I love Guild Wars 2, but am saddened.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kam.4092

Kam.4092

I love my Asura. I love the world. I love Guardian animations. For the most part I love my armor, but a recent bug made me switch that made me sad a bit.

I love Fractals, and dungeons. I really love the lore, and settings.

I just simply love a lot about the game, but sometimes I just feel a sort of neglect like feeling at times. As of lately it seems staff are more quiet than ever on the forums. I don’t remember it ever being this bad.

Being someone that cares a lot about people, I hate seeing people upset, or sad, etc. The expansion seems to have let a lot of people down, which I understand, but no devs or staff have really come out with answers to our cries. This just feels like neglect, and it hurts honestly.

I don’t really have anything else to say. I’m just wondering if anyone else feels the same?

:/

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I’m just wondering if anyone else feels the same?

I don’t. Just saying.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

(edited by zenleto.6179)

Posted by: Mushuchalaka.9437

Mushuchalaka.9437

I actually like the expansion and like the direction its going.

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

Except for your failed posts in the thread about how “Greedy” Anet is? lol. Way to be hypocritical.

@OP: Check the Dev Post part of the Forums, or the “Reddit Dev Posts” Thread here for communication form Devs. They are busy working on stuff. I am sorry you are feeling saddened about it! I don’t feel that way, I love Guild Wars 2 more than ever right now plenty of things to do and I’m excited for the next raid wing to come out soon.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Posted by: Andulias.9516

Andulias.9516

I also like the expansion. So what, they should come out and say that they messed up, so now WE, the people who liked it, would feel neglected?

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

Maybe go watch Guild chat, where the devs talk about the game.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I liked the expansion but I think there’s room for improvement. It doesn’t have to be one or the other.

Posted by: OtterPaws.2036

OtterPaws.2036

Cant say Ive experienced much stuff before the expansion, but i enjoy it.

Well, aside from 3/4ths of the jungle.

~Hart Warband~
Levi Ironhart, Cassandra Irehart, Lucio Trothart
Discord Gearhart, Naevius Soulhart, Frisk Softhart

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

A game should never make you sad, m8.

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

I’m just wondering if anyone else feels the same?

:/

I found my way into this game a year ago after giving up on WoW, and was delighted at how much different this game was from other MMO’s.

That said, I really hate HoT and the direction they seem to be headed now.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I like the game and I like HoT very much. I don’t believe its all sugar and flowers, though. There are a lot of problems and choices to solve and talk about.

I DO think the devs should answer questions and complains way more often, in a proffessional, official way, in the official forum, NOT in reddit.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Piejoe.7268

Piejoe.7268

I am getting the impression that A-net is in desperate need of money. Spamming the gemstore with obnoxiously over the top cosmetics and spamming your inventory with fluffed up, but useless loot forcing you to buy all the inventory and bank upgrades.
Why else would A-net resort to this other than pure greed?

Both are ruining my gaming experience. The first is causing screen pollution and the second is causing inventory crisis every 2 minutes, annoying the crap out of everybody.

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

What exactly was the bug that made you so sad?

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: rozer.8042

rozer.8042

i’m sad about the direction taken this game …. i log in every day for daily and log out ….

Posted by: rozer.8042

rozer.8042

so anet permit to talk only about how cool is the next 10 $ glider? … no thx

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Not a lot left in GW2 for me to play for. WvW is going the way of the dinosaur and there’s been little to no response from the dev team except “Soon™”

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

The expansion and the whole change in direction the game took drove me
away from the game. Haven’t played now since 20th december beside logging in
for the daily bonus.

My guild also has more or less died it seems.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

I am getting the impression that A-net is in desperate need of money. Spamming the gemstore with obnoxiously over the top cosmetics and spamming your inventory with fluffed up, but useless loot forcing you to buy all the inventory and bank upgrades.

Your statement above is wacko. Why is it either desperation or greed for any company to make money?

ANet isn’t an altruistic non-profit organization for the health and well being of computer gamers everywhere.

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

definitely don’t like the direction the game has gone and find it kinda embarrassing how little communication there is about player concerns and issues on the OFFICIAL FORUM.

I only wvw so, needless to say, I don’t play as much since the intro of the new maps but regardless of the game mode played its a shame how the expansion has been handled and the number of hooks they place in all game modes to buy it.

Piejoe.7268

Your statement above is wacko. Why is it either desperation or greed for any company to make money?

ANet isn’t an altruistic non-profit organization for the health and well being of computer gamers everywhere.

Because this shows that they have no intention of preserving the longevity of this game. They use wings and other over the top cosmetics as quick cashgrabs, but in the long run this hurts the game. Do you want to play a game where everyone and his pet runs around in obnoxious wings and leaves behind particle effects everywhere? I can play MapleStory or any random generic F2P mmo if I want to be surrounded by obnoxious stuff. If they made decent stuff for the gemstore, it would be less polarizing, causing less people to leave the game and I might actually even be interested in buying some cosmetics.

I know Anet created inconvenience to sell convenience, limiting space and increasing the different types of loot and keys, and I’m heavily against abusing annoyance to make money, so I refuse to spend money on these ‘convenience’ upgrades, especially if they’re overpriced. So this leads to a massive gold grind just to buy storage upgrades and such before I can start fully enjoying the game, leaving me burned out already.

I did not buy the base game and the expansion just to run into soft paywalls.
I want to spend money on something that I WANT to spend money on, not because out of necessity because of artificial paywalls. By comparison, I DO spend money on skins in League of Legends because some of them are just so brilliantly done, but here I haven’t seen a single item in the gemstore that I want.

At this point I prefer p2p models much more thanks to A-net and I am about to switch to FFXIV. It’s just that A-net’s design flaws and business model that bring me more annoyance than joy.

(edited by Piejoe.7268)

jheryn.8390

Because this shows that they have no intention of preserving the longevity of this game. They use wings and other over the top cosmetics as quick cashgrabs, but in the long run this hurts the game.

What…..? Um. No. It shows nothing of the sort.

Do you want to play a game where everyone and his pet runs around in obnoxious wings and leaves behind particle effects everywhere? I can play MapleStory or any random generic F2P mmo if I want to be surrounded by obnoxious stuff. If they made decent stuff for the gemstore, it would be less polarizing, causing less people to leave the game and I might actually even be interested in buying some cosmetics.

There are many people who actually like the things you are complaining about. This is evidenced by all the people buying them. They don’t bother me. So your opinion of them being “not decent” is subjective.

I know Anet created inconvenience to sell convenience, limiting space and increasing the different types of loot and keys, and I’m heavily against abusing annoyance to make money, so I refuse to spend money on these ‘convenience’ upgrades, especially if they’re overpriced. So this leads to a massive gold grind just to buy storage upgrades and such before I can start fully enjoying the game, leaving me burned out already.

Then don’t spend money on them. And “overpriced” is subjective. If storage is what keeps you from fully enjoying the game… Well, there are no words.

I did not buy the base game and the expansion just run into soft paywalls.
I want to spend money on something that I WANT to spend money on, not because out of necessity because of artificial paywalls. I actually spend money on skins in LoL because some of them are just so brilliantly done, but here I haven’t seen a single item in the gemstore that I want.

Again, then don’t buy what is there. Many people WANT what they sell and obviously have no problem with what is offered. And they must do pretty well with them because they constantly offer the same types of things and they keep selling.

At this point I prefer p2p models much more thanks to A-net and I am about to switch to FFXIV. It’s just that A-net’s design flaws and business model that bring me more annoyance than joy.

Well if you are truly as unhappy as you seem to be, maybe that is your best option. Don’t let the door…

Posted by: Silvatar.5379

Silvatar.5379

Been here since day 1, and still enjoying the game. Is it perfect? No, but there are so many incredible things about the game that deserve recognition that it is hard to know where to even begin.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I’m stuck being the only one in my circle of friends who plays GW2 because how much of a mess updates and patches always are, how long it takes them to fix stuff, horrible and slow PvP balance (from the one who exclusively only played Spvp constantly), lack of actually good cosmetics and diversity (one friend is driven crazy that his Charr gets no female armor ;s (Also; my personal hatred for male coat/skirtfest)), dungeons being murdered, WvW neglect, and general grind and lack of obvious stuff to do. :[
I can’t really argue either because even though I love the game I guess it’s all true and I just have a higher tolerance. That and I guess I’m the only one who actually likes finishing achievements, which is pretty much the outline of PvE activity.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

I’m back to running dungeons again now that I find HoT meta events tiresome (and I have my Hope/Nevermore). I always enjoyed their so called “failed” content more than the stuff they have added with HoT.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Posted by: Raxzor.5946

Raxzor.5946

Your not the only one who is sad. Go to the GW2 sub reddit and read the what people think of the latest gemstore update. It is almost as if the devs have been told that the game is crashing & burning and to milk the player base as much as they can. Anet it seems have lost their way!

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

As of lately it seems staff are more quiet than ever on the forums. I don’t remember it ever being this bad.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/devtracker
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/

Evidence suggests that staff are just as quiet (or as noisy) as they ever have been.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Piejoe.7268

There are many people who actually like the things you are complaining about. This is evidenced by all the people buying them. They don’t bother me. So your opinion of them being “not decent” is subjective.

Again, then don’t buy what is there. Many people WANT what they sell and obviously have no problem with what is offered. And they must do pretty well with them because they constantly offer the same types of things and they keep selling.

It may be subjective, but I’m not alone in this. If A-net targets a specific audience (winglovers with awkward sense of style), A-net should also know that they’re alienating themselves from another, possibly larger group and may even make gw2 unattractive for potential new players.

Two friends of mine were already put off by the wings after coming back to this game and see for yourself how the golden wings are perceived in subreddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4632j5/gemstore_update_golden_wings_glider_combo_and/

Then don’t spend money on them. And “overpriced” is subjective. If storage is what keeps you from fully enjoying the game… Well, there are no words.

4 friends of mine already got put off by the inventory crisis in this game and got overwhelmed by the sheer amount of fancynamed, but useless loot. In their defense, why would they spend even more money for bag slots in a game that fails to deliver? And that is after buying the base game. They quit the game long before I did and I guess it’s time for me to quit as well now.

But at least A-net should know why it’s losing its playerbase rapidly. And I addressed only a small part of the problem.

(edited by Piejoe.7268)

jheryn.8390

4 friends of mine already got put off by the inventory crisis in this game and got overwhelmed by the sheer amount of fancynamed, but useless loot. In their defense, why would they spend even more money for bag slots in a game that fails to deliver? And that is after buying the base game. They quit the game long before I did and I guess it’s time for me to quit as well now.

But at least A-net should know why it’s losing its playerbase rapidly. And I addressed only a small part of the problem.

Questions:

1. Why hold on to fancy useless loot to begin with? Sell it or destroy it.

2. I see so many players claiming that ANet is “rapidly losing its player base” but no one ever provides evidence other than "me and my friends are quitting. Where is the real proof that the player base is leaving? If the Q4 2015 reports put out by NCSoft are any indication, GW2 is doing just fine.

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

QQ’ers think that the more they say “gw2 is losing its player base” the more real it becomes.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Posted by: IPhyton.2348

IPhyton.2348

Like 2hr window events? must have alot of time in your hands.
Like the gemstore meta? Here the same wings but pink this time!
Like the joke of pvp league? EEEEspahtsbois
How about the WvW scene? lol.
Exactly what direction do you speak of?

Piejoe.7268

Questions:

1. Why hold on to fancy useless loot to begin with? Sell it or destroy it.

2. I see so many players claiming that ANet is “rapidly losing its player base” but no one ever provides evidence other than "me and my friends are quitting. Where is the real proof that the player base is leaving? If the Q4 2015 reports put out by NCSoft are any indication, GW2 is doing just fine.

1. The point is that you have to deal with it continuously to the point that it feels like a chore and it’s downright annoying. What’s the point of destroying stuff if you get spammed with it every other 5 minutes anyway? Might as well leave them in your inventory and let them stack. It’ll cause inventory crisis either way.

For a casual friendly game, this isn’t exactly casual friendly. Returning players try out a round of silverwaste and get welcomed with keys, essences, keys, sand, shovels, more keys, 10 different types of loot bags and a new currency etc. to the point that they don’t even want to begin bothering with this game anymore. I’ve seen this first hand. The way this game throws loot at you is just exhausting. We don’t want to play inventory simulator or click wars, thank you.

2. Do you really need evidence to see what is happening? According to ncsofts Q4 reports, I’m estimating their gemstore earnings at 25.000, since all ncsoft games seem to have an ~20%ish increase in revenue in Q4 (It’s probably higher, because there were more players during HoT launch, so there were more people to spend money on the cash shop) Which means that the HoT sales made about 12billion korean won. Which is about 10 million american dollars. Assuming everyone bought the basic package of HoT at $50, this means that they’ve only sold about 200.000 copies of HoT in Q4.

Please correct me if I made any mistakes.

Considering how the majority of the in game players have HoT and guilds reporting that nobody’s logging in anymore, I don’t even dare to guess how many concurrent players there are at the moment.

Well, I could make a guess: if half of the HoT buyers quit and 90% of the players you see have HoT, there would be a total of ~111.000 active players. Assuming everyone plays 3 hours per day, every day spread evenly globally, this would mean there are 111.000/8 = ~14.000 concurrent players at the moment. For a game that is supposedly up there with FFXIV and WoW, that doesn’t exactly sound succesful.

Don’t pin me on this though. This is a VERY rough estimate based on a lot of assumptions.

But hey, if all the remaining players buy all the cash shop wings that gets thrown at them (which apparently is already happening, considering the amount of players running around with wings in game), A-net may still squeeze a good amount of revenue out of the game before it dies.

(edited by Piejoe.7268)

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

2. Do you really need evidence to see what is happening? According to ncsofts Q4 reports, I’m estimating their gemstore earnings at 25.000, since all ncsoft games seem to have an ~20%ish increase in revenue in Q4 (It’s probably higher, because there were more players during HoT launch, so there were more people to spend money on the cash shop) Which means that the HoT sales made about 12billion korean won. Which is about 10 million american dollars. Assuming everyone bought the basic package of HoT at $50, this means that they’ve only sold about 200.000 copies of HoT in Q4.

If you actually read the report, you would have seen that they cited GW2 non-expansion sales as “stable,” not as having a 20% increase. There is no reason to extrapolate that performance improvements in other games extended to GW2. This would mean that gem sales were more like the 20B to 22B of prior quarters, which in turn would mean more than your low-ball ~$10M+ in HoT sales.

There’s also that retail sales of HoT produced revenue only at wholesale rates, not the retail rate. To be sure, there were retail sales, and retail sales of the $75 and $100 packs as well. While we don’t know how many copies of HoT were sold, I have a hard time believing 200K. The evidence just does not support that low a figure.

jheryn.8390

1. The point is that you have to deal with it continuously to the point that it feels like a chore and it’s downright annoying. What’s the point of destroying stuff if you get spammed with it every other 5 minutes anyway? Might as well leave them in your inventory and let them stack. It’ll cause inventory crisis either way.

I can sort of see your point, but dealing with inventory can be a problem if you have one bank pane or all bank panes and 6 mules. People tend to horde. So, you have a choice to either manage your inventory to a working level or buy more space.

Inventory consumes server space. More servers costs money. So while I agree it takes time to manage, no one is immune to that no matter how much space they have or have purchased. It is a fact of life even in game.

And for a casual friendly game, this isn’t exactly casual friendly. Returning players… [SNIP] …We don’t want to play inventory simulator or click wars, thank you.

Sorry, but this is subjective. We, which all players are a part of, do not all feel as you do. You may feel this way. Others may too. On the flip side others like me don’t see or have a problem with it.

2. Do you really need evidence to see what is happening? [SNIP] …Assuming everyone bought the basic package of HoT at $50, this means that they’ve only sold about 200.000 copies of HoT in Q4.

Yes, I do need evidence before I accept broad sweeping statements based on speculation. Assuming and speculation are not evidence. Assuming who did or did not buy anything is speculation. Also, despite sales, there is nothing on the reports that show profit or loss. You and I have no way of knowing if they are doing well financially or not. Also, since they do not release how many players buy what or how many players are coming and going, it is all speculation backed up with highly subjective guessing.

Considering how the majority of the in game players have HoT and guilds reporting that nobody’s logging in anymore, I don’t even dare to guess how many concurrent players there are at the moment. Well, I could make a guess: if half of the HoT buyers quit and 90% of the players you see have HoT, there would be a total of ~111.000 active players. Assuming everyone plays 3 hours per day, every day spread evenly globally, this would mean there are 111.000/8 = ~14.000 concurrent players at the moment. Don’t pin me on this though. This is a VERY rough estimate based on a lot of assumptions.

Again, huge hyperbole. With all certainty, I know you do not know the majority of in game players so saying they are claiming that nobody is logging in anymore is just hyperbole to make your argument seem sound.

Also, the only way you know for certain if the majority of players have HoT or not is if you have access to those figures, which no one does. More guessing, no evidence.

You have offered no real evidence to back up your statements. Just guessing. When that is the only evidence you offer, it only makes your statements of fact mere rants and rhetoric. I just can’t give anything you offered credibility.[/quote]

Posted by: Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

I also like the expansion. So what, they should come out and say that they messed up, so now WE, the people who liked it, would feel neglected?

I think that if they hadn’t killed off other older parts of the game there would be less hate towards HoT. Arenanet tried to manipulate the metrics to make HoT look better which back fired and rightfully so. Those that don’t like HoT could have still had a place in the game but arenanet had to go and reduce the rewards every where. Making them so much lower than what you get in HoT or Silverwaste that its not worth doing anymore. So now when people get bored of HoT and/or Silverwaste there is no where to go. It did not need to be this way and a lot of the hate for HoT is because of this. HoT should have been a new area in addition to the old areas. Instead HoT is a new area in place of the old areas. That’s a stupid kittening way to do things and arenanet need to pull their heads out of their kitten.

Posted by: Shezu Tsukai.8291

Shezu Tsukai.8291

HoT brought horizontal expansion, new ideas/direction, and did not kill the rest of Tyria.

It has its rough spots but show me another game that has tried for real horizontal expansion instead of the very cliched expansion adding levels for player and gear to grind for progress.

BTW I’ve been in many areas of Tyria in the last week and still had fun and saw other players doing the same.

Verum et Vitae

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

This has the an unhealthy show of empathy.

But yes, I feel your pain, though nowhere near as heavily as you do I presume.

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

You like the zerg based pve content where trying to get a piece of armor is out of your hands and the grind that comes with it ? You like the way they abuse the gemstore to keep on introducing more gliders and wings instead of proper armor ? How they completely kittened up wvw for what it is and probably will continue doing so ? And how they also did nothing major to pvp or adding new PROPER maps instead of some moba clone ? Allight !

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

If you play gw2 for pve you cannot notice the decrease in playerbase or activity because of megaserver. You may even like all the changes because there is plenty to do in pve world i guess.
If you play gw2 for wvw or pvp and you don’t notice the drop in numbers you are blind.

If someone makes an outrageous claim that gw2 is bankrupt or lost 90% of their players because of A B or C, yeah, you probably got a young kid trying to shake things up. Most of the cynicism in these forums, however, come from players that loved something, watched it fall, tried to help, got ignored.

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

I like this expansion and direction this game is going,just fix WvW and this is best MMO again for me.That and nerf Revenant

Posted by: Paandor.1950

Paandor.1950

I’m not a fan of the expansion. I find myself constantly frustrated.

Posted by: Serious.6940

Serious.6940

The expansion seems to have let a lot of people down, which I understand, but no devs or staff have really come out with answers to our cries. This just feels like neglect, and it hurts honestly.

Go have a look in the WvW forums, you are more likely to hear a pin drop than see a dev post there.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

We post on the website often, sometimes several times in a week. We have a weekly informational live stream. We keep up on social media daily. Devs and other employees post, or I post on behalf of devs or teams, on a regular basis, in fact, I posted today, multiple times, for the PvP Team. Check the Dev Tracker and you’ll see a goodly amount of activity every week — heck, more than a dozen posts today alone.

We’ve seen numerous post of this nature. And we’re responded many times. Perhaps the comments I shared about communications in this thread from a few weeks ago will help give some perspective to your concern.

If you feel you have something new or different to say, you may share your thoughts in the existing thread on the topic of Communications, which you will find here.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)