I miss the old dialogue scenes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

I know many people enjoy the newer dialogues, staying in the same maps and everything, but I personally really liked the old ones. the simple backgrounds and being able to see our characters react while speaking was really nice. Also we could get a good look at both our character and the rest of the people speaking. now I don’t even know how most NPC’s even look up close.
Am I the only one missing the older dialogue scenes? I always thought they added a lot to the immersion and uniqueness of important story quests.
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/kO5RNhs657A/maxresdefault.jpg

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

No I don’t miss them. I do miss the GW1 versions tho. That being your char was shown in the actual cut scenes in full action, running, fighting etc.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

I don’t particularly. The fact the cutscenes disables the characters’ helmet was so immersionbreaking I hated the cutscenes for all they were. I had. Thief with anonimity as a main trait. Not 1 minute into the game, I talk to someone and off goes the mask look at me!!

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

i always have hidden helmet so i did not notice that. it could be fixed though, why eve remove it at all?

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

Don’t miss them, the old scenes killed immersion far too often with easily avoided errors. Stuff like a character that was lying on his bed a couple of seconds before, mortally sick, now happily standing and talking as if nothing ever happened in the cutscene.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I prefer the new ones except for the annoying fact that I cannot skip them.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I liked the old ones. They provided a pause in the story that I think helped to assimilate and feel the things that were happening.

The new ones are really fine too: you just need to play with the cam and your position to see the characters talking and acting very convincingly. However, I think they should have an skip option for the second time you see them… AND MOBS SHOULDN’T KEEP SPAWNING WHILE YOU ARE TRYING TO PUT ATTENTION INTO THE DIALOGUES.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i hate having text on the screen when characters are speaking,

if its there then your eyes snap to it and you read what the character will say before they say it, i find myself looking elsewhere on the screen to avoid it, or pointing the camera at odd angles to cut out the text boxes.
the old method was the worst offender for this.