In my opinion, the game lacks longevity

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Simonic.2609

Simonic.2609

Stop bashing grinds as a bad thing. Because — GW2 is nothing but a grind. Perhaps, the only things that aren’t a part of the grind are…exploring, and jumping puzzles (though, they can become part of the daily grind). PvE (exp, karma, mats, etc), WvW (badges, karma, etc).

People used to bash about sitting in Ironforge/Dalaran/whatever doing nothing? They always had the choice to go collect mats, go get achievements, collect mounts/pets, go PvP/arena, do dailies (as if DE’s are exciting the 20th time running the same one). If that is the desired view of “end game” sought by the GW2 community…then GW2 never needed to exist.

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

This is why I use the term “character progression.” Loot is merely one way that a character can “progress.” Some will use vertical or horizontal progression — I prefer vertical. I want to continually progress.

I would like to believe that in 6 months, most of the players blinded by the initial release will come to terms with the lack of longevity. And, notice how pointless the obscene gear grinds truly are for what is received. If I’m paying the price of a Ferrari for a Camry — it better have the kitten power of a Ferrari somewhere under that hood. GW2 asks for the time/money, and then gives you the standard Camry. Congrats.

You prefer vertical progression. There are plenty of games like that. Why would you want a game that is different to conform? Why must all games do the same? You are not concerned about the game but about your personal enjoyment. That’s fair enough but don’t confuse the two.

Any MMO is pointless. Vertical progression in MMOs is equally pointless. Just a different activity…still pointless. The only real indicator is what you enjoy or not. That is what gives it value. As you said you prefer something. This game has a different approach. Shouldn’t be a surprise. It was advertised as such.

You call other people blinded. Maybe you are just being condescending to people who enjoy different things. Any MMO gets stale after 6 months. That’s why new content is important. It’s not a unique thing for this game.

You talk about a Ferrari price but most people don’t have a Ferrari priced car. Let’s talk brand items in general, like clothing. People pay obscene amounts of money for clothing just because it has a specific name on it….not because it’s really better.

What you want is be able to grind yourself silly to get items that make you more powerful than other players who didn’t do this grind (because they don’t want to or don’t have the time). This game is not for you.

GW was never about gear > skill nor is GW2. The legendary weapons are something that are more of a long term goal. Only few people will go through the insane task of getting one in a few weeks…because they are that mad. Not because they have to.

Really, why do you want to turn this game into something it’s not? There’s enoug games like that already. We don’t need another one. If you want a hamburger, you don’t go to kfc….and yet you came to GW2 and expect all the wrong things from it.

It is you who makes no sense.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Posted by: Lamen.3852

Lamen.3852

My friends and I are all fleeing this game. We consider DEs to be totally pointless and dull. It’s always just mindless bashing with no need for coordination. Your personal actions don’t make any difference.

We play as a constant group – meaning whenever we start GW2 we do it as a group. For this scenario GW2 just doesn’t have enough to interest us.

It’s a pity, because I love the game technically and graphically.

Posted by: Coffeebot.3921

Coffeebot.3921

I agree with the general idea of what the OP is saying, after one has done all the dungeons and done the three main story paths then there isn’t much left to do PvE wise beyond vanity features like acquiring a legendary weapon (which is most of the PvE content available right now).

WvW is a good idea from ANet, but at present if one server decides to spend a lot of money on siege weapons early on then they will tend to dominate the other two servers and it then becomes a case of spawn camping (which is boring for all servers involved) and the benefits of WvW are… questionable, it’s mostly about zerging large groups of other players and clashing “armies” than gear or benefits though.

As for sPvP, it’s the only form of long life content in the game… but that’s the case for every MMORPG currently on the market, but it’s imbalanced (in many areas) both from a mechanical aspect (actual imbalances) and from a perceptual aspect (perceived imbalances) but again, that’s the same with every form of sPvP in every game ever.

So really, if you don’t care about vanity (achievements/titles/looks) and you don’t enjoy sPvP/WvW then there isn’t much for you… FOR NOW, but there will be content at some point, and you can just pick up right where you left off, it’s not like the game will charge you a monthly fee for it.

Fornicate like you’ve never fornicated before.
I am anti-censorship, for it doesn’t make sense to pander to a minority.

Posted by: Onedoesnotsimply.5740

Onedoesnotsimply.5740

Warmonkey makes really good points, except the fact that this game is extremely buggy for 2012, and the combat just seems so shallow.

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

The thing that matters is that most of the people I know share his view and are leaving or left.
That doesnt help things.
I did a 2nd toon and I can tell you the areas are dead. The perception is the game sucks and there is nothing to do. Orr is bad simple,WvW is a mess (transfers/bugs/hacks)and Spvp(unbalanced).
I hope Anet can get things together and turn things around.

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

I’ve been playing tons every day, since headstart, and not even getting close to bored yet. I think the problem is on your side… not the game’s.
Have been playing a few 100 hours on my Elementalist, getting max gear, completing all dungeons, finishing map completion. Next will be getting level 80’s of the other classes and races and get max gear for them. Then I might consider shooting for a Legendary. By that time an expansion will probably be out giving me even more to do. I’ll be playing this game for a few 1000 hours for sure.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

@OP:

Arenanet has stated that since they do not require a sub fee, they are not bound to provide and endless amount of content. At some point, like all MMOs, you hit a wall and theres nothing to do. It will happen. Expect it.

At least you can put this game down in the middle of the month and not feel like you wasted half a month worth of a sub fee.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: beren.6048

beren.6048

You can’t blame people skipping through lengthy posts and see only the word gear. That is how people read forums, not like a book every word, they read quickly and mainly the title. Make your post short and to the point. In one paragraph what is your point?

Posted by: beren.6048

beren.6048

The thing that matters is that most of the people I know share his view and are leaving or left.
That doesnt help things.
I did a 2nd toon and I can tell you the areas are dead. The perception is the game sucks and there is nothing to do. Orr is bad simple,WvW is a mess (transfers/bugs/hacks)and Spvp(unbalanced).
I hope Anet can get things together and turn things around.

like sPvP and I think that most coming from grind MMOs run through the game. In the end it is about seeing stuff, collecting new armors to see and following the story. But some people really want grinding, factions and ganking to stay busy. The bugs need to be fixed, I think they (dev team) go slow (period).

Posted by: Dynamite.6584

Dynamite.6584

You can’t blame people skipping through lengthy posts and see only the word gear. That is how people read forums, not like a book every word, they read quickly and mainly the title. Make your post short and to the point. In one paragraph what is your point?

If people want to come and discuss only one point I made, then fine. But that wasn’t even a point I made, nor was it even slightly implied at all.

So no, I can’t blame them for not reading all of it. I’m a college kid. I skim all the time. But at least I understand and reply accordingly to the part I actually read.

And again, there is a TL;DR section in my post that summarizes my point in one paragraph.

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

Game lacks content? It’s all the same? I’ll agree with the folks saying the game isn’t for you.

WvW is great, and if you’re wondering if one person can make a difference and it’s all about numbers and who is willing to buy siege, you are OBVIOUSLY playing it wrong, especially if you have a group of players that you WvW with. I have a Guild of 200+ members (about 10-15 of us are actually on Mumble working together) and every single time we enter WvW it is always a different story. There are commander tomes for a reason, the people that get them can make a difference (unfortunately the way to get them is really bad an ArenaNet needs to change it ASAP). Heck, even without that Tome, I’ve stood up and given commands on my level 20 ranger that couldn’t even dream of winning a 1v1 against a lvl 80, and people obeyed, and due to me stepping up and leading WITHOUT BEING A COMMANDER, I’ve made a difference.

If you’ve farmed the dungeons and can get the gear for two characters you haven’t played 70 hours. Right there is a lie.

This honestly seems to me like someone that rushed the game and is QQing because they can play faster than a company can develop a newly released game to keep the player based happy. Log off for a few seconds of the day and you won’t be making silly threads like these. Or, perhaps play the game correctly, because by reading your post I can see that you aren’t.

I have about 350 hours of gameplay. I’ve got a laundry list of things I want to do ingame, and every time I’m ingame something new arises that I’d love to do.

A youtuber named Enigma made a great video. It showed everything you can do (to level, but then again, about everything in this game helps you level). He basically said “well if you don’t like this, you can do this, but if you don’t want to do both, or any of it all, you have to question yourself why you’re even playing the game”. This game doesn’t lack endgame content, it’s just that most players lack lives. It has nearly as much to do as WoW does, it’s just that WoW adds cooldowns and timers on their dungeons so you CAN’T DO THEM (thus, no content available until CD is done). This is how their game has longevity. They restrict players from content. Guild Wars 2 doesn’t do that, so all the elitists rushed the game. If ArenaNet did what Blizzard did, legendary weapons would take over a year to obtain for elitists, and you’d only play to do your daily or weekly raid. So, you have to sit down and think, what are you willing to do in the game that you might find fun. If you find nothing, then question yourself, why are you still playing the game?

Dynamite.6584

You’ve got to be kidding me. My previous post was deleted because I used “all/alternating caps”? What kind of crap is that?
I can’t put emphasis by capitalizing certain lines? Fine.

Here is my previous post again “fixed” to fit “proper formatting”.

I have no idea why people continuously reply to this thread talking about gear progression and gear treadmills when I didn’t say a thing about that.
I’m not asking for endless gear grinding. I hate grinding of any sort as much as anyone else. I’m barely even asking for gear to contribute that much to the game.
Read my kitten opening post. I have one small section that even talks about gear, and I’m talking about it indirectly just to make a point about WvW.

That’s it.
So stop talking about gear progression.

Again. I am not talking about gear progression. I don’t want endless gear progression. So stop pinning that on me and this thread and making huge posts about them, thinking that is a valid argument.
One more time. I don’t want endless gear progression or anything close to a gear treadmill. If you don’t want to read the entire post, I have a TL;DR section near the bottom.
Oh and I almost forgot. I don’t want endless gear progression or a gear treadmill.

How about that? Good enough? Or is “WvW” also considered “alternate caps”?
Stop making excuses for cutting my posts.

And for my first infraction, for not putting “in my opinion” in the thread title, if this thread was instead titled “this game is the best game ever”, would I also get an infraction for “trying” to speak for everyone else?

Stop making crap excuses for editing and deleting my posts.

Posted by: Xenite.7418

Xenite.7418

I think one of the major problems people have is that they come into the game and play it like WoW. Best advice I could give someone is to come into GW2 as if you have never played an MMO before, learn to experience and play the game for what it is, not what you think it will be.

Posted by: farage.9215

farage.9215

I think one of the major problems people have is that they come into the game and play it like WoW. Best advice I could give someone is to come into GW2 as if you have never played an MMO before, learn to experience and play the game for what it is, not what you think it will be.

I never played WoW and i share the same opinion as OP, WoW has nothing to do with the problems this game have.

Dynamite.6584

I’ve been playing tons every day, since headstart, and not even getting close to bored yet. I think the problem is on your side… not the game’s.
Have been playing a few 100 hours on my Elementalist, getting max gear, completing all dungeons, finishing map completion. Next will be getting level 80’s of the other classes and races and get max gear for them. Then I might consider shooting for a Legendary. By that time an expansion will probably be out giving me even more to do. I’ll be playing this game for a few 1000 hours for sure.

Good example. For my point.

Once you competed all the dungeons and achieved 100% map completion on your Elementalist, are you going to do it another 7 times for the other 7 classes?
Or have any actual interest in doing the story again for them? 7 times, playing the same story. Must be a fun prospect.

So what you boiled the game down to is spending several thousand hours getting max gear for 7 characters and crafting a Legendary. That doesn’t sound godawfully boring at all.

Posted by: Xaximbo.2763

Xaximbo.2763

i agree, i am hell bored. This game needs 10 person raids with real challenging content, you have the guild to chat mainly guilds should be made in order to advance in the PvE content or to compete in PvP.

Right now all the exploration modes can be done with randoms, ungeared randoms. We need at least 2-3 raids and a new raid every 3 months or so to keep this entertaining. I seriously doubt i buy a new expansion set if by 2 weeks i will be bored again.

What is worse is the difficulty of this game is not well oriented, take Arah for example. Is a wipe fest but you cant control it you’ll be dieing repeteadily unavoidably , resurrecting and zerging again. Same goes for boss fights, very few bosses need an strategie 90% of times is tank + spank and ocasionally using the evade.

Copy wow PvE without tanks and healers and make it really challenging then you’ll have a good pve.

Dynamite.6584

@OP:

Arenanet has stated that since they do not require a sub fee, they are not bound to provide and endless amount of content. At some point, like all MMOs, you hit a wall and theres nothing to do. It will happen. Expect it.

At least you can put this game down in the middle of the month and not feel like you wasted half a month worth of a sub fee.

So Anet has a fallback in case they get this criticism. It is “you are not paying us more money, so you have no right to more content.” That is a fair point, no sarcasm. I can’t demand more content or threaten them with my patronage since I already paid them for what I got.
So buyer’s remorse for me.

But that just means that I’m not coming back for the expansion.
My prediction: Future GW2 expansions are not even going to get a third of the sales the initial release had unless they add content to keep players continually playing or continually coming back to play.

Posted by: Shootsfoot.9276

Shootsfoot.9276

You sure are spending a lot of time on a forum to a game you’re never going to play again.

Just sayin’

Shootsfoot.9276

i agree, i am hell bored. This game needs 10 person raids with real challenging content, you have the guild to chat mainly guilds should be made in order to advance in the PvE content or to compete in PvP.

Right now all the exploration modes can be done with randoms, ungeared randoms. We need at least 2-3 raids and a new raid every 3 months or so to keep this entertaining. I seriously doubt i buy a new expansion set if by 2 weeks i will be bored again.

What is worse is the difficulty of this game is not well oriented, take Arah for example. Is a wipe fest but you cant control it you’ll be dieing repeteadily unavoidably , resurrecting and zerging again. Same goes for boss fights, very few bosses need an strategie 90% of times is tank + spank and ocasionally using the evade.

Copy wow PvE without tanks and healers and make it really challenging then you’ll have a good pve.

Or you could just go play WoW?

Honest to God, you people and your superiority complexes thinking because YOU don’t like how a game is, it should change.

Do you go to an Italian restaurant and whine like little girls because you can’t get Sushi?

Just go. We get it. You don’t like the game.

Find another.

Dynamite.6584

You sure are spending a lot of time on a forum to a game you’re never going to play again.

Just sayin’

I only come on this forum when I’m bored senseless in class, and reading and posting on a forum on an Ipad looks like I’m taking notes.

I guarantee you that you won’t see me posting after 4 or 5 o’clock. I don’t think I posted anything yesterday because I had interesting classes, lol. It’s just Mondays and Wednesdays.

And no, I can’t say that I’m “never going to play again” since I still hope they actually put some endgame content into the game.

(edited by Dynamite.6584)

Posted by: Xaximbo.2763

Xaximbo.2763

WoW has his flaws, first one is that it has a subscription which was the 1st fact that made me choose Gw2 because i’ve spent around 500€ in wow which is a lot.

2nd fact is that this game was announced as an E-Sport where skill is 100% of the game. I’ve found a PvP that is even worse than wow’s pvp, with no target, no fun, no balance.

3rd fact is that this game was announced as a revolution to PvE, i like both pvp and pve and the pve i’ve found is what i said: Tank & Spank + move from the red circle. In WoW there are pve encounters that are pure bliss, it just seems that programmers here are lazy. The script of some bosses can be done in 10 minutes, instead of so many escort like dungeons that need a tonelade of scripting they could invest their time in a much more efficient way.

Posted by: Tim.9850

Tim.9850

When anyone levels that fast, they will burn themselves out. It doesn’t matter what game it is.

Most people leveling super fast are not enjoying the game. I’d also be willing to bet they have missed a large number of the dynamic events.

Posted by: lacrimstein.5603

lacrimstein.5603

When anyone levels that fast, they will burn themselves out. It doesn’t matter what game it is.

Most people leveling super fast are not enjoying the game. I’d also be willing to bet they have missed a large number of the dynamic events.

“Too fast”? The game spoonfeeds you EXP every corner. It’s been a month. Even casual players are starting to hit 80 by now. Tell me how you play, please. Avoid every single monster, mining node, tree, DE, and just “explore”? As for the DE’s, it doesn’t matter that I missed them. They’re exactly the same as the DE’s I’ve already done in every other zone: Kill everything inside the orange circle. Even WoW has a wider range of quest types than this game. DE quantity =/= DE quality.

(edited by lacrimstein.5603)

Shootsfoot.9276

Just sayin’

I only come on this forum when I’m bored senseless in class, and reading and posting on a forum on an Ipad looks like I’m taking notes. I guarantee you that you won’t see me posting after 4 or 5 o’clock. I don’t think I posted anything yesterday because I had interesting classes, lol.

And no, I can’t say that I’m “never going to play again” since I still hope they actually put some endgame content into the game.

Whatever.

Lol nice talking to you too.

I’ve just seen plenty of your type in gaming forums. Just not worth my (or anybody else’s) time.

Like I’ve said before, we get it, you don’t like the game. You’re holding out some sort of hope that there will be raids and carrot-chasing.

It’s not going to happen.

Just move on.

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

The world of Guild Wars 2 is so huge and so beautiful. I am constantly amazed by the artful design and incredible detail the designers have put into every area.

It’s really sad that once you hit level 80, you only visit 2 areas.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Shootsfoot.9276

Even WoW has a wider range of quest types than this game.

This actually made me laugh out loud.

Seriously?

Dynamite.6584

Just sayin’

I only come on this forum when I’m bored senseless in class, and reading and posting on a forum on an Ipad looks like I’m taking notes. I guarantee you that you won’t see me posting after 4 or 5 o’clock. I don’t think I posted anything yesterday because I had interesting classes, lol.

Whatever.

Lol nice talking to you too.

I’ve just seen plenty of your type in gaming forums. Just not worth my (or anybody else’s) time.

Like I’ve said before, we get it, you don’t like the game. You’re holding out some sort of hope that there will be raids and carrot-chasing.

It’s not going to happen.

Just move on.

Well one thing I can move on from is replying to your posts. You can’t read, so why bother?

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I think the OP ran theu the beautiful content this game has and forgot to enjoy himself. This game isn’t about end-game content, raids, and gear progression. Down-leveling should be all the proof that Anet wants us to experience the whole world of Tyria. They did a masterful job of designing it, it’s gorgeous…explore it. The point of playing GW2 (and Anet did say this) is to have fun. You’re supposed to play this game and enjoy what you do, whatever it is.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Dynamite.6584

I think the OP ran theu the beautiful content this game has and forgot to enjoy himself. This game isn’t about end-game content, raids, and gear progression. Down-leveling should be all the proof that Anet wants us to experience the whole world of Tyria. They did a masterful job of designing it, it’s gorgeous…explore it. The point of playing GW2 (and Anet did say this) is to have fun. You’re supposed to play this game and enjoy what you do, whatever it is.

I’m pretty sure I enjoyed myself, or else I would have stopped two hours in.
Please stop making the same bad argument everyone else is making.

Posted by: vjek.4270

vjek.4270

The world of Guild Wars 2 is so huge and so beautiful. I am constantly amazed by the artful design and incredible detail the designers have put into every area.

It’s really sad that once you hit level 80, you only visit 2 areas.

That particular problem they could fix with one single change.

As loot is already scaled, scale karma and XP rewards to match your real level, rather than your adjusted level.

Everyone would be playing all the content in the entire game, across all areas and level ranges, rather than stuck in two (or whatever other very small number you’d care to use) areas.

Inexplicably, the developers have neither commented on why this is not the case, nor why they decided originally not to do it, nor why they never plan to do it. A real shame. I know many players that would return to GW2 if this single change was put in the game.

And of course, removing DR wouldn’t hurt.

Posted by: Promega.7628

Promega.7628

400+ hours played and totally looking forward to doing a long list of things once my legendary is completed.

All the jumping puzzles
All the explore mode paths
A bunch of the achievements
More sPvP on all the classes
Some of the different story paths on alts
Lobbying to get a rotating zone-wide DE buff so we can farm in every zone of the game – https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Weekly-rotating-zone-wide-DE-buff/first#post461686

I kind of agree that I don’t see much point in WvW. My contribution feels minimal and there doesn’t seem to be any worthwhile reward for doing it?

Shootsfoot.9276

I’m pretty sure I enjoyed myself, or else I would have stopped two hours in.
Please stop making the same bad argument everyone else is making.

Yeah…it’s everybody else.

Not you.

Heh…I remember my college days. I knew everything, it was the world that was stupid.

Posted by: Vzur.7123

Vzur.7123

Not everyone else – I pretty much agree with him, and think he makes some valid points. I just don’t really know what to add. Think it’s a pretty safe bet that there are others who feel similarly on this.. so much so, that it’s a bit of a dead horse, at this point, but anyhow.. the OP is clearly not alone in feeling that way.

Posted by: Bluestone.7106

Bluestone.7106

I have actually read ArenaNet saying that they intend to provide more than a subscription MMO does.

So far for me personally they are living up to that since there is so much more content I am looking forward too after 500+ hours since headstart. And we are getting new content on October 22nd, a mere 2 months after launch.

My homeworld is Blackgate.
I am a GW2 player in New Zealand.
Check me out on the GW2 wiki.

Posted by: Tesena.1075

Tesena.1075

Stop the wrong focusing please, its not about catching his lie about having it all after 70 hours.

Life lesson: “Try to find the essential in every argument / discussion, and you have a good view point”

Now, on to the real topic. It is not enough to do in Gw2, that is final.. It is so much to do when you are leveling. The scinery is incredible beautiful and the game is just breathtaking. But what does it matter when you’ve done all this (which so many people have)

There is NO endgame content, what so ever. Nothing. Sure there are dungeons, which is great until you have gotten everything you need. Dungeons alone aint enough, not by far.

Now, why should we have raids? Think…. What is the essential of having raids? what captures the essence of a raid? Raids make people come together to have fun, to fight challenges to become a better player. Raids makes you feel that you’re a part of something bigger, and it improves the guild feature by far.

Why would anyone say no to such a game improvment? Please come with a rational answer.

Comments_____________
- Gear is not an issue, it does not have to be improved by much.
- Not being able to join a guild and raid is a stupid excuse for not having raids at all.
- The Casual player does not NEED to play raids because the difference won’t be that big. Why would the casual player even care, he / she is casual..

(edited by Tesena.1075)

Bluestone.7106

There is enough endgame, there is just a bunch of vocal people who don’t like the endgame GW2 offers.

If people want standard MMO endgame there are plenty of games that already have them that they can go play. Please do not try ruin our GW2 with the old MMO standards. GW2 is our new game embracing the fact that games are meant to be FUN and about SKILL.

Gehenna.3625

Haha wow. So many talking as if this is the Messiah of MMOs. As of the chosen people have finally reached their long awaited holy land, where they can finally have FUN and use their SKILLS.

Hilarious.

Perhaps you should drink a cup of tea. You are really on the border of flaming people and derailing your own thread.

You are being condescending and vindictive and in the end it’s all about you not liking the end game and acting like that is factual information instead of opinion.

“You don’t like X activity” does not equal “this activity is bad”. It means you don’t like it. If other people do like this game, there is no need for you to come with comments like this.

If you decide that all the things there are to do are not endgame for you, it doesn’t mean there is no endgame. It’s your perception, nothing more.

Honestly, are you trolling yourself or do you have an actual constructive point to make here?

Posted by: Tesena.1075

Tesena.1075

Honest to God, you people and your superiority complexes thinking because YOU don’t like how a game is, it should change.

Do you go to an Italian restaurant and whine like little girls because you can’t get Sushi?

Find another.

You are completely off the mark. Even your starting way of thinking is wrong, and the stupidity is seriously contemptious. Raids will make the game better, its not about if you want to raid, then you can go play another game.. Its about IMPROVING this game, to enhance gamers experience.

I would really like to see raids, to see the guild feature been activly used (After all it is Guild Wars) I would like to see people come together and be a part of something bigger, something organized, something rewarding and fun. (The gear reward does not have to be of very much greater stats than what already exists)

Posted by: Vzur.7123

Vzur.7123

I have actually read ArenaNet saying that they intend to provide more than a subscription MMO does.

So far for me personally they are living up to that since there is so much more content I am looking forward too after 500+ hours since headstart. And we are getting new content on October 22nd, a mere 2 months after launch.

Yeah, I don’t think ANet ever said they don’t need longevity. That’s just something some fans like to say. Funny thing is, some haters like to say it too.. but it’s just wrong, no matter how you spin it.

ANet wants their game to have longevity, as much as any other MMO dev does. It’s just good for the game, no matter what payment model it uses.

Bluestone.7106

Haha wow. So many talking as if this is the Messiah of MMOs. As of the chosen people have finally reached their long awaited holy land, where they can finally have FUN and use their SKILLS.

Hilarious.

For some people it is the game they have been waiting for. Personally it fits a big majority of the things I have been looking for in an MMO where all other MMOs I have tried in the last few years have been miserable failures for me personally.

You should reign in your attitude before you start flaming people for having a different opinion to yours. Everyone is entitled to their opinion whether you agree with it or not.

Posted by: Ryth.6518

Ryth.6518

What’s funny is you’ll see the same ’I’m done with this game’ threads over in the WoW forums…they consist of..

• Bored with Dailies
  • Nothing to do at end game if you arent a raider
  • Tired of Gear Treadmill

and so on.

Shootsfoot.9276

Find another.

You are completely off the mark. Even your starting way of thinking is wrong, and the stupidity is seriously contemptious. Raids will make the game better, its not about if you want to raid, then you can go play another game.. Its about IMPROVING this game, to enhance gamers experience.

I would really like to see raids, to see the guild feature been activly used (After all it is Guild Wars) I would like to see people come together and be a part of something bigger, something organized, something rewarding and fun. (The gear reward does not have to be of very much greater stats than what already exists)

Again, you’re walking into an Italian restaurant wanting sushi.

Oh, and by the way…somebody disagreeing with your opinion does not make them stupid.

Gehenna.3625

I’m with Shootsfoot on this one. Adding some level of gear progression, even small is a bad thing for this game. I’d love to see things like UW, FoW and such like in GW1 but purely for the cosmetics…not for better stats. There are plenty of games out there already that do that.

Shootsfoot.9276

What’s funny is you’ll see the same ’I’m done with this game’ threads over in the WoW forums…they consist of..

• Bored with Dailies

and so on.

LOL! You are absolutely correct.

Ryth.6518

Most of the people want VERTICAL progression…which I understand but I don’t think GW2 needs any sort of grind.

But it would be cool to have ‘PROGRESSION’ type content that is VERY HARD TO COMPLETE.

I would call these ‘RAID/PROGRESSION’ Dungeons/5 mans. They would be equivalent to difficulty that only the best players in terms of skills can complete.

1) At 80 start a quest chain that sends you throughout the lands to get a key to unlock/attune to Dungeon A

2) You run Dungeon A and complete it. You get a unique armor/weapons token(s) and get quests for Dungeon B

3) Run quests for attunement to Dungeon B.

4.) You run Dungeon B and complete it. You get a unique armor/weapons token(s) and get quests for Dungeon C

5) You run Dungeon C and so on.

You have to ‘PROGRESS’ through the order/vertical in order to do the next…and gear from the previous dungeon should be a factor.

And these dungeons should drop very unique armors and models that show how good your skills are.

The cool thing is that you still could run the previous dungeons due to down leveling/down difficulty etc.

• Bored with Dailies

and so on.

LOL! You are absolutely correct.

Yep. It’s kinda disturbing to see the massive amounts of people who have devoured the content. There is nothing you can do to appease these people. My buddy and I have basically completely done the opposite and set our playtime to a few hours a night and not every night and have literally just taken our time through the game. It’s nice not thinking you have to ‘gear up’ for PvP or hit the cap so you don’t get ganked or have to get to end game so you can grind for gear to raid.

(edited by Ryth.6518)

Gehenna.3625

@Ryth…stuff like this existed in GW1 also, I wouldn’t be surprised if things like this would indeed be added at some point.

Ryth.6518

@Ryth…stuff like this existed in GW1 also, I wouldn’t be surprised if things like this would indeed be added at some point.

Let’s hope Gehenna!

I think that is something that a lot of people would enjoy and I hope they make it very difficult. There is ‘something’ about having items from difficult encounters in the game to ‘show off in a game’. Having a ‘difficulty’ carrot as I call it isn’t a bad thing to have. I hate the grind carrots of just gear. Beating very difficult content is a vastly different thing.

I still remember the Dungeon 0/.5 stuff in WoW where there were people who couldn’t even complete a 45 min baron run and these were raiders who were carried in 40 mans.

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

70 hours of ingame time…hmm…you definitely skipped most of the content. how come im over 300 hours ingame and all i have to show for it are: lvl 60 main, 2 lvl 30 alts, rank 23 in mists, and 30% world completion >.<

im gearing up and leveling my main for WvW, where ive only spent about 10-20 hours. i guess there is a “wrong” way to play GW2, if you want the game to last. still though, 70 hours of pure PVE is not bad for 60 bucks, and youre probably still playing.

i think GW2 has plenty of longevity if you do a little bit of everything. steamrolling through the PVE on one character is bound to get ya bored quickly.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

Bluestone.7106

I don’t know how many people can join a commander but would be nice if there was an intermediate option that allowed a group of 10 to form up, costing maybe 10 or 20 gold and no map indicator.

Along with this I would like it if all dungeons had a short 10-man path added to each of them. Even if it was just one epic and really tough boss fight.