[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

(The post would read)
This just in!

Marvel in these new armor sets forged by the Sun Gods themselves. These reclaimed artifacts will dazzle allies and enemies alike in their brilliance. Each god-touched piece of perfection radiates in golden glitters of purified magic, of which, only a god can harness it’s power…. it’s might… it’s beauty. Are you prepared to become a Sun God..?

Introducing… Sun Blessed light armor woven entirely from light… Sun Hide medium armor stitched together by the flesh of fallen sun gods… and Living Sun Plate, armor forged from liquid sun to create an impenetrable barrier between the soul of the wearer and the wicked world that surrounds them.

For only 800 gems per piece, you can bask in the glory. Once you’ve obtained all 6 pieces, you obtain the title “Sun God”.

Edit: Updated the original post with the female sets! Enjoy.

Attachments:

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

(edited by ronpierce.2760)

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

take my gems :D

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

wouldnt pay for reskins.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Hey, I got those skins without the special effects as part of my personal story awards! It would ruin their exclusivity if people could buy them in the gem store!

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

And OP comes up with a light armor set that actually looks good on male PCs while being tastefully flashy.

Hire this man, Anet!

(Or woman….)

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

There’s money to be made!

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

ronpierce.2760

Hey, I got those skins without the special effects as part of my personal story awards! It would ruin their exclusivity if people could buy them in the gem store!

It’s fine, they’re significantly (enough) different than the originals. They give a whole new vibe.

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

nice glow! thumbs up

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

You got it wrong. First it needs to be reskined onto a really cool armor then after people buy it it has to be reskined onto the armor you used for your models. At least that should be the case for your light armor model.

The Burninator

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

Posted by: Hynoris.3684

Hynoris.3684

Praise the sun!

Attachments:

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

ronpierce.2760

Praise the sun!

I’m just saying, that looks pretty kitten close to the suggestion picture I made. It’s destiny… Sun Destiny

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

Posted by: SuperSpicyCurry.2415

SuperSpicyCurry.2415

Impossible. That light armor is actually looks good on males.

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

meh
/fifteeeeeeeeen

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I came in expecting a suggestion of an armor set in the style of the Sovereign weapons. That I could get behind.

This, no. No more lazy armor sets that take existing sets and throw a random effect on them, please.

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

ronpierce.2760

I came in expecting a suggestion of an armor set in the style of the Sovereign weapons. That I could get behind.

This, no. No more lazy armor sets that take existing sets and throw a random effect on them, please.

I’m all for being silent and letting people figure things out for themselves, but here’s a place to start:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Merged-Cultural-Human-T3-Not-Exclusive/first
(Hint: it’s for chuckles.)

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

ronpierce.2760

It’s pretty clear people want this, it’s the logical next step! You aren’t forced to buy it. I would buy all 3.

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

Posted by: DominationCreation.5703

DominationCreation.5703

We do have the radiant armor. That sort of counts as light based…

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

ronpierce.2760

We do have the radiant armor. That sort of counts as light based…

Light nor fire is the sun, specifically Sun-God. It matters. This is how it must look or it just wont work.

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

wait a minute, sun rhymes with fun
and charr are notorious for having fun.. i think you should seriously consider the gravity of distributing such an armor, it would seriously downgrade the uniqueness of the charr race and such an item would need to be recalled..

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

The Light version actually looks really, really cool!

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

ronpierce.2760

wait a minute, sun rhymes with fun
and charr are notorious for having fun.. i think you should seriously consider the gravity of distributing such an armor, it would seriously downgrade the uniqueness of the charr race and such an item would need to be recalled..

Our sources say that the fun will be significantly enough different from any race-specific amounts of fun to justify it as its own unique entity. Once people buy it, however we will probably change our minds and give you Maim-God armor, instead which of course rhymes with Lame, so everyone will be satisfied in the end. You have our word.

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

what about ‘Rap God’ armor where you look like Eminem? :p

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I think I’d buy that.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

ronpierce.2760

I think I’d buy that.

I appreciate the support. I think we’re close to making our dreams a reality, they can’t deny results.

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

(The post would read)
This just in!

Marvel in these new armor sets forged by the Sun Gods themselves. These reclaimed artifacts will dazzle allies and enemies alike in their brilliance. Each god-touched piece of perfection radiates in golden glitters of purified magic, of which, only a god can harness it’s power…. it’s might… it’s beauty. Are you prepared to become a Sun God..?

Introducing… Sun Blessed light armor woven entirely from light… Sun Hide medium armor stitched together by the flesh of fallen sun gods… and Living Sun Plate, armor forged from liquid sun to create an impenetrable barrier between the soul of the wearer and the wicked world that surrounds them.

For only 800 gems per piece, you can bask in the glory. Once you’ve obtained all 6 pieces, you obtain the title “Sun God”.

That actually looks like something Anet would do in reality. You win, they loose.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

Posted by: bobomb.5209

bobomb.5209

Praise the sun!

Yo! What’s up my Sun Bro you ready for some… J-J-J-J- Jolly Cooperation!?!

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

ronpierce.2760

@Sirendor, I wouldn’t suggest it if I didn’t think they’d do it.

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

You could have at least picked good skins to add the particles to.

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

ronpierce.2760

… That was part of the joke. :S

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

(The post would read)
This just in!

I don’t know, I need to see how the females look too! =D

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

ronpierce.2760

………….. Challenge accepted……………..

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

ronpierce.2760

Here it is for those curious about what it’d look on females. Obviously it’s more flashy because ANet makes sure female armor is more flashy and looks better than males.

Attachments:

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

Posted by: Nar.8327

Nar.8327

Can’t stop laughing. Well played.

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Haha, you actually had me going for a short while…
Well played, good sir. Well played.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

I love how you took the ugliest medium armor in the entire game to make this, instead of the starter armor like the other two.
Anyways well played, well played.

Hopefully Anet will know this is a joke and wont actually make anymore reskins.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

ronpierce.2760

@Zeefa, Ugliest? I specifically took the time to pick out the best skin that I felt most players would enjoy. For all of them. My conclusion was that players wanted items they could relate to, so why not armor everyone has had since level 1-10.

You’re insulting my genius analysis. Good DAY sir.

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Hahaha seriously. You would reskin ugly T1 armor with some sun-glitter?

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Not glowy enough. Need MOAR glow.

But one internet smile for the pictures and the thread.

Attachments:

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

These skins also drop in low level zones on low level blues, don’t they? I know I got that quilted armor during BWE3 on my ranger in Queensdale. I have the screenshot somewhere.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

Tobias Trueflight.8350

By the way, because I am fairly sure it wasn’t said:

This is the armor of a killer. . .” (sparkle)

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

Nike.2631

I still think I could use pieces from those sets to make some of my characters look more awesome.

Maybe I’m just not getting the joke…?

So they are lower sets – I find the “moar spikez, moar flamez” that permeates the upper tiers to be really hideously ugly.

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I still think I could use pieces from those sets to make some of my characters look more awesome.

Maybe I’m just not getting the joke…?

So they are lower sets – I find the “moar spikez, moar flamez” that permeates the upper tiers to be really hideously ugly.

The joke is he’s riffing on the Flamekissed controversy and how that was a doctored skin. So he deliberately chose a “crappy skin” to work over to make it look impressive.

(Note, this isn’t hard to do. I found myself really loving my old Tyrian Vest for my ranger in GW1. At least until I played around with the dyes on Monument Armor. And for the reference? Tyrian Vest was not a prestige set, so it was “crap armor”.)

Also, still think Obsidian Armor from GW1 looked so ugly they should have sent Dhuum to go visiting. And Chaos Gloves struck me as a massive waste of material. And the bright guy who designed that Gladiator Warrior armor for males needed to have seen the sudden surge in Bright Pink dyed sets, coupled with the /dance emote being used to primarily ‘stalk’ AFK people in Kamadan for the lulz.

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

Nike.2631

I’d still buy it. It looks like the FX would be particularly well-matched with my Infinite Light… (and not bad for Zenith weapons now that I’m looking at them)

Attachments:

(edited by Nike.2631)

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

ronpierce.2760

I’d still buy it. It looks like the FX would be particularly wll-matched with my Infinite Light…

Don’t say that out loud Nike. >.< While yes, in your very unusual occurrence of rarely-used armor (which looks great, not saying it doesn’t!) it would work, this was supposed to be a message to stop reskinning, you silly goose!

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

Nike.2631

Ahhh… And here I was thinking “Why are they all slammin’ on low tier armor? There are some great pieces in those sets!” And honestly, I could do with some ’Holy McSmite-Smite" FX after all the “hur, hur, flamez is kewl!”

Sure, I’m with ya that re-skins can be done in a way the comes of as feeling rushed or cheap. But I think it’s probably enough to vote with our wallets than to try and make fun of artists who are just trying to figure out how to make us happy within a limited amount of working hours. ((shrug))

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

ronpierce.2760

Ahhh… And here I was thinking “Why are they all slammin’ on low tier armor? There are some great pieces in those sets!” And honestly, I could do with some ’Holy McSmite-Smite" FX after all the “hur, hur, flamez is kewl!”

Sure, I’m with ya that re-skins can be done in a way the comes of as feeling rushed or cheap. But I think it’s probably enough to vote with our wallets than to try and make fun of artists who are just trying to figure out how to make us happy within a limited amount of working hours. ((shrug))

I’m not making fun of the artists. They did fine. And I don’t believe the artists decide to rehash old gear. But anyways, this isn’t “making fun of” anyone. It’s just saying a majority of people don’t want to spend a lot of gems on gear already in the game with a few particle effects. (Most, not all, mind you. Most would much PREFER if the fancy fiery skin was also unique.) So it’s light hearted fun.

Plus, I gotta say. Not to pat myself on the back but, if they did want to reskin… I think I’m on to something.

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

Nike.2631

Be careful. I once was involved in a very public April Fool’s gag about a book that should never be written… Then I lost 2 years of my life to writing that book because the fans LOVED THE IDEA THAT MUCH.

And I think a fair bit of the controversy over the flame-kissed armor is because people loved it, not because they thought it was forgettable trash. Part of that is undoubtedly because if you are not human, that was the only way to get that mesh/geometry – for 4 out of 5 races it was something completely new. But there are still plenty of proud owners of human characters that are ticked off at the swap to re-skinned Feathered armor.

Make no mistake, they’re looking to bottle that lightning again in the future. Hopefully they succeed. Given how rarely I’ve seen the “flame” armors in game, I’m betting they got the message that the re-skinned Medium and Heavy sets did NOT achieve that sort of wildfire of desirability. I eventually picked up one set of the Flames Heavy, but it took me a long time to work out any sort of look that it improved on…

Attachments:

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

ronpierce.2760

Well, alternatively, people were frustrated about the armors being reskins. This was more aimed to Sunkissed 2.0 and the other 2 sets. They both got a bit of lash-back for being the first gem-store re-hashed armor sets. Of course the uproar wasn’t as big as the T3 havers who didn’t like other people having their T3 cultural armor on other races, WITH flames. :P Hence some of the jokes of people saying it wouldn’t be fair other people could buy these sets with gems, since they had to earn them via the story (aka armor you start your story out with or earn very early).

[Idea] Sun-God Armor!

Posted by: zallesz.1650

zallesz.1650

Such unique. Very sparkle.