I want Tengu as the next playable race!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I can’t see us having Tengui. It would be cool, but would call for a reworking of all the armor sets in the game. We might get Largous as they seem to use the human model, but have big wings, nothing new there really, so they would probably be the next.

Out of the “big three” usually requested, you’d be looking at Tengu or Kodan, as far as adaptable design goes.
Tengu were originally panned before Charr were solidified, and they can likely use the same rigs. So new armors for Tengu would be mostly adjusting fit on those that already exist and coming up with cultural ones.
Kodan are basically Norn with bear heads. They’d be the actual easiest to port over, for lack of weird rig structure. Their main problem is, without some ‘subrace’ to provide some color, there would be little to differentiate them.
Largos are barely present. Their wings would interfere 100% with back pieces, and players would complain and complain hard. And there’s no way to resolve it without telling players “suck it up and turn off back items,” which would be kind of insulting.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Tasida.4085

Tasida.4085

If it’s the Tengu from GW1 then yes sign me up. The evolved ones in GW2 just look too odd. GAME ON

Noble Dragons (NOBL) rocking GW’s since 2005 now rocking the Sorrow’s Furnace Server!

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

If it’s the Tengu from GW1 then yes sign me up. The evolved ones in GW2 just look too odd. GAME ON

They are Werebatbirds now.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: OtterPaws.2036

OtterPaws.2036

As much as I like the Largos, I rather not have smol hooman, tol hooman and bloo hooman.

~Hart Warband~
Levi Ironhart, Cassandra Irehart, Lucio Trothart
Discord Gearhart, Naevius Soulhart, Frisk Softhart

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Having never played GW, I’m fine with how the Tengu look in GW2. Having read some of the lore on them, I’d really like to see them as a playable race. There’s some interesting and bitter history there, and I’d love to see more of it brought to light in modern Tyria.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Dantert.1803

Dantert.1803

Yup especially because we still have a big door there in LA and a door is meant to be opened sometimes…. just saying!

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Count me in for Tengu. Largos would not work because they are aquatic. They don’t leave the water. If you like largos, do you like under water combat? From the wiki:
“The largos are an enigmatic aquatic race…” and "The largos purposefully do not interact with land-dwellers. " So let’s break even MORE lore? I’ll pass.

For those of us that want Tengu, I posted this a little over 2 weeks ago:
Really hoped it would have come with HoT. Armor issues? I don’t care about armor. All armor could be hidden and never show on my tengu, as long as I got 6-8 dye channels and some cool character models that are already in game. Outfits don’t work on tengu? Don’t care as long as I get lots of dye channels for my plumage, cool choices for my head plumage and beak and tail. C’mon people, think outside the box here- the possibilities are endless. Don’t care about story. Heck, make it an adventure bought from the gem store like the minis that came with a quest for a level 80 character. The Tengu toon slot comes with a character slot and a back story for your main or an alt to go on a mini adventure to find/rescue/assist a tengu that then becomes your character in the new slot. They only need to fill one zone on the map, add a little back story, and bam- lots of character slots generating revenue for Anet.

Posted by: Tyrannus Blade.3408

Tyrannus Blade.3408

I don’t. I want current races polished more instead, like Armor actually scaling and fitting everyone correctly. Charr need an upright stance option like GW1 Charr Shaman as well still.

Adding a new race would just make things worse.

Yes to all of this! How I wish my Charr would stand straight and have more than a small handful of good looking sets (T3, Vigil). That awkward hunch can’t be good for a Charr’s back.

It would also be nice if there were more 3D models and less shaped 2D textures.

Attachments:

Posted by: Retoree.7853

Retoree.7853

Kodan pls… I want to name/run into a volibear or Grizzly Slash from MMx5

Posted by: Nika.3946

Nika.3946

No , We Don’t want Tengu as the next playable race!
Stupid idea

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Nope….we all want Largos to be the next playable race, none of us want to play an ugly overgrown chicken.

Yes, because blue humans with cosplay wings are awesome?

There is nothing more boring than wasting an entire race on another human with a silly cosplay appendage & face paint. Races should take advantage of as much physical diversity as possible. MMOs have WAY too many human clones. we already have wing backpacks. Might was well just throw in some blue skin effects & we have the same thing.

(edited by DarksunG.9537)

Posted by: SlateSloan.3654

SlateSloan.3654

I still vote for the zombie gorilla kongs of orr. The next add on shall unlock the area north of maguma bringing a gorilla lagoon to all our surprise. Me tarzan you jane

let me entertain you

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

“We?” No Sir, “I” Want Skritt to be the first and next playable race in the next expansion. There you go Anet now make it happen. PLEASE. :-D

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

As long as Races don’t really add significant number of skills to a character for gameplay, then I don’t see any reason to add more.

Posted by: Nidarrock.5692

Nidarrock.5692

I’m all in for Tengu.

Largos are just another humanoid figure, and I agree the wings would certainly interfere with the various back pieces. On top of that, one needs to account for their breathing masks.

In a similar thread awhile back I read how to bring in the Margonites as a playable character. I love the idea and would welcome it over any other humanoid option.

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Everyone wanting Largos are aware they are just another human with wings right? You can make those already.

Tengu would be a better choice and the skeleton is the same as a Charr so the armour conversion won’t be too hard.

Posted by: that baby stealing dingo.7216

that baby stealing dingo.7216

Skritt FTW.

Tengu would be ok.

I have a sword, a dagger, and an estimated life span of 2.47 seconds.

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

Ok so far we have a mice, a cat and a talking cabbage. And now you want a bird poop. I don’t want a new race, I want my 2H axe!

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

I vote for Largos …. though skritt would be fun too

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I don’t. I want current races polished more instead, like Armor actually scaling and fitting everyone correctly.

This. A million times this.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I can’t see us having Tengui. It would be cool, but would call for a reworking of all the armor sets in the game. We might get Largous as they seem to use the human model, but have big wings, nothing new there really, so they would probably be the next.

Out of the “big three” usually requested, you’d be looking at Tengu or Kodan, as far as adaptable design goes.
Tengu were originally panned before Charr were solidified, and they can likely use the same rigs. So new armors for Tengu would be mostly adjusting fit on those that already exist and coming up with cultural ones.
Kodan are basically Norn with bear heads. They’d be the actual easiest to port over, for lack of weird rig structure. Their main problem is, without some ‘subrace’ to provide some color, there would be little to differentiate them.
Largos are barely present. Their wings would interfere 100% with back pieces, and players would complain and complain hard. And there’s no way to resolve it without telling players “suck it up and turn off back items,” which would be kind of insulting.

Yes, because it would be that easy……..

and if you where going to play Largos, then you would already know your wings are going to clip through them, same as every two handed weapon that clips through every back item. Books being the worst offenders.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

“We?” No Sir, “I” Want Skritt to be the first and next playable race in the next expansion. There you go Anet now make it happen. PLEASE. :-D

I want Skritt too!
I guess that makes us We!

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Ok so far we have a mice, a cat and a talking cabbage. And now you want a bird poop. I don’t want a new race, I want my 2H axe!

1.They could simply add two handed axe skins for greatswords or hammers. Greatswords are cooler anyway.

2. I think we should be able to fight while using tonics so why not have Tengu tonics or outfits that look like we have a race change? Charr could be big Tengu, Humans medium Tengu, etc.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I wouldn’t mind Tengu. But I think I would prefer to see either Kodan or Largos first (entirely dependent on which dragon we got at the time).

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

No, we don’t. Personally i don’t want any new playable race, it’s a waste of dev’s time and resources, there’s next to no gameplay in there, but kitten tons of initial work and even more continued work, to make armor for them etc. etc. etc. kittening nightmare and for what? So you could look at omagad feathers for a sec. and then scratch your head, so what to do now? kitten that.

Agemnon.4608

Nuhochs as a playable race would be rad but the problems other than redesigning armors is they’re native to a level 80 zone so you’d need to relocate them elsewhere first unless you start them off at 80. From a lore perspective though how would one justify a sub-80 in an 80 zone? Maybe we could get an underdog story going where he eventually becomes the strongest of the Nuhoch? Wait, there are elite and champion Nuhochs so that isn’t plausible either :( Level 1 is a regular person while level 80 might be Batman level athletic, maybe more though since our characters can outrun bears. Like DBZ our physical strength isn’t tied to our size so Asura and Norn are equally athletic so Nuhoch can get in there.

I don’t know, maybe do Nuhoch outfits instead and call it a day. We already have potions and it’s cool we can glide with them but actually fighting with that form would be awesome.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

New race personal preference line, beggining by the most interesting to the most boring.

Steam Creatures > Skritt > Tengu > Golem > Quaggan > Hylek >> Karka >> Dredge >> Ogre >>> Harpy >>>> Centaur >>>> Grawl >>>> Dwarf >>>>>>>> Krait >>>>>>>>>> Jotun > Moa > Everything Else > Kodan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ooze >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Largos

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

(edited by Ardid.7203)

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

All for it. Been hoping they would add the Tengu in for a while now, and seeing newer ones show up gives me some hope.
That said, I also hope they add in the Kodan as well.
Largos? Meh… Rather lukewarm on them…

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

Is in character creation more space between char and human and between human and rest? or it is me, who really rarely make new characters and forgot how its looked like.

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

But so far as design goes… Largos are just really bad knockoffs of drow. They are supposed to be this society of assassins from the deep ocean yet prior to the awakening of the dragons, had no competition in their realm, their only neighbors being the quaggan, (the krait have kept close to shore since ancient times) no conflict or deity or anything at all to inspire such an odd culture. Their biology makes, no sense, rigid wings would provide absolutely zero propulsion in water. The terrible accents… the monochromatic color scheme, seriously what was the design team on when they thought these things up? Just their combination of attributes makes them sound like they were taken directly from the scribblings of a middle schoolers notebook.

Uh.. you need to read more of largos lore. Because they were not without competition. It’s explicitly mentioned in several places that the largos frequently quarreled with the krait in the ocean depths. There was also a Largos in The Lost Shores who had mentioned past quarry being the karka.

Karka and krait = no competition for largos? Only neighbors were quaggan? Okay.

Their wings aren’t rigid, either. They moved a lot like manta ray fins. The accents are little different from Orrian accents. Didn’t know middle eastern accents are “terrible”.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: Sazaraki.1970

Sazaraki.1970

I want to play as a Centaur. I am sad so few seem to want that

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

Even if I’m not really a fan of Largos, It’s probably a good idea.
I mean, Dev can finally change water mechanics with better one and open an ocean theme expansion (there are a lot of water zones not opened yet) where Largos will be a playable race and start the journey from one of the new maps.

Posted by: Kossage.9072

Kossage.9072

The problem with introducing a new playable race (tengu, kodan, largos etc.) is not only what has been mentioned in this thread already but their implementation into the story itself. Not only would Anet need to cast two actors for the English version (one for male, other for female) but also have additional pairs of actors for the dubbed versions for other localized versions of the game, which is quite costly when you count in fees for voice actors, recording, as well as translating the text not to mention the time needed to make sure that the dialogue is written in such a way that it fits into the UI (as something said in English may have to be conveyed in a different manner in, say, German due to its different grammar).

Then count in the fact how much written and spoken dialogue they’d need for these races that would include not only the race-specific early Personal Story branches (which they’d have to create from scratch) but also the later Personal Story, various Living World seasons and expansions and all the race-specific dialogue options therein.

They’d also have to find an excuse for these new PCs to attend the infamous Destiny’s Edge reunion in LA and get invested in it because, as per lore, the new playable races’ mentor figures can’t be any of the five DE members who already represent the original five races. So there would have to be some other motivation for the new PCs to even care for any of the five DE members to have the final payoff in the Zhaitan campaign to make sense (unlike currently where according to the story we at least care for our race’s mentor figure who also happens to be a DE member).

Not only that, but to keep things consistent with the way the story has been presented in the Personal Story with the existing playable races, Anet would also have to create those animated close-up dialogue scenes between the new race PCs and the NPCs, which would be additional work for content Anet has wanted to move away from.

All of this would require a lot of work from Anet, particularly the writers considering how much text they’d have to write for the story instances and open world to accomodate these new PCs. Even if only a few from the team spent time on it, it’d still eat away time from other ongoing projects like the future expansion and Living World seasons where they’d have to pull that manpower (writers, animators, coders, artists, level designers etc.) from and thus slow down.

So, even though I’d like to see a new playable race appear, I find it far more likely that for the time being Anet will be looking forward instead of backward considering all the trouble they’d have to go through as mentioned above. If we’ll eventually delve deeper into tengu/kodan/largos etc. lore, I expect us to see it from their NPCs’ point of view in their respective home cities rather than through their eyes as playable characters.

Agemnon.4608

That’s a problem with gaming in general, all those voice actors and actresses costs money, money that gets diverted from level design and more intricate mechanics.

The above post is also why I advocate for outfits that replace your character with another race. It’s like you’re playing a Nuhoc (or other Hylek) but can unequip the suit and go back to being a Norn or whatever for example. This can also work for werewolves and kodan too.

(edited by Agemnon.4608)

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Skritt before any others.

~EW

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

If you check geography, you’d notice that Dominion of Winds (current tengu homeland) abuts Caledon Forest (levels 1-15) and Kessex Hills (levels 25-35) which is in line with all other starter zones.

I’m willing to bet that playable Tengu is either on the “at some point in the future” shelf, or on the “we where going to do this but cut it” shelf.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Posted by: Aufero.2893

Aufero.2893

If we ever see a new playable race, I’d be much more interested in Kodan.

Posted by: CaptainVanguard.4925

CaptainVanguard.4925

Frankly theres an easy way “around” the idea of the DE stuff and the current personal story:

Simply give the races their own personal story from 1-80 cut into 10 level segments.

This would also add an opportunity to add more than one race, possibly Tengu “and” Largos if were talking deep sea dragon, since it would allow both to have a story “specific” to them that lets them bypass all the previous personal story.

But What about HoT?

Again, this would be “tied” to their personal story, they would have a segment in HoT that would lead on “into” what ever new expansion content there is for those at end game.

An idea I would have is if they made season 3 involve Tengu and Largos suddenly, possibly have the Tengu wall collapse near LA (using the d’alessio seaboard as a small hub for Tengu interaction) we could learn the Tengu/Largos have had an uneasy truce forming their “own” version of the pact.

This gives us a perfect story excuse, the Tengu/Largos could have a flashback story that involves level 1-80 in their starting zone, they level rather rapidly as their starting zone carries them from level 1-40, their early advantage gives them a fast way to catch up to the other races.

From there they have “open world” segments that involve season 3 tie ins sort of a prequal to season 3 and a side-story tied to it.

We find the Tengu/Largos helping us in post HoT stuff thats tied to HoT regions, then everyone mutually moves forwards into deep sea dragon territory.

(Personally id like a break from the dragon plot myself but it could be an idea if were still going with that).

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Tengu!!! I want to know what’s going on in their huge city!

I want to play as a Centaur. I am sad so few seem to want that

A centaur’s death cry sounds like a diseased harpy dying of a colonic irrigation gone wrong. Do you really want your toon making that kind of noise?

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

I’m willing to bet that playable Tengu is either on the “at some point in the future” shelf, or on the “we where going to do this but cut it” shelf.

We actually know (courtesy of the art book) that it was the latter, but it’s probably the former as well. Though, yeah, there are some problems with it.

I can see the personal story thing just getting in the way… a lot of re-recording of lines for old content that I’m not sure players would be that excited to play again (but I could be wrong). The armor skins is the other thing.

So I wouldn’t be surprised if, should ANet eventually add a playable race, they make some sacrifices – if it has a significantly different mesh (most HoT tengu seem to – they don’t have the charr pose anymore), they might just not get the old armor skins (“armor skin unusable by your race”), and their personal story might just be something new for the corresponding expansion – not including original GW2, LS S1/S2, or HoT.

So, there’d be some less style choice, some less content – although it’d still get the new stuff – but the race is there and playable. Personally, I don’t think I’d object to that.

The glider stuff has changed the calculus a little from last time the “next playable race” discussion was going around. It’s pretty funny that the so-called “flightless” tengu would, um, actually get wings – and it also adds a new thing to the “wouldn’t this be ridiculous for centaurs?” basket. Pegataurs?

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Nope….we all want Largos to be the next playable race, none of us want to play an ugly overgrown chicken.

Largos wings wouldn’t work players would complain about clipping issues (i.e. Charr tail) and Anet would get more back lash over that. So, I’m for Largos but don’t see it happening due to existing armor sets and players getting angry over it. However, Tengu seems to be a viable option imo.

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Yes! Count me in as “we”. I want tengu as playable race and have in fact already made a namesave for it! Waiting with patience.
The tengu NPC’s have evolved (posture, feathers, colors and idle movements), and so have the mini…. see any clues? And imagine what u can do in character Creation with feathers… The possibilities are almost endless! (far more than u’d ever be able to with Kodan or Largos).

Kima & Co

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Tengu have all the cards for a new playable race.

They have a rich history, a capital city, advanced culture, the possibility of internal dissenting factions like Quetzal, Sensali or Avicara, unique traits, and the greatest potential for customization.

The runner up would be largos. That are shrouded in mystery but show lots of possibilities.
But their dorsal fins limit them greatly. Unless those are actually a cultural back item, or playable largos lose them in their starting instance after a great battle or for being exiled for refusing an assassination or something like that, their fins would get in the way of back items and gliders, making their models incompatible with being a playable race.
But make those a cultural back/glider, we could give each race their own, purchased with some gold at their cities, and their main hindrance is gone.

Then you have Kodan and Dwarves. The other two ‘major’ races.

Kodan do not have one great city, but many small ones, and have been displaced for their homes, making them lose their starting area. But that pales next to them all being polar bears. Inspired by the armored polar bears from the Golden Compass, they all look like polar bears. And that reduces their possibilities of customization to nearly 0.

Dwarves have an even greater problem. They got turned to stone completely, clothes and all. Ogden hasn’t changed his clothes in over 250 years. It’s not like with sylvari shaped plant clothes that they can remove. With dwarves the clothes are part of them now.

Any tribal race is out of the question. Like Grawl or Ogres.

Then you could have other rare possibilities, like Razah gathering other creatures made from the Mists like him in a city in the Mists. Or the survivors of Rata Novus ending up a inhospitable place after a failed teleportation, and having to resort to turning themselves into a race of golem-like creatures (Taimi could unergo that process too to get a new body). Or djinss from Elona, or even Palawa’s mummified undead.

But considering any new race would mean two more complete sets of voicework, new races are very unlikely, and Tengu the only one with enough tickets to become one.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

A centaur’s death cry sounds like a diseased harpy dying of a colonic irrigation gone wrong. Do you really want your toon making that kind of noise?

My first thought was to ask if you had an audio clip of a diseased harpy dying in such fashion. Fortunately, I had a second thought, which was that there are some things it might be better not to know. :O

Agemnon.4608

Yes! Count me in as “we”. I want tengu as playable race and have in fact already made a namesave for it! Waiting with patience.
The tengu NPC’s have evolved (posture, feathers, colors and idle movements), and so have the mini…. see any clues? And imagine what u can do in character Creation with feathers… The possibilities are almost endless! (far more than u’d ever be able to with Kodan or Largos).

Why can’t we have pink Kodan?

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

[…]

Why can’t we have pink Kodan?

Because all Kodan are Polar bears, that means black skin, colorless fur. The only notably different kodan are the Voices, that have patters painted all over. But those are so rare that we can’t have an entire race of them.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Thornwolf.9721

Thornwolf.9721

Grawl, Ogres, Jotun.

Reason being is because i dont foresee them adding anything similar to anything we already have, while tengu seem logical and due to their new character model (( look at the guild hall tengu)) i actually think they will be it. However I do feel that Ogres, Jotun or even grawl would be interesting due to their structure and how they move as is. That paired with their lore we could get a very interesting back story, the Jotun could be of your uniting the tribes into one working society and becoming their king . For ogres it would be that your hunting party/clan was killed by elder dragon minions and you are out for blood. Tengu your following the four winds to fight against the corruption and evil of the elder dragons, ect ect.

They dont need to give us multiple choices, start them at level 80 with a set of gear made for their race and have a mini episode or two following what happened and how they became commander of the pact. Then start the storymode around the level 50 point where your working to go against zaitan. This removes the issues of starting zones instead you start in a instances tutorial of sorts or more a small story mode, which leads to your characters story. Lore, and multitude of other things would come with this. At this point few people are not level 80 and the way around handing new players a max level character is make it required you would have to of beaten the ORIGINAL campaign on a single character and you can play as this race. This forces people to play the game, and rewards them for it with a small reward of playing a new race.

In short, One personal story path with a two episode(living story style) origin that leads into your story in the main campaign. Level 50 or potentially level 80 from the start, and thus removing the need for a starting zone. Reward the player at the end of each episode with cultural armor one for each. they would be exotics with you choosing the stats you want, while also acquiring the skins. The third cultural could come from beating the original story mode with the new character, thus concluding your collection. Since there are only three armor types, i dont see why this would be a problem once so ever.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I think before Arena Net can even put their hand into making a new playable race, they will need to adress the many temporal inconsistencies in the game.

IMO, the most probable scenario is an expansion fully advancing GW2 in time to a date a few years after the Mordremoth fight. I can imagine them creating a whole new set of PS shorter and more culture specific, similar to the first arch of the actual PS, without involving anything major about the Pact, Dragons or metastory.

Only that way they could fully control what happen in the world again, including (but not limited to) new races, further story archs, more dragons, new continents, etc.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Thornwolf.9721

Thornwolf.9721

I think before Arena Net can even put their hand into making a new playable race, they will need to adress the many temporal inconsistencies in the game.

IMO, the most probable scenario is an expansion fully advancing GW2 in time to a date a few years after the Mordremoth fight. I can imagine them creating a whole new set of PS shorter and more culture specific, similar to the first arch of the actual PS, without involving anything major about the Pact, Dragons or metastory.

Only that way they could fully control what happen in the world again, including (but not limited to) new races, further story archs, more dragons, new continents, etc.

I doubt that they will do this due to primordus, jormag and kraka being awake at the current time. They brought up alot of issues the races face in the summit, and i feel as though perfectly they could do something i nthe living story leading to us dealing with a few of them. Killing off the flame legion, sons of svanir ect ect.

However it would be interesting to see if they made it so a commander was in your place in the original story, skipping it and placing new races in place so you take up the old commanders sword to fight the dragons while also having your own vedetta.

I just really like the idea of playing a jotun who looks different, perhaps one brought back from the mist who unites the tribes. It seems very reminiscent of a conan story and i like that, makes you feel as though you did even more than what most characters do. Would also give us a chance to see a female jotun, though we would need to look different and feel different due to being a Jotun of old.

Attachments:

Agemnon.4608

I thought Jotun were a tribe of Norn? They also look too human, we need different looking races if they’re adding some. Kodan, Tengu, and Nuhoc seem to fit the bill for different. In the Kodan or Nuhoc’s case they’re so big maybe a preteen version could be our character? Small enough not to inconvenience other players too much while being big enough to be plausible members of those races.