I would really like some "sexy" gear skins

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

We have provocative armors, they’re not they majority, nor should they ever be. There are plenty of awful korean games like Aion that have proven that. And they should be (and can be) well designed regardless of how much skin they show.

But for cripes sake we just got an armor which consists of blue body paint and strategically placed jewelry, what on earth do you have to complain about?

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Rens.9870

Rens.9870

I would like some more skin showing armor for male medium armor users! imo we’re having it the worst because almost everything is a coat or a buttcape. The only armor I can think of that shows SOME skin is human T3, norn T1+2 & Order of Whispers armor and that’s like only the arms.. except for norn T2

So please! give us more skin showing armor for MALES without coats or buttcapes but just PANTS.

(edited by Rens.9870)

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Long story short: the pics in this thread prove OP wrong… There’s ton of “sexy” armor around it that’s your thing…

No, there isn’t a “ton”.

Oh and for the record, since my main is Charr, I would like to state that desiring more armor sets that show off the Charr body/fur combos more doesn’t mean we all want them in “thongs” and “bondage” ware, tyvfm.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

We have provocative armors, they’re not they majority, nor should they ever be. There are plenty of awful korean games like Aion that have proven that. And they should be (and can be) well designed regardless of how much skin they show.

But for cripes sake we just got an armor which consists of blue body paint and strategically placed jewelry, what on earth do you have to complain about?

I don’t think everyone considers that skimpy. I’ve always thought of it as some armor that makes you look like a default statue or something it gives the wearer blue glowy sparkly skin. Because of this I’ve never really though of zodaic armor as revealing, blue sparkly skin just doesn’t register with me.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I would like some more skin showing armor for male medium armor users! imo we’re having it the worst because almost everything is a coat or a buttcape. The only armor I can think of that shows SOME skin is human cultural T3 & Order of Whispers armor and that’s like only the arms..

So please! give us more skin showing armor for MALES without coats or buttcapes but just PANTS.

Norn aren’t afraid to show some skin for their medium armor…

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Because that’s not to everyone’s taste ?

A lot of players here aren’t asking skimpy armor for the sake of being skimpy. When they say revealing, they don’t mean a plunging necklines. They sometime simply wants to have arms that aren’t covered. Or skirts that don’t come with tights/slim pants. Not kitten skirts, simple skirts.
And that Celestial armor, for female light, is one of the ugliest armor I can think of in this game. Not necesarily because of the body paint (it doesn’t help) but because it’s not really sexy. Yes it’s skimpy, no doubt there. But I don’t want my character to be dress in something that even a prostitute wouldn’t wear, nor do I want my character to be dress like a nun or anything she’s going to die from over-heating when killing monsters in the sun after a long day of running and jumping around.

Saying “you have this armor, just shut up and wear it” would be like players saying to people who complain about too much skimpy outfits “you have the Devout armor, just wear it”.

People love to mention how “armor should be armor” and “you need protection” well try diving, jumping, running in jungles with the Seer armor. We’ll see how practical it is.
Point is : drop the kittening “it’s not real” and all “real life” examples. In your examples, your precious little soldiers didn’t have to swim in frozen lakes then jump through levitating stones in a jungle environment before running around in a desert that’s been underwater for centuries, all in exactly the same armor.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

…I’m just gonna go ahead and leave this here.

http://i.imgur.com/J1XHqTK.jpg

Just saying, the vast majority of the attire that’s available on this game is what I’d expect to see on strippers. I really am baffled how you think otherwise. :P

lol.

gw2 is like a nunnery, it’s not stripperific at all.

Actually… the female light armors are pretty skimpy, and the Female Heavy Faction armors feature gratuitous exposure. I wish the male light armors matched!

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

A little cleavage and back showing isn’t skimpy.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Sartharina.3542

A little cleavage and back showing isn’t skimpy.

Compared to what the males get, it is! And, the part most people find offensive about revealing outfits is gratuitous exposure (Of the back and chest, in this case), more than lack of coverage. A woman in a long gown that exposes half of one leg, a plunging neckline, and fluffy sleeves is perceived as ‘skimpier’ than a woman in shorts and a T-shirt, though the latter is covering less skin.

maha.7902

Well yeah, but female outfits relative to males are revealing in literally every single fantasy game ever.

And you’re on about one outfit. How many are in the game? The only skimpy ones I can think of are winged and light human t3. everything else isn’t.

Azhure.1857

Well yeah, but female outfits relative to males are revealing in literally every single fantasy game ever.

And you’re on about one outfit. How many are in the game? The only skimpy ones I can think of are winged and light human t3. everything else isn’t.

You forgot the underboob that is t3 Medium Human female. Shameful to forget the underboob. SHAMEFUL.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Just saying, the vast majority of the attire that’s available on this game is what I’d expect to see on strippers.

The strippers in your area need to step up their game.

Sartharina.3542

Which is a problem. Males should be able to show off more as well!

Actually, I was just using an example. There are lots of outfits, but I remember defending the use of skimpy armors because I’m so use to the practical medium and heavy armors… until I saw the massive divergence in designs between male and female light armors, and just how many gratuitous exposure points are on the faction and other high-end armors. The standard armors are fine though. But male armors aren’t skimpy enough, and there’s no reason for the Vigil/Priory/Order outfits to have the weird exposed points they have.

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

I just want heavy armor pants, that don’t have a skirt attached. That’s all I want.

http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ArmorGallery/index.php?color=10&sex=0&race=2&w=3&skinID=prioryhi&lang=en
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ArmorGallery/index.php?color=10&sex=0&race=2&w=3&skinID=orri&lang=en
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ArmorGallery/index.php?color=10&sex=0&race=2&w=3&skinID=armadai&lang=en
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ArmorGallery/index.php?color=10&sex=0&race=2&w=3&skinID=defenei&lang=en
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ArmorGallery/index.php?color=10&sex=0&race=2&w=3&skinID=warriorhi&lang=en
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ArmorGallery/index.php?color=10&sex=0&race=2&w=3&skinID=primevali&lang=en
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ArmorGallery/index.php?color=10&sex=0&race=2&w=3&skinID=wingwi&lang=en
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ArmorGallery/index.php?color=10&sex=0&race=2&w=3&skinID=homi&lang=en
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ArmorGallery/index.php?color=10&sex=0&race=2&w=3&skinID=acendedhi&lang=en
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ArmorGallery/index.php?color=10&sex=0&race=0&w=3&skinID=culthaci&lang=en
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ArmorGallery/index.php?color=10&sex=0&race=0&w=3&skinID=culthadi&lang=en
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ArmorGallery/index.php?color=10&sex=0&race=1&w=3&skinID=culthaci&lang=en
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ArmorGallery/index.php?color=10&sex=0&race=1&w=3&skinID=culthadi&lang=en
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ArmorGallery/index.php?color=10&sex=0&race=3&w=3&skinID=culthadi&lang=en

You’re welcome..

I like how all your links just go the the general armor page. It does help display the need for less skirt/dress/kilt/robe options for the guys.

Posted by: climonite.8537

climonite.8537

Aion is probably the best example of how I would want future sets to be released from now on. The latest Ancestral outfit has about the same quality as Aion has:

http://aion.mmorpg-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/3-5_armor_tiamat08-1024x606.jpg

Just 1 example, i’d love to have a set like that for female, but notice the quality in the set, aswell for a male char ( not sexy ) :

http://aion.mmorpg-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/3-5_armor_tiamat06-1024x606.jpg

This is a game that has been released in 2008. The quality is way higher and also “sexier” then most sets in GW2. If you take medium sets as example, Female/Male are alot the same. Maybe now that it’s been released in China things will changed.

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

I might be the minority, but it’s refreshing to play a game that isn’t focused on skimpy armor. It’s one of the factors which led to me get GW2. I can safely play a female character that is not perverse in any way.My female thief fights, talks, moves, and dresses like an actual person.

This is a big thing for me. I like gaming, but I don’t want a character that’s strictly designed to appeal to hormone fantasies. I want my characters to look beautiful. I’m not here to watch half naked players run around the screen. I’m here to kick butt, take names, stomp enemies, and chill with friends.

Appreciating human beauty is vastly different from what the mainstream MMO designs. This is 21st century, and boys are not the only people on the internet.

It’s also nice to have a game with a mature audience. I think the lack of skimpy armor helped contribute to that…

(edited by Arikyali.5804)

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

People, if you want skimpy dresses and “sexy” pixels and polygons go play every japanese or korean MMO. I mean it. The less clothing you have there, the higher the armor rating…

GW2 goes for a more “serious” approach to armor. Yes, heavy armor is a tin can. What do you want? Steel hot pants? And two bucklers for a bra?

There are a lot of mix and match “sexy” armor combinations in GW2, i see them all the time, so really, no need to add more.

Serious would only count for males and not even then since males wear serious female armor with all the skirts they throw at us. The armor females wear is already extremely skimpy. This game is pretty much just sexist and uncreative when it comes to armor.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Veprovina.4876

Veprovina.4876

I just want heavy armor pants, that don’t have a skirt attached. That’s all I want.

[let’s make it short with the links]

You’re welcome..

All i’m seeing on each of those links is an asura in all possible armors… Each link is the same…

Ravos Xar, Ash Legion Charr Mesmer

Sartharina.3542

People, if you want skimpy dresses and “sexy” pixels and polygons go play every japanese or korean MMO. I mean it. The less clothing you have there, the higher the armor rating…

GW2 goes for a more “serious” approach to armor. Yes, heavy armor is a tin can. What do you want? Steel hot pants? And two bucklers for a bra?

There are a lot of mix and match “sexy” armor combinations in GW2, i see them all the time, so really, no need to add more.

Serious would only count for males and not even then since males wear serious female armor with all the skirts they throw at us. The armor females wear is already extremely skimpy. This game is pretty much just sexist and uncreative when it comes to armor.

Please, tell me again how skimpy the female armor is

Veprovina.4876

You want this to be heavy armor? What possible use can a skimpy heavy armor have in a fight?

This has no place in guild wars, if you want that go mod skyrim or something…

maha.7902

Nobody is asking for that.

People just want gear that maybe shows a bit of skin, accentuates certain features, that kind of thing. Not that tasteless trash in the link you posted.

And sure, +1 for gender equality, give male characters the same treatment, I would have no problem with that.

Veprovina.4876

Nobody is asking for that.

People just want gear that maybe shows a bit of skin, accentuates certain features, that kind of thing. Not that tasteless trash in the link you posted.

And sure, +1 for gender equality, give male characters the same treatment, I would have no problem with that.

I know, but everyone argues with heavy armor which, ecxept for a few pieces in game, is supposed to cover all the fleshy parts from wounds. that’s why i posted that.

Now, light and medium armors show a lot of skin and can be mixed to your heart’s content…

Sartharina.3542

Actually, “Heavy Armor” really only needs to mean “Metal plating/scales/mail” presence on the hands, shoulders, feet, head, waist OR legs, and trunk OR arms.

I’d love to be able to wear this on my males or Charr , or Something like this, but probably with an asymmetric plate-and-fluff bra on my female Norn

I’d also like to be able to wear more light armors that show off my male’s torso – females have lots of options, but males are restricted to about 3 sets. And – the female Phoenix outfit needs to be re-tweaked to be available for males.

On the other hand, I’d like to be able to wear this on my female human characters (But I can go either way on the Vigil armor… that should be two sets), as well as this as opposed to the WTF we’re given.

As for light and medium armors showing lots of skin – Light armor is only true for females, while males are restricted to two or three trunk-flaunting chest pieces(With overly large sleeves that clip with everything else), and medium armor has only three body-flaunting suits for females, and none for males, asura, or charr. Charr NPCs also tend to wear leg-baring lower body armor that doesn’t even exist for PCs.

Posted by: Zevilo.9304

Zevilo.9304

This post is on the second page now, and people still bring up female character armors when op stated otherwise.

It’s like they didn’t read his post.

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

People demanding more sexy stuff as there “isn’t enough”.

People raging whenever a new armor set gets released in gem store, and it’s “too revealig”.

So my guess, you want more male sexy stuff?

Yes, and yes. Not that I particular care, but more equality should be present in armor sets.

Sartharina.3542

This post is on the second page now, and people still bring up female character armors when op stated otherwise.

I don’t think anyone cares about a “sexy” male outfit anyway. As a male I’d rather look strong instead of looking like a kitten in a skimpy outfit.

Well, you’re wrong. Then again, Male Sexiness tends to also reinforce strength/power and stamina (Or fabulousness). Of course, there’s a reason for that! I don’t think people would be as offended by ‘skimpy’ male armors as they think they would be.

Posted by: XApocalypse.8739

XApocalypse.8739

They do need more sexy armors, i like a “few” of the ones they offer but they need to put more thought into them there’s only two that come to mind and that’s the tier 3 human medium, and the tier 3 human light. What about the norns?

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Yeah. Male players do not have choices like females. We could use things like shorts and some midriff armors other than pit fighter.

Also, there should be two checkboxes more in equipped gear:
- Chest: Checking this one will try to use the skirt from the chest’s armor set instead the leg’s. Checked by default with medium armor.
- Pants: Checking this one will try to use the skirt from the pants’ armor set instead the leg’s. Checked by default with light ad heavy armor.

Only one of them can be checked at a time, but both can be unchecked at the same time, so you can choose between “chest set’s skirt”, “pant set’s skirt”, and “no skirt”.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I don’t think females like guys who wear this kind of wierd stuff that shows off your skin.

Women pay to see guys who wear “weird” skimpy stuff…or less.

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Posted by: Laurelinde.4395

Laurelinde.4395

I don’t think anyone cares about a “sexy” male outfit anyway. As a male I’d rather look strong instead of looking like a kitten in a skimpy outfit.

Well, you’re wrong. Then again, Male Sexiness tends to also reinforce strength/power and stamina (Or fabulousness). Of course, there’s a reason for that! I don’t think people would be as offended by ‘skimpy’ male armors as they think they would be.

Huh, If I wanted to impress a female in real life It wouldn’t be with a kitten skimpy outfit. This stuff is not for males.

The only way would be to remove the ENTIERE upper – clothes so she can see your muscles but beside from that I don’t think females like guys who wear this kind of wierd stuff that shows off your skin.

…you really think women (and men) don’t like seeing men without shirts on? Never heard of the Chippendales, or the hype around shirtless Thor? Women’s bodies are certainly more sexualised/evaluated aesthetically in Western culture (how many times have you heard that ‘womens’ bodies are just better looking’?) – but there is millenia of precedent for appreciation of male bodies, too. Those Greek statues weren’t just there to hold up the roof, you know.

Laurelinde & Cookie/Beorna Bearheart
[TWG] – Gunnar’s Hold
Always remember Wheaton’s Law

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

It’s weird how games portray male and female armor. For the most part males look like transformers and females usually wearing strips of cloth…
I don’t understand why we can’t have it both ways…
GW2 attempts to rectify this but it’s a rather flimsy attempt.

I’d love to play more female characters but I can’t stand some of the lousy/inappropriate/nonsensical armor designed for them.

Women don’t need to be or “feel” protected! Just show the goods!! HAHA HEEHEE

wtf is this….and boobsocks I hate them soo much ARRGGGGGHHHHHH

Devona’s Rest

Sartharina.3542

Huh, If I wanted to impress a female in real life It wouldn’t be with a kitten skimpy outfit. This stuff is not for males.

The only way would be to remove the ENTIERE upper – clothes so she can see your muscles but beside from that I don’t think females like guys who wear this kind of wierd stuff that shows off your skin.

…you really think women (and men) don’t like seeing men without shirts on? Never heard of the Chippendales, or the hype around shirtless Thor? Women’s bodies are certainly more sexualised/evaluated aesthetically in Western culture (how many times have you heard that ‘womens’ bodies are just better looking’?) – but there is millenia of precedent for appreciation of male bodies, too. Those Greek statues weren’t just there to hold up the roof, you know.

Yes female body looks better and is sexualized. That’s why skimpy clothes fit well on females and not on males.

As a male you want to show off the upper body only ( assuming its a public place) but a female can show off everything

Neither of these things are true.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Snip
just some examples of what I think of when people ask for skimpy stuff.

For heavy, I would think it would be more like female Kurzick

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Gallery_of_female_warrior_Kurzick_armor

Posted by: Suns Dusk.7201

Suns Dusk.7201

Yes female body looks better and is sexualized. That’s why skimpy clothes fit well on females and not on males.

As a male you want to show off the upper body only ( assuming its a public place) but a female can show off everything .

That’s why I said , beside from having the ability to hide the chest piece in this game, any type of other “skimpy” clothes would look weird on a male.

I am not sure if my brain has actually managed to properly comprehend the ignorance in this post, so here is a video summarizing my feelings right now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fedG5o-PRFI

Arikyali.5804

Arguments for skimpy armor will always bring up debates between male and female looks. The gaming industry was heavily centered around appealing to its main audience – men. It’s only fairly recent that women gamers are also taken into account.

If it looks skimpy on a female, it should equally look skimpy on a male. But that’s not always the case.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sneakthief_armor
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Winged_armor

What everyone is asking is:
-more variation on male medium and light armor designs
—-Robes for females equal to males
—-Skins for males equal to females
—-Less trenchcoats for males

-More ‘pit fighter’ heavy armor designs for both male and female
—-Remains practical, within a fantasy game

-No obscene/offensive designs that would bring in an R rating

Can we all agree with this?

Arikyali.5804

As a male you want to show off the upper body only ( assuming its a public place) but a female can show off everything .

That’s why I said , beside from having the ability to hide the chest piece in this game, any type of other “skimpy” clothes would look weird on a male.

I can’t help but just cringe at what you’re posting. Your generalizing definition of men and women made me cry inside. Not all women flip over bare-chest Mr. Muscles. Not all men flip over voluptuous curves. What looks better, is completely based on preference. Every person has a unique definition of what looks nice, and what doesn’t.

Female body gets sexualized in games, because it sells. It objectifies, and sometimes, it’s offending. And female gamers don’t want to play a toon designed to appeal the specific fantasy of one audience.

By the way, a female can’t ‘show off’ everything…How many women walk topless down the street?

Posted by: Fenrina.2954

Fenrina.2954

Less trenchcoats for males

I’d say less trenchcoats period. Medium armor is overflowing with them on both genders.

-More ‘pit fighter’ heavy armor designs for both male and female
—-Remains practical, within a fantasy game

Not that fond of pit fighter, but gladiator is probably about the limit I’d expect. An actual bikini would likely end up as an outfit which aren’t expected to be “practical.”

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

you just need to mix and match a bit, you can find some skimpy stuff for all 3 tiers of armor, and both genders, but definitely not as many on males.

Attachments:

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

It’s this thread again! Hello, old friend!

So once more with feeling!:

Dear Anet,

We, the players, would like some more armours, and it would be simply spiffing if they could follow the following in their design:

*More sexy but with sexy equality
*Trousers (pants) for all
*Free charr paws and asura feet
*Less trenchcoats (I like them, but I know some don’t)
*Full skirts of all lengths for all
*Less buttcape (or none at all)
*Armour which actually fits
*Choice ‘n’ stuffs

Yours, with much love and hugs,

The Player Base

Is there anything else I need to add to the list? I need to save it somewhere and make amendments every time the thread comes up. Help me to help us all!

Thanks!

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Laurelinde.4395

I am not sure if my brain has actually managed to properly comprehend the ignorance in this post, so here is a video summarizing my feelings right now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fedG5o-PRFI

Which part you don’t understand , I think its obvious that skimpy clothes look better on females.

It’s really not obvious and it is absolutely not a ‘fact’ or a universal truth that skimpy clothes look better on women. The male body is every bit as beautiful; it all comes down to taste and perception.

I feel like I should post a lot of photos of men with beautiful (to me) bodies not wearing much clothing, for science. But I’ll behave.

[TWG] – Gunnar’s Hold

Azhure.1857

Well said, Laurelinde.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

I think that a t s e wants to say that if you put a muscular man in a strapless, backless, mini dress, it doesn’t look as good as it could on a woman.

If I were to ask you guys how would you have done the champion armor (the butterfly set) to be as skimpy for man, you wouldn’t say “well keep the bra and the open skirt”. Most answers would be “no top (with maybe the belt like things that goes across the chest) and a pair of pants”.

Laurelinde.4395

Ok, but he didn’t say ‘women look better in women’s clothes than men do’, and I don’t think people are suggesting cross-dressing outfits (although really, that would be ok too.) Male characters would look just as appealing in sexy outfits as female characters would, so long as those outfits were tailored to them and their body types.

It’s also interesting that women can be perceived as attractive when dressed up in menswear (‘boyfriend’ shirts, tuxedos), but the reverse is, without exception, seen as freakish or comedic. Even in clothing that actually is male or unisex, like mage/monk robes, there are often comments about ‘why should my character wear a dress?’ Heck, there was a popular machinima and song about it back in WoW called ‘Big Blue Dress’ (if I remember rightly.)

I think it’s pretty clear that contemporary society does not view male and female bodies in the same kind of light, and this is reflected in the conventions of armor in games.

[TWG] – Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

You picked the wrong one. Go look at the entire armor list.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Something tells me you don’t know many women willing to be honest around you.

(edited by Celestina.2894)

Posted by: Fenrina.2954

Fenrina.2954

I looked at this armor list. Not counting the racial armors (as some of the pics make it rather difficult to tell what’s going on), I got around 33 “skimpy” armors in the game. The problem is I counted sets like Outlaw and Country as they had lower necklines. I tried to avoid sets like chainmail that were just a bit of arm showing.

33 may sound like alot, but that’s out of 117 sets or 28%. And that’s with a lot of potential false positives. Unless we’re talking about high-realism, I don’t see how most female armors in this game are skimpy.

Edit: If I had to guess at how many I consider honestly skimpy, it’d be around 20ish.

(edited by Fenrina.2954)

Sartharina.3542

I have. But the argument I was countering was asserting that all the armor females wear is extremely skimpy.

And yet – Tell me again how skimpy female armor is?
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ImgA/chainwi_2_1_10_0.png
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ImgA/bandedi_2_1_10_0.png
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ImgA/caletvaci_2_1_10_0.png
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ImgA/humanci_2_1_10_0.png
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ImgA/dei_2_1_10_0.png
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ImgA/nightmarei_2_1_10_0.png
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ImgA/orri_2_1_10_0.png
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ImgA/calemedwi_2_1_10_0.png
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ImgA/chaintvabi_2_1_10_0.png
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ImgA/calemedi_2_1_10_0.png
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ImgA/guildhi_2_1_10_0.png
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ImgA/dragoni_2_1_10_0.png
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ImgA/inquethi_2_1_10_0.png
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ImgA/kodanhi_2_1_10_0.png
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ImgA/culthabi_2_1_10_0.png
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ImgA/chaini_2_1_10_0.png
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ImgA/humandi_2_1_10_0.png
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ImgA/defenei_2_1_10_0.png
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ImgA/caletvabi_2_1_10_0.png
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ImgA/plinti_2_1_10_0.png
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ImgA/calei_2_1_10_0.png
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ImgA/dredgehi_2_1_10_0.png
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ImgA/acalonhi_2_1_10_0.png
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ImgA/flamehi_2_1_10_0.png
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ImgA/nmcourthi_2_1_10_0.png
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ImgA/homi_2_1_10_0.png
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ImgA/wingwi_2_1_10_0.png
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ImgA/primevali_2_1_10_0.png
http://www.argos-soft.net/GW2/ImgA/acendedhi_2_1_10_0.png

Yes, there are a few unrealistic “Boob cups”, but that’s merely the armor working around the shape of the torso and fitting reasonably well to the body – same as the male does for those armors as well – they aren’t even trying to emphasize the breast – just give them their own shape. Realistic? Not quite, but the only people truly bothered about that are those who’ve either read that one article going into the mechanical underlying physics on why such armor’s bad (And should be noted that the armorer who wrote it made a “Boobplate” on request for a woman who wanted it so she didn’t look and feel like a dude, and it still looked protective)

Every one of those armors is either a mail hauberk over sturdy leather, metal plating covering vital areas while having sturdy leather or mail cover joints and other areas that need flexibility, or metal plating over interlocking metal plates that slide over each other to protect the body while providing flexibility.

Guess what!? Women have breasts. It’s part of the female form. It’s not anything inherently sexual, any more than hands, shoulders, feet, legs, hips, backs, or faces (Or any corresponding part on a man) are (And the bizarre misconception that they are sexual is extremely damaging and detrimental to everyone). A lot of women, such as myself, have a problem with being told it’s wrong to actually look like a woman and that our sexual dimorphism is something to be concealed and hidden away as though it were unnatural, odd, shameful, abnormal, or otherwise different from “Masculine default”.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

The only reason it seems like there is more skimpy armor, is because more people use it, not because there is more.

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

The only reason it seems like there is more skimpy armor, is because more people use it, not because there is more.

I was just about to post that

I normally would be indifferent on the subject, but as you can see both in game and by the people on the forums who obviously see a whole lot more skimpy armor in game (not saying there are more skimpy options. just more people using the skimpy options), if more skimpy options were in place then it would just resolve to even more people wearing skimpy armor

I’d still like to be able to wear all armor-types on one profession (if anything, just limit it so if you have a piece of light armor equipped, you can only wear light armor for the other 5 pieces). I mean, we can already battle in town clothes now (I enjoy wvw roaming in a wintersday outfit)

though, all in all, I don’t really care if it’s added or not. Nothing about this game sparks out as “super realistic” to me, so it wouldn’t really affect me.

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)