If YOU could change 7 things about GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

6. Create a world boss version of Zhaitan in cursed shore, and have him be as tough as a last boss should be.

I’ve suggested before that they should add an extra zone for the other side of Orr, that includes Zhaitan’s lair, and has him as an epic world boss. It would basically be a zone adjacent to Cursed Shore.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: Barsimoprimo.2759

Barsimoprimo.2759

1. Make the game actually open world.
2. Make it more sandbox( Meaning housing, farming, Naval Combat, etc…)
3. Make more skills for each weapon
4. Zhaitan fight needs a complete overhaul.
5. Not create a cliche story with poor writing that forces you to like horribly written characters( looking at you Logan)
6. Create ingame npc factions that players can join that are inconflict with each other( not based on race) All this come together story is boring and childish.
7.Create lots more skins and a armor and weapon skin wallet.

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

I think they should just take the best things that everyone loved about gw1 and the things that actually worked well and were enjoyable from gw2 and merge them together to create gw3.

GW2 had so much potential. I was so sad when the game didn’t deliver.

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

1) lower the level cap to 50.
2) Get rid of Ascended gear. If not that then have many more ways of acquiring it.
3) Maybe not remove Living Story but make it so that it leaves more permanent content
4) Make the actual LS story good
5) Give more skills to choose from per weapon set
6) dual spec for traits (so I can have a PVE spec and a WvW spec)
7) a PVE weapon/armor locker to more easily switch looks

There are many more things I’d like to change actually. But these are just the ones off the top of my head.

Posted by: Whitey.6185

Whitey.6185

1. Remove gold-to-gem transfer and reduce the cost of store item. Seriously, why do 3 little gathering tools that add no content to the game at all cost the same as the full boxed game? That is stupid.

2. Add more varied skills, including weapon, heal, utility, elite and racial skills.

3. More variety in PvP. Launching with just 1 game mode was a really bad mistake, I don’t even play much PvP and even I’m bored with the same mode already. We need more modes, different types of maps, new features and mechanics that are unique to PvP.

4. More varied and challenging dungeons. Almost every dungeon feels and plays the same, the only difference is which skinned mobs you are killing for the next few rooms. Kill mobs, hit a switch enter next room, kill a few more mobs, progress through a mind-boring “puzzle”, stack and AA a boss.. repeat.

5. Add solid combat roles. They always said before launch that you can play how you want. I want to play a healer, but I can’t. I stack as much healing power as possible, yet can’t even keep a single player alive in a dungeon.
I want to play a tank, so I stack as much toughness and vitality as possible, yet still die in 2-4 hits.

6. Make “personal” story more… personal. If I am playing my personal story then why on earth am I doing everything Trahearne tells me to, so he can claim how great he is at the end? Also, every race is effected by their own Dragon, so why are the Norn off farting around with Zhaitan when their biggest threat is Jormag?

7. More account progression instead of character. Ok so they have been improving this quite a lot since launch, but there is still a long way to go.
I want my dye unlocks to be unlocked for my account. I want my skins (especially ones bought with money from store) to be unlocked forever on my account and have unlimited access to them. Super rare items that you grind for a long time should be account bound not soulbound, and so on.

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

1) remove downed state/rallying, keep ability to rez from defeated, but not in combat
2) reallocate 80% the living story content developers to fixing existing traits and making new skills
3) remove or raise the AOE cap
4) ditch the fixed weapon skills concept, there should be a pool of skills for each weapon that you can choose from, with some weapon skills accessible to any class that can use that weapon (ie: weapon-specific skills as well as class-specific weapon skills).
5) allocate more resources to balance team, the pace they work at is ridiculous, the worst of any game i’ve ever played.

downed state is bad for PVP

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

Those are tweak GW2 ideas, not a new game (GW3)

1. Work on the health pools by switching Elementalist and Mesmer and generally lowering the highest pool by 10%.

2. Allow us to make Fine Transmutation Stones out of normal ones in the Mystic Forge.

3. Allow us to store the countless back item skins in the tab with the Zenith skins, even if it is only retractable once.

4. Make all racial armour be a skin and not a actual item.

5. Allow us to upgrade our home instance by adding those account bound items (e.g. Marjory’s journal) as a location/item to the instance.

6. Revert the introduction of ascended armour for ascended jewellery allowing the majority of players to catch up wit those already being stacked with ascended weapons, trinkets & Legendary weapons.

7. Introduce some defensive WvW abilities that make defending a structure actually worthwhile and counter that large amount of offensive abilities we have now.

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

Posted by: Shinoobi.1259

Shinoobi.1259

1. Rangers must spec into Beast Mastery to obtain a pet. Otherwise, they gain “nature attunements” which provide poison, blinding, torment, and bleeding on 1 attacks with weapons. They receive full scaling damage on their weapons. Speccing into Beast Mastery for those who want a pet will receive current damage scaling.

2. Give Rangers more offensive utilities. Currently most of their utilities and all of their elites are centered around making your pet deal more damage unless you spec into grandmaster sigil sharing. In WvW, most of your utilities become useless, because your pet will spend a lot of time dead and incapable of doing any damage. It’s more beneficial to keep your pet on passive, bring pets which bring utility as condition removal or boons, and suffer the DPS loss of not using your pet in combat at all unless it’s F2 and recalling them.

3. I would enjoy structure buffs to worlds which have less numbers on a map. If BG has 80 more people on their borderlands than SoR and JQ combined, then give structures minor vulnerability.

4. Let immobilize be taken off with a stun break or give it priority on condition removal.

5. Make Ascended Items account bound instead of soul bound.

6. Let us redye hair accessories after character creation.

7. Promoted Team Death Match sPvP. It would be quicker and more interesting to spectate than the current mode, in my opinion.

It was difficult for me to come up with seven things, but here they are. I feel strongly about the first two, though.

So Butter So Fly – Mesmer
Bossy B – Elementalist
Pocket Rot- Necro

Posted by: Gsjlink.4673

Gsjlink.4673

1. Turning transmutation stones into transmutation crystals

2. Dungeon retuning (mob placement, health, loot, some gating, removal of minimum range attacks, doomstack mechanics)

3. Home instance improvements (a way to get additional nodes at least)

4. Guild housing (a base of operations for missions, maybe once a day nodes which can be bought with influence/guild merits. Crafting stations, bank, portals to capital cities, etc. All upgrades require guild currency)

5. Guild bosses (Instanced. A diet raid – just one boss. Perhaps start with current world bosses.)

6. Guild dungeons (a week to finish? Use the same once a week merit mechanics. Perhaps an 8 man minimum, scaling as numbers grow.)

7. Build Diversity. Perhaps a “soft” trinity. For example, add various levels of defiant “piercing” to skills in order to promote control.

Bonus:
8. Underflow
9. Lower material requirements for certain crafted armor/weapons. The only ones I can think of off the top of my head are the corrupted weapons.)
10. Item skin vault
11. A final stand against Zhaitan, or a vastly improved conclusion in the Arah story instance.)

Posted by: BatsLoveCaves.5768

BatsLoveCaves.5768

1) Scrap the Living Story
2) Scrap the Living Story
3) Scrap the Living Story
4) Scrap the Living Story
5) Scrap the Living Story
6) Scrap the Living Story
7) Devote the time normally spent on the Living Story to developing better permanent content such as a proper expansion, more zones, more skills, more traits, more classes, more races, and more permanent dungeons. You know. The stuff that matters.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

-Upgrades to home instance (crafting stations, NPC services, decorations) and your own resources, such as a garden of harvesting nodes, and direct access from anywhere you’re playing the game.

I was thinking the same thing. A Wardrobe closet in the instance would be great too. Also, to have the Total Makeover Kits be active in there. That we can use the make over kit in there and it only becomes permanent when we leave the instance. The preview/creation window is subpar to say the least. I’d like to walk around and test drive a new look before purchasing

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

1. WvW no longer needed for PvE World Completion
2. No more Soulbound, replace it with Account Bound.
3. Skimpy armor sets and covering armor sets for both genders, no more huge differences between genders in the same armor set
4. PvE world expanded to include new areas and Orr updated to reflect Zhaitan’s demise
5. End Scarlet’s story.
6. Ability to filter armor by type (light, heavy, medium) in the TP when searching.
7. Add a decent pink color for hair to the make over kit.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

In no particular order.

1 Inspect Feature – Be able to check another players build/stats/gear.
2 Dueling System – Be able to accept or send duel requests (with the option to turn dueling off, so other players won’t get annoyed)
3 Weapon Dying – Be able to dye weapons the same way you can dye Armor.
4 Rework Stealth – Currently there are no solid counters to stealth. Add skills that reveal stealthed foes in a radius…
5 Precursors/Legendary Weapons – I want to see legendaries the way they were described to me originally. “Players will combine pieces they have gathered/earned from all over the game world into legendary weapons. Not bought” Precursors should be no more valuable than the next exotic weapon…. and we should not have to rely on buying them from another (lucky) player through the trading post. OR Precursors should be crafted using items that are difficult to obtain.
6 Recycled Content – Stop
7 Trading vs Trading Post – Be able to trade with other players in addition to using the trading post.

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

In no particular order.

2 Dueling System – Be able to accept or send duel requests (with the option to turn dueling off, so other players won’t get annoyed)
4 Rework Stealth – Currently there are no solid counters to stealth. Add skills that reveal stealthed foes in a radius…
5 Precursors/Legendary Weapons – I want to see legendaries the way they were described to me originally. “Players will combine pieces they have gathered/earned from all over the game world into legendary weapons. Not bought” Precursors should be no more valuable than the next exotic weapon…. and we should not have to rely on buying them from another (lucky) player through the trading post. OR Precursors should be crafted using items that are difficult to obtain.
7 Trading vs Trading Post – Be able to trade with other players in addition to using the trading post.

No

Posted by: Mordalus.8146

Mordalus.8146

1. Make the game less grindy (LS achievement grinding, ascended weapons, ascended armor, legendary weapons, etc.)
2. Remove the stacking = win mechanic in dungeons
3. Scale the Teq encounter for lower numbers of people
4. Add a traditional expansion
5. Make more permanent content
6. Reduce particle effect clutter
7. Make the game more alt friendly

Posted by: Spawne.3128

Spawne.3128

1) make it so magic find actually increases the chance of getting a good drop
2) increase the amount of items in the game by a factor of 5000
3) make it so that ascended and legendarys (aside of greatswords) actually live up to their names cosmetically
4) optimize the game so that I dont get 15fps in lions arch on a 1500 dollar gaming PC built from scratch
5) completely redo the entire mission “victory or death” and have destinys edge go down in a blaze of glory along with trahearne the way someone mentioned on this forum.
6) make the living world actually dynamic, moving weather, and a day night cycle that follows the clock
7) make it so guardians can dual wield axes or dual weild maces

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

GW2 should’ve had the 3 factions at war instead of the dragons. The Priory, Vigil, and Whispers could’ve made openworld pvp and wvw better.

Posted by: Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Hero’s for dungeons and fractals. Or get rid of dungeons and fractals.

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

1. Make Asura unplayable – They blow unbalanced things out of proportion and make balanced things feel unbalanced.

2. Have less instance based content (things like wintersday and dragonbash is refreshing and fun, most living story content however is not).

3. Space out story content better – I’ve long since stopped caring about the living world since it felt like I couldn’t visit everything there was to see while doing real world things.

4. Toning down passive combat – Things like healing signet, mesmer clones, ranger pets and certain condition unloading classes.

5. Removing soul bound – I’ve almost had friends quit the game when spending karma

6. Giving ascended weapons and armor the same stat switching treatment as legendaries due to the grind and giving legendaries some other exclusive feature.

7. Stop disguising features that should be built into the game as new and exclusive gem store items. I don’t mind upgrade items being in the gem store, but with the sheer amount of currencies, mats, and skins that keep being added to this game, I expect anet to give the bare minimum of bank space required to handle it all for free. It almost gives this game a f2p feeling when the base game is so restricting.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

Posted by: MikeyGrey.2496

MikeyGrey.2496

1. Conversion of living story to personal story+ and have it end with an expansion to cantha/elona (say every 1.5-2 years); living story replayable for those that miss it

2. Greater variety of skills/traits and a separate pool of weapon skills; trait points/skills changeable out-of-combat

3. Increased availability of ascended gear (via drops or currency; overall acquisition to be about 2-3x harder than exotic) and stat-changing; legendaries account-bound.

4. Guild halls/ player-owned-houses with upgrades tied to influence/ crafting

5. Heroes for instanced content; hard mode with a sidekick option/stat boost solo for regular pve

6. trading without tp/mail

7. party size to max out at 8; dungeons scaling to party size (solo-friendly)

Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind

(edited by MikeyGrey.2496)

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

1) No tier gear or if most exotic

2) Get rid of stats – skills increase in power via points put in your traits

3) More skills/trait options

4) Heroes/Henchmen to bring along in personal instances and dungeons

5) NO half click target/action combat!! Either one or the other.

6) Less time gated stuff

7) Wardrobe panel to customise armor from what we crafted/found in the game instead of transmuting.

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

In no particular order.

No

Care to elaborate?

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

1. Remove Ascended and Legendary tiers
2. Remove Vertical Progression as much as possible
3. Make Player characters the Heroes in the Stories
4. Make the Loot drops more useful than the overly dependent Economy
5. Make Dungeons Scale to the Players joining
6. Have only 20 levels but make monsters go to 35-40
7. Add more skills (100+)

(edited by Dante.1508)

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

In no particular order.

No

Care to elaborate?

I’m guessing for the usual reasons people do not want an Inspect feature: elitist attitudes, party kicks after an inspection and mockery of players not wearing/using the latest metas.

Those would be the reasons I sure as heck don’t want that WoW crap here.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

0: BODY BLOCK
1: rethink the whole ranger class
2: remove ascended craft and do it as in gw1
3: sandbox style wvw maps. let us to build towers
4: remove stealth from the game. that mechanism never will be balanced
5: rethink legendary craft system. why i need to do pve farm for 10-20 weeks to play on wvw with my legendary
6: let wvw players to be insta 80, craft armors, spend traits as pvp players

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Posted by: SchuMidas.4782

SchuMidas.4782

1) longer cd for monster and event to respawn.

2) remove 90% waypoints, kept the camp ones to promote more exploring.

3) remove downed system on PvP and WvW.

4) promote defensive play, 3s protection and 50s might is clear unstable mechanic. passive block and parry also need to be implemented.

5) determine ( you cant permanent CC a person till he died ) gives 5s-10s CC immunity

6) skill revamp, ex: damage remove stealth, lower CD for weaker skill

7) warrior to strong at everything, make other class equally in sense or nerf it to almost ground.

SchuMidas – Guardian
Guild Pro Baddies [Pro] @ Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Spawne.3128

Spawne.3128

i love some of these suggestions that make the game virtually unplayable lol

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

1- Add GvG and Guild Halls
2- Focus on the world map expansion for PvE

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

just 7?

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

0: BODY BLOCK
2: remove ascended craft and do it as in gw1
3: sandbox style wvw maps. let us to build towers
6: let wvw players to be insta 80, craft armors, spend traits as pvp players

YES OH GOD YES! I don’t think i’d ever stop playing if it was like this.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: Esya.3427

Esya.3427

My wish list in no particular order:

1. Story mode unlock for dungeons to become account wide.

2. Agony resistance to become account wide, similar to magic find change. Nice to have the fractal levels account wide, but I am still stuck on that one character that has AR equipped.

3. More guild managing tools.

4. Guild halls please.

5. More love to our home instances please. Even with the added nodes I don’t really go there.

6. More ways to obtain ascended weapons and armor than just crafting.

7. Wardrobe for all skins.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Remove soul and account bound, only bind on equip.

Remove combat rezzing

Optimize engine for client and server, this is an mmo and most PC’s cannot handle it right.

Better drops/loot.

Build templates

wvw wardrobe

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

1. Make the game actually open world.
2. Make it more sandbox( Meaning housing, farming, Naval Combat, etc…)
3. Make more skills for each weapon
4. Zhaitan fight needs a complete overhaul.
5. Not create a cliche story with poor writing that forces you to like horribly written characters( looking at you Logan)
6. Create ingame npc factions that players can join that are inconflict with each other( not based on race) All this come together story is boring and childish.
7.Create lots more skins and a armor and weapon skin wallet.

^this

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

1; More Maps 2; Elder Dragons 3; New Race 4; New Profession
5; Add armors buyable with karma without buttcapes or trenchcoat and not requiring transmute crystals because in the end we darn well know that’s all Anet thinks about.
6; A WvW sea maps with naval battle putting Corsairs vs The Queen’s fleet Vs The Risen Fleet.
7; Submarine fights, The Pact vs The Charr vs The Deep sea Largos fleet.

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

Fix the Over-A-Year-Old Bugs x 7

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Oh and rewards, playing the whole evening of WvW is a few scrubs, doing champ train farming an hour is way more. Lets not even talk about guild missions that are insanly easy and the reward is nowhere near what is fair for that.

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

1. Optimize the game. I have a quad core that drops to 3 frames per second for dragons because I have an AMD chip and not intel.

2. Make ascend weapons reachable. Unless you forgot about the no grind to get equipment. So grinders now have better equipment than average players.

3. Let us texture mod for PVE. It is fun and artistic. I loved that GW lets us do it.

4. Make at least 1 fun dungeon. It seem like you need to know secrets and special tricks to get though them. My group would like a fun dungeon to just battle though.

5. Put Teq back to the old way. My group does not even try to do him any more.

6. Stop bi-Weekly Living Story for Halloween and Wintersday. Lets us enjoy the seasonal event.

7. Get a better costume and outfit designer. Most of the costumes for females look like slghitly modified male outfits. GW! had great costumes. In real life, designers make outfits for men and woman different.

8. ( I know this was 7 but…) Add a second or third costume slot! Unless you want us to stop buying them for lack of space. Star Trek Online GIVE players 3 costume and duty slots for free.

(edited by Angelica Dream.7103)

Posted by: rojak.1894

rojak.1894

1. Faster map load times.
2. Less zerg events.
3. Remove party merge and instance owners, 3 to vote kick.
4. More open and explorable dungeons like Arah / elite single map areas like FoW, DoA in Gw1 with optional events (leet loot if completed all) and mob AI.
5. Less frequent living story, larger expansion release.

(edited by rojak.1894)

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Fix the Over-A-Year-Old Bugs x 7

Wouldnt buy a GW3, if all it was is a GW2 with bug fixes. thats not very fun.

Bugs are one thing, but features and gameplay is totally different.

Posted by: mergi.1407

mergi.1407

I only have one.

1. I want a sequel to GW1.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I only have one.

1. I want a sequel to GW1.

There was a sequel. its called Eye of the North.

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

i agree assendeth is forcing people run just one build cuz its grind fest to obtain it and shoud be removed

Posted by: SkipOne.8430

SkipOne.8430

1. Remove Levels
2. acquire new skills throught event chains or from unique Bosses
3. give everyone max gear stats / no grind for max stats!
4. add unique skins to dungeons chest which are sellable and very rare
5. Better Boss Mechanics
6. endgame is about areas / dungeons which need skills (not gear / no bersi speedclears) to solve them and about getting very rare (good looking) skins which can get upgraded to look even better (no stat upgrade, only skin) and about getting some titels with different Levels (like in gw1)
7. get more and good developer for making good skins
8. new areas / new endgame areas / bigger instances / harder chellangeable content
9. more guild stuff like guild halls, guild vs guild, guild activitys etc.
10. changeable stats on every armor and changeable runes / sigils ( I would like to see an unlock system and after unlocking them you can swap them out when you are not infight)
11. more alt friendly

Posted by: thepinkthingy.5921

thepinkthingy.5921

In no particular order….

1. Revamp the personal story. Make it more “personal”. Introduction to the LORE of GW2 (which is awesome). Cut scenes… meh. Its OK. The human storyline is especially too “good” to be true. Whatever happened to the real struggles and challenges that the main character faces on the road to becoming the Pact commander? Make Zhaitan battle the best of all(Cause its nothing compared to Taco Bell). What about the option to replay the SO EPIC battle with the Eye? Where are the other Elder Dragons at? Isn’t there more to the personal story rather than (fighting fighting fighting)? What about undertaking a research task as a member of the Durmand Priory? WHO IN THE WORLD IS TRAHEARNE?? (Unless you are Sylvari you should know this :P)
2. More variety of armor/weapon skins. I’m quite happy with the variety we have now, but………. we need more. I’m glad there are new skins coming out from the gem store (Love the Kasmeer’s staff!), now we need more obtainable via non-gem-store.
3. Crafting. It feels like button mashing to be honest. Doesnt look interesting visually. If its possible to see your toon baking saffron bread that makes a huge difference for me, lol.
4. Living story. One month per living story update. More time to gain achievements, more time to work on the next one. Well, if there isn’t a living story every month I’m still happy one update every two months! Recycling past living story? No worries!
5. Commander tags. One tag for Guild purposes (ie: guild missions, guild runs in wvw), one tag for PVE purposes, and one tag for wvw. Could be different colours! (Three types of Taco? Yes please!)
6. The home instance. Can we please have our own “home” where we can decorate our home, add furniture, craft… and invite our friends for a party? PLEAAASEE
7. Better opportunities to contact Devs in game, instead of just sending support ticket. This is especially so when there are in game disputes and issues that go on…………

They Came We Lag [LAG]
Isle of Janthir
#MakeIoJgreatagain

Posted by: Zynex.1406

Zynex.1406

i wish Gw2 was more like Gw1.

1. Dual class is the most original and fun thing i ever found in a game.

2. Use the story mode to unlock cities. Gw1 had a way better storymode imo.
The feelin i got now is: Kill risen kill risen and kill risen.

3. Add way more skills, so not everybody is running the same build.
Most fun thing about gw1 was developing your own builds. I had more fun doing that, then playing with the build.

4. More quests, ( Hearts ) in gw1 i had some really fun quest not even one quest was the same. In gw2 it’s: Kill 20 that, Res 20 that, Shoot 20 of those. Collect 20 this. Every region same things but with diffrent mobs or diffrent items.

5. Reset traits without a NPC. when i did WvW and i want to do a dung just let me change it. the 3,50s is nothing + it only cost u time what annoys me alot.

6. Make armor for the classes, so a guard can have diffrent armor then a warrior.

7. Make more pvp games, Jade quarry was alot of fun.

Woow cant even make it in 7 changes.
Add capturing elite skills, most fun ever. I remember trying to capture Avatar of balthazar with 8 other
Dervishes, when we got it we danced for hours lol!

Make bosses like gw1, Blabla The reaper, etc with their own unique skins.

(edited by Zynex.1406)

Posted by: E Tan.7385

E Tan.7385

1 – No more grindfest to have end game stats like GW1 : cheap buy exotic / ascended stats. all other ways to get stuff would only be about skin !

2- No need to have serveral gears because of stat : you have 1 armor, and you can store stat on it ( rabid.. knight.. berserker.. etc ) so like the runes. And change that in capital – mcm start spawn.

3 – WAY more skill like GW1. Serveral skills per weapons to really creat you own build like GW1.

4 – Stats and traits not linked anymore. like using 30 points for a stats will allow you to choose 3 minors and 1 major adept / Master / GrandMaster
allowing to do better combo.

5 – No more cooldown for weapons switching. that’s pointless and useless. why dont let us switch for just one skill and switch back ?

6 -Reset stat when i want ! And NO i dont want pay irl money for your reset stat item..

7 – PvP ! where are the 4v4 arena ? where are the 4v4 team arena, where is the 8v8 gvg ? there is the Heroes’ Ascent ?

I could find more than 7 points, but that would be a excelent stat to have a more correct game.

“we leave the grind to other MMOs.”
Mike Obrien
Legen – Wait for It – dary joke

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Hmmm… here’s my 2 cents….

1) Add some type of hero or hench for dungeons and other 5 man req instances. Not all players are extroverts, and sometimes find it difficult to interact with others. During off peak hours, it can be a long time to find people for specific content. Having this option for instanced content, such as dungeons, opens up this content to more people.

2) Let characters earn ascended materials (dragonite, bloodstone, empereal, etc) prior to hitting 80. We still won’t be able to craft ascended items until we’re 80, but it will reduce the feeling of grind that many are feeling, while still allowing for a longer acquisition time than exotics (since we have to wait on the time gating anyway). This might make ascended feel slightly more obtainable for a lot of people.

3) Optimize the game for a balance between gpu and cpu usage. Right now you’re beating heck out of my poor cpu and my shiny new graphics card is feeling neglected. Leverage the components available to you!

4) Give us more skill options. I realize this takes time since the skill first needs to be developed, and then rigorously tested for balance; however we need more diversity. Not just utility skills, but weapon skills as well. There were many good skills in GW1, but only a fraction of skills here. Leverage those original skills, and give us more weapon skill sets. (And make us earn the unlock of those sets in some way)

5) Create some type of “living story” historian, so that new players, or players that missed arcs can catch up on the story. This also might make it a little more coherent for some, depending on how it’s presented. (Yes, some people care about the story that is happening)

I’m not sure what my 6th and 7th options would be. Have to put some thought into it and edit this later.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: levionan.8506

levionan.8506

1. Gear progression system: Instead of having separate gears of various levels of rarity, make it so that each higher level of rarity is achieved by upgrading/enhancing a gear piece of lower rarity. For e.g., a Rare gear piece can be first upgraded to Exotic and then to Ascended.
  2. Gear/Stat/Skin management: Allow each gear piece to behave like the new Legendary weapons. That is, you can choose the desired inscriptions to use. However, the gear piece can only swap to an inscription that was invested first, i.e. as more inscriptions are added to a piece, that piece will have more swappable options. If it is bad for economy, then limit the options to 3 at any time; an old option (of the player’s choice) can be replaced with a new one. Apply the same mechanics to skins/transmutation. The idea is to have players continuously progressing the same set of gear instead of having to keep multiple sets.
  3. More options of a specific weapon’s skills instead of just 5. For e.g., the weapon skill slots is still limited to 5 but there could be 8 skills to choose from. Re-ordering of weapon skills or character-specific keybinds would be nice too.
  4. Design encounters with clear distinct purpose for varying roles. Or maybe, design the roles first. Current encounters seem to lack depth; mostly everyone is pretty much straight DPS. Are support roles worthless?
  5. Decoupling of stats and traits. Specific traits themselves can still alter overall stats, I’m referring to the additional stat points that come with advancing traits level.
  6. Have DEs run alongside long quest chains and ditch Personal Story. Quest chains typically do a better job of story-telling and since it’s not instanced, doesn’t feel as disconnected from the world like Personal Story. DEs, imo, are still good to keep.
  7. More PvP content to suit various audience. sPvP and GvG for serious PvPers, these can utilize the PvP gear system for balance. WvWvW is great for casuals but it’s lacking variety. I think casual PvP maps with their own objectives would be great, and they can just upscale with PvE gears (I guess PvP gears might be a turn-off for some).

(edited by levionan.8506)

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

i love some of these suggestions that make the game virtually unplayable lol

Too you.

Posted by: Drakenvold.9761

Drakenvold.9761

1-guild managing tools
2-guild halls/housing
3-additional side quests related to race,order and so on
4-companions who can be sen on missions (stat based ones like swtor) and only gather or give slight bonuses but dont fight
5-dueling and guild vs guild
6-inspect equipement
7-better story and more gritty narrative,more choices and better fights (yeah..zhaitan)