I want more optimal roles for PvE Dungeons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I want more optimal roles for PvE dungeons.

I hate how limited the roles are in both PvP and PvE in this game. I have invested much time and money into this game on the potential that the developers would get a wake up call.

but I still dont see changes, or even acknowledgement from the developers that changes are to come.

WvW was the appealing aspect of the game that got me attached, but that was completely abandoned, and over time certain servers were abandoned because of this.

I am left with either EoTM Player vs Keeplord, or PvE now.
And the PvE simply isnt appealing when I am limited to a few builds and roles to be optimal for playing with others.

how about some change. Enough with the Living Story stuff for a while, and put some of those minds into making the gameplay better and more fun for the players. Bring back some of the old Meta-Events from a while back if you need to buy more time from the playerbase. that would at least hold our attention until you improve the gameplay.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

The professions are already elastic enough to cover a variety of roles within each if people want to trait that way. I’m not sure if its really needed.

And you’ve been quiet. I was wondering if you’d quit.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Enough with the Living Story stuff for a while, and put some of those minds into making the gameplay better and more fun for the players.

Most players are screaming out for new content, lots of new content. They have been asking for more zones and the Living Story has given Dry Top and the Silverwastes, both well designed zones with better game play and some fun to be had. (Dry Top is one of the best MMO zones I’ve ever seen for casual play). I’m guessing that players want more regular content of that standard rather than the return of “Fire and Frost”.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

You might want to be more specific about what you are suggesting. Reading your post I have zero idea what you are wanting and I imagine a dev reading this will prob be the same without some more specific proposals. being put forward.

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

OP please post again when you are sobered up.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

You might want to be more specific about what you are suggesting. Reading your post I have zero idea what you are wanting and I imagine a dev reading this will prob be the same without some more specific proposals. being put forward.

He is being rather vague however the general vibe I got was he wants more generally ‘acceptable’ build(role) variety. Sure there are tons of combinations that can function at some level but what is generally acceptable to the community at large is small (in PvE) and it is directly related to how content and encounters are designed and the efficiency or inefficiency of said builds(roles dps[power,condi], support[boons,heals,cc]) vs that content.

(edited by NeuroMuse.1763)