I wonder this new monthly achievement.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Yurion.2501

Yurion.2501

Why I have to use materials for achievement? I have collecting materials for when I really needed them. I feel it’s waste.

Posted by: Levistis.8356

Levistis.8356

People complain about anything now…you can craft 250 bronze ingots -.-

Magummadweller

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Say I’m still stuck at work, can someone share?

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Tekno.3027

Tekno.3027

You can’t,it needs to be Masterwork quality or higher.

“Don’t be a slow poke, Mr. B. Angels don’t wait for slow pokes.”

Posted by: Screaming Cantaloupe.2308

Screaming Cantaloupe.2308

You can’t refine to get the monthly, I tried.

Posted by: XxTAFxX.6741

XxTAFxX.6741

I’m happy with this monthly tbh.
Don’t have to do dungeons

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

1) Buy Silver.
2) Buy Nuggets
3) Make 40 Intricate Jewels (filigree + nugget)
4) Move on.

Total Cost = ~40 silver

Posted by: Zorac.1723

Zorac.1723

Sorry but wrong.

1) Level 3 crafter
2) I don’t craft
3) I only WvW, monthly/daily are supposed to be able to be done while I play, this cannot be
4) I don’t craft

For those that love to craft good for you. For those that do it because you don’t care, great you get your credit. But there is a very large PvP (sPvP and WvW) player base that has not lvled crafting at all nor do we want to. That isn’t why we play and we should not be forced to do something we get no enjoyment out of.

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

I spend 99% of my time in WvW. I was a level 20-something Jeweler before tonight as my highest crafting skill (only refined copper for daily crafting).

It took me a total of 20 minutes to figure how to craft a masterwork + buy stuff off TP + craft it all in order to finish the monthly. 20 minutes on the first day.

If that is worth complaining about then I don’t want to live on this planet anymore. First world problem, seriously.

[AoN] All or Nothing

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

1) Buy Silver.
2) Buy Nuggets
4) Move on.

Total Cost = ~40 silver

- Is it only 40 items?
Edit: LOL it really is! I thought I’d have to make those ridiculously expensive 8x rare material crafts on huntsman. Easiest monthly ever.

(edited by Zenith.6403)

Xirin.8593

1) Buy Silver.
2) Buy Nuggets
4) Move on.

Total Cost = ~40 silver

- Is it only 40 items?

Yes, 40 crafted Masterworks.

[AoN] All or Nothing

Unspecified.9142

1) Buy Silver.
2) Buy Nuggets
4) Move on.

Total Cost = ~40 silver

- Is it only 40 items?

And they don’t have to be completed rings/earrings/necklaces. Just the intricate jewels is enough for credit.

Xirin.8593

1) Buy Silver.
2) Buy Nuggets
4) Move on.

Total Cost = ~40 silver

- Is it only 40 items?

And they don’t have to be completed rings/earrings/necklaces. Just the intricate jewels is enough for credit.

Yep, that’s exactly what I did.

[AoN] All or Nothing

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

You can even craft Bronze Plated Dowels (that’s what? Level 50 crafting?) and it counts.

This is possibly the easiest and ‘play-friendly’ monthly we’ve had so far:

• Veterans – Events and Guards in WvW.
  • Events – Done anyway, everywhere.
  • Crafting – 40 Plated Dowels and pow.
  • Dailies – Possibly the most difficult part, given all the complaints about the new dailies.
Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: VidGhost.3215

VidGhost.3215

Can you do it with cooking? level 80 food?

Posted by: Diy.5296

Diy.5296

Sorry but wrong.

1) Level 3 crafter
2) I don’t craft
3) I only WvW, monthly/daily are supposed to be able to be done while I play, this cannot be
4) I don’t craft

For those that love to craft good for you. For those that do it because you don’t care, great you get your credit. But there is a very large PvP (sPvP and WvW) player base that has not lvled crafting at all nor do we want to. That isn’t why we play and we should not be forced to do something we get no enjoyment out of.

This is the same lame arguement, people use to use when the monthly included 50 WvW kills. Sometimes, you have to do stuff you don’t want to do to obtain the rewards you want, it’s that simple. It’s impossible to cater to everyone’s exact gameplay style, WvW upsets some, dungeons upsets others, and apparently crafting upsets you. I don’t however remember ever reading that dailies and monthlies are suppose to be obtained by everyone no matter what they choose to do in game. They changed up the monthly achievements so some people who may not normally complete them because it is so against the playstyle may have a chance this month, and then next month they will change again to give other types of players something more to their liking.

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Can you do it with cooking? level 80 food?

Not aware of any cooking recipes being green or higher apart from the Gifts.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

Sorry but wrong.

1) Level 3 crafter
2) I don’t craft
4) I don’t craft

So you do fractals and dungeons then? because anyone who doesn’t has not been able to complete the monthly since September or October…and anyone who doesn’t WvW on top of that has never been able to complete it.

We need choices just like the daily.

Posted by: fayola.8091

fayola.8091

copper ones work too!

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

This isn’t bad, 5 iron ingots, nothing special.

Edit: Retracted, it’s a horrible idea. It was a karma recipe so you can’t sell, disassemble or do anything useful with it. Unless you happen to be level 25 with 40 fingers.

(edited by notebene.3190)

Posted by: Yurion.2501

Yurion.2501

1) Buy Silver.
2) Buy Nuggets
4) Move on.

Total Cost = ~40 silver

I doing it and done. I didn’t lose a lot of pain.

Zorac.1723

Great personal attacks guys, way to be mature.

Just so you know I did what Unspecified.9142 suggested, its done.

Took me a bit and I am still waiting to get back into WvW because I had to leave to do it. (Our BL was full so no I could not move there to do it)

What you all don’t understand is that BECAUSE people complained about having to do WvW to get their monthly Anet changed it and because of other similar complaints made it so that people could do various things from a list, yet for monthly we don’t have that option. It may come later, but its not here either by design or by omission it doesn’t matter, it simply isn’t here.

It isn’t a matter of how fast you can do something or how simple or complicated it is. Anet has said they want daily/monthly to be something you accomplish during your normal gameplay. When people that hate PvP couldn’t get monthlies done because of the WvW requirement they looked at it and made a change. Now they have made a change in the opposite direction, there are a lot of people, so far 90% of my guild (the other 10% either did it or haven’t logged today) that do not do anything other than PvP and will not do anything other than PvP because that is why they play. So what if you don’t like that, that’s what they like. And now once again Anet is stopping them from getting their monthly because no they haven’t gotten monthly if it meant anything other than WvW.

All we want is to be able to play the way that we have fun all the time. Isn’t that why you play a game? It doesn’t matter if its an hour or 10 minutes that is taken away from our game experience, because it has still been taken away.

As for “not being required” well, how else am I or others going to keep up with everyone else getting ascended items if we can’t do the monthly everyone that doesn’t mind wasting a little time and crafting can do?

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Sorry but wrong.

1) Level 3 crafter
2) I don’t craft
4) I don’t craft

A monthly is supposed to include everything that is in PVE. It’s also not a thing you have to complete, it’s optional. If you don’t complete the monthly because you don’t craft it’s your own problem and your own choice.

Posted by: blanketfreak.8913

blanketfreak.8913

To all the people that say suck it up its only 40 crafting items. I hope next month daily has 500 WvW kills and 100 spvp kills to complete it and watch who cries…..

(edited by blanketfreak.8913)

Posted by: StormageddonBK.9842

StormageddonBK.9842

To all the people that say suck it up its only 40 crafting items. I hope next month daily has 500 WvW kills and 100 spvp kills to complete it and watch who cries…..

hahaha, that’s how I feel :P

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

1) Buy Silver.
2) Buy Nuggets
4) Move on.

Total Cost = ~40 silver

Exactly what i did heh

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

yes because crafting 35 seconds worth of items is totally the same as spending 100+ hours in WvW….

It takes me longer to LOAD into WvW then it did to finish the crafting part of the monthly

Troll harder

Posted by: Zappix.7928

Zappix.7928

@ blanketfreak in the early days of GW2 monthly achievements W3 kills was there quite a few times from what I recall. People complained and were told to suck it up/don’t have to do it/no ones forcing you rhetoric.

Posted by: blanketfreak.8913

blanketfreak.8913

@ blanketfreak in the early days of GW2 monthly achievements W3 kills was there quite a few times from what I recall. People complained and were told to suck it up/don’t have to do it/no ones forcing you rhetoric.

Ya i was there when wvw kills were in the monthly. Been hear since head start and read the forums everyday and because people cried back then we havent seen wvw kills since. So if enough of us wvw complain we might win too or the should add wvw kills back in then because that the only fair way.

Posted by: Cierdwyn.4675

Cierdwyn.4675

You know there IS a Monthly that is PvP specifice .. yes?

I haven’t seen anyone PvE inclined thrashing on the floor boohooin’ that they can’t do the PvP Monthly because it’s got PvP stuff in it. That’d just be …….. silly. ahaha

I couldn’t understand why they stuck a PvP type requirement into what is the PvE Monthly .. but didn’t include a PvE requirement with the PvP Monthly. The screams would have been deafening I am sure.

I actually didn’t get a monthly in again until this February because of Fractals being included .. dungeons are NOT my thing .. but .. I sucked it up like a good li’l buttercup and ventured in with friends who are doing them …. it wasn’t so bad and I got it done! Had there been a WvW req it would have been another missed month as I haven’t really enjoyed my trips into WvW territory … people screaming obscenities over my nearly dead avvie while going in for the ‘finish them’ move … um .. no more .. thanks. O_O

This month looks even better!! It’s definately PvE friendly in the best sense and I’m going to actually enjoy finishing this one up!

(edited by Cierdwyn.4675)

Zorac.1723

I disagreed with WvW kills being required too. Even though it didn’t affect me cause that 50 kill ( I think that is what you needed if I remember right) I would get in an hour or so. Its the idea of having to do something outside of what you regularly do. My motto is always been, no matter the game, the only wrong way to play is the way you don’t have fun. Crafting isn’t fun for me, so I don’t like to do it. It doesn’t matter if it takes 5 minutes or 5 seconds I don’t like it plain and simple.

When people had the same complaint about the WvW requirement from past monthlies I told them “Sorry, nothing I can do, but maybe if you raise the issue on the forum Anet will change it” and they did. So now here I am raising the issue. I am thinking and crossing my fingers that they plain on adding a choice to monthly like they have done to dailys. Like your choice of 4 out of 7 or 8 things. Which would be fine, but they did it in the wrong order by putting a requirement not everyone would want to do in before giving us that ability to chose (assuming they do).

To Cierdwyn, the reward for PvP monthly is tourny tickets. So there is no point to doing those unless you are into sPvP. The reward for normal daily/monthly is Laurels which you need in order to get Ascended gear. Big difference there.

(edited by Zorac.1723)

Posted by: Cierdwyn.4675

Cierdwyn.4675

You stated above that you ‘only WvW’ …

“Zorac.1723: Sorry but wrong.

3) I only WvW, monthly/daily are supposed to be able to be done while I play, this cannot be"

IF you dislike PvE so much there ARE other ways of getting Ascended gear .. like actually running Fractals dungeons. Jumping daily/monthly PvE hoops for Laurels to get Ascended anything seems counter to doing what you enjoy. It is not as if this requirement (crafting this time) was added to the PvP monthly.

Don’t fall back on the ol’ I only WvW/PvP and then complain about not being able to get something that is attainable via effort in the PvE world. I never complained about the WvW requirement .. I just said ‘nope .. not gonna happen’ and stuck with my dailies. I did kvetch a lot about dungeons though .. I just kept it to this side of my keyboard. hehe

I never thought I’d see the day that I would say this .. but .. seriously .. I kinda like running a Fractals set .. you might too AND you build up the tokens pretty quickly. And I am offering this suggestion in the nicest way I can.

(edited by Cierdwyn.4675)

Posted by: Starfall.6813

Starfall.6813

Great personal attacks guys, way to be mature.

Just so you know I did what Unspecified.9142 suggested, its done.

Took me a bit and I am still waiting to get back into WvW because I had to leave to do it. (Our BL was full so no I could not move there to do it)

What you all don’t understand is that BECAUSE people complained about having to do WvW to get their monthly Anet changed it and because of other similar complaints made it so that people could do various things from a list, yet for monthly we don’t have that option. It may come later, but its not here either by design or by omission it doesn’t matter, it simply isn’t here.

It isn’t a matter of how fast you can do something or how simple or complicated it is. Anet has said they want daily/monthly to be something you accomplish during your normal gameplay. When people that hate PvP couldn’t get monthlies done because of the WvW requirement they looked at it and made a change. Now they have made a change in the opposite direction, there are a lot of people, so far 90% of my guild (the other 10% either did it or haven’t logged today) that do not do anything other than PvP and will not do anything other than PvP because that is why they play. So what if you don’t like that, that’s what they like. And now once again Anet is stopping them from getting their monthly because no they haven’t gotten monthly if it meant anything other than WvW.

All we want is to be able to play the way that we have fun all the time. Isn’t that why you play a game? It doesn’t matter if its an hour or 10 minutes that is taken away from our game experience, because it has still been taken away.

As for “not being required” well, how else am I or others going to keep up with everyone else getting ascended items if we can’t do the monthly everyone that doesn’t mind wasting a little time and crafting can do?

I have never once completed the Monthly in this game, due to the WvW kills element. It wasn’t “something I could accomplish during my normal gameplay.” Did you hear me complaining? No. If I wanted to do it, I would have done it, but it wasn’t how I wanted to spend my time in the game, so I didn’t. Get over it.

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

How high do tiers go? Is it 100 dynamic events?

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Posted by: Dingle.2743

Dingle.2743

100 events, 100 veterans, craft 40 masterwork (green) or higher items, 5 dailies.

Once you’ve finished your daily and can see the Monthly list in the UI, you can mouse-over each element there to see the real totals, without anything hidden by the whole tiers thing.

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

People really will find anything to complain about.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

I made bronze Masterwork jewels, total cost? 0g. Buy the copper setting/chain and jewel from TP, sell the crafted jewel back to merchant. Easiest monthly ever.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

While I do feel your pain (I’m more into WvW and I don’t do dungeons or fractals….that’s just not my thing), the crafting one is super easy. I actually don’t mind it at all.

However, Anet could solve all these problems by implementing what they were supposed to implement….an ability to choose which monthlies you want to do just like the dailies. And it WAS supposed to be in game. When the patch launched there was even a message stating that you “only need to do a subset of the dailies or MONTHLIES”. It specifically said monthlies….yet here we are at reset without the ability to choose. Very disappointing.

I mean I am happy with this monthly. It means I’ll actually get to do it for once. But next month I expect the same old dungeon and/or fractal requirement which means no monthlies once again. Now before laurels I didn’t care about it. But with the implementation of laurels it’s kind of a big deal now. That’s why we need choice. Please put it in Anet. Please. I’ll send you cookies!

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

The monthly rotates. I have missed some because of the fractal/dungeon requirements. Not everyone likes WvW, but we’ve had that in the monthly too. If you want to get every single monthly, then you have to suck it up and maybe do things you don’t like doing. I’m sure it will rotate back around to stuff you like.

Posted by: My Dead Characters.9517

My Dead Characters.9517

You stated above that you ‘only WvW’ …

“Zorac.1723: Sorry but wrong.

3) I only WvW, monthly/daily are supposed to be able to be done while I play, this cannot be"

IF you dislike PvE so much there ARE other ways of getting Ascended gear .. like actually running Fractals dungeons. Jumping daily/monthly PvE hoops for Laurels to get Ascended anything seems counter to doing what you enjoy. It is not as if this requirement (crafting this time) was added to the PvP monthly.

Don’t fall back on the ol’ I only WvW/PvP and then complain about not being able to get something that is attainable via effort in the PvE world. I never complained about the WvW requirement .. I just said ‘nope .. not gonna happen’ and stuck with my dailies. I did kvetch a lot about dungeons though .. I just kept it to this side of my keyboard. hehe

I never thought I’d see the day that I would say this .. but .. seriously .. I kinda like running a Fractals set .. you might too AND you build up the tokens pretty quickly. And I am offering this suggestion in the nicest way I can.

fractals= another form of PvE. dumb argument cierdwyn. if something is PvE obviously, why do you suggest it when our friend Zorac specifically said he/she ONLY DOES WVW/PVP. anything that is not pvp is pve.

Commander Legends of Woe
fissure of woe
Leader of legends of traumatic stuff[LoTs]

Posted by: Feida.2163

Feida.2163

Here’s a idea for you guys. Why not see if Anet could make it so that the pvp monthly gives laurels to. Would save everyone from these threads to begin with. Just saying.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

It literally takes more time to post on these forums than it does to do that part of the monthly.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

This is the first monthly I will have an opportunity to get.

For months I have not had one that was something I could do.

So, I have been “sucking it up” for a while now.

How about I throw out the second most used response in these forums:

“Dude, its a challenge!”

For me? I say a big THANK YOU to Arenanet for giving ME my FIRST monthly.

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

You have a month to do it. Good lord.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Im hoping they stop these ones to be honest. I dont really see how it could be an achievement for me to craft X amount of masterworks or higher if I have already maxed out crafting. I mean, if I hadn’t already maxed crafting it would be an achievement, but this is just a sink.

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

But this is the problem with this particular task in the monthly. Had it just required making fine (blue) items or better, players would probably be thinking “hey, this is a good time to work on my blahblah crafting a little”.

Instead, because the requirement is masterwork, we’re all trying to game the system by making pointless, cheap items.

Posted by: Zappix.7928

Zappix.7928

Ya i was there when wvw kills were in the monthly. Been hear since head start and read the forums everyday and because people cried back then we havent seen wvw kills since. So if enough of us wvw complain we might win too or the should add wvw kills back in then because that the only fair way.

Maybe. Try it? But I’m confident that more people will come out and complain when there is a w3 monthly requirement. I think further along the lines we may be able to pick and choose our monthlies…

Posted by: Orion the Cursed.1206

Orion the Cursed.1206

100 events, 100 veterans, craft 40 masterwork (green) or higher items, 5 dailies.

Once you’ve finished your daily and can see the Monthly list in the UI, you can mouse-over each element there to see the real totals, without anything hidden by the whole tiers thing.

For me, i think the hardest to achieve is 100 vets… Playing causally will probably take me about 20 days.

Unspecified.9142

For me, i think the hardest to achieve is 100 vets… Playing causally will probably take me about 20 days.

If killing enough vets is a problem you could try farming this mini dungeon:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tears_of_Itlaocol

Also gets the maguuma veterans for the daily done really fast.

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

I think we’re going to be able to choose what to do for the monthly in the future too, like we do for dailies now.