I spent 1000+G on boonshare mesmer yesterday

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

There will always be exceptions to the norm. Some peeps are just that good. But the mechanics of some bosses don’t allow things like 3-manning. Try 3-manning Vale Guardian.

You fail.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Trio-Vale-Guardian-Snow-Crows-SC/first#post6356961

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Posted by: Djahlat.9610

Djahlat.9610

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

you could just roll another light class soooooo not a big loss

rangers got perma quickness taken away in hours at least you got to enjoy this for a whole year.

Not sure what Ranger build you run but my druid run 33% faster permanently unless in combat.

He’s talking about when WHaO got buffed to copy your pet’s Boons to you without a limit, so we could technically stack Quickness permanently and have easy access to Might. Then, 3 hours later, they made the Boon copying super restricted to the extent where it was practically pointless, and then an uproar on the Ranger subforum ensued that led the skill to a convenient middle ground, which is where we are now.

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

@OP, dont worry, Anet will make something that will result in similiar “carry the players” but with diferent name…

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Any chance I can get a link on this change?

I made 2 sets of Ascended Commanders Gear (Switch between guard/rev/mes/ele)….. Would really like to know about this change.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

I made 2 sets of Ascended Commanders Gear (Switch between guard/rev/mes/ele)….. Would really like to know about this change.

Upcoming Balance Change thread by Gaile.

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

Well one is clear btw OP. You do not need to spend 100 hours farming bloodstones for beserker trinkets as that stat can easily be bought with laurels or Guild Commendations. Also I think the fractals venders also offers them for sale.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I spent 1000+G on my boonsharing mesmer yesterday and you are going to nerf it to the ground? Well done, Anet.

Well done indeed. Because the fundamental nature of balance passes is to nerf over-performing options and buff underperforming ones. You jumped on a top performing build just in time to see it FIXED.

I’m sure it’ll still be quite playable despite no longer being some sort of apex predator mutant, and at that price, I’m guessing most of what you bought/built is account bound, so pretending its value went away is silly.

But really, what was the point of this entire thread other than begging people to laugh in your face?

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I spent 1000+G on my boonsharing mesmer yesterday and you are going to nerf it to the ground? Well done, anet. Mesmer is my only character and i may lose my job in the raid and WvW.

I don’t know how you managed to spent 1000+G on Mesmer gear. You say you do raiding, so you have easy and cheap access to ascended gear.

i have to farm for another 100 hours in the ember bay and bloodstone Fen for my berserker trinkets.

I don’t understand that either. There are many easy and cheap ways to access ascended berserker trinkets.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_trinket

I literally get 1 piece of ascended armor every 3~4 days doing t4 fractal daily only,

Posted by: slamb.4781

slamb.4781

lolololololololol

Tries to play cheeses gets grated

Sir Kitty Litter
[QOP] Quaggan Op – Guild Leader

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

seems everyone is puzzled by OP.. lol….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Upcoming Balance Change thread by Gaile.

Thanks… Just read it, sounds like OP is over reacting a little but I guess we’ll see….

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Posted by: Cristalyan.5728

Cristalyan.5728

Nike.2631

Well done indeed. Because the fundamental nature of balance passes is to nerf over-performing options and buff underperforming ones. You jumped on a top performing build just in time to see it FIXED.

I’m sure it’ll still be quite playable despite no longer being some sort of apex predator mutant, and at that price, I’m guessing most of what you bought/built is account bound, so pretending its value went away is silly.

But really, what was the point of this entire thread other than begging people to laugh in your face?

Well, do you ever played more than 5 minutes the “apex predator” called mesmer? I have serious doubts, because the “apex predator” has the most pathetic DPS from the game. And requires a lot of brain and effort to be played well.
What the OP has done? He optimized his build to be useful to others, with other words he spend a lot of gold to help the others. As you can see, boon-sharing is not about your own character but to support your team.
The Signet of Inspiration worked as it works today (one day before patch) for a very long time. And nobody considered it to be so OP to see a build using it as being “top performing”. But you say that nerfing SoI means a FIX. Do you have any argument (other than the ANet official position) that SoI was broken until now?
And lastly: “But really, what was the point of this entire thread other than begging people to laugh in your face?” As even you can understand, the boon-sharing build is not for individual use – is for the benefit of the entire team. With other words you spend a lot of gold to be able to GIVE something to the team. If in your world the first action seeing a person trying to be generous is to laugh – not a discrete smile, but a laugh in the face – no wonder you have difficulties understanding the subject of a topic.

To OP: ANet has the habit to let the players spend time, effort and money (in game and RL money) to achieve something. And after that they takes that “something” from the players. Examples? You can find a lot – starting with HoT. In the beginning (paying some RL money) we had HoT – with skills/ bonuses / graphics / mastery. After that, ANet started to take HoT back: The graphic is not so spectacular now – because of the worry for the “visual noise”. As for skills and bonuses: as memser I’m sure you remember the Alacrity and the wells before being nerfed etc. Even some mastery are now completely useless – ANet took them back :-)). I stop here.

I’m with you OP. Try to keep the gear. In the future I bet ANet will make another ’change" and the commander gear can become effective again.

As a note: All the peoples commenting: " Mesmer has the place in the raid granted. We will even need two now" should ask themselves if they want to play a mesmer. As a main. In the Open World – to train yourself, spending time to know the character, to become good with the only purpose to be able to help your team.

Posted by: Crysto.7089

Crysto.7089

With other words you spend a lot of gold to be able to GIVE something to the team. If in your world the first action seeing a person trying to be generous is to laugh – not a discrete smile, but a laugh in the face – no wonder you have difficulties understanding the subject of a topic.

Altruism is a myth.

#1 Commander/Player NA: Promotions

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

A single set of gear costs 1000’s of gold and respeccing it costs casual players months of play time.

I don’t know what you are doing but I have multiple sets of full ascended raid/fractal gear and I haven’t paid much more than a few hundred gold in total. In fact raid gear is much cheaper than fractal gear because the most expansive part here are the infusions.

Respeccing it is cheap as hell, because you only need a few gold and new runes/sigils.

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

1000g? On what??

Karka slayer sigils i guess.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: aceboogie.4031

aceboogie.4031

why are you spending so much real money…. there’s so many ways to make gear, that you shouldn’t need to drop 1$ in RL currency, your doing something very wrong…

so you’re assuming tomorrows patch will make Mesmer 100% useless? you seem to forget when alacrity was nerfed… no big deal that turned out to be. staff ele was all the rage when that was nerfed, no big deal there. you’re creating something from nothing and being a bit dramatic.

im curious though, how many LI’s do you have?