. so yeh it was meh to me

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

The #1 thing I am disappointed about was all the leveling changes they announced in Week 2. I never felt it was that difficult in the first place and they allocated resources to make it even easier? Seemed kind of wasteful.

I feel like I keep repeating this in different threads, but it’s worthwhile context: Lots of changes for leveling and the early game were apparently developed for the launch of the game in China, so most of the resources involved were going to be allocated anyway, regardless of whether we were going to get those features. Then it’s a question of leaving these already-designed features sitting on the table, or go ahead and integrate them into our version of the game.

I don’t have any special insight into how much work that integration took, but it seems practical to not let those developments go to waste.

Everything else are features people have been asking to get for a while. Could’ve done without the 3 week drumroll rollout though.

Agreed. It’s hard to sustain excitement over three weeks when so many of the updates were just nice, neutral, or questionable. Minor improvements are appreciated, but dragging them out…

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Kinda underwhelming in its entirety yes.
I do like the thing about minis, but that is it.

I am completely baffled by the “making it easier to lvl” it was never really that difficult in the first place… very simple learning curve… is it really needed to make it even easier? How helpless do they think the playerbase is?

Funny thing is that before certain “changes” were made, it was even easier to level. Then crafting exp got hit, event rewards, and other ways to obtain exp and we end up at the drag it is today. “Training” in EotM is now the fastest way and it’s sad too. Seeing other players ask about how to level fast and they are directed to the K-train….

Now this “brand new (China)” unlock system is replacing what we have now. Seen the traits thread yet? See the 2k posts about how terrible the system is? Now imagine that as you are leveling in addition to how the trait system is now…

Good grief…

Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Cross.6437

Cross.6437

He literally said at the bottom of his post what some of us were expecting:

-removal of hobo sacks

And I’ll add my personal, “Improvements to the Trait System” to the list

With the exception of maybe SAB, none of those are “content”, and all are completely within the realm of expectation. And when compared to the major face-changing-ness of the April pack… the September one just doesn’t hold as much gravitas. It isn’t that these changes aren’t requested, but they’re just aren’t nearly as noteworthy (at least, not 3-week announcement/hiatus-worthy)

(edited by Cross.6437)

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I agree. Other than the balance, there’s no reason for them to have held out on all the “hype-maker”. They should have just released it as another tuesday patch and seen the glorified confusion of all the people looking in wonder at the freshness of the game instead of releasing it bit by bit and having people smudge the shine off of it.

There are advantages to them giving us time for feedback, such as the Commander tags getting “fixed” and Mesmers sighs. But even those can be hotfixed, which would further reinforce that Anet reads the forums and addresses issues that are, well, issues.

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

I feel like I keep repeating this in different threads, but it’s worthwhile context: Lots of changes for leveling and the early game were apparently developed for the launch of the game in China, so most of the resources involved were going to be allocated anyway, regardless of whether we were going to get those features. Then it’s a question of leaving these already-designed features sitting on the table, or go ahead and integrate them into our version of the game.

I don’t have any special insight into how much work that integration took, but it seems practical to not let those developments go to waste.

While that’s certainly true, I never really knew that the Chinese version of the game was like that. I guess you could say I’m annoyed that they allocated resources to add that to the Chinese game more than I’m annoyed that they’re porting it over to our version. Seems like a complete waste from the word “go.”

Yeah, it would be a waste of development – but never should’ve been a development in the first place.

But I digress. I just felt leveling was easy enough without such thought put into an easier system. I felt like I wouldn’t know as much about the game as I do now had the leveling process been any easier, as well. It was something that allowed me to really be inquisitive and figure out what I was doing.

Sure, it was a bit complex – but I haven’t played a MMO yet where it wasn’t a tiny bit complex.

My #1 idea though, if you really want to nitpick, to make “leveling” easier…

…make the tutorial of the game like a situation where you have all class abilities available to you and make it a bit longer. That’s one thing I would’ve liked, being able to try out each class in a full manner without grinding to level 50-80 only to find out I didn’t like them that much. I know this is a problem with every MMO, but ANet could be the exception rather than the rule.

I also know PvP allows this (sort of) but the dummies are stationary and players are a bit more skilled than monsters.

(edited by Cuddy.6247)

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Some of us expected features.

This “feature” patch brings out some pretty nice QoL changes to be sure. I am certain people will agree to disagree on what’s good and what isn’t. Don’t get it twisted though, this isn’t a feature patch.

What do I mean by this? As an example: the Wardrobe was a feature. It revolutionized the way clothing/gear and dye was handled in the game. Adding minipets and finishers to the wardrobe is not a feature. It’s just a change to an existing game feature.

Adding new colors and a higher price tag to a commander tag is not a feature. Changing the crafting descriptions to note the requirements for each item is a very welcome change IMO but not something I could really consider a feature. It doesn’t in any way change the way we do anything or add anything new to the table.

That’s largely how I feel about most of these touted “features”. Is it nice to have Guild support across worlds? Sure…I like it. Others certainly wont though. I’m glad they’re finally getting around to fixing the dungeon instance issue two years later. These are fixes though….things most companies just do without hyping them as feature packs.

In fact, the only real features I’m seeing here are the changes to leveling…something that a lot in the community believe was already great. The rally system and weapon skills were simplified even more than they already are. One wonders who changes like this appeal to but then again….maybe it applies to folks like you?

And the UI Stuff is supper cool. No more searching for stuff for hours without end without being able to find it. No more “I ONLY NEED ONE MORE POI” searching he map for hours and hours and giving up… its just hit the button and run there.

If it takes you hours to find things in the wardrobe and will give up after hours of searching for a POI….this game may be a bit tough for you. You might wanna take it slow tying your shoes in the morning.

And no, you don’t get precursor market fixing. they announced that a long time ago… they fixed some unintended stuff about it, but said they were not going to do more about it. Frankly, that is a good thing. weather you like it or not we don’t need anymore legendary items out there.

Source? It’s spelled whether*. Maybe you don’t, I’d certainly like every legendary I can get. Thanks, you can do your thing though…. Just pass over the precursors you get and I’ll take care of em for ya.

Don’t expect fixes to thing that are working, and working well…

You must be new here.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Was Stated That the Silk thing was intended, otherwise not certain what you mean by this either.

No it wasn’t. What was given was an excuse that it’s the result of a ‘player driven economy’, which is a load bullcrap. It’s proven from observing millions of different accounts through the TP that they’re available 1/3rd as much as any other crafting material of the same tier because of how ANet allows them to be obtained, that is NOT by ANY definition player controlled.

That’s like the government passing a law that one clothing company can only produce 1/3rd of what its two competitors can, and then stating it’s a completely free consumer driven economy.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: TheDraco.3965

TheDraco.3965

Anet is the very essence of disappointment at this point. Deus Ex Invisible War, FF13, and Duke Nukem Forever combined dont match the level of disappointment I have with GW2.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Anet is the very essence of disappointment at this point. Deus Ex Invisible War, FF13, and Duke Nukem Forever combined dont match the level of disappointment I have with GW2.

Whoa, whoa, let’s not get carried away here. Duke Nukem Forever has a special place in disappointment hell, we can’t just use its name lightly without invoking some seriously bad mojo.

For GW2 to be as disappointing as Duke Nukem Forever, it would have to announce an awesome update is coming next week, wait four years, then release a patch that collates all the most boring, overused MMO designs in those four years and calls them “innovating”.

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

They couldnt even be bothered to fix the hobosacks… i mean a topic thats 1062 replies and 81838 views aswell since good 1 and a half year perma front page material (and to my knowledge also not really liked since the beta) in the engi forum that BEGS for a simple fix… a small kittening checkbox to hide it for one of the two classes a-net.. and i quote “could NOT ship the game without” (other is guardian if you wanna know).

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Yeah, I also had high hopes that week three would redeem the underwhelming week 1 and 2. Day one offers me nothing that is useful to me, I mean having my mini more conveniently available is nice, I suppose, but not anything I actually care about. The day two and three changes might be good (or equally might be horrible like profession drops and the leveling changes), but there’s nothing they could do to either system that would be good enough to make up for the other lackluster updates.

That means that nothing about this who series of hype has been anywhere near worth it. They should have just dumped it all as patch notes and walked away, or better yet talked to us about it all months before implementation, so we could talk them down off the cliff on some of the more disastrous changes they’ll be making.

Overall it’s just not good enough, not remotely good enough.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Simzani.4318

Simzani.4318

Still no feature in the feature pack, only two days left. With a LS team that make less and less updates and take more and more break ; and a fix patch that combine the china client and less work to do for a solo dev on 6 months, is anet reduced to a 10-man dev team ? That’s sad. I’d like them to tell us on what they are working atm, not posting for telling nothing and keep their toxic “policy”.

Posted by: guardian.6489

guardian.6489

There’s one silver lining in all this.

While this is less substantial then the first feature back, it’s also not gonna break anything this time and fix some of the issues of the last feature patch.

We’re still complaining about Mega-servers and trait changes now since those introduced such huge problems.

Retired Leader of TTS

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Pretty sure people wanted an ‘equipment’ slot for minis. Once bored or for holidays – equip another. Once totally tired of the mini sell it. You do know you have to destroy the mini to put it in the slots off of the character screen right? No more rent or lease a mini unless you keep in bags (as you do now) or keep in normal bank slot (not collection).

It is more convenient for the account bound minis though….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

There’s one silver lining in all this.

While this is less substantial then the first feature back, it’s also not gonna break anything this time and fix some of the issues of the last feature patch.

We’re still complaining about Mega-servers and trait changes now since those introduced such huge problems.

Correct – because it is the china port. They were the guinea pigs.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Posted by: NinjaRobot.4635

NinjaRobot.4635

Just a FYI. Feature packs should have features. Fix the precursor garbage.

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

Yeah i must say even though in 90% time i defend this game and developers…..this patch SUX.It was waste of time and no1 cares for any of this features.I hope Season 2 LS starts soon cause that 1 ep will be best update that this game had for past month.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Yeah i must say even though in 90% time i defend this game and developers…..this patch SUX.It was waste of time and no1 cares for any of this features.I hope Season 2 LS starts soon cause that 1 ep will be best update that this game had for past month.

I don’t think you can say no one cares about these features. Different groups of people care about different features, but I’m pretty sure working on the client and server side graphics to make big events run smoother benefits everyone.

And plenty of people like the crafting changes and the minipet change. And some like the account bound commander tags and the colors. It’s very hard to say no one likes these changes.

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

“Yet another set of back pieces.”
Because the way it’s implemented this is imho a good thing while only a start. It makes crafting a little more fun. Hopefully we will see them putting more fun items in crafting in stead of having crafting a boring grind to level 400 or 500 where then people can make what they really want.

In the bad you also forget that maybe key-farming will go away. Something that has become a game-play element by itself where people try to optimize there low level character as much as possible.

Ohoni.6057

The second pack is on track to break a lot more than the first one did. It’s ruining the early part of the game for new players, which means we’ll get less of those around, the Profession Loot will ghettoize non-cloth classes, and who knows what else will come up. So far as I can remember, the first feature pack only ruined the trait system, and only for sub-80 characters.

done by now.”

Posted by: Kartel.2561

Kartel.2561

I’m disappointed in this patch. Most of the so-called “features” are not even new things, just tweaks to existing features. Welcome tweaks mind you. I’m not opposed to anything in the patch. I generally welcome it. Not sure about the leveling stuff, but I don’t feel strongly about it either way.

I don’t care about minis at all, but I acknowledge that is at least something people have been asking for. So kudos on that. But aside from that, for the most part, it’s a bunch of stuff nobody was asking for just like last time and it still lacks what we have been asking for (and asking a heck of a lot more than I’ve seen minis come up).

Next up is collections and trading? I’m sure those will also bring welcome improvements, but they sure don’t sound like anything we’ve been seeing threads about every week. I hope the trading will involve more useful search options on the TP or a 1-to-1 trade feature. If it’s not one of those, I can’t image what it would be since it wouldn’t be anything we’ve asked for that I’m aware of.

Look, I appreciate the changes. I appreciated the megaserver and wardrobe last time. For the most part I see everything in these feature packs as good improvements to the game (Like, sure that seems ok. That could be nice I guess).

But here’s the thing, speaking only for myself here ..everything in both these feature packs, while they seem fine to me, they were also extremely low priorities for me or often not even on my radar at all.

The things that I care most about still to this day remain unaddressed and clearly none are getting addressed in what remains of this patch. As time goes by it becomes more and more apparent that my priorities and those of Anet are really not on the same page.

This company I’ve “hired” doesn’t seem to actually understand me, or otherwise just doesn’t care what I want or value me as a customer/client. What they deliver to me is only a small trickle of content/features given the amount of time they’ve had, and what that trickle contains is very rarely what has even been requested. Is that supposed to inspire confidence in the future of this customer-business relationship?

I thank Anet for the patch and look forward to experiencing it. But more out of desperation for anything new than actually being impressed or amazed. I hope someday you’ll actually care about players like me and really blow us away. But the things you do and things you refuse to talk about don’t give me much reason to think you will.

Guild: Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Server: Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

Seriously… what did you expect? its a feature pack…

I have expected nothing but hoped for a pack of features. When they announced, they will be doing three weeks with blog posts to explain all this new cool features, I was assuming that there will be a lot features.

When the blog posts came, they were kind of a anti-climax. They did not have enough real features to fill the blog posts every day so they have to put things in there that are no features (like the wvw tournament) or are not part of this feature pack (like the language chat filter).

It would maybe have been better if the feature pack announcements would have been condensed to three blog posts instead of three weeks with blogs posts.

Greetings.

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

Pretty sure post 6 is just a forum troll; best not to feed the trolls.

This is a good post by the OP imo. Lists are always a quick and easy way to see all of the wonderful changes we’re getting to our game. I’m pretty excited for the class changes along with the pvp armor / WvW tourney, but the rest is quite underwhelming. Personally, this feels less like material needed in a feature patch and more like stuff they should have been trickling into the game over time like while working on developing real content.

Maybe if they are working on real content, it would be better for them to announce small fractions of info to get people hyped instead of releasing game adjustments as new content while occasionally saying they’re always working on new content without anything to show for it. This is just my opinion on the matter.

Golden shackles are still golden.

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I’m mostly a WvW player so I’ll limit my one comment to that.

Is that it? Seriously?

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Posted by: Nikku.3562

Nikku.3562

Personally, this feels less like material needed in a feature patch and more like stuff they should have been trickling into the game over time like while working on developing real content.

My thoughts exactly. The improvements for new players I can’t really speak to, because, well, I’m not. But the rest of this feature patch feels like the scrapings of five or six regular patches all packaged together. I would gladly give up every part of it for a single red forum post saying ‘Hey guys, we’ve started working on fixing the zerker meta, give us six months!’ or ‘Comprehensive profession bugfix patch coming your way this Christmas!’

Founder of Agenda [GNDA] – an LGBT-friendly guild

Ohoni.6057

Well, week 3, strike 2. . .

done by now.”

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

“Overall, the update is more good than bad, but probably not 3-week-announcement worthy. That said, these next 2 days may hold surprises…”

This.

Things I’m most interested in are really the account bound tag functionality, promises of better engine optimisation, fix to the instance owner mechanic, a Cleave weapon on the Necro at last and the adrenaline nerf wiping out Sniper Warrior functionality. Much better than a normal patch, but not exactly worth 3 weeks of hype. 1 week of hype, maybe.

ricky markham.8173

the trading improvement better be bigger then sliced bread for this patch to have any worth to me but it probably wont because im one of those people unless they drop the tp tax then anything else is for naught. and it looks like thats the last one

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Some of these changes are good, but these sorts of changes should be released alongside content patches. Releasing them separate from content updates make it look less interesting.

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

I’m half expecting there to be daily sell limits on the TP like the chinese version given all the other changes that were made for the chinese client have been announced to be rolled into our client.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Two more days. Hoping one of those days has salvaging restrictions on karma/badge/order gear lifted.

And while I’m hoping for the improbable, I also hope a dufflebag full of untraceable money shows up at my doorstep.

Posted by: Solomon Darkfury.3729

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Today we got some UI shuffling for minis and finishers… Meh. Not breaking anything afaik, but underwhelming.

And the other announcements this week are “collections” and “trading”. They’ve already announced some small crafting changes, so maybe there will be other UI changes to collections tab. Trading will be AT BEST 1:1 secure trading and changes to the TP (armor type filter, etc).

So with that, we have an end to the feature pack. Lets run down the features again, shall we?

The Good:

Short 4-week WvW tourney. Pretty cool.

Account-bound color-coded commander tags. Ok I guess.

Balance changes- some good, some bad.

Fixing mega servers- right on.

No more dungeon owners- no more d/c restarts.

Crafting UI improvements.

MAYBE trading post improvements.

The Meh:

UI shuffles that don’t do much.

Leveling weapons.

Yet another set of back pieces.

Another wvw trap no one will use.

The Bad:

Balance changes (again, some good, some bad).

New leveling system nobody asked for- no downed state until level 5? Really?

Profession loot- more useable loot is a GOOD goal, but this is not the way. (All classes are equal, but some are more equal than others…)

-removal of hobo sacks

Overall, the update is more good than bad, but probably not 3-week-announcement worthy. That said, these next 2 days may hold surprises…

Clearly you have never even set foot in WvW…

Let me clarify some things…

1) For the hardcore WvW people 4 weeks is OK but the lack of lockout for current matchup is APALLING and will cause RAMPANT cheating… Anet knows this and doesn’t care because they want to drive gem sales for server transfers…

2) The colored commander tags are a GODSEND and something we have been asking for for TWO YEARS… so no, they are not just… ok…

3) The trap is STUPIDLY overpowered and will see MASSIVE usage… A trap that acts like a grenade WITH A RANGE OF 1200 and with an AOE of 400 that shuts down a Golem for 20 seconds and other seige for 45? LOL you can MELT a golem in that time and 45 seconds of rams being disabled allows a defensive zerg to show up and slaughter people… To sit there and say it won’t get used is borderline idiotic and a testament to your lack of knowledge

4) You didn’t even mention Golem Mastery. Golems explode, eject you safely causing knockback and stun AOE on all enemies around and you are stealthed and invulnerable? TROLOLOLOL ALL of my toons have points WAITING to max this tree out lol

All in all no offense but I take your post with a grain of salt

(edited by Solomon Darkfury.3729)

Ohoni.6057

Whelp. Week three’s over. Nothing major. The TP changes sound interesting, but nothing game changing. There’s no built in average or over time trackers or anything so third party sites will still be important. So three weeks, a handful of decent tweaks, a handful of horrible nerfs, absolutely nothing that was super exciting, and most of the positive changes stuff that really should have been in game a year ago.

Whee, year 3, here we come.

done by now.”

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Whelp. Week three’s over. Nothing major. The TP changes sound interesting, but nothing game changing. There’s no built in average or over time trackers or anything so third party sites will still be important. So three weeks, a handful of decent tweaks, a handful of horrible nerfs, absolutely nothing that was super exciting, and most of the positive changes stuff that really should have been in game a year ago.

Way to see the glass half empty. I’ve seen a lot of people excited about a lot of the features. Perhaps you’re unhappy that something you wanted wasn’t announced? Or just have been talking down this feature patch for so long you wouldn’t back down now?

Lots of needed tweaks and updates. Doesn’t matter how long ago they should have been in the game (in your opinion), they’re here now, and you should at least try to be grateful.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Naturally you have a right to your opinion, but I think the improved performance in big battles, overdue or not, could very well be game changing for some people.

And of course crafters and collectors will be happy.

Actually I think there’s plenty in this patch. It’s nothing major in and of itself, but it fills in a lot of gaps. Strengthening the core is probably more important at this point and than single big feature…in my opinion of course.

ricky markham.8173

its a good patch a lot of much needed id say a few things i’m worried about wont be that great. commander tags for one i think is great. improvements in the trading ui is great. ui optimization is great but the rest doesn’t seem that good to me and really doesn’t mater to me.

last patch had a lot more wow for me that why im not so excited for this one. it had wardrobe and megaservers which i think i like both of those a lot.
me for one wish they would have given 6(maybe 7) colors instead of 4 mainly for teq there sems to be 6 group associated with that event but 4 a great improvement.

a lot in this patch might be better after how i see how they are going to work