I miss Scarlet

I miss Scarlet

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: myren.5490

myren.5490

Hear me out.. Although Scarlet wasn’t exactly the best villain, she definitely put a sense of excitement in the game. Whether it was the Aetherblades, or the Twisted Marionette, Scarlet constantly kept the game interesting. It was so much fun logging on and seeing Scarlet’s new plan and overall insanity. It was kind of like seeing Harley Quinn take control for once. I also think she is the example of a good final boss fight. The Prime Hologram wasn’t incredibly difficult but it did require team coordination and was a overall good way to end Scarlet’s story. I miss the updates and all the exciting stuff she brought to the game. I’m hoping HoT brings the same taste with Mordremoth.

I miss Scarlet

Posted by: Emiko.3217

Emiko.3217

Hear me out.. Although Scarlet wasn’t exactly the best villain, she definitely put a sense of excitement in the game. Whether it was the Aetherblades, or the Twisted Marionette, Scarlet constantly kept the game interesting. It was so much fun logging on and seeing Scarlet’s new plan and overall insanity. It was kind of like seeing Harley Quinn take control for once. I also think she is the example of a good final boss fight. The Prime Hologram wasn’t incredibly difficult but it did require team coordination and was a overall good way to end Scarlet’s story. I miss the updates and all the exciting stuff she brought to the game. I’m hoping HoT brings the same taste with Mordremoth.

Oh wow, thought I was the only one who felt this way. Scarlet was the BEST villain in GW2! Hope they bring her back in the future. I also miss her aetherblades.

I miss Scarlet

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

She could have been memorable in the right way – her maniacal character worked quite well I thought, especially when you look back with the fleshing out they gave her in LS2. However, the way she was written into the story was poorly conceived and the way she seemed able to do anything and achieve anything just didn’t really make sense.

I thoroughly enjoyed the final fight against her though

I miss Scarlet

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Oh wow, thought I was the only one who felt this way. Scarlet was the BEST villain in GW2! Hope they bring her back in the future. I also miss her aetherblades.

Resurrected as a Mordrem Monster?

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

I miss Scarlet

Posted by: paintpixie.7398

paintpixie.7398

I like(d) her. Especially finding out more about her in season two. I find her quite fascinating, I pity her, I want to find out more about her, etc. I think she’s one of the best characters in the story. Most of the “heroes”, in comparison, are kind of bland.

I miss Scarlet

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I miss her too, and felt she brought a bit of manic cruelty that made her fun to hate as a villain.

I miss Scarlet

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

I miss her too, guys. I really liked her :<

Making me kill her was so cruel, ANet…

I miss Scarlet

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I don’t miss scarlet at all. Too cliché for my tastes.

I miss Scarlet

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I miss the living world.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

I miss Scarlet

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Maybe when LS continues Mordremoth finds Scarlet’s grave and uses her corpse to grow a new mother tree that hatches evil Scarlet Clones upon the world.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

I miss Scarlet

myren.5490

Maybe when LS continues Mordremoth finds Scarlet’s grave and uses her corpse to grow a new mother tree that hatches evil Scarlet Clones upon the world.

Or since Mordremoth is the Mind Dragon, maybe he could force Scarlet’s memories and personality into every sylvari he corrupts… which is basically what you said but a different way of approaching it

I miss Scarlet

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

I do miss her, but most of all I miss Robo-Thatcher!

I miss Scarlet

Posted by: Zadist.5410

Zadist.5410

I can see her popping up in a Fractal or something in the future, but that’s just me.

I miss Scarlet

myren.5490

To add on to this, it makes me sad how ignored the other villains of the game are. I’m talking about Kudu, Faolain (she might have a big role so not sure), Caudecus etc. Just dragons seems a little bleh.

Edit:I have just received word that Kudu is dead

I miss Scarlet

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Kudu was fine although a little plain, Faolain is too close to some real evil people I know (But, my DEAR, I’m NOT attacking you, I just FOUND this knife on your back so it’s YOUR fault!), I don’t even remember Caudecus.

Scarlet was cliche and unnerving… and I loved her deeply.

Her story was convoluted and a little forced, but kept me interested all the time, gave me great surprises, and her end was right: sad, mad and ominous. Let her rest in peace, she fulfilled her role just fine.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

I miss Scarlet

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

She already is in the reactor fractal, although it is just a cameo appearance.

Caudecus could be the best villain in this game if really let loose. He is the guy with the diplomatic pass than can basically do as he pleases as long as it is not open rebellion. But so, he is part of a dungeon chain of events and will stay the same, a guy with potential but second fiddle for the sake of continuity.

I barely remember Kudu, probably because he is a smurf which I loathe. Shame on you Anet for not bringing in Tengu but smurfs! shakes fist !

Scarlet on the other hand was nice, as was ls1. Sometimes I caught myself sympathizing with her because she seemed to follow a plan to save her sanity and people from themselves.

Faolain is ok, but I am more of a Trahearne guy to be honest.^^

I also have a personal distaste for both Logan and Rhytlock and could see both as heroes and villains all at once. Logan would let everything go up in flames if Jenna asked it from him, and Rhytlock, beside being a xenophobic isolationist, is a father that barely and then only meekly confirmes this fact to his daughter, one of the lowest forms of life I can imagine.

Did not really understand or sympathize with Caithe in ls2 either, but that may be just plot hammering.

Taimi on the other hand should be put into arrest immediately after running away and finding so many fascinating things in Scarlet´s hideout. There you have a new scarlet growing directly at the powerbase of the new heroes.

Edit: Evon, that bankster scum, is also high on my list of despisable people that should be seen as villains.

I miss Scarlet

myren.5490

Oh thats interesting. Taimi becoming obesessed with Scarlet’s findings and going into the Eternal Alchemy could potentially be a good hero turned villain situation

I miss Scarlet

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

You don’t miss scarlet. You misst regular new content.

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

I miss Scarlet

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

Do you think it’s possible that Mordy “copied” Scarlet and she’ll be one of those Mordy Commanders?
I mean copying is what mordy does to create his army.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

I miss Scarlet

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Do you think it’s possible that Mordy “copied” Scarlet and she’ll be one of those Mordy Commanders?
I mean copying is what mordy does to create his army.

I wouldn’t be surprised.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

I miss Scarlet

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Although Scarlet wasn’t exactly the best villain, she definitely put a sense of excitement in the game. Whether it was the Aetherblades, or the Twisted Marionette, Scarlet constantly kept the game interesting. It was so much fun logging on and seeing Scarlet’s new plan and overall insanity.

Sounds more like you enjoyed the constant updates of unrelated plots rather than Scarlet herself to me.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

I miss Scarlet

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

I absolutely loved her. I was disappointed with the reveals over the story, I just found it all somehow messy, but still she was great fun to be around. Why could I not save her and keep her for myself. Whyyy.

let the sky fall

I miss Scarlet

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Inb4 Scarlet was just Trahearne’s alter ego to test the Commander’s resolve.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

I miss Scarlet

Posted by: Gerikstoof.9563

Gerikstoof.9563

Scarlet will be Mordremoth’s final champion in the raids

I miss Scarlet

Posted by: Biziut.3594

Biziut.3594

Scarlet Briar Hologram: “Brrr… Is anyone else cold? I think it’s time for another mass execution. Throw some more prisoners on the fire!”

Yeah i miss her too and i wish to see her in future but as Grand Duchess Faolain said “We shall see dearheart…we shall see hahHAHAhaahaHAhah (maniacal laugh)”

I miss Scarlet

Posted by: Lazuli.2098

Lazuli.2098

I miss the marionette fights.

I miss Scarlet

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

a lot of people liked scarlett. what we didnt like about her was how she was presented. She knew everything, could do anything, came out of nowhere, had the worlds greatest army… yea. Its just how it happened. She was always happy and evil, never had a furious evil side to her. I liked her, but she could of been 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000x better

I miss Scarlet

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

RE: Title:
I don’t.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

I miss Scarlet

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

“The most dangerous Mordrem Guard are the commanders, specially created to be the jungle dragon’s elite fighters. There are three unique commanders active in Maguuma, each with its own individual look, weaponry, and set of terrifying magical attacks. Worst of all for Pact forces, Mordremoth has an inexhaustible supply of all three Mordrem Guard commanders; when one falls in battle, the jungle dragon simply creates a new one with the same look, same name, and same deadly abilities as the one it replaced.”

I wouldn’t rule out a revisit by Scarlet just yet. And yes I do like the crazy ones. “Sorry about all the Death! <giggles>”

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

I miss Scarlet

Posted by: Torvic.8256

Torvic.8256

I also miss her, even more bittersweetly after viewing her (via her holograms) as a happy and bubbly teenager just prior to her going crazy after apparently peering into the Eternal Alchemy.

Also, was there ever an in-story explanation as to why she was the only Sylvari with that type of “hairstyle” or anything even close to it?

I miss Scarlet

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I really don’t miss Scarlet as a character. Her writing was so, so poor.

No one disliked Scarlet because she was a believeable, evil villain. People disliked her because her writing was so boring, and poor.

I miss Scarlet

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

The Scarlet that was presented in game was kinda, meh. Everything between the lines and in the lore that we could discover (her secret cave for example) was awesome.

A proper villain should be one that people should not be rooting for out of fandom for being cool or awesome or kitten. Darth Vader is a great villain because he actually isn’t one; he is a fallen hero. Nobody says they think Hitler is awesome because he was an actual, horrible, cracked villain. Scarlet was awesome, imo.

And after seeing this video and playing through the story, in hindsight, I miss Scarlet too.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

I miss Scarlet

Posted by: Riot Inducer.8964

Riot Inducer.8964

I really don’t miss her, at least I really don’t miss how she actually appeared in game, her writing in season 1 was really pretty bad, there’s no way to sugarcoat it. The fact that she’s a far more interesting character posthumously thanks to fleshing out in season 2 should tell you how hard the ball was dropped regarding her writing on the first pass.

That said I do miss a lot of the season 1 content, the Battle for LA stuff in particular was so much fun to play I wish we could revisit it in some form.

I miss Scarlet

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

I didn’t get to play ls1 so I feel I missed it. it sure sounds like it was a really interesting thing to play through.

I miss Scarlet

Posted by: Raven.1524

Raven.1524

Honestly, I have no idea if I miss Scarlet or just Tara Strong