IMO, GW2 is the best game ever played

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Adry.7512

Adry.7512

the fact that u lvl up with crafting, beautiful. WvW its amazing. the mists pvp….needs more variety, seriously, but i love it too. the storyline, epic. everything is just really really good. i dont even understand how people can complain, dont get me wrong i read the threads and comments, but their all senseless to me =/. the game is nr1 without a doubt, this isnt even a biased comments cause i PLAYED a LOT of mmorpgs, and GW2’s nr1 status is no lie.

Posted by: kidbs.8920

kidbs.8920

What flavor is that Kool-aid?

SoR – Nethernoz (Necro), Zealot of Pain (Guardian), William The Butcher (Ranger)

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Well it’s the best MMORPG currently, as was GW1 imo. So yeah. Dunno if you could say it’s the best GAME ever played though, as Suikoden 2 holds that title still.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Sinifair.1026

Sinifair.1026

ANet really introduced some nice gameplay, that much we can agree on.
- Still, there will always be a lot of flaming on the forums, or so it seems.

Nevertheless, the aspects brought into GW2, all the new game concept and game designs are great, but many of them still needs a lot of tweaking, many of them can still be improved greatly, and ANet will supposedly get better at making new content, as they learn what works with their gameplay and what doesn’t.

(My personal experience is that the story needs less goofy’ness. Some humor is welcome, but lets not make the game a complete joke. And no, I don’t think that it is a complete joke, but you get my point, I’m sure)

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

It’s not perfect, but Guild Wars 2 is all-around the best MMORPG available. I can list a few features which other games do better, or which GW2 doesn’t have yet, but in the end it doesn’t make those games better on the whole.

There are always a number of trolls here, who will instantly pounce on any topic that dares even to hint that GW2 is a halfway decent game — but I assure you, they exist in the forums of every other MMO out there.

Attachments:

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

It’s an MMO that I can mostly play solo, that makes it the only good MMO in my opinion:)

Posted by: Alloy.2839

Alloy.2839

I only group games into general catagories, trying to pick the absolute best isn’t something I can do. That said, GW2 is on my short list of most enjoyable games I own. I believe the reason people troll the forums like it was a second job has more to do with human nature than with the game itself.

Posted by: Nova.8021

Nova.8021

I do think it is one of the best right now. The fact being that integrating dodging into combat the way Anet did it is revolutionary in making more interaction in MMO combat. I feel as though a lot of MMOs that come out will measure itself to that level combat immersion in the future.

That being said, the team also made a lot of moves I do not agree with whether they were pressured into releasing before adding all the things they wanted I do not know, but it is surely nothing less than a PR nightmare that will take a while to recover from. Right now though I find the combat the most fun in any MMO regardless of the fact that a lot of incentives are missing.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

It is an awesome game- and while it is not perfect, I quickly find out how good it is and how much GW2 has spoiled me when I play other games. Even single player ones.
There is no such thing as the perfect game :P

@ Fyrebrand: Dude,that pic

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I agree that GW2 is the best MMO i’ve played. I have some fond memories of SWG since it was my first MMO, and had some great depth. But as far as overall games go, Gw2 is the best i’ve found so far that holds my interest.

The mostly naked underage girls turned me off of TERA. WoW was fun for a while but eventually I lost interest. SWTOR was consumed by the evil that is EA. Other MMO’s just haven’t captured my interest enough to try them. The only other one that seems intriguing is Rift and I haven’t tried it yet.

Though that isn’t to say GW2 is perfect. I wish there was more depth to the combat like in GW1. I also wish they would spend a full patch on bug fixes, and balance. sPvP could use some more modes, it just doesn’t hold my interest as well as it should, especially when compared to GW1.

Posted by: clay.7849

clay.7849

It’s an MMO that I can mostly play solo, that makes it the only good MMO in my opinion:)

So you play MMO’s because you like to play solo….

Can I introduce you to some fantastic solo player games that will blow this one out of the water?

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

My favorite MMO, most definitely.

As much as I hate precursor RNG and the time gating of Ascended gear, they have successfully pushed both the need for high tier gear almost exclusively to FotM 30+.

I complain when I don’t like what happens to the game, but this is by far the best MMO i’ve played.

My favorite game overall?

• Nostalgia: FF 8
  • Recent: The FUS RO DAH simulator
Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

rizzo.1079

Can I introduce you to some fantastic solo player games that will blow this one out of the water?

No I play single player games as a rule but my friends convinced me to play GW2 because it’s fun and mostly doable solo. They were right, it’s fun and mostly doable solo. Plus there aren’t any sp games out right now that interest me.

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

In my opinion, it’s average.

And will soon be bettered.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

Yeah, the dungeon at the end of the personal story is the exception to the solo rule, but by and large you don’t need to nag others to help you get through it.

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

rizzo.1079

Well plus honestly I don’t really care about doing it. I hate dungeon design in this game so I’ve mostly put it out of my mind.

Posted by: Notsure.7028

Notsure.7028

Whats wrong with someone who wants to play the game solo, yet have people to chat with while doing it? Thats still partaking in ‘Multiplayer’ gameplay to an extent.

Your comment insinuates that one should never play an online game solo. Or at least thats how I read it.

I get tired of playing with people who want to do speed runs in dungeons. I prefer to go slow. I most specifically do NOT play to be competitive. I dont care what other people can do, I am only interested in what I do.

I like being able to choose when I group and do stuff and when I want to go solo stuff. I get up a lot from my desk while playing, and dont want to burden down other players with my gameplay habits.

For that matter I hate Pvp. I hear people complain all the time about how computer NPC’s are too easy. All I can say is let me program that game, I GUARANTEE you will NOT say that, no matter how hardcore you are, once I was done with it. I dont play for bragging rihts. I play to unwind after work and enjoy myself.

TL;DR There is nothing wrong with playing an MMO solo. Its just some folkspreferred method of gameplay.

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Best MMO yes, easily.

Best videogame, no.

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

If the OP had said “worst game”, do you reckon the title would have been changed to “In my opinion”?

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

I have limited experience with MMO’s, so take my opinion with a grain of salt…

Graphics: A- I would have given it a solid A, it’s friggin gorgeous, but it’s that sheer beauty that contributes to lag and culling issues…especially in W3. I applaud them for wanting the game to be playable on mid-range systems, but the graphical clarity lends itself to higher-end systems. Turning the graphics down to a minimum is kind of a bummer. Also, the pyrotechnics from a lot of skills are too gaudy.

Character Customization: C+ If I had to rate this on visual appearance alone, I’d give it a B+ or maybe A-, but how you look is only part of it. The trait system alone is not nearly enough for players to have solid customization of their characters. There are no attribute adjustments, and no real 2ndary abilities and talents(do the personality options do anything?). Add to this the fact that you can’t choose your first 5 skills(your weapon does) and you’re left with 5 utilities for variety. Crafting is very nice, although it doesn’t feel unique to your character really. And no mounts(yes…I know that’s what the waypoints are for). What’s up with all the pirate clothes? o.0

General Gameplay: A- I’m talking mostly PvE here. The maps are well thought-out, waypoints are logically placed, npc’s are easy to find, map icons simple and concise, it runs smooth unless you’re in a large DE. Moving while attacking has got to be the single biggest “omg this is so simple but awesome!” improvement. DE’s are pretty cool, even if they repeat often. Scaling is also very nice. Would have given it a A if they had fixed right-click targeting…or even addressed it. Y u no like mouse options ANet?!

User Interface: A Love these guys for this. Controls are easy to understand, the Options Menu is practical, and the “deposit all” option is a godsend. Basically, they’ve eliminated almost all of the annoyances in navigating menus. It’s easy as pie.

Combat: B The high value placed on mobility in this game is, I think, a great feature. Dodging, cross-profession combo’s, blocking, condition effects all lend themselves towards a very active combat environment. The skills themselves are pretty cool mechanically. Dungeon mob/boss mechanics can cross the line from challenging to annoying though. PvP is too zerg-dominated from a W3 point of view, and I think in general damage is a touch too high…you shouldn’t die in 2 seconds flat with 3 people on you(guardians and bunker ele’s notwithstanding :P). And stealth?…I’ll just mention it and leave it at that.

Personal Story: C- I don’t like saying it because I really liked the GW1 storyline, but I just can’t find much to like with it here. It’s whimsical, un-engaging, and rather childish. The 3 Orders don’t really mean anything, and the Zhaitan fight was a big let-down. I can tell they put a lot of work into incorporating the non-human races into the fold, but it felt contrived and forced. They should have stayed with the cinematics instead of the 2-person conversation screen. The mentors were meh(I haven’t tried with Tybalt yet), and dead before you get to know em really. I think I actually miss Koss…

It is the best mmo I’ve ever played though.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

(edited by Obsidian.1328)

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I can agree with some of you guys, but here is my 2cents

As a gw1 player since 2004(not counting with olders mmo’s), as for me i didn’t like gw2, i tough the game could give more option as more interaction as in freedom, the character creation, i dont even know if this game as a character creation, just pick up a toon look from X toons and go.

So far there is no GvG and no Guild Hall, i can imagine an instanced zone in home district has player home will be a equivallent to HoM, same will happen to GH?
The Mist arenas make Random Arenas from GW1 a bewtifull place!
WvW = Alliance Batles(AB) with other name, shrines are now castles to PvD.
WvW deathmatch map concept nothing new and feel old fast, zerg from a, b, c now e and then d(nothing against zerg here, just the same gameplay from AB).
The actions of players on the map/server wont change anything, actually would be cool if each server history/map would change due players actions (no sandbox content on the future might be a mmo killer in my opinion).
GIF animated dragons with huge health pool, gets boring after spam key 1 to get some ectos.
History is to kitten short, and most of it looked like was a forced content.
The classes of the game and stats between them look weird, the concept of play what you want is not right but neither wrong.
Ascended gear was introduced in game way to late!

And what i liked, the artwork and graphism is outstanding, music epic as always character models movements while atacking look real smooth(wich other moo’s lack mostly), the quest system seems a good way for the player interact with what they need to do.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

You could say its the best MMO (which isn’t saying much lolz) but best game ever where there’s games such as RDR, Bioshock, Fallout, Dark/Demon’s Souls ect is just funny. GW1 is much better than GW2 btw but since it isn’t an mmo i guess gw2 holds the title for the best mmo.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

ANet has definitely moved the MMO genre forward with some innovative gameplay. There is a lot to like about this game.

They generated a lot of interest at release and made MMO year of the year on one of the gaming rankings.

I’m interested in the rankings next year. Ability to sustain that interest is a key factor.

Seems that somewhere between release and now, it feels like they changed their mind about who their potential customers are. All businesses have a right to do this. In doing so, they take the risk of alienating the segment of the playerbase they have chosen to overlook.

I’m being alienated, one patch at a time. I’m not gone yet, nor putting the game down.

Like I said, I’m curious to see where the game falls next year.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

Posted by: Veldan.4637

Veldan.4637

So OP, basically you are saying “GW2 is the best game ever played” , and then to support this you say “I love the game” . Anyone else see the flaw in this argument?

I think it’s a bit stupid when people say “GW2 sucks, it’s a horrible game” , but I think “GW2 is the best game ever” is just as stupid, though I won’t list reasons here cause that has been done countless times already.

clay.7849

TL;DR There is nothing wrong with playing an MMO solo. Its just some folkspreferred method of gameplay.

No, nothing wrong with it. Just some way better games out there for solo players, that’s all.

The advantage of the MMO is much more than just “talking with friends.” But, if you don’t like to interact with other people, I think there are some fantastic options other than MMO’s.

Aeolus.3615

ANet has definitely moved the MMO genre forward with some innovative gameplay. There is a lot to like about this game.

(…
)Like I said, I’m curious to see where the game falls next year.

Thats curious couse i didnt see anything innovative besides graphics, what is like the diference between light armor and heavy armor 5% maybey 10%, ? i would not call that innovative.

clay.7849

(…
)Like I said, I’m curious to see where the game falls next year.

Thats curious couse i didnt see anything innovative besides graphics, what is like the diference between light armor and heavy armor 5% maybey 10%, ? i would not call that innovative.

Yea, it’s innovative at being the same themepark MMO as all the rest, except on a more “casual” level that adds more “progression” and less interesting or challenging content.

(edited by clay.7849)

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

GW2 is below average.
Ask a lot of popular game commentators and old GW1 players how much they enjoy GW2 and they will tell you that they have quit GW2 because it got stale.
GW2 was hyped by ANet to be a game which it is not. It has disappointed a lot of people, even the ones who continue to play. Because secretly we all hope GW2 will become the game it was advertised to be. But let’s face it, the dynamic events will never become how it was advertised to be, namely in the GW2 manifesto.
We’ll see where GW2 will stand the next 2 years. The exclusion of Cantha will be detrimental, because it was the favourite of many GW1 players and it brought a lot to the lore.

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

Posted by: Nappychappy.7046

Nappychappy.7046

This game wouldn’t last a month with a sub-fee, that alone judges how great this game is.

If you break it down to its core, people are just cheap kitten and this is a good looking semi-fun gaming experience; however not one to pay for, even though it would be a lot better of a game if it were P2P.

Just think of all the headaches in this game, that are a direct result of the cash shop.

You are using 21 of 100 infractions ermm, PMs.

rizzo.1079

Hey OP, just remember that these boards are nowhere NEAR as bad as the Blizzard boards. Doomsayers be doomsayin yet still playin the game erry day.

Nappychappy.7046

Hey OP, just remember that these boards are nowhere NEAR as bad as the Blizzard boards. Doomsayers be doomsayin yet still playin the game erry day.

I haven’t logged in, in months.

rizzo.1079

Yet you’re still, trollin the forums!

Nappychappy.7046

Trolling? Nah, expressing my disappointment still? Yes.

rizzo.1079

Still, it seems kinda silly expressing disappointment about a game you obviously don’t like much and haven’t played in months, doesn’t it? At least let us partake in your insider info about how the game would die in a month if it went P2P?

Flamenco.3894

Still, it seems kinda silly expressing disappointment about a game you obviously don’t like much and haven’t played in months, doesn’t it? At least let us partake in your insider info about how the game would die in a month if it went P2P?

I think that even ANet appreciates feedback from players who dislike the game. It can help them as a game company or at least provide food for though.
It’s silly that you expect people who dislike the game to shut up because they make the forum ‘bad’ for you, don’t they?

Incredible.

rizzo.1079

I think that even ANet appreciates feedback from players who dislike the game. It can help them as a game company or at least provide food for though.
It’s silly that you expect people who dislike the game to shut up because they make the forum ‘bad’ for you, don’t they?

Incredible.

I don’t think anything he was saying was constructive though, was it?

Suggesting someone take their non constructive criticism to a different forum is a bit different from saying ‘shut up’.

Inedible!

Flamenco.3894

Incredible.

I don’t think anything he was saying was constructive though, was it?

Suggesting someone take their non constructive criticism to a different forum is a bit different from saying ‘shut up’.

Inedible!

Well, you aren’t asking him to explain his views either, are you? I am going to write a paper on you, because your stance seems to be highly extraordinary.

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

and GW2’s nr1 status is no lie.

Well with SWG pre-nge long gone…
Currently? that’s possible.
…though for sure if it were a sci-fi sandbox theme
At least there are no elves.

Adry.7512

the fact that u lvl up with crafting, beautiful. WvW its amazing. the mists pvp….needs more variety, seriously, but i love it too. the storyline, epic. everything is just really really good. i dont even understand how people can complain, dont get me wrong i read the threads and comments, but their all senseless to me =/. the game is nr1 without a doubt, this isnt even a biased comments cause i PLAYED a LOT of mmorpgs, and GW2’s nr1 status is no lie.

After taking a look at your previous posts i can clearly see you are a shill and what you are doing is disgusting
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill
this is all i have to say about your post

Lolz yeah I’ve been intrigued by the OP’s love affair of the game and how it apparently excels in all aspects of an MMORPG.. the story errm disjointed lacking substance and such a small apsect of the game really but let him have his 5 mins in the sun.. give it a few months and I am sure all those nice supportive posts will have been replaced with others … not so shiny

At the end of the day everyone is entitled to their opinions of the game, mine says it was decent at first but after the intial shine wore off its become average at best and definately lacks substance.
@ OP…. crafting allows you to level.. I am glad you see that as a plus…. must be great to be able to stand in LA, open the TP buy some gems, exchange for gold, buy mats, craft and acraft and craft till you have maxed it all out and gained many levels doing nothing but make things that, for the most part are all but useless in game and at best no better than the loot you constantly pick up off corpses… but whatever triggers your event horizon I guess.
As for the game it is average at best now.. it lacks basic features of pretty much any out of the box MMO out there right now.. no LFM, no ability to customise UI layout, proper guild mechanics.. to name but a few. As for the game mechanics its far from balanced and almost feels like ANET have put very little thought into how their loot tables and content should be structured.. it all feels a little bit slaphazard planning to me and often fueled by reactive influence from above to qualm players complaints …. a la “gimme guaranteed loots” blah blah blah.

As for cash shop, allowing players to take advange of gear and equipment and turn achievements into water.. makes it a little tot P2W without the stat advantages of other gear gated games but a poor choice especially so early on in its life.. players grow bored easily in MMO’s.. but with your extensive MMO experience you will of course know that so P2W so early might indicate its true popularity / profitability but at the end of the day that all comes down to player choice and it bothers me not one bit if thats how other choose to use it…
But again OP.. intriguing supportive posting history and glad to see you are enjoying the butterflies and daisies still

your opinion lacks substance. no solution, no comparisons, just constant rambling about irrelevant opinions that are too narrowed down to a biased standpoint to make anyone even glance it’s way. in other words, an elementary school written comment with better vocabulary.

(edited by Adry.7512)

Aeolus.3615

well….. sci fi i dont know but for sandbox, try Archage but is has Elves, if you search go for the latest Korean Betas, its being ported to EU and USA also.

./ninja Thread [ON]

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

It is a solid game there’s no denying that and I’m glad that you, like many others are enjoying it. The combat for one is strong and DE’s were a fantastic idea all around.

However they were misleading and didn’t implement a lot of features that they said they would add years ago. (Iteration and all that aside, what happened to the giant sea monster from the trailer video? Whole areas fully rendered that don’t exist in game? etc.) In many cases, this was due to the fact that the project was a bit larger than they had originally anticipated it to be and as such ran out of time and were unable to implement everything. This project has also been disappointing to many long time GW fans because it has changed so dramatically from the original game.

Removing farming and limiting ways in which the player can experience the game are among a few of the reasons why so many of us are disappointed. They did a good job of drawing new and old fans together initially, but for whatever reason, due to a lack of resources, time or perhaps though some very bad decisions made by the higher-ups, this game has fallen very short of what it could have been. You see games coming out like TESO and you think, that is how you do a new MMO: you keep true to the spirit of the old game while implementing new mechanics which compliment MMO styled gameplay. I think Anet tried on this one but for whatever reason they just haven’t been able to follow through. Some of us are just disappointed that Anet wasn’t as solid a company as the one we had known all throughout GW1. Fractals completely messed up gameplay. In GW1, you could play through a multitude of missions that were story relevant and different so you wouldn’t get too bored. Now you only have one core dungeon people spam over and over again. For some this is satisfying, for many others it is not.

Not to mention it’s been 7 months since the game was released and aside from The Southsun Cove, we’ve yet to see any new areas open up. There’s a huge mass of tyria that is locked off for whatever reason. Also we won’t even be able to explore Cantha, a fan favorite for many.

At this point I am just pretty fed up with the whole situation. I haven’t played in weeks and I keep telling myself to give the game a chance but I just can’t. When I did play I only logged in for a little to complete some dailies but even then I couldn’t bring myself to finish those. There’s too much BS surrounding this whole thing and I find games like Skyrim to be a much more satisfying substitute for the usual MMO content. Games with great, subtle story elements that draw you into the lore naturally just by playing, this was how GW used to be. The personal storyline is, let’s face it, not as strong as it could have been and did not live up to the ones in GW. Many of the characters are just terrible with little depth and very hard to sympathize with.

As a fan, it is hard to let GW go. I had a great time playing the original and met some awesome people in the process. In GW2 I’ve met some great people in my guilds and we’ve had a good time chatting or running dungeons occasionally. I’ve purchased many gems initially because I wanted to support Anet hoping that they’d make the right decisions and would continue to improve their game. I don’t regret doing that, mind you, I’m just saying that I’ve done what I can as a fan to show real support for this company that’s all. I’m not entitled to anything either.

But I’m hoping the next BIG patch they’ve been hinting at will add a great deal more to GW2 but nothing is certain at this point. I will say that some of the little changes they’ve made have been good but it really isn’t enough to sustain a large community for long, not when there are better, bolder MMO’s on the horizon.

I want to believe that GW2 can make a great comeback if not with one large patch then slowly over time. But at this point I’m not really interested in waiting around while we wait for basic features like guild halls to be implemented. For now I’m just keeping an eye on the website ankittenrying out other games while we wait.

Edit: uh I said “trying out”. Not sure why there’s a kitten at the end there.

(edited by Zhaneel.9208)

Posted by: VidGhost.3215

VidGhost.3215

Suikoden 2 … Best game EVER made.

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

well….. sci fi i dont know but for sandbox, try Archage but is has Elves, if you search go for the latest Korean Betas, its being ported to EU and USA also.

./ninja Thread [ON]

meh archage and korean games. My other is EVE. But I’m speaking of terrestrial based of course, which would be a bit better as liken the GW2 mechanics to some degree. So many games, so limited choice

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Incredible.

Feed back is a suggestion this is in the Discussion forums.
Simply going arone saying one thing over and over with out any type of true back up is NOT a discussion.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: SadieDeAtreia.8912

SadieDeAtreia.8912

Best MMO ever? Probably.
Best MMO for long? Probably not.

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

In my opinion, it’s average.

And will soon be bettered.

Check the game Wildstar. Check who is the publisher.

Adry.7512

you give a very solid opinion, and i agree with you 100%, but just like you said the game just came out. ik i use WoW as an example very often, but only cause of its popularity. back when WoW first started, they too had a very stale period in its career. most games do, just wait till they accomplish their “living story” dream, lol, then lets see how they manage to impress us, once their artistic needs are fulfilled…also their piggybanks. they dont ask for a lot of money at all, but w.e we will see soon enough. what i imagine they plan to do for the rest of this year is give as much of a “plus” to this game as they possibly can, in order to “complete” it. as in, add this here, add that there, enrich this here, blah blah blah. After they “complete” their game, then thats when i believe ul get that Map content, maybe a new race, an expansion, etc etc. yes the game has been out for 7months, but it doesnt mean that they are satisfied with it quite yet b4 adding anything to it. also a game like skyrim becomes extremely boring after you beat the game, yes the story is nice, but tis a solo game, its meant to have a great story. mmorpg are more than that and r very different, i believe the current story is good, but i see where people become disappointed. my guess is that the story might become very compelling in an expansion and stuff like that. maybe no, maybe this huuuuge hype was for nothing, maybe after the game is set for future expansion, then it will become a joke. eitherway they have a lot on their plate. yes money is an issue, but publicity is even worse, a lto of gaming companies r shutting down and so are their games. a game given the NR1 status and hype, has not only a reputation to maintain, but also its very company, the higher they climb, the harder they will fall i promise you this. they know this as well and im sure the last thing they want is their own downfall. therefore, i will continue to PVP in the mists, i will continue to max my gear for WvW and i will have fun with it. for a game that JUST came it, it manages to entertain me a lot. i dont play it on a daily bases and maybe that a problem most people face, but playing it on a daily or bi-daily bases will make the game become stale. its an mmorpg, its not a solo rpg, the game requires money, expansions, content, patches, etc, to make the game a daily thing. all mmorpgs become stale quick, its all about time, just dont go insane spending all your money on a game b4 it becomes perfect. just buy it, play it, be patient, and savor the smell before you eat it.

(edited by Adry.7512)

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

The base game is very good and has carried it as far as its gotten but its been hamstrung by stuff like the RMT aspect of the gem shop and the obsession with making it an esport. And the live support has been poor, on a par with swtor. As other mmos like TESO, Archeage, Wildstar and Defiance come out its popualtion will dwindle.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Adry.7512

The base game is very good and has carried it as far as its gotten but its been hamstrung by stuff like the RMT aspect of the gem shop and the obsession with making it an esport. And the live support has been poor, on a par with swtor. As other mmos like TESO, Archeage, Wildstar and Defiance come out its popualtion will dwindle.

MMORPGs have grown intensively in popularity. what you stated is a fact that goes for all MMORPGs nowadays, but like i said, give it some time and we will see. i am just waiting for the game to be completed so they add the real good stuff, better soon than too late.

Posted by: SadieDeAtreia.8912

SadieDeAtreia.8912

Oh, also…

If a mod can fix the thread title with “In my view” or “I feel” like you do with all the negative threads, that’ll be groovy :-)