I am happy with current state of the game
and I never played GW1

If you can bring back one thing from GW1

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: tfwzyko.3516

tfwzyko.3516

I am happy with current state of the game
and I never played GW1

so glad you posted here, completely contributing.

Back on topic, i miss AB… this wvw is great but i liked the fast paced capping that AB had

Posted by: Cirian.8917

Cirian.8917

Craftable armour that I actually want to wear rather than immediately reskin…

… so how about craftable armour skins that work like HoM skins?

Ditto weapon skins.

The pet menagerie. You could see all the pets you’d acquired all in one place.

Fort Aspenwood. Assault-the-base is a cool PvP format. A simplified slice of WvW; instant action with a strict time limit.

Oh wait… just ONE thing? Okay:

Henchies for dungeons.

There are already contenders in game. The descendants of the original henchmen live in Divinity’s Reach, ready for adventure!

Attachments:

(edited by Cirian.8917)

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Zaishen Challenges.

Posted by: Furesy.6935

Furesy.6935

Uhm

1. Jade Quarry / Fort Aspenwood

2. Ability to completely customize your own skillbar (especially 1-5). Don’t need hundreds of skills but the choice between a total of 20 or so would be really sweet.

3. Different way of choosing traits (preferred the GW1 version, but this one isn’t bad either, just hope they provide more choices / make all the slots choose-able)

4. Basically a lot of functions that made GW1 really awesome in terms of Guilds / Alliances / Personalization

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

The Alliance chat channel. Man, I sure miss my allies.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Difficulty… GW2 PvE is just too easy and needs some places that require players to conquer content rather than run through it as fast as they can.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Posted by: Zii The Mad.2563

Zii The Mad.2563

Build-variety…
If GW2 had that, I’d actually play it.

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

Horizontal progression

Difficulty… GW2 PvE is just too easy and needs some places that require players to conquer content rather than run through it as fast as they can.

Build-variety…
If GW2 had that, I’d actually play it.

By your powers combined…

I am interested in seeing how many more tiers of gear this game will see throughout the years. Unless I am mistaken ascended armor and/or weapons will be released 2014. At this point I think they are leaving it open for a slower vertical progression than most mmo’s, possibly a biannual vs an annual or maybe not at all. Could you imagine though wasting hundreds of days worth of laurels for a complete set of ascended trinkets and armor and weapons and only have it be best in slot for X amount of time before the new wave hits? I plan on saving my laurels… all 24 of them….

I keep reading rumors and don’t know what to believe so if a dev has posted about how they are going about their vertical gear progression plan please link.

Hard mode I am assuming will come later as it did with gw1. But, on a vertical progression when best in slot is replaced usually every expansion it will end up a wow clone meaning it will need to do what wow did to accommodate for having harder content with gear that makes content easier than before. I want to think that ascended gear will be the end of it, but I don’t believe it.

I am assuming new weapons and as such skills be released in an expansion which will deal with expanding on build variety.

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

Dhuum

AmateurNet

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

The loot. I miss getting items I could vendor for a decent price.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

Posted by: Sai.5908

Sai.5908

I wish to bring back the epic storylines that made me fall in love with the game .

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

more skills for existing weapons, swappable via the weapon skills tab we already have

This. Having 8-10 skills per weapon that you could assign to 1-5 as you wanted would be amazing. Also, more than 2 skill sets to swap between. I feel obligated to take 1 melee set and 1 ranged set as it is, and I miss out on a lot of nice weapons & uses because of it.

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

Spears as a non-underwater weapon. Voltaic Spear is already in the game, but noone is using them, because of the only underwater usage

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

Posted by: jblade.6470

jblade.6470

- A deep, complex world and lore
- Interesting storyline
- Hench/Hero system and/or solo-able versions of content for story
- Trahearne wasn’t born
- Not exactly an answer but I want more ties to GW1

On that last point, I wish we could have had met heroes through a personal story (that was written better than the one we got) and we could party with them for dungeons and get to have deeper characters and plots. “Sky Pirates”? Really? Why not an attack by the White Mantle cult or the Tengu for changing the meaning of the Dragon Festival. Ashford was a fun touch but it didn’t last long. Living Stories can be amazing if you can actually tell a good story.

Posted by: Jovel.5706

Jovel.5706

The PvP modes GW1 has.

Trust me, I have a long list of things I’d want in the second game that were in the first but if ArenaNet were a wishing fairy and they asked me that question, I’d have to wish for the PvP modes I used to play in GW1.

Posted by: Mr Quinn.9815

Mr Quinn.9815

I’ve no need to ‘bring back anything’ from the original GW … I just go logon and play it.

:)

this notice was brought to you by a Misguided Misfit

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

armor, Maguuma Foret complete, Temble of balthazar it. Cascade with scultée heads … Cote tarnished … Full Cromlesh … True forest ambience.

Attachments:

# Asura because I’m worth it!

Posted by: Fox Reeveheart.1890

Fox Reeveheart.1890

CRAB ANIMAL COMPANIONS

THIS MAKES ME SO RELUCTANT TO PLAY MY RANGER

WHERE ARE MY CRAB PETS?

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

Cantha, just that

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

Heroes and mercenary heroes available for dungeons only, in order to fill a team in less than 2 hours for certain dead dungeons.

\||||||/
O°v°O

Posted by: Kaizz.7306

Kaizz.7306

Builds, and ability to change builds on the fly, with templates and sharing.

Posted by: falchion.3652

falchion.3652

Everything. Dual professions. More skills, skill selection. Skill capping. Long term pve titles for end game type goals besides legendaries (ie GWAMM or 50/50 hom).

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

save/load/respec multiple builds for free

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

GW1 was a much more polished game. GW2 feels like it was pushed out early. I played GW1 from the beginning, and it was a world, and had a strong community. GW2 feels like a theme park. While it indeed has many new ways of doing things, it really seems like they forgot what worked.

Okay let me explain. In GW1 if you wanted to change your look, there was an NPC with a screen showing how you could look, if you liked it you could click and save or make notes and buy the tokens and go back to the design NPC. That is well thought out and polished. The current system is like a large troll sitting on a rock asking, “Hmmm you want to look different.. WHACK, Ha ha now you look different”. You have to buy a kit and hopefully the changes will look acceptable. Sure you could argue you could create a new character, try out looks make notes and then go buy the kit. Either would work (provided you have an open slot). But one is clearly more polished.

Another example, was wearing clothing, combined with armor, for a unique look and wear it everywhere in or out of battle. Here, you can’t get your town clothes dirty, so get your armor back on mister. This is just dumb. Why go to the extent of having the ability to wear normal clothing if you can only do it in town.

Another example is legendary weapon skins and armor skins. There is no sense of accomplishment when all you need is a credit card. Sure some work long in game to build up the gold. Most don’t. Remember BS is the most popular profession in game. Most just whip out the cc and viola they have a legendary skin. Which is what Anet/NcSoft hopes we all will do. Not bloody likely. Unless the flashy look of a new Inuyasha sword would blind the foe and make them easy to kill, or laugh so hard at how much we spent, that at least would be a reason. Again, Polish. There is none.

One last example. When you got to the end of the storyline mission and faced Abaddon in GW1, if you stopped at the end of the trail where you first get a glimpse of him and dance, he joined in, your group wipes and you saw “You just got served” flash across the screen. Polish… I really miss it.

What would I bring here from GW1….

This mindset: http://www.guildwars.com/events/tradeshows/gc2007/gcspeech.php

Nuff Said..

Oh side note, all those waiting on a new expansion (Like factions etc in GW1) NcSoft has said they are waiting for the right time, and would rather focus on the living story. So translated, don’t hold your breath.

(edited by Evon Skyfyre.9673)

Posted by: Raylion.4362

Raylion.4362

Heroes but only in instances.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

id bring back the underworld and fissure of woe

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

(edited by Seras.5702)

Posted by: tocos.7453

tocos.7453

I would bring back gvg.

Ferguson Crossing
[SNKY]
The tankiest warrior on FC

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

I’d be happy with simply having the ability to save Trait/Utility builds

Travel for free to LA can be so amazing.

I really don’t know why they don’t do this. You already can achieve free travel to LA by going through Heart of the Mists so why not just make it a single step rather than two?

Henchies for dungeons.

Henchmen were intended to serve the purpose of allowing dungeons to be run with less than a full group, so I would rather see scaling for the dungeons to allow people to play them with whatever size group (from 1 to 5) they have.

The NPC AI is better in GW2 than in GW1 (which is to say GW2’s NPCs aren’t insane, suicidal monkeys intent on aggo-ing every mob in the zone) but I would prefer to minimize NPC reliance.

Single player games offer difficulty scaling, I don’t know why MMOs have not embraced it as well. Rewards could be adjusted so you get more the higher the difficulty or less if you just want to relax and see the content. Heck, GW2 already does this on a small scale with Story and Explorer modes or the FotM levels.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

(edited by DoctorOverlord.8620)

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Underworld, Fizzure of Woe, Domain of Anguish, Urgoz Warren, Deep.
More than one, but Underworld would be my first choice =D

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

For me, Monk profession

Posted by: Batdogi.7142

Batdogi.7142

Others have already covered bringing back AB or at least Cantha, But I’d have to say Guild Halls. I miss standing around and occasionally defending our guild hall with my Buddies.

“Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.”
? Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Skill Captures.. to Give Guildwars 2 some longevity.

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

UW
FOW
CAPES
MERCENARY HEROES so you can take your alts along and run dungeons alone

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

Fractions. Mainly so we could have housing and WvW in a more interesting way. WvW is fun but looking to the PvE world it feels a little useless. It’s like a separate game that resets every week.

With fractions it could have a real change on the world as you would be able to make WvW part of the normal maps. Involve housing in it, so let people put houses in the open world and also in that new WvW area (FvF it would then be I guess) so people are fighting to keep control over a peas of ground because there house our guild-hall is on it. It would make stuff more interesting.

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Cantha and Gargoyles.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Cantha, just that

Elona, just that

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Dat require 7 gold stormbow. Man what a collector’s item.

Req7 gold bows never existed.

On topic: I want the GW1 skill system and pvp.

You’re wrong. They existed before NF. From GW Wiki:

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Talk:Requirement#Req_7_Max_Inscribable

Also,

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Req7Shield.jpg

Did I say req7 weapons didn’t exist? I said req7 bows didn’t exist. Trust me, I’m one the guys that researched this stuff. Every weapon except bows (and spear/scythe) could drop as req7 pre NF.

Well I finally got back access to my GW1 account and you’re right. It was req. 8.

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Build and armor templates…..

Posted by: particlepinata.9865

particlepinata.9865

The ranger from gw 1. 2 worlds apart from gw 2. Miss my condy + interrupt builds :-p
Loved to interrupt those elementalist Luxons + ray of judgement smite monks in Fort Aspenwood. And Elona that also.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Theres alot of Things that id like to see bacl:

1) Capes
2) Mounts (Siege Devourer, Junundus)
3) Explorable Cantha
4) Explorable Elona
5) Explorable old Tyria regions like Ring of Fire, Crystal Desert, EotN Regions
6) Some Weapon Skins, like Celestial Weapons, Draconic Aegis, Storm Bow, Obsidian Blade
7) Some Armor Skins
8) Zaishen Quests
9) The Trial of Ascension Prophecies Style with fighting your Doppelganger, not just only a weak Mirror Clone, somethign that actually rellay feels to you like a significant Character Progression, that will lead to you not beign anymore the same, if you succesfully ascend, beign significantly more powerful after the Ascension in regard of having alot more Build options like multiple different Weapon Skill Sets, getting alot new Utility Skills, unlockign that way new Specializations ect.
10) Fort Aspenwood/ Jade Quarry as new PvP Maps for Stronghold
11) Missions with alot of different tasks and Bonus Side Tasks that reward you extra if you do them while beign in the Missions (could be some kind of new Guild Content > Guild Crusades)
12) The GW1 Minipets they should get ported to GW2, want my Kuunavang back in GW2
13) The GW1 Titles and Title Effects, to make Titles a bit more meaningful, but this tiem without effects that make titles mandatory, just more cosmetical effects this time.
14) Elite Areas like the Underworld as Endgame Content
15) Alot of missing GW1 enemy types that should make their return that are still missing
16) Skill Capturing from mighty enemies
17) Heroes in form of making our own Account Characters our own personal Heroes that we can recruit then like Mercenaries for small Gold Fees, this way GW2 gels also a new Gold Sink
18) The old GW1 Dungeons and the whole superior Dungeon System that provided also multiple Dungeon Floors, so Dungeons that had DEPTH and HEIGTH and aren’t only such flat 3/4 path crap like here in GW2 with zero depth in their design
19) The better Enemy A.I. of GW1
20) The old Minigames, WHERE IS POLYMOK FINALLY.. I also miss Rollerbeetles very much
21) Build Saving Mechanic
22) An own GW2 relative Hall of Monuments where we can show to players what we have reached all here in GW2 by binding our progress to some visual stuff in the Hall of Monuments of GW2.. lets call it for example the “Eye of the South”, so we find another place, that exactly works like the HoM in GW1, but is just responsible for GW2 and is at an other location at a place, that was in GW1 terms unexplorable, but is for GW2 a new explorable place somewhere in say Tyria.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Dervish, without question.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

An instanced world option. I would like to only play with the party I’m with!

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: dace.8019

dace.8019

Hard Mode hands down.

Posted by: Oenanthe.6549

Oenanthe.6549

Mesmers, playing the flute, standing on one leg.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Add another vote for Cantha!

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

i would bring back good quality storytelling

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

Celestial weapons, so many armour sets, ranger armour that wasn’t all long coats and the ones that were long coats actually looked good, characters that looked more like warriors and adults… how could I possibly choose one thing?

Oh, wait, Mini Gwen-chan.

Posted by: phil.1870

phil.1870

gw2 with the gw1 maps

Nodferatu….QT

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

What will it be? A skill, a build, a weapon, a profession, an armor set, what?

Elite Templar Armor.

Also if I get more things : Elite Platemail and The Underworld and Fissure of Woe.

Also : CAPES!

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”