I just opened 13985 bags

I just opened 13985 bags

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Osteg.8915

Osteg.8915

I farmed them all in Silverwastes in 6 weeks.
I created a blog where I posted all the data:
http://anqeena.blogspot.com/

Enjoy!

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: Ramza.9421

Ramza.9421

Hope your mouse is still doing fine.

Btw, how many hours a day you farm in Silverwastes?

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: Elegy.2159

Elegy.2159

Thanks for the data!

I’m sorry about your (presumed) carpal tunnel syndrome!

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

must have been super fun to open it all, but I’m sorry if you ran into “you’re selling too much” stop on the trade post

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

You lost so much money sadly….

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Copy & paste for those of us that *.blogspot.com is blocked for?

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

The people on Reddit and the wiki that do droprate research might be interested in this.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

11,800 bags … 1 Ascended … Yeah, there’s a chance… 8.475e-5
love that rng

Thanks for the data.

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

inb4 “sample size too small.”

edit Personally I think it’s great that we have this data now. Just.. some will still complain.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

(edited by Neural.1824)

I just opened 13985 bags

Osteg.8915

I was farming 2 – 8 hours a day. It was fun not to open them only, but to farm as well I’m sure I’m not leaving the map soon (btw my friends told me already there are more than one map in this game!).
I didn’t want to risk so I used my old mouse, and yes, it’s still doing fine!

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

Ty so much for posting this data! Disappointing as expected -1 ascended in almost 12k bags – fun times, ouch.

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

And they say GW2 drops never give you anything. I mean look at that data this clearly means that… No wait, that is without a doubt the worst drops any game has ever had.
Anet you should be ashamed with the loot.

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Did I read the blog right? Out of over 11,000 bags, you only got 58 exotics?

2/1/2015: this post was stealth changed by a moderator and had content removed.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

(edited by Neural.1824)

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

You all still like the TP and real money AH now? Enjoy these pathetic drop rates? I remember when Diablo 3 was like this. You know before they removed the real money AH and raised the drop rates. Now Diablo 3 is a very popular. Huh, what a coincidence.

I’m sure everyone enjoys playing a game for years though and never seeing a single high value drop though right? I know I don’t but hey I must be the weird one.

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Woah.

I tried getting thirst slayer, but I had to give up before my hands fell off.

Without something like auto-opening and other hand health features that must have been literally a pain.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

You all still like the TP and real money AH now? Enjoy these pathetic drop rates? I remember when Diablo 3 was like this. You know before they removed the real money AH and raised the drop rates. Now Diablo 3 is a very popular. Huh, what a coincidence.

I’m sure everyone enjoys playing a game for years though and never seeing a single high value drop though right? I know I don’t but hey I must be the weird one.

Man I remember that, and I thought no game could ever be as bad as vanilla diablo 3. And now there is gw2, and no game can take its no-loot-crown.

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: Varrg.2704

Varrg.2704

b-but what about playing just for playing? b-but you are supposed to just play this game and expect nothing from it, j-just the good feeling from playing! You are supposed to spend your money on game store, you are NOT supposed to have fun in game!

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Press Shift+Alt+NumLock to enable mouse keys
Double Click using Num +
Profit

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Low drop rates encourage people to use gem store.
The sales would go down if you could “easily” get better looking weapon/armor skins in game.

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

What makes me sad the most is that insanely awful lodestone drop. Literally impossible to gather 100 of those without buying them unless you want to spend 11 years farming them.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: Maxwell.7843

Maxwell.7843

How many hours did it take to open them all and sort everything out?

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

What makes me sad the most is that insanely awful lodestone drop. Literally impossible to gather 100 of those without buying them unless you want to spend 11 years farming them.

I got 8 from running CoE daily and Fractals for a few weeks, but yeah, they don’t drop a lot :|

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

The sales would go down if you could “easily” get better looking weapon/armor skins in game.

…if there would be like 10 times the amount of skins in the gem store and branch out into more designs id agree…

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: aop.6052

aop.6052

Those drops are horrible. It seems they have stealth nerfed the item drops from champ bags. Back in the good old FGS champ train days I used to get 1-3 exos from every 100 bags. Now I was wondering why I’m not getting any despite opening hundreds of bags from SW farming and your data seems to point towards significant nerf in drop rates. Also the Tier 6 mats seem to be much rarer than during FGS time.

You can make much more money by running instances or farming skelks and barracudas at Southsun cove.

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: Takayuki.7485

Takayuki.7485

Awesome data. Thanks for posting this.

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

Seeing the amount of bags opened really just makes me shake my head in disappointment with this games loot system. I really hate the concept of bags.

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

Those drops are horrible. It seems they have stealth nerfed the item drops from champ bags. Back in the good old FGS champ train days I used to get 1-3 exos from every 100 bags. Now I was wondering why I’m not getting any despite opening hundreds of bags from SW farming and your data seems to point towards significant nerf in drop rates. Also the Tier 6 mats seem to be much rarer than during FGS time.

You can make much more money by running instances or farming skelks and barracudas at Southsun cove.

Mhm – remember when the average silver per bag was 4-5 silver? Those were the days

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

The droprates from those bags are kinda messed up lol, really discouraging

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: dace.8019

dace.8019

My droprate is one bomb per evening, and here it is:

This game is so not about the loot.

kaBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: naiasonod.9265

naiasonod.9265

Anything we can deterministically acquire by farming, they nerf straight to hell. By making it unrealistically difficult for the most intensely dedicated farmers to effectively farm anything, they remove all point and purpose for anything less than a dedicated farmer to even try.

Why bother even trying to farm for anything when everything is balanced around making the dedicated farmers work doubletime for ever-reduced payoffs?

One is only the smartest person in the room if they are alone.

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

My droprate is one bomb per evening, and here it is:

This game is so not about the loot.

kaBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

no..it kinda is

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: Jonii.6285

Jonii.6285

I’m a casual player who gets to log in during winter and summer between work and school and everything else. I’ve been working towards a legendary and feeling pretty good about it, just needing the precursor and the T6 mats… And this is a little discouraging. I guess I need to work for gold then.

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Only one Ascended chest out of 11,800 Champion bags. O.o Just goes to show how rare they are. (Although, I didn’t know they could actually drop from Champ bags! Unless that was from a lucky kill.)

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

If you ever wonder why the results are so poor, consider just how many bags he was collecting per hour- even assuming 8 hours farming every single one of those days in the six weeks, it’s over 41 bags per hour, or one every 1.5 MINUTES. If he averaged 4 hours every day, then you are up to one bag every 45 seconds.

When you can farm this many bags it’s no wonder the actual loot will be nerfed to hell.

Don’t blame Anet, blame the farmers for forcing ANet to nerf drop rates in order to preserve the economy. It’s a shame that rampant farmers so badly affect the more casual players, maybe they should look at ways to nerf drops just for the farmers or put a hard cap on the number of bags you can get per hour/day.

Anyone work out the total gold value of all the drops (including the X silver per bag?)..doesn’t seem such a bad return.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

On the other hand, consider that all that farming is ALSO boosting supply of basic, fine and rare mats, which helps make it cheaper for players to obtain the rare skins and items they want. (In fact, the decline of Silk prices in recent months is almost directly tied to Silverwastes throwing out blue/green items like confetti. Remember all those players complaining about how expensive Damask was? Well, ANet DID listen. This is their solution!) This might even be an intentional move by ANet, considering that HoT will introduce Precursor scavenger hunts, and thus a lot more demand for T6 mats for Legendaries.

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

Honestly I just think they have horrible RNG luck. I have gotten half that many bags in the last few weeks and almost as many Exotics. I’ve got Arcs coming out of my ears =D

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

I’m sorry, Paradox, but for an RNG system to be functioning correctly 11,000+ bags should take ‘luck’ out of the equation. Most polls during elections or surveys have sample sizes smaller than that and generally show an accurate picture of the populaces thoughts when the actual voting days come around.

Also your perceived ‘better’ luck is word of mouth, collect 5.5k bags again and record the drop rates. The OP actually analyzed his sample set, saying you think you’ve only opened half as many to get the same amount of exotics means nothing. For all you know you opened 11k bags too, but didn’t count to make sure.

On a side not, even 58 exotics in 5.5k bags is discouragingly low since that puts it at .1 percent chance so you need to- in theory- open at least 1000 champion bags to get 1 exotic which could be any number of hundreds of exotics, thus throwing the chance for a precursor down the toilet to closer to .0005% chance at a precursor meaning you need to open over 10,000 champ bags to get a precursor. I’m inclined to believe the OP’s numbers.

(edited by Kentaine.4692)

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

I’ve stopped chest farming already. The bandit bags seem to be worse than the seed pouches.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Only one Ascended chest out of 11,800 Champion bags. O.o Just goes to show how rare they are. (Although, I didn’t know they could actually drop from Champ bags! Unless that was from a lucky kill.)

They can, I got a Leftpaw box out of a champ bag from a bandit chest. I was manning Amber’s walls and someone dug it up below me so I hopped down on a whim.

My bags opened must be far less than the OP’s, given that even when gung ho going for mordrem parts and chest boxes I still did at most 3 defend/breach/vinewrath cycles in a day (I didn’t map hop, I stuck it out). So around 30 bags a day at most?

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: nikdik.1934

nikdik.1934

At least you can buy Ascended gear on the trading post right?

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

At least you can buy Ascended gear on the trading post right?

nope, you cant. You can buy trinkets, rings and necklaces with laurels or fractal relics…but armor…gotta make that yourself or find a chest

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

I’d say everything is working as intended. Farming that area is already rewarding enough by giving you gold in form of crafting materials and rares (or ectos if you salvage them). Ascended chests should have a much higher chance of dropping in more challenging content (like fractals lvl 50).

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: naiasonod.9265

naiasonod.9265

I’d say everything is working as intended. Farming that area is already rewarding enough by giving you gold in form of crafting materials and rares (or ectos if you salvage them). Ascended chests should have a much higher chance of dropping in more challenging content (like fractals lvl 50).

WAI != sensible

Doesn’t have any necessary correlation to something being any fun at all either. As it presently stands, drop rates on a lot of things are mathematical comedies, with the only time-effective recourse for anything that can be bought being to buy it off the tp.

Let’s just ignore elephant in the room to do with how profitable it is for Anet to make gold hard to farm in the quantities anything truly desirable goes for, because some here will sorrowfully declare such to beer Isidro’s that Anet works so anything to foster gem to gold conversion and make money hand over dust selling nothing but transient ones and zeroes for real currency – let’s just set that entire explanation for why Anet loves to foster an environment in which farming is pointless aside, despite the fact that it explains everything quite entirely and we’d need look no further at all to understand very plausible reasons for every single thing Anet had ever done to farming in this game at all.

My common symptom of that businesses are it to make money and will very typically make choices that they expect will grow their profits is rarely a popular one amongst gaming community members that deliriously believe that these companies are their friends or have some sort of higher purpose and nobler calling than ‘people in any other business’

Let’s set that aside and look at what’s left for particle explanations, because I can’t think of any that aren’t more stretched than their need to be or more payphone if facts we do not have.

We know for a fact that Anet is a business.

We know for a fact that they are for profit and not done sort of charity.

We know for a fact that they sell gems that can immediately thence be spent on many things, but can also be converted into gold.

With these three facts alone, without requiring even the safest of assumptions, one would have a very sound basis to presume that Anet would be wanting to make a fiscal profit off selling gems.

One would be utterly faultless in talking these facts and assuming that if these facts are indeed factual, several other things are likely to logically follow, such as that Anet will this have strong incentive to maker or way and very effective to works real money on gems and acquire more gold for the equivalent of one hour’s worth of minimum wage pay than they could ever earn by farming anything in the game for that same equivalent hour.

The value simply isn’t there for farming. And I laugh with mocking pity at those that think it’s free to farm tour gold even if it’s a lot slower than any other method of acquisition, including even mediocre skill at dedicated flipping and marketeering.

For over hour’s worth of my salaried time, which is roughly $17.50/hour, 24/7/365, I could buy as of the time of this posting one $15 gem card for most of an hour’s worth of my employed time. That’s 1200 gems.

To buy 1200 gems with gold at this moment, I would have to spend 187g 20s.

To convert those 1200 gems to gold, I would make almost an even 120g.

There is nothing you, I or anyone can do to make anything resembling a consistent 120g an hour. Not even the most successful tp flipping a single person could get up to will yield profits that substantive.

Farming? You’re never going to make 120g a hour farming anything. You will, very typically, spend many hours to earn a fraction of that much gold. If you can reliably make 3-6g per hour if farming anything, you’re doing OK.

Anet has powerful incentive to make farming minimally lucrative. Compared to covering gems to gold, is absolutely trivial when eating the value of farming in game versus the buying power of a single hour’s worth of minimum wage real money expenditure.

And for those of us making far more than minimum wage, with way more likelihood of having $15 to spare than 15 hours spent numbingly farming?

It’s all economics. And Anet has no incentive at all to make farming even remotely competitive with the value coefficient of gem to gold conversion.

One is only the smartest person in the room if they are alone.

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

What real money AH are you talking about? I wasn’t aware I could sell my stuff in GW2 to earn real money. Can you elaborate how do you do it?

Also, getting full exotic gear in GW2 is such a grind, right?

And yeah you’re the weird one expecting to have BiS gear within a month in an MMO.

One – Piken Square

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

You make it sound like it’s a bad thing the company developing the game would earn some money.

One – Piken Square

I just opened 13985 bags

Osteg.8915

I spent over 10 hours on opening them all.

You guys are speculating if it is still worth to farm the bags. Before I opened them, I had had around 200g (had earned almost 300g and had got over 500 globs of ectoplasm in these 6 weeks without opening a single bag). Now I’ve got nearly 1300g thanks to the bags – and I still didn’t sell t6 materials, half of the globs and most of the cores and lodestones. IMO this is a good profit for 6 weeks.

It’s hard to say how many bags per hour I farmed because it depends on how I was farming. I’m not sure how many I get from doing Vinewrath twice a day, I farmed tons of bandit chests though and with a good group I’m able to open 100 of them per hour.

As a farmer I can say: there might be better way to farm gold, but I find chestfarm extremely fun to do. It’s just one more way to play the game.

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

If you ever wonder why the results are so poor, consider just how many bags he was collecting per hour- even assuming 8 hours farming every single one of those days in the six weeks, it’s over 41 bags per hour, or one every 1.5 MINUTES. If he averaged 4 hours every day, then you are up to one bag every 45 seconds.

When you can farm this many bags it’s no wonder the actual loot will be nerfed to hell.

Don’t blame Anet, blame the farmers for forcing ANet to nerf drop rates in order to preserve the economy. It’s a shame that rampant farmers so badly affect the more casual players, maybe they should look at ways to nerf drops just for the farmers or put a hard cap on the number of bags you can get per hour/day.

Anyone work out the total gold value of all the drops (including the X silver per bag?)..doesn’t seem such a bad return.

But you can make 12g per hour doing dungeons, 10g with pugs (this is just raw gold, not counting champ bags or tokens, in night of dungeons after 2 hours sometimes Im 25g other times Im at about 40g with lucky drops).

Is 41 champs bags worth 10g I dont think so.

SAB or RIOT

I just opened 13985 bags

Faux.1937

I spent over 10 hours on opening them all.

You guys are speculating if it is still worth to farm the bags. Before I opened them, I had had around 200g (had earned almost 300g and had got over 500 globs of ectoplasm in these 6 weeks without opening a single bag). Now I’ve got nearly 1300g thanks to the bags – and I still didn’t sell t6 materials, half of the globs and most of the cores and lodestones. IMO this is a good profit for 6 weeks.

It’s hard to say how many bags per hour I farmed because it depends on how I was farming. I’m not sure how many I get from doing Vinewrath twice a day, I farmed tons of bandit chests though and with a good group I’m able to open 100 of them per hour.

As a farmer I can say: there might be better way to farm gold, but I find chestfarm extremely fun to do. It’s just one more way to play the game.

2-8 hours a day, I will assume you took 2 days off.

5hrs per day average, 5 days a week for 6 weeks (30days) would be 150 hrs

You say you made about 1100g profit (You said you was at 200g and now your close to 1300g).

You made 7.3g per hour

Its not the fastest way to get gold, but If you are having fun then it is the best way

SAB or RIOT

(edited by Faux.1937)

I just opened 13985 bags

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

1 ascended and 58 exotics and still anet dithers on the RNG thread. Most unrewarding western mmo ever.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

I just opened 13985 bags

Faux.1937

1 ascended and 58 exotics and still anet dithers on the RNG thread. Most unrewarding western mmo ever.

The game is gold based tho… he made 1100g.

he can buy full sets of ascended armor.

SAB or RIOT