I think Veterans/Champions = Worthless

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cina Reas.6938

Cina Reas.6938

While I applaud the idea that Champions and Vets ought to be worth killing, I have 2 other things to say. 1) Since the purported up to drop rates, I get something from Champs and Vets 95% of the time, versus maybe 20% before. and 2) We ask for better drops, but how many people actually get drops they are going to equip? I can count the times on 1 hand, and all but one of those were greens at low levels.

My experience has been the other way:

Champion No drop
Veteran No drop
Veteran 79 Blue Axe
Champion No drop
Veteran No drop
Veteran Tiny Fang
Veteran No drop
Veteran No drop
Veteran No drop
Veteran No drop
Veteran Jagged scrap of metal

Thus I don’t bother with killing them. I accept that a-net do not care to operate a game where my efforts are rewarded as would be the case in other games.

Grind Wars 2; the game that ate my brain.

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

I am convinced that the carrot on the string is rotten.

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Totally agree OP, i feel chests all over the maps are equally useless Should drop Rares, Exotics and Ascended (or at least vials) ….

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

It’s a shame that there’s no reason to fight your way to and slay that Veteran Wolf chilling in that out-of-the-way den with the rest of his pack.

You know there is a chest behind the tree in one of the wolf dens in Queensdale.

Not anymore…..

Posted by: lunarminx.3624

lunarminx.3624

i agree most loot is crap in the same time you kill the champ. you can kill a lot mobs and get more and better loot.

And this is why the game is failing. They did so well with GW1 that the idea that they could fail with 2 made their most insane ideas a go ahead.

Posted by: MaRko.3165

MaRko.3165

(while attempting to maintain my seat while contemplating ‘Farming’ Chickens in a video game….)

The old work/payoff or cost/reward issue.

If I kill <insert here> I may get 1s.25c but if I get defeated the armor repairs will cost me 1s.50c +WP costs so is it worth the chance?

“I was playing Farmville and a kitten MMO GW2 broke out of it…”
I cut my gaming teeth on Adventure&ZorkI,II,III.
i7-2600K/8G/GTX570SLI/WIN7/Stereoscopic_3D

Posted by: whipplerama.3692

whipplerama.3692

The loot is a lie.

They must have taken my marbles away.
But they gave me plenty of porous bones to compensate.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

So if someone is coming along to help you will chase them away so they don’t spoil your dropchance? This is what would be happening. (Not saying you actually would)

Nope because I’ve killed plenty of vets myself with no help from anyone being around and they still drop absolutely nothing.

I’ve wondered about this too OP, can’t imagine what’s going on in that office over there but one thing’s for sure, they definitely aren’t doing anything about it. Either DR has gotten out of hand (as with many things we get 1 new bug a week in this game) or their data software isn’t showing what it should show them about drops because I have yet to get a drop above a blue since november of last year. And that blue was the only blue I’ve ever received from vets/champs.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

The Dailies just keep reminding me. Same score. 5 vets, actually 8 because I led a friend to a few after I got mine, 0 loot. Not bones, claws or white crap. Zero. Again.

This isn’t “perceived”

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Posted by: gillius.2856

gillius.2856

I bet Anet won’t even dare to answer … or they will in 2 months..like in the other thread about loots…

Or they will just delete the posts and pretend nothing happened

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

I think in trying to appeal to a wider audience they have to design for the lowest common denominator. I wonder if it would be feasable as a designer to build a game that encourages players to get better at the game rather than to make thier players feel like Charlie at the Chocolate Factory.

But Anet is making it impossible for me to get the best gear the way I want to play. I should get a laurel on a repeatable daily where I kill 10 mobs as fast as I want, but don’t make it a grind! /sarcasm

Teofa Tsavo.9863

I think in trying to appeal to a wider audience they have to design for the lowest common denominator. I wonder if it would be feasable as a designer to build a game that encourages players to get better at the game rather than to make thier players feel like Charlie at the Chocolate Factory.

But Anet is making it impossible for me to get the best gear the way I want to play. I should get a laurel on a repeatable daily where I kill 10 mobs as fast as I want, but don’t make it a grind! /sarcasm

What do either of these comments have to do with champions dropping loot. Nov Patch notes stated that Champions should be guaranteed to drop loot. Veterans and Champions were supposed to both drop better loot. It is reasonable for players to expect that they should, after that statement. They do not. Nothing in your rant applies to the subject. One rant does not fit all.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

Actually, I find that if you have a group, champions are a great source of steady gear. It takes about 2 minutes to kill a champ and they always drop a piece of gear. Most of the time it’s blue, but you’re always rolling for a better piece of gear, and with MF you could be getting it on a few of them. Many champions have their own event anyway so you get a healthy dose of experiencce/karma/silver.

The thing is champion loot from grouping is not AMAZING so nobody does that often. If 5 people get together, somebody’s going to suggest a dungeon and then they’re off to go do that.

Edit: I haven’t come across a single champion since that loot patch that hasn’t dropped at least a blue. I don’t know what the hell people are talking about, maybe you didn’t tag them?

Posted by: Rhaps.8540

Rhaps.8540

I went Veteran Karka hunting with my warrior the other night for a bit of a self-challenge. The variety that lays eggs is actually great practice for dodging knockdowns and keeps you on your toes stopping yourself from getting overwhelmed whilst chipping away through two huge health bars. Anyway, killed about 8 of the suckers and the first 5 gave me ZERO loot. Nothing, not even a bit of grey vendor trash. The last 3 gave me 2 vials of Potent Blood and 1 blue weapon.

Considering these massive beasts take a considerable beating for a good deal more risk than nearly any other veteran mob in the game you’d think the loot would even attempt to reflect that? Seriously Anet, what the kitten?

Seafarer’s Rest – Guild Leader The Deamon Army [TDA]

Posted by: Rhaps.8540

Rhaps.8540

It’s a shame that there’s no reason to fight your way to and slay that Veteran Wolf chilling in that out-of-the-way den with the rest of his pack.

You know there is a chest behind the tree in one of the wolf dens in Queensdale.

Not anymore…..

Oh really?

Attachments:

Seafarer’s Rest – Guild Leader The Deamon Army [TDA]

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Actually, I find that if you have a group, champions are a great source of steady gear. It takes about 2 minutes to kill a champ and they always drop a piece of gear. Most of the time it’s blue, but you’re always rolling for a better piece of gear, and with MF you could be getting it on a few of them. Many champions have their own event anyway so you get a healthy dose of experiencce/karma/silver.

The thing is champion loot from grouping is not AMAZING so nobody does that often. If 5 people get together, somebody’s going to suggest a dungeon and then they’re off to go do that.

Edit: I haven’t come across a single champion since that loot patch that hasn’t dropped at least a blue. I don’t know what the hell people are talking about, maybe you didn’t tag them?

Gee, you must be right. I’ve soloed champions that never drop anything. I must have never tagged them. There is a huge, sticky thread full of players who don’t get loot from Champions. I killed 8 vets and the southsun Champion Reef shark yesterday, solo, and got 0 loots. I guess I didn’t tag them, eh?

The Silver I got from the champion event was not much more than collecting eggs for the chef is. Hardly a “healthy dose” of silver.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

Posted by: Zeldain.5710

Zeldain.5710

The designers of this game definitely don’t understand itemization, or beyond that, the simple pleasure of surprise. There is NOTHING more boring than facing an enemy that by its sheer stature is more impposing and deadly than your normal mob, but then have him drop a “Dented Spoon” 12 levels too low for you?

They need loot specific to mobs… Not even getting into bosses (like, we should see "Claw of the Shatterer, that drops ONLY from the shatterer, occasionally, and has a kick kitten near legendary skin) But even from regular vet mobs.

I just don’t get why they don’t realize loot is boring in this game and it has nothing to do with stats.

Posted by: mattbnh.9247

mattbnh.9247

kinda sad part is that gw1 had named weapons from bosses, and here in Gw2 there is the opportunity to have both armor and weapons drop, plus other cool stuff, but it’s not happening. Maybe in an expansion, I can hope.
What makes me crazy is quest champion bosses like the giant at Nageling drop absolutely nothing. Not even nose pickings. No wonder nobody is there most of the time.

“That’s more than I really needed to know.” – Adventurer in LA

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Most veterans are far too easy to drop worthwile loot, but increasing their strenght would make them really difficult to handle when soloing. Champions could use better loot tables and possibly more interesting/challenging fights (I soloed the champion Ooze even in Cursed Shore yesterday).

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Zeldain.5710

Most veterans are far too easy to drop worthwile loot, but increasing their strenght would make them really difficult to handle when soloing. Champions could use better loot tables and possibly more interesting/challenging fights (I soloed the champion Ooze even in Cursed Shore yesterday).

Maybe they shouldn’t be soloable? It’s an MMO, is it not?

Posted by: InfamousBrad.5879

InfamousBrad.5879

Actually, I find that if you have a group, champions are a great source of steady gear. It takes about 2 minutes to kill a champ and they always drop a piece of gear. Most of the time it’s blue,

Emphasis added. If you can survive tanking a champion, tank it for 10 or 15 minutes until people show up (if they do). If you’re lucky, more than one other person shows up to help and you can finish it off in only another 5 minutes. Total reward: one piece of blue-quality salvage trash, plus not quite enough silver to cover your armor repairs.

Which is why you can’t run through southern Kessex Hills without hearing that “the Blood Witch is killing quaggans and feeding quaggans to her pets, please help quaggans.” Nobody wants or needs that aggravation, so nobody bothers with almost any Group Events after the starter zones. They just sit there and block or clog up Points of Interest for days on end.

It is my firmly held opinion that if it’s higher than level 20, any champion should drop either a guaranteed rare ingredient or green gear or above; if it’s higher than level 35, any champion should drop a guaranteed very rare ingredient or yellow gear or above. Then maybe people would bother with them.

Because honestly, after only a couple of months, I’m starting to feel sorry for noobs who sound so excited that a group event has spawned, who stand there for I don’t even know how long spamming map chat for help and who can’t figure out why nobody shows up.

Wolfheart.1938

Do you actually play the game? Have you seen how many veterans are there? I’d say they should be soloable (and they currently are) because they are pretty common, and there are many non-group events involving one or more of them. And having most content soloable is pretty okay especially considering how big our world is and how empty some zones are.

MMO =/= forced grouping everywhere.

(edited by Wolfheart.1938)

Zeldain.5710

Do you actually play the game? Have you seen how many veterans are there? I’d say they should be soloable (and they currently are) because they are pretty common, and there are many non-group events involving one or more of them. And having most content soloable is pretty okay especially considering how big our world is and how empty some zones are.

MMO =/= forced grouping everywhere.

I disagree.

Especially when this game has zero reason to group already.

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

While I applaud the idea that Champions and Vets ought to be worth killing, I have 2 other things to say. 1) Since the purported up to drop rates, I get something from Champs and Vets 95% of the time, versus maybe 20% before. and 2) We ask for better drops, but how many people actually get drops they are going to equip? I can count the times on 1 hand, and all but one of those were greens at low levels.

Loot drops are’nt about what you can equip on that particular toon necessarily, its about where else it can be used.. on an alt or on someone elses toon via the TP….
How many items do you think one toon needs / carries / uses… such a narrow opinion tbh.. there is more than one reason to loot anything in game

Wolfheart.1938

So you are one of those that think that “because I’m social” is not reason enough to group with people, and the game will benefit if we force non-social people into parties?

You may disagree with one of the principles the game is built upon (no forced grouping ) but since the game is already released it’s unrealistic to ask for a U-turn now.

“THIS IS THEIR DESIGN. It would be far, far more terrible to swap out the core group mechanic at this stage of the game’s lifecycle. I’d be concerned for their design aptitude and in fact their very sanity if they changed a core element they’ve established.”

(edited by Wolfheart.1938)

MaRko.3165

While cleaning out my inventory at an encampment a ton of commotion ensued outside – some giant Champ thing was playing ‘bowling ball’ rolling over and defeating dozens of players at a time – I decided to join the fey.

After getting downed/defeated multiple times the rest of the Zerg and I finally defeated the beast only to get – repair bills. No drop. Me thinks next time I’ll ignore it.

I’ll jump in and help if some nasty or mob is protecting a resource node or skill point at least when your done you can get THAT – otherwise why bother?

I think the DR is directly linked to the economy and the TP. Since starting this game over the Thanksgiving holiday my earnings from DR/Salvage is rarely greater than the cost of armor repair/WP usage. Without infusion of PLASTIC I’d still be wandering around in whatever Green gear I could purchase at Karma vendors.

So it would seem to me that this is by design. Ether have your under geared toon carried through endless farm/speed runs of ‘profitable’ game play elements for tokens or coin or get your Plastic out.

Zeldain.5710

So you are one of those that think that “because I’m social” is not reason enough to group with people, and the game will benefit if we force non-social people into parties?

You may disagree with one of the principles the game is built upon (no forced grouping ) but since the game is already released it’s unrealistic to ask for a U-turn now.

“THIS IS THEIR DESIGN. It would be far, far more terrible to swap out the core group mechanic at this stage of the game’s lifecycle. I’d be concerned for their design aptitude and in fact their very sanity if they changed a core element they’ve established.”

It will either force “non-social” people into parties and make friends, and discover the TRUE potential of MMOs, or it will force them out of the game – which is probably what needs to happen if they are truly non-social.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Vets and champs drop nothing very very often. I don’t know what they are checking when they say everything is as it should be but for me nothing is not ok. Add to this the vet jellyfish in the north are bugged so that they reset (without moving out of their leash area) and it is just annoying.

Wolfheart.1938

Just like the thousand of friendships formed in dungeons, right? Yeah that forced grouping works so well for making friends It’s not like we can have group content AND solo content, 99% of the game has to be designed for groups because it’s written in the Holy Bible of MMOs. Bah, I’m done with this.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Loot drops are’nt about what you can equip on that particular toon necessarily, its about where else it can be used.. on an alt or on someone elses toon via the TP….
How many items do you think one toon needs / carries / uses… such a narrow opinion tbh.. there is more than one reason to loot anything in game

I was asking a question, not expressing an opinion.

Posted by: da Marek.5984

da Marek.5984

Today I killed 4 Champions. I soloed each until half heath before one or two other players came. All i got was two stupid blues total

Posted by: Zappix.7928

Zappix.7928

Did the Champion Abomination in Cursed Shore this afternoon with a group of other players. Got the gold medal for it Karma exp and just over 1 silver. Is the Champion supposed to not drop anything? Three of us including me went to loot him but he had nothing… For the amount of time and effort that it took to bring him down it’s not really an incentive to come back and kill him again and this applies to a lot of Champions/Vets that I’ve encountered. Don’t get me wrong this isn’t a whine post or me demanding rare/exotic’s every time but to be honest getting nothing drop from them is a little disheartening and I can empathise with other players that have experienced this.

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

i used to ignore vets/champs… till i got three yellows from two champs in orr right next to each other within 5 minutes

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

I’ve said it before and it is unfortunately true:

It’s odd how a cooperative rpg based on instances, has more incentive to hunt down and kill powerful bosses than a real open world MMORPG, it’s really something that had been bothering me since the first month of release…

1) Elite skills. In Guild Wars 1 bosses were the ONLY way to get Elite skills, at least until Nightfall and Hard Mode was available. In order to get those Elites, you first had to see them in action, as bosses and normal mobs were using the exact same skills available to players. The next time your entire party wipes by a Sandstorm you will WANT to capture it
In Guild Wars 2 we have pathetic Elite Skills on most professions, few are really defining the build someone is using, we have a very limited amount of them AND we have those worthless skill challenges. Instead of some random skill challenge that doesn’t make any sense, players should be focusing on doing events, so end bosses spawn, so they can capture their skills. And on a different subject, Elite skills should feel “elite”, currently on lots of the professions they aren’t (for example Elementalist elites have little to no mixing potential with builds/traits/gear etc)
Suggestion: Maybe they could make some World Bosses award a skill point, much like a skill challenge does? It’s a start, until we get better Elites.

2) Gear. Each boss in Guild Wars 1 had a chance of dropping “Green” weapons, those items were top quality gear (like Exotics) with sometimes unique skins and perfect stats for a build using that particular elite. So if you were lucky you could get both an elite and the gear to use it in one go. Elementalist bosses that used Fire magic for example, would drop Fire Magic gear.
Suggestion: Maybe they should make certain, hard to reach, bosses drop equipment packages like those available with Laurels? Of course without any chance for Exotics.

3) Morale boost. All bosses awarded a morale boost, a +2% on health, it was also the only way to refresh the ressurection signet available to all professions. That Morale Boost was reason enough to kill a boss at times (the “easier” ones at least).
Suggestion: certain, hard to reach, bosses could apply a buff to everyone that participated in killing them, similar to the buff seen in Forest of Niflhel sPVP map, when you kill Svanir/Chieftain. The buff could be a stat boost, or, even a magic find boost for a limited time.

4) Difficulty. Bosses in Guild Wars 1 didn’t have insane health pools. Instead they had resistances to debuffs in Prophecies, and from Factions onwards they had DOUBLE damage. This meant that the most important thing everyone remembered about bosses was the damage, not their hit points. Guild Wars 2 bosses are boring, without cool attacks.
Suggestion: rework all champion bosses to make them more interesting and challenging to fight. Reduce hit points (more than 50% reduction) and instead give “group” bosses an actual group, harder to solo, and tougher for groups. Those groups in Arah Explorable with different mix of professions come to mind, they are excellent for a Boss group.

You are very right, some of the decisions anet has made has made adventuring extremely bland.
The decision to get rid of proffesion specific skill challenges comes to mind. if skill challenges were like they first described, where say you go find a hidden book in an old wizard’s unreachable keep for elementalist, or you metal gear your way past sentry mobs and steel a forgotten key for theif, It would have done a lot to make the game an adventure and stand out. Likewise boss hunting, right now, you see a champion, you just keep going, there is no logicial reason to fight a regular champion, aside from a few places where there is a chest in the room.

The buff idea is a good one, they could give random buffs of shorter duration, that stack with their other buffs, see magic find+ or damage done up, say 15 minutes, or even like kill streak bonuses.

essentially agree with most of what you said, now is the time anet needs to be trying to push their systems with an adventure in mind

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

Not anymore…..

Oh really?

I’ve looked every day for the past week and it has not been there. Once it’s looted, does it disappear to everyone for a time?

Edit: I just went and looked; sure enough, it’s there. Go figure :-/

Posted by: cdsmith.1072

cdsmith.1072

100% agreed. I have been keeping informal track of the drops I get off of veterans and champions and they are not close to what they should be. 91% of the time even with some MF I get nothing.

I could be the soul target of the champion, dodging and evading my butt off while smacking them with a lot of damage and zip, zero, nada. The few times I have gotten a drop from one it has been a porous bone or two.

Now, here is how that affects me as a player. I don’t want to spend the time killing them. It isn’t worth it. I get far more drops and BETTER drops from smacking a chicken ONCE than spending the next minute chasing around a champ or a vet and getting nothing.

I think the problem is the participation algorithm. I think is is majorly broken and they just don’t know how to fix it. I can lay down thousands upon thousands of points of damage on a vet and NOT get credit for a vet kill in the dailies. I can have the vet obsessed with killing me and still not get credit. This points to a broken participation mechanism. ArenaNet had huge problems with this early in release where people would not even get experience for kills. They fixed that but they have not fixed it when it comes to drops.

First and foremost I think vets and champs should not drop junk ever. They are veterans and champions and they are not going to be carrying around a porous bone for Grenth’s sake!

Posted by: fractalKinesis.8569

fractalKinesis.8569

I tend to look for vets sometimes. Not because they drop good loot (they don’t, it’s all trash) but because ones in corners usually hide a rich node, or sometimes a chest.
What I hate are the random champs. Can’t solo them usually, they still don’t drop anything good, and sometimes protect nothing. Just wandering around, getting in the way. That’s a troll.

Xiro, High Five Warriors [HFW], Jade Quarry

Posted by: eaxe.8570

eaxe.8570

I would like to see all drops equal the amount and quality of loot flushed down the MF.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

While cleaning out my inventory at an encampment a ton of commotion ensued outside – some giant Champ thing was playing ‘bowling ball’ rolling over and defeating dozens of players at a time – I decided to join the fey.

After getting downed/defeated multiple times the rest of the Zerg and I finally defeated the beast only to get – repair bills. No drop. Me thinks next time I’ll ignore it.

I’ll jump in and help if some nasty or mob is protecting a resource node or skill point at least when your done you can get THAT – otherwise why bother?

I think the DR is directly linked to the economy and the TP. Since starting this game over the Thanksgiving holiday my earnings from DR/Salvage is rarely greater than the cost of armor repair/WP usage. Without infusion of PLASTIC I’d still be wandering around in whatever Green gear I could purchase at Karma vendors.

So it would seem to me that this is by design. Ether have your under geared toon carried through endless farm/speed runs of ‘profitable’ game play elements for tokens or coin or get your Plastic out.

Sounds like the Abomb champ at the end of Plinx. Most of the time he drops something; often it’s just 1s86c (sometimes a blue) for like, what, 10 minutes of effort? The loot, or absence thereof can only be by design. Loot systems are rules-based and they should understand the loot experience of the common player through simulations. The design may have to do with monetization as improved loot directly affects the bottom line. I don’t know the answer only the problem. We play, in part, to experience reward. It’s not rewarding. Where do we go from here?

Posted by: Cina Reas.6938

Cina Reas.6938

I must have tagged them, I killed them.

Grind Wars 2; the game that ate my brain.

Posted by: Aoshi.4785

Aoshi.4785

If a fix has been implemented, this player hasn’t seen it. Grinding events in orr, each champ and vet I down nets me the same loot as the rest of the mobs, there has been no change. Maybe less yellows, but that’s about it.

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Champion Loot isn’t worth the time, I’ll kill Veterans though.. just cause they’re in my way.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

Posted by: Laufey.5129

Laufey.5129

Many times, Veterans and Champions don’t drop anything for me and if they do, it’s usually a blue or white item. I’ve been paying attention as I read that they improved the drop rate for vets/champions in a patch a while ago – if so, I haven’t noticed much of a change.

I don’t know if it’s because it always spawns at the end of the Plinx event chain (and that has been nerfed, I believe), but the Champion Risen Abomination hardly ever drops anything for me. Maybe one or two times out of ten. Not only is that annoying, it also makes running off to tag some mobs during a different event that much more tempting because I know I won’t miss anything.

It’s absolutely not worth it. Killing vets isn’t and killing champions really, really isn’t unless it’s for an event and even then it’s something I’d consider skipping. Veterans sometimes are in the way so they have to be killed, fair enough, but champions can usually be avoided and so most people do exactly that. I think a big issue is their massive amount of HP. It takes a loooong time to take them down and not only do we not get rewarded, it’s also really boring – especially if you use a ranged weapon. I’ve alt+tabbed out of the game more than once to quickly do something else while auto-attacking the champion.

Posted by: Selebrity.7469

Selebrity.7469

Whatr an enigma! Some players get loo tmost of the time from champs and vets, while others, like me, usually dont get anything. It doesnt matter if I solo it or group it, and I do tons of damage, I wont get nada, well perhaps a porous bone 1/10 times…
Wonder what the secret is.
Anyways Ive decided to not do plinx champ anymore.

MaRko.3165

Sounds like the Abomb champ at the end of Plinx. Most of the time he drops something; often it’s just 1s86c (sometimes a blue) for like, what, 10 minutes of effort? The loot, or absence thereof can only be by design. Loot systems are rules-based and they should understand the loot experience of the common player through simulations. The design may have to do with monetization as improved loot directly affects the bottom line. I don’t know the answer only the problem. We play, in part, to experience reward. It’s not rewarding. Where do we go from here?

I don’t know about the rest of you but for me I have TSW to finish and Crysis3 comes out on the 22nd.

Posted by: Pandeh.5248

Pandeh.5248

I see alot of people agree and it’s just not me. I wonder when anet will do something about this.

I would like to ask Colin; Why do you think killing trash mobs is more important than killing veterans or champions?

If you don’t? Why is it the case?

Posted by: Cole Eyre.8471

Cole Eyre.8471

I agree, OP. I almost never see a drop from a champion and get a drop from a vet only about 40% of the time. I thought champions were supposed to drop something no matter what..

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

i agree most loot is crap in the same time you kill the champ. you can kill a lot mobs and get more and better loot.

This is the truth of it. There’s no reason to kill a champ mob, ever. The only reason kill a vet is if it is in your way (or if it’s for a skill point). Neither has any better loot than a random mob.

I see alot of people agree and it’s just not me. I wonder when anet will do something about this.

I would like to ask Colin; Why do you think killing trash mobs is more important than killing veterans or champions?

If you don’t? Why is it the case?

The thing is if they give you a good drop rate the value of the Gem Store goes down because there will be less people “short-cutting” to get better gear. Why do you think the legendaries are so ridiculously hard to get? To make a more even progression? Kitten no, they’re that way make NCSoft more money.

(edited by Zonzai.2341)

Posted by: Methal.9045

Methal.9045

soloed my first champ. Took me almost 15 minutes.

Got 22 copper.

I’m going to start looking for another MMO play. This one is to….“adhd child friendly”

Posted by: Salt.4621

Salt.4621

I agree with this, have ArenaNet commented on why it’s like it is? Kind of silly for the time and risk involved that they don’t have better loot tables.

“Your face is funny. All squished and weird.”