If your character were real...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sarabande.8260

Sarabande.8260

By “real” I mean manifest in a physical reality of atoms and molecules as opposed to a digital reality of bits and pixels.

Now considering that, I beg you, describe for me in great detail what your character would smell like? It is best if you can take the time to accompany your answer with a screenshot of your character.

“Oh, but I am a super awesome and edgy PvP’er, elite gamer, or someone who just doesn’t gaf and what you ask sounds a lot like RP so I gotta balk at it!” Oh no, this ain’t RP. This is no “play.” I am very, VERY serious.

Also, please answer these questions. These questions can be answered for you the player or your character(s) whom you play.

~~~IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII~~~

1) If you (or your character) likes peanut butter do you prefer chunky or smooth?

2) If you are a US citizen (or if your character would be one if animated in our mechanical world) please answer the following: If I offered you $300 cash, and went further to ask you what denomination you would like your money to be delivered, what would that be? All 50s, all 20s, two hundred dollar bills and 5 20s? Want it all in pennies or quarters? Answer

3) I need to know you (or your character’s) favorite pizza toppings.

4) If you (or your character) are a dog lover, do you like German Shepherds, Pugs, or Boston Terriers?

5) Do you or your character prefer mathematics or the humanities?

That should suffice.

Thank You

Posted by: FunnyCide.5426

FunnyCide.5426

I am intrigued, as is my charr, Karashai. So she’ll be the one answering.

Karashai shrugs her furry shoulders, “I do not know what I smell like, since I do not smell myself. No one has ever held their nose around me and told me to go take a bath so I assume that I do not smell as bad as a bandit or a krait.”
She then tilts her head thinking for a moment before continuing, "I do tend to run around different areas of Tyria a lot. I also enjoy helping people and by that I mean any race. I tend to help injured people the most. So, I probably smell of the out doors and maybe a bit like who ever I have helped.

“As for peanut butter, have you ever tried to eat the chunky stuff with sharp and point teeth? It’s a nightmare. So definitely the creamy peanut butter. It licks off the spoon much nicer.”

She scratches her head a moment thinking through the next question and then answers, “I would want five twenties, ten tens, and twenty fives. Easier to pay for things with smaller bills plus it makes a bigger wad to bat around.”

“Hmmm…pizza. That is something that I can get behind. It has to have extra cheese and peperoni. Nothing fancy to cover up the flavor of that delightful mozzarella.”

She chuckles and laughs, “Dogs? What would I have a use for one of those for? They are sappy animals that I don’t quite understand why the humans like them so much. So for me it’s more a matter of which one is most fun to chase.”

“I prefer humanities as I got into my profession to be something of a healer.” She yawns and stretches, “Now if you’ll excuse me it’s time to go find a nice place to curl up for a while.”

Attachments:

Posted by: ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

Mine would smell like a sweaty dog. Charr in heavy armor, spending pretty much all day running around and killing things in PvE (and occasionally PvP and WvW).

Seriously, he never stands still, not even for a minute. And even when he does, he’s also an armorsmith and weaponsmith on the side. Right next to a hot, fiery forge, pounding a mallet over a searing chunk of metal for hours at a time.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

New car smell.

1) My character has never heard of the concept of butter. But I’m afraid for the next minotaur crossing his path. Probably crunchy.

2) Gems, the larger the better.

3) Meat! And ale.

4) Werepugs.

5) Ale.

Attachments:

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

This is Torvith. She smells of citrus (lemon/lime), a light floral, warm sunshine and a hint of honey, over rich amber.

She likes both chunky and smooth peanut butter. It just depends on what she’s using it for.

If you offered her $300, she’d want to know why. She’d ask you to donate any denomination to a local charity, rather than give it to her.

For pizza, she likes peperoncinis, tomatoes, mushrooms and red peppers on a white garlic sauce with tzatziki drizzled on top.

Torvith couldn’t pick a favourite dog breed, but I’m a fan of Shepherds.

I prefer the humanities.

Attachments:

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: dace.8019

dace.8019

Now considering that, I beg you, describe for me in great detail what your character would smell like?

Bloodstone dust.

Attachments:

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I’ll choose Kellgis for this.

He smells like clean mountain air, rocks, earth, and pine trees….after a wash. Before that he’ll absolutely reek from running around in his heavy armour all day.

1. Chunky, and straight out of the bottle
2. Nice place to visit
3. Two types of cheese with onion, tomato, mushroom, olives, and bacon. Lots of bacon.
4. He’s never at home so no dogs
5. Maths

Attachments:

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

(edited by zenleto.6179)

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I probably dont’ smell really good…

1) If you (or your character) likes peanut butter do you prefer chunky or smooth?
chunky

2) If you are a US citizen (or if your character would be one if animated in our mechanical world) please answer the following: If I offered you $300 cash, and went further to ask you what denomination you would like your money to be delivered, what would that be? All 50s, all 20s, two hundred dollar bills and 5 20s? Want it all in pennies or quarters? Answer
All 20’s
hawaian

4) If you (or your character) are a dog lover, do you like German Shepherds, Pugs, or Boston Terriers?
I’m a cat lover

humanities

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

Depends if its recently rained or not. Wet fur and all… Though she takes pride in keeping in good condition.

1) Chunky, being a charr, gotta have some crunch.

2) In a bank, where its safe and can grow. Invest just like Gnashblade!

3) Meatlovers, in the spirit of the best holiday ever. Meatoberfest!

4) Border Collie most likely. Loyalty and a companion.

5) Humanities.

Duty is heavier than death.

Posted by: Lazuli.2098

Lazuli.2098

describe for me in great detail what your character would smell like? It is best if you can take the time to accompany your answer with a screenshot of your character.

Aurora Wildborn is a ranger of the Shiverpeaks who as an agent of the Order of Whispers moves through the forest as inconspicuously as possible. She is most often accompanied by one of her cats. Her smell is a blend of sweat, wood smoke and the scent of the local flora. Which note predominates depends on the requirements of the current situation and how long it’s been since her last soak in a tub or a hot springs. Aurora likes to submerge herself in a warm bath at least once a week but that is not always possible when she’s on one of her missions. Then a “sponge bath” using water steeped in conifer needles or other predominant leaves of the area will suffice. It even helps her scent blend in.

Oops, forgot the picture.

Attachments:

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

My Norn ranger would probably have a smell of frosty blood and sweat and a bit of animal fur, and depending of the time of the year a stronger or weaker smell of a “fine ale”

Smooth

2) If you are a US citizen please answer the following: If I offered you $300 cash, and went further to ask you what denomination you would like your money to be delivered, what would that be?
I would ask to transfer to my bank account, if not possible, then in 100’s, so I would deposit it as soon as possible

Meatlovers

From that list German Shepherds, but Boxer is my favorite breed

Math for sure, both myself and my snow leopard follower Norn

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Sarabande.8260

Thank You all so much for sharing. I’ve read everything, not a keystroke has went to waste.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I beg you, describe for me in great detail what your character would smell like? It is best if you can take the time to accompany your answer with a screenshot of your character.

Lale is an adventurer for hire, so most times, due to both her every day life and the articles she carries with her, I would say her odour is a mix of the following: leather, dust, the smell of woods and mechanical oil, and “old book smell”.

Chunky. Smooth is a bit boring. Texture makes things more exciting. We like to go all the way. Same goes for mashed potatoes, soups and other food stuffs.

2) If you are a US citizen (or if your character would be one if animated in our mechanical world) please answer the following: If I offered you $300 cash, and went further to ask you what denomination you would like your money to be delivered, what would that be? All 50s, all 20s, two hundred dollar bills and 5 20s? Want it all in pennies or quarters?

3 50s
5 20s
3 10s
3 5s
5 1-dollar coins for the bus

Spicy mango curry.

Not a dog person, but the only dog I ever got to bond with is a border collie, so probably that. Or whichever is closest to that. German Shepherd? I like it when the wolf is still recognizable in a dog.

Mathematics, but both are equally important. I feel more passion for mathematics but spend a lot more time discussing humanities. Lale says: mathematics.

Thank you for this weird experience.

Attachments:

Posted by: Lazuli.2098

Lazuli.2098

He smells like clean mountain air, rocks, earth, and pine trees….after a wash. Before that he’ll absolutely reek from running around in his heavy armour all day.

LoL. Well at least his armor is well aerated. It would be easy for him to bend down, grab two hands full of snow and scrub his armpits. Maybe bending down would not be that great an idea. What’s he wearing under his kilt?

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Huh, bizarre set of questions. What a fun time.

Malus (aka Spaiten Malus, aka Spaiten Maluscrack) would smell of the metal and leather that grinds his fur during a battle. And the condensation (do Charr sweat?) and dirt and blood and gore that seeps under his armor. Assuming he hasn’t washed. Otherwise, I figure he’s actually pretty clean, being part cat ’n all, though I imagine a kind of earthy scent to go with it.

Peanut butter?
Me: Chunky!
Malus: Meat.
Me: Malus, that doesn’t answer the question.
Malus: The question is stupid and sticks to my mouth.
Me: Mu.
Malus: What?
Me: Nevermind.

$300 cash?
Me: All 20s.
Malus: I’ll take it in gold.
Me: Um, closest thing we have to gold would be gold dollars.
Malus: So… 300 gold? Burn me, that’s a lot.
Me: Not really…

Pizza toppings
Malus: Meat!
Me: On that, we agree.

Dogs
Me: I had a German Shepherd when I was little, and they’ve always been such great dogs.
Malus: I like the little ones with the smooshed faces. They roast really nice.
Me: Malus… No. Bad.

Math or Humanities?
Me: I’m something of a blend of both. Being one of those doofy D&D types, I love a good story, but data and science also appeal.
Malus: Which one lets me swing my hammer at things that annoy me?
Me: …Math?
Malus: Good. I’m going to use this Math thing to club whoever called the other thing “humanities.” It should be “Charrities.”

[Edited for screenshot]

Attachments:

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

(edited by Rauderi.8706)

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

My main (human ranger):

• Smells like well tended leather and a bit dried tobacco. He doesn’t smoke, but he likes the scent and it helps his wolves track him easier when needed.
  • Prefers smooth peanut butter.
  • Would prefer the money in $20 bills.
  • Would order a Meat Lovers’ pizza, or one with lots of meat but little spice. That way, he can share with his wolves.
  • Of the list, would prefer German Shepherds, but given his real choice will pick wolves. (The three land pets he uses are Artic Wolf, Grey Wolf, and Fern Hound.)
  • Would prefer the humanities.

My charr necromancer:

• Generally smells of clean laundry and fur. When you’re both a cook and a poison maker, being sloppy or messy is fatal.
  • Prefers smooth peanut butter for sandwiches, chunky for making cookies.
  • Would prefer the money in a mix of $5 and $20 bills.
  • Meat, cheese, meat, a little sauce, and meat. On a thin crust with cheese in it.
  • Would pick a German Shepherd, but really isn’t a dog person at all.
  • Would prefer math.

My sylvari engineer:

• Smells of gun oil, hot metal, and (sometimes) non-sylvari blood.
  • Prefers chunky peanut butter, because it’s easier to identify at a glance.
  • Would prefer the money in $100 bills, unless $2 bills become an option.
  • Would most likely roll dice to see what toppings he gets this time, as experimentation is fun.
  • Would also pick a German Shepherd, because of the choices they’re the ones he would think look the best.
  • Would prefer the humanities, but anyone he’s talking with would likely try to push him towards math after hearing his views.
Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

zenleto.6179

LoL. Well at least his armor is well aerated. It would be easy for him to bend down, grab two hands full of snow and scrub his armpits. Maybe bending down would not be that great an idea. What’s he wearing under his kilt?

Being a good maths boy he has boring Priory undies. And wooo does he need that style armour! Sweats like the Norn champ that he is. Much like his good mate….

Surtur

He smells of smoke, sweat, ash, and the warm blood of his foes.

1. burnt
2. he’ll have all of it and more (voted for Evon…)
3. a crush of his enemies well sprinkled with the lamentation of their women, and smoked ham…
4.hellhounds
5. neither

(sorry for adding another, the reply got away from me)

Attachments:

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I’ll bite.

My main (Human warrior) bears the smell of a legendary warrior of awesomeness. The stench of death, with the sickly sweet smell of sweat, and the sharp tang hot metal as he spends much time at the anvil in the armorsmiths shop.

1) He is allergic to peanuts, and thinks peanut butter is food for sissy la las, and old women.
2)$300 cash? In singles please. As much of a manly man that he is, he still strongly supports the local “single moms putting themselves through college” in the dance clubs at night.
3)Pizza toppings? No. He prefers his meat without the added bread, sauce and cheese thank you very much.
4)Dogs are for the old and invalid. They have no place by a testosterone fueled machine of glory.
5)Math is for those not strong enough to fight, and humanity is what he cleans off his axe at night.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Batdogi.7142

Batdogi.7142

Most days my thief Batdogi Smells like dank leathers that haven’t been washed in a week, are covered with blood stains and probably a fair bit of B.O. (minus the B.O. if she’s recently been in Lornar’s peak where she often goes for a swim to look for dwarven artifacts).

On fridays she’s just as likely to smell of various baked good such as peach pies, Rare veggie Pizza, or omnomberry tarts.

1)Creamy
2)crisp 100s three of them
3)mine? BBQ chicken, Batdogi’s? Veggie
4)Batdogi is more likely to look at a dog as an emergency food source. Myself I like all Dogs from the boston terrier size on up. Used to have A Boston AND a German Shepherd when I was a kid.
5) Myself Humanities, but recognize Maths are important. Batdogi would likely go with Maths(being thief ya know)

/as an aside My Sylvari Necro Savahna hears about the concept of peanut butter with rage and disgust. “You mean they crush up tiny embryos and eat them on platters made of other crushed up embryos that have been fermented with yeast?” “THAT’S HORRID!”

Attachments:

“Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.”
? Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

(edited by Batdogi.7142)

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

1. Meat, maybe with cheese. Cheesey meat.
2. 100s. Easier to spend on the biggest gun he could find, then laugh at how small it was compared to his charrzooka.
3. Meat topping.
4. Love all dogs. Easy source of a meal or snack depending on size.
5. Mathematics. Don’t care bout humans.

Posted by: TehGFreeman.1534

TehGFreeman.1534

Smell:
Eres (Sylvari Mesmer) – Fragrant, like a meadow.
Ffion (Sylvari Necro) – Earthy and a little dank?
Scarlet (Human Ele) – Only the finest perfumes.
Ingrid (Norn Ranger) – Like the HUNT!
Alexis (Human Thief) – Only the finest pilfered perfumes
.Bal Ze (Charr Warrior) – Sweat, dirt and enemy tears.
Ebenezer (Asura Engi) – The workshop
Bjorg – (Norn Guardian) – Good eats (he’s a Chef)

PB
Eres – “Crunchy sounds Exciting”
Ffion – “Either it’s peanut butter”
Scarlet – “Only the Best and smoothest”
Ingrid – “Peanut butter?”
Alexis – "Whatever is on my "Discount""
Bal Ze – “Crunchier than Bones”
Ebenezer – “None, peanut Allergy”
Bjorg – “I can make a lot of things with peanut butter”

Money MONEHY!
Eres – “As many notes as I can have” (Folds them into Origami animals)
Ffion – “Three Hundered Dollar Bills”
Scarlet – “Only $300?”
Ingrid – “I don’t need Money”
Alexis – "No thanks I “Withdrew” some money earlier today"
Bal Ze – “Pennies” (Makes ammo out of them)
Ebenezer – Whatever is most efficient"
Bjorg – “Whatever is easiest”

Pizza
Eres – “All of them, who could decide”
Ffion – “Cheese”
Scarlet – “Truffles, with Fine blue cheese”
Ingrid – “Whatever I bring down”
Alexis – “Whatever the next schmuck is having”
Bal Ze – “The whole hog”
Ebenezer – “Hawaiian?”
Bjorg – “Anything is good”

Doge
Eres – “They’re all so exciting”
Ffion – “They’re all too excited”
Scarlet – “Boston Terrier”
Ingrid – “A German Shepard is no Wolf”
Alexis – “No one suspects the Pug”
Bal Ze – “German Shepard”
Ebenezer – “Boston Terrier” (Pets and owners and what not)
Bjorg – “Pug”

Brains or Emotions
Eres – “Humanities, I love learning about other people”
Ffion – “What?”
Scarlet – “Humanities, other cultures are fascinating”
Ingrid – “Hunting?”
Alexis – “Math helps me count my earnings”
Bal Ze – “Combat?”
Ebenezer – “Mathematics what else is there?”
Bjorg – “Humanities, people are interesting”

“Destroying my minions?, I’ll make more.”

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

This is how my Norn would smell (From an Amazon review of Pine Tar Soap)

“Someone once asked me if I had ever tried Axe body-wash. I put down the five pound turkey leg I had been gnawing on, looked them dead in the eye and said, “Once. Then I put it in a canoe that I hollowed out of a giant redwood with my fingernails and sent it down the river… which is a better service than it deserved.” I am a man, and I don’t want any liquid soap that leaves you with some nondescript “sexy” smell. When I wash myself in anything that is not the blood of my enemies, I use pine tar soap. I want an emollient that will cut through all of the dirt, sweat, blood, pitch, grease, or more blood that I might find myself covered in at any moment, and I want it to leave me smelling like a camp fire. This is not a dual action body scrub and moisturizer that pairs well with your passion fruit shampoo. This is a man’s soap that smells the way my beard, boots, and red flannel shirt look… magnificent"

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1B903XHRB73YF/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R1B903XHRB73YF

Posted by: Tarral.5862

Tarral.5862

Zhaan Veran, sylvari mesmer, will be thrilled to answer your delightful inquires:

I have been told I smell similar to the air before a rainstorm, with a hint of lavender. Someone did once say to me that I smelled slightly of sulfur – I suspect this is most likely the residual smell of the phantasmal magic I use on a regular basis.

Peanut butter sounds delicious! Unfortunately I haven’t tried this human delicacy, but I would so love the opportunity to taste both the smooth and crunchy varieties. Do you have some I could try right now?

How kind of you to offer the money, but I would prefer to earn it myself while aiding others. If you insist I take it, please give it to me in small denominations, and I will spread it around some of those who are less experienced and traveled in Tyria, so they might find things a little easier as they start to make their way in this world.

Oo, now pizza is a treat that I HAVE tasted! It had mushrooms, basil and tomatoes, and I must say it was scrumptious! Since that is the only pizza I have had, I will have to say that those are my favorite pizza toppings – at least until I try some others!

Dogs are quite interesting creatures and bring such joy to others – I couldn’t pick a favorite breed. However, I will say that the face of the pug is so endearing, it could never fail to charm me.

Between mathematics and humanities, I would have to say I lean more towards the humanities, because I simply love interacting with and learning about people and cultures in Tyria. However, I question the word “humanities” – does that strictly mean “humans”? If so, whatever word would apply to all races in Tyria would be a better fit for me.

And it appears you managed to catch Liadynn Veran, my asuran necro, in a chatty mood, as she is willing (or rather deigns) to talk to you:

Nobody has ever told me I smell like anything. Probably dirt. Or omnomberries – don’t ask.
Crunchy. It makes me happy to imagine the crunchy bits are bones.
Money? If you are offering different denominations, you have more than you are offering. Give it all to me. Now. Unless you want to become my next minion. And they tend not too last long.
I don’t really care for pizza. Too soft.
I have no need for a dog. Unless I can turn it into a minion. Then any breed will do.
Humanities – that is the study of how to use humans as fodder, right?

Attachments:

(edited by Tarral.5862)

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

I have 14 characters so I chose one.

Adria Zanotti, Engineer, former Charr slave.

Smell: “Wot? So folk says I smell eh? Lessee ‘em smell when I burn their craggin’ noses off, eh?” – Adria doesn’t wash often so she smells of a pungent mix of B.O and cordite.

Peanut Butter: “Um… chunky. ‘course. Smooth’s fer dem sissies wot spreads it on dere posh bread ’n stuff”

$300: “I dun’ craggin’ well care. Jus’ ‘and it over an ya don’ get ya face melted!”

Pizza: “Meat. Los’ o meat. NOW!” True fact – Adria has NEVER said please. She is allergic to courtesy.

Dogs: mouth full of freshly cooked meat… “Uh, wha’ kinda dog wuzzis? Thass me fave then!”

Maths or Humanities: “Stuff all dat. Stuff’s fer dem edjumakated poofters innit?”

Attachments:

Posted by: Alkonium.9164

Alkonium.9164

I’ve got a diverse bunch of characters, but I’m pretty sure they’d all smell like dirt and sweat.

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

My Charr.

Attachments:

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Peanut Butter?
Me to Yumi at a store: “What would you like? Smooth or Chunky? i can’t afford much so its all we may have for a while.”

Yumiko: “I don’t like things that could stick in my prefect teeth. I think I’ll go with smooth. Hikari, my daughter, would like smooth as well. My sister, Tomoko, would probably go with whatever as long as its edible.”

Yumiko would smell like flowers or perfumes as she is a noble when she is clean. She does kill a lot of stuff out in the world and that can smell horrid.

Her daughter, Hikari, would smell sweaty at times and of metal armor and weapons.

Tomoko would smell like grease and oil and charred stuff as she is an engineer. She is sexy, but is a grease monkey nonetheless.

$300 Cash?

Me: “I’m each giving you $300 cash as your Tyrain gold doesn’t work well here.” Though the metal content will probably make you a millionaire

Yumiko: “I’d like my money in manageable amounts 1 $100, 2 $50s, and 5 $20s. I actually carry more silver and copper than gold usually. And why paper money? Doesn’t that usually burn?”

Hikari: “Mommy is not as practical as me, I would just take 3 $100s.”

Tomoko: “Money is not as useful as how you use it. All $20s.”

Pizza?

Yumiko: “PIZZA YAY! I rather have onion or tomatoes on it.”

Hikari: “Is that Pizza? I would like Shrimp or raw fish on it!”

Tomoko: “Pizza is nice but as long as it had lots of meat!”

Dogs? Yes/No and what breed?
Me: “I don’t like dogs. Was bit by one for no reason once. I do love cats!”

Yumiko: “I like cats sorry.”

Hikari: “I always wanted a puppy! White with black spots! Is that called a Dalmatian?”

Tomoko: I’m not a ranger but if I was, it would have to be a Pit Bull to tear up my enemies!"

Math or Social history?

Me: “I personally like both. I can’t say for the three ladies.”

Yumiko: “Math because I am a business woman.”

Hikari: “I’m already wicked smart enough, but I really like learning about others. Humanities for me.”

Tomoko: “Who needs people? I can make anything I desire with my brain, so math for me!”

Top: Yumiko
Middle: Hikari
Bottom: Tomoko

Attachments:

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

As others above me, so many choices of character. I shall stay with my main, Sir Donari Mal di Bette.

Smell: Assuming he’s not been in a crisis preventing grooming (such as LA’s demolishing), he’s got a clean scent, perhaps a hint of smokiness and roses thanks to judiciously minimal application of cologne. Those sensitive to the difference between vegetarians and carnivores would know that he does eat quite a bit of meat. He wears silk, wool, and leather, so those will add their grace notes.

Peanut Butter: “A gourmand will not restrict himself, but suit the food to the occasion. Yet I find that chunky allows for more interesting variations.”

Cash: “Now would I take your money? Ah, well, as you insist.” He flashes a smile. “Shall we say ten twenties and a hundred?” For with just one higher denomination bill, a dextrous prestidigitator kittentainly befool a mark or two.

Pizza: "I did mention that I am a gourmand, did I not? I enjoy so many choices. One I’ve found that gets excellent results when I make it for a lady — " he winks just a bit suggestively — “is a thin crust with honey, chopped garlic, fresh basil and goat cheese, with a fine crumbling of seasoned ground beef.” A pause. “But if I am eating merely for myself, I enjoy fresh rosemary with pepperoni on a thicker, chewy crust.”

Dogs: “Of the three you mention, a shepherd’s best. I’ve a good friend with a large dog who’s quite won me over.”

Math/Humanities: “Six spare me from math. It’s the most horrid part of doing my duty as the di Bette heir … ledgers, accounts, columns of figures. A man needs to live among people, not tot them up in valuable rows.”

Sarabande.8260

Thanks a ton for the fun responses. This thread was such a joy to read and it seems like some of you had fun writing this stuff out! Oh, and more of you folks need to embrace the awesomeness that is anchovies. Anchovies and pepperoni… omg yummy.

Math > Humanities
1+1 = 2, No Argument. However the cause of the US Civil War is up for debate… too much debate. Fun Fact: More books have been written about the US Civil War than days have past since it ended (in April 1865). Let that sink in. Yeah, no thanks. Again 1+1 = 2 – don’t have to fill a library to prove it. <3

German Shepherd #1

All 100s

Chunky Peanut Butter

My character smells like a clean, healthy woman. Simple.

Attachments:

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Zoso the Wise my human necromancer smells of star dust after his obsession for power led him to Cantha’s Nahpui Quarters where his battle with the celestial creatures changed his appearance to full Zodiac armor. After falling from the spirit realm and seeing his form change he vowed to right his wrongs and use what he had learned from the spirit realm for good.

His flesh golem always has a hard time spreading the chunky peanut butter on sandwiches so Zoso the Wise prefers to be served smooth so the golem doesn’t break the bread.

Zoso the Wise prefers his currency in gold and silver.

His favorite Pizza toppings are mushroom and diced tomatoes (He is a vegetarian)

He has two Bone Minions so doesn’t care to much for dogs (personally I like yorkies I have two and like to cuddle with them but would like an American bulldog or Labrador so I can go on my runs with them)

After his many travels throughout Tyria and Cantha (and Elona) and meeting so many different types of people he has found his favorite subject to be Humanities.

Necromancer Main

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I would smell of leather,steel,dirt,ale,sweat,blood and the fallen tears from my enemys.I would smell foul,so foul that you don’t want to hang around me unless im saving your puny kitten from being ganked,you dont know if you want to thank me or ask me when the last time was i took a shower.
Mercenary’s don’t shower,i shower in the blood from my fallen foes.

Attachments:

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I have too many characters. So I’m giving this another go.

Eidol Thundersoul, of the Thunder warband, Ranger of the Blood Legion.

What’s he smell like? There’s the dense scent of the oil he coats his leathers with, the snows of Dredgehaunt, and the lingering leafy aroma that’s more etherial than real.

Peanut Butter
Eidol: What kind of weird paste is this?
Me: It’s peanut butter.
Eidol: What’s a peanut?
Me: It’s a plant. I’ll pull up the Wikipedia page-
Eidol: Grrrr!
Me: What? …Oh, the computer. Eidol, we’ve been over this. It’s not a ghost summoning ritual.
Eidol: Fine. But whoever made this left curdles in it.
Me: No, those are the peanuts. Would you at least try it?
Eidol: …It’s goop. And sticky. Doesn’t smell too bad. Maybe Thunderroar will like it.
Me: Sigh. I suppose you could feed it to your bear.

$300 cash?
Eidol: Someone’s giving me money? What’s the catch?
Me: No idea. Think of it as a little seed money to get started.
Eidol: And you use.. paper? That’s not going to survive a day in the wild. Give me coins.
Me: I suppose we could get you quarters. But that’s twelve hundred of them.
Eidol: That sounds noisy and inconvenient. Don’t you have a bank?
Me: Debit card it is!

Pizza toppings
Eidol: Fried mushroom, sauted zucchini, and some sliced beets, throw in a garlic oil drizzle, and we’re good. …I don’t need the ghosts of dead animals haunting me.
Me: …Are you serious?
Eidol: Of course not! Barbecue the closets animals you can find and roll it up in some dough. I’m hungry, and your world is terrible for hunting.

Dogs
Eidol: No drakehounds?
Me: Closest thing would be a great dane.
Eidol: No murrelows?
Me: The hairless things with the bad breath? Closest would be a chihuahua.
Eidol: Are shepherds good?
Me: It answers the question, at least. Meanwhile, can you take my other dogs with you? Or at least train them?

Math or humanities
Eidol: “Humanities?” Hmph. It should be-
Me: -called Charrities. Yes, I know. I heard that joke already.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: WhiteRose.6934

WhiteRose.6934

Now considering that, I beg you, describe for me in great detail what your character would smell like?

Bloodstone dust.

This is the best post

Genesis Theory [GT] – Henge of Denravi

zenleto.6179

Thanks a ton for the fun responses. This thread was such a joy to read and it seems like some of you had fun writing this stuff out! Oh, and more of you folks need to embrace the awesomeness that is anchovies. Anchovies and pepperoni… omg yummy.

No, thank you for starting this. Threads like this are why I come to the forums, not the other stuff. I jumped out of bed at 5.30 am to make my first post in here and ended up getting a few hours of play time in before work.

As for anchovies….um…how can I be polite….?

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Ankhaarak – Sylvari Inquest-Nightmare Court liaison.
1)

Smooth

2)

All dollar bills.
3)

Pig topping

4)

“We” hate dogs.

5)

Humanities.

That should suffice.

http://s4.postimg.org/a9buessa5/screenshot_2014_09_16.png

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

(edited by DonQuack.9025)

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

gunpowder and lead sulfate.

Posted by: Zygomaticus.7469

Zygomaticus.7469

well if my character were real. huba huba >:) grawr!

if you know hat i mean >:)

Would it be cool to live forever?

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

I would imagine my character would emit an intoxicating smell.

As for her questions:

1. I could imagine her liking smooth peanut butter.
2. She’d demand her money in smaller denominations as she would like to make her wallet look a little bulgy.
3. Her favorite pizza toppings would be pepperoni only.
4. Boston Terriers are her dog of choice
5. Being a prosecutor, she would go for humanities as it’s part of her profession to analyze the culture of people. Never know when that knowledge could come in handy.

Attachments:

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: ScorpiOverkill.7064

ScorpiOverkill.7064

Me: Atrevka, you’ve got mail.

Atrevka: This had better be good, I was just about to get some very interesting data on the inner workings of a singularly…

Me: Whatever just read this. points to her laptop

Atrevka: grumbles,reads post, and snorts in disgust I have better uses for my olfactory bulb than sniffing myself.

Me: Which is probably why you haven’t noticed that you reek of motor oil and gunpowder.

Atrevka: ignores her Smooth peanut butter is obviously the superior choice. It does not cut into bread nor break the crackers when you spread it.

Me: I used to like chunky when I was a kid but then a bit of peanut got stuck in a cavity and I’ve avoided it ever since.

Atrevka: We shall skip the next one since the conditional requirement has not been met.
My favorite pizza toppings? I’m not certain that this is actually a needful thing for you to know, but for the sake of the spirit of inquiry they are (in no particular order) green peppers, black olives, spinach, barbecue chicken, pepperoni, sausage, and mushrooms. Not all on the same pizza at once though.

Me: Pepperoni, sausage, barbecue chicken, spinach, mushrooms, pulled pork, and Canadian bacon. Also not all on the same pizza at once.

Atrevka: Pineapple?! You’re sick! Also, dogs are the epitome of evil!

Me: Don’t mind her, my Doberidgeback bit her when she got here. My first dog was a German Shepherd mix so I’d say Shepherd.

Atrevka: Sick, sick bookah….Ah, I see we are at the end of this farce. Mathematics obviously.

Me: I’m partial to both but lean more heavily towards the humanities.

Atrevka: And that is why you are a bookah.

Attachments:

Posted by: Bel Geode.8129

Bel Geode.8129

Let’s see…

I imagine, Bel Geode, THE Purple Norn would likely smell like a combination of gunpowder, wood chips, and some form of axe body spray (or the equivalent thereof in the shiverpeaks).

what is this peanut butter you speak of? I’d rather have chocolate.

I don’t suppose I can get that in precious gems, can I? I might be able to get some black lion keys with them. Failing that, all 20s please.

Barring moa not being a living animal… chicken… buffalo chicken. Extra spicy please.

Bah who needs dogs when you can have a bear!

I’m an engineer and a huntsman… what do you think I prefer?

Attachments:

Find Bel Geode- THE Purple Norn on twitch tv.
“Doing The Dailies " Weeknights at 8PM EST.
http://www.twitch.tv/belgeode

Posted by: Syosha.5917

Syosha.5917

Well obviously, if I sniff myself…I would tell you that I smell like…myself.

1.) If you (or your character) likes peanut butter do you prefer chunky or smooth?

What is this peanut butter, some kind of bookah food? Don’t tell me you actually eat this?! Tastes the smooth peanut butter Well…mmm….I see…licks teeth…that was…quite…takes another spoonful good! Tell me…what is the point of “chunky”? Dips finger in jar, and tastes the chunky peanut butter Ohhhhh….exquisite texture…downs in the jar of chunky peanut butter Bookah! More!!!

2). If you are a US citizen (or if your character would be one if animated in our mechanical world) please answer the following: If I offered you $300 cash, and went further to ask you what denomination you would like your money to be delivered, what would that be? All 50s, all 20s, two hundred dollar bills and 5 20s? Want it all in pennies or quarters?

Okay, first off…I need to point out your obvious mistake in paper money….do you know how easily it can be destroyed? Burned, soaked, it tears too easily, easily counterfeited…the list goes on. Secondly, why am not given the choice of Tyrian currency? I am from there, after all…what use do I have for your…american?… money? I’d like it all in gems!!!! Precious, precious gems!!!…Failing that…if I’m left with no other choice, and since paper money is incredibly foolish…I guess…all in 50 cent pieces?

Pulled panther, moa heart, a ton of mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, and a few leaves of spinach!!!! drools

Thinking simply, I see…typical bookah. Not given much of a choice….if I absolutely HAD to pick from that list…I concur that it would indeed have to be a pug……cut little pushed up face, snorts, curly tail…so so CUTE!!! cough ahem…continue.

Oh mathematics, definitely mathematics….nothing else is more important, let alone humanities….why even ask that?

(I’ll update with a pc later)

Posted by: Snowmoon.1758

Snowmoon.1758

If my character (Illuvia Whisperwind) was real….

OH BE STILL MY HEART!!!!!

Attachments:

Staunch Supporter of Mounts in Guild Wars 2. Gimme mah Fluffeh White Bunneh!!!
Give us Mounts, Anet! Pretty Please with Chocolate, Whipped Cream, Cherry and Mayonnaise? d^_^b

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

They would die instantly.

They are hollow inside.

1) I don’t remember its taste. Only had it once as a kid. I prefer Nocilla (A cream like Nutella that tastes about 10 thousand times better).

2) I won’t want cash. I’d want a digital transfer to my offshore account.

3) Pineapple. Anyone who doesn’t put pineapple on all dishes must die a horrible and painful death. Eh? What? Yeah! Even on that!

4) Dogs smell badly.

5) Humanities are pointless.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

By “real” I mean manifest in a physical reality of atoms and molecules as opposed to a digital reality of bits and pixels.

I already am real. And a Queen ‘manifests’ herself when she chooses to do so.

1) Peanut butter is food for peasants. A Queen has her minions prepare a proper meal for her.

2) What is a US Citizen, and how much would that be in gold pieces or Llanning?

3) What by Dwayna’s hair back is a pizza? And do I really want to know?

4) I prefer ferocious wolves actually. Ill mannered, bad tempered, and prone to biting mesmers and Quaggans.

5) The Queen is a student of both science and necromancy. I have no idea what this other thing is that you mentioned.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

This is my main character named Virginia May. She is a noble of Ascalonian ancestry and the descendant of the little-known child of Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. As a noble, she is able to bathe frequently and would normally smell pleasant, if it were not for the antique Fellblade which radiates a deathly cold mist smelling of darkness and fear.

1. Chunky and creamy are both good, though she enjoys Omnomberry Jam better though.

2. 300 silver split into 20 silver increments.

3. While she normally eats mostly Ascalonian noble foods, she will occasionally eat the plebeian Krytan foods, with only the best ingredients.

4. She does not like dogs very much, and is always followed instead by her cute and adorable orange tabby cat (though he might be getting a little fat!).

5. As a noble, she has been trained by the best instructors in Kryta and Ebonhawke, yet she prefers nothing more than reading the old tomes found on the shelves of the Durmand Priory.

Attachments:

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

What do you mean ‘if’? She IS real :-P

Introducing my elementalist, Lady Gagá

Attachments:

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

He would have a constant back ache from all of the hobo sacks he’s constantly having to carry around for everything.

He’d smell like wet dog all the time because he never pulls out an umbrella.

Who needs math, just use sticks of dynamite for everything! BOOM

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

I am Clawfford, a mighty Charr warrior! Quite naturally, I smell like raw meat.

In response to your other questions:

• 1) Favorite type of Peanut butter? Creamy I suppose, but I never eat the stuff. People laugh at me when they see me trying to get it off the roof of my mouth, and then I have to get them off the roof of my mouth.
  • 2) If you are gonna give me $300 cash, I’ll leave the type of currency up to you. I just want it now!
  • 3) Favorite pizza toppings: Meat lovers. Hold the pizza.
  • 4) Do I like dogs? Yes, I love dogs! (See answer #3 above).
  • 6) Do I prefer mathematics or the humanities? How insensitive! I prefer the Charrities. But then people get confused and expect me to donate to their charities. So I guess I’ll say mathematics instead. (See answer #5 above).

Attachments:

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist