I'm Sorry About Copper

I'm Sorry About Copper

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

I like the no-AoE mob rule. It means that copper is the last to fall due to the horde of players sitting there doing 1-1-1-1-1-1.

That means you can generally do amber or indigo and be in time to tag copper and extract another part on the cheap.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

I'm Sorry About Copper

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

I like the no-AoE mob rule. It means that copper is the last to fall due to the horde of players sitting there doing 1-1-1-1-1-1.

That means you can generally do amber or indigo and be in time to tag copper and extract another part on the cheap.

Not so great when Copper doesn’t fall at all.

I'm Sorry About Copper

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Can’t do this anymore, they fixed it with the last patch.

I'm Sorry About Copper

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

Anet thought they did, but their fix doesn’t seem to even work properly.

I'm Sorry About Copper

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Yep. Cannot tag multiple champs anymore. Or rather, you can, but you won’t be getting any extra extractions.

One – Piken Square

I'm Sorry About Copper

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Oh it’s worth to add, you can still get another part by using another extractor for the lane boss fights.

One – Piken Square

I'm Sorry About Copper

Posted by: Galespark.7835

Galespark.7835

I do know how the boss works. This change in tactics the OP recommending for bubbles is sure to help some folks adjust. But I think it is you and the other folks spouting its ok to use AoE are the ones don’t understand Coppers basic mechanics. He is a husk. He is resistant to direct damage. He is vulnerable to condition damage. Even the wiki lists direct damage is significantly reduced. Those AoE skills you are touting are wasted on him. You don’t even address how if you are not traited for condition damage you shouldn’t even be there. That full strength DPS could better utilized on Amber and Gold/Silver.

AoE is not the answer!

Why are you suddenly using direct vs condi damage as an argument in a discussion about aoe vs single target damage? It is it different problem entirely.

I (and probably most of the other “folks”) understand that perfectly fine, although I have never seen a run with only 5 people at him focused on conditions. It might be better than an all out attack with 15+, I can not compare. However, this is a fairytale outside of an SW instance populated mostly by a single organized guild. If you require no aoe, you will not mostly get condi users, you will get a high amount of people using long range single target damage auto attacks, which, as you said, do nearly no damage, and some of them probably apply conditions while not traited/geared for it. Good luck telling these people they should not be there.

Mindless aoe might not be the best, but it is probably still better than what happened in most maps before tuesday, since for most classes this means they can use skills that actually do damage, even if it is direct damage. A staff wielding elementalist probably delivers at least 5 (probably closer to 10) times more damage when allowed to use all dps skills instead of just the single target auto-attacks. If a portion of the people present actually know what to do, it gets even better. I have not been at copper lately so I cannot say how it is now, though people seem to report it getting better.

I'm Sorry About Copper

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I think the dev’s should not have labeled the bubbles at Copper “poison”. Being a Husk, players should have been encouraged to use conditions. On this, a poison heals him? The mixed message is why players are confused and fighting with each other.

Let’s hope the wiki has been updated.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

I'm Sorry About Copper

Posted by: TFMurphy.5136

TFMurphy.5136

That’s not entirely true. What you can’t do is tag a champ, then run over to another champ and tag that before the last champ you tagged dies.

What cafard was suggesting was participating at, say, Iron and defeat it (getting a part), and then still have plenty of time to run to Copper and help defeat that (getting another part).

Though personally, I’d prefer all champs die fast and the proper strategies get communicated, so yes, I like this thread.

I'm Sorry About Copper

Posted by: Xiem.4719

Xiem.4719

Sw is getting better and better, can’t wait for “don’t hit it, wait for it to die”

Attachments:

I'm Sorry About Copper

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Can we sticky this?

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

I'm Sorry About Copper

Posted by: Maxwell.7843

Maxwell.7843

Sw is getting better and better, can’t wait for “don’t hit it, wait for it to die”

I think that the “no AOE at Blue” may be due to the gas bubbles, they heal the boss when popped.

I have no idea whether they heal as much as the bubbles at Red.

I'm Sorry About Copper

Posted by: Xiem.4719

Xiem.4719

Teleportation Mechanics
The boss room is comprised of four sections. The thrasher will go invulnerable during the fight and teleport to the next quadrant clockwise. Contrary to popular belief, crowd control does not cause the Thrasher to teleport.
The pattern is as follows: 1
Every 20s starting at 4:38 from the South East quadrant until it has reached 80% health.
At 80% it will not teleport till it reaches 50% health.
50% health: teleport and summon the Poison Vents.
Teleports every 10% until there is 10% health remaining.
Teleports either every 5% or 1% health (this interval is hypothesized).

&

They don’t actually heal allies during the Champion Mordrem Thrasher Platinum encounter, instead the boss will temporarily become determined and teleport to a different room if two bubbles are popped within 200 range of it. [verification requested]

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defeat_Mordremoth%27s_champion_

I'm Sorry About Copper

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

You know whats funny is that wall perch cuts it close enough with the abysmal ranged single target dps. And then to top it all off sometimes Copper can partially reset because he cant reach anyone. And then people suddenly start blaming everyone else for AOEing instead of realising their little safespot was the cause.

Any heals the boss recieves from bubbles or adds can easily be overcompensated with proper AOE dps. This goes for blue aswell. The problem is everyone is so afraid of heals that they half kitten the dps and when someone does kill a bubble with AOE the group dps is a fraction of what it could be.

(edited by Spoj The Second.7680)

I'm Sorry About Copper

Posted by: Regenas.6845

Regenas.6845

Was commanding today in SW at red. Encouraged people to AoE at red and jump down. Told them everything (even said about this post) about what i am going to do 10 mins before the event.

We failed it. And you know why? People run around with aggro without a clue what to do. They dont CC bubbles (EVEN IF IT WAS EXPLAINED), they dont do anything!

And then i am getting flamed in map chat? Tell me please, who was a noob/troll there?
People = kitten.