In my view, the game is going in the wrong direction

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Asglarek.8976

Asglarek.8976

It took me all of 3 week to get my ascended gear thru fotm how long will it take someone that doesnt run fotm to get same? Bet its longer than 3 weeks to me ascended thru laurels is a slap in the face to those that have choosen not to run on the treadmill.

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

I think people are forgetting that the higher level fractals were specifically designed for the hardcore crowd that wants to work a long time towards something as well as difficult content.

As I said ascended gear was never meant to be easy to get but at least they will be adding more ways over time to get them. It’s of little need unless you do higher level fractals as it stands. Exotics will do you just fine otherwise.

If you don’t want to work for the gear then the content is just not for you there are tons of other options of things to do and work towards within the game that are easier and faster. The vast majority of the game is for the casual players. Let the hardcore ones have something as well.

It’s not like you or blocked from doing fractals all together you can still enjoy it at lower levels and get decent rewards for them. People just expect everything to be handed to them and think they should be entitled to everything with ease.

Well, some want and should be rewarded for working hard and long for something. They are entitled to content that suits them as much as the casuals have theirs.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

(edited by Fay.2735)

Posted by: LOCO.1785

LOCO.1785

You realise dailies are completely optional right?

Since everything in the game is completely optional, your position is illogical.

You’re right, let’s just remove dailies because the OP only plays casually.

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

I think people are forgetting that the higher level fractals were specifically designed for the hardcore crowd that wants to work a long time towards something as well as difficult content.

As I said ascended gear was never meant to be easy to get but at least they will be adding more ways over time to get them. It’s of little need unless you do higher level fractals as it stands. Exotics will do you just fine otherwise.

If you don’t want to work for the gear then the content is just not for you there are tons of other options of things to do and work towards within the game that are easier and faster. The vast majority of the game is for the casual players. Let the hardcore ones have something as well.

It’s not like you or blocked from doing fractals all together you can still enjoy it at lower levels and get decent rewards for them. People just expect everything to be handed to them and think they should be entitled to everything with ease. Well, some want and should be rewarded for working hard and long for something. They are entitled to content that suits them as much as the casuals have theirs.

Grind to get to the content, Grind to get the right drops from the content, Grind to stay awake during the content for the hundreth time. Grind your face off the keyboard as you try and figure out where it all went wrong for this game…

Alternatively, Grind the daily’s for a short while and get a laurel, log out… Play a better game.

Irony…. xD

Posted by: Asglarek.8976

Asglarek.8976

It’s not like you or blocked from doing fractals all together you can still enjoy it at lower levels and get decent rewards for them. People just expect everything to be handed to them and think they should be entitled to everything with ease. Well, some want and should be rewarded for working hard and long for something. They are entitled to content that suits them as much as the casuals have theirs.

Everything was handed to people running FotM . Every FotM tier is only hard the first time thru maybe 2 or 3 if your a slow learner the only thing difficult about the thing is maintaining your sanity run after run after run. But for the people not running them they are being kittenblocked by laurel limits unlike those running dungeons that can endlessly farm fotm for the gear maybe they should add fotm lockouts after 3 runs say for 48 hours to make it kind of more fair.

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

Grind to get to the content, Grind to get the right drops from the content, Grind to stay awake during the content for the hundreth time. Grind your face off the keyboard as you try and figure out where it all went wrong for this game…

Alternatively, Grind the daily’s for a short while and get a laurel, log out… Play a better game.

If you don’t enjoy the game or the content, don’t play it. Simple as that. Coming on a forum of a game you don’t enjoy just to complain about it doesn’t add anything constructive or helpful.

As for me personally, I don’t like fractals that much so I don’t do them (Except for monthly). But I can see that there are people who like that type of content, progression and way of earning gear and I don’t see why they shouldn’t be allowed to do so.

I’ve got plenty of alternatives that I find enjoyable to get gear like the original dungeons that I much prefer. There are a multitude of options to work towards things in the game, laurels is just another way to do so and they will continue to add ways to be rewarded. I think it’s great that they add such a variety of ways to accomplish something.

But, of course they can’t please everyone and Guild Wars 2 isn’t for everyone just like with every other game. Some people will say something is too easy when others say it’s too hard. Some people will hate something within the game that others love. The variety in this game is great. Focus on the things you do enjoy.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

(edited by Fay.2735)

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

The daily takes less than an hour on a level 23 character. I don’t see how they could make it much simpler and still require interacting with the game to some degree. The monthly, I could see some amount of legitimate grief because it still requires PvP and Dungeons. But on the other-hand, it’s an achievement for things that are either useless pixel candy or can/will be available by other means. So if you don’t like it, don’t do it. But the daily can be done passively by just playing.

And something to keep in mind with the dungeons…when the game launched there was a lot of QQ about how they took too long and were too hard and nearly impossible with a pug or without voice chat. A few months later people were regularly clearing them, doing speed runs, clearing with little to no interaction and experiencing few if any actual deaths.

The same thing will happen with these new changes. A lot of complaining and over-reacting about the difficulty that will be a moot point because people will have adapted.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Posted by: kenshinakh.3672

kenshinakh.3672

Alright, I’ll write one up for you. Just give me a moment because it takes time to write lol.

Posted by: rjlewis.8457

rjlewis.8457

“You realise dailies are completely optional right? They’re just something extra for people to do that want to do them…”

No, they aren’t optional if you need the karma to buy end-game gear. I used to log in for an hour just to do dailies for the karma. Won’t be doing that any more….

Hellkaiser.6025

If you don’t enjoy the game or the content, don’t play it. Simple as that.

<insert whatever you want after this here as it won’t be read after a vapid goto answer>

You’re going to have to forgive me, but as much as I’m sure this was a great post or I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt the above quoted is how I interpreted your post immediately at a certain point

Once you toss the “if ya don’t like it, don’t do it” you just prove you’ve NOTHING to add to the discussion, something you probably like to project on to others if truth be told.

By all means come up with some real material, and don’t frame it with that vapid rubbish response, or we’re done here and there’s no point in us “discussing” anything more.

Now if you don’t mind, someone is actually going to ATTEMPT to avoid those pitfall flawed logic answers and come up with some compelling arguments, and I find that worth reading as opposed to badly framed posts. No offense intended.

Irony…. xD

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

So your argument is that it’s “optional”

Nope.

The question is simply why are we not being given MORE options that players are asking for as opposed to just a lot of the same old garbage?

You are given more options, and will be given even more in the future. But, if you claim playing the game is just “the same old garbage”, the answer is that maybe the game is not for you.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

kenshinakh.3672

Snip

People put coin into slot machines, and they gamble playing cards and dice, etc. Those are very successful “games” aren’t they? Now, let’s analyze WHY they’re successful even though people know the favor is in for the house… It’s the thrill and possibility of getting something good out of it in exchange for the risk involved. Simple as that. Luckily, those black lion chests have better return than losing at slots or something because you’re getting something out of it at the very least. They might not be the items you want, but they have their uses (boosters are nice for alts to burn on), and those random skin stuff they give is nice for those moments you’re with friends and goofing off with them. Not everyone likes this, but there are people who are fine with it. By the way, I managed to get 15 transmution stones out of those, and a handful of items I used on my alts. I think I opened about 30 of those kits so far too.
But as people have been saying, there’s nothing essential in there, it’s mostly vanity items or things for you to enjoy extra. Maybe you might not get a pet or whatever… but that’s what makes the pet rare and special right?
Anet has been adding more ways to get things though, and it seems pretty consistent. Like fractals, and more ways to get ascended gear. Even more ways to make money that can be used to get keys. They’re optional too.

Well, isn’t their work proof they want to make the game better? (You got to remember that game developers care for their games quite a lot, even Blizzard work hard to make their game attractive with each patch). Neither me or you can read their minds, but I can see proof that they care by their work. Maybe that’s just me, and maybe I just have really good eyes, but the point I’m making is that proof shows itself in their work. Maybe you didn’t like some of their work, but does that mean they don’t care? No it doesn’t. It simply means you don’t like their work. It’s like how people say they hate rap music, and others love it. The artist still makes more songs because they want to, and they try to make it good for their fans.

There’s much more to just reaching 80. I sorta need you to expand on that before I can say much more.

I won’t give you the same line “you can leave the game if you don’t like it.” Instead, I’ll ask you to try playing the game a different way or from a different perspective. Maybe take it more relaxingly, or play it with other types of people, or do something you don’t normally do. The number one thing in enjoying a game is letting yourself enjoy it as it is. Don’t force the game to work in a way it doesn’t. Play along with what’s designed. The game won’t mold to you perfectly, but you can definitely adjust yourself to let the game mold to you well. It makes gaming much more enjoyable. Immerse yourself in the game’s world instead of wrapping the game around yourself.

As far as “perceived” droprates go, that’s just one thing. Lower drop rates might not necessarily mean a bad thing. Raising/lowering drop rates of items is one of the ways things are balanced in the game. It’s always going to change and adjust.

I don’t think it’s right to say it will be like Diablo III… I see it quite differently and I can explain it if you want to know why I think so.

Hellkaiser.6025

So your argument is that it’s “optional”

Nope.

The question is simply why are we not being given MORE options that players are asking for as opposed to just a lot of the same old garbage?

You are given more options, and will be given even more in the future. But, if you claim playing the game is just “the same old garbage”, the answer is that maybe the game is not for you.

thankfully I’ve also got the option to completely on principle alone, ignore any and all arguments and consider them pure rubbish once I see the “just leave it if you don’t like it” there’s a lot of dead mmo’s which should have that as their epitaph, perhaps we should start stamping it on them so folks can read them and maybe think for a moment

“If we had only listened to the folks who WANTED to come back to the game instead of pridefully investing on the stragglers and trying to stick them on treadmills”

And yes, your argument was that it was optional, you’re not making sense now, get some sleep or something :P

Irony…. xD

Hellkaiser.6025

People put coin into slot machines, and they gamble playing cards and dice, etc. Those are very successful “games” aren’t they? Now, let’s analyze WHY they’re successful even though people know the favor is in for the house… It’s the thrill and possibility of getting something good out of it in exchange for the risk involved. Simple as that. Luckily, those black lion chests have better return than losing at slots or something because you’re getting something out of it at the very least. They might not be the items you want, but they have their uses (boosters are nice for alts to burn on), and those random skin stuff they give is nice for those moments you’re with friends and goofing off with them. Not everyone likes this, but there are people who are fine with it. By the way, I managed to get 15 transmution stones out of those, and a handful of items I used on my alts. I think I opened about 30 of those kits so far too.

risk and reward are already heavily involved in RPG games, along with random number generation might I add, there was never any need to include it in a cash shop as a money grab. You can disagree and I won’t fight you on this, but whilst I’m the kinda guy who steers clear of all prejudice when I can, I find these items to be a remnant of the most DIABOLICAL “nickle and dime” extortion schemes asian MMO’s used on people, even the bare remnants of this stripped down into “harmless” black lion chests, turns my stomach and the irony being that they’d probably make more money utilizing a less “gambling” based system, let the RNG be part of the fun of killing monsters or whatnot, and not the thrill of opening their wallet, that doesn’t set a good example EVER for anyone. I do however respect that you avoided “don’t buy them then” as a cop out answer

But as people have been saying, there’s nothing essential in there, it’s mostly vanity items or things for you to enjoy extra. Maybe you might not get a pet or whatever… but that’s what makes the pet rare and special right?
Anet has been adding more ways to get things though, and it seems pretty consistent. Like fractals, and more ways to get ascended gear. Even more ways to make money that can be used to get keys. They’re optional too.

This game is based on vanity, or at least claimed it the minute there’s something exclusive in them, it’s an abuse of the trust of players and their own alleged principles on the matter, I’ve my suspicions as to whom is responsible for that, but I’m sure i don’t need to spell that one out.

Well, isn’t their work proof they want to make the game better? (You got to remember that game developers care for their games quite a lot, even Blizzard work hard to make their game attractive with each patch). Neither me or you can read their minds, but I can see proof that they care by their work. Maybe that’s just me, and maybe I just have really good eyes, but the point I’m making is that proof shows itself in their work. Maybe you didn’t like some of their work, but does that mean they don’t care? No it doesn’t. It simply means you don’t like their work. It’s like how people say they hate rap music, and others love it. The artist still makes more songs because they want to, and they try to make it good for their fans.

“everyone is going to love this game, go and buy it!! run out now!! we’re going to do everything so differently!!”

2 months later

“we are introducing standard systems into our game, a new tier of gear, we are not altering any of the aspects of the game that don’t fit with what we said 2 months ago, as that is no longer our desired direction”

Funny you should mention blizzard too, from what I’ve seen their last few patches exacerbated the “loot pvp” mentality between differing roles, reduced any and all need to push yourself to be better than an LFR tourist and ultimately gutted their own game in their never ending cycle of self cannibalization and necromancy to keep their frankenstein’s monster running. But that’s just what I see when I look at it.

As far as the paradigm argument goes, ie: rap music etc. that’s a dangerous game, and if a rap group starts playing classical music and alienates their fans, to then get other fans, they’re no longer the same paradigm. aka they undergo a paradigm shift and become a classical group. its just a matter of flavor, but that doesn’t mean that they burn all their old successful records and recall them or pull what’s commonly known as a “bait and switch”

Irony…. xD

Hellkaiser.6025

won’t give you the same line “you can leave the game if you don’t like it.” Instead, I’ll ask you to try playing the game a different way or from a different perspective. Maybe take it more relaxingly, or play it with other types of people, or do something you don’t normally do. The number one thing in enjoying a game is letting yourself enjoy it as it is. Don’t force the game to work in a way it doesn’t. Play along with what’s designed. The game won’t mold to you perfectly, but you can definitely adjust yourself to let the game mold to you well. It makes gaming much more enjoyable. Immerse yourself in the game’s world instead of wrapping the game around yourself.
As far as “perceived” droprates go, that’s just one thing. Lower drop rates might not necessarily mean a bad thing. Raising/lowering drop rates of items is one of the ways things are balanced in the game. It’s always going to change and adjust.
I don’t think it’s right to say it will be like Diablo III… I see it quite differently and I can explain it if you want to know why I think so.

I have tried to, logic dictates that I don’t be a huge hypocrite and at least try play differently and adapt, but it got to the point where I was no longer comfortable adapting and things that weren’t broke were supposedly “fixed”

The game sold with the motto “play the game your way” and your suggestion although noble and one that I respect far more than the vapid goto response i’m so sick of seeing, goes directly against that. I can’t play the way I want, I’m gated, thrown into a grind pit at a certain point and ultimately everywhere I look nothing is changing for the better in that department just more limitations and there is always BETTER ideas thrown around, and many have been suggested yet none implemented or even why they weren’t implemented on expanded upon.

They tell us something has changed like a droprate, and they don’t even give us a number. I can’t trust a lack of transparency anymore, not with some of the names involved in this game and my long term love of gaming. I’m invested in it all my life, so when I see something wrong like many I just want to see that it isn’t a good choice for me and others that share my opinion, because when it’s a success, it gets emulated and by god… I’m tired of some of this stuff being emulated..

Irony…. xD

Posted by: Nappychappy.7046

Nappychappy.7046

GW2 is still a great MMO and better than most other MMO’s but it sure as hell isn’t the “non-MMO MMO” like GW1 was. If you don’t like it, just be happy that you got your moneys worth on the original price tag and go play another game. If you’re looking for a quality “non-MMO MMO” I can recommend Eve Online.

Enjoy playing alone.

I haven’t got to play much at all and honestly I haven’t even felt like playing, but I figured I’d give Anet yet another chance on redeeming themselves. Well after doing 2 events in a chain I had already hit DR’s, (1 failed Priest of Grenth attempt) since it’s bugged we didn’t finish it.

After that I switched to my Ele and did Balth, got nothing but a few moldy bags and greens from the chest (3-4 blues off gobs of trash) from rally to the temple. Then I switched to my warrior and did Lyssa for 7 moldy bags, 4 blues and 4 greens.

Did my daily since that isn’t affected by DR’s? Got 1 laurel and spent it on a t6 bag that yields 3 t6 mats. No thanks, complete waste of time, and now with laurels, and boxes… What a joke.

Oh and culling is even worse…

Yeah I can play the game for free once a day for a limited time, it’s like a kitten demo.

Game is going the wrong direction

Everything is becoming more difficult

Why any remotely challenging thing so scares gamers nowadays?
Thank god you never played GW1 then. You would quit in pre-searing lol.

The game hasn’t become more difficult, it’s became more ridiculous. How does Anet make things harder? Slap 1 billion hp on it, screw mechanics, just put gates on everything.

Laurels, 1 a day and what 10 for monthly? I suppose if you are so bored you play even while suffering DR’s, killing your 100th boss on whatever speed run you might as well get some extra crap right? I topped on my daily allowance running an event .. The daily took a lot of time, a lot of time I was jumping through hoops for 1 laurel, nothing else, and the crafting bag – slap in the face.

It’s hard to log on and do what you need to do before Papa Anet say’s stop. No gold for you, buy gems, buy gems, buy gems.

You are using 21 of 100 infractions ermm, PMs.

(edited by Nappychappy.7046)

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

The dungeons were nerfed.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

kenshinakh.3672

risk and reward are already heavily involved in RPG games, along with random number generation might I add, there was never any need to include it in a cash shop as a money grab. You can disagree and I won’t fight you on this, but whilst I’m the kinda guy who steers clear of all prejudice when I can, I find these items to be a remnant of the most DIABOLICAL “nickle and dime” extortion schemes asian MMO’s used on people, even the bare remnants of this stripped down into “harmless” black lion chests, turns my stomach and the irony being that they’d probably make more money utilizing a less “gambling” based system, let the RNG be part of the fun of killing monsters or whatnot, and not the thrill of opening their wallet, that doesn’t set a good example EVER for anyone. I do however respect that you avoided “don’t buy them then” as a cop out answer

I can totally understand that. (The worst type of RNG I’ve seen in MMOs was when you have to enchant your weapon and the higher you enchant, the higher chance your weapon will break completely. Lol. People spend hundreds on their weapon enchant only to have their weapon destroyed).
What are you trying to get from the black lion chests though? I can imagine RNG would be annoying for people trying to collect all the minis possible, but a lot of the items in the black lion chest can be bought directly for gems, such as transmutation stones.

This game is based on vanity, or at least claimed it the minute there’s something exclusive in them, it’s an abuse of the trust of players and their own alleged principles on the matter, I’ve my suspicions as to whom is responsible for that, but I’m sure i don’t need to spell that one out.

Is this about the introduction of fractals and a slight increase in stats? As far as I know, fractals was planned before the launch but they didn’t have time to put it in yet. I’m sure if they released it at the same time the game opened, people would have viewed it differently.

“everyone is going to love this game, go and buy it!! run out now!! we’re going to do everything so differently!!”

2 months later

“we are introducing standard systems into our game, a new tier of gear, we are not altering any of the aspects of the game that don’t fit with what we said 2 months ago, as that is no longer our desired direction”

Funny you should mention blizzard too, from what I’ve seen their last few patches exacerbated the “loot pvp” mentality between differing roles, reduced any and all need to push yourself to be better than an LFR tourist and ultimately gutted their own game in their never ending cycle of self cannibalization and necromancy to keep their frankenstein’s monster running. But that’s just what I see when I look at it.

As far as the paradigm argument goes, ie: rap music etc. that’s a dangerous game, and if a rap group starts playing classical music and alienates their fans, to then get other fans, they’re no longer the same paradigm. aka they undergo a paradigm shift and become a classical group. its just a matter of flavor, but that doesn’t mean that they burn all their old successful records and recall them or pull what’s commonly known as a “bait and switch”

Blizzard’s latest patch with Mist is actually pretty good and got a lot of good reception.

In regards to GW2, the fundementals and gameplay are still the same as it has been since it started. Why do you feel it is different or going in such a way that is so drastically different from what it was initially?

Posted by: johnnycosmic.9130

johnnycosmic.9130

Its like starting with the Fotm update some suit running the company is sabotaging the game with every new update, even the free server transfers literally killed off already weak servers, and made some strong servers flat out weak in WvW. What was the point on that, typical player mentality is free server transfers lets go to a wining server and be instant winners, and that’s what 90% of the big guilds on my server did, we where doing very good before the transfers but not good enough I guess.

Posted by: klesk.1790

klesk.1790

Ever since Fractals and Ascended Gear came out, everything is becoming a complete mess.

Its sad how the game is becoming more complicated. Som people were right…fotm-ascended gear should of never made it to GW2 period. End of story

Posted by: BroScientist.9875

BroScientist.9875

Ever since Fractals and Ascended Gear came out, everything is becoming a complete mess.

Its sad how the game is becoming more complicated. Som people were right…fotm-ascended gear should of never made it to GW2 period. End of story

I really have to agree with this.

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

If you’re looking for a quality “non-MMO MMO” I can recommend Eve Online.

You must be talking about some different version of Eve. In the one I played it took over 4 months of skill training just to be allowed to fly capital ships.

Great marketplace (far better than GW2 – and a proper economy, where players can trade PLEX directly with each other), pretty graphics, decent PvP (a bit too artificial for my taste, but large fights can be fun), but progression and gathering in Eve are about as grindy as it gets.

Anyway, regarding the topic, I agree. GW2 seems to be (strangely) moving in the wrong direction since about half way into the beta period. I suspect there was a change in the design staff and the people currently in charge don’t really have a global vision for the game, they’re just pulling it in different directions and causing several cracks to appear.

Ascended gear is just the most visible symptom of how the game has been deviating from its (supposed) core principles.

- Al Zheimer

(edited by Account.9832)

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

No.

But VG gives you a reson to grind(don’t forget they are the makers of EQ!). GW 2 doesn’t. Besides, VG is almost fully f2p now-all PvE and RPG fans owe it to themselves to at least try it.

Simple as that.

Edit: TSW sounds awesome. Will buy that shortly with my two books(Warhammer High Elves!!!!! <3 <3).

No soe did not develop everquest 1. They developed everquest 2 which absolutely did not live up to it’s predecessor, as well as myriad blunders: swg, the ruining of PS1 post development, the mess that is PS2. I will never play a game developed by soe. (exception would be ps1 when it goes f2p because that game is amazing and is balanced now, though noone plays it currently.

SoE did not make Vanguard. It was made by Sigil Games Online which was founded by Brad McQuaid and Jeff Butler who were the leads in EQ. SoE bought out the SGO company and now runs vanguard.

Posted by: tnarrant.9714

tnarrant.9714

Everything is becoming more difficult and grindy to do. I barely have time to log on during the week and now I come on today and see these ridiculous dailies. Oh, and dungeons are going to be a lot harder now so I won’t be able to gear up my characters as easily as the people who played the game for 5 months prior to this month (I’m new to the game). Let see what else, another currency that I have to keep track of, great.

From my point of view, it would seem like the bulk of these changes were put in to halt/limit progression.

I bought the game because the original Guild Wars wasn’t so grindy and GW2 was advertised as the non-MMO MMO. Well I can see now that GW2 is about as much of a sequel to GW1 as Diablo III was to Diablo II, as in a sequel in name only that completely misses what made the previous game good.

I have to say that I agree almost completely with this. I’m still able to have fun in this game, but I’m finding that as time goes by and the the game changes my ratio of frustration to fun keeps increasing. Given that I can see no good player-perspective rationale for this trend, I can only assume that the higher frustration is intentional and is related to the gem store. My original impression was that the store would be cosmetic and novelty items, not a resort for those hampered by game annoyances.

Had the game been moving in a better (IMHO) direction, I would have by now spent money on additional character slots and possibly other things. But instead as class after class gets nerfed and rewards get trimmed and difficulty ramped up, I’m more inclined to delete characters and boycott the store.

Posted by: Gaudrath.6725

Gaudrath.6725

You see kids shedding tears, I see dissatisfied customers, which do you think makes more sense from a business point of view?? :/

This would be a pathetic world if everyone immediately caved in to crying kids as a business practice.

You know what makes sense from a business stanpoint? Metrics. You know, the actual tools devs use to see how features in their game are doing?
Not listening to incessant whining on the forums, because my friend, if they made the perfect game, there would be people complaining about that.

Uthgar Stormbringer, elementalist
Sigurd Greymane, guardian
~ Piken

Posted by: Space.8053

Space.8053

Had the game been moving in a better (IMHO) direction, I would have by now spent money on additional character slots and possibly other things. But instead as class after class gets nerfed and rewards get trimmed and difficulty ramped up, I’m more inclined to delete characters and boycott the store.

See i’m frustrated with the game too but for completely the opposite reasons. There were no ‘nerfs’ with this patch just bug fixes, so i’m not sure where you get this from. Also it looks to me as though rewards got better?

The breaking point for me was when the number of people with shiny / expensive loot that did not know how to use a combo field with their class yesterday was crazy. There is probably 1% of the game where skill counts, and people don’t need to learn because they can just skip / mash their skills and get quicker rewards.

Fat Rob
[TCHU]
Gandara

Posted by: Ouroboros.5076

Ouroboros.5076

I completely agree…they threw out most of what made GW1 memorable and inherently fun in the first place.

Combat depth, elite skill capping, actual cinematic cutscenes in the story rather than middle school plays…it’s like they completely dropped off the deep end with this game.

I just laughed out loud at work thanks to your post.

No combat depth in GW2 = you don’t understand this game at all.
Elite skill capping = you don’t understand this game at all.
Cutscenes as in GW1 … Well GW1 won some “worst cutscenes awards” so … don’t really know what we’re missing here ?

Go back to GW1 (which I played for 6 years) and leave this game alone, tyvm.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I don’t get some of you at all. I play this game with no ascended gear and, I don’t know about you, but I do dungeons, WvW, run around Orr. There’s NOTHING gated in this game that makes you grind if you don’t want to. Don’t have a ring or a backpack? So? This is all in your mind. You don’t need this stuff to play the game.

More to the point, most of the dailies are stuff I get just doing other stuff anyway. I mean rezzing people? Really? Crafting 10 ingots?

Grind is a state of mind. I played Guild Wars 1 for five years and PLENTY of people grinded in Guild Wars. They farmed ectos in the underworld, they did voltaic spear runs, speed clears of dungeons. They farmed faction for Luxon and Kurzick rank. Anyone who thinks there was no grind in Guild Wars 1 probably didn’t play as much as they think. But all that grind was voluntary.

The same is true here. You CAN grind, if you want. Or you can just play the game. Without even trying to get dailies, 90% of the time I got it without knowing I was going to. It just happened. I’d go around, kill stuff, do events and by the end of my play time I had my daily.

Today my daily consisted of 13 kill types, 60 kills, 10 rezzes, 15 dodges and 20 gathering.

The gather, and 60 kills is a no brainer. Dodging 15 times…in the course of a gaming session I’ll dodge a lot more than that. It’s not really hard. And NPCs are lying around dead all over the place…in end zones, in outposts that have been taken over, in certain hearts and events, so rezz ten of them. How in the name of Lyssa is that grind? Kill types? The only way you won’t get 13 kill types is if you never leave Orr. You can get them in WvW, or PVe pretty much wherever you are. Don’t forget to kill mosquitos, rabbits and those other zero level creatures, because they count.

I saw some people were complaining about a crafting daily. You can get it by making 10 of any kind of ingot. It requires almost no time to farm copper or leather, just by playing in a starter zone and then make your stuff.

I just don’t get it. You know, I’ve played games with grind. And what made those games grind was the gating of content. If you wanted to do dungeons in Rift, you HAD TO have a minimum stat. You couldn’t even queue for the dungeon if you didn’t exceed that stat. So to get into the dungeon and experience that content, you had to grind. You had to get the required gear. That situation simply doesn’t exist in Guild Wars 2.

This game isn’t going in the wrong direction. People simply have forgotten what actual grind is.