Instanced Raids Confirmed [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Yea but just because its instanced, doesn’t mean you can make a party for it, anyone remember the last wintersday instanced events,

Im guessing this will be a enter raid now button, and you get assigned 9 other random players.

Posted by: Kormeg.2469

Kormeg.2469

You should probably edit you post to “raid”, as in singular, that doesn’t get release until 2 weeks after the XPAC comes out.

I really don’t see that as a negative to be honest. Allows me to get my bearings and do the story and see the parts of HoT that we already knew about prior to today before pluging balls first into the RAIDZZ!

Posted by: Freywstrider.5780

Freywstrider.5780

I am sorry to be negative but why make the game a WOW clone. You want raid fine but no gear that drops only there. The best part of GW2 was the fact no holy trinity/no gear that only dropped to large guilds through raids. That is what is wrong with a lot of MMO’s. Small guilds or individuals are left out. Nothing that was announced makes the game better for those groups only worse.

Posted by: steve.2945

steve.2945

I never did doubt anet.

Proud TTS member

Kormeg.2469

I am sorry to be negative but why make the game a WOW clone. You want raid fine but no gear that drops only there. The best part of GW2 was the fact no holy trinity/no gear that only dropped to large guilds through raids. That is what is wrong with a lot of MMO’s. Small guilds or individuals are left out. Nothing that was announced makes the game better for those groups only worse.

Runescape has raiding. Is that a wow clone?

And how doe sthe introduction of a new game type making anything worse for anyone. I’m not in a guild but I can’t wait to raid. You know what, I don’t care. Think whatver negative outlandish thing you want

Ok I Did It.2854

Anyone remember the last Wintersday event where the instanced content was you getting thrown in with 4 other random players, well is this how the raids will work, is it an instanced event where you get randomly assigned a team of 9 other players, or can you actually make your own team and enter it.

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

I hope precursor armor can aslo be dropped in PvP leagues (lets say diamond), so PvP players can aslo get it. No idea how to manage it for WvW players

M I L K B O I S

Posted by: McViolin.8547

McViolin.8547

You should probably edit you post to “raid”, as in singular, that doesn’t get release until 2 weeks after the XPAC comes out.

I really don’t see that as a negative to be honest. Allows me to get my bearings and do the story and see the parts of HoT that we already knew about prior to today before pluging balls first into the RAIDZZ!

Because knowing Anet, they’ll do prob 1 raid per XPAC, maybe 3 at most.

Posted by: Morozzko.2136

Morozzko.2136

will the raids require agony resist?

Main Engi, all other 80

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

You can create your own team and enter it just like dungeons and fractals, either through the LFG or presumably guild chat or map chat. I presume that these chat channels will be the most common uses for organizing groups, as you can state exactly what you are looking for.

Ok I Did It.2854

I hope precursor armor can aslo be dropped in PvP leagues (lets say diamond), so PvP players can aslo get it. No idea how to manage it for WvW players

WvW players don’t get rewards or loot, why change something that hasn’t changed in 3 years.

Posted by: Arctic.7691

Arctic.7691

Is a 10 Man elité instance is not a wow like raid is more like urgoz or kanaxai from gw1

Zalladi.4652

I doubt it, as agony is something unique to fractals. I don’t see them recycling that when they could create new mechanics for raids.

Kormeg.2469

Wrong. One raid at release with 1 out of 3 paths available, the later 2 paths being added in the following weeks. More raids will be added with each (or every 2-3) Living World release, which if they keep their old schedule it is a very good pace.

As for the randomly grouping. No. It’s just no. It’s one of those things like everyday breathing in which you do not need someone to confirm to you in order to be aware of it.

But it is worth throwing a party fooooooorrrrr!!!!!

No I’m pretty sure he’s right. Colin said that the 1st “wing” would not be immediately available.

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

WvW players don’t get rewards or loot, why change something that hasn’t changed in 3 years.

Thats sadly true

M I L K B O I S

Posted by: Quothrone.8615

Quothrone.8615

Exclusive rewards

You mean another rigged based garbage for those who drew a Colins portrait with their firstborns blood?

Posted by: Exxcalibur.6203

Exxcalibur.6203

Raids are a disease.

“Skritt, I’m hit!"

Exxcalibur.6203

The inclusive spirit of ‘raid’ events like the Marionette were one of the things that separated GW2 from the unpleasant poison of other gaming worlds.

Alas.

“Skritt, I’m hit!"

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

One man’s disease is another man’s enjoyment. I’ll be having fun with raids.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Exxcalibur.6203

Its a community thing. Have fun.

“Skritt, I’m hit!"

Posted by: Dikeido.8436

Dikeido.8436

Galactic shout-out for Anet, especially the ones that are working/will work on the new Raids. It is such an exciting feel to know that all player base, no matter the content type they prefer, is on the table when discussion occur. Extraordinary news, there haven’t been words invented that I can express my gratitude with. Everything asked will be delivered. I will now surely buy the expansion pack as I have again seen the Anet that made me fell in love with the Guild Wars franchise.

Raids – check
Exclusive rewards that MUST stay exclusive – check
A hardcore challenge (not proved until gameplay time but at this point I am willing to believe) – check
Dedicated team for periodic raid content (see “Raids will be delivered with Living Story releases” – check
10 man – check
Instanced – check

Was a little bit worried with F2P but after reviewing the restrictions I am at ease.

A glorious day for the game, a glorious day for challenge.

I will, as often as possible, be one of the (at least try) main Fractal/Raid/Dungeon discussion/tips & tricks/MLG Dank person out there, so if you need some opinions I’m available in game, on the YouTube channel and of course here, on the forums.

Today’s excitement video discussion about Raids!

PS: Some info was not available to be at the time of the recording, but most of my rant fears have been laid to rest. Also still processing. Also beware my oblivion born accent.

Good job, Anet and hope to see each and everyone of you guys in game!

Should be very careful what you ask for. Beside raid is nothing new we already have raid, remember ORR yeah that was END game content RAID content. How many people still raiding there now ? Lets not forget our favorite world boss Triple trouble. Whats that you say people can’t pug TT because you need a well organize and very large group at the same time very easy to troll and screw up the fight ending it in failure so Anet just kind of wasted time and resource making so call raid/hard content which only very few can actually complete. Form where I stand I see that you and many like you want Raid to be like in wow but what Anet have shown so far are Raid that every and anyone can join. I have nothing against raid and I preferred Anet raid style over wow raid any day. I’m just saying don’t over hype yourself cause in the end you might end up super disappointing.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Like condition builds would benefit from truffle steaks atm…
Or DPS builds would use Super veggie pizza

We’ll see when it’s ready… only 8 weeks to go.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Teniz.5249

Teniz.5249

Raids – check
A hardcore challenge (not proved until gameplay time but at this point I am willing to believe) – check
Dedicated team for periodic raid content (see “Raids will be delivered with Living Story releases” – check
10 man – check
Instanced – check

Right click open all function – nope
Capes – nope
account bag – nope
precurser crafting – nope
5 pieces outfits – nope

someone continue ty

Posted by: Shufflepants.9785

Shufflepants.9785

Posted by: McViolin.8547

McViolin.8547

Raids – check
10 man – check
Instanced – check

Capes – nope
account bag – nope
5 pieces outfits – nope

someone continue ty

Year old bugs fixed – nope
Old dungeons being touched – nope
Respect for the old community – nope
Build templates – nope
shilling hard – check

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Mursaat caused agony in gw1 if I’m right…

As we will be meeting Mursaat it could be a thing?

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Enrif.7359

Enrif.7359

maybe if they add raid fractals?

Posted by: Teniz.5249

Teniz.5249

Raids – check
10 man – check
Instanced – check

Capes – nope
account bag – nope
5 pieces outfits – nope

someone continue ty

Year old bugs fixed – nope
Old dungeons being touched – nope
Respect for the old community – nope
Build templates – nope
shilling hard – check

Ty

Also lets not forget one kinda epic feature that existed in GW1

DYE WEAPONS!!! …

http://www.guildwiki.de/wiki/Datei:Chaos-Axt_Farbspektrum.jpg

Posted by: amplitudelol.1409

amplitudelol.1409

They didnt want to look around too much. Fixed 10 man? I guess it will take a few years to get the idea from Blizzard and finally introduce the flexible raids.

And making raiding a main feature? WoW says: welcome to the competition boy. And its never a good thing… For the competition…

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

They didnt want to look around too much. Fixed 10 man? I guess it will take a few years to get the idea from Blizzard and finally introduce the flexible raids.

And making raiding a main feature? WoW says: welcome to the competition boy. And its never a good thing… For the competition…

It’s probably a case where they looked at the market segment they weren’t hiting and making a play for it. As much as I hate raids, that part makes sense if they can keep the prices down.

That’s almost certainly a good part of this too, marketing.

They can give ‘hard’ content without making the content harder for the individual players

They can give a huge grind dump for the dedicated players (in finishing out the legendaries).

They get a new feature to announce for HOT, and one that MMO players as a large think they like, to boot.

I can’t mind them being ambitious in the marketplace.

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

VERY disappointed in this.

I play GW2 as its different from other games, the hassle of organised group content is not there, and there is a focus on open world content.

Raids in my opinion are a mistake, and are sacrificing the direction GW2 was supposed to go….

As more and more time is spend on instanced content, my interest wanes.

Posted by: Tea.7025

Tea.7025

I play GW2 to have an MMO that’s not focused on competitive, instanced content.

Posted by: Straylight.7529

Straylight.7529

I’m sure the expansion will have plenty more to offer than raiding. Think of it as one more feature for people who’re into it. Since there is no gear treadmill you won’t have to raid in order to keep up with everyone else.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Are you so sure it’s fixed rather than capped? Dungeons are five man instances but some of them are soloed. It’s not likely to mean you can’t get in the door until there are 10 people standing there.

Kormeg.2469

And that is the same reason I’m coming back to it.

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

Please add some variety into the bosses rotations so the instances to be actually difficult or a hard mode version which adds new mechanics into the raids or you’ll turn raids into nothing more of a daily chore that is Tequalt or Evolved Wurm.

I want content genuinely difficult even for folks that can solo dungeons/Lupicus. Let the average folks be content with normal mode and others looking for an absolutely unreal challenge get rekt. There is nothing better than knowing your at the top of your game, know all the mechanics and still get smashed in the face.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Im guessing this will be a enter raid now button, and you get assigned 9 other random players.

Well, thanks SO MUCH for giving my tonight’s nightmares the fuel not even horror movies can provide.
You’re on my list <.<

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

As for the randomly grouping. No. It’s just no. It’s one of those things like everyday breathing in which you do not need someone to confirm to you in order to be aware of it.

Here’s the problem, though… without some sort of random “Looking for Raid” option, the percentage of users that actually play this content is so low that it’s nowhere near worth the investment of time and resources.

Even WoW, with it’s millions of users and steady income stream, decided they couldn’t keep catering huge swaths of content to the 5-10% of players who were willing to coordinate into hardcore raiding guilds.

I think a “LFR” option in GW2 should be expected, and reasonably so.

Posted by: Dreggon.6598

Dreggon.6598

My guild(s) contain hundreds of people and one is bursting at the seams with a waiting list. We frequently have many more than 10 people online, and there are probably going to be more than 10 wanting to raid. If I have any number not divisible by 10, we won’t be able to play together.

Instead I’d request raid sizes of a minimum maximum (i.e. the smallest amount that the maximum raid size should be) be 20 players and preferably more, so if I have 21 we can form groups of 10 and 11, or larger groups if I have more than 21. This game is supposed to be about everybody playing together, not being excluded because “we have enough people”.

(edited by Dreggon.6598)

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Go play Dark Souls, that’s more to your taste.

Zalladi.4652

The thing is, how many players out there will play raids if they require groups of 20 players or more? The answer will likely be a lot fewer than if raids only required 10 players.

You could consider some world bosses to be the large-scale raids you are looking for (mainly Triple Trouble as the prime example – hopefully they will add more), so I doubt they will add 20+ raid sizes as a result.

Posted by: TheZoobler.8073

TheZoobler.8073

Honestly there is one game that I feel nailed raids perfectly. Marvel Heroes 2015.

Raids there take 10 people (large group, epic), and basic coordination, but as a baseline are easy to get into and succeed at. And they only take an hour, if not HALF an hour. So you go in with your huge group of people, smash through some bosses which are more involved and interesting than usual without being punishingly hard, and get a fun loot-splosion. Hooray!

However, you can also take on the raid on a higher tier of difficulty, if you want. This is the point where hardcore players can get their jollies. It’s actually challenging in a serious way, but completely optional.

You can earn almost all rewards earned in the Easy and Hard raid in other areas of the game (via a weekly quest). So the raids aren’t even necessary. You unlock things FASTER via raid, but you will eventually get it all without raiding.

So they are short. They’re accessible. They are optional. They CAN be hard or easy, depending on your group’s mood. And most of all, they’re fun.

Honestly, it’s a pretty positive example of what raiding CAN be.

(Aside: MH2015 is the game that finally acclimated me to “FULL ZERKERS” meta. Very true in that game too. Honestly in games like this, killing everything as fast as possible is the only thing that matters, so long as you are doing the bare minimum to stay alive yourself. It’s just the nature of the game. shrug. I’ll play WoW when I want to tank and heal, and LoL when I want to be a super relevant support )

Dreggon.6598

The thing is, how many players out there will play raids if they require groups of 20 players or more? The answer will likely be a lot fewer than if raids only required 10 players.

You could consider some world bosses to be the large-scale raids you are looking for (mainly Triple Trouble as the prime example – hopefully they will add more), so I doubt they will add 20+ raid sizes as a result.

Flexible, not 20

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

VERY disappointed in this.

I play GW2 as its different from other games, the hassle of organised group content is not there, and there is a focus on open world content.

Raids in my opinion are a mistake, and are sacrificing the direction GW2 was supposed to go….

As more and more time is spend on instanced content, my interest wanes.

VERY disappointed it took 3 years to finally get something worth instanced.

Guess what buddy, theres plenty of open world stuff coming in the xpac…theres already PLENTY of open world stuff as well (dtop/sw/teq/worldbosses, etc etc)

Stop complaining. Anet is trying to add a bit of everything to please everyone. If you don’t like it, too bad.

Posted by: myself.2143

myself.2143

I almost never see anyone looking to do dungeons or fractals. After a month or two, I wonder if anyone will even care about raids anymore.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Ah you misunderstood me. I was referring to the idea that for example you press “Start raid” then automatically and randomly it parties you with 9 others who pressed it as well, as opposed to invite/decline/kick etc etc. Just like in sPvP. Of course there should be something like a LFR added, I’m sure you are right, it is inevitable.

Ah. I getcha.

Yes, I sincerely doubt that the raids will be “hotjoin”… though I suppose having it as an OPTION wouldn’t necessarily be terrible.

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

Yeah, in the long term, I think that flexible raid sizes is a must. It’s not fun for a raid leader to have to ask himself who will be sitting for the night. Besides, the game already has boss scaling in events.

That said, it’s very difficult to balance raid scaling, and we don’t want players the find a raid size N that optimizes the difficulty otherwise the game might as well be fixed size, so it’s very important that they get scaling right if they put it.

Since it’s going to be Anet’s first raids I expect there to be hiccups and some problems, so I’d like them to start with fixed 10 players raids, and once the team feels good enough with raid design, introduce scaling retroactively.

Posted by: Freywstrider.5780

Freywstrider.5780

I have not played Runescape so I can not answer if it is a WOW clone. My wife and I were Beta testers for GW2 and it was the lack of the trinity and raiding that made it different and enjoyable. If you want to have raiding then fine but it needs to be fair for those that do not raid. No epic gear should be dropped that cannot be gotten another way. If you want different gear drops for raids then make it gear that you can only use in raids.

It would seem that Arena net is forgetting what they set out to do. To make a different type of MMO, at least, that was what they said during the beta and release. Now, they seem to be moving towards being like other MMO’s and not different.

Posted by: BIGHARSHNESS.3510

BIGHARSHNESS.3510

There is an lfg tool to fill the gaps. Problem solved.

Dreggon.6598

There is an lfg tool to fill the gaps. Problem solved.

No, if i have 11 people they can’t all play together.