If YOU could change 7 things about GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

If you could change 7 things about Guild Wars 2 & relaunch it as Guild Wars 3

What would the 7 things be that you would change?

this could be a good discussion. lets make this work.

(edited by Moderator)

Knighthonor.4061

1) No Levels – World is 1 level.

2) Each class has 50 skills unique to the class

3)Skills are gained by doing task in the world

4) Housing System – both individual as well as collective housing models, with a town feature as well for linking player created structures together optionally.

5)Naval, Ground and Aerial Ship/Vehicle Combat in the game both in PvP and PvE

6) Raid Dungeons made for 30 player groups and 15 player groups.

7)Elite Zones – random timers, but certain zones become fully champion/vet mobs with bosses mixed in. Forcing group combat in the zone for duration of the Elite status. Failure to defeat the Elite Status, triggers some kind of negative effect on players in the world.

Posted by: huggles.5271

huggles.5271

I think having water combat in pvp would generate a hugee amount of rage. As for the housing thing I’ve seen thousands of people ask for guild housing :s

Posted by: Squee Squashington.5189

Squee Squashington.5189

1) No Levels – World is 1 level.

2) Each class has 50 skills unique to the class

3)Skills are gained by doing task in the world

4) Housing System – both individual as well as collective housing models, with a town feature as well for linking player created structures together optionally.

5)Naval, Ground and Aerial Ship/Vehicle Combat in the game both in PvP and PvE

6) Raid Dungeons made for 30 player groups and 15 player groups.

7)Elite Zones – random timers, but certain zones become fully champion/vet mobs with bosses mixed in. Forcing group combat in the zone for duration of the Elite status. Failure to defeat the Elite Status, triggers some kind of negative effect on players in the world.

2.) This. They seem to spend a lot of time trying to push people into using certain builds and balance them that customization gets a little lost in translation.

4.) This, but we’re months away from seeing anything like this.

5.) This, but we’re months if not years from seeing anything like this.

Legendary Defender of Casuals

Knighthonor.4061

I think having water combat in pvp would generate a hugee amount of rage. As for the housing thing I’ve seen thousands of people ask for guild housing :s

water combat?

talking about ships?

i doubt that would bring rage. Its not the same as underwater combat which limited weapons, and skills.

Naval Ship combat would be vehicles that a owner can pilot, and have player crew members who can man cannons, and rams, or jump on enemy ships for a invasion attack. also can be used the same way against NPC monsters or NPC pirates and their ships.

Posted by: huggles.5271

huggles.5271

water combat?

talking about ships?

i doubt that would bring rage. Its not the same as underwater combat which limited weapons, and skills.

Naval Ship combat would be vehicles that a owner can pilot, and have player crew members who can man cannons, and rams, or jump on enemy ships for a invasion attack. also can be used the same way against NPC monsters or NPC pirates and their ships.

Well it would involve underwater combat or another skyhammer type deal when you got knocked off, unless we had giant ships o.o?

Posted by: MrDmajor.7084

MrDmajor.7084

My number 1 change is for GW2 is for it to be more like this game:

http://youtu.be/4XvJNQ8_3GM

^These people know how to make an MMORPG, and THIS game is what GW2 wishes it could be when it grows up.

ArenaNet does NOT play Guild Wars 2. This can’t be.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

1) removal of ascended equipment and legendary changes
2) the end of the pvp oriented Balancing
3) TP flip revenue balance
4) removal of living story in Exchange for permanent stuff

mostly those 4….

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

can think of only 5 though..

1. NAVAL combat is a nice idea as mentiond above, for me at least. underwater combat, not so… unless maybe it involves submarines and you not getting wet :P

That aside :

2. No ascendeds (or maybe ascndeds as exotic lvl stuff with infusion slot.)
3. dungeons with difficulty setting.
4. Armor/skin wardrobe function.
5. More racial/profession diversity, as in aspects of story, armor and skills.

Posted by: Pyrasia.9281

Pyrasia.9281

1. More skills to each class.
2. Ability to cross-class some skills. Though some skills are class-exclusive.
3. Each weapon has 8-10 skills. Players get to decide which 5 to use. May switch around.
4. Boons and Conditions only come from Combo Fields. (have to actually either blast, or swirl or leap or something with it, not just put down the Swiftness field and ppl just run by) Each class has 2-3 field types. as well as 2-3 type of finishers.
5. Soft Holy Trinity. Some can do support or control better than others, while some can do better DPS and such. But every class should be able to do at least a bit of everything. (Boons, Condi, CC, DPS, Heal, Mobility, Range, etc.)
6. More quests for the Order you join before you become highest rank. Need more time to spend with Tybalt.
7. Less of that Sylvarian Scholar Turns General.

I can keep going, but these are my top 7

(edited by Pyrasia.9281)

Posted by: Talenna.4052

Talenna.4052

1 - As an elementalist I want to use my staff for my skills, not chucking flames, water and lightning from my left hand.
2 - To be able to move skills around on the tool bar.
3 - Guild halls, can’t come soon enough!
4 - I would like Lord Faren to no longer be sitting in the sofa and get out of my house in Salma District
5 - Foundary system (STO/NWO): player created dungeons and quests.
6 - Party size hurts RP, allow home instance owners to invite as many players as they wish.
7 - An appearance/wardrobe system so that my light armour wearers can dress more appropriately for colder climes, or wear some leggings without frills and bows; so that my heavy armour wearers can occasionally wear a coat against the rain and so on.

Posted by: XxTAFxX.6741

XxTAFxX.6741

1.Henchmen for dungeons,as most dungeons now ppl don’t do them.
2.Better rewards,and able to move around our skills in our skill bar.
3.Change orr make it better and get rid of living story.also no more one time events.
4.Stop nerfing chars and put them back to the way they was when gw2 first came out.
5.All amour/weapons able to buy from vendors and not spending months lvling crafting and getting mats to craft them.
6.Stop listening to the elitest as there killing this game.
7.Make wvw better beside numbers and blobs to win all the time.
(that will be hard to figure out but one day anet might have the solution.)

(edited by XxTAFxX.6741)

Posted by: Andlat Helsonr.1284

Andlat Helsonr.1284

1. Remove ascended-tier items. Straight out. Alternatively – make it acquirable through dungeon tokens, badges of honour, etc.

2. Add hard mode to dungeons as an option, rewarding tokens needed for ascended items.

3. Add more skills/weapons/traits to classes.

4. Make the living world achievements more interesting and engaging – the puzzle part of tower of nightmares was an extremely sweet step in the right direction.

5. Add more lore to living world releases. Preferably inside the game, and not in a post on the website.

6. Add more game modes to PvP.

7. Stop considering adding more vertical progression in any way, shape or form.

Posted by: Belorn.2659

Belorn.2659

1: Redesign the client and drop system so bots do not work.

2: Make the game F2P so the current pay to win gem system actually makes sense.

3: Make achievement worthy items (like skins and minis) in the gem store obtainable from in-game activities.

4: Make constant item adjustments so TP trading is put under control, and item prices won’t fluctuate uncontrollable. Keep inflation under control

5: Make living world updates twice as slow. More focus on quality than quantity.

6: Balance classes towards 1v1, 25vs25 and 5 man team dungeon. Make sure each class are balanced on those 3 steps on equal ground.

7: Unique dodge animation for each class

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

1. More skills/traits/weapons for each class.
2. Make all stat combinations viable in PvE. No more of this Zerker-only crapola. I don’t care if this involves a soft trinity – just make it happen.
3. More ways to acquire Ascended gear.
4. Hard Mode dungeons.
5. More PvP game modes.
6. Proportion changes on armor to better fit non-human races.
7. More weapon and armor skins – at least some of which won’t be gem store.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

My 7 things:
1. Remove ascended gear—put infusion slots on exotic gear.
2. Move away from Living Story and more toward traditional content releases
3. More personal story.
4. More reason for a level 80 to play in any zone that he/she wants and still be rewarded or working toward a goal.
5. More open world event scattered throughout the entire game, not just one or two zones.
6. Remove Champ Trains
7. Improve dungeons — No skipping mobs, make boss encounters more engaging, etc.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I would:

1. Release the product when it’s actually finished.
2. Stick to the manifesto, and not go directly in the opposite direction.
3. Not introduce any invincibility skills what so ever.
4. Make sure the classes all have roles. Doesn’t have to be trinity.
5. Make sure the game gives all those roles a purpose, and doesn’t favor one over the other.
6. Make the game less focused on gear, and more on builds.
7. Add more flexibility in the skillbar. Less fixed skills.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

1 – Being able to stow pets and not having they come out in battle, while being compensated with the percent of the DPS that the pets would have contributed with. There are some situations when having a pet is useful, but not all the time, and having a choice is always good.

2 – Hiring a different voice actor for the main character of the personal story. I mean, I bet people would like Trahearne better if his voice acting wasn’t so bad (making him hit harder would also help).

3 – Add a ball gown as a light armor skin. A real one. I am talking about a ball gown that is not skimpy like the Masquerade armor, that is not made of foliage like TA armor and that doesn’t have pants underneath like pretty much everything else.

4 – Making town clothes wearable in battle, even if only for PvE. I understand that, in other games, there are some people that like to blame their failure on PvP on the fact that they couldn’t identify the other player’s class based on their armor, because the armor was hidden. This kind of people would do the same here. I disagree and I think it is a l2p issue, but to avoid this kind of people, let’s say PvE only.

5 – Furniture we can actually use! Sitting on chairs, at least!

6 – Scaling dungeons. Not everyone likes to play with a full group. Some people like to play by themselves or with just one or two friends. Also, doing away with the instances that force you to solo. I don’t think people should be forced to play with or without a group. I mean, just let them play the way they want.

7 – More customization available on character creation. I like Aion’s character creation a lot. Something like that is what I expect of modern MMOs and what I expected of GW2. I was a bit disappointed.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

(edited by Gabby.3205)

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

1) Less grind, more stories and adventures
2) Difficult content (hate easy content)
3) No stupid achievements like “jump x times …” (i dont want to see achievements like stay in LA for 3 hours in the future)
4) No time gate. If i am good, i want to use it for my advantage.
5) BLTC interface
6) Change 1-5 skills. For example, i use “wsad” to move, it is difficult to press 1+2 (usuable in sanctum sprint) etc etc
7) Medium armor trenchcoats :<

English is not my native language, sorry :<

Posted by: Arondrinor.5307

Arondrinor.5307

1) Remove ascended or keep it same stats with exotic. Only functional difference would be infusions without power, precision and vitality. Agony resistance and WvW guard bonuses are good. Main difference should be well designed appearance.

2) Add duel mode in special areas. In that mode players won’t effected by other players buffs and enemy players damage. Also other players names become disabled for create a clear duel environment. Include some duel achievement system.

3) GvG mode in special map like Obsidian Sanctum with similar design of duel mode. They will do this fight in paralel server without other players. Include GvG leaderboard. But there would be weekly limits in GvG for protect the WvW population. For example 3 GvG for weekly. More than 3 GvG won’t counted at leaderboard.

4) Remove soulbound. Some special items like ascended, legendary will work like achievement point skins. All characters can reach at hero menu.

5) Account bound dungeon story mode.

6) Small scaled fights in WvW grants more experience and loots.

7) Defend grants same xp and award with capture in WvW.

Bonus: Do all these changes with optimised game wtihout skill lags and low FPS at WvW.

(edited by Arondrinor.5307)

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

1. All classes get all weapons.
2. Levels mean something. Being level 80 makes your character more powerful than a level 20 in the same zone.
3. Actual gear progression that is meaningful, but not the focus of the game.
4. World events rewarding more items and “hot zones” everyday for bonus items from completing champion events in these zones. This makes people use more than just Queensdale to champ train.
5. Add 3 or 4 more classes.
6. Improve conditions/rework the entire condition system to be useful in PvE, and less powerful in WvW.
7. Increases the number of skills each class gets at least 3 fold.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

1) Redesign the Dredge fractal so it’s actually fun to do and comparable in length and difficulty to the other fractals.
2) Redesign the Dredge fractal so it’s actually fun to do and comparable in length and difficulty to the other fractals.
3) Redesign the Dredge fractal so it’s actually fun to do and comparable in length and difficulty to the other fractals.
4) Redesign the Dredge fractal so it’s actually fun to do and comparable in length and difficulty to the other fractals.
5) Redesign the Dredge fractal so it’s actually fun to do and comparable in length and difficulty to the other fractals.
6) Redesign the Dredge fractal so it’s actually fun to do and comparable in length and difficulty to the other fractals.

7) If 1) to 6) are impossible for some obscure reason: remove the Dredge fractal entirely.

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

7 things: Warrior, Mesmer, Elementalist, Ranger, Necromancer, Thief, Engineer.

Here you go

#ELEtism 4ever

Posted by: Luquatic.3825

Luquatic.3825

Here’s my list:

1. Re-implement Elite skills and the way they were acquired in GW1

2. Moar skills for every class, like, alot more

3. Normal and Hard mode

4. UW and FoW

5. Add Guild Halls

6. Double professions like GW1 had.

7. No more vertical progression and level cap raising

A Thief on Desolation

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

1. I would make non-zerker builds more viable.
2. I would make the Ranger’s pet AI waaay smarter (with the ability to dodge!)
3. I would give Thieves more dodge bars so that people wouldn’t complain about their little DPS/Survivability
4. I would make Ascended Weapons/Armor drop in a box that let’s you pick stats AND weapons
5. I would put all of the Ascended equipment up for 10 Pristine Fractal Relics.
6. Dungeon vendors would sell Ascended weapons/armor for 3x the tokens.
7. Make ascended weapons that drop/are crafted sellable on the trading post.

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Here you go

Watcha got against Guardians?

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

Here you go

Watcha got against Guardians?

Well, Guardians seems quite fine now, also I was allowed to write just 7 things, if I could write 8, I would involve Guardians too….

Edit: To prevent some misunderstanding, I meant it like this: Guardian seems like the most balanced class in-game now, at least to me.

#ELEtism 4ever

(edited by STRanger.5120)

Posted by: Zeitzbach.9608

Zeitzbach.9608

1) Kill Traherne and give his role to someone else in the Destiny’s Edge like Rytlock
2) Logan is now a man.
3) For insurance, Kill Traherne again even in Risen form
4) Make Sylvari NPCs less boring.
5) Ranger actually has a boon remover now.
6) An actual story mode for Rytlock x Logan who is now a man.

And for personal lol grudge

7) If Thief goes into stealth, they die and is stripped of all gear, spread on the ground for anyone to pick.

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

1. All classes get all access to weapons.

2. There’s no leveling system as is right now. Enemy mobs range from simple (one or two skills max) to Champions (5 to 7 skills they could use against you).

3. Ascended weapons and armor are the precursors to a Legendary. This way you don’t rely on random number generator, but the time you actually put into crafting.

4. At the start of the game you are given a tutorial which explores your race, your personal story arc (the missions just before the three Orders part), and then you are dropped into the living world.

5. Living story/world is broken up into arcs which can be revisited by a historian while events occurring in the “now” are 1 month long or half a month for smaller events. This would allow folks to “go back” and see what they missed.

6. WvWvW is a massive free for all instead of server versus server fighting. Guilds can purchase peace treaties with gold and trade them for official alliances. Benefits include not getting damaged by their attacks and ability to chat on “alliances” chat. Such treaties will expire depending on purchase (longer treaty means heftier price.)

7. Structured PvP allows for duels within a contained arena or allow random hot seat fighting. Winner stays in arena until he or she dies, afterwards gold and other rewards are given to player based on how long they lasted, damage dealt, enemies slain, etc.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

1) Have more random events in dungeons like troll in AC. Doing such events would give better rewards as players are investing more time to comlplete the dungeon, dungeons should be exciting on every run!
2) Add new armor skins, more theme oriented like rennaissance and streampunk (no, not those meh aetherblade armors)
3) Dueling in PvP
4) Have the possibility to make your Charr look like they did in GW1
5) WvW should be more tactic. To make this allies, in WvW maps would be more impotant and they could be summoned by commanders when they’re needed. There should be terrains that give bonuses to certain classes and penalties to others i.e. Open battle gives a toughness bonus to guardians and warriors but battling in a marsh gives them a moving penalty because of heavy armor.
6) New zones to explore, the behind the enemy lines maps are my favourite, with difficult content.
7) Scavenge hunt to craft a precursor (got mine through RNG in the MF but have friends that have been playing for a longer time than me and still got no precursor).

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

- No main town ( LA) – focusing events and people in 1 single town make rest of Tyria dead
- better class balancing (arena net just dont know to balance classes…classes like warrior,guardian…are way too OP,warrior can even solo Arah wile ranger is garbage
- whould change layer on WvW maps,every map except this new1 we testing now looks the same,why that?Boring
- game need better rewords for doing living story and WvW season events
- allowing people to stay in LA entire day without reason to move anywhere else

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

1. Skill Acquisition

Instead of directly purchasing the skills from the UI, skill points would unlock Skill Challenges tailored to the theme of the profession.

For example:

• Warrior’s might be able to gain a skill called Defensive Stance (Damage Reduction, Stability and for the duration Crits given and received fumble) through using only that skill against an opponent to survive for x amount of time.

WvW would have it’s own skill acquisition system similar, but set within the WvW maps.

2. AI

Giving NPCs the exact same tools as players (weaponswap, traits, utilities, runes, sigils, dodge, combo fields ect). Of course, there’d be a set builds, and not just random traits and skills, in order to make the NPC’s effective, and not every enemy would have the same build (one Mesmer enemy might focus on stacking confusion, whereas another might focus on clones).

Maybe some kind of detection where if an enemy puts a field down, they’ll utilise it in some fashion.

3. Dungeons

I would improve dungeons in terms of the layout and encounters. Players would be able to influence the dungeon to their advantage, so stopping, strategising and looking around would be more beneficial than simply running through hitting things in the face.

For example, a boss may be in a room. Simply running to the boss would cause one of the adds to set off an alarm, increasing the difficulty of the boss encounter. However, if you went around and took out the adds around the dungeon, you’d be able to reduce or completely negate the amount of adds in the final fight.

Other things I’d change would be:

• Less linearity – dungeon layouts would be like self-contained maps to be able to house more randomized experiences (roaming parties, roaming bosses, completion objectives (killing the boss might not even be the objective – sneaking past and stealing battle plans might ect).
  • More ‘off the beaten path’ content – hidden chests, bosses and vendors, bonus objectives that aren’t advertised ect.
  • More puzzles (if they fit the dungeon)
  • Roles within the fights – mechanics wouldn’t be able to be brute-forced. However, they would be tweaked so specific group compositions wouldn’t be needed.

4. World Bosses

• World bosses would have their own scaling algorithm tied to their mechanics, so all players have to take note of the mechanics. For example, the Shatterer’s healing crystals: 10 – 20 players would have 6 crystals spawn, while 21 – 30 players would have 11 crystals spawn, and so on so forth.
  • More mobility – bosses would move around, and with some fights, movement needs to be prevented with other objectives (defending and repairing gravity generators, for example).

5. WvW

• Create a bank of maps that are different thematically, with their own mechanics and quirks (for example, weather) which are then randomly selected from at the beginning of each match. The maps would also be misted out at the start, making scouting important.
  • Remove the pre-made structures, giving players some freedom to build structures from a set bank for a set resource amount (walls, towers, gates ect. think Age of Empires – set pieces, but you can place them how you want to) on the map by gathering resources. These locations aren’t restricted to capture points For example, players could create a blockade in a choke-point to launch an ambush. Construction would become a new WvW Mastery, reducing the time it takes to build structures and reducing the resources it needs.
  • Points would be randomly selected on the map (although in the interests of balance, the points would be selected from a bank of locations), much like the ruins: undefended by keeps and easily taken if they aren’t protected. Some points generate points, while some generate additional resources (supply, stone ect)

6. Gear and Stats

When a player has reached max in a crafting skill, I’d add the ability for them to add stat combo’s to Armour in which any stat combo added can be selected from a drop down menu.

For example, if you’ve created Berserker armour, and you’d like a set of Rabid armour, you’d craft the rabid inscription, and then combine that piece of armour with the inscription and another item.

7. Content Changes and Additions

• Living Story would be made more player driven with little gating on the progress. As such, the story would would also be harder to fathom out and would also rely on the players to work out what’s happening, to prevent it being done quicker than the content can be produced. For example, you wouldn’t be notified that the base has been found; you’d have to work together in order to find it.
  • Order and Pact Missions – We’re high ranking members of these organisations. Why aren’t we involved in their work?
Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

1) No living story, only expansions.

2) more Endgame content (aka fracs).

3) Wvw (somehow) more balanced (not skill wise but population wise).

4) Cap the daily achievements at 5-8 (pvp, pve total, not individual)

5) Get rid of crappy achievements like ‘you have 2 weeks, to somehow manage to jump over a ’buggy’ schockwave’. These achievements are killing the game and need to be gone. Either make it permanent (so you can fail as much as you want, you can still get it, and don’t feel bad about lost hours, OR remove it alltogether, as it has no place in keeping players interest in the game.

6) Hire the gw1 lore team again. Seriously they are so much better then gw2. Remove the dragon story altogether. (weakest story I ever heard, – ‘dragons are not evil but a source of nature’, haha what a joke, every minion of every dragons is a murdering kitten, and that’s not evil? Best joke ever. And why kill/defeat them if they actually can’t be killed defeated? Stupid indeed. Gw1 Gods lore ftw, so much better. Waaay better. Hire them again. The dragons destroyed Tyria, and the lore got also vaporized meanwhile.

7) Stop focussing on Spvp. Basically it’s not bad gameplay (at all!!) but this is purely a player issue, meaning players are biased against pvp, they don’t like it overal. Superior manpower to balanced (read: nerf) professions to make it ‘more playable’, while forcing ‘win to succeed’ (daily achievement), is totally kitteny and wrong. My advice: I know it will hurt, but just do it: Ignore that gamemode (apart from fixes) for the time being. People who like it will still play it. And meanwhile pve (wich is much bigger part of gw2, including wvw) will not be destroyed by lame ‘for pvp reasons only’-nerfs. If we would get Beta/launch skill strength back, it would suddenly be a lot more fun, since skill used to mean something (special/powerfull) then. Now they are almost all ‘almost as weak as auto attack’ for most part, cause they want to balance them. Just wrong. Stop this complete ‘wrong path’. It’s over Anet, pvp needs a whole different input if you want it to be the most played gamemode. It doesn’t need mass nerfs. Or ‘win only’ mentality. Fix your mistakes please, pvp devs.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I just want one thing. One little thing.

Communication.

There are a lot of simple questions out there that deserve honest answers.

It doesn’t even matter what that answer is, just answer it.

Case in point: Human Female Running Animation. I still don’t know whether it’s a bug or not. It was never in the patch notes, a developer blog, a ‘Letter from Chip McImportant’. I ‘think’ it might be intentional because they keep doing little things to fix things that were broken ‘around and by’ it, like the way some sheathed weapons behave. Why bother spending time on that when you could just go in source control and roll the animation back to ‘fix it’, and all is well?

So…probably intentional at this point.

But…‘why’? I’d like to know why it was changed.

There are lots of little things that could be answered that would save people a ‘lot’ of time and frustration with the game. Make a stand. Make a statement. Let us understand what your philosophy is by taking ‘all’ these answers and statements into consideration and make our own decisions.

It would also probably reduce a lot of clutter, people asking the same questions over and over again.

So that’s my one wish.

Well, I guess if I the female human running animation change isn’t a bug, then a second thing I’d hope for is that they add it as a character trait. So we ‘pick’ how we want our character to run when creating it (or via a makeover kit). It would start with the two versions of the human female run, but could be expanded to other sexes and races with some interesting options and combinations. And, I’d bet people would pay money to buy make over kits, to say…be able to let their Asuran skip?

Me…I’d just like the old animation back on all my characters. I don’t like the new animation. It was the way it was for 14 months, and I can’t for the life of me figure out why they felt they needed to change it.

Which, is why I’d just like some communication.

Posted by: ikiturso.4026

ikiturso.4026

Stop the game turning into korean grindfest. Ascended armor suck so hard! You are stuck with one char one build. GRIND GRIND

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I though of a 3rd thing. I wish they would read these.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

2) Logan is now a man.

+ 1 for that.

6) An actual story mode for Rytlock x Logan who is now a man.

And +2 for that one. Hahaha.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

I’d be happy with 3:

1. remove ascended gear or turn it into something fractals only that does not spill over to the rest of the gaming world
2. remove power creep from WvW (world buffs, WXP ranks, Bloodlust, etc.)
3. stop the whack-a-mole balance

Posted by: DietPepsi.4371

DietPepsi.4371

1.Make the game more point-and-shoot friendly. Being that I play as a warrior marksman I’ve never really enjoyed having the game aim for me, although manual aiming is possible, there isn’t really proper facilitation for it. Having the option to have the character always aim where the player is looking would be nice, a crosshair and first person option would also help. I know, “It’s a MMORPG” yeah, but I don’t care so long as I’m using a ranged weapon. It just feels cheaty.

2.The earlier mentioned Land, Sea, and Air Pvp game type; with the ability to choose and customise your own unit.

3.More permanent areas to explore would be nice. I like exploring, but personally don’t like exploring the same place twice. Some more wide open maps like Diessa Plateau, or tall ones like The Bazaar of The Four Winds.

4. More race oriented Game types: Examples for Charr

5.Add more customisation related stuff: Emotes, Biography Based Titles ,Ressing Animations, Houses Stuff like that.

6. The ILWSW Machine Gun skin. (With it’s own animations) Click

7. Dunno.

You stand to benefit more from making friends than making enemies.

Also I hate my user ID.

Aeonblade.8709

1.Make the game more point-and-shoot friendly. Being that I play as a warrior marksman I’ve never really enjoyed having the game aim for me, although manual aiming is possible, there isn’t really proper facilitation for it. Having the option to have the character always aim where the player is looking would be nice, a crosshair and first person option would also help. I know, “It’s a MMORPG” yeah, but I don’t care so long as I’m using a ranged weapon. It just feels cheaty.

2.The earlier mentioned Land, Sea, and Air Pvp game type; with the ability to choose and customise your own unit.

3.More permanent areas to explore would be nice. I like exploring, but personally don’t like exploring the same place twice. Some more wide open maps like Diessa Plateau, or tall ones like The Bazaar of The Four Winds.

4. More race oriented Game types: Examples for Charr

5.Add more customisation related stuff: Emotes, Biography Based Titles ,Ressing Animations, Houses Stuff like that.

6. The ILWSW Machine Gun skin. (With it’s own animations) Click

7. Dunno.

That is a really cool gun skin, thanks for sharing, that would be great in game!

Posted by: DietPepsi.4371

DietPepsi.4371

That is a really cool gun skin, thanks for sharing, that would be great in game!

Thankyou. =D

You stand to benefit more from making friends than making enemies.

Also I hate my user ID.

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

^These people know how to make an MMORPG, and THIS game is what GW2 wishes it could be when it grows up.

Cool post, and dead on target. The level of failure on those commitments is of staggering proportion.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

Wow that game looks great. Each developer that is interviewed in this video are so enthusiastic, I wonder if they still feel that. “We don’t think it is ok (reference killing x amount of y)” but yet that is a lot of achievements.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Posted by: Shocktor.4570

Shocktor.4570

“Bosses that don’t respawn 10 minutes later”… “a town that stays saved and remembers you”… when they released that Manifesto, I wondered how they would pull this off… though Blizzard has now done it with phasing.

So that is my change that GW2 should bring in … phasing… then it may achieve some parts of the promises from the Manifesto.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

1. Nuke everything and start from scratch

2. Tell the players what you are going to do

3. do it.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

1. Remove AoE cap on offensive abilities. This would permanently end the zerg in WvW.

2. Reduce Ascended stats to be equal to the stats of Exotics but with an infusion slot.

3. Make pets optional for rangers.

4. Remove the connection between stats, traits and armour. Armour should be purely a cosmetic choice, stats should be chosen from their own menu, and traits should simply be to augment abilities.

5. Rebalance all of PvE so that there are mechanics other than 1 hit kills.

6. Undo every single nerf since beta – separate ALL class balancing between PvP and PvE.

7. Stop the “living story” in it’s tracks, and go to an expansion model.

Aeonblade.8709

1. Nuke everything and start from scratch

2. Tell the players what you are going to do

3. do it.

To be fair, that’s how we ended up with this convoluted mess and everyone being at each other’s throats about vertical progression and balance. They should of stuck to the pillars and their manifesto to begin with, only after they started listening to us did we get a game with no identity.

Sure I think the game would benefit from changes, but them trying to make all of those changes and keep the original game intact would be impossible, and I realize this now.

Posted by: Kuldebar.1897

Kuldebar.1897

• UI Tweaks:
  1. Have UI windows remember their positions (that kitten preview window is always in the wrong place!)
  2. Fix the gawd-awful, eye-hurting smudge fonts in the trade broker window…
  3. Do I really have to have my Chat windows on that side of the screen? Or the action bar laid out exactly like that?

• I have over 300K Karma and nowhere to spend it, the Temples with the armor vendors aren’t open and I can only buy weapons from karma vendors elsewhere that I don’t need…
  • Engineer Profession needs retooled…I’m a longtime Necromancer, and I see this very well. (Necro’s have been improved hugely since release, btw if ANet doesn’t proceed to mess them up again)
  • FFFS! Add a kitten filter to sort armor and weapons by class type in the trade broker! I don’t need 8 pages of heavy armor listed when I search for my elementalist gear!
  • Did I miss the in-game practical reason for every doing non-Fractal dungeons? If you say fun, I don’t recall GW2 ever having “fun” dungeons.
  • High priced Cultural Armor and Weapons…RARES, not EXOTICS? <shakes head>
  • There needs to be more of a connection between WvW and the rest of game world, think Dark Ages of Camelot type thing here. Why does/should the rest of the server care if they lose their Border Lands?

Posted by: Tranquillity.8697

Tranquillity.8697

1. Remove Levels.
2. Soulbound —> Accountbound
3. Ability to change stats on ascended gear (like u can do with legendaries)
4. Blue AOE-rings for skills u benefit from.
5. Seperate PvE and WvW Build-Loadouts
6. PvP tournaments like gw1 HA and GvG’s
7. Codex-Arena like in GW1. GW2 lacks build diversity. Forcing players to use special Traits and Skills would be fun!

[Elona Reach]

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

I would buy that game in a heartbeat, it’s what GW2 should have been.