In just one weekend..

In just one weekend..

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I agree that the community should stop the hate… erm more like complaining. Maybe expressing ourselves is just way over the top. Maybe GW2 fans should not spam the forums in an attempt to give Anet another chance. Maybe all of us complainers should just go ahead and ask for a refund and never look back at the game.

You can ask for a refund, I’d much rather treat it like you purchased a digital copy off Steam of a game you thought you’d enjoy, didn’t really like so much after 70 hours of messing with it, and never go back. You know, like Oblivion. Great game, but there came a point where you had done everything to do. Game’s over. $60 is spent and gone.

Well assuming you didn’t buy it at one of those infamous “Steam kill-your-wallet-and-melt-your-credit-card” sales.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

In just one weekend..

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

Everyone’s got their own opinions
There’s nothing they don’t know about
But in the end nobody’s winning
‘Cause nobody’s got it figured out~

Oh the things we think we know
But honestly we really don’t
Save the worry, stop the hate
It doesn’t matter anyway

Doo rooo~ Doo rooo~

I agree that the community should stop the hate… erm more like complaining. Maybe expressing ourselves is just way over the top. Maybe GW2 fans should not spam the forums in an attempt to give Anet another chance. Maybe all of us complainers should just go ahead and ask for a refund and never look back at the game.

Yeah, because people who really like the product, but don’t like the path it’s taking (especially when it’s a drastic path in a whole direction), they’re not allowed to raise their opinions. Only people who completely agree are entitled to do so.

(edited by Azjenco.9425)

In just one weekend..

Posted by: Sylosi.6503

Sylosi.6503

I love how you call anyone with a different opinion than you a “vocal minority locust”.

I never asked for this change, I was enjoying the game quite as bit as it was. I’m sure that’s the case for many of the people you refer to as “locusts”. That doesn’t mean we’re not going to enjoy the hell out of a new tier of equipment.

You need to learn to not take life so seriously. Or games for that matter. This new tier of equipment isn’t going to break the game. A game which I might add has only been out for THREE months. They never made a promise that exotic(easy as hell to get) gear was going to be the final stage. So you have to actually do some work if you want to have ascended gear. Buck up kiddo. Expecting to never have anything to progress towards at only 3 months in the game was just stupid on your(and many others) part.

The only thing stupid, are those who make excuses (and seemingly have zero knowledge of what Anet actually stated & spent years selling GW2 on) for a company doing the complete opposite to what they stated before they released the game and what they sold the game to us as.

This is from their own blog, pre-release, by their lead dev:

“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional, so those who find it fun to chase this prestigious gear can do so, but those who don’t are just as powerful and get to have fun too.”

With ascended gear they have broken that statement in two ways, firstly it is no longer optional if you want to be “just as powerful” and secondly it is no longer optional if you wish to do all the content as they have introduced a gating mechanism with “agony”, so bascially repeating the mistake other games made years ago and have since worked out is a dumb idea, ‘agony’ is just ‘radiance’ in LOTRO all over again.

You might be the sort who is happily walked over when a company misleads you over a product, many people aren’t, get used to it. (You obviously didnt see the Diablo 3 forums)

Somehow I doubt many of those making excuses, would be doing the same, if they had gone back on a different proclamed philosophy such as PvP should be instanced, I can just imagine how many would be saying it is fine if they went all EVE and introduced open world PvP on every server.

(edited by Sylosi.6503)

In just one weekend..

Posted by: Leonard.2867

Leonard.2867

I like many other players who are fuming in the forums, and friends on Ventrilo, do not want to quit the game. We want Anet to fix the current issues. We want Anet to uphold the ToS, their Terms of Speaking; hence, the manifesto. There is already grind issues in the game, those are Legendary Weapons. This issue is still not fixed. To fix it, Anet added more grind, gated communities, LFM certain level (healer/tank alternate), and +stats (and/or infusion) to enjoy game content. The right model is that a person fully geared from a level 35 dungeon can enjoy the same content from a level 80 dungeon. The wrong model is when I can’t enjoy a ‘player’ level 1 dungeon in gear from a level 80 dungeon.

In just one weekend..

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I would really like a non-PR recounting of the thought process that led to this.

I can give you my best guess, but I don’t know how much that’s worth without solid evidence. The justification for Ascended armor is to bridge the reward gap between Exotic and Legendary—one is relatively easy to get; the other is going to take months.

I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they’re telling the truth. That’s probably why they added Ascended in the first place. So why did they make Ascended armor one tier higher? This time I’m just deferring to Occam’s Razor; the simplest explanation is most probably the correct one, and to me the simplest explanation is this:

They just didn’t think it was a big deal to add another item tier—one they felt was missing from the game. They felt that a relatively small stat bump would deflect fears of introducing a gear grind, and just did not anticipate as large and angry a response as they got.

Of course this explanation assumes that the Manifesto was never a sacred document but more of a combination of vision and PR spin. ANet always intended to take the pragmatic route and design a game that’s supposed to be inclusive and fun for everyone, casual and hardcore alike. Therefore the inclusion of Ascended gear is actually consistent with the overall design of the game, but not the Manifesto.

In short: They honestly thought a tier was missing from the game. They honestly thought it wouldn’t be a big deal if they added a new one with a modest stat upgrade to bridge a rarity gap. They honestly thought Ascended gear is something that could benefit the game in the long run, which wouldn’t alienate casual players but would also appeal to hardcore players, which wouldn’t result in a grind but would create a sense of progression.

They just didn’t anticipate such a massive outcry. And now that it’s happening, there’s nothing they can say that won’t lead to yet -another- outcry because their credibility is shot.

The Manifesto is idealistic, but ANet is being pragmatic. They did what they did with perfectly good intentions, and did not anticipate the response they got.

No conspiracy theories. No Under New Management interpretations. No Nexon Overlords. This is my sincere and honest guess at what happened behind the scenes, just based on what little evidence and patterns I can discern.

(P.S: This is roughly more or less what happened with LOTRO and Radiance. The Devs wanted to be bold and honestly had good intentions with it. They tried hard to sell it despite outrage. It didn’t work. So there is precedence for this kind of thing.)

The cynical version is that the NCSoft/ANet braintrust realized that they had sold about as many copies of GW2 to those who believed in the Manifesto as they were going to, but there were likely more gear grinders out there to sell to. Personally, I hope it was your version, but my thought processes with regard to MMO’s have been tainted by experiences with Cryptic/PWI, Bioware/EA and En Masse/Atari. Hopefully you’ll forgive my pessimistic mindset, but this way I can only be pleasantly surprised.

In just one weekend..

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I like many other players who are fuming in the forums, and friends on Ventrilo, do not want to quit the game. We want Anet to fix the current issues. We want Anet to uphold the ToS, their Terms of Speaking; hence, the manifesto. There is already grind issues in the game, those are Legendary Weapons. This issue is still not fixed. To fix it, Anet added more grind, gated communities, LFM certain level (healer/tank alternate), and +stats (and/or infusion) to enjoy game content. The right model is that a person fully geared from a level 35 dungeon can enjoy the same content from a level 80 dungeon. The wrong model is when I can’t enjoy a ‘player’ level 1 dungeon in gear from a level 80 dungeon.

. . . yeah I didn’t go with those groups and seriously I wonder why anyone thinks they’re “in the right” to do that. I suggested four guildmates and I get together and take a stab. We had fun. If I didn’t want to stick my face in the burning which is the crap surrounding Fractals, I’d put together groups for it.

Also, those kinda “LFM” messages kinda always existed here. I’ve seen “LF#M ## Exp, no Rangers” at least once a day.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

In just one weekend..

Azjenco.9425

ArenaNet really needs to be blatantly direct with its fans here. They need to open up and discuss this matter thoroughly, and say how they wish to address their fears, rather than sweeping everything under the rug. And they need to do this sooner rather than later, because people are only going to get angrier.

Then from here on out ANet needs to keep a healthy line open with their fanbase, really communicate, as I suggested in the topic I created:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Opinion-transparency-is-what-we-need/first#post820020

In just one weekend..

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

Going on sites that sell GW2 and leaving bad reviews isn’t going to make the situation better. I do not want GW2 to take this new path, but Tobias has a point. Just look at what is happening to Hostess… The protests have put Hostess out of business and we will have no more twinkies. =(

Wait, what happened to Hostess?!

Stuff goes here.

In just one weekend..

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Hostess is closing. Check news sites, Google it.

In just one weekend..

Posted by: Alberel Leonhart.9640

Alberel Leonhart.9640

I do. most games aren’t retired…and if they are too thick headed to listen, then perhaps the game should be closed.

It’s not the developers you have to worry about, it’s the funding behind the developers. Investors can be very fickle these days. It won’t matter if they got the message, if all the negative buzz created scares off the funding. If you hit them in the wallet, the wallet makes the decision, not the head.

To be honest it would be for the benefit of the entire MMO genre for this to scare Nexon so bad they don’t invest in any MMOs again. It’d even let me feel that GW2’s death wasn’t in vain if Nexon got burned bad enough by it.

The industry as a whole would have a LOT more variety if the corporate suits weren’t interfering with everything to maximise profits via the ‘WoW clone’ path.

In just one weekend..

Leonard.2867

. . . yeah I didn’t go with those groups and seriously I wonder why anyone thinks they’re “in the right” to do that. I suggested four guildmates and I get together and take a stab. We had fun. If I didn’t want to stick my face in the burning which is the crap surrounding Fractals, I’d put together groups for it.

Also, those kinda “LFM” messages kinda always existed here. I’ve seen “LF#M ## Exp, no Rangers” at least once a day.

Psh, add me in GW2. If all this hype can cool down, we can test your might.

In just one weekend..

Posted by: DegoLocc.5976

DegoLocc.5976

Please make your voice heard. flood all online buying sites with comments and reviews. If you don’t like this patch, say so. If they don’t sell anything over the holidays, someone will get fired and the direction will change.

Nice logic, lol.

Shame on you for wishing for someone to loose their job in this economy because of your personal “entitlement”.

In just one weekend..

Azjenco.9425

Please make your voice heard. flood all online buying sites with comments and reviews. If you don’t like this patch, say so. If they don’t sell anything over the holidays, someone will get fired and the direction will change.

Nice logic, lol.

Shame on you for wishing for someone to loose their job in this economy because of your personal “entitlement”.

Not that I’m condoning what he said, not at all, but imagine GW2 going to path of so many other MMOs and ultimately failing. How many people will be without jobs then?

In just one weekend..

Leonard.2867

Nice logic, lol.

Not that I’m condoning what he said, not at all, but imagine GW2 going to path of so many other MMOs and ultimately failing. How many people will be without jobs then?

I’m a hardcore gamer. I do know that once GW2 fails I will probable get a job. Psh….

In just one weekend..

Kravick.4906

To be honest it would be for the benefit of the entire MMO genre for this to scare Nexon so bad they don’t invest in any MMOs again. It’d even let me feel that GW2’s death wasn’t in vain if Nexon got burned bad enough by it.

The industry as a whole would have a LOT more variety if the corporate suits weren’t interfering with everything to maximise profits via the ‘WoW clone’ path.

This I agree with. As much as it would suck for GW2 to be shut down, I have to admit that it would be a small sacrifice if it meant companies like EA, SOE, NCSoft, and especially Nexon would drop out of the MMO market for good.

I already had a few friends who refused to play GW2 because the NCSoft logo was attached to the box. I already have a few more who are quitting over this ascended gear business. Others are adopting a wait and see approach, but have all said that if ANet doesn’t make some drastic changes and go back on this shenanigans in the next couple of weeks, they too are going to abandon ship.

Before I never understood the NCSoft hate. Now I’m starting to see why people don’t like them. The only game I’ve played with that logo on it was GW1, which was a great game. Apparently NCSoft has a very big reputation for bait and switch tactics though. Right now I’m getting a lot of “I told you so” from those friends of mine who didn’t buy GW2 because of the NCSoft logo.

Stuff goes here.

In just one weekend..

Tobias Trueflight.8350

It’s not just THAT. It’s the fact the fallout can become much worse if the hyperbolic rhetoric around here gets any worse and if people actually review-bomb and inflict damages on sales.

It could just be one person getting fired. (Again, good on you for basically ruining someone’s career; no company is going to really want them after that kind of blemish.) If could be investors deciding a team needs replacing, which isn’t going to change the direction in the way you hope it will.

It could wind up like what happens to other MMOs when they get such a reception . . . an announcement of the servers closing down, and the company doesn’t try it again because they don’t get funding.

It could wind up being a “validation” to some minds who think anything other than the exact formula WoW uses is bound for failure. Barring the intelligent who realize WoW succeeded not based entirely on what its game does, but several other factors combining into it.

I know you’re not happy, I get it. But if you are after improvement and not just a pound of someone’s flesh . . . that is not the method to take. I don’t agree with you people, and I don’t agree with proposed fixes for what I don’t know is broken yet. (Don’t try to convince me, don’t label me an apologist or a fanboy or whatever. I simply DO NOT KNOW and refuse to speculate until I get there myself.)

I am not running around telling people to stop brainstorming “fixes” or to not say their mind with some kind of alternative to “undo it”. I think it’s a good thing people post their ideas here, and that they actually . . . are thinking about the problem rather than just ranting. I may not agree, and I may bring up counterpoints from my perspective . . . but you know, it’s welcome. Opposing viewpoints are good, it fosters thought.

Opposition screaming loudly from the rooftops that someone needs to be lynched doesn’t help anything.

In just one weekend..

Posted by: Rich.9503

Rich.9503

I can understand why so many people are upset and venting their anger on the forums. In one weekend GW2 has changed, and not for the better. Its quite sad actually. It was a really good game for a time, not perfect, but it was one of the best MMOs out there, it was different, bold, and appealing. Now it feels like every other generic MMO. I really think they should have ran this patch through beta with us first before deciding to implement it. Its an awful patch that has completely changed the direction and feel of the game.

Ascended gear needs to go or the stats changed to exotic, or if they decide to keep it then for the love of good make it so its as easily available to get as exotic by crafting, karma vendors, etc, and reduce the gear grind needed to obtain them. Maybe its not to late to change it back if they act now, and in doing so they may at least reclaim some credibility back on their original promises.

In just one weekend..

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Before I never understood the NCSoft hate.

Look up someone who played CoX games. I’ve had a couple people tell me pointblank GW2 could be the best game ever and they wouldn’t touch it because they were mourning the loss of a game they were really having fun with.

In just one weekend..

Posted by: mysticmightg.3025

mysticmightg.3025

Haven’t read the entire thread but, who cares? Not like ascended gear is really going to change that much of the game. This is a game where you can do just fine without the best gear. They could make a whole gear treadmill and I wouldn’t care, as long as old content still has a reason to be done.

In just one weekend..

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Maybe its not to late to change it back if they act now, and in doing so they may at least reclaim some credibility back on their original promises.

Problems with that.

1 – If they change it back, they will be seen by yet more people as “not having the integrity to stick to what they wanted to do”. They’re in a “darned if you do/don’t” position right now. They keep it as is? People keep saying it’s clear they don’t care about what we think. They change it back? People use it as evidence they can’t make up their mind.

2 – To a lot of people their credibility is already shot, and nothing short of public executions may satisfy them.

3 – If they were to say “we’re rolling back to before Lost Shores until we look into rebalancing the content” then EVEN MORE people are going to quit because of the progress they lost.

This thing is already out, and flailing about, and if I worked for ArenaNet right now my priority would not be on “fixing” this mess but trying to figure out if they should scrap new plans for content with this kind of reaction the first time they throw new things into the game.

In just one weekend..

Kravick.4906

Before I never understood the NCSoft hate.

Look up someone who played CoX games. I’ve had a couple people tell me pointblank GW2 could be the best game ever and they wouldn’t touch it because they were mourning the loss of a game they were really having fun with.

Yeah I heard about what happened with City of Heroes. The game was actually improving, AND turning a profit as well as slowly gaining subscribers after Cryptic drained it for all its worth. Then NCSoft turns around and shuts it down without any kind of advanced warning. People try to log in one day and poof, servers gone. I originally thought it might have been some internal thing we as gamers are not privy to, but now I’m not so sure.

Stuff goes here.

In just one weekend..

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

I do. most games aren’t retired…and if they are too thick headed to listen, then perhaps the game should be closed.

It’s not the developers you have to worry about, it’s the funding behind the developers. Investors can be very fickle these days. It won’t matter if they got the message, if all the negative buzz created scares off the funding. If you hit them in the wallet, the wallet makes the decision, not the head.

Good, then perhaps whoever drove this wrong headed direction will get justifiably fired.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

In just one weekend..

Posted by: StygSec.7163

StygSec.7163

I thought that all of the dungeon content was optional as well as the SPvP and WvW content.. How is implementing a new optional tier of gear getting this many people upset?

Everything is optional. No one is forcing you to do FotM to get the Ascended Gear. No one is forcing you to get Map Completion, Crafting to 400, and making legendaries.

Everytime I see someone with some dislike towards the new type of gear. I tell them. “Sit down. Have a breather, take a smoke, reflect for a bit. What you’re complaining about is optional. It might not appeal to you, but it might appeal to the people who lost interest when they hit 80 during the early start when they realised there was no Endgame content.”

In just one weekend..

Columba.9730

Nice logic, lol.

Lol, business isn’t a charity, son. If you mess up, you deserve to lose your job so that the rest of the employees can keep theirs.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

In just one weekend..

Columba.9730

I thought that all of the dungeon content was optional as well as the SPvP and WvW content.. How is implementing a new optional tier of gear getting this many people upset?

Everything is optional. No one is forcing you to do FotM to get the Ascended Gear. No one is forcing you to get Map Completion, Crafting to 400, and making legendaries.

Everytime I see someone with some dislike towards the new type of gear. I tell them. “Sit down. Have a breather, take a smoke, reflect for a bit. What you’re complaining about is optional. It might not appeal to you, but it might appeal to the people who lost interest when they hit 80 during the early start when they realised there was no Endgame content.”

How is 20-50% better gear optional? Sure it’s optional if you enjoy getting your head caved in in WvWvW.

In just one weekend..

StygSec.7163

How is 20-50% better gear optional? Sure it’s optional if you enjoy getting your head caved in in WvWvW.

It’s optional in the sense that the only person who might want to get it is you. It perked your interest. It’s new. You want it. You want to tear into the gear like it’s a raw piece of <insert favorite food here>.

I’ve met people in the game who play and do other things in the game. They’re not centric on getting the best weapons, with the best gear, and the best build. They’re here to have fun.

The only person who makes the Ascended gear not optional is YOU.

Edit: Your reasoning behind this is using optional content. I rarely do WvWvW, or SPvP. I find both aspects of the game boring. I just go there if I need money for a repair bill.

In just one weekend..

Columba.9730

I guess you enjoy losing to better geared opponents then. Most of us don’t.

In just one weekend..

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Good, then perhaps whoever drove this wrong headed direction will get justifiably fired.

. . . you’re not listening to what I’m saying. There is ZERO guarantee if you go this route, you’ll get anything better than what’s there now. At best, you’re right and . . . what, the game suddenly stops having all this? I told you, it’s not going to be rolled back, the current content is going to stay.

But it’s more likely the person fired is either a volunteer or volunteered to take the fall and business continues as usual.

And there’s a chance as I said . . . you don’t lose only one person. You lose a game. No refund. No return to form. Nothing . . . nothing.

If you do grasp what I’m saying and just don’t care about the potential “collateral damage” of this kind of tactic? I . . . I don’t know what to say to you, I don’t know how to relate to that kind of blind arrogance that the game is better off not existing anymore than to conform to your vision of it.

In just one weekend..

StygSec.7163

I guess you enjoy losing to better geared opponents then. Most of us don’t.

=/

Your snarkiness is missing my point here.

I don’t personally like WvWvW. I don’t do WvWvW. I only step into WvWvW if I want to play with a Treb. That’s all I do in WvWvW. I get on a high, hard to jump into spot, lay down a Treb, and slowly build it on the hill. Then I throw cows at people. Happy, diseased, dead cows at people.

It’s fun.

In just one weekend..

DegoLocc.5976

Nice logic, lol.

Lol, business isn’t a charity, son. If you mess up, you deserve to lose your job so that the rest of the employees can keep theirs.

So you’re saying you didn’t get your 60 bucks worth of content and hours of playtime?

Sorry about your luck.

Also I am 31, so unless you’re in your 50’s(which I doubt, due to maturity level) you can refrain from calling me “son”. It’s insulting and snide.

Thanks!

(edited by DegoLocc.5976)

In just one weekend..

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I don’t personally like WvWvW. I don’t do WvWvW. I only step into WvWvW if I want to play with a Treb. That’s all I do in WvWvW. I get on a high, hard to jump into spot, lay down a Treb, and slowly build it on the hill. Then I throw cows at people. Happy, diseased, dead cows at people.

It’s fun.

I got to WvWvW for two reasons. First, to get my monthly quota. Secondly, because I want to . . . well, broaden my abilities and knowledge. I want to not be the guy who is useless because he doesn’t understand his class. I want to learn where my build is weak and what I need to look at and focus on fixing.

I want to learn what my class can and cannot do, and test the limits as to what I (the player) can pull off.

. . . and I need to test to see if I can free up enough of my whopping 1.75 GB of RAM to make it easier to play.

In just one weekend..

Columba.9730

Nice logic, lol.

So you’re saying you didn’t get your 60 bucks worth of content and hours of playtime?

Sorry about your luck.

Also I am 31, so unless your in your 50’s you can refrain from calling me “son”. It’s insulting and snide.

What does me getting my $60 worth have to do with an incompetent wrecking this game? My apologies. Your logic and language implied a much younger age.

In just one weekend..

DegoLocc.5976

Nice logic, lol.

Sorry about your luck.

Also I am 31, so unless your in your 50’s you can refrain from calling me “son”. It’s insulting and snide.

What does me getting my $60 worth have to do with an incompetent wrecking this game? My apologies. Your logic and language implied a much younger age.

My language?! Look at my posting history, and look at yours. Who is the one who is immature? Who is speaking rationally, and who is raging like a child who isn’t getting his way?

Now that we have that straightened out. On to your point. You implied everyone should go make rage posts on consumer review sites, in hopes that hard working people at Anet lose their jobs.

My point back to you was that you got your moneys worth, what do you have to complain about that is valid enough to cost someone their job?

If you cannot look at what you have said and see the problem or issue with that, then there isn’t much hope for you as a human being.

Best of Luck!

In just one weekend..

Columba.9730

Nice logic, lol.

Sorry about your luck.

My language?! Look at my posting history, and look at yours. Who is the one who is immature? Who is speaking rationally, and who is raging like a child who isn’t getting his way?

Now that we have that straightened out. On to your point. You implied everyone should go make rage posts on consumer review sites, in hopes that hard working people at Anet lose their jobs.

My point back to you was that you got your moneys worth, what do you have to complain about that is valid enough to cost someone their job.

If you cannot look at what you have said and see the problem or issue with that, then there isn’t much hope for you as a human being.

Best of Luck!

So let incompetent people keep working so that the entire business goes under. Oh THAT makes a TON of sense. No, I don’t think that people who wreck a business should remain employed at said business. That’s rational. Besides, the world needs ditch diggers too.

In just one weekend..

Leonard.2867

Ruby Orichalcum Ring of the Beserker
+67 Power
+48 Precision
+3% Critical Damage
w/ Exuisite Ruby Jewel
+ 25Power
+ 3 Critical Damage
+ 15 Precision

Total:
+92 Power
+63 Precision
+6% Critical Damage

vs.

Vine of the Pale Tree (Ascended Ring)
+103 Power
+50 Precision
+8% Critical Damage
+18 Vitality
-Unused Defensive Infusion Slot

http://dulfy.net/2012/11/17/gw2-ascended-gear-and-infusion-recipes/

Though I have no ascended gear myself I do not know if source is accurate. However, if those are the stats… do you know what even a +2% Critical Chance on one item means? That’s huge!

In just one weekend..

Columba.9730

Nice logic, lol.

Sorry about your luck.

My point back to you was that you got your moneys worth, what do you have to complain about that is valid enough to cost someone their job.

Best of Luck!

So let incompetent people keep working so that the entire business goes under. Oh THAT makes a TON of sense. No, I don’t think that people who wreck a business should remain employed at said business. That’s rational. Besides, the world needs ditch diggers too.

Show me financial evidence that they “wrecked their game”. Or that GW2 is “going under”.

Or are you basing your entire argument on your personal opinion. If so, lulz.

See you six months from now, when GW2 is trucking along just fine. Still making money. Not missing entitled players like yourself one bit.

Like I said, best of luck with life, and growing up.

Entitled? Lol. I am simply asking them to follow through on their promises. Nice personal attack by the way.

In just one weekend..

Posted by: Rhydian.5412

Rhydian.5412

The TLDR of the past week is;

=>Vocal minority locusts QQ they have nothing to do, even though they probably haven’t done most of the content yet anyway.

=> Anet introduces the Ascended gear treadmill to shut them up.

=> Vocal majority, also the legit fans of the game go WTF?!?!

=> Legit fans explain in detail why it’s a bad idea, what’s wrong with it, and what they could have done instead of adding grind.

=> Apologists don’t understand the consequences, nor the other group’s viewpoint, and tell the legit fans to leave the game.

=> So the legit fans leave when Anet makes no attempt to respond to the PR disaster.

And now there’s a 50 / 50 chance this will go down as one of the biggest mistakes in the history of gaming. Well, I think anyway.

Biggest maybe not because its so early in the release, so early in fact they are depending on people to give them more time to continue baiting them so they can cash in on WOW players while giving the GW1 player base and pvp fans that built the initial population a HUGE CARROT a carrot made of hopes and dreams they never intend to fulfill. The best thing we can do is gtfo and not stand around for any more BS. I don’t know about you guys but this isn’t my first tango of being screwed over and continually baited and fooled by a dev just to get more cash shop or monthly sub money out of me. I just cant stand for it, and refuse to forgive it when I see it as plain as day, I WILL NOT SUFFER RAIDERS, I will not put up with Fing loot grinders and im not going to play a game with kittening loot grinders or have to deal with broken game mechanics because of the endless F2ing treadmill crap, I think we were all very clear that we didn’t want that, and GW2 said very clearly they didn’t want that either. So they F2ed us. they F2ed us.

(edited by Rhydian.5412)

In just one weekend..

DegoLocc.5976

Nice logic, lol.

Sorry about your luck.

Best of Luck!

Show me financial evidence that they “wrecked their game”. Or that GW2 is “going under”.

Or are you basing your entire argument on your personal opinion. If so, lulz.

See you six months from now, when GW2 is trucking along just fine. Still making money. Not missing entitled players like yourself one bit.

Entitled? Lol. I am simply asking them to follow through on their promises. Nice personal attack by the way.

Personal attack?! Where? You are acting entitled so I referred to you as such. If the shoe fits…

And there is a difference between “simply asking” Anet to do something, and starting a fire sale trying to “get people fired” because you’re not “getting your way”. Sounds pretty “entitled” to me.

In just one weekend..

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Besides, the world needs ditch diggers too.

Get to it then, those ditches aren’t digging themselves.

You know, you keep throwing around this word “incompetent” but I don’t really think you understand it. Incompetence would have shown up a lot earlier than now if someone in charge was incompetent. People do make mistakes without being incompetent, that explains how I was born you know. But enough about me.

I apologize, but I don’t follow in this attitude of “if you mess up you must have your career ended”. If someone messes up, and they realize they messed up, I want them to have a chance to figure out a way to make it right. If the waiter brings me the wrong meal I don’t want them fired for it. If I ask for no onions because I don’t like onions, and they forget, I don’t demand the cook be fired. (Note, not the same as allergies, don’t presume I said that. Allergies are more serious and should be treated more seriously.) No in either of those situations I’d just calmly ask them to get it right.

And here’s another thing I can’t agree with you on. Having a difference of opinion, and taking a different path than you would have them take is not a “mistake” in and of itself. I am not going to bother saying this whole content update is or isn’t a mistake . . . only history can call that one properly. But simply disagreeing with you doesn’t make me right, or you wrong. Disagreeing with ArenaNet doesn’t make them wrong. This is not mathematics, where the answer to 2+2 is 4, or chemistry where sodium thrown into water sparks a reaction all the time. This is them saying “we think this would be good for the game we want to make” and you saying “you’re wrong and you deserve to be fired for incompetence”.

In just one weekend..

Posted by: whipplerama.3692

whipplerama.3692

I WILL NOT SUFFER RAIDERS

Best line ever.

They must have taken my marbles away.
But they gave me plenty of porous bones to compensate.

In just one weekend..

Posted by: Alberel Leonhart.9640

Alberel Leonhart.9640

Nice logic, lol.

Sorry about your luck.

Best of Luck!

Or are you basing your entire argument on your personal opinion? If so, then many lulz.

If you still want that proof they’ve wrecked the game go look up NC Soft’s stock… they’ve been falling for a while but they took a nose dive after this patch was announced.

In just one weekend..

Columba.9730

If the game deteriorates, then, yes “changes” should be made, lol. For the good of the business.

In just one weekend..

Posted by: Urxx.6840

Urxx.6840

As a consequence of this week-end and the change it brought to the game, not only GW2 but also its forums now have a very clear new direction. A direction that would be considered a paradox in many other game forums.

Those (included myself) that 10 days ago could have rightly been considered fanboys, and who’ve always been very loyal to ArenaNet and their game design phylosophy because we thought they represented a oasis in a grindy MMO desert, are now disappointed and very vocal about broken promises and lost opportunities.

Almost all of those who applaud or even tolerate the new course come from a gaming background that 10 days ago would have been considered in conflict with ArenaNet’s design choices.

This is the paradox they have created, and I strongly believe that in doing so they have scored against themselves. This error will kill the game in the long run unless they revert it very swiftly, which sadly I don’t think will happen since they still haven’t addressed this mess in any way that would be considered MEANINGFUL by an ex-fanboy.

ArenaNet you have taught us to expect a lot from you guys. These past 7 years during which you have delivered on very ambitious promises have trained us to to be what we are in your regard.

Don’t you think that if the introduction of Ascended Gear has stirred the biggest protest in the short game’s history, the way you set our expectations has something to do with it?

In just one weekend..

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

It is clear that they want people to shut up and be a good little gamer. Here is a cookie/precursor.Didnt get one to bad shut up -we dont know what we are doing.

Well let me tell ya : I am mad as hell and I am not going to take it anymore- I am going to my windows and opening up a game site and yelling “I am mad as hell and I am not going to take it anymore”.

I will make sure that my voice is heard since they want it to go away. That is how this works.

In just one weekend..

Columba.9730

It is clear that they want people to shut up and be a good little gamer. Here is a cookie/precursor.Didnt get one to bad shut up -we dont know what we are doing.

Well let me tell ya : I am mad as hell and I am not going to take it anymore- I am going to my windows and opening up a game site and yelling “I am mad as hell and I am not going to take it anymore”.

I will make sure that my voice is heard since they want it to go away. That is how this works.

I advise you to flood online buying sites with your opinions. With lower Holiday sales, perhaps they’ll listen.

In just one weekend..

Posted by: MechanicalMind.9126

MechanicalMind.9126

=>Vocal minority locusts QQ they have nothing to do, even though they probably haven’t done most of the content yet anyway.

=> Legit fans explain in detail why it’s a bad idea, what’s wrong with it, and what they could have done instead of adding grind.

=> Apologists don’t understand the consequences, nor the other group’s viewpoint, and tell the legit fans to leave the game.

=> So the legit fans leave when Anet makes no attempt to respond to the PR disaster.

And now there’s a 50 / 50 chance this will go down as one of the biggest mistakes in the history of gaming. Well, I think anyway.

Nah. Sadly I think SoE has that card with star wars galaxies and the NGE. But this might take a second place, if it goes the way we are afraid of.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien, President of Anet

In just one weekend..

Posted by: MechanicalMind.9126

MechanicalMind.9126

I can picture John Smedley going “Oh dear” in a stuttering Piglet fashion. Mind you, YEARS later, Smedley admits that the Star Wars Galaxies NGE was a bad idea and apologized. Damage was done, however. The game never recovered, and only the IP kept it alive.

…How strong do you think your IP is, Anet, compared to Star Wars?

Exactly. Quoted for truth. People say “oh don’t take it so seriously” but some don’t realize some of us have lost good games for not speaking up before it was too late.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien, President of Anet

In just one weekend..

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

You talk of “losing” this game as if it was some kind of tragedy.

There are families being blown to pieces in Gaza, tribal wars in various countries, and ecological disasters. Those are tragedies.

This is a game where they added a backpiece and a ring that have slightly higher stats.

Relax.

In just one weekend..

Columba.9730

20%+ higher isn’t slightly. We want justice!

In just one weekend..

Posted by: Ganzo.5079

Ganzo.5079

You talk of “losing” this game as if it was some kind of tragedy.

There are families being blown to pieces in Gaza, tribal wars in various countries, and ecological disasters. Those are tragedies.

This is a game where they added a backpiece and a ring that have slightly higher stats.

Relax.

No ok, this kind of moralism is really nasty… really, personally i dont accept this.
Every problem have its place to be discussed, if i want to talk about the real problems of the world, i certainly dont do it, on a game forum.

you miss the point…totally…

Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs.
It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill"
LOL