Zerker nerfed, allow us to swap asc gear

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Ah, sorry. My mistake.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

There have been a half dozen requests for someone to link the page where they state they are changing up zerker. Was this an off the cuff comment on a livestream or something? Or do any of you have an article to share? Ive been away from the game for about two weeks so I missed it and cannot find the article on the website here.

No, it’s a post in the balance forum. It says that they will be discussing “changes to critical damage” as part of the livestream tomorrow. Nothing more than that. Nothing definitive, nothing set in stone, nothing specific on how it will be changing.

Thank you kind sir.

If its anything drastic to crit damage, such as halving it, then I would be in the camp of those who feel zerker gear people should be able to swap out stats. And if we do not get that ability, then my interest for this game has all but evaporated, even moreso than it currently is(theres a reason I haven’t played in weeks).

Otherwise, its a nerf like any other. Roll with it.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

I honestly don’t believe that they are going to nerf zerkers but just make it more balanced with other armors/builds/play styles. Some might get slight boosts and some slight reductions. I am certain zerker will still be very viable.

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

because elitism and classism make it go wrong. not every class is good at being zerker.
“play zerker warrior or quit” this sentence sums the pve aspect of the game.

Again for u.

Fact1
People cry for warriors only because they have no idea about dps.

Fact2
Warriors DPS is only selfbuffed rly strong, goupbuffed the warrior will do much less then.
Ele
Thief
Guard
Slithly less then
Necro
Probably more then
Engi
Mesmer
ranger
Engi/Ranger can do nearly the same dps, but the need a proper rotation (which nearly no engi is using most of them just play bad). Or the ranger needs his sword (can sometimes be tricky and a living cat which can be a problem).

But both have alot of support and can be rly good for your party. If played well, not a class blance problem.

Fact3
If i had to choice between a rampager using hybrid warrior or necromancer. I would choice the warrior, this class balance issue is not a zerkers issue.

Fact4
Berserkers gear is the fastest way to finish dungeons, not the easiest one as many people still think

Fact5
The easiest way is to wear PVT/Clecirs mix with supporty traits and join an tanky/supporty meleegruop.
It will be exactly the sam,e LoS, stacking. But much much easier. For most bosses u have to do nothing then pushing 1.

Only a few bosses require frostamorstacking or the use of some grouphealskills.

Fact6
Even if they nerf berserker it will stay the best (except rampager probably)

Fact7
If they try to chance a part of the critical dmg to vitality (like in pvp) the meta will get even stronger. Because it will stay as the fastest, but it will get easier to use for everyone.

Fact8
CC/Healing and so on is not unviable because of DPS is so OP, it´s weak because they´re is no need for it. Content is to easy. Teamplay is usually not needed.
It makes it faster/smoother.
But in GW2 i feel like a sologamer found 4 other sologamers to speed it up. Not being part of a team which solve problems one alone could never do.

Fact9
There will be alot of balance issues. For example engineer. At the moment max dps is a rotation with or without grenades. If they nerf the critical dmg for example only 15%. Rampager nades will top everything.
Bombkit (AA) Flamethrower (2) Elixirgun (4), Toolkit (3), Rifle (3/5) will get much worse then now. U can choice your style of gaming an engineer. There are a few nearly equal possibility. Nerfing zerkers will ruin them.

You are just looking from dps side, which I didn’t mean it only. Try a berserker ele/thief in dungeons, would be the squishiest thing in the game. Even cof bosses can one hit kill them. With this, warriors can have better armor with acceptable hp, with ultra high dps. Plus if you equip stance invulnerabilities it will equal to a thief or ele’s tanky build. Problem is this, other classes get one shotted with full zerker gear, while warriors are a lot better in terms of survivability as a zerker. This is why people are only seeking for zerker warriors for dungeons. In every aspect, zerker only pve meta is not acceptable for an mmo. They have to make it more challenging by requiring more teamsupport. Healing and bunker(tank) builds must be required in pve parties like all other mmos. Don’t forget, not everyone wants to play as dps. In s/tpvp & wvw we have freedom to choose our build without losing any efficiency. They have to allow this in pve too by adding better ai and challenging bosses. Mobs are so dumb and just waiting in front of hundred blades, this is the main reason makes zerker builds viable.

cesmode.4257

I honestly don’t believe that they are going to nerf zerkers but just make it more balanced with other armors/builds/play styles. Some might get slight boosts and some slight reductions. I am certain zerker will still be very viable.

I dont think the specs need to be looked at. Their watered down content does.

If you give content that has minimal condition removal requirements, minimal buff requirements(such as stability), minimal unique mechanics..and open world content that fosters zerg mentality, then you can nerf any spec you want. Won’t change the fact that 9/10 dungeon bosses and world bosses require no thought whatsoever.

Reworking crit damage and/or nerfing classes is a lazy patchwork job to avoid the bigger issue of reworking their content mechanics (dungeon bosses, open world bosses, etc).

Astounding.

It is this type of decision making that is driving me away from the came for good. Blizzard did the same with WoW…their decision making began to be atrocious. Arenanet is following the same path unfortunately. They cannot see 2 feet in front of them and see the larger picture, or they do not feel like tackling it. THEN months down the road, this becomes a CDI, they acknowledge the problems of their ways and then months later we see change.

Same old…laughable.

(edited by cesmode.4257)

Posted by: Fenrir.3609

Fenrir.3609

If you give content that has minimal condition removal requirements, minimal buff requirements(such as stability), minimal unique mechanics..and open world content that fosters zerg mentality, then you can nerf any spec you want. Won’t change the fact that 9/10 dungeon bosses and world bosses require no thought whatsoever.

Reworking crit damage and/or nerfing classes is a lazy patchwork job to avoid the bigger issue of reworking their content mechanics (dungeon bosses, open world bosses, etc).

Astounding.

Pretty much nail on head.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

There have been a half dozen requests for someone to link the page where they state they are changing up zerker. Was this an off the cuff comment on a livestream or something? Or do any of you have an article to share? Ive been away from the game for about two weeks so I missed it and cannot find the article on the website here.

No, it’s a post in the balance forum. It says that they will be discussing “changes to critical damage” as part of the livestream tomorrow. Nothing more than that. Nothing definitive, nothing set in stone, nothing specific on how it will be changing.

Thank you kind sir.

If its anything drastic to crit damage, such as halving it, then I would be in the camp of those who feel zerker gear people should be able to swap out stats. And if we do not get that ability, then my interest for this game has all but evaporated, even moreso than it currently is(theres a reason I haven’t played in weeks).

Otherwise, its a nerf like any other. Roll with it.

Np.

I don’t think they can do anything too drastic with it, as it would affect other armor sets as well, which would hinder their bringing zerker into line with other sets, since it would lower other sets further.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

jheryn.8390

Astounding.

It is this type of decision making that is driving me away from the came for good. Blizzard did the same with WoW…their decision making began to be atrocious. Arenanet is following the same path unfortunately. They cannot see 2 feet in front of them and see the larger picture, or they do not feel like tackling it. THEN months down the road, this becomes a CDI, they acknowledge the problems of their ways and then months later we see change.

Same old…laughable.

I agree with you. I wasn’t actually justifying what they are about to do, just explaining what I think is going to happen. You are right that it is the lazy and wrong way to do it, but I think it is the way they WILL do it.

cesmode.4257

because elitism and classism make it go wrong. not every class is good at being zerker.
“play zerker warrior or quit” this sentence sums the pve aspect of the game.

Again for u.

Fact1
People cry for warriors only because they have no idea about dps.

Fact2
Warriors DPS is only selfbuffed rly strong, goupbuffed the warrior will do much less then.
Ele
Thief
Guard
Slithly less then
Necro
Probably more then
Engi
Mesmer
ranger
Engi/Ranger can do nearly the same dps, but the need a proper rotation (which nearly no engi is using most of them just play bad). Or the ranger needs his sword (can sometimes be tricky and a living cat which can be a problem).

But both have alot of support and can be rly good for your party. If played well, not a class blance problem.

Fact3
If i had to choice between a rampager using hybrid warrior or necromancer. I would choice the warrior, this class balance issue is not a zerkers issue.

Fact4
Berserkers gear is the fastest way to finish dungeons, not the easiest one as many people still think

Fact5
The easiest way is to wear PVT/Clecirs mix with supporty traits and join an tanky/supporty meleegruop.
It will be exactly the sam,e LoS, stacking. But much much easier. For most bosses u have to do nothing then pushing 1.

Only a few bosses require frostamorstacking or the use of some grouphealskills.

Fact6
Even if they nerf berserker it will stay the best (except rampager probably)

Fact7
If they try to chance a part of the critical dmg to vitality (like in pvp) the meta will get even stronger. Because it will stay as the fastest, but it will get easier to use for everyone.

Fact8
CC/Healing and so on is not unviable because of DPS is so OP, it´s weak because they´re is no need for it. Content is to easy. Teamplay is usually not needed.
It makes it faster/smoother.
But in GW2 i feel like a sologamer found 4 other sologamers to speed it up. Not being part of a team which solve problems one alone could never do.

Fact9
There will be alot of balance issues. For example engineer. At the moment max dps is a rotation with or without grenades. If they nerf the critical dmg for example only 15%. Rampager nades will top everything.
Bombkit (AA) Flamethrower (2) Elixirgun (4), Toolkit (3), Rifle (3/5) will get much worse then now. U can choice your style of gaming an engineer. There are a few nearly equal possibility. Nerfing zerkers will ruin them.

You are just looking from dps side, which I didn’t mean it only. Try a berserker ele/thief in dungeons, would be the squishiest thing in the game. Even cof bosses can one hit kill them. With this, warriors can have better armor with acceptable hp, with ultra high dps. Plus if you equip stance invulnerabilities it will equal to a thief or ele’s tanky build. Problem is this, other classes get one shotted with full zerker gear, while warriors are a lot better in terms of survivability as a zerker. This is why people are only seeking for zerker warriors for dungeons. In every aspect, zerker only pve meta is not acceptable for an mmo. They have to make it more challenging by requiring more teamsupport. Healing and bunker(tank) builds must be required in pve parties like all other mmos. Don’t forget, not everyone wants to play as dps. In s/tpvp & wvw we have freedom to choose our build without losing any efficiency. They have to allow this in pve too by adding better ai and challenging bosses. Mobs are so dumb and just waiting in front of hundred blades, this is the main reason makes zerker builds viable.

My full berserker gear/trait thief runs lvl 30 fractals which are arguably more difficult than any dungeon in the game, except a path or two in arah and a path in COF. No issues, and Im not one shotted.

cesmode.4257

Astounding.

Same old…laughable.

I agree with you. I wasn’t actually justifying what they are about to do, just explaining what I think is going to happen. You are right that it is the lazy and wrong way to do it, but I think it is the way they WILL do it.

I wasn’t rebutting you. Just used your post to quote and reply

And if this is the only way they will balance out the game, then it is a sign of many work arounds and lazy patch work jobs to come. No need to spend any more money on the game if the developers cannot be bothered to give us quality. Apply this logic to the living story….give us quality instead of a buggy, horribly narrated, tiny combat living story patch. Give us quality there too..can’t be bothered because you need to adhere to your schedules? Then I can’t be bothered to support the game anymore.

If you can’t be bothered to man up and make some serious changes to the game that are needed, instead of dancing around the issue trying to make your way work, and only admitting to your faults in a CDI, then I cannot be bothered to support your game.

jheryn.8390

I wasn’t rebutting you. Just used your post to quote and reply

SNIP.

If you can’t be bothered to man up and make some serious changes to the game that are needed, instead of dancing around the issue trying to make your way work, and only admitting to your faults in a CDI, then I cannot be bothered to support your game.

No problem. It’s all good. And I mostly agree with you on your second post too. I’m very anxious to see what the QoL update will bring in March. Maybe, although I think it is wishful thinking, some of those things will happen.

I am hopeful that something very positive will come from those CDI threads. I’m trying to be an optimist, because I really do enjoy this game and its potential.

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

I see a few options for balancing the berserker issue without destroying everything.

-make all the major bosses like Teq and others who are immune to crit damage.

-have berserker armor follow the same cap as in PvP.

-increase armor on all mobs, increase their general damage output, and reduce the number of 1 hit kills that must be dodged. (This would be my preferred approach).

-have mobs that buff themselves/their allies with retaliation

-introduce mobs that are weak against specific conditions

-tweak enemy AI so that when everyone stacks up in melee range, they use some kind of knockback skill, or actively move out of range

I’m sure there are other ways to make more diversity desirable without taking the nerfbat to the gearline.

Also, for the OP – the only situation wherein a free gear swap would make sense would be if they outright removed “Crit. Damage +%” from gear.

Oh, something else I forgot – there was massive support for the idea of having ascended gear have a stat-swap ability. ie: go to a crafting station, and be able to change the inscription that is on your armor. This alone would make all crying about “dey brok ma gears!” moot.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

-increase armor on all mobs, increase their general damage output, and reduce the number of 1 hit kills that must be dodged. (This would be my preferred approach).

That would affect everyone who isn’t doing condition damage then. We’d have the same problem we have now only with condition gear sets.

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

I’m sure they will let you replace gear once berserker gets the bat. They did it for MF, I don’t see why they wouldn’t when they finally axe the zerker meta.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Posted by: Fenrir.3609

Fenrir.3609

I’m sure they will let you replace gear once berserker gets the bat. They did it for MF, I don’t see why they wouldn’t when they finally axe the zerker meta.

They effectively removed MF gear (in terms of basic items anyway). If they treat zerk in the same way (as in let us respec to different stats) then it is practically an admission that they are shafting the set.

It’s possible they will simply say that after the changes zerk is now “fair” and as such we don’t deserve a respec.

(edited by Fenrir.3609)

Posted by: LittleLepton.8915

LittleLepton.8915

They effectively removed MF gear (in terms of basic items anyway). If they treat zerk in the same way (as in let us respec to different stats) then it is practially an admission that they are shafting the set.

It’s possible they simply say that after the changes zerk is now “fair” and as such we don’t deserve a respec.

I think it’s possible, but only for ascended gear. At the same time I have my doubts.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

That would affect everyone who isn’t doing condition damage then. We’d have the same problem we have now only with condition gear sets.

Only if they overshoot. It IS possible to make adjustments with a screwdriver instead of a sledgehammer .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Well, anyone specced for with toughness should be ok – clerics would be laughing. PVT should be able to tank more than PPC gear – right now, you really can’t. 1 shot kill is 1 shot kill, regardless of gear.

My ideal would be having it so that berserker is still the beast for direct damage, but having “DPS DPS DPS 1111111111” being the only approach to content no longer hold true.

As it stands, I run berserker on all my chars in PvE – there is literally no reason not to. Either the mobs don’t hit hard enough for me to care, and I kill them, or it’s a 1 shot that HAS to be dodged – and regardless of gearing, that 1 shot HAS to be dodged.

Instead, a group of, say 5 mobs should have:

- one who hits like a truck
- one who spams conditions on players
- one who buffs their allies with protection/retaliation
- one who uses cc/area denial
- one with very high toughness

You know, make mobs more like actual players. There’s a reason using all zerker in WvW is (thieves aside – broken class being broken) is a non-starter. When the needs of the encounter encompass more than DPS DPS DPS! you get people doing more than just building for max PPC and spamming 1111.

Posted by: coolmanx.5726

coolmanx.5726

They did say critical damage change, so I would like to think they would be focusing on crit damage and not just the Berserker gear. Realistically I would like to see this change for crit damage: Instead of nerfing gear (sort of), change how critical damage works. Currently crit damage base is 150% I believe if they change the base to be 200%, but lower the crit damage from what the gear gives you to equal out. I think that will be the best way to give more power to the other builds, while still keeping zerker viable (as it will still be doing the exact same damage, just the other builds can do more damage too). Maybe not 200% (full zerker gear gives 62% crit damage, full ascended gives 71%) maybe 175%. I’m not trying to perfect the idea, it’s just something I believe should be done.

As for dungeons/open world content I feel anet put too much effort into creating bosses that one shot players regardless the amount of toughness the player has (I never really tested past 3k, and I know you can get much higher then that). I know they wanted to avoid the trinity, but making everyone DPS is not the best solution. They could have made the bosses deal weaker, faster attacks. That way no matter how well you can dodge the bosses attacks, but eventually without smarter play your team would be downed. This would also open builds without becoming a trinity. 4 DPS and a healer to burst heal the weaker attacks, a full team of PVT able to tank the boss and still deal damage, 5 zerkers learning to trade aggro to survive the list could go on.

Anet needs to come up with something then just flat nerfs, because ultimately it just doesn’t work out in the end.

Posted by: Requiem.8769

Requiem.8769

It’s quite simple: I won’t have the armor that I worked for. That will be taken away. As such, the only fair option would be to exchange that armor for another that I choose. It’s still an inconvenience, of course -I will no longer have the stats I considered the best- but at least it will be an inconvenience solely in balance/playstyle preferences, and not an inconvenience of tremendous grinding.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Only if they overshoot. It IS possible to make adjustments with a screwdriver instead of a sledgehammer .

Haven’t you learned by now that Anet always overshoots when it comes to nerfing.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

It’s quite simple: I won’t have the armor that I worked for. That will be taken away. As such, the only fair option would be to exchange that armor for another that I choose. It’s still an inconvenience, of course -I will no longer have the stats I considered the best- but at least it will be an inconvenience solely in balance/playstyle preferences, and not an inconvenience of tremendous grinding.

So you’re saying that every time ANet changes things that end up changing the Meta they should offer free gear changes?!

Unless they remove crit chance from armor, they will not be getting rid of the armor you worked on. They’ll just change how it works. And that is something that any player of any MMO should realize. That at anytime, the maker of the game might change it such that there is a new Meta. ANet did not have to offer a free choice on what stats old MF armor got. But they did because they got rid of the stat from armor entirely and they felt that was the best way to handle it from a PR standpoint. Because most MMO’s do not remove stats from armor I would imagine.

However, buffs and nerfs are to be expected in MMO’s and as such, new gear to people should not come free due to buffs and nerfs. Because players should understand that today their gear might be the best, but tomorrow it might not.

Yes, if berserker gear gets nerfed to the point that isn’t the best, I will feel sorry for those people who spent hours and countless gold on making their ascended gear. And I won’t feel sorry for ANet when those players take to making angry posts on the forum. They built the bed they’ll have to lay on given ascended gear.

The best thing ANet can do is come out with a cheaper method of obtaining ascended gear and not nerfing berserker to the point that it’s horrible. So that the new meta can be achieved in a less expensive way, but while they wait their current gear doesn’t handicap them that much.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Oh, so the change they are making is basically removing stats from an armor?
I have yet to see this information so feel free to link it.

Or should I demand a stat-change every time they change one of my skills and/or traits because it might make me want to change to another build? Because that is basically what you are saying.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Haven’t you learned by now that Anet always overshoots when it comes to nerfing.

No, I’ve learned that people always comment on it and remember it when they do… and that a lot of smaller, justified corrections are quite readily applied, absorbed by the playerbase, and forgotten.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Zuul Nekrazh.1905

Zuul Nekrazh.1905

I doubt it’s going to be too much of a “nerf”, as it would severely dent some large parts the playerbase.

In the speculation that it should be removed completely, players will receive a “Stat-change” just like what happened to ye old MF gear. However, this speculation will also make it rain sour lemons from the sky. Some players may adjust themselves to the new meta, others will say; “Thanks for the ride, but I’m getting off here”. The latter being a rather sour lemon to taste as it would indirectly alienate a large portion of players from the game itself.

I’m all for that some adjustments are made, and that should be all.
Any other suggestions, such as removing “Crit-ability” on Dungeon Bosses are too extreme, and seem more like a malicious suggestion with a toxic “payload”. As it is now, yes, every player can equip themselves in full ‘zerky gear, but it takes a little bit more then that to be successful when it comes to PvE/Dungeons. Otherwise, the term “floorzerker” wouldn’t exist, as it describes a part of the playerbase that runs Precison/Crit Dmg, but have yet to find the evade/block-buttons/skills.

Finally, any major changes that indirectly prolongs dungeon runs (let’s make it extreme, say 20-30min longer) will do Anet more harm then good, as a lot of players have jobs, studies or school/homework to concentrate on. This would in that case affect those players with precious little free time, which could make it rather difficult to find a party for X dungeon path during the work week. Thus it would again, indirectly alienate another portion of the playerbase.

Anyway, everything in this post is nothing but pure speculations and should be treated as such. None of them are more “likely” to happen then the other, but if they should come to be true one simply has to adapt and move on. Either follow the new meta or find a game that brings you more enjoyment then Guild Wars 2. All in all, time will tell.

This post was left by an educated Charr.
- Zuul Grimtooth

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

I play them in all dungeons (most times arah but all others too) and sometimes fractals (49 only with my fullzerk guard cause of AR).I´ve all classes fullzerk (my necro and warrior have got a set of rampagergear aswell).

So i know how to play them, and i know it is easier as a warrior (sometimes, but other classes have alot of tricks too, it´s easier to stay alive as a engineer as a warrior).

But this is not a gearproblem and have nothing todo with people looking for warriors only.

More then 2 warriors are wasted time in dungeons.

(edited by Norjena.5172)

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

I knew right from the beginning that putting builds aligned too much with gear would be an issue. It would be too difficult to balance correctly.
They need to work on the gameplay mechanics and combat rather than nerf a specific gear set.
I can see a ton of future uninstalls if this nerfhammer comes to fruition.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

I knew right from the beginning that putting builds aligned too much with gear would be an issue. It would be too difficult to balance correctly.
They need to work on the gameplay mechanics and combat rather than nerf a specific gear set.

That’s highly irrational. Something needs to be done to reduce the dominance of Zerker.

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

That’s highly irrational. Something needs to be done to reduce the dominance of Zerker.

How about a buff for toughness,conditions and healing?? GW2 is all about DPS. So, instead of altering the mechanics of the broken combat of GW2 they lower the DPS of the main build that people use. That is irrational…and lazy game development.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: PhiLL.1746

PhiLL.1746

They will transform all sets to a universal stats set (including the one you have), ending the sets stats differences and will promise a new unknown thing to replace it that will never come.
Hopefully people will forget about it and move on.
Simple as that.
=)

(edited by PhiLL.1746)

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

If they get rid of crit damage then people will just stop using zerk gear and run assassins for the increased precision for extra chance to crit to make up for the lack of crit damage. Then we’ll just have the same problem over again.

Seriously though, making content harder for zerker gear would make it less common and weed out the fields of people wearing it.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

if Berserker is nerfed it wont be the best anymore(…)

Do you even realize the fact that you’re saying that is exactly the reason they’re making the change?

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

And all the other gear parts with crit damage if they rly are nerfing crit damage..

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

Posted by: xXxOrcaxXx.9328

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

How about a buff for toughness,conditions and healing?? GW2 is all about DPS. So, instead of altering the mechanics of the broken combat of GW2 they lower the DPS of the main build that people use. That is irrational…and lazy game development.

I highly recommend reading this post:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Character-Progression-Horizontal/page/61#post3491959

Ranger - Guardian - Warrior - Elementalist - Necromancer - Mesmer
EU Elona Reach – Void Sentinels

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

If they can adjust these coefficients properly, zerker will still be plenty viable but not the out and out dps winner by such a stretch.

That is kind of the problem IMO. The glass cannon gear suite should be the out and out DPS winner by a stretch. Ideally the game itself should have more situations where the zerker tradeoff of survivability or versatility for extra damage is more meaningful. Right now there is little or no opportunity cost for going full berzerker.

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

What will happen is Crit Damage will become a set number, and you need 21 crit damage stat for 1% damage.

This’ll mean you’ll see Crit damage sitting around 60-80% I believe, dependant on class.

RIP Assassins, not berserker.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

The interesting thing about this is, did they not say at one time “play how you want to play”? If players like to play risky full glass builds and they destroy it.. how is the community going to take it?

I for one find tanky and hybrid builds extremely boring.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Do you even realize the fact that you’re saying that is exactly the reason they’re making the change?

there will always be a best set, because offense is much better than defense in GW2, so taking the set with the most offense is the obvious choice

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Trading dps for survivability eg zerker/soldier is a fair tradeoff statistically.

Only if you really trade dps for suvivability. Which you don’t – you trade dps for lesser dps, because survivability in this game is mostly not stat dependant at all.

there will always be a best set, because offense is much better than defense in GW2, so taking the set with the most offense is the obvious choice

Again, if it’s the obvious choice, then it’s the reason to try to change it until it’s so obvious no longer.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

if Berserker is nerfed it wont be the best anymore, so it deserves a stat change

Nor will anything else be “the best”. That’s the objective of the adjusting. They want to make everything equal.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

They want to bring down everyone else on the same miserable low level, alright.

I really hate bads in MMOs. What i hate more is developers listening and catering to complete bads and making (good)players, who like challenge, who like not taking forever to kill enemies, who like using their reflexes/knowledge/etc. to overcome challenges lose interest/quit playing.

If Anet actually only ends up just straight up nerfing damage/DPS dealt, there will be only bads left, as many of the actual “elite” dungeon players(or elitist scum as bads on the forum and LE REDDIT :^D like to call them) will highly likely be fed up with getting ignored, infracted, and shafted with every patch then getting insulted by bads, all the time.

Example: No people to carry you bads through lupicus anymore. Once they fix arah exploits, there won’t be any dungeon sellers either.

I guess they’d just end up nerfing him aswell once people cry hard enough about not being able to get past that fight(as they did in masses in the past), lol.

Watch this post being infracted/removed since bads can’t handle being called out.

[/Rant over]

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

(edited by Emanuel.9781)

Posted by: andreibianu.8051

andreibianu.8051

Destroying berserker gear is a moronic solution to alter the meta.Instead of making condition dmg and healing power useful somehow , like making condi/healing users boost the group dmg , we’ll just punish the players who don’t spend 30 minutes on a boss.
ALL of human kind uses the zerker meta.Just look at modern militaries : extreme dmg with only some camo uniform as protection

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

So as far as im concerned even a slight nerf would render my recently aquired ascended zerker gear on necro useless compared to rampager. So i expect a stat swap.

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

So as far as im concerned even a slight nerf would render my recently aquired ascended zerker gear on necro useless compared to rampager. So i expect a stat swap.

I can’t see Rampager being the new meta, even if its for Necro. I’m only concerned for my Assassin pieces, as pure power is going to be so much more beneficial than sacrificing the power for crit chance.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Dean Calaway.9718

They want to bring down everyone else on the same miserable low level, alright.

I really hate bads in MMOs. What i hate more is developers listening and catering to complete bads and making (good)players, *bold*who like challenge*bold*, who like not taking forever to kill enemies, who like using their reflexes/knowledge/etc. *bold*to overcome challenges*bold* lose interest/quit playing.(…)

Explain to me exactly what’s the challenge in oneshot a mob? Steamroll a 80 Champ in 3 secs? Solo what was spouse to be a 5 man dungeon?
If you liked challenge you’d be undergeared, what you do is *bold*NOT*bold* a challenge, you get in a full asc zerker set and blow thru content that was designed for masterwork gear.
One example is the final boss in CoF P1, the crystals make him regen, the mechanic is destroy them to prevent him from regen so you can kill him. What do people do? Ignore the crystals all together and just deal massive damage on him, when has mindless faceroll become a challenge?
And now is the bit that you reply with “then make him harder” there’s no technical reason why they couldn’t make him so even 5 zerker warriors couldn’t steamroll him, but then how else would you kill him? THAT would be a problem in an already unilateral game. Just look at fractals, the only place (excluding Teq) where tank gear was any good or useful and what did they do? Rework agony to promote zerker.
And before you say hardmode, MF gear was hardmode, but the cry babies didn’t like it because it made the game too hard and didn’t shut up until it was altered to make the game easier while benefiting from it.

I used MF gear for as long as it existed, and in my Ranger, a class that’s spouse to be useless. Since I mention CoF P1 earlier, I would break the crystals and deal damage to the boss at the same time (piercing arrows) while rezing downed players that often were, surprise surprise, zerker warriors, all this without dying and with the aforementioned MF gear, now thats a challenge for you.

If I was gonna bet, I’d say you were the kind of person that got at Teq feet, died a couple of times and then instead of going back to your position you’d “accidentally” stop at the turrets.
When it was revamped and the fights started you’d have some 10 defenders on the turrets, 5 minutes later it was 30, because who’s gonna notice right? And that kids is why the event kept failing all the time.

In any MMO people will naturally go for DPS, (actually I should say meaningless numbers they can pull from stand still dummies, but anyway) making damage in GW2 over the top OP was just a bad idea.
I’d say to spare the rant anet should buff DPS and “_italic_quadruple_italic_” buff Tank, Heal etc.
That way the numberholics would get their fix with their pretty pretty numbers and defence wouldn’t be so broken in this game.

Lastly, in your rant you mentioned quitting the game over this change, so you’re basically saying if you can’t be OP, oneshot stuff and basically faceroll along all the content in the game you’ll just quit? You’re clearly the kind of person that likes a challenge.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

They can do whatever they want to zerker but it won’t solve the problem. The fights are balanced around green gear with very few mechanics. Until they introduce raids or hard mode dungeons that require ascended gear and have actual mechanics and some loose roles in combat, the problem will remain.

The same thing is true in WoW. Even at the same level once you are 2 gear sets above the content you no longer need a tank and healer you can just steamroll the content with 2 heavy dps and some glass gannon dps.

If you can ignore mechanics and have no roles then the problem will persist.

Posted by: Eternal.9148

Eternal.9148

thleaving add one-time stat selection for ascended zerker gears only, that can be the solution. it’s good that zerker only meta is being removed from the game. speedruns and skips(mostly glitches) mustn’t exist for a challenging, harder gameplay.

Fractal is the answer, if you want a more hardcore challenge. Speedruns are the answer to trading post farmers, at least we play the game instead of baby sitting the LA tp. Speedrunners will always find the way to complete contents faster, no matter which changes anet is going to do. And after that, ppl complaining about zerker will complain about something else. It’s like a child complaining his mother and being satisfied in everything he wants. After all he will just get bored and will start complaining again. Anet should stop satisfying the complaining childs in gw2, because who complains either don’t have any clue about what’s complaining about or it’s just bored and sooner will leave the game, leaving those who really enjoy the game with something they never asked for.

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

Wow, so much Bull in one post.

TL;DR

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

Dean Calaway.9718

TL;DR

Lol, you couldn’t even come up with a single argument to try to defend yourself…

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

TL;DR

Lol, you couldn’t even come up with a single argument to try to defend yourself…

It’s usually what happens when people have no good argument against something.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.