If YOU could change 7 things about GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: nahla.7138

nahla.7138

1. Add some traditional “!” quests with fun/unique quest rewards.
2. Give legendary weapons backstories/lore to make them feel more legendary (dunno what can be done for the unicorn launcher though). Also make them un-tradeable in the marketplace.
3. Stop PvE and PvP from affecting each others’ balance adjustments (seperate em).
4. Add Guild Halls.
5. Alter the marketplace to be more easy to use. Add more sorting options, etc.
6. Change the final personal story chapter to remove the forced group pre-dungeon part. A personal story shouldn’t require a LFG.
7. Make town clothes into “costumes”, and make them work how they did in GW1. You still keep your armor and gear, but the costume goes into its own slot and is what shows on your character. Add many more costume options. Make some of them attainable only by in-game accomplishments.

GW2 is NOT “free to play”! It’s “buy to play”!
I need a good guild. Q_Q

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Shouldn’t this be in the suggestion forum?

shrugs

A lot of the things I dream about for this game would be incredibly complicated to implement, but since the OP didn’t list any restrictions:

1. Compromise between the current weapon-based skill system and the GW skill system: Create a pool of available skills for each weapon skill slot that the player can choose from and truly customize a build.

2. Revamp loot mechanics: mobs no longer drop random armors, weapons, potions, etc. that make no sense (“Oooh, this rabbit just dropped the staff I wanted!”). Instead, the mobs drop raw materials that can either be traded to heart vendors for loot unique to the given area, or used in crafting for the player to create their own gear. The dropped raw materials would actually make sense for the given mob (maybe instead of a staff, you get a rabbit skin for armor lining, or a rabbit’s foot to make a trinket). Mobs that should have weapons and armor, such as bandits, will drop their possessions, which can be salvaged for raw materials, used outright, or sold.

3. Revamp crafting: with the changed loot mechanics from idea #2, crafting would need to be more robust. Make town clothes craftable, make armor stat combinations more versatile, and make crafting have more possibilities for customization. For example, instead of crafting a greatsword outright, the crafter first creates a pommel, a hilt, a blade, and a sheath. Each of the four items has its own appearance and stats that, when combined, creates the exact look and stat combo the player is trying for. Simpler, streamlined recipes should also be available for players who are less interested in crafting or cosmetics and just want to kill things. Nothing made through crafting should be account bound.

3. Hard mode for dungeons that would randomly generate a path from a small selection of available boss encounters, similar to Torchlight and many other games. It would reward a second-tier dungeon token that could be traded for the first-tier tokens (for the exotic armor/weapons) or used for ascended armor and weapons.

4. Customizable player housing and guild halls as part of the home instance. A full housing editor similar to Skyrim’s Hearthfire DLC or the proposed Wildstar housing would be very fun. It could even potentially be an expansion for crafting, with tradable blueprints for rooms (the feast version being the entire house).

5. Revamp the encounter with Zhaitan. Then, adjust Orr: before a player has completed their personal story, they are placed into overflow-style instanced versions of the three Orr maps that are fully explorable and overrun with Risen. After completing the personal story, the player is placed into the end-game Orr zones, where the vast majority of Risen are replaced with alternate mob types. Dynamic events, temples, and world events are unchanged, as the remaining Risen are still resisting the Pact’s movements despite Zhaitan’s defeat, but the mobs wandering the zones are altered to suggest that the Risen forces are dwindling. In select outposts, an NPC should allow the player to reenter the instanced maps to play with friends that have not yet completed their personal story.

6. Split new cosmetic skins between the gem store and rewards for actual content. Perhaps have individual armor pieces as meta achievement rewards for the Living Story, so that if a player completes the entire multi-release arc, he/she has a new cosmetic armor set instead of six backpieces that are unrelated to one another.

7. Revert WvW to ranking-based match-ups.

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

1-I’d give Ele’s larger base health pools
2-I’d give medium armors what they want, Awesome Skins with no coats
3-Add cultural like armors to TP – so sylvari’s don’t have to look like that little, skinny kid in the large metal jumpsuit or 10-gallon feathered hat.
4-Give larger AP bonuses/points to specific hard-to-obtain rewards
5-Give a single title for each legendary you own (because making just 1 isn’t easy, let alone 5 or 10)
6-Add buyable Ascended Gear/Weapons & Armor to TP for those who simply despise crafting but have the gold & money to spend
7-Add Mermaids/Mermen & a complete underwater dungeon that has great rewards to reap

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

1. Get rid of ascended weapons/armor and vertical progression. This is not in line with what the games was advertized as and puts the top tier of gear so far out of so many people’s hands it’s almost insulting…not to mention the unbelievable grinding that’s required to makes these. This is not casual nor alt nor multi-build friendly.
  2. Get rid of the condition cap in PvE. As it is now, really any more than two condition users in a group is redundant, but you can have as many power users in a group as you want and they can all be effective. In a large group any pure condition spec is essentially useless since every class/build has the ability to cause conditions and chews up those stacks.
  3. Filter armor by class in the TP light/medium/heavy…really, c’mon.
  4. Get rid of the gem to gold conversion in the gem store, it causes unnecessary inflation in the TP.
  5. Some useful infusion for those who do not want to do fractals. Cosmetic infusions for instance, just to add some sort of effects to weapons, infusions that add to boon duration, condition removal or stamina recovery. Anything that would make them useful outside of fractals. The ones at the laurel vender now…+4 condition damage? I realize the boosted stats are already in the item, but that infusion is really not worth 1 laurel let alone what they actually cost.
  6. I would love to see the bots brought back to bring down prices in the TP (Don’t bother to hate-spam me because I don’t care). You could just watch prices go up daily after the big bot purge. It was A LOT of supply suddenly not going in to the TP.
  7. Get rid of soulbound items. Legendary/ascended items should never be soulbound. If bound at all, items should be account bound. This is a large part of the reason I’ve never bother to level an alt. Dyes too, there’s no reason a dye should be soulbound.
  8. Make hair accessories part of the headgear dye palate. I have green ribbons in my hair with my red/black/white armor. Doesn’t look good. I’m happy with my appearance other than that and not using a pile of gems on a hair style kit to change the color of the ribbons. So I wear a hood instead.

(edited by Leamas.5803)

Posted by: Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

1. Make ascended weapons/armors the precursor to legendaries to give a real reason to work as hard as people have to in order to acquire them.

2. Add an armor filter to the BLTP and make the interface a little less clunky (different less awful text, and rearrange the tabs to work a little better with one another like when checking the current price of something under the “items im buying/selling” tab)

3. Rangers pets STAY STOWED… and provide some sort of boost to your stats for having them stowed so you’re not punished in certain situations for having the pet or annoyed when doing jumping puzzles or running to locations.

4. Henchmen or some form of that for dungeons, and get rid of the gimmicky things that require you to have x amount of players to hit x amount of things to advance to the next area.

5. Make cultural armors exotic not rare… forcing someone to drop 120g then buy transmutation crystals is kinda bothersome to me.

6. Readjust the prices for some of the consumable items on the trading post or make a viable way to acquire them in pve (I mean really… when you take into consideration gem conversion and the lack of real ways to acquire some of the things like trans crystals and boosts it gets a bit crazy) and make skins acquired on there go to the achievement pannel for additional alt uses.

7. GUILD HALLS GUILD HALLS GUILD HALLS GUILD HALLS.

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

1 Remove the cash-shop (or at least 99% of it) and let Anet make money with a focus on expansions. (and then in expansions we can put thinks like guild-halls and so on.. but that are later addition for those expansion. Not for the current game)

2 Undo all negative effects the gem-store had. So place mini’s in the game. Stop the currency driven gameplay by letting you get items as drops or quest rewards and so on. Same for all type of items like skins and craft recipe’s, not only mini’s. But also fixing issues like guild-options that now had no priority because it did not benefit the gem-sales, time-gated content, putting hair-styles in the game at a barber for a few silver per hair-cut and so on

3 Remove the living story as it is. There might still be a little story ongoing to the next expansion but nothing with temporary achievements, rewards and other temporary content.

(The first 3 together should also mean the end of the endless grind in this game)

4 Make is really an open word so no instanced maps.

5 Include traditional quest / quest-linesin the whole world.

6 Include fun-crafts like taming beast (like you can really influence there look by crossing different looking moa’s and so on), engineering craft (see WoW), and many other fun-crafts.

7 Include mounds and other fas-travel options (ships and so on) while removing way-points.

This post is like a nice conclusion of the items I have been discussing on the forums. Not 100% complete but it will do.

(edited by Devata.6589)

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Remove daily achievements.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Leamas.5803

Why?

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Why?

Probably high up on the leaderboard and is sick of having 99% of their playtime dedicated to dailies and LS stuff.

Leamas.5803

Why?

Probably high up on the leaderboard and is sick of having 99% of their playtime dedicated to dailies and LS stuff.

Ahhh, PvP achievements. Makes more sense.

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

My number 1 change is for GW2 is for it to be more like this game:

http://youtu.be/4XvJNQ8_3GM

^These people know how to make an MMORPG, and THIS game is what GW2 wishes it could be when it grows up.

THIS – there are easily 7 things in this manifesto (which was the first and last thing I checked out prior to buying the game) that were started and just not completed. One example – “our game is not about grind” – dynamic events in some areas are dense enough to make this a reality.

But in others (generally-speaking: the farther from a city you go… of course there are a few exceptions), there are painfully few dynamic events going on. For this particular issue, more Dynamic Events, or even changing Dynamic Events (which they did this patch in Kessex) occasionally would go a long way to meet the expectations in the manifesto.

Another of the points was combat – at first, it is fantastic. Once you get the hang of it, though, one of my “fears” after hearing about combat, the abolition of the Trinity, and the limited number of skills available at once in the manifesto was realized – we became essentially the same characters with slightly different cosmetic differences. More skills and more from which to choose would help alleviate some of this “same-ness”.

Finish your thoughts, anet – they were good. Cut it out with the new shinies and finish your thoughts.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

1. Give cosmetic endgame the try it deserves instead of the half-kittened try it actually got
  2. Fix condition damage in PvE
  3. Put in an option to reduce/eliminate particle spam, fks
  4. Add FoW and UW as elite areas, with desirable rewards that will promote repetition; make these areas fun to play by basing the difficulty on mob AI that is closer to player behavior instead of just using one-hit-kill mechanics and large bags of health
  5. Provide more non-trench-coat medium armor options, and more non-skirt/robe/dress light armor options
  6. Do more to promote the game’s dynamic events as go-to content; load rewards into event completion rather than the herd content of the week; create unique rewards for different zones to promote players using more of the game’s content
  7. Revamp Ascended so that the various pieces can be obtained no matter one’s preferred play-style; use rings — which can be gained in a dungeon, via open-world PvE and without leaving WvW — as a model for the rest of the pieces; and fks revise the drop tables so we don’t have to get lucky on 3 separate RNG tables to get a desirable Ascended drop

Posted by: pdg.8462

pdg.8462

^These people know how to make an MMORPG, and THIS game is what GW2 wishes it could be when it grows up.

Wow. That video really makes you ask yourself “What happened?”

Posted by: Spiral Architect.6540

Spiral Architect.6540

1. Remove all ascended gear. Put agony infusion slots on exotics.
2. Remove Unshakable and Defiant buffs.
3. Rework all dungeon bosses (no more big bags of hitpoints).
4. Reduce the use of knockdown and snare mechanics on dungeon trash by 90%.
5. Retune dragon/world boss fights — all of them, including Teq.
6. Remove diminishing returns.
7. Create a TP UI that’s actually useful.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

1) Dyeable Weapons
2) Give Ascended gear and weapons the stat-switch ability
3) Account bound Legendaries
4) Allow players to pick up surrounding loot bags and loot when dead
5) Reintroduce many GW1 skins to the game
6) Have a skin locker with skins that are permanently unlocked for your characters
7) Allow us to buy individual armor pieces in the gem store for a slightly higher price. For example, if a full set of armor from the gem store cost 800 gems (6 skins as a set x 133.3 gems), make it so that you could also buy pieces separately, for a slightly higher price, like 150 or even 180 gems for 1 piece. That way people spend gems on only items they want, rather than refusing to spend any gems at all because they don’t want to fork out 800 for a whole set.

Those would be my main 7. Others I would add:

—> Allow WvW armor and weapons to be salvaged – mainly so that you can get your runes and sigils back should you want to put them on another character (they cost a ton of badges as well as gold after all, I mean c’mon, that isn’t overpowered, and from what I heard, dungeon armor can be salvaged, so why not WvW stuff?)

—> Give engineers the ability to hide and change the skin of the backpiece of weapon kits, and perhaps also allow engineers to change the skin of the weapon. It’s all very well having a nice outfit, but it’s ruined when you get this big ugly brown sack on your back when wielding the flamethrower, for example. And it would be cool to apply whatever weapon you’re wielding, to the weapon kit that you’re using – so the flamethrower weapon kit skin could be changed to that of another rifle skin or something.

—> Race change gem store item for 1200-1800 gems. Players would receive a warning that their personal story would be reset in order to make this change, and any cultural armor they have would become account bound (still race-bound too) after using this item (to allow yourself to transfer those cultural armors to another character of the original race you just had changed).

—> Allow players who have already unlocked world completion, to apply it to other characters of theirs. When this is applied, you will obviously not receive any world completion rewards for that character it is applied to, as it would become 100% automatically. This is simply for the convenience of having everything unlocked and would be great for alts who need to get around the world, without the hassle of going through umpteen million areas and tasks again.

—> Put ascended weapon and armor boxes as rewards for WvW badges. Each chest would require at least 1 crafting skill to be level 500, and would cost 2-3k badges (so it would take quite long, but wouldn’t be overpowered) – Anet could decide on how many badges would be appropriate.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Posted by: Sablin.8071

Sablin.8071

1) Remove the in combat movement speed reduction

2) Remove ascended gear entirely

3) Add functionality to be able to switch between stats and runes on armour and sigils on weapons so that you can change between them once you have added them to a item, kinda like how you can change between stats on a legendary.

4) Fire the current careers team and get people in who can properly balance the classes.

5) Get rid of achievement points

I really could go on and on but if they did any of this id be impressed

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

1. Ascended has same stats as exotic, only difference is infusions for fractals.
2. No DR
3. No RMT ie.buying gems to gold
4. Legendaries and precursors unable to be sold
5. Method of obtaining precursors apart from RNG
6. All classes can use all weapon types
7. A hard and fast rule for every piece of content that for every method of obtaining loot via RNG that there is a reasonable alternative.
8. (sorry can’t leave it at 7) sPVP has multiple different game types and is not regarded as an esport.
9. Balance for WvW, sPVP and PvE is all different.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

1. Class Roles.
2. Combat.
3. Progression.
4. Rewards.
5. Story.

Those are the major downsides to GW2 at the moment. They need to be improved and reworked. I really can’t think of 2 more right now though.

Posted by: Siliconmana.3816

Siliconmana.3816

Oh, that is SO easy!
Really, all points just relate to the broken promises of Anet to remain faithful to our beloved Guild Wars. The best MMO EVER!!!

1. Remove legendaries
2. Remove gear grinds & progression
3. Bring back HA/TA/GVG PvP
4. Give us back our Guild Halls!
5. Kill Scarlett forever!
6. DO NOT introduce legendaries in to sPVP, the only place safe from gear/weapon grinds!!!!
7. Customisable UI – ’ Dont you hate those annoying pop up screens right in middle of screen in a fight when you’re just about to die. Wouldn’t you just like to be able to move it slightly off direct centre of screen!)

So, that’s a start, yet impossible l suppose since more and more the game is going the sad Korean gear grind path.
I guess Anet had to weigh up their loyalty to their original Gw1 player base or their greed for the dollar by appeasing players with the korean grind mmo mentality…and welcome the gold seller spam!

[KnT][KnM] – Blackgate

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

1. I would change the sexist portrayal of female armor. An armor set would look the same on men and women—full body plate on a man would be full body plate on a woman. A bikini on a woman would be a codpiece on a man. I wouldn’t exclude sexy gear, but I would make it equal.

2. I would completely revamp the human character creation. I would remove the anime-style bodies and faces, and replace them with a variety of realistic bodies and faces. Both male and female characters could have a body from skinny to chubby, scrawny to body-builder, and youthful to aged. While a perfect, airbrushed look would be an OPTION, it would be alongside the option to have flaws, be ugly, be ordinary, be old, be young, or just be different.

3. I would make the personal story more engaging, with more options to develop your character’s individual personality and outlook. I would include options for your character to be morally ambiguous or wicked—without having them go completely over to the dark side.

4. I would direct the Living Story toward the old Guild Wars 1 lore. I would explore the unanswered questions and mysteries left in Guild Wars 1, and work towards opening up the areas of the map which are currently inaccessible.

5. I would make certain that each armor fits each race correctly, before releasing it. The charr would NOT have clipping issues. The asura would NOT have to try so hard to find a good-looking outfit. The sylvari would have more plant-themed choices.

6. Thieves would not be called thieves, because that’s a stupid name.

7. Redo the Edge of Destiny story so that Logan isn’t portrayed as such a loathsome blockhead, and so he maybe has some redeeming features.

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

Yeah, those guys knew how to make a game, where are they now?
Why is that while watching this video, I feel cheated?
THIS is why I bought the game, the exact and complete reason.
But now, I can even download something like Tera and have more fun there, it at least have refreshing combat system imo, targetting mobs by clicking/tabbing them sucks anyway…..

#ELEtism 4ever

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

1) Remove the in combat movement speed reduction

Heck yes! I hate that speed reduction so much. Half the time it feels like my character is running in syrup. It’s almost like the game has terrible performance, when in fact it is just this awful mechanic making your character slower than Norgu walking towards a restaurant exit.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

I cannot wait until that game comes out :P

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

6. Thieves would not be called thieves, because that’s a stupid name.

+1 for that… I thought that was a ridiculous name for them since I started playing and rolled my first character as a thief and quickly realized I wasn’t stealing anything… should be assassin like in gw1 with as much as they are stealthed or “squishy backstabber” .. something that ya’know… represents what they really are more.

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

Most of these lists are just terrible, and yet you wonder why they don’t listen to most of it.

Posted by: BeoErgon.9107

BeoErgon.9107

1. Remove gems to gold conversion
2. Ascended should be exotic stats + infusion slots
3. Make conditions/control/support meaningful in PVE dungeons (trinity was not fun… All classes doing melee DPS is even less fun)
4. PVE skin locker
5. Split forever PVP/WWW from PVE and stop destroying PVE builds and roles.
6. In dungeons, get rid of the aggro reset. If a mob aggroes you, it will be kill or get killed. Runners will need to be a lot more careful (just for the record I do dungeon runs too)
7. Be able to switch between two armor and two builds per character.

Posted by: Tyrannus Blade.3408

Tyrannus Blade.3408

1: The gem store is more reasonable:
-Less rip-off prices (500 gems ~£5 for ONE piece of poorly made armour, 1000 gems ~£11 for ONE unlimited gathering tool, 800 gems £8.50 for a mere 250 stack increase. All of these are far too high.)
-Less holding stuff that should be part of the game hostage (exclusive faces).
-More weapon skins that can be bought directly for a reasonable amount.
-No holding back huge QoL changes for the sake of the gem store (transmutation crystals → PvE locker)

2: No combat movement speed reduction.
3: Better balancing. You have 3 major game modes. Stop balancing around just one of them.
4: Better gear modelling. 5 races, armour is only fitted and textured to look good on 1 of them, only looks good on Sylvari because they’re so similar to humans.
5: Charr industry is more apparent and convenient. I’m talking heavy freight trains, air ship supply lines, planes and ironclad steamer ships. The use of Charr vehicles, superior siege in WvW turns into respective charr artillery.
6: All cities are to the quality of Divinites Reach.
7: Everything else I would change.

Posted by: brittitude.1983

brittitude.1983

1. Mystic forge recipes have predetermined outcome so there is no RNG, even with precursors.
2. Remove soul-bound and account-bound from all items. Everything is tradable.
3. Remove light/medium/heavy requirements from armor. Everything is wearable by any profession. Stats are calculated on profession base.
4. All weapons can be used by every profession and each weapon has ten unique profession based options for skills. Skills are a choice.
5. Everything has scaling based on players from 1 to 100, including dungeons and fractals.
6. Create skin vault so skins can be used multiple times once owned.
7. Dye is account based, not character based.

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

1. Do away with “town clothes” and make them ALL skins. There are some pretty nice town clothes that I wouldn’t mind having for armor skins.

2. Build slots. I miss having weapons tabs, templates and 5 sets of armor depending on what I need to do. I would pay gems for slots to be able to hit a button and boom! new build, traits, armor, weaps and accessories.

3. Guild tools. I would even pay gems to have a “last online” column.

4. Risk vs. reward adjustments across the board. I can receive just as much for taking 10 seconds to zerg down a champ in Q’dale as I can soloing in Frostgorge for 20 minutes. What’s wrong with that picture?

5. No more tiers of armor/weapons/etc. Stop with what we have. Everything else should be cosmetic only.

6. Make skins you buy from the gem store go into your locker so you can withdraw them. Unles it’s a truly special skin, I am not going to pay that much for something I can only use once unless I buy (insert number) transmute crystals.

7. Take a good hard look at your RNG. Rare should be rare, but having a 1 out of 267,197,651,372 chance is a “bit” over the top (ok, a LOT over the top.)

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

1- No levels: I’m so tired of leveling in the same stupid pve world again and again.
2- Stats seperated from armour: way too much grind.
3- No soulbound stuff. All account-bound.
4- Remove ascended gear: what’s the point?
5- Make WvW like SPvP: full access to gears/skills/traits
6- Make more SPvP modes: capture the flag, death match, duel tournaments…
7- Let us climb with our hands. o_O

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

1: The gem store is more reasonable:
-Less rip-off prices (500 gems ~£5 for ONE piece of poorly made armour, 1000 gems ~£11 for ONE unlimited gathering tool, 800 gems £8.50 for a mere 250 stack increase. All of these are far too high.) …

First, I agree with you – I haven’t bought much anything but a couple keys in like the second week I played precisely because of the prices. However, the lack of price reduction so far proves SOMEONE’s paying these prices; so by definition, it’s not “too high”. Just too high for some of us to justify.

Posted by: Guardian.5142

Guardian.5142

1. Living story – paradigm. Needs fixing. Such as to say: after you finish your personal story and destroy Zaitan, all previous LS events should be open to you to participate in on your own time. They should be available at least once on every character and selectable (so we can skip things we’re not interested in). think: Casual game.
2. Living story – content. Needs better stories, script writing, character development and overall improved storytelling. Ask yourself, why should I want to do this content? If your result looks like it would be part of the Bleach main story arc, good game. If it looks like its turning into a Bleach filler episode… eh… pass.
3. Gem store – fill the mall with TONS of things and rotate around stock on a monthly basis (but don’t take things off permanently). So Dreamthistle logging axe is out for this month, but bring back Molten Alliance pickax, then next month that goes away and put in a permanent harvest scythe for a month, and so on. And keep them 800 square gems the few few rounds and then have them go for less. Sell individual pieces of GEM only armor sets and we’ll buy more of them. You can also take from those sales which pieces are lacking overall and fill demands where they exist.
4. Pet system choice – have a choice between tamed pet and castable nature element (for instance summonable bee swarm DoT, that doesn’t have the special attack, but gives good solid sustained dps. )
5. Housing systems – do eet! Everyone else has great ideas for that.
6. Underwater zones – I want a reason to have a legendary underwater weapon besides the adminration of the other folks farming in Southsun.
7. More “atmosphere” altering gear, that gives our eyes, aura or footfalls a unique effect (for instance via a Legendary back piece.) Keep it lore friendly, but just.. stylish.. kinda like Necro starting “face paint”. Also, if its a backslot, folks like engie’s with kits can still enjoy the effects while kit swapping.

What did ANET do when the sheer mass of the event ZERG was too much for the server to support?
They had to SPAWN MORE OVERFLOWS!

Sirendor.1394

SNIP

A lot of what you say would be incredible, but sadly it’s an utopia. We’ll never get something like this. :/

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

1. Pants
2. Pants
3. Pants
4. Angel Wing Back skin
5. Pants
6. Pants
7. Kitten it, just unlock all armors and appearance items. There’s enough to make me happy, it’s just gated and can’t be used.

Honestly, a new artistic direction would be nice. I’d like more fantasy and flare than the morbid and muted. Wintersday makes it so much more obvious to me. I wish there was more to actually build as I’m getting sick of death and violence. And yet, my time is either spent killing in a wholesale fashion or figuring out the most efficient means of killing. All so I can keep up with inflation.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

SNIP

A lot of what you say would be incredible, but sadly it’s an utopia. We’ll never get something like this. :/

Eh, some of them could be ‘easily’ remedied (easily being relative and all to what I wrote).

• Use existing content for the skill acquisition part.
  • Create more maps for WvW. The variety and ‘blindness’ I feel would add so much.
  • The scaling on the individual bosses.
Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

1-all classes all weapons—reason—we all started at lvl 1, and it is at that level its hardest to get gear—especially if you are just starting out.

2 TP cost—remove it—reason—its pointless—if you have enough gold to sell a legendary, the cost wont affect you (possibly), if your a beginner, it will almost certainly impact you.

3 NPC armour/ weapon sellers—make them useful, and reduce the cost—reason—you can get far better gear on the TP for a fraction of the cost, making them totally redundant.

4 Stealth—(this wont be popular)—make it an internal countdown, for every class—reason—i don’t like stealth—even on my thief, so kinda selfish on that one—soz. Although to compensate I would increase classes heavily dependent on it to have an increase in stats, making them less squishy.

5 The final Arrah story--not sure if anyone has pointed this out--but it requires some polish (and that's being nice about it!)

6 Be able to join parties by right clicking on the name that is advertising (currently can’t once two or more join) AND, have the join party function, in top left of screen be more user friendly. Currently, if you type in the name of the person forming the party, and you click on the wrong box, it wont recognize it, and you have to start over, kinda frustrating.

Finally thought of the last one, which should have been obvious to me, because I had been thinking about it for a while doh!

7 Ascended—make them tradeable—reason—lets have a sing song to this one, to the Tune of Sesame Street on this one, ‘One of these things is not like the others, one of these things is not the same—-can you tell which one’?

Rares———————-tradable
exotics——————-tradable
Ascended—not tradable
Legendery————-tradable

(edited by Shadey Dancer.2907)

Posted by: Bhima.9518

Bhima.9518

1) More skills to choose from
2) More sPvP game modes (CTF… do it already)
3) Allow for parties to join hotjoin pvp and mini-games. WoW got this one right… not everyone wants to get rolled in Arenas
4) More guaranteed ways to get ascended gear through I dunno, actually playing the game instead of just crafting (I don’t count the less than 1% chance of a box dropping in fractals)
5) Announce an expansion that gives us more land to explore, maybe a new class, increase the level cap, new weapon types, etc.
6) a wardrobe system that is equitable to Anet and the players: IE a system like DCUO, except that, to unlock a specific skin forever it would take two lvl 80 transmutation crystals. That way Anet can still make money, and players can collect a ton of skins and unlock each one forever for two crystals per skin.
7) Don’t need a 7th, I feel these 6 would make this game pretty close to my ideal without being impossible to implement.

(edited by Bhima.9518)

Posted by: OrianZeta.1537

OrianZeta.1537

Scrub the “relaunch” part, would just make it a big bannered update.
-Two words: Guild. Halls.

-Upgrades to home instance (crafting stations, NPC services, decorations) and your own resources, such as a garden of harvesting nodes, and direct access from anywhere you’re playing the game.

-Allow free, unlimited trait resets from the hero panel in towns and open-world PvE (out of combat). Instances/WvW/sPvP will work by an NPC (with a cooldown) or using the gem item.

-“Half-legendaries”. Basically, none of the visuals but equal both in stat value and the ability to hot-swap attributes. The all-in-one item you’ll never need to replace.

-Highly increased personal story rewards (lots of rares, some exotics and an ascended weapon at the end, among other rewards)

-Overhaul guild content to accommodate smaller guilds so that they don’t need to depend upon large guilds running the same content.

-Strong regulations on trade, severely limiting bulk traders and punishing manipulation, including timed regulations coinciding with upcoming content to limit sudden market volatility.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

1. Turn all visual customization into unlocks.
Faces? Hair styles? Eyes? Skins? Visual effects from trinkets and legendaries (e.g.: Footsteps)? All unlocks.
Some per character, some account wide, but all unlocks.
Some free all the time, some with a cost every time they are used, but all unlocks.
You go the “Gladiator” skin from the karma vendors in a map? You can use gladiator on any armor after that.
Got a cultural armor? Any character of that race can use the skin from them on on their armor.
You changed your hair style with a makeover kit? The new hair becomes unlocked and you can go to a Stylist NPC and switch between all unlocked hair styles for a small coin fee.
A character equipped a legendary? The skin becomes unlocked and all other characters can use the skin in any compatible gear.

2. Turn all non-tradeable toys and tools into unlocks. Some free, some with a fee.
Got the boxing gloves with one character? Go to the toys&tools panel in the bank and any other character can get them too for free.
Got an account/soul-bound miniature? Go to the toys&tools panel in the bank with any character to take out unlimited copies of it.
Got a flute? Go to the… you get the idea.
Got a molten pickaxe? Go to the toys&tools panel, pay a smaller 100 gem fee, get another one. (Hey, this one saves you moneys, so at least pay something!)

3. Make learned recipes unlocked account wide, but not learned account wide.
A character would still have to learn the recipes, but once a character has learned a recipe, the rest can either use the same method to learn it (discovery, using the recipe sheet, etc) or go the the account-wide list (a new tab between crafting and discovering), pay extra karma (if it’s from a karma vendor, more expensive than going to the actual vendor), the materials (if it’s discoverable) or gold (for the rest) and learn it too.
For discoverable recipes, the crafting level must be reached, and exp for the discovery is earned. So its mostly a faster way to discover without double-clicking hat must.

4. Make new skills with high costs partially unlocks.
Instead having to pay a full price of a lot of skill points for them, make the first payment of a few more skill points, then the skill becomes unlocks, and the rest of the characters of that profession can get the skill for less than a 5th of that cost.

Hey, look at that! I don’t need 7!

Oh! Wait! There’s another one!

5. Give champions flags like nodes, puzzles or… well, any other thing with a guaranteed reward. Once the same one is killed enough times by the same account, that account will no longer get
Also, champion loot bags from champions spawned by events would be moved to the end of the event as part of the rewards for success, to a cap of 5. There events would also get flags.
The number of times these champions and events will deliver bonus loot bags would depend on difficulty. Easy Level 1-15 ones would give just one per day, while the hardest events with champions in orr could get to up to 10.

Hm… now that’s it.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Good question

1. One seamless world – No more load-screens and waypoints. They ruin the illusion of a comprehensive world.

2. No “heart quests” – They aren’t necessary and don’t add much to the game. Dynamic Events are sufficient.

3. More skills – No one wants to go back to juggling 50 skills, but more than 15 would be nice. Maybe about 25.

4. A better character progression system with more interesting builds.

5. A much, much, much larger and more involving WvW area. Acknowledge WvW as a core pillar of your endgame.

6. PvE raids – 10 man raid content could actually be really fun.

7. No more downed state – Design the game so that instant gibs are less common and thus downed-state isn’t necessary.

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

Why 7? Here are mine anyways…

1. More mechanics in dungeons than just purely DPSing a target down
2. More weapons.
3. Better elite skills and have them actually feel elite.
4. More variety in armor and races (this is probably coming sooner or later)
5. Bigger party sizes for large dungeons and WvW.
6. The ability to save builds, even if they had a cooldown so it couldn’t be abused.
7. There isn’t enough to do as a guild. Larger dungeons or something would be really nice.

Maguuma Guardian

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

1. Skin Acquisition to be more like the zenith skins- account bound, reusable, and self-contained.
2. Fix broken class mechanics. Engineers and rangers are at the top of my list.
3. Balance PvP, WvW and PvE separately.
4. Absolutely no more gear treadmills.
5. The ability to ignore a person (by clicking on their name) from emotes.
6. The ability to group up for daily activities.
7. Daily activities that include a rotation of all the previous mini-games, but the ability to access any of them on any day. (Only one gives credit for achievement/chest reward/allows grouping, etc.)
8. More and varied ways to acquire laurels.

I must say, though- I’m glad this thread isn’t full of wish fulfillment. There’s tons of stuff listed that I wouldn’t want to see happen.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: jayvux.4128

jayvux.4128

Make GW2 more than just a big artsy theme park!

1.) I love leveling in general, but levels in GW2 almost seem lackluster when they just get scaled up and down depending on the content; so they might as well be removed or give more meaning to them.
2.) Player-housing system and Guild hall!
3.) Build-Templates. (allows you to conveniently and swiftly change builds)
4.) Wardrobe for skins. Once you obtain it, you unlock it for the rest of your toons on that account.
5.) Make personal stories have a bigger impact in the game and make us feel more heroic than our NPCs; I feel merely as a mercenary for these heroic NPCs.
6.) Vanity progression
7.) “Add some traditional “!” quests with fun/unique rewards.”

Bonus! (Could not help myself)
8.) Enhance the value of old contents
9.) More diverse builds
10.) Make skills more fun and challenging to obtain.
11.) Make achievements feel more like real achievements. (Kill 1000 this, 1000 that, etc.; errrrrr…. That lack of depth to these achievements ._.) Some of the more time-requiring achievements such as finishing 500 fotms award not even a title whereas there is a title for pressing F 25 times (Title: Finders Keepers). Make these achievements more challenging, worthwhile and reasonable to do. And no, that does not mean boost to Kill 1000000 of that. The state of achievements at the moment is merely a grind-fest for the most part.
12.) Make dynamic events more rewarding. I don’t see much player-activity in these dynamic events anymore.
13.) Make non-zerk builds more viable in PvE. Non-zerk builds are as rare as precursors in the land of Tyria.
14.) RNG, horrible and not proportional across game contents. (Eg. WvW meta chest… most of us could have gotten all the same value of loots from that chest by farming a few champs in beginner’s zone, Queensdale)
16.) Aesthetics (skins) and achievement points as main rewards? (Looking back at Living Stories’ rewards). Anet, you can do better!
18.) Higher tier gears should have more functions that give them more depth and clear-cut advantages.
19.) “Give legendary weapons backstories/lore to make them feel more legendary (dunno what can be done for the unicorn launcher though). Also make them un-tradeable in the marketplace.”
20.) Unlockable visuals such as footsteps.
21.) Make GW2 the game it was originally planned to be.

21 <3 Me fave numbre

GM of Leaders [LEAD]
Server: Darkhaven (fb.com/groups/guildwars2darkhaven)
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJayvux

(edited by jayvux.4128)

Posted by: mage.3570

mage.3570

To this day, I still feel that GW1 is better than GW2 in many ways. Therefore, the 7 things which I would change are motivated by this thought, and are as follows:

1. More skills for all classes —> greater build diversity

2. Allow changing first 5 skills for each weapon between some fixed choices for each skill —> greater build diversity

3. Allow sidekick companion (like the free fire imp in GW1) when leveling alts from 1-40. This sidekick summoning item is given as a gift when you reach level 80 with a character. For the kicks, make this sidekick gift random, which could from vary from rabbits to dragons.

4. Allow town-clothes (aka costumes) to be worn in combat…like in GW1.

5. Harder dungeons requiring 8-12 per party like the elite missions in GW1.

6. Save and load builds and gear linked to those builds, again like in GW1.

7. Guild Halls

Been there, done that. What’s next?

Posted by: Malkavian.3751

Malkavian.3751

No specific order:

- Rework how new content is handled. Rather than biweekly content that is mostly fluff, disjointed, and unepic, release epic, large, and meaningful content every x amount of months. Remove temporary content. Add content based on existing lore, not boring new characters like Scarlet.

- Rework achievement system. Infinite repeatable achievements makes it pretty meaningless. Implement it more like WoW.

- Remove ascended items

- Add PvP arenas like WoW

- Add duels

Etc

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

1. issue: GW2 needs to be more mature.
    Right now, it’s too immature. It feels like a bad cartoon or something.

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

1. Less rng
2. Less rng related stuff
3. Less rng skins
4. less rng based acquiring of items
5. Things to be actually achieved rather then grinding and hoping rng has mercy on your soul.
6. Throw zommoros in a pit and let players torture him for items.
7. Balance should be balance not flavor of the month blanace.

Sirendor.1394

Before the developers think we don’t like the game: I think about everyone here does like the game and is simply expressing what would make the game even better in their experience. At this point GW2 is the best mmorpg on the market and it might stay the best for a long while, if you just keep adapting and revolving.

Posted by: Medieval.1679

Medieval.1679

1. proper guilds, guild management and guild halls
2. removing all invulnerable mobs
3. removing all account bound restrictions on loot (unless used)
4. make LFG work across servers
5. make events in wvw directly affect the pve world
6. get rid of the lag ingame

That’ll do for me.

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

1.Higher player capacity for WvW.
2.Alternate ways to get ascended armors besides the crafting grind, like with dungeon tolkens, commendations, or honor badges.
3.Account wide WvW rank progression, and wvw rank reset system.
4.Actual Buff effects for commander tags to zergs.
5.Allow different classes to use more types of existing weapons, and come up with skill sets for those weapons.
6. Create a world boss version of Zhaitan in cursed shore, and have him be as tough as a last boss should be.
7. Open up the locked zones like far Shiverspeaks, crystal desert, Blood Legion Homelands, Ring of Fire. Etc.